PDA

View Full Version : Life Am I a terrible person if I really don't have the urge to see Dark Knight right now?

RealSNR
07-19-2008, 05:24 PM
Jesus F. Christ. Have you people gone mad?

Every single person is asking me if I've seen it yet. No, I haven't. I was going to until you became the 100th person in the past 24 hours to ask me if I've seen it yet. Now I don't really feel like seeing it at all.

What the hell is so amazing about this movie? Is it because of Heath Ledger? Why didn't Batman Begins get this much masturbation over it?

Hammock Parties
07-19-2008, 05:26 PM
WHY SO SERIOUS?

Bugeater
07-19-2008, 05:26 PM
I can't decide if I'm more tired of hearing about Dark Knight or Brett Favre at the current moment.

Skip Towne
07-19-2008, 05:27 PM
I don't see the attraction either. But I didn't like Batman when I was a kid.

Hammock Parties
07-19-2008, 05:27 PM
I don't see the attraction ether. But I didn't like Batman when I was a kid.

LET'S PUT A SMILE ON THAT FACE

RealSNR
07-19-2008, 05:31 PM
I'm at a festival in Maine right now. The town is a place of about 10,000 people and a college and I didn't get a rental car. I'll be here until the end of July.

I've gotten two calls from friends who want me to see the movie RIGHT NOW. I tell them I don't have the luxury of finding a car and driving to a largish city to see the movie (the theatre here has it but it really sucks I guess). And even if I did, I wouldn't waste an hour of gas along with the crowds all to see a movie by myself.

I didn't see Batman Begins, either. Leave me alone. I probably won't see it until August. If at all.

StcChief
07-19-2008, 05:32 PM
your actually smart, let the crowds, reviewers get it done....

Bowser
07-19-2008, 05:33 PM
Succumb to geekdom, or die in a fire. The choice is yours.

Joie
07-19-2008, 05:38 PM
I'll probably wait for DVD...just like I did with Batman Begins. I love the theater, but there are other movies I want to see. And other places I need to spend my money.

The Franchise
07-19-2008, 05:40 PM
I'm a huge Batman fan....that's why I went to see it last night.

If you don't want to see it.....don't go see it. There are movies that everyone flips out about....and I've never seen them. I really don't care.

Bugeater
07-19-2008, 05:41 PM
I'll probably wait for DVD...just like I did with Batman Begins. I love the theater, but there are other movies I want to see. And other places I need to spend my money.
Just think, you could probably get a half a tank of gas for what you'd spend taking the family to that movie.

Hammock Parties
07-19-2008, 05:49 PM
I love the theater, but there are other movies I want to see..

Like some stupid ass chick flick?

Leave that to DVD. See pure orgasmic perfection on the big screen.

Joie
07-19-2008, 05:49 PM
Just think, you could probably get a half a tank of gas for what you'd spend taking the family to that movie.

Exactly. Actually, including concessions I could probably get closer to a full tank. Costs about $50 to fill our car right now.

Hammock Parties
07-19-2008, 05:51 PM
By the way, **** concessions. I don't buy them and never will.

Bugeater
07-19-2008, 05:58 PM
Of course not, you just sneak your own stuff in there.

Skip Towne
07-19-2008, 06:00 PM

Your allowance won't ccver it?

Lonewolf Ed
07-19-2008, 06:02 PM

Every single person is asking me if I've seen it yet. No, I haven't. I was going to until you became the 100th person in the past 24 hours to ask me if I've seen it yet. Now I don't really feel like seeing it at all.

What the hell is so amazing about this movie? Is it because of Heath Ledger? Why didn't Batman Begins get this much masturbation over it?

Perhaps you are a terrible person for some other reason? :hmmm:

DaFace
07-19-2008, 06:04 PM
If you WANT to see this one, it's probably worth seeing in a theater - preferably a good one. They did a nice job with all the action scenes, surround sound, etc. It wouldn't be the same at home unless you've got an insanely kick ass theater setup.

If you DON'T want to see it, then don't. And kick people in the nuts when they ask. They'll stop after a couple tries. :shrug:

JuicesFlowing
07-19-2008, 06:07 PM
I haven't seen it yet, but it's only because I have a baby and it's not easy to get away. Although to echo your point, the hype for this movie is disturbing. I'm almost expecting to be disappointed because of so much hype.

JuicesFlowing
07-19-2008, 06:10 PM

What does popcorn and/or soda have anything to do with this movie? Do you abstain from concessions at Chiefs games? What's your point???

DaFace
07-19-2008, 06:11 PM
I haven't seen it yet, but it's only because I have a baby and it's not easy to get away. Although to echo your point, the hype for this movie is disturbing. I'm almost expecting to be disappointed because of so much hype.

I was too, to a point. I saw it this morning, though, and was pretty pleased.

DaFace
07-19-2008, 06:13 PM
Wow...I just saw that this movie is now the NUMBER 1 rated movie on IMDB. That's probably taking it a bit far, but impressive nevertheless.

Fairplay

If you ever have a date prepare to buy something for her at the theater or you will be dubbed a cheapskate.

Rausch
I really haven't heard may reasons why this flick is so great.

Fairplay
07-19-2008, 06:16 PM

Your English sucks. :D

Deberg_1990
07-19-2008, 06:18 PM

Have you seen Mamma Mia yet? I Hear its Amazing! Drop what your doing and go see it immediatly!

Joie
07-19-2008, 06:26 PM
Like some stupid ass chick flick?

Leave that to DVD. See pure orgasmic perfection on the big screen.

No. Like a movie my kids would enjoy, too.

chiefs1111
07-19-2008, 06:29 PM
Ill just wait for it to come out on dvd.....

JuicesFlowing
07-19-2008, 06:34 PM

What are the reasons any film is great? That's why.

DaFace
07-19-2008, 06:36 PM

I probably wouldn't call it a "great" movie, but it's definitely one of the better action flicks to come out recently IMO. Good action scenes, and a lot of psychological elements that make it fun. I also thought that the acting was top notch as well - not just for Ledger either. I'd probably give it an 8/10, but I'm picky.

ClevelandBronco
07-19-2008, 06:38 PM
I see movies when they are released to some satellite channel. I have no urge to go to a movie theater to see any film.

I make exceptions only for stadium-seating IMAX.

DaFace
07-19-2008, 06:40 PM
I see movies when they are released to some satellite channel. I have no urge to go to a movie theater to see any film.

I make exceptions only for stadium-seating IMAX.

They actually filmed a chunk of the Dark Knight in IMAX. I thought about heading down to the one at Colorado and I-25 to see it, but decided against it in favor of not having to fight the crowds.

milkman
07-19-2008, 07:04 PM
If you ever have a date prepare to buy something for her at the theater or you will be dubbed a cheapskate.

The man he dates will be the one buying.

BigMeatballDave
07-19-2008, 07:15 PM
Eh, I'm waiting for DVD. I haven't even seen Batman Begins...

Hammock Parties
07-19-2008, 07:28 PM
Of course not, you just sneak your own stuff in there.

Actually I don't even do that.

As for dates, yes I'd buy. I'm not dumb. If a bucket of popcorn gets me laid I'm all for it.

Skip Towne
07-19-2008, 07:33 PM

As for dates, yes I'd buy. I'm not dumb. If a bucket of popcorn gets me laid I'm all for it.

I doubt if a 55 gallon drum of popcorn could get you laid.

Hammock Parties
07-19-2008, 07:34 PM
I doubt if a 55 gallon drum of popcorn could get you laid.

At least that fake butter shit will make for great lube in any event.

Joie
07-19-2008, 07:35 PM

Your blow up doll likes popcorn?

Hammock Parties
07-19-2008, 07:36 PM
Your blow up doll likes popcorn?

Like I said, I have to lube it up somehow.

Chief Chief
07-19-2008, 08:48 PM
Don't worry, SNR...I haven't seen TDK yet either and probably won't for a couple of weeks 'til the crowd dies down. I don't care to stand in line and then get a crummy position in the theater for viewing the film. I also don't like sitting in a packed theater, listening to people all around me munching away on their popcorn while I'm trying to listen to the movie's dialogue.

As for the action scenes in TDK, the KC Star reviewer basically said they were poorly filmed and difficult to follow.

I'm getting the idea that Ledger's performance is driving the film's massive following, especially since he needs to top Nicholson's Joker to get any respect from the die-hard Batman fans. The secondary purpose in seeing the flick would be the storyline.

I've seen Batman Begins but I expect TDK to stand on its own with little or no references to BB.

Bearcat
07-19-2008, 08:56 PM
I like a good movie as much as anyone, but I'm never in a hurry to see them.... maybe one day I'll get around to seeing Star Wars. I saw the Family Guy version a while back and that was pretty good.

RealSNR
07-19-2008, 09:00 PM
Have you seen Mamma Mia yet? I Hear its Amazing! Drop what your doing and go see it immediatly!No thank you. I haven't seen a decent musical in the theatres since Gene Wilder was in The Producers.

Although I've heard the version with Will Ferrell is great, too. I may have to rent the DVD.

Deberg_1990
07-19-2008, 09:06 PM
maybe one day I'll get around to seeing Star Wars.

Wow...we found the last man on Earth to have never seen that. What do we win??

Skip Towne
07-19-2008, 09:12 PM
Wow...we found the last man on Earth to have never seen that. What do we win??

I've never seen it.

RealSNR
07-19-2008, 09:29 PM
I've never seen it.That's because you didn't care about any of them new-fangled special effects in the 70s

JuicesFlowing
07-19-2008, 09:36 PM
Just a movie, you're not a terrible person ... to answer the question. Hype does tend to get under the skin ...

alanm
07-19-2008, 09:42 PM

I don't get the hype for it either. I MAY decide to see it when it hits HBO. :spock:

07-19-2008, 10:48 PM
I don't understand the need to see the movie on the busiest weekend to see it. Damn, what's a few days to wait for the crowds to die down.

DaFace
07-19-2008, 11:04 PM
I don't understand the need to see the movie on the busiest weekend to see it. Damn, what's a few days to wait for the crowds to die down.

Strangely, we went to a 12:50 showing today, and the theater wasn't even 1/4th full. Granted, they had it playing on like 6 screens, but I was still surprised.

07-19-2008, 11:07 PM
Strangely, we went to a 12:50 showing today, and the theater wasn't even 1/4th full. Granted, they had it playing on like 6 screens, but I was still surprised.
That is actually normal. If I hadn't been sleeping from my overnight job, I would have gone today. Planning on getting to the 11:40am showing tomorrow or Monday. those showings are always dead. For some reason, people seem to think you HAVE to watch a movie after 6pm.

Frazod
07-19-2008, 11:10 PM
I went to a 6:00 p.m. show today and it wasn't that crowded, either. Most of the front seats were empty.

I assume it picked up later in the evening.

Skip Towne
07-19-2008, 11:14 PM
I'm not much of a movie guy. But it is sure hard to see how a comic book character can spark a great movie. Apollo 13 is my idea of a great movie.

Hammock Parties
07-19-2008, 11:16 PM
ur ignorant

Deberg_1990
07-19-2008, 11:18 PM
I went to a 6:00 p.m. show today and it wasn't that crowded, either. Most of the front seats were empty.

I assume it picked up later in the evening.

I assume when its playing in 10 theaters at the typical Metroplex 18, it helps to thin out the crowds??

07-19-2008, 11:20 PM
I'm not much of a movie guy. But it is sure hard to see how a comic book character can spark a great movie. Apollo 13 is my idea of a great movie.
apollo 13 was an outstanding movie. I have no doubt that Dark Knight is outstanding as well.

Skip Towne
07-19-2008, 11:22 PM
ur ignorant

ur an ignorant immature watcher of ridiculous movies.

Frazod
07-19-2008, 11:24 PM
I assume when its playing in 10 theaters at the typical Metroplex 18, it helps to thin out the crowds??

Probably. But I deliberately picked that time of day hoping it wouldn't be quite so mobbed, and it wasn't.

Skip Towne
07-19-2008, 11:25 PM
apollo 13 was an outstanding movie. I have no doubt that Dark Knight is outstanding as well.

Apollo 13 is about a real happening. Dark Knight is about a comic book character. I don't get it.

07-19-2008, 11:29 PM
Apollo 13 is about a real happening. Dark Knight is about a comic book character. I don't get it.
any movie that makes me forget I am watching a movie is a great movie to me. I loved Batman Begins. I know I will love Dark Knight. If you haven't taken the time to see Begins you really should. Highly entertaining.

apollo 13 was art. You knew how it ended and they still had you thinking it OMG, will they make it?

Skip Towne
07-19-2008, 11:43 PM
any movie that makes me forget I am watching a movie is a great movie to me. I loved Batman Begins. I know I will love Dark Knight. If you haven't taken the time to see Begins you really should. Highly entertaining.

apollo 13 was art. You knew how it ended and they still had you thinking it OMG, will they make it?

I just can't get excited about a comic book character. I thought Batman sucked when I was a kid.

Hammock Parties
07-19-2008, 11:48 PM
I just can't get excited about a comic book character. I thought Batman sucked when I was a kid.

Batman is cool because he's a regular joe, relatively speaking. He has no super powers. He's just a dude with an incredible body, ninja training and a bunch of gadgets.

He's also fallible. And an emo bitch.

And also, comparatively speaking, he did suck when you were a kid.

Skip Towne
07-19-2008, 11:55 PM
Batman is cool because he's a regular joe, relatively speaking. He has no super powers. He's just a dude with an incredible body, ninja training and a bunch of gadgets.

He's also fallible. And an emo bitch.

And also, comparatively speaking, he did suck when you were a kid.

You live in a dream world that I never bought into. But then, I can support myself as I live in the real world.

Hammock Parties
07-19-2008, 11:56 PM
You live in a dream world that I never bought into. But then, I can support myself as I live in the real world.

Instead of insulting me, you might want to try having a real discussion about the movie.

Why don't you do yourself a favor and go see it. If you don't like it, you never have to watch another comic book movie ever again.

El Jefe
07-20-2008, 12:00 AM
WHY SO SERIOUS?

Awesome.

Skip Towne
07-20-2008, 12:05 AM
Instead of insulting me, you might want to try having a real discussion about the movie.

Why don't you do yourself a favor and go see it. If you don't like it, you never have to watch another comic book movie ever again.

Not insulting you, just stating facts. You DO live in a dream world and your parents allow you to do it. You like fantastic shit like Starwars and Batman because you are incredibly immature. I probably wouldn't watch that show if it came on free TV. But, like I said at the start, I am not a movie guy. When I was in Korea, they changed the movie every third day. It cost a quarter to get in. In 13 months I walked out of all but two movies. "Wait Until Dark" and "The Thomas Crown Affair" were the only ones I stayed and watched. So it is probably just me.

Hammock Parties
07-20-2008, 12:06 AM
You like fantastic shit like Starwars and Batman because you are incredibly immature.

I liked Apollo 13, too, Skip. I enjoy a wide variety of films. I own Lawrence of Arabia on DVD.

Is there some reason you can't open your mind and experience something new?

Skip Towne
07-20-2008, 12:19 AM
I liked Apollo 13, too, Skip. I enjoy a wide variety of films. I own Lawrence of Arabia on DVD.

Is there some reason you can't open your mind and experience something new?

Not unless I find it interesting. When my daughter was 12 or 13 she drug me to a movie. We had our choice of 3 or 4 of them. She picked "You have Mail" It totally sucked. The only other movies I have liked are "To Hell and Back", "Jaws" and "Crocodile Dundee". And no, I can't "open my mind" when I have gotten burnt 80% of the time.

Skip Towne
07-20-2008, 12:22 AM
Oh, yeah, I liked Silence of the lambs too.

Hammock Parties
07-20-2008, 12:24 AM
Not unless I find it interesting. When my daughter was 12 or 13 she drug me to a movie. We had or choice of 3 or 4 of them. She picked "You have Mail" It totally sucked. The only other movies I have liked are "To Hell and Back", "Jaws" and "Crocodile Dundee". And no, I can't "open my mind" when I have gotten burnt 80% of the time.

How will you know if you find it interesting unless you check it out?

You've Got Mail is a chick flick. It's about as far away from The Dark Knight as you can get. Like someone else said, The Dark Knight is a 70's cop movie with some comic book freaks running around. I'm sure you like 70's cop drama.

Tell you what, if you don't like it I'll refund your money. How's that? All you have to do is provide proof you bought a ticket.

Skip Towne
07-20-2008, 12:34 AM
How will you know if you find it interesting unless you check it out?

You've Got Mail is a chick flick. It's about as far away from The Dark Knight as you can get. Like someone else said, The Dark Knight is a 70's cop movie with some comic book freaks running around. I'm sure you like 70's cop drama.

Tell you what, if you don't like it I'll refund your money. How's that? All you have to do is provide proof you bought a ticket.

As I just told you, I walked out of about 100 movies in 13 months. I wouldn't watch that Dark Knight movie if it were on free TV. I'm not at all interested. I just can't see the attraction at all why it is all the rage.

Skip Towne
07-20-2008, 12:36 AM
Oh, I forgot Dirty Harry. It was pretty good.

Skip Towne
07-20-2008, 12:41 AM
In Cold Blood was also good. I guess I like more movies than I thought. But none of them are fantasy types.

beer bacon
07-20-2008, 12:47 AM

Seriously, you don't understand the attraction of fiction?

Hammock Parties
07-20-2008, 12:49 AM
In Cold Blood was also good. I guess I like more movies than I thought. But none of them are fantasy types.

Dude, it's not a fantasy movie. It's a crime drama. It's gritty and realistic. No one is shooting laser beams out of their eyes.

Batman doesn't even use guns.

beer bacon
07-20-2008, 12:50 AM
Oh, I forgot Dirty Harry. It was pretty good.

Dirty Harry was fiction! Get your head out of the clouds you delusional fool!

Skip Towne
07-20-2008, 12:50 AM
Seriously, you don't understand the attraction of fiction?

Depends on how fantastic it is. I need believable.

teedubya
07-20-2008, 12:51 AM
I believe that super blockbuster, "must-see" movies have subliminal messages in them and make us do dumb shit like root for the Chiefs for multiple decades and shit.

Total mind****s, people. It's not right. I tell you, it just ain't right.

Hammock Parties
07-20-2008, 12:51 AM
Depends on how fantastic it is. I need believable.

Dark Knight opens with a bank heist. The robbers wear clown masks and use guns. One of the bank employees opens up with a shotgun.

The bad guys get away with the money in a school bus - pretty ingenious, actually, they blend right in with the other school buses taking kids home.

Then it cuts to Batman busting up a drug deal.

teedubya
07-20-2008, 12:54 AM
As I just told you, I walked out of about 100 movies in 13 months. I wouldn't watch that Dark Knight movie if it were on free TV. I'm not at all interested. I just can't see the attraction at all why it is all the rage.

seems to me, that you need to complain to the movie theatre management, so that you can get some free movies. 100 free in 13 months, you mean you are paying for/watching 8 movies a month? I find that hard to believe... 2 movies a week?

*cough

Bullshit.