PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports Official MMA Thread: Affliction BANNED! UFN Live! SATURDAY! SATURDAY! SATURDAY!

TrickyNicky
07-16-2008, 11:21 AM
UPDATED 8/8/08

UFC 87: AUGUST 9, 2008 IN MINNEAPOLIS
venue: Target Center in Minneapolis, Minnesota

Main Card Bouts:
-Georges St. Pierre (#1 Welterweight in the World)* vs. Jon Fitch (#2 Welterweight in the World)*
-Kenny Florian vs. Roger Huerta
-Brock Lesnar vs. Heath Herring
-Demian Maia vs. Jason MacDonald
-Manny Gamburyan vs. Rob Emerson

Preliminary Bouts:
-Cheick Kongo vs. Dan Evensen
-Andre Gusmao vs. Jon Jones
-Steve Bruno vs. Chris Wilson
-Tamdan McCrory vs. Luke Cummo
-Ben Saunders vs. Ryan Thomas

Main card airs in the United States on pay-per-view for $44.95

info taken from http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/rumors.asp?articleid=5814&zoneid=14

TrickyNicky
07-16-2008, 11:22 AM
So, will Affliction be a success?

I personally think its going to be a great card but won't have big buy numbers, at least by UFC standards.

CoMoChief
07-16-2008, 12:09 PM
Fedor is a ****in badass.

Poor, James Irvin, I feel sorry for him. He will be destroyed.

El Jefe
07-16-2008, 01:07 PM
So, will Affliction be a success?

I personally think its going to be a great card but won't have big buy numbers, at least by UFC standards.

IMO, anyone who even remotely watches MMA will choose to watch the Affliction card over the UFC card. Only reason I can see people not watching the Affliction card is because it's not free. The card is freaking stacked. It has both Emelianenko's, Noguiera, Babalu, and finally we get to see Arvloski again. FTR Silvia will get destroyed, Fedor is the best heavyweight in the world bar none, best fighter in the world IMO.

KcMizzou
07-16-2008, 01:15 PM

This picture cracked me up. You'd never know just how much of a badass by looking at him.

El Jefe
07-16-2008, 01:21 PM

I was hoping they would put him up against someone really good, or just more of a test than James Irvin. Put him up against Chuck Lidell or Wandy, or maybe Rampage (obviously he just lost), Dana wants to protect his golden boy, Silva wont last in the 205 division. You think in the 205 you have: Wandy, Forrest,Chuck, Rampage, Bisping, Rashad Evans, Shogun, Machida, there are tons of great fighters in 205. Im pretty sure Bisping is 205 but not positive.

El Jefe
07-16-2008, 01:23 PM
This picture cracked me up. You'd never know just how much of a badass by looking at him.

I loved when Fedor beat Hong Man Choi in Pride, talk about a size difference. One of the best fights I ever saw of Fedor was when he fought Cro Cop, talk about a war.

El Jefe
07-16-2008, 01:26 PM
Oh, I wan't to watch the Mark Hunt vs Jerome Labanner fight. Fedor beat hunt with an kamura.

BigVE
07-16-2008, 01:55 PM
Huh, I didn't realize Jesse Taylor was reinstated or hired by the UFC after his little fiasco on TUF. Cool though, that's what the finally should have been IMO, all props to Amir though.

I agree that the Affliction card is very stacked but I'm sticking with the freebie.

ArrowheadHawk
07-16-2008, 01:56 PM
I was hoping they would put him up against someone really good, or just more of a test than James Irvin. Put him up against Chuck Lidell or Wandy, or maybe Rampage (obviously he just lost), Dana wants to protect his golden boy, Silva wont last in the 205 division. You think in the 205 you have: Wandy, Forrest,Chuck, Rampage, Bisping, Rashad Evans, Shogun, Machida, there are tons of great fighters in 205. Im pretty sure Bisping is 205 but not positive.
Bisping dropped down to 185.

El Jefe
07-16-2008, 02:37 PM
Bisping dropped down to 185.

I thought I had heard that....Thanks.

KcMizzou
07-16-2008, 04:26 PM
Bisping dropped down to 185.And looks like a much better fighter for having done it...

I'm really looking forward to that Bisping / Leben fight.

KcMizzou
07-16-2008, 06:05 PM
Pretty classy comments by Chuck.

The Iceman Commenteth -- Liddell Shocked

Posted Jul 16th 2008 4:15PM by TMZ Staff

Rampage Jackson's UFC rival and close personal friend Chuck "The Iceman" Liddell has finally broken his silence on yesterday's craziness, telling TheDirty.com:

"I know Rampage in and out of the ring. He is a great showman in the ring and a smart level-leaded businessman outside of it. I am shocked over this. It's really out of character for him. I don't know all the details on what happened, but I just hope everyone involved is ok."

Rampage famously knocked out Liddell to win the UFC light heavyweight title last year. Jackson just lost that title on July 5th to Forrest Griffin in Las Vegas. When contacted by TMZ, Griffin had no comment on Rampage's arrest.

Sfeihc
07-16-2008, 08:23 PM
I've never seen Fedor or his bro fight except on the Pride specials reruns on FoxSports Net. I've seen Tim Slyvia fight a few times in the UFC. Could some of the more experienced MMA fans breakdown Fedor vs. Tim and will Irvin catch Silva and KO him?

BigVE
07-16-2008, 08:31 PM
Fedor will KO Tim very quickly IMO....BUT with guys this skilled anything could happen. Tim is no slouch and his size will be a factor but in the end I just think Fedor is THAT darn good. Silva, IMO, will not be challenged in this fight.

KcMizzou
07-16-2008, 08:38 PM
Fedor will KO Tim very quickly IMO....BUT with guys this skilled anything could happen. Tim is no slouch and his size will be a factor but in the end I just think Fedor is THAT darn good. Silva, IMO, will not be challenged in this fight.I'll be honest, as a bit of an MMA noob myself, I don't know a ton about Fedor. Mainly I know him by his reputation.

I also know that he hasn't fought top-notch competition in a long time, and I think Big Timmay's pretty underrated.

If I had to guess, I'd go with Fedor... but I do think it has a chance to be a great fight.

As for Silva/Irvin. I expect Silva to dominate, but Irvin does have great power. He sure stopped all the Houston Alexander hype quickly. (What was it? 8 seconds?)

With that kind of power, that's where the "punchers chance" is a real factor.

BigVE
07-16-2008, 08:41 PM
I'll be honest, as a bit of an MMA noob myself, I don't know a ton about Fedor. Mainly I know him by his reputation.

I also know that he hasn't fought top-notch competition in a long time, and I think Big Timmay's pretty underrated.

If I had to guess, I'd go with Fedor... but I do think it has a chance to be a great fight.

As for Silva/Irvin. I expect Silva to dominate, but Irvin does have great power. He sure stopped all the Houston Alexander hype quickly. (What was it? 8 seconds?)

No doubt about it, all the guys are skilled and powerful enough to KO each other in an instant. Go to youtube and check out Fedor's fights, he has several on there. Fedor is so dangerous because he has the ultimate mix of stand up and ground game...he can KO you or if you take it to the ground he has an arsenal of submission moves too. Too bad we never got to see him fight in the UFC...yet.

KcMizzou
07-16-2008, 08:44 PM
I'm excited to see Anthony "Rumble" Johnson fight again too.

KcMizzou
07-16-2008, 08:45 PM
Rep for the official MMA thread, Tricky. We've needed one of these for a while.

TrickyNicky
07-16-2008, 10:15 PM
I'm guessing a slow round 1 as Fedor is hesitant to fully engage with Timmay. Round 2, the action picks up as Fedor gets active with an aggressive clinch and a trip to get into Timmay's half-guard. Hellfire and Brimstone, his fists, then unleash the apocalypse for a TKO/Ref Stoppage.

I'm a little worried Fedor's going to get sloppy and get caught doing the fish dance like he did against Fujita. But then again, he recovered and choked the guy purple.

Dallas Chief
07-16-2008, 10:44 PM
Did anyone see the Fedor/Linland fight, I guess it was about 18 months ago? Linland opened a nasty cut on Fedor and was about ready to take him to the ground and that cheatin' bastage Fedor kept grabbing the top rope to steady himself. I thought it was a pretty punk a$$ move myself. Fedor went on to submit Linland. I guess the ref let it slide because the fight was held in Russia, IIRC. Maybe a Bodog Event??? Anyway, I thought he was known more for his submissions than his knockout power? I'd like to see Sylvia crush him and put all this Fedor business to rest, but in the end I think Fedor will probably submit him.

KcMizzou
07-17-2008, 09:39 AM
Man, I hope this isn't true. Guy's lost his mind if so...

Round 2 -- Cops Nab "Rampage" Again

Posted Jul 17th 2008 10:44AM by TMZ Staff

Quinton "Rampage" Jackson has been picked up by police again.

Sources say last night an Irvine police car was waved down by people near the place Rampage was staying who said he was acting weird. This, of course, following the insane chase the day before in which the UFC fighter hit several cars in his monster truck and was arrested at gunpoint.

We're told Irvine cops saw Rampage, deemed him a danger to himself and others, and took him to a hospital for observation.

Cops won't officially confirm if it's a psychiatric hold.
http://www.tmz.com/2008/07/17/round-2-cops-nab-rampage-again/

El Jefe
07-17-2008, 10:23 AM
I'll be honest, as a bit of an MMA noob myself, I don't know a ton about Fedor. Mainly I know him by his reputation.

He just beat Matt Lindland last year, in a BoDog tournament. Fedor has beat the whose of who in MMA. Remember he beat anyone and everyone in Pride and when Pride first started they only had a heavyweight divison. So they took pride in their crop of heavyweights. Fedor has beat: Nogueira, Cro Cop, Heath Herring, Kevin Radleman, Mark Coleman, Mark Hunt, Hong Man Choi, Sammy Schilt, and that's just some I remember off the top of my head. Tim is going to get destroyed IMO, but like many have said anything is possible.

El Jefe
07-17-2008, 10:30 AM
Did anyone see the Fedor/Linland fight, I guess it was about 18 months ago? Linland opened a nasty cut on Fedor and was about ready to take him to the ground and that cheatin' bastage Fedor kept grabbing the top rope to steady himself. I thought it was a pretty punk a$$ move myself. Fedor went on to submit Linland. I guess the ref let it slide because the fight was held in Russia, IIRC. Maybe a Bodog Event??? Anyway, I thought he was known more for his submissions than his knockout power? I'd like to see Sylvia crush him and put all this Fedor business to rest, but in the end I think Fedor will probably submit him.

Wow, I just referenced this fight in my post, I didn't read the whole thread oh well. Bull crap on Fedor grabbing the rope, and Lindland ended up getting him down, Fedor beat him even with a giant cut gushing blood on his eye. Yes the fight was in Russia and was Bodog. Why all the hate for Fedor? This guy is a class act, doesn't taunt people, doesn't talk trash, a very undersized fighter in the heavyweight division, fights with pure heart. I know some people don't like him because he is from Russia, but that's their problem. FTR I don't overly like him, I just like MMA a lot and he is a master, of every aspect, G&P, awesome in submissions, has knockout power, knows how to use the ring. He is a master of the art of Sambo also, very very interesting guy IMO, started to fight only because he needed money, grew up as a practicioner of Sambo (Russian Wrestling pretty much), then moved to MMA.

Dallas Chief
07-17-2008, 11:00 AM
Wow, I just referenced this fight in my post, I didn't read the whole thread oh well. Bull crap on Fedor grabbing the rope, and Lindland ended up getting him down, Fedor beat him even with a giant cut gushing blood on his eye. Yes the fight was in Russia and was Bodog. Why all the hate for Fedor? This guy is a class act, doesn't taunt people, doesn't talk trash, a very undersized fighter in the heavyweight division, fights with pure heart. I know some people don't like him because he is from Russia, but that's their problem. FTR I don't overly like him, I just like MMA a lot and he is a master, of every aspect, G&P, awesome in submissions, has knockout power, knows how to use the ring. He is a master of the art of Sambo also, very very interesting guy IMO, started to fight only because he needed money, grew up as a practicioner of Sambo (Russian Wrestling pretty much), then moved to MMA.

Don't get me wrong, I have mad respect for Fedor and his MMA skills and am actually somewhat of a fan. I was just calling it like I see it. It wasn't as bad as i remembered it. What do you think???

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7bpeZOGYMTQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7bpeZOGYMTQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

El Jefe
07-17-2008, 11:09 AM
I have seen the fight before, no infraction IMO.

TrickyNicky
07-17-2008, 02:06 PM
Yikes. That's going to be hard to come back from for Rampage. It went from funny and sad, to just really sad. Hope he isn't trying to hurt himself, but it definitely is important to make sure he doesn't violently lash out at others at this point.

KcMizzou
07-17-2008, 02:11 PM
Yikes. That's going to be hard to come back from for Rampage. It went from funny and sad, to just really sad. Hope he isn't trying to hurt himself, but it definitely is important to make sure he doesn't violently lash out at others at this point.The latest is that the cops don't think drugs or alcohol are involved.

That really makes you wonder. Nervous breakdown? Diabetic episode? Ambien? Hell, who knows. Bad deal, in any case.

Simply Red
07-17-2008, 02:13 PM

He is though, losing his burst. Nadal beat him in this yrs. Wimbledon.

TrickyNicky
07-17-2008, 02:18 PM
The latest is that the cops don't think drugs or alcohol are involved.

That really makes you wonder. Nervous breakdown? Diabetic episode? Ambien? Hell, who knows. Bad deal, in any case.

It sounded like the first incident was a Fugue type of breakdown where he probably hadn't slept in a few days, got in a wreck, and just snapped. Then when they caught him, he gave up quietly like he was coming back to his senses. At least thats what one semester of Psych has me thinking :doh!:

KcMizzou
07-17-2008, 04:22 PM
ESPN MMA Live Episode 10

<object width="440" height="361">
<param name="movie" value="http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/player.swf?mediaId=3493475"/>
<param name="wmode" value="transparent"/>
<param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"/>
<embed src="http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/player.swf?mediaId=3493475" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" allowScriptAccess="always" width="440" height="361"></embed>
</object>

KcMizzou
07-17-2008, 07:21 PM
Rampage's last interview before the arrest. Doesn't seem right at all.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CXl8rJtmsjc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CXl8rJtmsjc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

And then there's this... Sounds like a wild-ass rumor, but he sure was heavy on the religion in that interview.

Earlier today, we scratched out heads over Dana White’s strange take on the Quinton Jackson situation, particularly the line:

“Last night when he got out, Rampage is very religious…yeah I’m dealing with it.”

WTF could that possibly mean, right? Well, according to CagePotato’s anonymous insider, it could mean something really freakin’ bad. Our source now tells us the following:

Rampage thinks he’s God…He had a falling out with his trainer a couple of days before the first arrest. Basically he has lost his mind and is talking very religious and is saying that he is God. This is the main thing I wanted to keep hidden, but with the second arrest and Dana talking it will come out regardless. He needs some serious help. I don’t know if you would call it schizophrenia or bipolar disorder or what have you, but whatever it is, basically it’s become impossible to have a conversation with him. He is delusional.

Again, this is second-hand information, and the only way to make a real judgment is to have an actual conversation with Jackson himself. But the chatter is not good.

Sort of related: As of now, Toyo Tires has no official comment on the status of Rampage’s sponsorship with the company, and doesn’t plan to make one any time soon.

http://www.cagepotato.com/2008/07/17/just-how-troubled-is-rampage-pt-2/

TrickyNicky
07-17-2008, 07:28 PM
Wow. Now I can see why his friends called the cops with concerns about his well-being. This is just getting weirder. Hopefully, this doesn't end in tragedy.

TrickyNicky
07-17-2008, 07:52 PM
Arlovski Interview:

[Concerning Tim dating Andrei's ex-gf]
Arlovski: "Hey Tim, how tastes my peepee?"

http://mmarated.com/users/video/163/615.html

Hahahahaha

KcMizzou
07-17-2008, 08:03 PM
Arlovski Interview:

HahahahahaLMAOLMAOLMAO

I had to watch to whole interview to see if he actually said that. Hilarious. War Arlovski.

KcMizzou
07-17-2008, 08:27 PM
Good news on the Affliction front... Competition's always good for the fans. :D

Affliction ups the ante: all fights shown between FSN/PPV

ANAHEIM, CALIF. -- In Saturday's upcoming battle of counter-programming with the UFC, Affliction has again raised the stakes with its debut "Banned" card.

Affliction Vice President Tom Atencio today said that Saturday night's pay-per-view broadcast will run a full four hours and will feature eight bouts. Additionally, FSN will air three bouts, rather than the previously reported two fights.

In other words, between FSN and PPV, the entire "Banned" fight card will be televised.

Saturday's event features a headline bout between longtime PRIDE heavyweight champion Fedor Emelianenko and former UFC heavyweight title-holder Tim Sylvia. Other notables such as Josh Barnett, Andrei Arlovski, Ben Rothwell, Matt Lindland, Renato "Babalu" Sobral, Vitor Belfort and Aleksander Emelianenko have formed what many are calling the greatest fight card in MMA history.

"Banned" was previously set to feature two fights on FSN and five fights on PPV. Four preliminary fights were expected to go un-televised.

However, Atencio said that will not be the case.

"Every fight except the three that are going to be on [FSN] will be on pay-per-view," Atencio said.

"Affliction: Banned" takes place Saturday at the Honda Center in Anaheim, Calif. The FSN broadcast begins at 8 p.m. ET (5 p.m. PT), and the PPV portion kicks off at 9 p.m. ET (6 p.m. PT).

The event goes head-to-head with UFC Fight Night 14, which airs the same night on Spike TV. Affliction faces some stiff competition. The UFC is putting one of its biggest stars and arguably the world's top pound-for-pound fighters on free basic cable television as UFC middleweight champion meets James Irvin in a non-title light-heavyweight bout. Brandon Vera, Hermes Franca, Frankie Edgar and other notables are also in action.

Atencio has continually stated that he's "flattered" by the UFC's decision to counter-program and that it only proves that UFC President Dana White considers Affliction a legitimate threat.

The full "Banned" card now includes:

MAIN CARD (PPV)

* Fedor Emelianenko vs. Tim Sylvia
* Andrei Arlovski vs. Ben Rothwell
* Josh Barnett vs. Pedro Rizzo
* Renato "Babalu" Sobral vs. Mike Whitehead
* Matt Lindland vs. Fabio Nascimento
* Edwin Dewees vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira
* J.J. Ambrose vs. Mike Pyle
* Ray Lazama vs. Justin Levens (swing bout)

PRELIMINARY CARD (FSN)

* Paul Buentello vs. Aleksander Emelianenko
* Vitor Belfort vs. Terry Martin
* Mark Hominick vs. Savant Young

http://mmajunkie.com/news/4828/exclusive-affliction-to-broadcast-entire-banned-fight-card.mma

KcMizzou
07-17-2008, 08:43 PM
More Rampage stuff.

I know a lot of people don't like Dana, but I'll be damned if I wouldn't want him on my side when everything went to shit.

White supports troubled Rampage

By Dan Duggan | Thursday, July 17, 2008 |

Dana White didn’t offer much information about the bizarre events surrounding UFC superstar Quinton “Rampage” Jackson yesterday, but the UFC president was quick to offer his support - firsthand - for the light heavyweight.

After Jackson was arrested Tuesday in Costa Mesa, Calif., and booked on a felony charge of evading arrest, and misdemeanor charges of hit-and-run and reckless driving following a chase with police, White said he was on a plane within “17 minutes” and actually beat Jackson to the Orange County Jail. Jackson was eventually released on $25,000 bail, and has a court date set for Aug. 15.

Then, yesterday, NBCSports.com reported that the former champ was hospitalized Wednesday for a mental health evaluation after friends were concerned by his “unusual behavior.”

Though White did not elaborate on Jackson’s condition, he did throw a load of support behind the fighter.

“When you’re in the UFC you’re part of this family and we really do care about most of the guys in this organization,” White told the Herald Wednesday night in his first public comments since Jackson’s arrest. “I’m not going to tell you I love every guy in here that fights for me, but most of these guys that fight for us, I truly do care about these guys inside and outside the Octagon. When bad (expletive) happens, you better believe I’m showing up.”

Tuesday afternoon, Jackson was allegedly observed weaving his pickup truck in and out of traffic with a flat tire and refused to pull over when police attempted a traffic stop. During the ensuing chase, Jackson drove onto the sidewalk causing pedestrians to flee, ran numerous red lights and collided with a car in an intersection before surrendering to police without incident. No injuries were reported in the chase that began around 1 p.m. and lasted a few minutes. According to reports, there was no evidence that Jackson, who lost the light heavyweight title July 5 to Forrest Griffin, was under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

“We’re in a legal situation right now and we really can’t talk about it yet. I can tell you this, I’ve known Rampage for a long time and he’s a (expletive) great guy,” White said. “I like him personally as a friend. I respect and love him as a fighter. It’s a tough situation. It made no sense to me. I didn’t understand it until I got out there yesterday. It makes more sense to me now and I understand it more and we’re going to get it figured it out.”

Irvine, Calif. police Lt. Rick Handfield told NBCSports.com that Jackson was not being charged with any crimes in Wednesday’s incident, and that it was considered a “mental health detainment.”

White declined to get into specifics about Jackson’s state of mind, citing both legal issues and his friendship with Jackson.

“We’re going to take care of him,” White said. “We’re going to do what we can do to help him through this.”

Best boss ever.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/other_sports/ultimate_fighting/view/2008_07_17_White_supports_troubled_Rampage/srvc=sports&position=recent

TrickyNicky
07-17-2008, 11:18 PM
Vitor is fighting at 185. Its the return of the new old-vitor. You know, the one where he beat people.

El Jefe
07-18-2008, 09:18 AM
Vitor is fighting at 185. Its the return of the new old-vitor. You know, the one where he beat people.

LMAO

TrickyNicky
07-18-2008, 10:17 PM
"The Aleksander Emelianenko vs. Paul Buentello fight was canceled after Emelianenko failed to meet his licensing requirements."

source: http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=6696&zoneid=13

Too bad. But I guess Gary Goodridge is rumored to be stepping in for Aleks against Buenotello. Good for him.

KcMizzou
07-18-2008, 10:41 PM
I guess Time Warner subscribers in KC won't get to see the the Affliction Live fights on FSN before the PPV. My guide say they'll be showing the Royals.

I plan to buy Affliction, then catch the UFC on the 2nd showing starting at 11pm.

Affliction doesn't end till 12, but I can flip back and forth for an hour. Hell, If I get ambitious, I might drag a second TV into the livingroom.

doomy3
07-18-2008, 11:16 PM
I'm definitely buying the Affliction card

TrickyNicky
07-19-2008, 12:30 AM
I'm buying it and recording UFN. I think competition is ultimately good for everyone.

KcMizzou
07-19-2008, 09:47 AM
White breaks silence on Quinton Jackson

By Steve Cofield

We finally tracked down UFC President Dana White for an update on Rampage Jackson's condition. There's still much that is unknown and doctors are far from an official diagnosis. White told Yahoo! Sports that Jackson was initially going to stay in care for 72-hours but that has now been extended.

"I think it's going to be a while before we get him back. I'm talking as a friend. It's a sensitive issue. Rampage, the UFC fighter, who cares about that. We're concerned about Rampage, the human being. What matters is his personal life."

White also talked about some strange circumstances that led up to Jackson's episode on Tuesday.

"He was up for four days and he was doing some crazy fasting thing. He was up for four days, drinking water and energy drinks, that was it. It's not good.

White said he knew as soon as he arrived in Southern California on Tuesday night that something was seriously wrong with Jackson.

"Rampage doesn't do drugs. Rampage really doesn't even drink. This whole thing made no sense to me. (Then) when I got there it made a lot of sense."

It sounds like the stress of stardom took it's toll on Jackson before and after the Forrest Griffin fight.

"As this thing continues to grow and people will get more famous," said White. "Fame isn't easy to deal with. Harder for all the fighter are all the cling-ons. I can't police every fighter. As soon as something goes wrong I'm there and I'll help them."

This will serve as a test case, much like the Chuck Liddell ordeal in 2007. Liddell appeared on a Dallas television morning show and appeared to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Liddell was dozing off on live television. It turned out that Liddell's handlers allowed him to appear on television under the influence of a sleeping aid Lunesta and the cold medicine Nyquil.

It's becoming more obvious UFC needs to educate its fighters and their management teams on crisis management. Other sports have huge support staffs to help their athletes with the media and life management. It doesn't always work as exhibited by the 60+ run-ins with police this off-season amongst NFL players. It certainly couldn't hurt UFC fighters. There are simply too many opportunities now for fighters to get overwhelmed by fame and money.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/mma_experts/post/White-breaks-silence-on-Quinton-Jackson?urn=mma,94745

Rausch
07-19-2008, 10:59 AM
Arlovski Interview:

Hahahahaha

NICE! ROFL

KcMizzou
07-19-2008, 11:07 AM
Man, I'm impatient. This feels a little like Super Bowl Sunday.

Got two TV's in my living room now, buddies coming over, got the stuff to make a double batch of rotel... and a crap-load of beer.

Let's get this show on the road.

Rausch
07-19-2008, 11:08 AM

Got two TV's in my living room now, buddies coming over, got the stuff to make a double batch of rotel... and a crap-load of beer.

When's my ride showing up?...:grr:

ChiliConCarnage
07-19-2008, 12:58 PM
It seems like we can catch the prelim fights at 12am/1 on Fox Sports (for the affliction event that is).

I'd love to watch the Affliction card, but for the cost I'll just check out the UFC event live. It's too bad they ditched Babalu, I hope he's allowed to come back someday.

KcMizzou
07-19-2008, 01:00 PM
I'd love to watch the Affliction card, but for the cost I'll just check out the UFC event live. It's too bad they ditched Babalu, I hope he's allowed to come back someday.Uneless you've heard something I haven't, Babalu's still set to fight. It's Aleks, Fedor's brother who's out.

ChiliConCarnage
07-19-2008, 01:18 PM
Uneless you've heard something I haven't, Babalu's still set to fight. It's Aleks, Fedor's brother who's out.

Yes, I meant from the UFC (babalu decision). I saw that Aleks was out. It amazed me to see both Aleks and Edwin are both still just 26.. very young still for guys who've been around for a while.

KcMizzou
07-19-2008, 01:20 PM
Yes, I meant from the UFC (babalu decision). I saw that Aleks was out. It amazed me to see both Aleks and Edwin are both still just 26.. very young still for guys who've been around for a while.Oh... yeah. I completely misunderstood that. Sorry.

Third Eye
07-19-2008, 06:40 PM

Getting close to showtime.

TrickyNicky
07-19-2008, 06:45 PM
Damn, for some reason, Cox doesn't have an HD InDemand channel :(

Fairplay
07-19-2008, 06:48 PM

You better have a bong fully loaded and ready to go or i'm not coming there.

TrickyNicky
07-19-2008, 06:52 PM
Is there no way to edit a thread title? Oops. I could've sworn there was a way on Vbulletin.

Anyone see the FSN fights? I read the spoilers but I'll avoid posting about them until they are shown for most of us in the Royals broadcast area.

ChiliConCarnage
07-19-2008, 08:36 PM
I'm recording them. They are showing around 1 on TWC.

Watching the UFC event now

Farzin
07-19-2008, 08:49 PM
I'm a fan of the Affliction clothing, but I'm watching UFC on Spike. Is Affliction good so far?

TrickyNicky
07-19-2008, 08:52 PM
So far its been one-sided fights with the bigger-named fighters dominating. Kind of slow.

Farzin
07-19-2008, 09:14 PM
So far its been one-sided fights with the bigger-named fighters dominating. Kind of slow.

Kinda sounds like UFC today. It seemed all Franca did was lie down on the ground. Vera and Andy is dissapointing as hell...thank goodness its in the third round. That means Silva and Irvin are coming!

TrickyNicky
07-19-2008, 09:23 PM
http://i32.tinypic.com/4qfp1k.gif

Barnett is awesome.

mdstu
07-19-2008, 10:00 PM
I grew to hate Ben Rothwell last year.
He was awful cocky while dominating a clearly weak Heavyweight division in the the IFL.

This was how I was hoping the fight would turn out.

TrickyNicky
07-19-2008, 10:04 PM
It was a great showcase fight. Heavyweights is just a relatively thin division everywhere. The top 10 heavyweights in the world are years ahead of the top 11-25.

caffeinated_virus
07-19-2008, 10:20 PM
Wow....Feydor just annihilated Sylvia! 30 seconds...done!

TrickyNicky
07-19-2008, 10:21 PM
Icy Robot Soviet Punch Machine wins easily

ChiefsFanatic
07-19-2008, 10:22 PM
Wow....Feydor just annihilated Sylvia! 30 seconds...done!

It was 36 seconds, dont make it sound worse than it was.:doh!:

TrickyNicky
07-19-2008, 10:23 PM
Let me rephrase: The Top heavyweight is LIGHT YEARS ahead of 2-25.

El Jefe
07-19-2008, 11:14 PM
I just got back home, I watched the fight at my brothers place. I called the Fedor fight far in advance, but I still did not expect Silvia to get dominated like that. I mean he absolutely got destroyed, my guess on the fight was a 2nd round submission, but 36 seconds, man that's embarrassing. I picked the entire card right, I didn't miss on one fight, honestly though I didn't have a clue about Hominick (sp) against Sevant Young, I had never heard of Hominick (sp), anyone know what happened on the Aleksander Emelianenko vs Paul Buentello fight, it was supposed to be tonight on FSN but I didn't catch it.

El Jefe
07-19-2008, 11:14 PM
Let me rephrase: The Top heavyweight is LIGHT YEARS ahead of 2-25.

Thats for sure.

El Jefe
07-19-2008, 11:19 PM
Edit: I just saw the A. Emelianenko vs Buentello was cancelled. FTR I hope Couture doesn't fight Fedor, I don't think he would stand much of a chance. No disrespect to Randy fans, I love the guy and you never know what can happen, but he went out on top, so I would like to see it stay that way.

TrickyNicky
07-19-2008, 11:38 PM
Yeah. Rumors are going around that he tested positive for something bad. Like HIV or Hep. No confirmation on that or anything, just rumor.

Also:

http://i34.tinypic.com/2pzifpj.gif

Randy is ****ing crazy.

El Jefe
07-19-2008, 11:44 PM
Yeah. Rumors are going around that he tested positive for something bad. Like HIV or Hep. No confirmation on that or anything, just rumor.

Also:

http://i34.tinypic.com/2pzifpj.gif

Randy is ****ing crazy.

awesome imbeded video Tricky, I will give some REP for that :clap:.

El Jefe
07-19-2008, 11:51 PM
I didn't think Fedor would get into Tim so quick, Tim should of used his length better, once I saw Tim hit the ground, then Fedor softened him up with a few head shots, then sunk in both hooks I new it was in the books. I have watched Fedor's fights for a while now, and there just isn't anyone like him, like in previous referances I have made, Fedor beat the whose of hose in Pride, and those Pride fighters would demolish UFC's heavyweight crop.

Side note: Good to see Arvloski back, and boy did he impress, tough night for Militich and Extreme Couture's camp. Although I believe Hominick was Xtreme Couture.

El Jefe
07-19-2008, 11:55 PM
http://i32.tinypic.com/4qfp1k.gif

Barnett is awesome.

He sure did catch Rizzo napping didn't he, that left hook was hook line and sinker....que the "chin music", and old Pedro goes down for a nap.

TrickyNicky
07-19-2008, 11:58 PM
Yeah. It was a dumb idea to thai clinch with the hardest and fastest hooks in MMA. I thought there would be more hesitation on Fedor's part due to not fighting for 7 months, but he's just has that killer instinct.

TrickyNicky
07-20-2008, 12:01 AM
Rizzo has just had the game pass him by. Just like Marco Ruas before him. His style is now too antiquated to be more than a gatekeeper at heavyweight.

Dallas Chief
07-20-2008, 12:04 AM
I'm still in awe of how fast it was over...He made Sylvia look like an amateur.

KcMizzou
07-20-2008, 12:47 AM
Jesus Christ...

First impressions.

Fedor's a ****ing machine. I apologize for doubting him.

Anderson Silva's nearly as impressive.

It was nice to see Arlovski fight like a "pit bull" again.

And, Anthony "Rumble" Johnson was ****'in robbed. That should have been a DQ.

KcMizzou
07-20-2008, 05:01 AM
I'm still in awe of how fast it was over...He made Sylvia look like an amateur.Seriously. That guy's just not right. It didn't even look like a fair fight.

ChiefsFanatic
07-20-2008, 05:17 AM
Seriously. That guy's just not right. It didn't even look like a fair fight.

I still want to see him in a real fight. I wish that Tim wasn't such a push-over.

KcMizzou
07-20-2008, 09:40 AM
I still want to see him in a real fight. I wish that Tim wasn't such a push-over.He's not... usually.

Sylvia can stand toe to toe with pretty much any HW in the UFC (admittedly not their best division)... and Fedor made him look like a child.

I'm not sure who's going to provide that fight you're asking for... I'm convinced.

He asked for Couture. I think he'd dismantle Randy. Who else is out there?

ChiefsFanatic
07-20-2008, 09:44 AM
He's not... usually.

Sylvia can stand toe to toe with pretty much any HW in the UFC... and Fedor made him look like a child.

I'm not sure who's going to provide that fight you're asking for... I'm convinced.

To my eyes, Tim looked like a scared child. I have seen a lot of his fights, and have never seen him look like that. I think he bought into all the hype and was intimidated.

KcMizzou
07-20-2008, 09:47 AM
To my eyes, Tim looked like a scared child. I have seen a lot of his fights, and have never seen him look like that. I think he bought into all the hype and was intimidated.Well, I used to think there was a lot of hype to it too. I'm a believer now. I think Fedor just really is that damned good.

CoMoChief
07-20-2008, 09:49 AM
I cant wait to see Lesnar fight Aug 9th,

He has all the talent and potential in the world to be pretty much an unstoppable HW in this sport.

KcMizzou
07-20-2008, 09:55 AM

He has all the talent and potential in the world to be pretty much an unstoppable HW in this sport.Agreed. And I respect the way he's doing it. (Let's just say it aint the Kimbo Slice way.)

He's got a long way to go, but he could be a monster eventually.

KcMizzou
07-20-2008, 10:31 AM
Was I the only one who thought Anthony Johnson got completely screwed? Since when does repeated eye gouging (after being warned) result in a TKO???

He should have won by DQ. That was complete bullshit.

ChiefsFanatic
07-20-2008, 10:33 AM
Was I the only one who thought Anthony Johnson got completely screwed? Since when does repeated eye gouging (after being warned) result in a TKO???

He should have won by DQ. That was complete bullshit.

At the very least it should have been a NC

KcMizzou
07-20-2008, 10:44 AM
At the very least it should have been a NCIt was bizarre. They stop the fight due to an illegal blow... and then award the guy who threw the illegal blow a victory???

What? Why?

I've never seen anything like it.

eazyb81
07-20-2008, 10:49 AM
Anyone know where I can see it online?

SAUTO
07-20-2008, 11:15 AM
did anyone notice they way fedor choked out tim? he didnt really get that rear naked sunk in, just kinda got the wrist under and out went the lights(well they at least started to dim) REAL IMPRESSIVE

El Jefe
07-20-2008, 11:26 AM
I still want to see him in a real fight. I wish that Tim wasn't such a push-over.

Im not trying to pick a fight here, but I just have to address this post. I get so tired of people who don't know what they are talking about, say that they want to see a fighter get a real fight for once. Come on man, that is so lame. So I guess Fedor beating these guys wasn't impressive: Noguiera twice, Kevin Randleman, Mark Coleman twice, Hong Man Choi, Mark Hunt, Mirco Cro Cop, Fujita, Heath Herring, Sammy Schilt, and Babalu, there are more I can't think of off the top of my head but you get the point. He had the NC accidental headbutt against Noguiera, but to say you want him to fight someone good is just silly, who out there can honestly beat him? Most people who don't know much about MMA and the old Pride fighting days, don't think Fedor is anygood because they have never even watched the guy until last night, or never followed PRIDE at all. So to make a biased opinion on someone you don't know about is just stupid. If you have watched a lot of his previous fights and don't think those aren't scrubs on his win column, you don't know MMA. Rant is over :)

El Jefe
07-20-2008, 11:28 AM
did anyone notice they way fedor choked out tim? he didnt really get that rear naked sunk in, just kinda got the wrist under and out went the lights(well they at least started to dim) REAL IMPRESSIVE

Awesome point, he pretty much sunk his wrist into his neck and then locked his hands up, I bet that wasn't too comfortable on the throat. The thing I love about Fedor is his size, 6'0 230 and he is soft around the middle, the one person in the gym who could beat the crap out of everybody but you would never guess it.

Third Eye
07-20-2008, 01:42 PM

He has all the talent and potential in the world to be pretty much an unstoppable HW in this sport.

Until he cuts that bulk, he is going to get submitted by anyone skilled. Herring wins in the first.

Edit- That sounds a little more harsh than I intended. He does have potential. He obviously has dominant wrestling ability, but he is just too top heavy right now.

ChiliConCarnage
07-20-2008, 04:34 PM
Im not trying to pick a fight here, but I just have to address this post. I get so tired of people who don't know what they are talking about, say that they want to see a fighter get a real fight for once. Come on man, that is so lame. So I guess Fedor beating these guys wasn't impressive: Noguiera twice, Kevin Randleman, Mark Coleman twice, Hong Man Choi, Mark Hunt, Mirco Cro Cop, Fujita, Heath Herring, Sammy Schilt, and Babalu, there are more I can't think of off the top of my head but you get the point. He had the NC accidental headbutt against Noguiera, but to say you want him to fight someone good is just silly, who out there can honestly beat him? Most people who don't know much about MMA and the old Pride fighting days, don't think Fedor is anygood because they have never even watched the guy until last night, or never followed PRIDE at all. So to make a biased opinion on someone you don't know about is just stupid. If you have watched a lot of his previous fights and don't think those aren't scrubs on his win column, you don't know MMA. Rant is over :)

And your list basically sums up why people think he's been a bit overrated. It's not really Fedor's fault, the HW division just sucks.

Most of those guys are old school one dimensional fighters or really LHW's or really big oversized freaks with little skill. You can add guys like Zulu, or Matt Lindland to both lists(big freaks and undersized). If you took most of the guys on your list who are real HW's size wise and reduced them to 145, 155, 170 pound fighters their skill level would put them in amateur events. It's not Fedors fault there are only a handful of heavyweights who are well rounded enough to be thought of as top of the line modern MMA fighters. Still, you can't ignore that fact when you are talking about best fighter in the world.

The win over Tim was certainly impressive, For a long time, I've wanted to see him and Josh square up but they are friends and seem to rebuff that idea.

TrickyNicky
07-20-2008, 05:08 PM
I think Herring will get clobbered. Herring was dominated by Jake Obrien whom, while a very good wrestler in his own part, has nothing like the power Lesnar brings to his GnP.

TrickyNicky
07-20-2008, 05:12 PM
Ahhhh memories.

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s240/johnglaze1/aaacole.gif

KcMizzou
07-20-2008, 05:38 PM
Johnson ready to rumble after latest MMA ref controversy

By Steve Cofield

Anthony "Rumble" Johnson was on his way to a unanimous victory on national television and then it all changed with what was supposedly was a left jab by Kevin Burns. Johnson took a brutal poke to his right eye. Blinded and in excruciating pain, Johnson went down like he'd been shot in the head. Referee Steve Mazzagatti never saw the poke. When Mazzagatti failed to step in, Kevin Burns hesitated and then pounced on Johnson It was stopped with the win to Burns.

A few hours after the fight, Johnson still had no idea why the fight wasn't a no-contest.

"They didn't say nothing. Nobody has given me an excuse. The only thing I've heard from fans and even the staff of UFC was that it's bullsh*t."

Johnson was asked if his act of jumping to the floor fooled Mazzagatti.

"All I know I turned around and I was screaming. Honestly, his finger went in my eye. It hurt like hell. I've never had that happen before, not that deep at least."

Johnson wasn't in the mood to hear why Mazzagatti missed the call.

"You could see it in slow motion. Usually someone will just drop from an uppercut. I turned around from the poke in the eye. I don't know what he was looking at. If he knows it's a bad call, he has live with it."

Burns, who was warned several times during the fight, did explain in the ring why he throws his left hand in that fashion.

"It was extremely accidental. I throw a palm strike with my left hand. I broke it three times in 16 months, so I have to throw it as a palm. I can't throw it as a closed fist. I feel unfair in a way, we can do it again."

Considering the fact that Mazzagatti did warn Burns about eye pokes, it's surprising that he didn't pick up on the fight ender.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/mma_experts/post/Johnson-ready-to-rumble-after-latest-MMA-ref-con?urn=mma,94831

ChiefsFanatic
07-20-2008, 07:13 PM

Look douche, I know about mma, I know about bjj, and I know that Fedor is good. If you want to call what happened between him and Tim a real fight, then maybe you are the one who does not know what you are talking about. Yes, he beat a fighter with good credentials, and he gets full credit for that, but it was not a real fight. It was a beatdown, a massacre, a total ass-whipping. I want to see him in a fight where he has to dig deep, where he gets tested, a fight where the opponent actually hits him. You know, a real fight.

And you did not have to watch PRIDE to be an mma fan, or to signify that you know about mma. I personally hate watching mma in a ring. I have listened to so-called mma fans (disguised as PRIDE nuthuggers) who declared that PRIDE fighters would rule UFC, only to watch these so-called world beaters fall flat on their face.

Fedor is very good, probably the best HW in the short history of mma as we know it. Because I say I want to see him in a real fight, does not mean I don't know about mma, it means I want to see him fight.

Third Eye
07-21-2008, 06:53 AM
Wow. Anyone catch Dream 5 yet? I just finished the 3rd fight, and so far all I can say is WOW! The first undercard was finished with a frikken sweet submission (I won't say by who) and the 2 semi-finals were both amazing. The Aoki v Uno had some of the best ground game I have ever seen, and the Alvarez v Kawajiri fight had me jumping around the house at 7:30 in morning.

Rausch
07-21-2008, 07:16 AM
Fedor is very good, probably the best HW in the short history of mma as we know it. Because I say I want to see him in a real fight, does not mean I don't know about mma, it means I want to see him fight.

Or more the the point - You want to see him tested.

I look at Vladi....Klitzscxt....The big Ukranian white ****er that's the HW champ the same way.

Sure he's dominating the competiton but he doesn't have any real competition in his weight class right now...

Chief_in_Commander
07-21-2008, 08:33 AM
I totally agree that Fedor is great. He may arguably be the best pound for pound fighter right now in the world, even though it's also hard to say it's not Silva. I would personally say Silva just because of the way he dismantled Rich Franklin twice who I thought was one of the best fighters also. I don't like saying that Pride fighters would just come in and dominate UFC. I mean look at Cro-cop, he was supposed to be a stud and he did not do much in the UFC. Also, look at Forrest beating Rampage, after Rampage whooped Chuck Liddell, you never know when two good fighters get in the ring anyone can win. After Serra beat GSP, I truley believe that ANYONE can beat ANYONE because GSP is in a whole other realm than Serra but he just got caught. It's all about Matchups, I didn't think Forrest had a chance against Rampage but he went right after him and hurt him early and I think got in Rampages head. Anyway, Fedor and Silva are the cream of the crop, but not unbeatable regardless of who they fight, Pride, UFC, etc...

Third Eye
07-21-2008, 08:37 AM
I am really fighting the urge to post some spoilers about Dream 5. Dramatic change of events just occurred in my playback.

El Jefe
07-21-2008, 08:47 AM
Look douche, I know about mma, I know about bjj, and I know that Fedor is good. If you want to call what happened between him and Tim a real fight, then maybe you are the one who does not know what you are talking about. Yes, he beat a fighter with good credentials, and he gets full credit for that, but it was not a real fight. It was a beatdown, a massacre, a total ass-whipping. I want to see him in a fight where he has to dig deep, where he gets tested, a fight where the opponent actually hits him. You know, a real fight.
And you did not have to watch PRIDE to be an mma fan(2), or to signify that you know about mma. I personally hate watching mma in a ring. I have listened to so-called mma fans (disguised as PRIDE nuthuggers) who declared that PRIDE fighters would rule UFC, only to watch these so-called world beaters fall flat on their face(3).

Fedor is very good, probably the best HW in the short history of mma as we know it. Because I say I want to see him in a real fight, does not mean I don't know about mma, it means I want to see him fight(4).

Your and idiot. Watch Fedor vs Mirco Cro Cop, or watch Fedor vs Noguiera, both were wars and went to decision, and both were awesome to watch. Fedor said Mirco was his hardest fight to date. 2nd when did I say you had to watch Pride to be a true MMA fan? I said that "you probably don't know about Pride fighting to say Fedor has never fought a real fighter". 3rd I never said PRIDE fighters would dominate UFC. 4th, again watch Fedor fight Cro Cop and or watch him against Noguiera (2nd time) and tell me those aren't real fights. All of your rebuttals are pure garbage, I said I didn't want to start a little tissy, and if you can't get into an argument without calling someone a douche, then that shows how much class you have.

El Jefe
07-21-2008, 09:08 AM
I totally agree that Fedor is great. He may arguably be the best pound for pound fighter right now in the world, even though it's also hard to say it's not Silva. I would personally say Silva just because of the way he dismantled Rich Franklin twice who I thought was one of the best fighters also. I don't like saying that Pride fighters would just come in and dominate UFC. I mean look at Cro-cop, he was supposed to be a stud and he did not do much in the UFC. Also, look at Forrest beating Rampage, after Rampage whooped Chuck Liddell, you never know when two good fighters get in the ring anyone can win. After Serra beat GSP, I truley believe that ANYONE can beat ANYONE because GSP is in a whole other realm than Serra but he just got caught. It's all about Matchups, I didn't think Forrest had a chance against Rampage but he went right after him and hurt him early and I think got in Rampages head. Anyway, Fedor and Silva are the cream of the crop, but not unbeatable regardless of who they fight, Pride, UFC, etc...

Very good post. Chiefsfanatic was trying to make me look dumb by making false insinuations, that I am like those "nut-huggers" who said that PRIDE fighters would dominate the UFC. I have never said that or even typed it, frankly because I don't believe it, I have watched MMA and know that anyone can beat anyone. Now if you want to say that I said Fedor would beat anyone in the UFC, that would be true. On the Cro Cop point, he has been a disappointment, why he didn't train in a cage for the Gonzaga fight is beyond me, none the less it didn't matter because he didn't see that head kick coming lol, talk about Irony :).

El Jefe
07-21-2008, 09:09 AM
I am really fighting the urge to post some spoilers about Dream 5. Dramatic change of events just occurred in my playback.

Feel free to post away IMO.

Third Eye
07-21-2008, 09:37 AM
Feel free to post away IMO.

I know there are a few guys here with it DVRd since it started at 1 in the morning live. So I won't post anything yet. The action is too good to spoil.

El Jefe
07-21-2008, 09:50 AM
I know there are a few guys here with it DVRd since it started at 1 in the morning live. So I won't post anything yet. The action is too good to spoil.

If you want to PM me, feel free too. I don't mind spoilers, I don't have DVR and only basic cable, so I don't have a clue when I would be able to watch it.

Third Eye
07-21-2008, 10:01 AM
If you are at home now, or if your lucky enough to work somewhere where you can watch videos, then go to mmashare.com and then mma videos. I also am going to send you a PM to explain something.

TRR
07-21-2008, 10:12 AM

Not disagreeing with you...but I'm wondering why Brock Lesnar (who is one of the biggest dicks I have ever met mind you) gets a good amount of love for his MMA skills, while a guy like Kimbo Slice gets called a joke?

ChiefsFanatic
07-21-2008, 10:18 AM
Your and idiot. Watch Fedor vs Mirco Cro Cop, or watch Fedor vs Noguiera, both were wars and went to decision, and both were awesome to watch. Fedor said Mirco was his hardest fight to date. 2nd when did I say you had to watch Pride to be a true MMA fan? I said that "you probably don't know about Pride fighting to say Fedor has never fought a real fighter". 3rd I never said PRIDE fighters would dominate UFC. 4th, again watch Fedor fight Cro Cop and or watch him against Noguiera (2nd time) and tell me those aren't real fights. All of your rebuttals are pure garbage, I said I didn't want to start a little tissy, and if you can't get into an argument without calling someone a douche, then that shows how much class you have.

Whatever, you know what you meant when you typed your post. This is how you started your post "Im not trying to pick a fight here, but I just have to address this post. I get so tired of people who don't know what they are talking about, say that they want to see a fighter get a real fight for once." That means you were talking directly about me, stating that I did not know jack shit in your opinion.

Here is some more "pure garbage"

The fight against Cro-Cop was on 8-28-2005, three years ago. The back to back fights with Nog were on 8-15 and 12-31 2004. Even the Hunt fight was 12-31-2006. By your standards Tyson is still the man.

Here is a hint for you, today's date is 7-21-2008

If Fedor is going to continue to be called the best, he needs to continue to fight. And who really thought Tim would stand a chance? No one, that's who. Not even Tim thought he had a chance.

So, yes, I am an idiot. Sorry for standing up for myself. Please don't beat me up on the internet.

ChiefsFanatic
07-21-2008, 10:22 AM
Or more the the point - You want to see him tested.

Please see the dates in post 109 (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=4858619&postcount=109)

You are correct. I would like to see him tested in the year 2008, not three years ago.

El Jefe
07-21-2008, 10:44 AM
Whatever, you know what you meant when you typed your post. This is how you started your post "Im not trying to pick a fight here, but I just have to address this post. I get so tired of people who don't know what they are talking about, say that they want to see a fighter get a real fight for once." That means you were talking directly about me, stating that I did not know jack shit in your opinion.

Here is some more "pure garbage"

The fight against Cro-Cop was on 8-28-2005, three years ago. The back to back fights with Nog were on 8-15 and 12-31 2004. Even the Hunt fight was 12-31-2006. By your standards Tyson is still the man.

Here is a hint for you, todays date is 7-21-2008

If Fedor is going to continue to be called the best, he needs to continue to fight. And who really thought Tim would stand a chance? No one, that's who. Not even Tim thought he had a chance.

So, yes, I am an idiot. Sorry for standing up for myself. Please don't beat me up on the internet.

Oh so now your a martyr? I never called you a douche, I said you didn't know what you were talking about, and you still don't. You crack me up you attack me and call me a douche, and now you rip the martyr card out. That is a classic last gasp of breath move, you attack someone then when they attack you back, you say "why are you attacking me "(:crybaby:). What does it matter on the dates Cro Cop and Noguiera fights, you said and I quote " I want to see him in a fight where he has to dig deep, where he gets tested, a fight where the opponent actually hits him. You know, a real fight". So I showed you two fights that were an all out war. If you actually watched those fights, and saw Fedor's face after the them, it was pretty apparent that he got hit back.For you little oh your living in the past, well Fedor just beat another former UFC Heavyweight champ, but you can't give him credit, because you "the expert" knows that Tim was scared. Also you know your BJJ so you should know that Matt Lindland is one of the best in BJJ and Fedor also beat him last year (December 07 IIRC). So your points are very moot, you have an opinion on a fighter, and nothing is going to change you opinion, so that's fine.

ChiefsFanatic
07-21-2008, 11:08 AM
Oh so now your a martyr? I never called you a douche, I said you didn't know what you were talking about, and you still don't. You crack me up you attack me and call me a douche, and now you rip the martyr card out. That is a classic last gasp of breath move, you attack someone then when they attack you back, you say "why are you attacking me "(:crybaby:). What does it matter on the dates Cro Cop and Noguiera fights, you said and I quote " I want to see him in a fight where he has to dig deep, where he gets tested, a fight where the opponent actually hits him. You know, a real fight". So I showed you two fights that were an all out war. If you actually watched those fights, and saw Fedor's face after the them, it was pretty apparent that he got hit back.For you little oh your living in the past, well Fedor just beat another former UFC Heavyweight champ, but you can't give him credit, because you "the expert" knows that Tim was scared. Also you know your BJJ so you should know that Matt Lindland is one of the best in BJJ and Fedor also beat him last year (December 07 IIRC). So your points are very moot, you have an opinion on a fighter, and nothing is going to change you opinion, so that's fine.

My point was, you said you didn't attack me, when you clearly did. then you responded by asking why I attacked you for no reason.

Yes, Lindland is a world-beater. (Monson is also a world class submission guy, and he lost to Ricco, lost to Chuck, lost to Forrest, lost to Rizzo and beat some cans) What a tough win for Fedor. I said that he gets credit for winning against Tim, but the Patriots still get credit when they beat the Chiefs. Come on now. Tim has some wins against good competition, but he still crumpled and covered and got dominated while looking like a bitch. Was the Fedor-Sylvia a good fight in your opinion? It wasn't in mine.

Yes Fedor had good fights years ago, but that is years ago. He could have fought 10 guys at once, and knocked them all out with one punch, but if it happened 3 years ago, SO WHAT? The Chiefs won the SuperBowl in 1969, does that still make them World Champions?

We both think that Fedor is the best, but I want to see him fight now, not on youtube.

El Jefe
07-21-2008, 11:45 AM
My point was, you said you didn't attack me, when you clearly did. then you responded by asking why I attacked you for no reason.

Yes, Lindland is a world-beater. (Monson is also a world class submission guy, and he lost to Ricco, lost to Chuck, lost to Forrest, lost to Rizzo and beat some cans) What a tough win for Fedor. I said that he gets credit for winning against Tim, but the Patriots still get credit when they beat the Chiefs. Come on now. Tim has some wins against good competition, but he still crumpled and covered and got dominated while looking like a bitch. Was the Fedor-Sylvia a good fight in your opinion? It wasn't in mine.

Yes Fedor had good fights years ago, but that is years ago. He could have fought 10 guys at once, and knocked them all out with one punch, but if it happened 3 years ago, SO WHAT? The Chiefs won the SuperBowl in 1969, does that still make them World Champions?

We both think that Fedor is the best, but I want to see him fight now, not on youtube.

It's obvious we aren't going to come to an agreement on this subject, but hey diasgreeing is half the fun on the internet. Honestly I didn't like that the fight only went 36 seconds, but that's not something you can control. I did want Fedor to win even though he is a foreigner lol, he is a class act, one of my favorites..
Honestly though, you are calling for Fedor to fight somebody better. Who is there for Fedor to fight? Lesnar(way overrated IMO), Mir, Randy Couture, Arvloski, just to name some common names. I wouldn't mind seeing Fedor fight Wandy(another one of my favorites), man that guy is tough as nails, and yes I know he is in the light-heavyweight division. What about Fedor vs Anderson Silva, Silva says his Muay Thai is good enough to stand with anyone. Silva is too cocky IMO, Fedor would beat him down, and give him a little lesson in humility.

El Jefe
07-21-2008, 11:47 AM

Bad point, because the Chiefs didn't defend their title that's why they aren't still the champs, but Fedor has defended his title. I understand your point though.

ChiefsFanatic
07-21-2008, 11:59 AM
It's obvious we aren't going to come to an agreement on this subject, but hey diasgreeing is half the fun on the internet. Honestly I didn't like that the fight only went 36 seconds, but that's not something you can control. I did want Fedor to win even though he is a foreigner lol, he is a class act, one of my favorites..
Honestly though, you are calling for Fedor to fight somebody better. Who is there for Fedor to fight? Lesnar(way overrated IMO), Mir, Randy Couture, Arvloski, just to name some common names. I wouldn't mind seeing Fedor fight Wandy(another one of my favorites), man that guy is tough as nails, and yes I know he is in the light-heavyweight division. What about Fedor vs Anderson Silva, Silva says his Muay Thai is good enough to stand with anyone. Silva is too cocky IMO, Fedor would beat him down, and give him a little lesson in humility.

I think that Fedor versus AA would be interesting, especially since they both train in sambo. I would love to see a catch-weight fight between Silva and Fedor, but I don't think Silva would be prepared for the punching power of Fedor.

I know he has fought skilled fighters, and that his division is weak, but I hate that his best fights against the best competition were years ago. One of the things that makes Chuck one of my favorites is that he fights the top guys, win or lose. Not that Fedor doesn't, but his fight schedule has slowed down dramatically, recently averaging about 8 months between fights. I would like to see a minimum of three fights each calendar year.

Who knows, maybe there is someone who could put up a fight, maybe even someone unexpected, and the more often he fights the chances of being tested go up.

El Jefe
07-21-2008, 01:59 PM
I was a little miffed we didn't get to see Aleksander fight Buentello, I was hoping for this fight, still waiting to officially hear why/who wasn't cleared.

edit: I did see TrickyNicky, reference why, but just reiterrating my disappointment, he is a fun guy to watch.

KcMizzou
07-21-2008, 05:30 PM
Just a heads-up... Dream 5 will be on HD Net tonight at 9pm central.

Taped delayed from early this morning.

TrickyNicky
07-21-2008, 06:22 PM
It is a pretty good show. Bas sounds like he was drinking throughout the card, progessively getting a little weirder.

KcMizzou
07-21-2008, 08:07 PM
Dream 5... starting now.

KcMizzou
07-21-2008, 09:14 PM
the Alvarez v Kawajiri fight had me jumping around the house at 7:30 in morning.Just saw that... Holy Shit!

KcMizzou
07-21-2008, 09:31 PM
I had no idea Faber was training people now. Kid fought like Urijah.

KcMizzou
07-21-2008, 10:26 PM
(when can we stop worrying about spoilers?)

***Spoiler Warning***

I really felt bad for Eddie Alvarez.

I Know he was happy that Hansen got the shot, and happy that he won... but damn. You know that guy was thinkin', "Shoulda been me."

And, I think it would have been. Aoki's friggin' nuts. Like fighting an octopus... the only way to combat that, is a few crushing blows to the brain pan.

I can't wait for Alvarez / Hansen II... the first fight was a classic.

TrickyNicky
07-23-2008, 02:15 PM
No need for spoiler alerts if it has aired twiced, imo.

Dream 5 was fairly good card. Its a shame the fight matchups shook out the way they did with the random draw. Still had one epic slugfest and we got to see more Aoki-tears. Hansen winning was a good thing. He will always have an exciting fight. I think the next fights should be Uno vs Kawajiri to settle their bad blood while Hansen defends against Alvarez. You could also have a fun couple of matchups like with JZ against Ishida. Its a shame Gomi is tied up with Sengoku, but both Kid and Mach are signed with Dream.

EliteXC is Saturday night. Featuring a rematch from the last card as the headliner. Also, Nick Diaz in Stockton will be crazy, mark my words.

TrickyNicky
07-23-2008, 02:23 PM
Also, heres an interesting tidbit to settle the Fedor argument in this thread:

http://dreamfighters.com/site/?actio...&id=1216833983

DreamFighters.com has learned that Fedor Emelianenko has just recently made public his next fight with Affliction. Affliction, has yet to confirm, nor the other fighting party, but this comes from the mouth of Fedor Emelianenko:

"The next Aflliction event is being prepared for November but we are trying to move it to October so I can have enough time to prepare for my other fight in Dream around December (NYE)''. For his next opponent, Fedor has been clear: It will be Andrei Arlovski. I still don't know who I am goign to fight in Dream ("Probally Mirko Crocop"), but I plan to fight Josh Barnett in March in USA."

Fedor has said:My next opponent is Andrei Arlovski

We will wait for further confirmation from Arlovski's camp and Affliction to make this 100% Official.

If he pulls it off, that will be an impressive four fight run.

Third Eye
07-23-2008, 03:11 PM
I really felt bad for Eddie Alvarez.
Yeah, that has to be for me the most emotionally connected to an MMA event I have ever been. Felt really bad for the kid.

El Jefe
07-23-2008, 03:23 PM
Also, heres an interesting tidbit to settle the Fedor argument in this thread:

http://dreamfighters.com/site/?actio...&id=1216833983

DreamFighters.com has learned that Fedor Emelianenko has just recently made public his next fight with Affliction. Affliction, has yet to confirm, nor the other fighting party, but this comes from the mouth of Fedor Emelianenko:

"The next Aflliction event is being prepared for November but we are trying to move it to October so I can have enough time to prepare for my other fight in Dream around December (NYE)''. For his next opponent, Fedor has been clear: It will be Andrei Arlovski. I still don't know who I am goign to fight in Dream ("Probally Mirko Crocop"), but I plan to fight Josh Barnett in March in USA."

Fedor has said:My next opponent is Andrei Arlovski

We will wait for further confirmation from Arlovski's camp and Affliction to make this 100% Official.

If he pulls it off, that will be an impressive four fight run.

I figured they would do the Fedor vs Arvloski fight, I wanted to see it. I am excited to watch Fedor dominate another great fighter.

jidar
07-23-2008, 05:01 PM
It's obvious to me that Chiefsfanatic is another UFC nuthugger who doesn't know what the **** he's talking about.

SAUTO
07-23-2008, 05:03 PM
arlovski, cro cop, barnett, coture will that be enough for all the fedor haters? the guy wants to fight the best, they just ALL duck him./ in his contract with M-1 he made them put in a clause that they HAVE to offer the ufc HW champ 1 million more than their ufc contract just to fight fedor. WHY DO YOU THINK coture quit 1 month after fedor signed the contract? to get the money. dana white's arrogant ass REFUSES to do cross-promotional fights and the ufc could have taken M-1's million dollars and paid almost all of their fighters for a ppv. since coture has a contract with ufc conceivebly(SP?) set up the fight at a ufc event and take the money give some back to M-1 (its an open Contract) and put on a HELL of a fight. dana WILL be the ufc's downfall

TrickyNicky
07-26-2008, 02:48 PM
EliteXC tonight if anyone is interested. No Kimbo means no one in the mainstream really cares. But there is Ms. Cyborg Santos and she looks mean.

http://www.sherdog.com/thumbnail_crop.php?image=http://www.cdn.sherdog.com/_images/pictures/20080725044010_IMG_3205.JPG&width_size=600
(on the right)

KcMizzou
07-26-2008, 02:56 PM
I still think this should be overturned. At least change it to a no contest...

Anthony Johnson undergoes eye surgery

UFC welterweight Anthony “Rumble” Johnson has undergone surgery as a result of an eye injury sustained against Kevin Burns during their bout at UFC Fight Night 14, MMAWeekly.com is reporting.

Despite taking an obvious illegal finger to the eye, Johnson was declared the loser last Saturday via TKO after he darted to the mat and covered up following the infraction.

Up until the foul, many pundits considered Johnson the likely winner had the bout gone to decision.

“My retina was damaged, possibly detached, and the laceration was pretty long,” Johnson is quoted as telling MMA Weekly’s Mick Hammond. “It was basically from one end of my eye to the other. They did laser surgery that took about two hours, put some stitches on it basically.”

While Johnson has taken the high road throughout the incident, he still believes that Burns shouldn’t be allowed to fight until he gets his injured hand repaired. According to Burns, the reason why he throws his jab with an open palm is because he’s broken it three times in the last sixteen months.

“I told my agent, Ken Pavia, I have nothing against Kevin; but personally I don’t want him to fight again until he gets his hands fixed,” Johnson is quoted as saying. “I don’t want any other fighter to go through what I went through.”

“I don’t think it’s cool that he fought with his hands like that. It put himself and others that he’s competing with in danger. Just look at me. I can accept a loss, but I can’t accept a loss or the consequence of someone else’s wrong doing in a fight like that.”

Johnson indicated that he should be healthy enough to fight again in September or October.

http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2008/07/26/anthony-johnson-undergoes-eye-surgery/

ChiefsFanatic
07-26-2008, 05:58 PM
It's obvious to me that Chiefsfanatic is another UFC nuthugger who doesn't know what the **** he's talking about.

Why? because I think fighters should be judged by what they have done in the last year or two? and not three or four years ago?

I stated that I think Fedor is the best, but he has to keep proving it. A 36 second win over Tim "if I can't knock you out, you will submit me" Sylvia does not impress me.

I don't care that he does not fight in the UFC. Actually, if he fought in the UFC there would be no one for him to fight, as the UFC has a weak HW division.

If I don't agree with your opinion I must not know what I am talking about. That is the lamest internet argument ever, and actually a little beneath you.

ChiefsFanatic
07-26-2008, 06:01 PM
dana WILL be the ufc's downfall

Without Dana, there would not be a UFC like we know it. Not letting your fighters fight outside your promotion may suck for the fans, but it is not a bad business strategy.

KcMizzou
07-26-2008, 07:05 PM
EliteXC tonight if anyone is interested. No Kimbo means no one in the mainstream really cares. But there is Ms. Cyborg Santos and she looks mean.

http://www.sherdog.com/thumbnail_crop.php?image=http://www.cdn.sherdog.com/_images/pictures/20080725044010_IMG_3205.JPG&width_size=600
(on the right)Starting now. Nick Diaz is on the card as well.

Also, Spike is airing UFC 84 (Penn/Sherk, Silva/Jardine, Ortiz/Machida) for those who haven't seen it.

KcMizzou
07-26-2008, 07:19 PM
Good lord. They must have had a bloodbath in the prelims.

TrickyNicky
07-26-2008, 07:27 PM
Mazzagatti hates early stoppages and will not be a party to such a travesty.

KcMizzou
07-26-2008, 07:47 PM
Shields wins easily.

Alright... let's go Diaz.

(Still wanna see him beat up Noons.)

KcMizzou
07-26-2008, 07:56 PM
"Kimbo Slice, so polished..."

LMAOLMAO

KcMizzou
07-26-2008, 08:09 PM
Haha... what a first round. Denny looked good at first, but man, Diaz just keeps coming.

KcMizzou
07-26-2008, 08:24 PM
(Put Smut Peddler on ignore. Stupid ****er.)

That Diaz fight was fun to watch.

This show's been leaps and bounds better than the first one.

Lawler/Smith coming up... this should be fun.

KcMizzou
07-26-2008, 08:36 PM
Sweet, Anderson Silva in the house, and getting some love on network TV.

KcMizzou
07-26-2008, 08:50 PM
Damn.. that was a vicious knee to the body.

KcMizzou
07-26-2008, 08:54 PM
That was fun.

Much, much better show this time around. I hope it gets good ratings.

I know Kimbo was on the first one... but wasn't it up against the NBA playoffs?

It'd be nice to see this show, with better fights, and better fighters... do really well.

TrickyNicky
07-26-2008, 09:39 PM
Was a good free card. Its a shame that Nick Diaz will let scrubs plaster him as much as Gomi ever did. Altogether a fun night of fights.

TrickyNicky
07-26-2008, 09:40 PM
Possibly the funniest MMA-related prank. You can just see the slow terror on Mauro's face, and to be honest, who can blame him?
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/s4oJsSnmGkw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/s4oJsSnmGkw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

KcMizzou
07-26-2008, 09:43 PM
Was a good free card. Its a shame that Nick Diaz will let scrubs plaster him as much as Gomi ever did. Altogether a fun night of fights.The dude does like to lead with his chin. Makes for entertaining fights, though.

KcMizzou
07-26-2008, 09:51 PM
Possibly the funniest MMA-related prank. You can just see the slow terror on Mauro's face, and to be honest, who can blame him?
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/s4oJsSnmGkw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/s4oJsSnmGkw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>LMAOLMAO

That was hilarious.

No surprise that Bas was right in the middle of it. I love that guy.

ChiefsFanatic
07-26-2008, 11:32 PM
Was a good free card. Its a shame that Nick Diaz will let scrubs plaster him as much as Gomi ever did. Altogether a fun night of fights.

I found it funny that they would not mention that Nick Diaz knocked Lawler out in the UFC. I wonder if Diaz wanted to fight at that weight but they would not let him. They said he has trouble making the 160 division, so 170 or 185 would make more sense, but I don't think they want that.

It was much better than last time presentation wise. No 20 minute ring entrances, etc. The announcers were still horrible. The canadian idiot even compared Lawler vs Smith 2 to Batman vs The Joker, as far as hyped matchups.

SAUTO
07-27-2008, 09:59 AM
Without Dana, there would not be a UFC like we know it. Not letting your fighters fight outside your promotion may suck for the fans, but it is not a bad business strategy.

i'll give you the point on the ufc as we know it, but dana's gotten too big for his britches, kinda funny that one of the fertitta's left the casino to "help" dana run the ufc. buut that GREAT bus. strategy is now running off all the better fighters(fedor, coture just to name 2) also do a little research and look at the peanuts that the ufc calls purses, if boxers can make 10-20 mil per fight then why does anderson silva make like 200K per?

ArrowheadHawk
07-27-2008, 12:51 PM
i'll give you the point on the ufc as we know it, but dana's gotten too big for his britches, kinda funny that one of the fertitta's left the casino to "help" dana run the ufc. buut that GREAT bus. strategy is now running off all the better fighters(fedor, coture just to name 2) also do a little research and look at the peanuts that the ufc calls purses, if boxers can make 10-20 mil per fight then why does anderson silva make like 200K per?I agree they should be paid more but they sign the contract. If you look at good fighters, whenever they renew their contract they get paid more. And don't forget about what the sponsors are paying their fighters. Fighter salaries are on the rise but they have to be earned. With what Affliction is paying fighters they will go out of business unless they get a major sponsor or a tv deal.

SAUTO
07-27-2008, 02:18 PM
affliction has an ace in the hole DONALD TRUMP
and im not talking just about money dana just treats the fighters(other than dana's pets) like trash.
also how does boxing pay all that money then? mma is WAY more popular than boxing RIGHT NOW

SAUTO
07-27-2008, 02:20 PM
also if you read what i said i didnt even begin to compare ufc salaries to affliction salaries which is also totally lopsided

TrickyNicky
07-28-2008, 06:18 AM
Good lord. They must have had a bloodbath in the prelims.

http://photos.mmaweekly.com/gallery/EliteXC/EliteXC_0708/fights/01_Drew_Montgomery_vs_Brandon_Tarn/09_MontgomeryTarnEliteXC.JPG

And that guy won...

TrickyNicky
07-28-2008, 12:59 PM
Fight of the (half) Year?

Candidates:

Hideo Tokoro vs. Darren Uyenoyama
Cung Le vs. Frank Shamrock
Faber Vs Pulver
Big Nog Vs Tim Sylvia
Eddie Alvarez Vs Joachim Hansen
Torres Vs Maeda
Kawajiri vs Alvarez

I gotta go with Hansen vs Alvarez. Had a bit of everything, brawling, exciting sub attempts and escapes, heart. Honorable mentions to Alvarez vs 'Jiri.

Thoughts?

KcMizzou
08-02-2008, 05:28 PM
Oh shit...

Baby dies after crash

Woman whom officials say ‘Rampage’ Jackson hit in car collision has miscarried, fiance says. No actions filed yet.

By Joseph Serna

A Huntington Beach woman who was more than 16 weeks pregnant and who police said was injured in a hit-and-run crash with mixed martial artist Quinton “Rampage” Jackson on the 55 Freeway two weeks ago has had a miscarriage, her fiance said Friday.

Holli Griggs, 38, was driving her 2007 Cadillac Escalade in the left lane on the southbound 55 Freeway just south of Bay Street on July 15 when Jackson’s gray-and-green pick-up truck sideswiped her as he drove along the median lane at about 45 mph, California Highway Patrol officials said.

Prosecutors have yet to file charges against Jackson, a former light heavyweight champion for the Ultimate Fighting Championship who remains free on $25,000 bail. Prosecutors would not comment on any potential charges due to Griggs’ miscarriage.

“Our office will make sure we take as much time as necessary to make a proper filing decision and including all evidence and medical information to make sure any charges that are filed are fair and accurate,” Dist. Atty. spokeswoman Farrah Emami said.

Efforts to reach Jackson and his representatives have been unsuccessful since he was arrested.

Griggs was unavailable for comment Friday. Her fiance, Bill Krebs, said doctors were immediately concerned when they noticed a significant loss of fluid in Griggs’ womb after the accident. Days before the crash, the couple had visited the doctor for an ultrasound, and Griggs was told she “had enough fluid for three babies,” Krebs said. She was pregnant with a boy.

Griggs was sent to Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian after the accident, CHP officials said. Krebs said he and Griggs were then sent to pregnancy specialists at Kaiser Permanente Hospital in Anaheim, where doctors noticed the problem.

The couple have retained an attorney but have yet to take legal action against Jackson.

“No amount of money will bring back my son,” Krebs said outside his home Thursday.

Jackson was arrested July 15 after Costa Mesa police say they chased him from 18th Street and Newport Boulevard, where he was weaving through traffic with a flat tire while talking on the phone all the way to 18th Street on Balboa Boulevard in Newport Beach.

Jackson ran several red lights, drove on concrete islands narrowly missing pedestrians, headed into oncoming traffic and hit another car, police said. Officers did not test Jackson for drugs or alcohol because he did not appear to be under the influence, Sgt. Bryan Glass said. He was released that night on bail.

The next day, Jackson was taken from his Irvine home and hospitalized for observation after police deemed he was a danger to himself and others. Jackson was upset by Forrest Griffin in a light heavyweight title bout in Las Vegas July 5.

http://www.dailypilot.com/articles/2008/08/01/topstory/dpt-jacksonfolo080208.txt

Just ****ing terrible... I wonder how Rampage (religious to an extreme, obviously) will live with this on his conscience...

KCUnited
08-02-2008, 06:25 PM
WOW! What an odd set of circumstances.

ragedogg69
08-03-2008, 05:19 PM
FYI WEC is on tonight, Versus HD.

KcMizzou
08-03-2008, 05:23 PM
FYI WEC is on tonight, Versus HD.Thanks! I had no idea.

ragedogg69
08-03-2008, 05:46 PM
Thanks! I had no idea.

yeah it snuck up on me too. if the wec actually advertised, it wouldnt be so obvious that it's the UFC's redheaded step child.

TrickyNicky
08-08-2008, 10:47 PM
UFC 87 is tomorrow. Sheesh. A card every week. Not bad.

Shag
08-09-2008, 04:24 PM
Anyone know where I might be able to stream UFC 87 tonight?

BigVE
08-09-2008, 07:31 PM
Last time there were a couple of decent links...for the life of me I don't remember what they were. I'm still looking, if I find it I will let ya' know.

BigVE
08-09-2008, 08:15 PM
Its FIGHT TIME. Woo hoo

SPchief
08-09-2008, 08:23 PM
GREAT first round by Maia vs McDonald

BigVE
08-09-2008, 08:39 PM
Maia was impressive, great W. Huerta vs Florian is next. I'm picking Huerta but this will be good and will probably go to the guy who makes the first mistake.

Shag
08-09-2008, 09:02 PM
Had some streaming issues during the Huerta/Florian fight, but it didn't seem to live up to the billing. First fight was better...

BigVE
08-09-2008, 09:03 PM
I think Florian got him...

Shag
08-09-2008, 09:04 PM
I think Florian got him...

Unanimous decision, and rightfully so. Huerta didn't do much...

kcxiv
08-09-2008, 09:52 PM
Lesnar is a ****ing monster.

Shag
08-09-2008, 10:13 PM
Lesnar looked damn good for his 3rd MMA fight. Still somewhat unrefined, but he's only going to get better. It will be interesting to see how good he can be...

I can't believe how much bigger he looked than Herring...

BigVE
08-09-2008, 11:01 PM
Lesnar was very impressive, his size strength and speed would give almost any heavyweight trouble. I'm not ready to crown the guy just yet but he has made HUGE strides in improving his entire fight skill set.

The GSP vs Fitch fight was a serious beat-down by GSP but he never could quite take Fitch out...he put him on his @ss at least 5 times by my count, took him to the ground at will and had him bloody and bruised. Fitch put up a good fight overall but didn't really have much for GSP in reality. This was a great UFC card.