PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs PSA concerning the Chiefs Coalition BB/Website

BigRedChief
07-21-2008, 09:46 PM
The Chiefs Coalition website/BB was the victim of a hard drive failure on the disc that the site was hosted on.

They are trying to bring it back from the dead but its not looking good as I post this. They may have to start over from scratch. Just FYI.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-21-2008, 10:02 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

I've tried to join up over there a dozen times and no one will approve it. Finally I took the hint. Good luck getting your board back up.

ChiefsFanatic
07-21-2008, 10:14 PM
The Chiefs Coalition website/BB was the victim of a hard drive failure on the disc that the site was hosted on.

They are trying to bring it back from the dead but its not looking good as I post this. They may have to start over from scratch. Just FYI.

There is another Chiefs BB? No way.

Tribal Warfare
07-21-2008, 10:17 PM
There is another Chiefs BB? No way.

Yep, I'm a lifer here

Hammock Parties
07-21-2008, 10:19 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

I've tried to join up over there a dozen times and no one will approve it. Finally I took the hint. Good luck getting your board back up.

It's probably just a technical glitch.

Coalition isn't quite the planet but I've missed it. Made some friends over there.

Mecca
07-21-2008, 10:22 PM
Those people would probably hate me....wait isn't that here too?

ChiefsFanatic
07-21-2008, 10:25 PM

Some people..............:)

dirk digler
07-21-2008, 10:36 PM

Shit the season hasn't even started and you are already whining. This is going to be a long season.

Phobia
07-21-2008, 10:39 PM
I haven't been there in a long time. It got to be really, really slow. Even slower than my own site.

FAX
07-21-2008, 10:41 PM
Does that post come with violins? I hear a polyphonic composition with contrapuntal structure.

By the way, don't web sites like that do backups? Does ChiefsPlanet do backups?

FAX

Phobia
07-21-2008, 10:44 PM
Does that post come with violins? I hear a polyphonic composition with contrapuntal structure.

By the way, don't web sites like that do backups? Does ChiefsPlanet do backups?

FAX

Only if an IT guy is involved. Nobody else knows that hard drives fail. Industry secret, ya know?

FAX
07-21-2008, 10:47 PM
What is an "IT" guy, Mr. Phobia? No identifiable genitals?

FAX

Fairplay
07-21-2008, 10:47 PM
Made some friends over there.

Remember the lesson from Pinocchio, you shouldn't lie.

Phobia
07-21-2008, 10:57 PM
What is an "IT" guy, Mr. Phobia? No identifiable genitals?

FAX
I'm gonna give you a pass on this one. It was a pathetic effort. But considering so many of your posts are incredibly clever you can still be my little buddy.

FAX
07-21-2008, 10:58 PM
I'm gonna give you a pass on this one. It was a pathetic effort. But considering so many of your posts are incredibly clever you can still be my little buddy.

ROFL

And that was one of my favorite posts of all times.

FAX

DaFace
07-21-2008, 11:17 PM
Damn...that sucks. And they don't have a backup? I know Kyle backs this place up once every few months at least.

kcxiv
07-21-2008, 11:23 PM
I haven't been there in a long time. It got to be really, really slow. Even slower than my own site.

Same here, i used to visit there more then here, but it got hell of slow as you said. I haven't been there in a few weeks. I didnt even know it was down until BRC posted about it.

Hammock Parties
07-21-2008, 11:28 PM
Same here, i used to visit there more then here, but it got hell of slow as you said. I haven't been there in a few weeks. I didnt even know it was down until BRC posted about it.

I think it's always a little slow there during the offseason.

Bugeater
07-21-2008, 11:39 PM
Yes, now please shut the **** up.

BigRedChief
07-22-2008, 06:03 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

I've tried to join up over there a dozen times and no one will approve it. Finally I took the hint. Good luck getting your board back up.uhhhhhh its not my board. But I know for sure that its defintely personal with you. Something about your support for Kendrell Bell.;)

StcChief
07-22-2008, 06:21 AM
managing data on hard disc drives. Live and Die by golden rule...

your only as good as your last backup if failure occurs.....

in the real world. The guy running that lost his job.

Hope Chiefsplanet has backup failure accounted for (oh and has tested it)....

Phobia
07-22-2008, 07:02 AM
Man, if they really lost all that Phobia archive I'm gonna be upset. Sometimes I'll go back to my old posts for inspiration..... It's their loss. Now I'm gonna have to charge appearance fees and expenses to share the Phobia experience there. Times are changing.

ROYC75
07-22-2008, 07:26 AM
Man, if they really lost all that Phobia archive I'm gonna be upset. Sometimes I'll go back to my old posts for inspiration..... It's their loss. Now I'm gonna have to charge appearance fees and expenses to share the Phobia experience there. Times are changing.

But how can you top that record setting $ 500.00 you made from your last gig ? :hmmm:

Skip Towne
07-22-2008, 07:33 AM
Chiefs Coalition? Never heard of it.

gochiefsgo
07-22-2008, 07:55 AM
Thanks for posting this BRC..

GCG

BigRedChief
07-22-2008, 07:57 AM
Thanks for posting this BRC..

GCG
A few people are on the Chiefs Planet downtime server talking in a thread here:
http://z10.invisionfree.com/Downtime_CP/index.php?showtopic=209&st=0&#entry16508023

xen
07-22-2008, 07:57 AM
Chiefs Coalition? Never heard of it.

you wouldn't like it. they actually talk about the chiefs.

morphius
07-22-2008, 08:03 AM
I hope everything works out, doesn't sound like a lot of fun.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-22-2008, 08:16 AM
uhhhhhh its not my board. But I know for sure that its defintely personal with you. Something about your support for Kendrell Bell.;)

Hmm. Don't have any recollection of that. I know I've pissed a few people off over the last 3 years though. My style probably wouldn't mesh over there if that's the case. I've never had a hard time calling a spade, a spade. I thought you were part owner or something. I don't know what the hell is going on. I'm 2000 miles away for Christ's sake. :)

Mr. Arrowhead
07-22-2008, 08:22 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

same thing happened to me

DaFace
07-22-2008, 08:42 AM
A few people are on the Chiefs Planet downtime server talking in a thread here:
http://z10.invisionfree.com/Downtime_CP/index.php?showtopic=209&st=0&#entry16508023

Lol...how strange. I guess more power to you guys if you want to use that place. I'd give you admin privs there if you need them or anything.

As an alternative, we could put up a temporary "Coalition" forum here if it looks like you're going to be down for a while. The software on invisionfree is pretty crappy.

BigRedChief
07-22-2008, 09:00 AM
Lol...how strange. I guess more power to you guys if you want to use that place. I'd give you admin privs there if you need them or anything.

As an alternative, we could put up a temporary "Coalition" forum here if it looks like you're going to be down for a while. The software on invisionfree is pretty crappy.
Theres a rather large email thread going around. I thought a thread on a BB would be easier. Not a lot of traffic yet.

BigRedChief
07-22-2008, 09:02 AM
Hmm. Don't have any recollection of that. I know I've pissed a few people off over the last 3 years though. My style probably wouldn't mesh over there if that's the case. I've never had a hard time calling a spade, a spade. I thought you were part owner or something. I don't know what the hell is going on. I'm 2000 miles away for Christ's sake. :)
Dude I was joking.

98% of the people here wouldn't fit in over there. Your not alone. And 98% of the Coalition posters wouldn't fit in here. Totally different approaches

DaFace
07-22-2008, 09:20 AM
Theres a rather large email thread going around. I thought a thread on a BB would be easier. Not a lot of traffic yet.

Gotcha. Well, just let me know if there's anything I can do to help out.

xen
07-22-2008, 10:05 AM
thanks for letting us hijack your board fellas.

Mecca
07-22-2008, 11:14 AM
Shit the season hasn't even started and you are already whining. This is going to be a long season.

Some of you guys need to realize when I'm not being overly serious....

kcchuck
07-22-2008, 12:03 PM
Thanks BRC, I was wondering what happened.

FAX
07-22-2008, 12:10 PM
thanks for letting us hijack your board fellas.

So far as I'm concerned, you're more than welcome, Mr. xen. I have no problem with the hi, but if you don't mind, take it a little easy on the jack part. At least in public and stuff.

FAX

xen
07-22-2008, 01:03 PM
So far as I'm concerned, you're more than welcome, Mr. xen. I have no problem with the hi, but if you don't mind, take it a little easy on the jack part. At least in public and stuff.

FAX
sorry, i was high when i posted that. cocaine is a hell of a drug.

BigRedChief
07-22-2008, 01:18 PM
I've created a new forum on the board labled "Chiefs Coalition FEMA Trailer". It's located here: http://z10.invisionfree.com/Downtime_CP/index.php?showforum=8 (http://z10.invisionfree.com/Downtime_CP/index.php?showforum=8)

Xen is the new head honcho/mod/admin of the forum. You volunteered right?

Buehler445
07-22-2008, 01:19 PM
Some of you guys need to realize when I'm not being overly serious....

You need to get a darth vader smiley to post on the comments that aren't serious. That would fit your posting quite well.

Posted via Mobile Device

Valiant
07-22-2008, 01:54 PM
I've created a new forum on the board labled "Chiefs Coalition FEMA Trailer". It's located here: http://z10.invisionfree.com/Downtime_CP/index.php?showforum=8 (http://z10.invisionfree.com/Downtime_CP/index.php?showforum=8)

Xen is the new head honcho/mod/admin of the forum. You volunteered right?

Ask Xen if he knows what B.D.U. means for me.. And not the military term..

Silock
07-22-2008, 03:39 PM
Well, at least we can say "****" over at Chiefscoalition :)

BigRedChief
07-23-2008, 06:46 AM
The Coalition is back up. Everything was lost so its a new site basically.
Here's the location:
http://www.chiefscoalition.com/Forums/index.php?act=idx

What the hell happened?
From the admin(Bosskiller)
We had our hard drives fail during a backup. That backup was overrighting the stored backup so in the end we lost everything.

kepp
07-23-2008, 07:13 AM
The Coalition is back up. Everything was lost so its a new site basically.
Here's the location:
http://www.chiefscoalition.com/Forums/index.php?act=idx

What the hell happened?
From the admin(Bosskiller)
We had our hard drives fail during a backup. That backup was overrighting the stored backup so in the end we lost everything.

Ouch. So I'll need to recreate my user acct?

milkman
07-23-2008, 07:44 AM
So it's a start over?

That mean we have to register, and if so, where the hell is the registration?

BigRedChief
07-23-2008, 08:04 AM
So it's a start over?

just try to reply to a post and it will pop up.

Old Dog
07-23-2008, 08:31 AM

it didn't for me

milkman
07-23-2008, 08:41 AM

Well, I didn't get a registration pop up.

It let me respond once as a guest.

BigRedChief
07-23-2008, 09:12 AM
Well, I didn't get a registration pop up.

It let me respond once as a guest.
Take your questions to the board instead of here.

milkman
07-23-2008, 09:58 AM
Take your questions to the board instead of here.

How?

It allowed me to post one time as a guest, after that, I couldn't post again.

penguinz
07-23-2008, 10:05 AM
So it's a start over?

http://www.chiefscoalition.com/Forums/index.php?act=Reg&CODE=00

FAX
07-23-2008, 10:13 AM
It's a trick, Mr. milkman.

FAX

BigRedChief
07-23-2008, 10:37 AM
How?

It allowed me to post one time as a guest, after that, I couldn't post again.
Dude, you have to respond to the email.