PDA

View Full Version : Football Other than the Chiefs.....

rambleonthruthefog
07-14-2008, 11:35 AM
What NFL team(teams) do you have a soft spot for?

Saints
My wife is a serious Saints fan, and i've seen a couple of thier games at the dome. That and i like thier coach/players and the general better direction the team is headed.

Texans
Mainly, cause i hate the cowboys, and still get to root for a team from
Texas. Pretty much all of their games are televised here in Austin, as well.

Fairplay
07-14-2008, 11:39 AM
If any chiefs fans mention the Donk's on here so help me i'll.......%(/:cuss:

The Franchise
07-14-2008, 11:41 AM
The 49ers.....only because I was a 49ers fan when I was a little kid. When they traded Montana to the Chiefs....I followed along with him. Plus it's easier/cheaper to go see the 49ers play where I'm at. It also doesn't hurt that the girlfriend is a 49ers fan as well.

UteChief
07-14-2008, 11:43 AM
The 49ers.....only because I was a 49ers fan when I was a little kid. When they traded Montana to the Chiefs....I followed along with him. Plus it's easier/cheaper to go see the 49ers play where I'm at. It also doesn't hurt that the girlfriend is a 49ers fan as well.

Pretty much the same just no girlfriend at the moment.

tooge
07-14-2008, 11:43 AM
None. I hate some less than others, so I do root for teams other than KC, but I pretty much only like the chiefs. Now, the teams I hate the most is easier. Any team other than KC that has a player that has ever played for Oakland or denver. Any team that is or has been in St. Louis. Any team that has ever had Kurt Warner, Ray Lewis, Randy Moss playing for them. Or, any team that has Daniel Snyder or Jerry Jones as the owner. That pretty much sums it up. Got it?

Bugeater
07-14-2008, 12:03 PM
I hate them all.

Huffman83
07-14-2008, 12:04 PM
....None.

I try and watch other teams play and I just have no interest. It was fun to watch the greatest show on turf, I can admit that Manning is the man when it comes to QB's.

And when I try and watch NFL replay...or any other team...I just don't get into it. However I don't mind keeping track of individual players for the sake of fantasy football.

KC is my team.

Deberg_1990
07-14-2008, 12:06 PM
The Patriots. They just dont win enough.

Pasta Little Brioni
07-14-2008, 12:08 PM
NONE...i will watch the other teams, but can't even get into the game really at all. There is nothing like watching the Chiefs play. No soft spots, no 2nd team, and no being giddy for other teams star players for me.

stumppy
07-14-2008, 12:10 PM
None.

The Chiefs pretty much drain the fandom out of me.

Pablo
07-14-2008, 12:12 PM
I have a soft spot for teams that play outdoors..like men.

When I'm watching a game and one team is a dome team, 99% of the time I root against them. Domified pussies.

alanm
07-14-2008, 12:15 PM
The Lions. I guess I don't really have a reason why. Maybe it's because they've sucked since their glory days in the early 50's. :shrug:

smittysbar
07-14-2008, 12:15 PM
I still follow the Cardinals. When I was young we only had 3 channels, with only one good enough to see all the time. watched a ton of shitty games, but still I follow them.

I watch every game I can. I wouldn't say teams, but enjoy watching different players. Manning, Farve, Lewis, C. Johnson, Peterson, even LT. Not that I like the teams or care if they lose, but some of these talents are amazing.

bkkcoh
07-14-2008, 12:17 PM
Don't really like any other teams, I root against some teams and wish bad things on the rest of them.

StcChief
07-14-2008, 12:20 PM
DaBears

Fish
07-14-2008, 12:26 PM
I expect to catch immense amounts of hell for this....

The Cowboys.

When I was young, my large family thought it would be cute to "assign" each grandkid a specific NFL/MLB team. Why they would see humor in that, I don't know. I got the Cowboys. I got Cowboys clothes/etc. for X-mas. But I rarely got to see them play much growing up, and always got to watch or listen to the Chiefs. I slowly reverted my allegiance to the Chiefs the older I got and the more I began to think for myself. But I've always followed the Cowboys rather closely as well. Still do.

But let me be very clear, the Chiefs are a unanimous first on my list. The only reason I still stay up on the Cowboys is because they're in the NFC, and pose little threat to the Chiefs.

Pablo
07-14-2008, 12:32 PM

The Cowboys.

When I was young, my large family thought it would be cute to "assign" each grandkid a specific NFL/MLB team. Why they would see humor in that, I don't know. I got the Cowboys. I got Cowboys clothes/etc. for X-mas. But I rarely got to see them play much growing up, and always got to watch or listen to the Chiefs. I slowly reverted my allegiance to the Chiefs the older I got and the more I began to think for myself. But I've always followed the Cowboys rather closely as well. Still do.

But let me be very clear, the Chiefs are a unanimous first on my list. The only reason I still stay up on the Cowboys is because they're in the NFC, and pose little threat to the Chiefs.

There is a traitor amidst us!

Stinger
07-14-2008, 12:49 PM
Besides rooting for the Chiefs I would have to say whoever is playing the Raiders, Broncos, and Chargers that week.

StcChief
07-14-2008, 12:54 PM
Besides rooting for the Chiefs I would have to say whoever is playing the Raiders, Broncos, and Chargers that week.
that's a given.....:thumb:

Huffman83
07-14-2008, 12:55 PM

He does have a good point.

CHENZ A!
07-14-2008, 12:55 PM
Absolutely no one other than the Chiefs. I'll root for whatever helps the Chiefs, then my fantasy players, then underdogs unless the underdogs are AFC west teams or Cowboys, Rams, Colts, Packers, uh damn I don't really like anyone.

Dunit35
07-14-2008, 12:56 PM
This is non thread related but doesn't need its own thread.

I did something to my laptop internet and its now hiding all my tabs when I'm on a page. It enhances the website and covers up all the toolbars and the bottom toolbar thing. how can I fix it?

Baby Lee
07-14-2008, 01:01 PM
Whomever is playing the best defense. For a while it was the Ravens. The Bears on occasion.
Also, gotta lot of admiration for the way Jacksonville plays old-school and makes it work.

KurtCobain
07-14-2008, 01:03 PM
My girl's family is cheesehead crazy. So I have a small soft spot for the pack, but I don't really watch the games. Mostly just Chiefs games interest me.

Rooster
07-14-2008, 01:05 PM
The Lions. I guess I don't really have a reason why. Maybe it's because they've sucked since their glory days in the early 50's. :shrug:

WOW... A Chiefs fan with a soft spot for the Lions. Should we put you on suicide watch? :)

rambleonthruthefog
07-14-2008, 01:14 PM
WOW... A Chiefs fan with a soft spot for the Lions. Should we put you on suicide watch? :)

i used to have a soft spot for the lions cause i lived in wichita when barry was drafted. tried to stay with em', but after what they did to barry, and the continued suckage since, i've nothing left for them.

beach tribe
07-14-2008, 01:29 PM
Titans, because I'm from TN.

I don't really hate the Steelers. Other than that, I hate them all.

angelo
07-14-2008, 01:32 PM
The Chiefs above all others and The Montreal Alouettes

I also cheer for whoever is playing against the Raiders, Broncos, Chargers.
For some reason I respect the Jaguars more than any other team.Maybe it is because I covet some of their players. I also like what Dick Jauron sp is trying to do with the Bills.

I have an irrational hatred of Phillip Rivers, Peyton Manning, Ray Lewis and John Gruden. This list is actual longer but I am growing angry just typing these names.

Ang

Frazod
07-14-2008, 01:32 PM
The Bears are my red-headed stepteam. And they provided me with the only post-season glory I've ever personally witnessed when the won the NFC Championship Game a couple of years ago.

CoMoChief
07-14-2008, 01:42 PM
Chicago Bears for me. My Grandma has been friends with the Halas family and has had tix since the 40's when they used to play at Wrigley. I go up there for the Bears Packers game yearly if I can. Her tickets are amazing. Went to the Chiefs Bears game last season and sat in the media deck, talked to Gun, Lenny, Phil Sims, Holtus, and flipped off Solari after a draw play on 3rd n 9, and he saw me do it. It was great. I may go to the preseason game too this season if I have nothing else to do.

Grossman is by far the worst QB I've ever seen.

I also think they need to trade Urlacher because of his back.

Archuleta sucks. Thank god he's gone.

Frazod
07-14-2008, 01:45 PM
Chicago Bears for me.

Grossman is by far the worst QB I've ever seen.

He's terrible. I can't understand why they continue to waste time and effort on him.

beach tribe
07-14-2008, 01:45 PM

The Cowboys.

BUUUUURN!!!!!

CoMoChief
07-14-2008, 01:47 PM
BUUUUURN!!!!!

Agreed. Dallas fans are ****ing assholes. Theres really no other way to put it.

beach tribe
07-14-2008, 01:49 PM
Agreed. Dallas fans are ****ing assholes. Theres really no other way to put it.

I bartend a sportsbar on Sundays. I ****in hate them.
When the team sucks, nowhere to be found.

beach tribe
07-14-2008, 01:50 PM
No Fish. I do not hate you.

Carlota69
07-14-2008, 01:53 PM
My favorite second team is ANY team helping the Chiefs get a better standing. For instance, my second team could be the Donks IF they are playing the Raiders and a Donks win would benefit the Chiefs. Or it could be The Patriots if they are playing the Colts and a Colts loss would give us a higher seed in the playoffs. I know I know, Playoffs? But it could happen...sometime...this century. Its only 2008, a long way from the end of the century, so its possible.:p

"Bob" Dobbs
07-14-2008, 02:00 PM
I really liked seeing the Fins suck more than we did last season.

Fish
07-14-2008, 02:15 PM
I bartend a sportsbar on Sundays. I ****in hate them.
When the team sucks, nowhere to be found.

I'm quite grateful when the Cowboys suck, as I catch much less flack from people who know this about me. I don't dress out and root for them or anything, although I do have a Cowboys ball cap and a nice Emmitt Smith jersey that never gets worn... but I always feel better when they're not leading the division simply because most Cowboys fans are unbearable.... and they're more fairweather than Pat's fans....

But what can I say.... I only like teams that originated from Dallas....

Molitoth
07-14-2008, 02:15 PM
Lions. =(

Spicy McHaggis
07-14-2008, 02:20 PM
The Pack. I've got a bunch of family that are hard-core cheese heads so I've always watched their games growing up along with the Chiefs. The first football game I actually attended was a Packers game. I'll always be a KC fan and I don't buy into the "second team" theory but I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for Green Bay. Living up here contributes a bit, too.

rambleonthruthefog
07-14-2008, 02:32 PM
I don't buy into the "second team" theory

what the hell is a second team theory?

"Bob" Dobbs
07-14-2008, 02:33 PM
It's the one that plays on the grassy knoll.

Mr. Arrowhead
07-14-2008, 02:37 PM
i have always kind of rooted for the packers, it seems like the chiefs and packer are alot of similarities. Great loyal fans and alot of great tradition

Hammock Parties
07-14-2008, 02:38 PM
I like the Cowboys.

Pablo
07-14-2008, 02:40 PM
I like the Cowboys.You sonofabitch.

blueballs
07-14-2008, 02:41 PM
The Chiefs have all the drama i can handle

vailpass
07-14-2008, 02:43 PM
What NFL team(teams) do you have a soft spot for?

Saints
My wife is a serious Saints fan, and i've seen a couple of thier games at the dome. That and i like thier coach/players and the general better direction the team is headed.

Texans
Mainly, cause i hate the cowboys, and still get to root for a team from
Texas. Pretty much all of their games are televised here in Austin, as well.

Yet another reason for you to like the Texans:
The Texans are the Southern Broncos. Coaching staff, some players, blocking scheme, offense, etc. all Bronco.

TrebMaxx
07-14-2008, 02:52 PM
First off the Chiefs supersede any other team. I will admit that I do like the Steelers but they are not even close as far as the emotion of being a Chiefs fan is. I know the Chiefs suck right now but I am still a big supporter of this team.

Why the Steelers you may ask? Well here is why. The "Immaculate Reception". I loved that knife inserted, forced vertically up and twisted right into the Faiders.

http://http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immaculate_Reception (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immaculate_Reception)

rambleonthruthefog
07-14-2008, 03:54 PM
Yet another reason for you to like the Texans:
The Texans are the Southern Broncos. Coaching staff, some players, blocking scheme, offense, etc. all Bronco.

just like JA is no longer a chief, kubiak and company are no longer donks, and therefor likable.

I hate the donks more than than i hate cowboys.

Rausch
07-14-2008, 04:32 PM
Steelers. Started following them when Cowher left and turned them into the NE Chiefs.
I'll probably root for whoever hires him later on.

Same with Parcells and Capers over the years. Always liked him.

Dayze
07-14-2008, 05:08 PM
probably the Titans and Jags. I don't think i like a single NFC team.

Other than that, when the Chiefs season goes into the toilet, I turn to the SEC in NCAA.

ChiefsCountry
07-14-2008, 05:19 PM
The Titans and Packers. Both franchises are simlar to the Chiefs, Titans in the way both franchises are snake bite and the Packers with the fan base and loyalty.

chiefs1111
07-14-2008, 06:04 PM
I really don't cheer for any other nfl team other than the chiefs but I always watch the packers,as long as they aren't playing at the same time as the Chiefs.

Farzin
07-14-2008, 07:18 PM
Anyone who wins that is beneficial for the Chiefs.

WhitiE
07-14-2008, 08:03 PM
steelers.... but i only watch them when they play before the chiefs.

DJay23
07-14-2008, 08:46 PM
The answer should always be none. Rooting for multiple teams is for the weak.

:Royals::KU::arrow: end of story.

smittysbar
07-14-2008, 09:26 PM
Anyone who wins that is beneficial for the Chiefs.

Okay that is every Chiefs fan, we get that. He is asking of other teams a person likes.

Of course you root for teams that can help the Chiefs. Not ragging on you, just a bunch have said it, and it is a given.

Hoover
07-14-2008, 09:59 PM
For me its the Titans. I've always loved the Chiefs but I also had a soft spot for Warren Moon as a kid growing up. The guy threw the prettiest ball I've ever seen. I stayed kinda warm for them with McNair but not the current Titans.

KCrockaholic
07-14-2008, 10:57 PM
i have a soft spot for Jacksonville, and sort of the Bears...i love the history of the Chicago Bears....plus Walter Payton is my all time favorite HB...and Devin Hester is amazing to watch....umm, i do like the Saints, and the Packers (with Favre) always had a spot for me as well.

Spicy McHaggis
07-14-2008, 11:10 PM
what the hell is a second team theory?

I'm not sure, but I think they can't teach it in Kansas public schools.

chefsos
07-14-2008, 11:50 PM
None, now.

Used to like the Baltimore Colts, though. Not the God damned Indianapolis Irsays.

In the late 70's, when the Chiefs were annually going tits up, Bert Jones and those guys were kinda fun to root for in the playoffs, at least until they ran into the Steelers and Raiders.

RustShack
07-15-2008, 01:46 AM
Chiefs and only Chiefs baby. I just hate some teams more than others.