PDA

View Full Version : Football FOX SPorts Farve Update

cardken
07-15-2008, 04:03 PM
by FOXSports.com

Updated: July 15, 2008, 4:27 PM EST 22 comments add this RSS blog email print Brett Favre has a message for the Green Bay Packers front office: Forget about No. 4 holding a clipboard at Lambeau Field any time soon.

According to exclusive excerpts from part two of Favre's televised interview with Fox News' Greta Van Susteren, Favre has little desire to return to Green Bay as a backup and acknowledges that his active days as a Packer player may be over.

"They had been preaching about, 'We want to protect Brett's legacy' ... How does that protect my legacy if I'm a backup?" Favre said. "If I'm, you know, 'Brett, we'll welcome you back, we'll pay you $12 million, but you've got to hold the clipboard and ball cap?' That's probably better for them as opposed to letting me go somewhere and me coming back.

"Then their legacy, the management ... could be in jeopardy. Let me worry about that, you know? You don't worry about my legacy. And you know, it's a bunch of bull."

When asked if the Packers' offer of a backup role was unacceptable to him, Favre replied, "I think so."

Favre also offered some consolation to the man in the middle, fourth-year QB Aaron Rodgers — who has waited three seasons on the sidelines holding that clipboard that Favre disdains.

"You know, the one thing in this, I do feel bad for Aaron a little bit," Favre said. "I think he'll do a fine job, to be totally honest with you, I do. He has been injured. I mean, the two injuries are not his fault ... I know this has been tough on him. I think he'll do a fine job. And this has nothing to do with him, this whole deal."

With the Packers less than two weeks away from the start of training camp on July 27, Favre realizes the spectacle of his possible return could prove a distraction to a team with Super Bowl aspirations.

"It's tempting just to — as everyone said, you know, call their bluff or whatever," said Favre. "I think it's going to be a circus in itself already ... I have talked to numerous guys throughout this whole ordeal. I wish them the best, I really do. I hold nothing against those guys ... I don't want to make it any worse than it is.

"I've always been a Packer, always will be a Packer. Will I play somewhere else? Remains to be seen."

Part two of Favre's exclusive interview with Van Susteren airs on Tuesday's On the Record at 10 p.m. ET on Fox News.

What to make of it!

alpha_omega
07-15-2008, 04:04 PM
I am really getting tired of this story...i wish Favre would just go away.

Deberg_1990
07-15-2008, 04:09 PM
i wish Favre would just go away.

I dont get why people want him to go away? Hes not washed up. This isnt Dan Marino or Troy Aikman their last year or two.

aturnis
07-15-2008, 04:09 PM
I like Favre, hope him the best. Think GB should do him the solid of letting him come back.

I do wonder though, how this is Chiefs news...

Mecca
07-15-2008, 04:13 PM
I dont get why people want him to go away? Hes not washed up. This isnt Dan Marino or Troy Aikman their last year or two.

Somehow when someone who is a HOF player gets alot of attention in a big NFL story during the offseason, people here always find it "annoying" maybe we should just not discuss any football stories during the offseason.

Bugeater
07-15-2008, 04:14 PM
I think people are tired of him being a drama queen every offseason more than anything else. I know I am.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-15-2008, 04:23 PM
Even if he is washed up, who gives a shit? Here's an idea, if you're tired of hearing about Favor, quit reading the stories. He's the last real gunslinger in the NFL and I for one am excited about watching him play this year, for whoever. It's not like the Chiefs are gonna do shit.

chiefqueen
07-15-2008, 06:31 PM
With Israel & Iran getting ready to lob nukes at each other & oil hitting $150/barrel any day now, I'm glad to see FOX News has its priorities straight.

Frazod
07-15-2008, 06:35 PM
I think people are tired of him being a drama queen every offseason more than anything else. I know I am.

BINGO.

If he wanted to play, he shouldn't have quit. The End.

kstater
07-15-2008, 06:37 PM
"They had been preaching about, 'We want to protect Brett's legacy' ... How does that protect my legacy if I'm a backup?" Favre said. "If I'm, you know, 'Brett, we'll welcome you back, we'll pay you $12 million, but you've got to hold the clipboard and ball cap?' That's probably better for them as opposed to letting me go somewhere and me coming back.

Maybe you shouldn't have ****ing retired and the organization moved on then whoops, I want to play again.

DaKCMan AP
07-15-2008, 06:37 PM
Who's Farve? :shrug:

Tribal Warfare
07-15-2008, 07:21 PM
LINK?

kstater
07-15-2008, 07:29 PM
Uhh, Foxsports.com? :shrug:

Frazod
07-15-2008, 07:30 PM
LINK?

:)

Tribal Warfare
07-15-2008, 07:30 PM
Uhh, Foxsports.com? :shrug:

can't find it on the website

kstater
07-15-2008, 07:35 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8343608/Favre-to-Pack:-'Don't-worry-about-my-legacy'

alpha_omega
07-15-2008, 08:24 PM
I dont get why people want him to go away? Hes not washed up....

IMO, it just seems like he has been stringing out the Packers and the fans for a while now.

For me the bottom line is: If he thought he might want to play...then he shouldn't have quit.

DaFace
07-15-2008, 08:32 PM

That's pretty much it for me. I am all for him coming back if he feels the need, but I don't think he has the leverage to be trying to push the organization around. They don't really want to pay him 12m to be a backup - that's just stupid. They just want bargaining power for a trade.

Given the situation, I think he needs to work with them to find an acceptable situation while helping the Packers organization rather than asking for an unconditional release. He owes it to them just as much as they owe it to him.

1ChiefsDan
07-15-2008, 08:36 PM
Favre just sounds like a whiny biaatch
STFU

beach tribe
07-15-2008, 08:44 PM
Now we all know why the Packers wish would just go away.

He's worse than TO when comes to a media frenzy.

Somebody says he's gonna play for another team, and some of the idiots around here actually think he's gonna play for us..............and some think it's a good idea.:shake:

Good lord.

cdcox
07-15-2008, 09:03 PM
It's the 1994 off season and Joe Montana has just retired after taking the Chiefs to the '93 conference championship. There is a real sense of lost opportunity hovering around the franchise. There are many good players, but Joe was the superstar that brought the team to the elite level. He can still play. If he decides he wants to come back in the middel of July, I think Steve F'n Bono can hold the damn clipboard for another year or two or forever or go wherever he wants and I'm 100% good with that. Joe can do what ever the hell he wants and every day I get to see him play I count as a blessing.

GEEZ!

beach tribe
07-15-2008, 09:04 PM
It's the 1994 off season and Joe Montana has just retired after taking the Chiefs to the '93 conference championship. There is a real sense of lost opportunity hovering around the franchise. There are many good players, but Joe was the superstar that brought the team to the elite level. He can still play. If he decides he wants to come back in the middel of July, I think Steve F'n Bono can hold the damn clipboard for another year or two or forever or go wherever he wants and I'm 100% good with that. Joe can do what ever the hell he wants and every day I get to see him play I count as a blessing.

GEEZ!

Joe's got four rings. Brett's got one.

cdcox
07-15-2008, 09:07 PM
Joe's got four rings. Brett's got one.

Joe played with a couple - three hall of famers. Favre, not so much.

Subterranean Alien
07-16-2008, 02:22 AM
This story is still better than Michael Vick ...

beach tribe
07-16-2008, 05:36 AM
Joe played with a couple - three hall of famers. Favre, not so much.

Well there sure as shit aren't any hall of famers on this team.

cadmonkey
07-16-2008, 06:03 AM

because we are tired of the media circus he causes, and yes HE causes it. The way he has made it impossible for Green Bay to know what to do in the off season each year, because he feels like he wants to think over if he wants to retire or come back, has gotten old.

blueballs
07-16-2008, 04:39 PM
Favre may actually help the Packers out in the long
if they can get a 3rd rounder for him
Trent helped the Chiefs in the long run -bump up for Albert