PDA

View Full Version : Science Apollo 14 astronaut claims aliens HAVE made contact - but it has been covered up for

penguinz
07-23-2008, 01:05 PM
Aliens have contacted humans several times but governments have hidden the truth for 60 years, the sixth man to walk on the moon has claimed.

Apollo 14 astronaut Dr Edgar Mitchell, said he was aware of many UFO visits to Earth during his career with NASA but each one was covered up.
Dr Mitchell, 77, said during a radio interview that sources at the space agency who had had contact with aliens described the beings as 'little people who look strange to us.'
He said supposedly real-life ET's were similar to the traditional image of a small frame, large eyes and head.
Chillingly, he claimed our technology is 'not nearly as sophisticated' as theirs and "had they been hostile", he warned 'we would be been gone by now'.
Dr Mitchell, along with with Apollo 14 commander Alan Shepard, holds the record for the longest ever moon walk, at nine hours and 17 minutes following their 1971 mission.
'I happen to have been privileged enough to be in on the fact that we've been visited on this planet and the UFO phenomena is real,' Dr Mitchell said.
'It's been well covered up by all our governments for the last 60 years or so, but slowly it's leaked out and some of us have been privileged to have been briefed on some of it.

UFO theorists believe Roswell in New Mexico was the site of an alien crash in 1947

'I've been in military and intelligence circles, who know that beneath the surface of what has been public knowledge, yes - we have been visited. Reading the papers recently, it's been happening quite a bit.'

Dr Mitchell, who has a Bachelor of Science degree in aeronautical engineering and a Doctor of Science degree in Aeronautics and Astronautics claimed Roswell was real and similar alien visits continue to be investigated.
He told the astonished Kerrang! radio host Nick Margerrison: "This is really starting to open up. I think we're headed for real disclosure and some serious organisations are moving in that direction.'
Mr Margerrison said: 'I thought I'd stumbled on some sort of astronaut humour but he was absolutely serious that aliens are definitely out there and there's no debating it.'
Officials from NASA, however, were quick to play the comments down.

In a statement, a spokesman said: "NASA does not track UFOs. NASA is not involved in any sort of cover up about alien life on this planet or anywhere in the universe.
'Dr Mitchell is a great American, but we do not share his opinions on this issue.'

Find this story at www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1037471/Apollo-14-astronaut-claims-aliens-HAVE-contact--covered-60-years.html (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1037471/Apollo-14-astronaut-claims-aliens-HAVE-contact--covered-60-years.html)

<script type="text/javascript"> adverts.addToArray('sky','AAMSZ=120x600/TARGET=NON_SUPERSKY'); adverts.addToArray('houseAd','AAMSZ=120x160'); adverts.addToArray('textAd','AAMSZ=DM_LHS_TEXTLINK'); </script>

Dayze
07-23-2008, 01:13 PM
It could be revealed that the government has been covering up that the world is indeed flat.....and I wouldn't be surprised.

I trust the government about as much as I trust the Chiefs will run up a 50-0 score against the Pats.

07-23-2008, 01:15 PM
There is no way we are completely alone in the universe.

bkkcoh
07-23-2008, 01:16 PM
There is no way we are completely alone in the universe.

We would be arrogant as hell to think that we were alone in the universe.

Mecca
07-23-2008, 01:18 PM
The government covers everything up because well there are so many stupid people in our country saying they're aliens would cause atleast half the population to go buy guns and bomb shelters and hunker down.

Beerfund
07-23-2008, 01:19 PM
I for one would like to know for sure as I already believe that there is some other form of life in the universe.

Dayze
07-23-2008, 01:24 PM

Arrogant is the perfect word. 100% agree.

My dad has always maintained there must be a correlation to the "Roswell Incident" and the massive acceleration of our own technologies. For years we were a country w/out technology, then in the last 65 years we've expanded technology 10-fold. Primarily with silicon/microprossors etc compared with Vaccum tubes etc.

I must say, he makes an intersting point.

BigMeatballDave
07-23-2008, 01:28 PM
If we are alone in the Universe, it sure is a waste of space...

R&GHomer
07-23-2008, 01:28 PM
Doesn't surprise me. There seems to be more and more information getting out recently.

noa
07-23-2008, 01:31 PM
We should ask them take Carl next time they visit

biggunns
07-23-2008, 01:39 PM
Carl is an alien!!!:banghead:

Demonpenz
07-23-2008, 01:40 PM
well duh. Sam Cassell plays for the celtics

RaiderH8r
07-23-2008, 01:41 PM

I give you the Drake Equation (http://youtube.com/watch?v=Yu_moia-oVI).

Perhaps this will be more educational....

http://www.setileague.org/general/drake.htm

Discuss Thrower
07-23-2008, 01:41 PM
To all those who feel that our advancement in technology is proof towards alien influence:

Drop a working 2002 Trailblazer in Ancient Rome, and see if they figure out how to gain any new technologies out of it. Guarantee they won't do it. Hell, give them one complete Trailblazer, the parts necessary to construct such a vehicle, and a complete set of parts that can be constructed for another trailblazer. I can still guarantee you wouldn't see any SUV's tooling around the Via Appia ever after such an event.

And, though astronauts have earned my utmost respect, Mitchell claimed he successfully contacted someone on Earth using telepathy. Telepathy, as some of you might know, is impossible.

There are no aliens, and if they were, they sure as hell wouldn't be dumb enough to crash their spaceship on our little rock on the ass end of the galaxy.

StcChief
07-23-2008, 01:43 PM
Obama will get to the bottom of this and expose all just let him in WH

rambleonthruthefog
07-23-2008, 01:46 PM
To all those who feel that our advancement in technology is proof towards alien influence:

Drop a working 2002 Trailblazer in Ancient Rome, and see if they figure out how to gain any new technologies out of it. Guarantee they won't do it. Hell, give them one complete Trailblazer, the parts necessary to construct such a vehicle, and a complete set of parts that can be constructed for another trailblazer. I can still guarantee you wouldn't see any SUV's tooling around the Via Appia ever after such an event.

And, though astronauts have earned my utmost respect, Mitchell claimed he successfully contacted someone on Earth using telepathy. Telepathy, as some of you might know, is impossible.

There are no aliens, and if they were, they sure as hell wouldn't be dumb enough to crash their spaceship on our little rock on the ass end of the galaxy.

What the F*ck do you know? talk about arrogance. jeez.

FAX
07-23-2008, 01:46 PM
I don't understand why this is news. He's been saying this for years.

Still, I'm glad it's back out there. Things are heating up. The UK and France have already released much of their legacy UFO documentation. The UK's prior MOD UFO investigator, Nick Pope, has gone public with some very interesting information lately, as has Paul Hellyer - Canada's ex-Defense Minister. Japan and Canada are reportedly pressuring the US to release our withheld information or, at least, coordinate and cooperate with them on the issues of UFOs and alien contact while the United Nations is bringing UFO-related information to the attention of member nations on a regular basis these days. And, of course, last but not least, the Vatican has issued a recent statement that a belief in extraterrestrial life is not necessarily inconsistent with a belief and faith in God.

Many in the field have concluded that these governments and institutions are softening the blow as they lead up to the glorious and long-awaited day of "Full Disclosure" - the day when we learn what has really been going on in the field. According to many, we need to be prepared for 2012 when the aliens introduce themselves to us and explain that we are the result of genetic manipulation dating back tens of thousands of years and are, in fact, the sons and daughters of a reptilian race of beings.

FAX