PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs I Hate F***ing Carl Peterson

Zman
07-23-2008, 11:48 AM
I see that we are one day away from training camp and our top two picks are still setting at home. Just a stupid GM not caring whats best for the Chiefs. I don't want to hear about other teams not signing their picks. The worst teams from last year have already signed them. We need to improve and the only way to do that is get these guys in camp. Does anyone really think this guy gives a DAMN about whats best for the team. I could go on for hours but I need to get back to work. :#:#

Pablo
07-23-2008, 11:50 AM
Welcome to the club?

KCUnited
07-23-2008, 11:50 AM
Quality.

Fire Me Boy!
07-23-2008, 11:55 AM
I see that we are one day away from training camp and our top two picks are still setting at home. Just a stupid GM not caring whats best for the Chiefs. I don't want to hear about other teams not signing their picks. The worst teams from last year have already signed them. We need to improve and the only way to do that is get these guys in camp. Does anyone really think this guy gives a DAMN about whats best for the team. I could go on for hours but I need to get back to work. :#:#

Are you serious? Of course CP wants what's best for the team. Be real. The better a team does, the more tickets they sell. I hate it when people say he doesn't care about winning. Bullshit. Perhaps he does care most about butts in the seats, but he knows the best way to put butts in the seats is to win.

Redrum_69
07-23-2008, 11:57 AM
Are you serious? Of course CP wants what's best for the team. Be real. The better a team does, the more tickets they sell. I hate it when people say he doesn't care about winning. Bullshit. Perhaps he does care most about butts in the seats, but he knows the best way to put butts in the seats is to win.

says you from myrtle beach

Zman
07-23-2008, 11:57 AM
His track record says otherwise!!

Redrum_69
07-23-2008, 11:58 AM
carl peterson is to the chiefs what claythan is to chiefsplanet

SBK
07-23-2008, 11:59 AM
Why are people acting surprised that our two #1 picks aren't signed yet? I thought we all knew they'd be late to camp before the draft?

The Franchise
I thought it was required to have at least 100 posts before you could create a thread.

1ChiefsDan
Looks like they are at least still working on all three of the important contracts left.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/716456.html

Chiefs notes: Flowers near
The Chiefs drafted Brandon Flowers hoping he could eventually be their first home-grown Pro Bowl cornerback since Dale Carter more than a decade ago.

They wanted Flowers, who will replace Ty Law in the lineup, in training camp on time, and there were signs Tuesday that a contract agreement was near.
“We’re getting close,” said Flowers’ agent, Andy Ross. “We’ve been talking. I think we’ll be able to finish it up (today).”
The Chiefs drafted Flowers early in the second round. He and Patrick Surtain are the starters, but another rookie, fifth-round pick Brandon Carr, could eventually push Surtain for a starting spot.
The Chiefs continued to work on contract agreements with their two first-round picks, defensive tackle Glenn Dorsey and offensive linemen Branden Albert.
Training camp begins Friday in River Falls, Wis.

Redrum_69
07-23-2008, 12:00 PM
my source tells me that the chiefs are going to make a run at getting favre, only because he could give to brodie what huard cant.

thats why they are waiting on signing the other two draft picks, to make sure they still have room to sign the two picks, favre, and have enough left over to sign additional players if needed later on

FAX
07-23-2008, 12:01 PM
I thought Albert stated in a recent interview that he was going to show up for camp anyhow (signed or not). No?

FAX

HemiEd
07-23-2008, 12:01 PM
You must be new, aren't you aware he is on vacation?

penguinz
07-23-2008, 12:02 PM
I see that we are one day away from training camp and our top two picks are still setting at home. I assume you mean sitting which is not true. Dorsey is in LA not at home. :D

rambleonthruthefog
07-23-2008, 12:04 PM
I thought Albert stated in a recent interview that he was going to show up for camp anyhow (signed or not). No?

FAX

why would a player show up to camp without a contract? what if he gets hurt(see redskins)? good luck getting that multimillion dollar contract with a torn ACL.

FAX
07-23-2008, 12:05 PM
I thought it was required to have at least 100 posts before you could create a thread.

Not if you make super awesome cool posts like Mr. Zman does, Mr. pestilenceaf23. When you do that, you zoom past that rule like a runaway semi with no brakes, a broken horn, and a load of hydrochloric acid taking the bypass by the grammar school.

FAX

Micjones
07-23-2008, 12:06 PM
Supposedly both the Albert and Flowers' deals are close to being done.

StcChief
07-23-2008, 12:07 PM
I thought it was required to have at least 100 posts before you could create a thread.maybe the new version of VBull has different default? or it was removed? MODS what are the rules for Thread Creation

Anyong Bluth
07-23-2008, 12:08 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Color me not shocked. I'd say this is your first time here, but your post count says otherwise.

blueballs
07-23-2008, 12:11 PM
turn him over
don't face him

Goapics1
07-23-2008, 12:15 PM

That's ghey.

BigRedChief
07-23-2008, 12:17 PM
Albert said he was heading to KC so he can get to camp right away once the deal is done.

bsp4444
07-23-2008, 12:19 PM
I Hate F***ing Carl Peterson

Then stop F***ing him!

FAX
07-23-2008, 12:19 PM
why would a player show up to camp without a contract? what if he gets hurt(see redskins)? good luck getting that multimillion dollar contract with a torn ACL.

He probably shouldn't, Mr. rambleonthruthefog. And, I'm not suggesting that he should. I only report the news, you have to decide if it's true or not.

I just remembered some interview in which he indicated that he was planning on being there.

FAX

FAX
07-23-2008, 12:20 PM
Albert said he was heading to KC so he can get to camp right away once the deal is done.

Ah ... maybe that was it.

FAX

Duck Dog
07-23-2008, 12:25 PM
I thought there were rules against tricking the the word filter. At least that's what the ****ing mods keep telling me.

Rooster
07-23-2008, 12:26 PM
I bet Peterson was in a Frat too.:#

StcChief
07-23-2008, 12:31 PM
I bet Peterson was in a Frat too.:#

that seems obvious. Je looks like a real "nancy boy" :)

acting like a Douche is another give away

alanm
07-23-2008, 12:31 PM
Supposedly both the Albert and Flowers' deals are close to being done.
Supposedly according to whom?

redgoldexpress
07-23-2008, 12:33 PM
If he wants could he still show up to camp he could still be in the team meetings and just participate. That way he might behind on the field but he would still know what is going on and not to have to try catch up on everything. Doing it this way would do two things 1) show is commitment to the team. 2) He won't have the possibility of getting hurt.

Hog's Gone Fishin
07-23-2008, 12:33 PM
I thought it was required to have a BRAIN before you could create a thread.

FYP!

The Franchise
07-23-2008, 12:34 PM
FYP!

If that were true there would be a lot less threads started by certain people.

FAX
07-23-2008, 12:35 PM
Yeah. Let's don't get carried away here.

Somebody delete that post before Mr. DaFace sees it.

FAX

Chiefs Pantalones
07-23-2008, 12:41 PM
You must be new, aren't you aware he is on vacation?

He's not on vacation, I saw him at the renovation update press conference on Monday. He spoke about the renovations, but wouldn't take any football questions.

Micjones
07-23-2008, 12:43 PM
Supposedly according to whom?

Heard that on 610 this morning.

Jewish Rabbi
07-23-2008, 12:44 PM

This is a change from when?

Micjones
07-23-2008, 12:44 PM
Wait??? Is this the Z-Man who had a radio show on 1510 years ago?

Spicy McHaggis
07-23-2008, 12:45 PM
I hate it when people say he doesn't care about winning. Bullshit..

Spot on. It's not a lack of desire to win that impedes Carl. It's gross incompetence.

Frankie
07-23-2008, 12:46 PM

Well then don't do it. It's a free country.

Zman
07-23-2008, 12:46 PM
If it was me there would be no 810 or KK

blueballs
07-23-2008, 12:49 PM
media also said Charles and Cottam were done deals
they turned out to be right

Fire Me Boy!
07-23-2008, 12:52 PM
His track record says otherwise!!

Your and idiot. I won't argue that he's made mistakes.

I would point out that he's put several Super Bowl-worthy teams on the field (1993, 1995, 1997, 2003), that coaching and/or luck (I contend that we'd have won the SB in 2003 if we'd faced anyone other than Indy) screwed up.

But as someone else mentioned, it's not desire to win.

Mecca
07-23-2008, 12:56 PM

I would point out that he's put several Super Bowl-worthy teams on the field (1993, 1995, 1997, 2003), that coaching and/or luck (I contend that we'd have won the SB in 2003 if we'd faced anyone other than Indy) screwed up.

The Chiefs don't exactly have the best rep when it comes to signing picks....

BigRedChief
07-23-2008, 12:57 PM
Spot on. It's not a lack of desire to win that impedes Carl. It's gross incompetence.
Correct. I'm as big of a King Carl basher as they come but its incompentence not desire thats his issue.

Frankie
07-23-2008, 12:59 PM
turn him over
don't face him

OK I admit I thought I was being original with my post 36. But this is much better executed..

Fire Me Boy!
07-23-2008, 01:07 PM
The Chiefs don't exactly have the best rep when it comes to signing picks....

No disagreement there whatsoever. I'm taking issue with the statement that Carl doesn't want to win. I think it's bullshit.

donkhater
07-23-2008, 01:23 PM
Just an FYI....

Draft picks are not allowed to participate in training camp in any way because they techinically are not part of the team. The NFL and the player's union have put this into the league rules to avoid injuries or strong-arming by one side or the other.

Also, once a draft pick signs, he likely will be among the top 53 paid players on the team which will affect the salary cap. So having a player participate in training camp (in any way) that is not under contract circumventing the salary cap. Hence the rule.

So Alberts can say he will be there contract or not. But the closest he can come to camp is at a Motel 8 down the road until he signs his name at the bottom of the page.

ChiefsFanatic
07-23-2008, 01:23 PM

Carl owns a lot of the blame for 1995. Was the extra 500,000 (or whatever the amount was) that he kept out Nick the Kick's pocket really worth losing in the first round of the playoffs?

I will say that I never expect our most important draft picks to be at camp on time, nor do I expect our top picks to be any good. That way, if either of those things happen, I will be pleasantly surprised.

Direckshun
07-23-2008, 01:28 PM
I've got to say, if BOTH Albert and Dorsey miss out on camp time, you HAVE to blame Carl for it.

It's not coincidence that we have this reputation and we would have failed to get our last three 1st round picks to training camp ON TIME.

Get it done, Carl. With both.

FAX
07-23-2008, 01:51 PM
Just an FYI....

Draft picks are not allowed to participate in training camp in any way because they techinically are not part of the team. The NFL and the player's union have put this into the league rules to avoid injuries or strong-arming by one side or the other.

Also, once a draft pick signs, he likely will be among the top 53 paid players on the team which will affect the salary cap. So having a player participate in training camp (in any way) that is not under contract circumventing the salary cap. Hence the rule.

So Alberts can say he will be there contract or not. But the closest he can come to camp is at a Motel 8 down the road until he signs his name at the bottom of the page.

Ah ... thanks for the clarification, Mr. donkhater.

FAX

DaFace
07-26-2008, 08:26 AM
maybe the new version of VBull has different default? or it was removed? MODS what are the rules for Thread Creation

I saw the bat light shining in this thread and thought I'd reply a couple days later.

It's a somewhat complicated formula. I won't divulge the exact values, but you have to meet some combination of posts, days since joining, and reputation before you are promoted from n00b to full privs. It's a multi-faceted function, though, so there's no one rule that applies.

milkman
07-26-2008, 08:58 AM

I won't debate the 90s teams that you think were SB worthy, but that 2003 team had a terrible defense.

You don't go to SBs with suckass defense.

Smed1065
07-26-2008, 09:02 AM

Nice try. Odds might have been in your favor. All but a 7th rounder thats injured.

Where is the epic fail thread?

ROFL

Baby Lee
07-26-2008, 09:06 AM
Then stop f**king him.

milkman
07-26-2008, 09:14 AM
Then stop f**king him.

I guess the third time is the charm.

Fire Me Boy!
07-26-2008, 11:26 AM
I won't debate the 90s teams that you think were SB worthy, but that 2003 team had a terrible defense.

You don't go to SBs with suckass defense.

Obviously, you're right. You don't go to SBs with a suckass defense. But I don't think there was a team in the league that could keep up with our offense... except Indy.

Therefore, my point being that we've have been in the SB, IMO, if we'd faced off against any one of the other teams.

Smed1065
07-26-2008, 11:49 AM
Obviously, you're right. You don't go to SBs with a suckass defense. But I don't think there was a team in the league that could keep up with our offense... except Indy.

Therefore, my point being that we've have been in the SB, IMO, if we'd faced off against any one of the other teams.

Facts are not allowed, U season ticket holder.

:cuss:

07-26-2008, 12:13 PM

Then stop F***ing him!

Yep, that read very very wrong. Flip the words around and it sounds MUCH better.

Baby Lee
07-26-2008, 12:21 PM

Something something aunt balls uncle something.

DaKCMan AP
07-26-2008, 12:24 PM

I see that we are 1 day in to training camp and our top eleven picks are signed. Just a stupid poster not thinking about anything before running his dumbass mouth. I don't want to hear about other teams having a better track record of signing their picks. Many teams still haven't signed theirs. We need to improve post quality around here and the only way to do that is to get idiotic threads like this and the morons who create them reduced. Does anyone really think this guy has a DAMN clue about anything? I could go on for hours but it's the weekend. :#:#

KCTitus
07-26-2008, 12:24 PM
It's as regular as the Swans of Capistrano...

two more years and it's all over.

gblowfish
07-26-2008, 02:11 PM
Who gave Carl's wife thread starting privileges?

CrazyPhuD
07-26-2008, 02:30 PM
Well damn the chiefs offically have a hot carl this year.

Megbert
07-26-2008, 04:25 PM

then don't?

Or did you mean
I'm Hate F***ing Carl Peterson??

blueballs
07-26-2008, 04:30 PM
Damit Carl
Why can't i quit you

HolmeZz
07-26-2008, 04:31 PM
I wouldn't enjoy f*cking Carl Peterson either.