PDA

View Full Version : Life I'm about to be a dad!

Gonzo
07-20-2008, 05:20 PM
Well all, it's been a tough few days. My wife has been having contractions for about 59 hours and we've visited the hospital 3 times. She wouldn't dilate any so it looks like we are going to induce. They think the baby is turned the wrong way. (back labor) They gave her an epideral and she is finally getting some sleep.
They started the plutossin, (sp?) a few minutes ago which is like a fake hormone to induce labor.

After they sent us home yesterday she and I both thought the contractions were over for a while. I got up this a.m. and she was in tears. She had contractions for the entire night and didn't wake me up once. She decided I needed my sleep.

I hauled ass to the hospital again, this time I told them that if they were going to send us home I would take her to another hospital that will treat her. That got their attention and now it's all good.

I'm writing you all from her room while she's finally getting some sleep.

Excuse any typo's, im writing this from my cell.

I'll keep you all posted. Your thoughts are appreciated. :)

Edit:
We're one year old today. see post 45.

Fire Me Boy!
07-20-2008, 05:22 PM
Best of luck, Gonzo.

Phobia
07-20-2008, 05:23 PM
Good luck, bud. The fun is just beginning.

badgirl
07-20-2008, 05:24 PM
Congrats, and very best wishes. :toast:

Sully
07-20-2008, 05:24 PM
I've got 7 or 8 weeks. getting scared.
Good luck to you guys.

smittysbar
07-20-2008, 05:35 PM
Good luck, kids make life great!

07-20-2008, 05:40 PM
Congrats man!

JuicesFlowing
07-20-2008, 05:44 PM
You are about to experience the most memorable moment in your life. Enjoy it, and congratulations ...

Buehler445
Congrats and best wishes bigmanPosted via Mobile Device

Skip Towne

What are you in for?

Iowanian
07-20-2008, 05:46 PM
Congratulations. Enjoy your last night's sleep.

I've been getting barfed and shat on by 2 little girls since friday, and now the bride is sick and I'm mr mom.

JuicesFlowing
07-20-2008, 05:51 PM
Congratulations. Enjoy your last night's sleep.

I've been getting barfed and shat on by 2 little girls since friday, and now the bride is sick and I'm mr mom.

I haven't had a good night's sleep for 15 months.

Hydrae
07-20-2008, 05:55 PM
You are about to experience the most memorable moment in your life. Enjoy it, and congratulations ...

Could not put it any better. What will be happening in the next few hours (hopefully) will literally change your life and you have no way of knowing how until it happens. There is no way to describe the birth of your first.

Congrats to you and the one doing the work!

luv
07-20-2008, 06:02 PM
Congrats!

Pablo
07-20-2008, 06:13 PM
Congrats...hope it all goes well. We had a baby boy just about 4 months ago, and she had to be induced as well. Ended up taking 2 doses and 20 hours.

She got the inducing medicine around 10 a.m, an epidural around 5 p.m., because she was "getting close", then two more epidurals before having our baby at 6 a.m. the next morning.

Be patient. And don't mind all the "no sleep" crowd, you might get very, very lucky like I did. My son will sleep a solid 8-10 hours a night. It could happen for you as well.

And yeah, it is the best thing that will ever happen, it's absolutely awesome. Congrats again.

Coach
07-20-2008, 06:27 PM
Congrats.

Gonzo
07-20-2008, 07:01 PM
Well shit. They were going to come in and break her water for her but the boy had other ideas. He decided to do it himself. It's go time! She is dialated to 3 now. A hald hour ago she was at 1. I'll keep you all posted.

milkman
07-20-2008, 07:02 PM
Good lord, they'll let just anybody procreate!

congrats

StcChief
07-20-2008, 07:16 PM
congrats...

glad it's you and not me.

Rain Man
07-20-2008, 07:44 PM
Congratulations, unless of course it's a false alarm. And then I'll pull my congratulations so they don't get stale.

Skip Towne
07-20-2008, 08:00 PM
Good lord, they'll let just anybody procreate!

congrats

That really needs looked into.

Gonzo
07-20-2008, 09:37 PM
We're at 4 c.m. now. She's praising the beauty of drugs right now. Contractions are 2 minutes apart and it looks like we'll be done around 0300 if all goes as planned.

teedubya
07-20-2008, 09:40 PM
you are about to experience the emotion of true love. COngrats.

Gonzo
07-21-2008, 12:37 AM
I'm exhausted! Every damn time I'm about to doze off the nurse comes in and she's kinda loud. The wifes at 6 c.m. now and doing well. Check back soon.

DaneMcCloud
07-21-2008, 01:00 AM
I'm exhausted! Every damn time I'm about to doze off the nurse comes in and she's kinda loud. The wifes at 6 c.m. now and doing well. Check back soon.

Wow, congrats! But that's got to brutal. Hang in there!

My wife and I just had our first child in April. My wife's water broke at 2am, we left for Cedars-Sinai Hospital, checked in and got her room ready. At 3:30, the doctor on staff told us to take a nap.

Our doc showed up at 6:00am. He woke us up, told me to hold my wife's left leg (the nurse was holding her right leg) and asked her to push.

Our daughter was born at 6:09am.

Nothing to it!

Good luck to you and yours.

PhillyChiefFan
07-21-2008, 07:04 AM
Congrats man, thats great to hear!!

Pennywise
07-21-2008, 08:49 AM
Congrats.

But just remember...

Rain Man
07-21-2008, 08:53 AM

Don't worry about it. There'll be plenty of time to catch up on your sleep once the baby is home.

Gonzo
07-21-2008, 09:26 PM
Well, here's my boy. His name is Hunter, he is 7 lbs. 14 oz. 21 inches long and was born at 05:55 this morning. My wife had contractions since Friday morning.

He is my 1st born and will likely be my only. :)

Frazod
07-21-2008, 09:29 PM
Congratulations. :toast:

Say hello to shitty diapers, and goodbye to sleep!

ClevelandBronco
07-21-2008, 09:33 PM
Good stuff, Gonzo. Congratulations.

Gonzo
07-21-2008, 09:33 PM
Congratulations. :toast:

Say hello to shitty diapers, and goodbye to sleep!

I'm used to not sleeping anyway. It's worth it. I can say that already.

Joie
07-21-2008, 09:47 PM
Congratulations

DaneMcCloud
07-21-2008, 09:59 PM
Congrats, Dude!

If you haven't seen it, rent or buy the DVD "The Happiest Baby on the Block" by Dr. Harvey Karp.

It's a lifesaver.

ChiefsFanatic
07-21-2008, 10:14 PM
Well all, it's been a tough few days. My wife has been having contractions for about 59 hours and we've visited the hospital 3 times. She wouldn't dilate any so it looks like we are going to induce. They think the baby is turned the wrong way. (back labor) They gave her an epideral and she is finally getting some sleep.
They started the plutossin, (sp?) a few minutes ago which is like a fake hormone to induce labor.

After they sent us home yesterday she and I both thought the contractions were over for a while. I got up this a.m. and she was in tears. She had contractions for the entire night and didn't wake me up once. She decided I needed my sleep.

I hauled ass to the hospital again, this time I told them that if they were going to send us home I would take her to another hospital that will treat her. That got their attention and now it's all good.

Congrats! :clap:

chiefs1111
07-21-2008, 10:30 PM
good luck to you!

FAX
07-21-2008, 10:30 PM
Congratulations, Mr. Gonzo. I shall send a series of intense mental frequencies of good health and happiness into the ethers on behalf of you and your family.

FAX

Fairplay
07-21-2008, 10:34 PM
Hes a cute little thing. Congrats bro.

joanna521
07-21-2008, 11:08 PM
Congrats...

Pablo
07-21-2008, 11:11 PM
Congratulations.

He'll be huge in no time. Cherish every day, babies grow and change at a ridiculous rate. I read somewhere once that if human beings continued their growth rate from their 1st year of life until we were full grown, we'd be the size of blue whales. Pretty crazy stuff. He's already got a ton of hair too.

My boy was 7 lbs. 13 oz. and 21 inches, and at 4 months he's 16+ lbs and 24 inches. They just get big so fast.

Gonzo
07-21-2008, 11:12 PM
Congratulations, Mr. Gonzo. I shall send a series of intense mental frequencies of good health and happiness into the ethers on behalf of you and your family.

FAX

Thank you all for the kind thoughts. I'm going to go get some well deserved sleep!

Nightfyre
07-21-2008, 11:12 PM
Thank you all for the kind thoughts. I'm going to go get some well deserved sleep!

Thats what he thinks... *snickers*

Over-Head
07-22-2008, 02:55 AM
CONGRATS!

Be prepared for no sleep, but a shit load of fun!!

they go from sleeping all the time to never seeming tired and learning how to climb up onto ANYTHING , and waking up at 5am EVERY DAY inside 18 months.

Have fun! :thumb:

Life as you know it is over(heaps more responsibility now), but it's only gonna get better.
And for some mystical reason, nothing will realy bother you anymore, ya kinda adopt the "who fuggen cares attitude" as long as the little fela is healthy and happy

R&GHomer
07-22-2008, 09:05 AM
Congrats, Man!

Gonzo
07-21-2009, 09:04 AM
Well,
I thought I would bump this. The little man turned one today. He's 23 lbs and said Dada a week ago for the first time.

Jilly
07-21-2009, 09:14 AM
Well,
I thought I would bump this. The little man turned one today. He's 23 lbs and said Dada a week ago for the first time.

Happy birthday little one!!!! My kid is bigger than yours....and she's 10 months tomorrow!! She said mama last night in a fit of rage and hasn't said it since.

Otter
07-21-2009, 09:15 AM
Didn't you just have her mowing the lawn the other day?

Does she have a sister?

EDIT: should have checked date :D

The Bad Guy
07-21-2009, 09:15 AM
My wife is in her 38th week now. We went to the doctor and he said it's going to be anyday now.

Congratulations. I can't wait for the moment I can hold my little guy.

ChiTown
07-21-2009, 09:17 AM
Well,

Cute pic, 'grats!

I miss having little ones around. Although my boys, at 11 & 8, are a helluvalot of fun.

It seems like you can't wait until they can speak, then you wish like hell that you'd never wanted that to happen. :D

Gonzo
07-21-2009, 09:17 AM
Happy birthday little one!!!! My kid is bigger than yours....and she's 10 months tomorrow!! She said mama last night in a fit of rage and hasn't said it since.

The boy said Mama a while back, we're not sure if it was just babbaling or not but he says it every now and again. On Sunday he wanted to get my attention so he yelled Dada as lound as he could. I almost pissed myself from laughing.

Your kid is bigger than 23 lbs at 10 months? What are you feeding her, weight gain 4000?

BEEFCAKE!

Crashride
07-21-2009, 09:18 AM
\m/ hope he stays out of trouble

Gonzo
07-21-2009, 09:20 AM
Didn't you just have her mowing the lawn the other day?

Does she have a sister?

EDIT: should have checked date :D

Yeah...

I'll edit that.

Jilly
07-21-2009, 09:22 AM
The boy said Mama a while back, we're not sure if it was just babbaling or not but he says it every now and again. On Sunday he wanted to get my attention so he yelled Dada as lound as he could. I almost pissed myself from laughing.

Your kid is bigger than 23 lbs at 10 months? What are you feeding her, weight gain 4000?

BEEFCAKE!

There's no doubt she's a little chunky monkey!!!

Gonzo
07-21-2009, 09:25 AM
There's no doubt she's a little chunky monkey!!!

Holy shit!
:eek:

That kid is huge. My boy is in the 85th percentile. She bust be in the 99th.

The Franchise
07-21-2009, 09:26 AM
Awesome kid Gonzo!

Jilly
07-21-2009, 09:28 AM
Holy shit!
:eek:

That kid is huge. My boy is in the 85th percentile. She bust be in the 99th.

She is....but she's so darn cute, as is your boy. Very very cute. Perhaps they can have a future together!!! LOL! Is he walking?

Katipan
07-21-2009, 09:31 AM
Is he walking?

Is that a requirement?

Geez. Already a shallow MIL.

Jilly
07-21-2009, 09:37 AM
Is that a requirement?

Geez. Already a shallow MIL.

I was just curious....I LOVE talking about babies.

Katipan
07-21-2009, 09:41 AM
I was just curious....I LOVE talking about babies.

Me too. Except if I talk too long I end up pregnant. Which would suit the b/f but my babies need a few years adjustment I would think.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-21-2009, 09:42 AM
Happy B-Day to Hunter!

And piss on Herm!

ziggysocki
07-21-2009, 09:44 AM
Congrats man... appreciate it now, it goes by FAST! My little rascal turns 11 in 2 weeks!

Gonzo
07-21-2009, 11:24 AM
She is....but she's so darn cute, as is your boy. Very very cute. Perhaps they can have a future together!!! LOL! Is he walking?

Not walking yet but he does pick himself up and shuffles from side to side.
He'll be walking a few weeks from now I'm sure.

ChiTown
07-21-2009, 11:33 AM

Heh.

My oldest son was off and running by the time he hit 10 months. He was a tall, skinny booger. My youngest was all too happy to just roll around on the floor and have his older brother bring him what he wanted. Dude was an absolute Butterball. He didn't start walking until 15 months. ROFL

Mr. Flopnuts
07-21-2009, 01:41 PM
Well,

Not everyone gets a cute baby, regardless of what people tell you. It's just a cold fact of life. The good news is, yours is really adorable.

Gonzo
07-21-2009, 01:42 PM
Not everyone gets a cute baby, regardless of what people tell you. It's just a cold fact of life. The good news is, yours is really adorable.

Tell me about it.

And thanks.

FAX
07-21-2009, 01:55 PM

Wow. If that's not the truth, Mr. Mr. Flopnuts.

My brother-in-law married a woman who went missing while they were handing out face parts and had to settle for whatever they could throw together at the last minute. I'm guessing he married her for her personality.

Anyhow, their second child was the ugliest damn baby I've ever seen. For a while, the doctors thought there was something wrong with it, but it was just a severe case of Damn That's Ugly.

He kind of looked like a cross between a troll and a bald monkey with a real tiny nose. Little old ladies would peek into his stroller at the mall (as they are wont to do), then recoil in horror placing one hand on their heart and the other over their face. Some would make the sign of the cross. That little guy brought a lot of lost souls back to God.

The thing is that he grew up to be an extremely smart, pleasant, and reasonably good-looking young man. So, I guess you never know.

FAX

Mr. Flopnuts
07-21-2009, 02:03 PM
Wow. If that's not the truth, Mr. Mr. Flopnuts.

My brother-in-law married a woman who went missing while they were handing out face parts and had to settle for whatever they could throw together at the last minute. I'm guessing he married her for her personality.

Anyhow, their second child was the ugliest damn baby I've ever seen. For a while, the doctors thought there was something wrong with it, but it was just a severe case of Damn That's Ugly.

He kind of looked like a cross between a troll and a bald monkey with a real tiny nose. Little old ladies would peek into his stroller at the mall (as they are wont to do), then recoil in horror placing one hand on their heart and the other over their face. Some would make the sign of the cross. That little guy brought a lot of lost souls back to God.

The thing is that he grew up to be an extremely smart, pleasant, and reasonably good-looking young man. So, I guess you never know.

FAX

It goes the opposite as well Mr. Fax. Cute babies turn into full blown uglo-americans before the age of 25. It has to be some cruel twist of physics fate.

While your entire post is full of win, I'd like you to know that I'll be using the "severe case of DAMN, THAT'S UGLY" line.

Demonpenz
07-21-2009, 02:04 PM
newphew

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-21-2009, 02:05 PM
It goes the opposite as well Mr. Fax. Cute babies turn into full blown uglo-americans before the age of 25. It has to be some cruel twist of physics fate.

While your entire post is full of win, I'd like you to know that I'll be using the "severe case of DAMN, THAT'S UGLY" line.

That's just coconutus.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-21-2009, 02:13 PM
That's just coconutus.

REP!!!!! For the word of the day.

Jilly
07-21-2009, 02:16 PM
newphew

how old is this kid? cuz that is a lot of hair!

stumppy
07-21-2009, 02:29 PM

Ah yes, the walking around 3 foot danger zone age. I remember those days well when mine were that age. There was a time when all three of mine were under 4 yrs old. I was single and had custody of them. Many times I would think to myself about how much easier it would be to take care of them when they got older. ROFL I have never been so wrong in my entire life.

Anyways, Happy Birthday to the little guy. Enjoy him at this age while you can. Before you know it he'll be asking for the keys to the car and telling you when he'll be back.

Lumpy
07-21-2009, 03:38 PM
I'm pretty sure he gets his good looks from Mr. Gonzo. ;)

Thx for all the kind words guys!

Mr. Flopnuts
07-21-2009, 03:46 PM
I'm pretty sure he gets his good looks from Mr. Gonzo. ;)

Thx for all the kind words guys!

No shit? I had no idea Gonzo was your husband. Congrats on a cute kid.

Demonpenz
07-21-2009, 03:47 PM
how old is this kid? cuz that is a lot of hair!

I don't know, i just googled ugly babies red hair and that came up

Lumpy
07-21-2009, 03:50 PM

Well, damn, I thought it was obvious. :D

Thx! He is a handsome little man.

ChiTown
07-21-2009, 03:50 PM
I don't know, i just googled ugly babies red hair and that came up

ROFL

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-21-2009, 03:53 PM

Neither did I.

WTF, people??? DETAILS! And congrats!

oldassedman
07-21-2009, 04:00 PM

Edit:
We're one year old today. see post 45.

that's great, sonny!

Fritz88
07-21-2009, 04:28 PM
Well,

That's one little angel to die for. I wish you all the best. You deserve it fucker.

Gonzo
07-21-2009, 04:47 PM
Well, damn, I thought it was obvious. :D

Thx! He is a handsome little man.

I have no idea who this chick is.

Simply Red
07-21-2009, 04:49 PM

you're still having my children, right?

Gonzo
07-21-2009, 04:51 PM
you're still having my children, right?

What the hell has been up with you lately? Are you back on the sauce?

Simply Red
07-21-2009, 04:52 PM
What the hell has been up with you lately? Are you back on the sauce?

no

Gonzo
07-21-2009, 04:53 PM
no

OK, you better not be. You've been weirding me out more than normal.

I still love ya tho

Fritz88
07-21-2009, 04:55 PM
I still love ya tho

You guys make out? Can we see pics?

Gonzo
07-21-2009, 04:57 PM

No, I'm a one woman man. (Except in your case baby)

Gonzo
07-21-2009, 04:58 PM

Oh yeah, I forgot to call you a fuck face so...

You're a fuck face.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-21-2009, 05:00 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot to call you a fuck face so...

You're a fuck face.

LMAO

DeezNutz
07-21-2009, 05:06 PM

+1.

Who else around here is doing obscene things to each other? (ball placed on tee)

Halfcan
07-21-2009, 05:32 PM
Congrats and Best wishes!

Gonzo
07-21-2009, 05:47 PM
Congrats and Best wishes!
Thank you.
Posted via Mobile Device

FAX
07-21-2009, 06:10 PM
newphew

Poor little fella.

Oh well. I guess that will teach him not to stick his tongue in a light socket.

FAX

Lumpy
07-21-2009, 06:21 PM

:huh:

Buehler445
07-21-2009, 10:24 PM
Congrats Gonzo. You best enjoy the time now. They grow up FAST. Before you know it, you'll be paying out your ass for him to go to college :D

Jilly that is a huge kid. Do you have 28% milk? (Still cute though :) )