PDA

View Full Version : Football Chase Daniels and the NFL?

penguinz
07-22-2008, 11:40 AM
What do you think his prospects are. Klinkscale (sp?) said when he interviewed him he had to be about 6'1" now.

HC_Chief
07-22-2008, 11:42 AM
Solid.

Mecca
07-22-2008, 11:43 AM
I'd be surprised if he's that tall, but if he is it may get him drafted in the middle rounds instead of being a late pick or UDFA.

HC_Chief
07-22-2008, 11:47 AM
I'd be surprised if he's that tall, but if he is it may get him drafted in the middle rounds instead of being a late pick or UDFA.

:spock:
UDFA? The guy is a Heisman front runner. I effing HATE MU but I know talent when I see it. The guy can play. He runs a very complicated offense and does a great job of it. That translates well to the NFL.

Mecca
07-22-2008, 11:52 AM
UDFA? The guy is a Heisman front runner. I effing HATE MU but I know talent when I see it. The guy can play. He runs a very complicated offense and does a great job of it. That translates well to the NFL.

Um he's in the spread option a very non NFL friendly college scheme, I don't care how complicated it is, he's in the shotgun every play, it's not pro style. He's short, his arm isn't that great...

If he measures at 5'11 or something like that he has nothing that translates to being an NFL QB, nothing, that is why I said UDFA. He'd probably get picked but it'd be late, I don't care if he wins the Heisman you have to have a skillset that translates.

He isn't even playing in a system that makes him NFL ready.

HC_Chief
07-22-2008, 11:56 AM
Um he's in the spread option a very non NFL friendly college scheme, I don't care how complicated it is, he's in the shotgun every play, it's not pro style. He's short, his arm isn't that great...

If he measures at 5'11 or something like that he has nothing that translates to being an NFL QB, nothing, that is why I said UDFA. He'd probably get picked but it'd be late, I don't care if he wins the Heisman you have to have a skillset that translates.

He isn't even playing in a system that makes him NFL ready.

I disagree. The spread formation is simple but the reads, audibles, and at-the-line changes are quite complex.

markk
07-22-2008, 11:57 AM
He's about 6 feet.

I'm sure he will get a chance somewhere, but I doubt he has the size to make it.

markk
07-22-2008, 11:57 AM
and by the way it's not "danielS"

HC_Chief
07-22-2008, 11:58 AM
and by the way it's not "danielS"

Actually, it's Chase "booger" Daniel.

bkkcoh
07-22-2008, 11:59 AM
Not saying that he will be a great pro or even a good pro, but he does seem to have it as Pinkel says. There have been a lot of qb's like that in the pros who seem to manage to be there for a while.

I would some what disagree with the fact that he doesn't have a great arm, I think the variety types of throws he can make is quite impressive.

I do admit that I am a little biased because of being an MU fan, but he by far is the best qb that has ever gone to MU and played football.

Mecca
07-22-2008, 12:00 PM
I disagree. The spread formation is simple but the reads, audibles, and at-the-line changes are quite complex.

Ask Vince Young and Alex Smith what the spread set them up for.......it's not an NFL friendly system and in no way preps them....they have to learn how to take under center snaps...

More and more college teams running that offense hurts QB development for the pro game, actually it hurts development of nearly every offensive position.

HC_Chief
07-22-2008, 12:05 PM
Ask Vince Young and Alex Smith what the spread set them up for.......it's not an NFL friendly system and in no way preps them....they have to learn how to take under center snaps...

More and more college teams running that offense hurts QB development for the pro game, actually it hurts development of nearly every offensive position.

Heh, Vince Young can barely spell his own name.

Alex Smith was thrown to the effing wolves in SF. That team has problems all over the place. I would expect anyone other than Montana, Elway, Brady, and P Manning to struggle in that environment. Besides, he's all of three seasons into the NFL?

I do agree that QBs need to learn to take under-center snaps. No denying that fact. What you seem to overlook however is the ability booger eater shows at reading a D and changing the play accordingly. He did a very good job of it last season.

Skip Towne
07-22-2008, 12:21 PM

Alex Smith was thrown to the effing wolves in SF. That team has problems all over the place. I would expect anyone other than Montana, Elway, Brady, and P Manning to struggle in that environment. Besides, he's all of three seasons into the NFL?

I do agree that QBs need to learn to take under-center snaps. No denying that fact. What you seem to overlook however is the ability booger eater shows at reading a D and changing the play accordingly. He did a very good job of it last season.

Somebody needs to post a pic of him eating that booger.

CoMoChief
07-22-2008, 12:23 PM
What do you think his prospects are. Klinkscale (sp?) said when he interviewed him he had to be about 6'1" now.

Great accuracy
Not too bad of an arm
He has field smarts though he is a system QB and has only played in a spread offense his whole life

He is NOT over 6ft tall. I see him almost on a weekly basis and he's 5'10 at the most. And thats with shoes on.

He'll be a late round pick. Hell if Grossman can start in this league so can Chase Daniel.

alanm
07-22-2008, 12:26 PM
To play pro ball he has to play under center. Shotgun QB's that run a spread don't translate well to the NFL. Their the new age Option QB's.

POND_OF_RED
07-22-2008, 12:28 PM
4th round Hall of Famer. :bong::mizzou::homer:

alanm
07-22-2008, 12:28 PM

He's reading the D from 5 yrds. back. Not from under center.

keg in kc
07-22-2008, 12:30 PM
I see him almost on a weekly basis and he's 5'10 at the most. And thats with shoes on.Good thing you mentioned the shoes. Wouldn't want to give everybody the wrong idea.

NTTAWWT

penguinz
07-22-2008, 12:31 PM
and by the way it's not "danielS"btw.. you are a fuqtard so go away.

penguinz
07-22-2008, 12:33 PM
Great accuracy
He is NOT over 6ft tall. I see him almost on a weekly basis and he's 5'10 at the most. And thats with shoes on.
Klinkscale said he is 5'11" and Chase was taller than him. he guessed at about 6'1".

|Zach|
07-22-2008, 12:34 PM
I would be shocked if he did anything in the NFL.

Dartgod
07-22-2008, 12:38 PM
UDFA? The guy is a Heisman front runner.
Because we all know that Heisman Trophy Winner = NFL success

Frazod
07-22-2008, 12:40 PM
I would be shocked if he did anything in the NFL.

Sure would be nice if the Chiefs drafted him and he led us to a Super Bowl, but I won't hold my breath.

Pablo
07-22-2008, 12:40 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=4707849#post4707849

CoMoChief
07-22-2008, 12:42 PM
Klinkscale said he is 5'11" and Chase was taller than him. he guessed at about 6'1".

I'm 6'3 and I see this guy out all the time and probably comes up to my nose level at the most. He is NOT 6ft tall.

CoMoChief
07-22-2008, 12:43 PM
Good thing you mentioned the shoes. Wouldn't want to give everybody the wrong idea.

NTTAWWT

yeah i wouldn't want anyone to think that we both were naked together :eek:

kcchiefsus
07-22-2008, 12:52 PM

The spread set Young up for a 17-11 record as a starter, the pro bowl as a rookie, and a playoff trip in his 2nd season.

Buehler445
07-22-2008, 12:54 PM
He is a lot like Chris Leak. Short, accurate and a good leader. I thought he would get more of a shot in the NFL, but I think he went to Canada. Could be wrong though. That would be my guess for Daniel also. Posted via Mobile Device

Frazod
07-22-2008, 12:57 PM
He is a lot like Chris Leak. Short, accurate and a good leader. I thought he would get more of a shot in the NFL, but I think he went to Canada. Could be wrong though. That would be my guess for Daniel also. Posted via Mobile Device

If I was betting on his future this is probably where I'd put my money.

markk
07-22-2008, 01:02 PM
btw.. you are a fuqtard so go away.

i'm not the one talking about a player when I don't even know what their name is.

penguinz
07-22-2008, 01:05 PM
i'm not the one talking about a player when I don't even know what their name is.
I have seen your other posts and they were worthless.

Deberg_1990
07-22-2008, 01:13 PM
Hes the next Michael Bishop. I see a fine future for him in the CFL or AFL.

markk
07-22-2008, 01:15 PM
I have seen your other posts and they were worthless.

so why not use the ignore feature dikwad?

Chief Chief
07-22-2008, 01:19 PM
If you check out the listed height(s) of any NFL player(s) you have stood (or will stand) near, you'll find it/them to be exaggerated. For example, I'm nearly 6' 2" and stood at arms distance in front of Jared Allen at last year's training camp's Family Fun Day. The ground we were standing on was at equal level and our eyes were at the same level. Yet he is listed at 6' 6" which might be accurate if he was measured while standing on his tippy-toes. So, if Chase Daniel ever makes it to an NFL training camp, remember to check out his "official" listed height and then have a good laugh.

bkkcoh
07-22-2008, 01:20 PM
Hes the next Michael Bishop. I see a fine future for him in the CFL or AFL.
link (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Bishop_(football_player)#Canadian_Football_League_career)

[edit] Canadian Football League career
In 2002, Bishop was traded from the Calgary Stampeders (who owned his CFL rights) to the Toronto Argonauts along with two 2002 late round draft picks for Michel Dupuis, a 2003 first-round CFL draft pick, and a conditional 2003 CFL draft pick. Bishop had some brief stints as a starting quarterback with the Argonauts, but was predominantly a backup. Between 2002-2005, he completed 206-of-446 passes for 3,192 yards, 17 touchdowns and 32 interceptions for a quarterback rating of 53.2. He also rushed for 768 yards and 7 touchdowns.

In 2003, Bishop was put in with just seconds left in a playoff game against the Montreal Alouettes. Since the Argos were not within field goal range, he was to throw a Hail Mary pass in hope of a miracle. He did not receive his miracle but, he was seen throwing the ball approximately 90 yards down the field, thus showing he has one of the strongest arms in professional football.

With his propensity for throwing more interceptions than touchdown passes and an inclination to run with the football, his quarterback intelligence came into question by many CFL fans. Despite the criticism, he performed satisfactorily while Damon Allen was injured during the 2004 CFL season and helped the Boatmen win the 92nd Grey Cup championship that season.

On April 21, 2006, the Argonauts released Bishop only to re-acquire him four months later on August 11, more than halfway into the season]. During that season, the bulk of Bishop's playing time involved being inserted into the game exclusively during short yardage situations. During the 2006 East Division semi-final, however, Bishop came in to replace Damon Allen late in the 4th quarter and heroically threw two spectacular touchdown passes to Arland Bruce III and R. Jay Soward, propelling the Argonauts to the East Division Final.

In the 2006 Eastern Final against the Montreal Alouettes, Bishop again found himself replacing the struggling Damon Allen in the 3rd quarter. Down 23-3, Bishop threw touchdown passes to Arland Bruce III and Michael Palmer, and was able to guide the Argonauts to within a touchdown of the comeback, however the Argonauts fell short, losing 33-24. Bishop's play in the playoffs has led some to believe that he may have finally turned the corner in his CFL career.

During the offseason, it was learned that the Arena Football League's schedule had been shifted later into the year, thereby creating an overlap of the AFL's post-season with the CFL's training camp period. With Bishop signed to an AFL team, there were concerns throughout the CFL's offseason about whether or not he would report to the Argonauts' 2007 training camp. However on May 14, 2007, Bishop returned to Toronto and participated in an informal workout with some of his Argonauts teammates at the University of Toronto at Mississauga after being placed on the exempt list by his AFL team, the Grand Rapids Rampage for the purpose of quitting the team.[6]

Bishop backed up Damon Allen in the Argonaut's week one loss to the B.C. Lions and came into the game in the fourth quarter throwing a touchdown to Michael Palmer and having another touchdown to Andre Talbot called back due to a penalty. Bishop's performance and Allen's struggles led to Bishop being named the week two starter for the Argonauts against the Hamilton Tiger-Cats on July 7, 2007 marking his first start since November, 2005. Bishop threw three touchdown passes to power the Argos to a lopsided 30-5 win over the Hamilton Tiger-Cats. In a July 12, 2007 game against the Calgary Stampeders, while enjoying a second straight solid start, Bishop fractured his distal radius while being tackled on a run to the Stampeders' one-yard line and was scheduled to miss 6-8 weeks of action.[7]

The Argonauts went 0-6 with Bishop out of the lineup, however since his return the Argos went 9-1 and finished in first place in the CFL's Eastern Division. Bishop finished the 2007 regular season with 2,920 passing yards, 22 touchdowns and 11 interceptions.

Bishop led the Toronto Argonauts into the 2007 CFL Eastern Division final where they were defeated 19-9 by the Winnipeg Blue Bombers. Bishop completed under 50 percent of his passes and while he did throw for over 300 passing yards, he also failed to connect on multiple passes in crunch time. He went 9-1 as a starter in the regular season.

Looks like a brilliant career so far, I would hope Chase would do better then that.....

blueballs
07-22-2008, 01:25 PM
wouldn't take much for him to be better than Matt Leinart

Pitt Gorilla
07-22-2008, 01:37 PM
I don't know if he'll make it and I doubt he will be drafted before a late round. However, he's about the same size as Drew Brees and has at least as good of an arm.

Stewie
07-22-2008, 01:51 PM
Can he speak Canadian?

bkkcoh
07-22-2008, 01:52 PM
Can he speak Canadian?

Ay!

HC_Chief
07-22-2008, 01:55 PM
Can he speak Canadian?

I'm not your friend, budday!
I'm not your budday, guy!
I'm not your guy, friend!

I'll give you something to cry aboot!

beavis
07-22-2008, 01:58 PM
He's short, his arm isn't that great...

You lose all credibility with at this point.

Pitt Gorilla
07-22-2008, 02:00 PM
Not really related, but have any of you checked out HuskerHater's blog? It's one of the funniest college football blogs (usually NU focused) I've read. The guy is truly talented.

http://ajthoughts.blogspot.com/

SPATCH
07-22-2008, 02:02 PM
because it looks like it is going to be a weak quarterback class next season, he's a got a better than decent shot of getting drafted... i've always projected him as a UDFA that would be lucky to back-up for 4-5 years in the NFL...

but if he truly has grown and he is over 6 feet when draft time rolls around he is going to shoot way up on people's draft boards...

some people in this thread have said that he has a weak arm. really? have you watched him? he can throw it DEEEEEEP. and he's an incredible touch passer. very accurate. his arm is fine. then there's all the intangibles that we've been talking about...

the only thing that will scare NFL scouts off is that he is a system quarterback... that is, of course, if he really is over 6 feet tall

Valiant
07-22-2008, 02:03 PM
I'm 6'3 and I see this guy out all the time and probably comes up to my nose level at the most. He is NOT 6ft tall.

I see lots of NFL players that are much shorter then their profile states..

Mizzou_8541
07-22-2008, 02:43 PM
He's reading the D from 5 yrds. back. Not from under center.

He can't read defenses as good as Joe Ganz, I'm sure.;)

KCrockaholic
07-22-2008, 03:14 PM
ive always said the height thing is overhyped. Chase Daniel and Drew Brees are alot alike. Brees with Purdue ran the shotgun offense nearly every down, just like Daniel. Brees is only 6'0. Has great accuracy, nice touch, and good power. Much like Daniel. show me why Chase Daniel CANT be a good NFL QB? his system offense? Purdue's offense with Brees was just like Mizzou's. Now Brees is a pro-bowler. Daniel is one of the smartest QB's ive seen in college football. hes a student of the game, and is only improving.

BTW with so many NFL teams using the spread offense more as a base formation, Daniel could fit with any of thoughs teams.

Bowser
07-22-2008, 03:17 PM
Think he's better than Matt Blundin or Pat Barnes?

CoMoChief
07-22-2008, 04:26 PM
ive always said the height thing is overhyped. Chase Daniel and Drew Brees are alot alike. Brees with Purdue ran the shotgun offense nearly every down, just like Daniel. Brees is only 6'0. Has great accuracy, nice touch, and good power. Much like Daniel. show me why Chase Daniel CANT be a good NFL QB? his system offense? Purdue's offense with Brees was just like Mizzou's. Now Brees is a pro-bowler. Daniel is one of the smartest QB's ive seen in college football. hes a student of the game, and is only improving.

BTW with so many NFL teams using the spread offense more as a base formation, Daniel could fit with any of thoughs teams.

Smarts is what Daniel has going for him. He doesn't have the greatest arm but it's NFL worthy IMO. And he can run if he needs to.

And he has a head the size of Barry Bonds :D

KCrockaholic
07-22-2008, 04:35 PM
Smarts is what Daniel has going for him. He doesn't have the greatest arm but it's NFL worthy IMO. And he can run if he needs to.

And he has a head the size of Barry Bonds :D

yeah he's pretty quick like you said. probably could run a 4.7 40.

Jewish Rabbi
07-22-2008, 05:05 PM
Daniel is short and doesn't excell at anything, really, other than winning.

Joe Montana, anyone?

chiefs1111
07-22-2008, 05:39 PM
Think he's better than Matt Blundin or Pat Barnes?

Wow,I haven't heard those names in a while......

Priest31kc
07-22-2008, 05:56 PM
Daniel does have a pretty strong arm actually, go watch highlights from zoudave of the Colorado game last year. And he's accurate with it down the field. I really believe he could be the next Drew Brees in the right offense.

And hes a leader, and a winner, and a team guy. Its gunna suck for Mizzou when he's gone.

Ebolapox
07-22-2008, 05:58 PM
Daniel does have a pretty strong arm actually, go watch highlights from zoudave of the Colorado game last year. And he's accurate with it down the field. I really believe he could be the next Drew Brees in the right offense.

And hes a leader, and a winner, and a team guy. Its gunna suck for Mizzou when he's gone.

hopefully that gabbert kid pans out.

Sully
07-22-2008, 05:58 PM
He's a leader.
He's a college winner.
I hope he can become something in the NFL.... but I have many doubts.

...and he doesn't call audibles at the line... the coaches signal those in to the offense.

teedubya
07-22-2008, 06:08 PM
I don't see Boog Danielson doing anything in the NFL, no. He is a GREAT college QB, however.

Phobia
07-22-2008, 06:55 PM
Maybe he can get Scott Frost as a personal trainer to prepare him for the NFL.

Boon
07-22-2008, 07:03 PM
Does he really eat his boogers?
That's so fu*king gross.

alanm
07-22-2008, 07:30 PM
He can't read defenses as good as Joe Ganz, I'm sure.;)
That's only to be expected. Ganz plays under center. ;)

kstater
07-22-2008, 07:30 PM
Daniel is short and doesn't excell at anything, really, other than winning.

Joe Montana, anyone?

Jewish Rabbi
07-22-2008, 07:42 PM

Lofty comparison, I know, but no one thought he was going to be sucessful either.

KCinNY
07-22-2008, 08:34 PM
I think he'll end up like the Detmer brothers - solid, smart backup who can win for you in a pinch.

Ty and Koy were undersized guys who came from pass happy college offenses and they made a nice living the NFL.

Todd Reesing, for what it's worth, will be a good insurance salesman after he finishes at KU.

Phobia
07-22-2008, 08:43 PM
If you check out the listed height(s) of any NFL player(s) you have stood (or will stand) near, you'll find it/them to be exaggerated. For example, I'm nearly 6' 2" and stood at arms distance in front of Jared Allen at last year's training camp's Family Fun Day. The ground we were standing on was at equal level and our eyes were at the same level. Yet he is listed at 6' 6" which might be accurate if he was measured while standing on his tippy-toes. So, if Chase Daniel ever makes it to an NFL training camp, remember to check out his "official" listed height and then have a good laugh.
You're out of your mind. JA is every bit of 6'6" and then some. If you were standing eye level with him then you were wearing some stilettos.

You might be right in some cases but your example is way, way off.

little jacob
07-22-2008, 09:01 PM
I think he'll end up like the Detmer brothers - solid, smart backup who can win for you in a pinch.

Ty and Koy were undersized guys who came from pass happy college offenses and they made a nice living the NFL.

Todd Reesing, for what it's worth, will be a good insurance salesman after he finishes at KU.

Daniel I think could compare to Drew Brees. He doesn't have prototypical size, he's probably about 6 feet as well, but he has a good arm and a lot of football smarts and works hard.

There have been guys that size who were servicable in the NFL. Brees, Mark Brunell for a while, Chad Pennington for a few years when healthy, Jon Kitna has all the skills and played well at times but hasn't always made great decisions. Jeff Garcia is about 6' and has quietly been efficient during his career.

You can do a lot worse for a developmental prospect.

KCrockaholic
07-22-2008, 10:44 PM
That's so fu*king gross.

haha check it out on youtube... http://youtube.com/watch?v=kEW8_KVhDFE

KCChiefsMan
07-22-2008, 10:44 PM
Todd Reesing will be the next Doug Flutie

Skip Towne
07-22-2008, 11:01 PM
That's so fu*king gross.

Yes, he does. It's documented.

Frazod
07-22-2008, 11:04 PM
Todd Reesing will be the next Doug Flutie

He'll be the next Travelocity gnome.

Pablo
07-22-2008, 11:06 PM
He'll be the next Travelocity gnome.When the Roloff family decides to give it up, Chase Daniels will probably step in and take over as the star for TLC's "Little People, Big World".

Frazod
07-22-2008, 11:07 PM
When the Roloff family decides to give it up, Chase Daniels will probably step in and take over as the star for TLC's "Little People, Big World".

If Mike Myers does Austin Powers 4, Reesing can be Mini-Me.

Pablo
07-22-2008, 11:08 PM
http://tlc.discovery.com/fansites/lpbw/lpbw.html

Chase is on the end, in the black shirt.

Frazod
07-22-2008, 11:09 PM

That's one of the Nebraska blackskirts.

Pablo
07-22-2008, 11:09 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cVZW-0lQw6M&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cVZW-0lQw6M&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Chase is quite the dancer. Here's proof.

KCrockaholic
07-22-2008, 11:10 PM
looks like a garden gnome...

Frazod
07-22-2008, 11:12 PM
And of course, we've learned that Reesing's face makes a fine garden tiller.

KCrockaholic
07-22-2008, 11:14 PM
And of course, we've learned that Reesing's face makes a fine garden tiller.

nice score in that pic!

Frazod
07-22-2008, 11:15 PM
nice score in that pic!

Yes, I was there. It was wonderful. :)

Mr. Laz
07-22-2008, 11:27 PM
too short

one position where height really does make a difference

he's 5'11 right?

just not gonna happen :shake:

there are exceptions ... but not many nowadays.

Drew Brees is 6'0" iirc and many people didn't think he could do it.

Extra Point
07-23-2008, 06:44 AM
Daniels would make a pretty good safety. He reminds me a lot of Nolan Cromwell.

kepp
07-23-2008, 06:55 AM

And I see Reesing is still on crutches from the borderwar game.

kepp
07-23-2008, 06:56 AM
That's only to be expected. Ganz plays under center. ;)

WAY under center...like on his back.

kepp
07-23-2008, 07:02 AM
too short

one position where height really does make a difference

he's 5'11 right?

just not gonna happen :shake:

there are exceptions ... but not many nowadays.

Drew Brees is 6'0" iirc and many people didn't think he could do it.

I was watching "Top 10 Draft Steals" on the NFL channel last night and one of the guys said, "you can look at all the measurables you want, but you can never, ever, ever measure how badly a guy wants it."

The NFL deck is stacked against Daniel, for sure, but he has a ton of drive and is a great leader and he's never known anything but winning. I don't imagine he cares what people think. If he gets his shot, he'll make the most of it.

redgoldexpress
07-23-2008, 12:57 PM
doesn't the colts run a form of a spread offense. so just ask them how if a spread offense can work in the NFL.

Mecca
07-23-2008, 01:02 PM
doesn't the colts run a form of a spread offense. so just ask them how if a spread offense can work in the NFL.

Manning actually you know lines up under center and they don't run option run plays....it's still completely different than a college spread option.

Pitt Gorilla
07-23-2008, 01:03 PM
doesn't the colts run a form of a spread offense. so just ask them how if a spread offense can work in the NFL.The Patriots offense has some spread principles.

I think Daniel will likely struggle in the NFL due to his height. MU does a great job of creating throwing lanes with splits. NFL teams (typically) don't do that.

Mecca
07-23-2008, 01:06 PM
If you want to compare the Colts/Pats to something it's more run n' shoot than it is spread.

Sully
07-23-2008, 01:35 PM
If you want to compare the Colts/Pats to something it's more run n' shoot than it is spread.

With a completely different running system.