PDA

View Full Version : Money Jobless

RustShack
07-14-2008, 12:04 PM
My manager called me about 30 min ago telling me I didn't have to come in tonight, or ever. He said he went to work this morning and the owner was there waiting, and he shut the place down.

Bugeater
07-14-2008, 12:05 PM
Holy shit, sorry to hear that. Any signs that it was coming or was this a complete surprise?

Saulbadguy
07-14-2008, 12:06 PM
What place was this?

mikeyis4dcats.
that sucks dude.

what kind of place was it?

Fairplay
Wow, that sucks man. I hope you can find another job quickly.
Keep your chin up.

Demonpenz
07-14-2008, 12:10 PM
shit I still have some movies checked out

Pasta Little Brioni
Sorry bout that man...hopefully you will rebound quickly and find another job.

DaKCMan AP
Bummer. Good luck and hope you land on your feet soon.

bkkcoh
07-14-2008, 12:11 PM
hope you are able to find a job real quick. :toast:

RustShack
07-14-2008, 12:12 PM
Well people have been saying it could happen the last couple years, but buisness has seemed a lot better here recently. So I didn't expected it to just suddenly happen today. I was a cook at the Ground Round here in Waterloo. My manager told me I would qualify for unemployment, but I don't know. Even if I decided to do that I don't have a clue how to go about doing that, I'm still pretty new to the area, so I don't even know where the office would be.

Demonpenz
07-14-2008, 12:14 PM
Hey man I am sorry about what happened. Plenty of places probably need cooks. I worked in the back of restaurants in high school. That is some hard work for little or no love

Bugeater
07-14-2008, 12:15 PM
I blame Wal-mart for this.

Deberg_1990
07-14-2008, 12:16 PM
I blame Wal-mart for this.

If ya cant beat em, Join em!

IN all seriousness, sorry to hear about your job loss Rust. Im sure you will land back on your feet again soon. Good Luck.

RustShack
07-14-2008, 12:16 PM
Yeah, I just don't really know what resturant I want to work at now, or even if I want to. I'm not looking forward to having to learn a new menu and such, and its gonna suck if things are ran a lot diffrently.

Skip Towne
07-14-2008, 12:19 PM
It sounds like they may have done you a favor. Get your unemployment and go find a better job.

ChiefsFan4Life
07-14-2008, 12:20 PM
Well people have been saying it could happen the last couple years, but buisness has seemed a lot better here recently. So I didn't expected it to just suddenly happen today. I was a cook at the Ground Round here in Waterloo. My manager told me I would qualify for unemployment, but I don't know. Even if I decided to do that I don't have a clue how to go about doing that, I'm still pretty new to the area, so I don't even know where the office would be.

You should collect unemployment - you pay for it all the time so you might as well use it!

The Franchise
07-14-2008, 12:28 PM
Damn man....sorry to hear that. Go collect unemployment until you can find a new job.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-14-2008, 12:28 PM
I agree with Skip. Get your unemployment and find a better job. Good luck dude, the situation sucks, but it could be a blessing for you in the long run. Make it happen captain!!!

Fairplay
07-14-2008, 12:32 PM
It sounds like they may have done you a favor. Get your unemployment and go find a better job.

I agree. Sometimes it takes stuff like this to happen in life to make changes for the better.

Look at it as an opportunity.

PastorMikH
07-14-2008, 12:39 PM
That stinks. I'd also advise you to go sign up for the unemployment ASAP. It can take a few weeks after signing up to start getting help so the sooner you sign up, the sooner the checks come. Even if you are looking for jobs today, go sign up just in case you don't get a job as quick as you want. If you do get it, you can always cancel the unemployment.

If you are a decent cook, it won't be too hard to get on somewhere else.

Have a kid from our church here that was working at a Lonestar in OK City while in college. He didn't even get a phone call. He found out they had closed when he showed up to work and read the sign on the door.

We do have a Montana Mike's here that is in need of a decent cook - but I think they need them because the owner is pretty hard to work for so there's a lot of turnover.

PastorMikH
07-14-2008, 12:42 PM
I agree with Skip. Get your unemployment and find a better job. Good luck dude, the situation sucks, but it could be a blessing for you in the long run. Make it happen captain!!!

Say, that gives me an idea. Go get a job as a DTV installer. The one that installed my HD told me he makes around 4k a month. He was so slow (work ethic wise as well as mentally) that I'm thinking if he can make $4k a month, I could probably land $10k-$12k a month.

If an old guy like Skip can do it, and a young lazy guy can do it, you can too!

:)

Abba-Dabba
07-14-2008, 01:00 PM
It's a Ground Round. I wouldn't expect anything less. I think the one that was here lasted a few months, if that. They had the worst cut of meat I have ever eaten. And I've eaten camel and cat.

bogey
07-14-2008, 01:08 PM
Sorry to hear. I've generally found that change is good. Have confidence in yourself when interviewing, and you'll be fine.

Iowanian
07-14-2008, 01:10 PM
I can't fathom that the job you just lost isn't easy to replace.

If you get out, and apply at 5 similar places in the Loo-CF area today, you'll have a similar job.

If you lived closer to me with that experience, I would guarantee a job today.

angelo
07-14-2008, 01:19 PM
The current going rate for cooks in Kansas City is $12-14 an hour.
If you are looking to relocate.

Ang

Pitt Gorilla
07-14-2008, 01:20 PM
The Round is shutting down?!? WTF? I always thought it had good food. Was business not that good?

Frazod
07-14-2008, 01:30 PM
Always love it when when you get up one morning and find out your job just died. This has happened to my wife twice - once, she worked for a title company that was shut down by the government. Not only did she lose her job, but because funds were frozen, she never got her final check, so she basically worked the last two weeks for free. The next time it happened we returned from our honeymoon to find a FedEx letter on the front porch informing her that her entire department had been whacked. The cocksucker who knew she'd be out of a job after returning from dropping a couple of grand on vacation smiled and wished her a nice trip before she left. Fortunately he kept his job. 4321

Best of luck to you.

Jenson71
07-14-2008, 01:53 PM
Sorry to hear that. Obviously, the Barmuda guy (Darin Beck) pretty much runs this town with his resturants and bars. Have you checked their website? It looks like Beck's (on College Street in CF) is hiring all positions. Might as well try.

http://www.barmuda.com/employment.php

blueballs
07-14-2008, 02:13 PM
You can file for unemployment on line in Missouri
Missouri is usualy behind on that kind of thing

RustShack
07-14-2008, 02:19 PM
Yeah I just filed for unemployment, they said to only expect $96 a week. I think I'm just going to hang out for a couple days then start applying everywhere. But yeah I think it closed down just because we weren't making much money, or probably losing money.

ChiefsFanatic
07-14-2008, 02:30 PM
My manager called me about 30 min ago telling me I didn't have to come in tonight, or ever. He said he went to work this morning and the owner was there waiting, and he shut the place down.

Man, I am currently jobless too. Good Luck!

Iowanian
07-14-2008, 02:43 PM
This might be an opportunity life is giving you to look towards a more lucrative and long term career.

Jewish Rabbi
07-14-2008, 02:45 PM
Shouldn't someone start up a fund to help out poor RustShack?

RustShack
07-14-2008, 02:47 PM
My stimulas check was supposed to be mailed out the 11th, I still haven't got it :(

Mr. Flopnuts
07-14-2008, 02:50 PM
My stimulas check was supposed to be mailed out the 11th, I still haven't got it :(

You'll get it this week. Good timing too it sounds like.

blueballs
07-14-2008, 02:55 PM
I hope you find work
before it trickles down to the peons

RustShack
07-14-2008, 03:05 PM
This is unrelated, but I got my first ever Chiefs tickets yesterday! So I'll get to witness Glenn Doresy breaking Darren McFaddens legs!

Bugeater
07-14-2008, 03:34 PM
Always love it when when you get up one morning and find out your job just died. This has happened to my wife twice - once, she worked for a title company that was shut down by the government. Not only did she lose her job, but because funds were frozen, she never got her final check, so she basically worked the last two weeks for free. The next time it happened we returned from our honeymoon to find a FedEx letter on the front porch informing her that her entire department had been whacked. The cocksucker who knew she'd be out of a job after returning from dropping a couple of grand on vacation smiled and wished her a nice trip before she left. Fortunately he kept his job. 4321

Best of luck to you.

Would you have rather they told her the day before you left?

acesn8s
07-14-2008, 03:38 PM
This was uncalled for. To terminate employment without any warning is totally bogus. To show my support for you I will never eat at the Ground Round again!:harumph:

CoMoChief
07-14-2008, 03:41 PM

That happened to my roomate a year ago. He was working at the Buffalo Wild Wings that was then privately owned. The owner was a complete baffoon, and got bought out from corporate because the owner never paid company bills on time etc. Needless to say it was poorly ran, my roomate was a cook, and one day went into work like normal and the doors were locked with only the owner inside and just said that no one had jobs anymore and that he would send them their last checks. The restaurant closed for about 3 months as corporate came in and re-did everything and didn't hire one person from the previous staff when it reopened later 3 mo down the road.

It was just a shitty ol part time job for my roomate and in CoMo you can work at just about any restaurant if you wanted to. But some people there worked there as head manager and GM etc and that was their main actual job so to speak. Felt kinda bad for those people cause it wasn't a very high paying job to begin with and they had kids etc.

Deberg_1990
07-14-2008, 03:44 PM
So are most chain resteraunts privately owned? I see chain places like this shut down all the time, but how come you never see a McDonalds or Burger King go out of business? Are those business's impossible to f*ckup?

Frazod
07-14-2008, 03:45 PM
Would you have rather they told her the day before you left?

Well, if I'd known the day before we left, we might not have left.

Of course, hindsight is 20/20. We arrived home to that letter on Friday, September 7, 2001.

acesn8s
07-14-2008, 03:58 PM
So are most chain resteraunts privately owned? I see chain places like this shut down all the time, but how come you never see a McDonalds or Burger King go out of business? Are those business's impossible to f*ckup?
BK on Shawnee Mission Parkway has been closed for about 2-3 years now.

So, no.

acesn8s
07-14-2008, 04:02 PM

Of course, hindsight is 20/20. We arrived home to that letter on Friday, September 7, 2001.
You didn't happen to get pissed off enough to convince some Arabs to fly a plane into a couple of buildings afterward, did you?

Bugeater
07-14-2008, 04:06 PM

I'm just curious because one of my friends got canned from his job on a Friday right before he was leaving for Vegas, and he says he'd rather have been canned when he got back because he at least would've enjoyed the weekend there. There's really no easy answer for it, that's for sure.

SithCeNtZ
07-14-2008, 04:11 PM

It's not impossible, but pretty difficult. On a flight I just happened to sit next to a guy who owned 3 McDonalds himself. He said there was something around a 98% success rate with their stores, mostly because they are so good at getting stores in high traffic areas. They can run the stores off of so few people that it means they have a huge window to make a profit and he said it would be difficult for business to ever dip into the red. He also said that the 2% who don't make it were generally stores that were in areas that didn't develop like they hoped, not because of poor service or some other management type issue.

Iowanian
07-14-2008, 04:13 PM
Don't worry Rustshack. Obama the Builder will save you with his freshly Iowani-coined "hope a dope" policy.

Can we build it? YES WE CAN!!!

My, how I wish I could photoshop obama's face in here and change that to Obama the builder....

http://www.parteaz.co.uk/cms/files/Bob%20the%20Builder%20icon%20v8.jpg

Bugeater
07-14-2008, 04:18 PM
The McD's down the street from me just recently closed down, I have no idea why it did though.

teedubya
07-14-2008, 04:21 PM
Start learning SEO/SEM marketing strategies. $55+ an hour.

gblowfish
07-14-2008, 04:22 PM
The only time I ever got fired was in 1986 at a radio station in Columbia, MO. I was leaving for my well earned 2 week vacation -the first one I ever had- and on the Friday afternoon when I was leaving to catch my flight in St. Louis, the boss called me into his office at 5pm, very end of the day, and told me my position had been "down sized," so, don't come back, and enjoy the two weeks, and possibly more...off.

At least they gave me three months severance pay.

Simply Red
07-14-2008, 04:40 PM
This might be an opportunity life is giving you to look towards a more lucrative and long term career.

exactly!

chasedude
07-14-2008, 04:49 PM
Ground Round is a poorly run franchise IMO. The one in St Joseph closed down on a Valentine's day a few years back. CLOSED on a VALENTINE'S DAY??? Talk about stupid! They've since reopened and I'm no sure how the business is there, I don't go.

Good luck RustShack!

Pablo
07-14-2008, 04:57 PM
Ground Round is a poorly run franchise IMO. The one in St Joseph closed down on a Valentine's day a few years back. CLOSED on a VALENTINE'S DAY??? Talk about stupid! They've since reopened and I'm no sure how the business is there, I don't go.

Good luck RustShack!It's slow and shitty.

My buddie's girlfriend bartends there part-time. It's an alright restaurant, but it's taken a beating from the North Shoppes. St. Joe is trying to acquire every f*cking chain restaurant in the world I believe.

Boudreaux is by far my favorite restaurant in town. Great variety of cajun food, the chicken fried chicken is awesome, and I had the best steak I've had in many years there. 16 oz. Ribeye cooked to perfection.

Dayze
07-14-2008, 05:09 PM
bummer; though I was once laid off from a place and it was the best thing to happen to me professionally; hindsight of course.

hope you find something soon.

Buehler445
07-14-2008, 05:10 PM
Hey RustShack. Sorry to hear about that. You'll find something else. That's bum news man. Best of luck.

Mosbonian
07-14-2008, 05:21 PM
If you have experience with working in the food business, there is always opportunities with ARAMARK. We have openings in the Food & Beverage Group everywhere all over the country.

Had you been available before you might have been able to go to Beijing to work the Olympics serving food to the athletes.

mmaddog

Jewish Rabbi
07-14-2008, 10:21 PM
The real question here is why wasn't RustShack working as a male hooker? Just bust out your bike and chicks should come running...sex never goes out of business.

evolve27
07-14-2008, 10:30 PM
Good luck in finding a job. It's hard to search and find the right one, but everything happens for a reason.

Frazod
07-14-2008, 10:36 PM
I'm just curious because one of my friends got canned from his job on a Friday right before he was leaving for Vegas, and he says he'd rather have been canned when he got back because he at least would've enjoyed the weekend there. There's really no easy answer for it, that's for sure.

I just remember being pissed about it afterward, when my wife couldn't find a job for six months because the economy went to shit after the attacks.

KCrockaholic
07-14-2008, 10:48 PM
im sorry to hear about this bud....

KcMizzou
07-14-2008, 10:53 PM
Good luck, buddy. Really sorry to hear that.

chasedude
07-15-2008, 07:30 AM
It's slow and shitty.

My buddie's girlfriend bartends there part-time. It's an alright restaurant, but it's taken a beating from the North Shoppes. St. Joe is trying to acquire every f*cking chain restaurant in the world I believe.

Boudreaux is by far my favorite restaurant in town. Great variety of cajun food, the chicken fried chicken is awesome, and I had the best steak I've had in many years there. 16 oz. Ribeye cooked to perfection.

I think St. Joe is trying to hit the more restaurants per capita mark. I love Boudreaux's, it's a nice cajun place always busy. They make some Excellent Jambalaya. I might have to drive in this weekend and eat, been awhile.

Demonpenz
07-15-2008, 07:38 AM
The ground round in st joseph had 2 dollar (1.25) long island ice tea's on thursdays. I had never seen it anywhere else Rolla, Columbia, etc. So imagine Ground round turing into a college party on thursdays. It was always odd to see. Strangely enough there is a guy on this site that was partaking in the action one night, and since the place isn't made to be a freaking dance drunkass place they had these low hanging lights where they go over the table. My friend bonks his head on one the thing swings and hits against the wall and shatteres like a backboard after a slam dunk. The music stops and everyone stops and stares at him.... Good times

Rausch
07-15-2008, 07:45 AM
Good luck in finding a job. It's hard to search and find the right one, but everything happens for a reason.

I have found this to be true.

Instead of taking $50 to get $#itfaced at the bar I now think "what am I supposed to learn from this?"

Oh, and I drop $11,50 on a case of Natural light...:evil:

RustShack
07-15-2008, 05:12 PM
So its July 15, and I still haven't recieved my stimulas check... anyone else in the same boat?

ChiefsFire
07-15-2008, 05:18 PM
The ground round in st joseph had 2 dollar (1.25) long island ice tea's on thursdays. I had never seen it anywhere else Rolla, Columbia, etc. So imagine Ground round turing into a college party on thursdays. It was always odd to see. Strangely enough there is a guy on this site that was partaking in the action one night, and since the place isn't made to be a freaking dance drunkass place they had these low hanging lights where they go over the table. My friend bonks his head on one the thing swings and hits against the wall and shatteres like a backboard after a slam dunk. The music stops and everyone stops and stares at him.... Good times

Ok who?

KcMizzou
07-15-2008, 05:22 PM
So its July 15, and I still haven't recieved my stimulas check... anyone else in the same boat?I just got mine Saturday.

RustShack
07-15-2008, 05:26 PM
I just got mine Saturday.

Mine was supposed to be mailed out the 11th... I figured it would be here by now. I'm probably getting screwed over though and not getting it :(

Midnight_Vulture
07-15-2008, 05:27 PM

Just out of curiousity how old are you? And do you have any kids?

Sorry to hear that man.

KcMizzou
07-15-2008, 05:28 PM
Mine was supposed to be mailed out the 11th... I figured it would be here by now. I'm probably getting screwed over though and not getting it :(As long as you don't owe any back taxes, or skipped filing a tax return when you should have, you should be fine.

Did you get a letter yet telling you it would be coming? I got a letter about a week before the check showed up.

Adept Havelock
07-15-2008, 05:33 PM
Good luck to you. Just remember Persistence will pay off in the job hunt.

RustShack
07-15-2008, 05:34 PM
Just out of curiousity how old are you? And do you have any kids?

Sorry to hear that man.

I'm only 19 with no kids... just college, rent, car, and all the other good shit I need money for.

RustShack
07-15-2008, 05:34 PM
As long as you don't owe any back taxes, or skipped filing a tax return when you should have, you should be fine.

Did you get a letter yet telling you it would be coming? I got a letter about a week before the check showed up.

I got one months ago saying that I qualified for it...

KcMizzou
07-15-2008, 05:36 PM
I got one months ago saying that I qualified for it...Hmmm.. you should be fine, then. Odd that it's taking so long. The bad thing is, according to my letter, you're not even supposed to call and ask about it until 60 days from the date mentioned in the letter.

RustShack
07-15-2008, 07:21 PM
wow thats gay, I should just call anyways since I didn't read that ha

alanm
07-15-2008, 09:24 PM
The McD's down the street from me just recently closed down, I have no idea why it did though.
Can't speak for Micky D's but we had a BK here in town close down because the local owner refused to modernize his restaurant. So if the corporate office says to modernize and you refuse I guess they can pull their license so to speak. :shrug:

alanm
07-15-2008, 09:38 PM
I'm only 19 with no kids... just college, rent, car, and all the other good shit I need money for.
Sad to hear about your misfortune Rust. Keep pounding the pavement with some persistence and you'll bounce back soon enough. Though you shouldn't limit yourself to just restaurant work. See what else is out there to work around your school schedule.
As far as having money for the "other shit" We had a saying back in the day when I was going to school from the Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers which was a head shop comic book it went like....
"Dope will get you thru times of no money better than money will get you thru times of no dope"
Course me and my buddies were quite the stoners back in college. :D

RustShack
07-15-2008, 10:26 PM
Yeah I'm not into drugs, I barely even drink anymore.

QuikSsurfer
07-15-2008, 10:31 PM
Sad to hear about your misfortune Rust. Keep pounding the pavement with some persistence and you'll bounce back soon enough. Though you shouldn't limit yourself to just restaurant work. See what else is out there to work around your school schedule.
As far as having money for the "other shit" We had a saying back in the day when I was going to school from the Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers which was a head shop comic book it went like....
"Dope will get you thru times of no money better than money will get you thru times of no dope"
Course me and my buddies were quite the stoners back in college. :D

haha
:sigh:
so true.

Bugeater
07-15-2008, 10:33 PM
So its July 15, and I still haven't recieved my stimulas check... anyone else in the same boat?
What are the last two numbers of your SSN? I'm a 95 and I got mine last week. It shouldn't be long, there can't be too many left.

Valiant
07-15-2008, 10:35 PM
Hmmm.. you should be fine, then. Odd that it's taking so long. The bad thing is, according to my letter, you're not even supposed to call and ask about it until 60 days from the date mentioned in the letter.

Maybe he has to physically go in first to start the process?? I had to do that..

Valiant
07-15-2008, 10:36 PM
Oh you are talking stimulus checks no unemployment checks...

RustShack
07-15-2008, 11:19 PM
What are the last two numbers of your SSN? I'm a 95 and I got mine last week. It shouldn't be long, there can't be too many left.

RustShack
07-15-2008, 11:21 PM
Oh if anyone happens to know of a good high paying job that I could some how get, hook a brother up!

KcMizzou
07-15-2008, 11:21 PM
What are the last two numbers of your SSN? I'm a 95 and I got mine last week. It shouldn't be long, there can't be too many left.I was 97... got mine Saturday.

KcMizzou
07-15-2008, 11:22 PM
Oh you are talking stimulus checks no unemployment checks...Yeah, stimulus.

Bugeater
07-15-2008, 11:23 PM

Oh shit. You should've received it by now then.

RustShack
07-15-2008, 11:24 PM
Oh shit. You should've received it by now then.

Yeah... thats what I was thinking :(

Jenson71
07-16-2008, 12:10 AM
Oh if anyone happens to know of a good high paying job that I could some how get, hook a brother up!

Detasseling

Skip Towne
07-16-2008, 07:04 AM
Detasseling

Hauling hay

Fairplay
07-16-2008, 07:43 AM
Yeah I'm not into drugs, I barely even drink anymore.

There's your problem! j/k

TrebMaxx
07-16-2008, 07:49 AM

The military is always looking for new employees.

blueballs
07-16-2008, 08:39 AM
the economy ain't that bad
paul hackett found work

Al Czervik
07-16-2008, 10:36 AM
Rust,

Check here to see the status of your check....

https://sa2.www4.irs.gov/irfof/IRServlet?app=IRACTC

Sorry to hear about the loss....Keep your head up...It will work out.

Extra Point
07-16-2008, 10:38 AM
Good luck, RustShack!

Jewish Rabbi
07-16-2008, 10:46 AM
Yeah Rusty, I don't think you get the stimulus check because you were eligible to be claimed as a dependant by your parents last year, whether they claimed you or not.

RustShack
07-16-2008, 12:23 PM
Yeah Rusty, I don't think you get the stimulus check because you were eligible to be claimed as a dependant by your parents last year, whether they claimed you or not.

Yeah your right... I've been kind of spending money becasue I expected to get that. I'm ****ed now.

RustShack
07-16-2008, 01:46 PM
Well I just got back from picking up applications. I got one from The Olive Garden, Applebees, and The Lone Star Steak House. Probably wont be the only ones I get, becasue I'm not 100% if I want to keep cooking... but thats the first wave.

RNR
07-16-2008, 01:55 PM
Well I just got back from picking up applications. I got one from The Olive Garden, Applebees, and The Lone Star Steak House. Probably wont be the only ones I get, becasue I'm not 100% if I want to keep cooking... but thats the first wave.

How old are you?

Skip Towne
07-16-2008, 02:20 PM

Are you just looking for part time work while you go to school? If not I'd look into other lines of work.

Midnight_Vulture
07-16-2008, 02:41 PM
How old are you?

He is 19.

Good luck finding a job. BUT stay in college for sure. Then you can get a really good job like I got and you wont have to cook crap anymore.

El Jefe
07-16-2008, 02:59 PM
He is 19.

Good luck finding a job. BUT stay in college for sure. Then you can get a really good job like I got and you wont have to cook crap anymore.

Yeah you can be like Midnight_Vulture, riding on 2 wheels and pulling all the hot chicks you could ever need, and making more money than you could ever spend. Oh maybe one day I can be half of what Midnight is :rolleyes:

RNR
07-16-2008, 03:04 PM
He is 19.

I was going to ask if he was in school. And that is very good advice.

RustShack
07-16-2008, 03:23 PM
Yeah I only need a part time job for now to pay the bills while I'm in school. I've been kinda spending a lot of my money here lately because I had a job and was expecting a stimulas check soon. Then a couple days ago I find out I lost my job and today I found out my mom claimed me so I don't get a check either. Greeeaaaat week.

Pablo
07-16-2008, 04:12 PM
Yeah I only need a part time job for now to pay the bills while I'm in school. I've been kinda spending a lot of my money here lately because I had a job and was expecting a stimulas check soon. Then a couple days ago I find out I lost my job and today I found out my mom claimed me so I don't get a check either. Greeeaaaat week.You should really look into getting a job at a local FedEx or UPS hub.

You'll probably work a bit harder at UPS, but either place would be great for part time, with a set schedule, great benefits, great pay for part-time work, and tuition reimbursement .

I'm working part-time at an Airport hub and making almost $13 an hour. At trucking hubs I'm pretty sure $9-10 an hour is standard. And you'll probably only work 15-25(max) hours a week.

RustShack
07-19-2008, 01:49 PM
Well I'm going to Mayhemfest Tuesday, then when I get back Wednesday I have an orientation at the Lone Star Steak House! The guy who interviewed me today was the Ground Rounds kitchen manager until right before I got hired, and he told me hes going to try to bring in someone else from the Ground Round too, lucky for me its one of the guys I liked working with the most! I talked to him today too, and he still doesn't have a job so he said hes going to go get his application today!

Rain Man
07-19-2008, 01:53 PM
Let me be the first to congratulate you.

RustShack
07-19-2008, 02:01 PM
Thank you!

Skip Towne
07-19-2008, 02:06 PM
That's great you got a job so quickly.

RustShack
07-19-2008, 02:36 PM
Yeah I actually put the application in yesterday, and they called me literally 5 min. after I left. haha

Bwana
07-19-2008, 03:17 PM
Well played, good for you.

Buehler445
07-19-2008, 08:30 PM
Congrats Rust.