PDA

View Full Version : Misc Who really likes cats?

vailpass
07-23-2008, 02:10 PM
I think they are good as outdoor creatures if you are a farmer type person. They keep the rodent population down.
They are also good for calibrating the sights on a new weapon.
Anyone out there really like cats?

barry_smilez20
07-23-2008, 02:13 PM
i hate cats

DaFace
07-23-2008, 02:13 PM
I have two and like them just fine. If I had to choose between a cat and a dog, though, I'd definitely pick a dog.

barry_smilez20
07-23-2008, 02:14 PM
I have two and like them just fine. If I had to choose between a cat and a dog, though, I'd definitely pick a dog.

:clap:

Fire Me Boy!
07-23-2008, 02:15 PM
I'm a cat kinda guy. I like dogs, but I really enjoy cats. Dogs are one-note creatures, IMO. I like that cats have moods - I have moods. I like that if a cat likes me it's because he really likes me. If my dog likes me it's because he doesn't know any better.

JMO.

blueballs
07-23-2008, 02:17 PM
no animal should have free roam of a house
no matter how well house trained

Fire Me Boy!
07-23-2008, 02:18 PM
no animal should have free roam of a house
no matter how well house trained

Same could be said of you. :p

Mr. Plow
07-23-2008, 02:19 PM
Man, I love pussy.

Deberg_1990
07-23-2008, 02:21 PM
I hate Big Broadway.

Frankie
07-23-2008, 02:21 PM
CATS RULE. DOGS DROOL.

barry_smilez20
07-23-2008, 02:22 PM
:LOL:I hate Big Broadway.

blueballs
Same could be said of you. :p

that dog house was made extra large for a reason

bkkcoh
They taste like chicken!

eazyb81
07-23-2008, 02:23 PM
I hate that cat owners aren't grossed out by a big box of poop just sitting in their house all the time.

chiefs1111
07-23-2008, 02:24 PM
cats are awesome

Frankie
07-23-2008, 02:24 PM
CATS RULE. DOGS DROOL.
Proof.

Saulbadguy
07-23-2008, 02:26 PM
I like both. We have 2 cats, though. I'd like a dog someday though. My wife thinks its inhumane to kennel a dog during the day so we can't get one.

barry_smilez20
there is a bar called CATS here i hate that place ...damn hippies

chiefs1111
[QUOTE=eazyb81;4863749]I hate that cat owners aren't grossed out by a big box of poop just sitting in their house all the time.[/QUOT

Yeah,that is a downside.... but you get used to it after a while....

Fish
I'm a cat kinda guy. I like dogs, but I really enjoy cats. Dogs are one-note creatures, IMO. I like that cats have moods - I have moods. I like that if a cat likes me it's because he really likes me. If my dog likes me it's because he doesn't know any better.

JMO.

Good take.

Dogs are for people who are bad at making friends. You can kick a dog in the face, and bend down and say "Whose a good doggie?" with a nice playful tone, and the dog is happy again. Just about any idiot can own a dog and make it like you.

With a cat, you have to earn their friendship. And if you're an ass to a cat, it's not going to like you anyway. Most people hate cats because the cats don't automatically like them.

Frankie
07-23-2008, 02:27 PM
I hate that cat owners aren't grossed out by a big box of poop just sitting in their house all the time.

As opposed to Dog owners having to use a plastic bag to pick up hot steaming dog shit after their dog has finished assuming the ugly disgusting position?

CoMoChief
07-23-2008, 02:28 PM

JMO.

Thats some of the dumbest shit I've ever heard.

Cats don't have feelings. Because they simply don't give a shit about anything but themselves.

The only ONE good thing about Cats over dogs is that Cats are a lot more maintance free than Dogs. Dogs take time and committment. Cats you feed them half the time and fill up a litter box and that's that.

Frankie
07-23-2008, 02:30 PM
cats are awesome

I was gonna rep the first post other than mine to explain Cats' obvious superiority. You are the one to earn it. You lucky dog,... I mean cat,..you.

Fire Me Boy!
07-23-2008, 02:30 PM
As opposed to Dog owners having to use a plastic bag to pick up hot steaming dog shit after their dog has finished assuming the ugly disgusting position?

:thumb:

For several years now, I have owned one of the auto-scooping cat litter pans. As well, in my new place in MB, I have a Carolina (Florida) Room - it acts as a sort of storage/garage/BBQ house. It also houses the cat pan.

eazyb81
07-23-2008, 02:31 PM

I just let my dog poop in the backyard, and it decomposes fairly quickly. I'm guessing that's what most people do.

Fire Me Boy!

Wow. With the way you backed up your stand, who am I to argue? :thumb: [/sarcasm]

I've owned both. And while I loved the dog, not once was he ever not happy to see me. Never was he pissed at me. If I'm gone for the weekend, when I'm home the dog was crazy excited to see me. I don't need that kind of validation.

I had to earn the attention of one of my cats when I would be away for any amount of time. I like that. I like that it doesn't automatically fawn over me.

luv
Good take.

Dogs are for people who are bad at making friends. You can kick a dog in the face, and bend down and say "Whose a good doggie?" with a nice playful tone, and the dog is happy again. Just about any idiot can own a dog and make it like you.

With a cat, you have to earn their friendship. And if you're an ass to a cat, it's not going to like you anyway. Most people hate cats because the cats don't automatically like them.

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

I also like that you have to earn a cat's trust. You can sit and pet them without them trying to be all up in your face. Don't get me wrong, I love going over and walking my dad's dogs. Dog are better for being active with. I like both, but for different reasons.

Frankie

JMO.

Rep.

milkman
07-23-2008, 02:32 PM
Dogs are entirely to much work for a lazy bastard like me.

luv
07-23-2008, 02:33 PM
Cats don't have feelings. Because they simply don't give a shit about anything but themselves.

Same could be said about most men I know. Heh.

KCFalcon59
Cats piss everywhere.

eazyb81
I like both. We have 2 cats, though. I'd like a dog someday though. My wife thinks its inhumane to kennel a dog during the day so we can't get one.

Usually you only have to kennel them when they're puppies. Once they are a bit older, most dogs are fine if you let them just hang around the house during the day.

My dog hasn't been kenneled in years, he just lays around and sleeps until someone comes home.

Frankie
07-23-2008, 02:34 PM
I just let my dog poop in the backyard, and it decomposes fairly quickly. I'm guessing that's what most people do.

Have you taken a stroll in your backyard in a breezy day?

Demonpenz
07-23-2008, 02:34 PM
google Eddie Griffins cats vs Dogs on you tube.

Dogs are the slaves of the animal kingdom

Roll over!

ISA ROLLING MASTA

eazyb81
07-23-2008, 02:35 PM
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

I also like that you have to earn a cat's trust. You can sit and pet them without them trying to be all up in your face. Don't get me wrong, I love going over and walking my dad's dogs. Dog are better for being active with. I like both, but for different reasons.

Why should you have to earn an animal's trust when you are the sole reason it's even alive? If I'm providing an animal's food, shelter, health, entertainment, etc, it better damn well like me.

Frankie
07-23-2008, 02:36 PM

A common myth believed by those who don't want to learn cats' behavioral language.

barry_smilez20
Why should you have to earn an animal's trust when you are the sole reason it's even alive? If I'm providing an animal's food, shelter, health, entertainment, etc, it better damn well like me.

truth sayer:clap:

eazyb81
Have you taken a stroll in your backyard in a breezy day?

Sure have. I haven't stepped in or smelled dog poop in quite a long time now that I think about it. I think my dog is smart enough to poop in the far back corners of the yard near the fence.

luv

Same thing could be said about someone's job. Does everyone like their job?

Demonpenz
I like cats because they are crazy, alot better athletes. I was at a friends house a cat ran up a couch away from me did some kind of spin and jumped on my then ran under a couch ninja style.

Frankie
07-23-2008, 02:37 PM
Cats piss everywhere.

Only male cats do to mark their territory. If you fix them, there's no problem.

Fire Me Boy!
07-23-2008, 02:39 PM

That's just patently untrue. I've had a number of cats that I think have tried to comfort me when I was ill. I've had cats sulk around when I left for a weekend because I wasn't there.

Just last night I locked the kitten out of the bedroom because he wouldn't stop playing with shit on the headboard. This morning when I let the little rascal in he immediately jumped up onto the bed, into my face and started purring as loud as he could while rubbing his nose up against my nose.

One of my current cats, as well as the one I recently had to put down, would greet me at the door every time I came home.

I think cats have a MUCH wider range of feelings than a dog. As I've stated, dogs seem to be pretty much a one-note creature. You can manipulate how a dog feels simply by altering your tone of voice.

keg in kc
07-23-2008, 02:40 PM
Cats are great, but only if they're shaved.

Saulbadguy

The funny thing is that's not even true %100 of the time for either animal. I've met dogs who don't like their owners, or anyone for that matter.

I have a cat who loves everyone it comes in contact with, and another that hates everyone but my wife and I.

Fire Me Boy!
A common myth believed by those who don't want to learn cats' behavioral language.

Yup. See my previous post.

DaFace
07-23-2008, 02:41 PM

The only ONE good thing about Cats over dogs is that Cats are a lot more maintance free than Dogs. Dogs take time and committment. Cats you feed them half the time and fill up a litter box and that's that.

I think it depends on the cat. We have two. One is extremely "lovey" and loves to be pet - even to the point that he will come when we "call" him because he knows he's going to be pet.

The other is much more psychotic (she's Siamese for those of you who know what they're like), so she doesn't like to do what you want to do - everything's on her terms. However, she loves to be around people if not interacting with them, so she follows us everywhere. Every night when we go to bed, she crawls up on the bed like clockwork and goes to sleep (at least for a while).

There are cats out there that basically sleep, eat, poop, and repeat. But most that I know have a lot more personality than that.

Hog's Gone Fishin
I hate all animals!!!! Antifreeze for everyone :toast:

Fire Me Boy!
The funny thing is that's not even true %100 of the time for either animal. I've met dogs who don't like their owners, or anyone for that matter.

I have a cat who loves everyone it comes in contact with, and another that hates everyone but my wife and I.

You are correct. Obviously, there are exceptions to every rule. By and large, though...

Frankie
EXCERPTS FROM A DOG'S DIARY

Day number 182
8:00 am OH BOY! DOG FOOD! MY FAVORITE!
9:30 am OH BOY! A CAR RIDE! MY FAVORITE!
9:40 am OH BOY! A WALK! MY FAVORITE!
10:30 am OH BOY! A CAR RIDE! MY FAVORITE!
11:30 am OH BOY! DOG FOOD! MY FAVORITE!
12:00 noon OH BOY! THE KIDS! MY FAVORITE!
1:00 PM OH BOY! THE YARD! MY FAVORITE!
1:30 PM ooooooo. bath. bummer.
4:00 PM OH BOY! THE KIDS! MY FAVORITE!
5:00 PM OH BOY! DOG FOOD! MY FAVORITE!
5:30 PM OH BOY! MOM! MY FAVORITE!

EXCERPTS FROM A CAT'S DIARY

DAY 752 - My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling
objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while I am forced to eat
dry cereal. The only thing that keeps me going is the hope of escape,
and the mild satisfaction I get from ruining the occasional piece of
furniture. Tomorrow I may eat another houseplant.

DAY 761 - Today my attempt to kill my captors by weaving around their
feet while they were walking almost succeeded, must try this at the
top of the stairs. In an attempt to disgust and repulse these vile
oppressors, I once again induced myself to vomit on their favorite
chair... must try this on their bed.

DAY 765 - Decapitated a mouse and brought them the headless body, in
attempt to make them aware of what I am capable of, and to try to
strike fear into their hearts. They only cooed and condescended about
what a good little cat I was...Hmmm. Not working according to plan.

DAY 768 - I am finally aware of how sadistic they are. For no good
reason I was chosen for the water torture. This time however it
included a burning foamy chemical called "shampoo." What sick minds
could invent such a liquid. My only consolation is the piece of thumb
still stuck between my teeth.

DAY 771 - There was some sort of gathering of their accomplices. I was
placed in solitary throughout the event. However, I could hear the
noise and smell the foul odor of the glass tubes they call "beer.."
More importantly I overheard that my confinement was due to MY power
of "allergies." Must learn what this is and how to use it to my
advantage.

DAY 774 - I am convinced the other captives are flunkeys and maybe
snitches. The dog is routinely released and seems more than happy to
return. He is obviously a half-wit. The bird on the other hand has got
to be an informant, and speaks with them regularly. I am certain he
reports my every move. Due to his current placement in the metal room
his safety is assured. But I can wait, it is only a matter of time...

JuicesFlowing

Cats are smart enough to know where to poop. Dogs, however, shit wherever they please.

Frankie
07-23-2008, 02:43 PM
Cats are great, but only if they're shaved.

Quit cat-footing around. Say what you mean.

luv
That's just patently untrue. I've had a number of cats that I think have tried to comfort me when I was ill. I've had cats sulk around when I left for a weekend because I wasn't there.

Just last night I locked the kitten out of the bedroom because he wouldn't stop playing with shit on the headboard. This morning when I let the little rascal in he immediately jumped up onto the bed, into my face and started purring as loud as he could while rubbing his nose up against my nose.

One of my current cats, as well as the one I recently had to put down, would greet me at the door every time I came home.

I think cats have a MUCH wider range of feelings than a dog. As I've stated, dogs seem to be pretty much a one-note creature. You can manipulate how a dog feels simply by altering your tone of voice.

My cat is the neediest little creature. I'll go into the office to get on the computer, and she'll come in and either meow at me or jump up on the desk and sit in front of the monitor. Whenever I go into the living room, she ignores me. I think she just likes to be in the same room as me.

Also, there have been several times in the past month when I've sat and cried. She did her best to look especially cute and purr especially loud.

Fire Me Boy!
I think it depends on the cat. We have two. One is extremely "lovey" and loves to be pet - even to the point that he will come when we "call" him because he knows he's going to be pet.

The other is much more psychotic (she's Siamese for those of you who know what they're like), so she doesn't like to do what you want to do - everything's on her terms. However, she loves to be around people if not interacting with them, so she follows us everywhere. Every night when we go to bed, she crawls up on the bed like clockwork and goes to sleep (at least for a while).

There are cats out there that basically sleep, eat, poop, and repeat. But most that I know have a lot more personality than that.

Heh... the cat we had to get rid of a couple months ago was Siamese/Maine Coon. She was a freak of nature. I miss her a lot. :deevee:

In my nearly 30 years of living with cats (upwards of 10 or more total), we've had one cat that fit that description of just not having any personality. She was pretty dull. But really, there are people like that, too.

eazyb81
07-23-2008, 02:44 PM
Cats are smart enough to know where to poop. Dogs, however, shit wherever they please.

That's not true at all. If a dog has a good owner it will be house trained, and will poop outside. Cats poop inside and leave their poop in plain view for everyone to see and smell. Gross.

luv
07-23-2008, 02:45 PM
That's not true at all. If a dog has a good owner it will be house trained, and will poop outside. Cats poop inside and leave their poop in plain view for everyone to see and smell. Gross.

No. Cats bury their poop in th litter.

Fire Me Boy!
07-23-2008, 02:45 PM
My cat is the neediest little creature. I'll go into the office to get on the computer, and she'll come in and either meow at me or jump up on the desk and sit in front of the monitor. Whenever I go into the living room, she ignores me. I think she just likes to be in the same room as me.

Mine do that, too. Rosie just takes a seat next to me (there's another chair in our office). Bill likes to lay on the keyboard. Mille used to climb up on top of the monitor, before we bought our LCD flat panel.

FAX
07-23-2008, 02:46 PM
Cats are actually pretty darn useful when you're setting up a wireless, radio fence perimeter and you're testing the wattage and amperage and stuff.

When their heads pop off, their bodies usually run for awhile and typically make it at least as far as across the street onto the neighbor's property. Plus, you can easily pick up any leftover noggins by their little whiskers to prevent getting any charred, smelly hair on your hands.

FAX

Fire Me Boy!
07-23-2008, 02:47 PM

A cat can be trained to use the toilet. I'm actually working on that now. So far, so good.

eazyb81
07-23-2008, 02:47 PM

Not all of them. My mom has a cat that just poops on top of the litter box. The cat we had before her pissed in my box of comic books that I had kept for years, and ruined all of them. Stupid cats.

Plus even if they use a box correctly, the stench is still awful. When you get a cat, you basically have to decide which room you want to smell like shit for the next ten years.

El Jefe
07-23-2008, 02:50 PM
Dogs are twice as awesome as Cats. Ever see a cat used as a hunting dog would be used?

El Jefe
07-23-2008, 02:51 PM

Touche, nice rebuttal.

KCFalcon59
07-23-2008, 02:54 PM
Only male cats do to mark their territory. If you fix them, there's no problem.

I disagree. My daughters cats (thankfully at her moms house) have been known to piss and shit on the floor just because they are moody about something. Both spayed females.

Smelly animals. Although they are fun to watch when they hunt mice and bugs.

tooge
07-23-2008, 02:55 PM
We have, er had this cat that we adopted from out of the wild. He just sort of showed up on the porch, he was kinda cool, so we started feeding him and he stayed. Soon, however, he became a hug pain in the ass. He started kicking our other cats ass and getting in fights with the dog. So I drove him out to the country from which he emerged, but really far from the house. Much to my dismay, he returned.

MOhillbilly
07-23-2008, 02:56 PM
I disagree. My daughters cats (thankfully at her moms house) have been known to piss and shit on the floor just because they are moody about something. Both spayed females.

had a girl whos cat was like that. frikinfreakinfrackin.

vailpass
07-23-2008, 02:56 PM
Cats are actually pretty darn useful when you're setting up a wireless, radio fence perimeter and you're testing the wattage and amperage and stuff.

When their heads pop off, their bodies usually run for awhile and typically make it at least as far as across the street onto the neighbor's property. Plus, you can easily pick up any leftover noggins by their little whiskers to prevent getting any charred, smelly hair on your hands.

FAX

LMAO

keg in kc
07-23-2008, 02:57 PM
Quite cat-footing around. Say what you mean.You got her by the short-hairs on that one.

StcChief
07-23-2008, 03:04 PM

FAX FAX damn you I spit coffee....
:cuss: LMAO freakin worthless creatures CATS

Adept Havelock
07-23-2008, 03:07 PM
I like dogs, but have a cat. I share a similar view of the Bard of Butler (Heinlein). When man domesticated the wolf, he was still a hunter-gatherer. Cats waited to associate with man until we had discovered agriculture, built granaries to attract rodents, and built structures to live in.

A Cat is a free citizen, and makes no bones about it. On the other hand, a Dog is bred as a slave to man. There is no shame in this, but I am not comfortable with slavery in any form, even from an animal.

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

damaticous
07-23-2008, 03:33 PM
I have two cats and one dog. I used to be a cat person until I got my dog.

Had my oldest cat for 12 years before my dog. Now, when the cat gets mad, it pees all over my stuff...shoes, work computers, tables, chairs, kitchen counters, food (bananas and potatoes). So I have to have it locked up in my bedroom 24x7. I'm allergic to the cat and it wrecks havoc on my sinuses. Cat hair on my clothes (in closed closet mind you) and bed. Yuck!

The only reason I keep the old cat around is because I don't feel right about putting down a cat that doesn't have any mental or physical ailments and she's too old (now 14) so no one wants her. It's a bumber deal because she's a Spotted Bengal that costs $425.

vailpass
07-23-2008, 03:35 PM
I have two cats and one dog. I used to be a cat person until I got my dog.

Had my oldest cat for 12 years before my dog. Now, when the cat gets mad, it pees all over my stuff...shoes, work computers, tables, chairs, kitchen counters, food (bananas and potatoes). So I have to have it locked up in my bedroom 24x7. I'm allergic to the cat and it wrecks havoc on my sinuses. Cat hair on my clothes (in closed closet mind you) and bed. Yuck!

The only reason I keep the old cat around is because I don't feel right about putting down a cat that doesn't have any mental or physical ailments and she's too old (now 14) so no one wants her. It's a bumber deal because she's a Spotted Bengal that costs $425.

Why/how is that cat still alive?

chasedude
07-23-2008, 03:40 PM
http://www.thechiefsource.com/hello/804228/640/kitten-2005.04.12-08.22.00.jpg

chasedude
07-23-2008, 03:41 PM
http://chris.tessone.net/images/blog/kitten-murder.jpg

Fish
07-23-2008, 03:43 PM
Most of the anti-cat stories being told here could have easily been prevented.

The only reason a cat doesn't piss in the litter box is poor maintenance. And if you maintain the litter box properly it doesn't smell. Cat's naturally want to shit and piss somewhere where they can cover it up. Their sense of smell is much much better than yours. They don't want to smell their own waste any more than you do. In fact that's normally why they will go and piss in the laundry hamper, because the litter box hasn't been changed and smells too bad for them to venture into. When you get lazy and neglect doing such, the cat is going to find an alternate place to go that doesn't smell so bad. Tell whoever owns the cat you're bitching about to do a better job of maintaining the litter box and that won't happen.

As with any pet, poor owners make bad pets....

MTG#10
07-23-2008, 03:45 PM
I like both and hate both for various reasons. Dogs are more fun, but cats are bad ass ninjas.

Fire Me Boy!
07-23-2008, 03:45 PM

The only reason a cat doesn't piss in the litter box is poor maintenance. And if you maintain the litter box properly it doesn't smell. Cat's naturally want to shit and piss somewhere where they can cover it up. Their sense of smell is much much better than yours. They don't want to smell their own waste any more than you do. In fact that's normally why they will go and piss in the laundry hamper, because the litter box hasn't been changed and smells too bad for them to venture into. When you get lazy and neglect doing such, the cat is going to find an alternate place to go that doesn't smell so bad. Tell whoever owns the cat you're bitching about to do a better job of maintaining the litter box and that won't happen.

As with any pet, poor owners make bad pets....
QFT

Bwana
07-23-2008, 03:46 PM
I am going to get an Akita in the near future. My wife has always wanted a fricken cat so I told her, knock yourself out, go get one, but I am getting my dog either way. (WTF was I thinking) This cat is one strange pile of fur. I have owned cats before, but this thing is out there. I am the only one it will listen to. If it starts getting into something, I just raise my voice and it stops. Other than that, we have an understanding, I avoid it, it does the same and we both remain living.

luv
07-23-2008, 03:57 PM

Do they clean out the litter box regularly? Cats are smelly animals? Cats are the cleanest animals. You don' see cats rolling around in the mud.

Simply Red
07-23-2008, 04:38 PM
Dogs are entirely to much work for a lazy bastard like me.

in this instance, you want to use too - not, 'to.'

Fire Me Boy!
07-23-2008, 04:43 PM
in this instance, you want to use too - not, 'to.'

In this instance, you want to capitalize the first word of the sentence.

:p

Skip Towne
07-23-2008, 06:36 PM
Have you ever smelled cat piss?

alnorth
07-23-2008, 06:49 PM
Plus even if they use a box correctly, the stench is still awful. When you get a cat, you basically have to decide which room you want to smell like shit for the next ten years.

Not true, you just have to be fanatical about cleaning the litter box every day and not buy the cheap crappy litter. I have a few relatives who are lazier than hell about this, their house smells like cat ass, and I hate visiting. It doesnt have to be that way.

Get the good clumping stuff, scoop it every day, and your golden. If I have to be away a few days, I put out an extra box or two and clean them all out when I'm back. You wouldnt even know I had a cat until you saw it or the litter box.

FAX
07-23-2008, 07:01 PM
... there have been several times in the past month when I've sat and cried. ...

This is a very sad statement, Ms. luv. I'm starting to get concerned for you. If you need any advice on how to live an exciting, fulfilling, and completely wild-ass life free of worry, concern, or care, please don't hesitate to ask.

FAX THE COUNSELOR TO THE STARS

FAX
07-23-2008, 07:03 PM
Have you ever smelled cat piss?

Some people say that, if you inhale cat urine while passing a mild electric current through your torso, you will achieve a mild, temporary state of euphoria.

FAX

Skip Towne
07-23-2008, 07:05 PM
Some people say that, if you inhale cat urine while passing a mild electric current through your torso, you will achieve a mild, temporary state of euphoria.

FAX

I'll take your word for it.

damaticous
07-23-2008, 07:06 PM
Not true, you just have to be fanatical about cleaning the litter box every day and not buy the cheap crappy litter. I have a few relatives who are lazier than hell about this, their house smells like cat ass, and I hate visiting. It doesnt have to be that way.

Get the good clumping stuff, scoop it every day, and your golden. If I have to be away a few days, I put out an extra box or two and clean them all out when I'm back. You wouldnt even know I had a cat until you saw it or the litter box.

I used to be like you until my cat started peeing outside the litter box. I ended up taking the 2 extra litter boxes away and had to keep her in the bedroom.

I clean her litter every day and she still pee's everywhere.

And yes, I took her to the vet to get blood work and everything...nothing was wrong. To my dismay they said she was very healthy for a 14 year old cat.

So you can't tell me that cats won't pee outside the box if their litter is clean. Sorry man....

Hydrae
07-23-2008, 07:07 PM
I am a cat lover and proud of it! I have always had dogs and cats in my life and while dogs are ok, I am a cat man. I love the independence while dogs are just downright needy. I am just hoping I can come back to a life similar to the one that my cats lead. Sleep all day in the comfort of the house and spend all night out partying!

Hydrae
07-23-2008, 07:09 PM
I used to be like you until my cat started peeing outside the litter box. I ended up taking the 2 extra litter boxes away and had to keep her in the bedroom.

And yes, I took her to the vet to get blood work and everything...nothing was wrong. To my dismay they said she was very healthy for a 14 year old cat.

So you can't tell me that cats won't pee outside the box if their litter is clean. Sorry man....

I would wonder what else is bothering her. Cats are naturally clean animals and if they are acting like this they are usually trying to tell you something is up. I am glad to hear that it is not her health but something is out of whack in her opinion (like a woman, don't try to argue with that opinion you will obviously be wrong!).

Chiefless
07-23-2008, 07:16 PM

In my experience, when cat's get that old they get pissed off at the world. That's when they start peeing all over the house. Peeing on your stuff is an act of hostility...they know it. And they know you know it too. They can be challenging and defiant beasts. But, I kinda like that about them...except when they pee on my stuff, then it gets a little ugly.

angelo
07-23-2008, 07:30 PM
I have owned both dogs and cats. I love both equally but can only own dogs now due to allergies.

I currently have two dogs (dachshunds) and would not trade them for any thing.

There are a couple of points I would argue.
1) Dog's only have limited personalities.

I think this depends solely on the breed and intelligence of the dog. Mine have stayed pissed at me for days and I definitely had to earn their love. (both are rescues)

2) Dogs will forgive anything

That is a big misconception. If you push a dog to far they will exact revenge.
My nephew was teasing one of my dogs relentlessly one day. I asked him politely to stop or something bad would happen. He did not and JJ my male doxie promptly went to his back pack and pissed all over it.

One last thing I have never seen a cat defend it master to the death.
JJ took on a pit bull one night while we were walking. He scarred the poop out of that dog.

JJ

GIDGET

Frankie
07-23-2008, 07:55 PM
If a dog has a good owner it will be house trained, and will poop outside.

Not before he shits or pees on the carpet a few times.

Frankie
07-23-2008, 07:56 PM

FAX

I've never given Mr. FAX a Neg rep.....:hmmm:

Frankie
07-23-2008, 07:57 PM
A cat can be trained to use the toilet. I'm actually working on that now. So far, so good.

Only problem is, they won't flush.

Frankie
07-23-2008, 08:03 PM

That's a very rare thing. There must be something wrong with the one that does it. Either she is abused, spooked by the other cat or has a medical condition. If cat B is the culprit, then cat A will not share litter box with her. That's when she'll do her business somewhere else. She probably needs to be in a household where she is the only cat.

As for the phrase "smelly animals," you are joking of course. Sniff a typical dog's coat and then a cats. Tell me which one is the smelly one. My Cocker Spaniel's coat smelled like sheep. He also filled the room in no time with his foul breath just by panting. Yuk!

damaticous
07-23-2008, 08:04 PM
I would wonder what else is bothering her. Cats are naturally clean animals and if they are acting like this they are usually trying to tell you something is up. I am glad to hear that it is not her health but something is out of whack in her opinion (like a woman, don't try to argue with that opinion you will obviously be wrong!).

Could be. But I find it hard to believe that my cat would be jealous of my girlfriend. I guess it's possible, but kind of on the weird side

Frankie
07-23-2008, 08:10 PM

As with any pet, poor owners make bad pets....This is also very true.

Chiefless
07-23-2008, 08:18 PM
Could be. But I find it hard to believe that my cat would be jealous of my girlfriend. I guess it's possible, but kind of on the weird side

Is your cat female?

FAX
07-23-2008, 08:24 PM
I've never given Mr. FAX a Neg rep.....:hmmm:

I apologize, Mr. Frankie. My post was uncalled for, rude, and thoughtless.

I know that you have a fondness for cats and I should not have made such an insensitive statement. How do you feel about ferrets? Because I'm pretty sure they would work just as well.

FAX

Frankie
07-23-2008, 09:31 PM
I apologize, Mr. Frankie. My post was uncalled for, rude, and thoughtless.

I know that you have a fondness for cats and I should not have made such an insensitive statement. How do you feel about ferrets? Because I'm pretty sure they would work just as well.

FAX

You are a safe distance from neg reps from me Mr. FAX. That was just a harmless, passing thought. Sometimes I pass thoughts when nobody's around. As for ferrets, I've never owned them. But I have owned Newts.

Fish
07-23-2008, 09:31 PM

There is still a reason your cat pissed outside the litter box. They don't like pissing elsewhere unless there is something wrong. Stress, smell, etc. Something is bothering her. If you put extra clean litter boxes out, then it probably wasn't the box, unless one of the litter boxes was still full and nasty smelling. Have you considered that she might be mad you're locking her in the bedroom all day? They will try and give you signs if you're not getting the hint. Just trying to give you ideas here, because that's not normal.

barry_smilez20
07-23-2008, 10:16 PM
i cant believe this thread is still going

Skip Towne
07-23-2008, 10:27 PM
One of my neighbors has a white cat wih a brown tail who comes over to my place just before dusk every night. He stays until just before dark then goes home. I wonder what he is doing. He parks himself under a tree with his head swiveling around but I don't see him actualy doing anything. We used to have a lot of rabbits and squirrels around here but not anymore. Is that what he is doing? Can a cat catch/kill a rabbit or squirrel?

alnorth
07-23-2008, 11:37 PM

Well, you could also be the proud owner of a retard cat. *shrug* they cant all be winners.

88TG88
07-23-2008, 11:43 PM
Cats are vermin

gblowfish
07-24-2008, 07:47 AM
http://www.georgeblowfish.com/kitties.html

Frankie
07-24-2008, 08:17 AM
http://www.georgeblowfish.com/kitties.html

Aaaaa!! Thanks for sharing. Misha, especially, caught my interest.

Frankie
07-24-2008, 08:33 AM
Aaaaa!! Thanks for sharing. Misha, especially, caught my interest.

BTW, the two kitties on post 16 are ours.Sammy and Puya. While Puya (back) is a great cat and knows he's a cat, Sammy (front) considers himself part of the household's ownership. He assumes he has the same rights as Fariba and I. It's amazing how he looks us in the eyes and lectures us off and on when he thinks we have breached his rights.

BucEyedPea
07-24-2008, 08:40 AM
I think they are good as outdoor creatures if you are a farmer type person. They keep the rodent population down.
They are also good for calibrating the sights on a new weapon.
Anyone out there really like cats?

I loved my baby kitty, but she tore up and scratched my furniture, woke me at night. My kid never cleaned the litter often enough. So I had to send her off to aunty's farm in Iowa. Thought I'd be heartbroken but don't miss her at all and love it. Now I can have anyone over again as there is always someone allergic to them. So I don't like cats, I guess.

Skip Towne
07-24-2008, 08:58 AM
I loved my baby kitty, but she tore up and scratched my furniture, woke me at night. My kid never cleaned the litter often enough. So I had to send her off to aunty's farm in Iowa. Thought I'd be heartbroken but don't miss her at all and love it. Now I can have anyone over again as there is always someone allergic to them. So I don't like cats, I guess.

You sent your kid off to Iowa? That's child abuse.

RealSNR
07-24-2008, 10:01 AM
You sent your kid off to Iowa? That's child abuse.LMAO

English. Ur doin it rong

StcChief
07-24-2008, 10:37 AM
Who really likes cats?

the coyotes running around out here

Amnorix
07-24-2008, 11:12 AM
I grew up with cats. A good cat is a great pet. Alot, probably most of them, however, are pretty indifferent to the people they are pets for.

There's a higher chance of having a great pet if you get a dog, I acknowledge that. But cats are also a hell of a lot less maintenance.

KCFalcon59
07-24-2008, 12:54 PM
Do they clean out the litter box regularly? Cats are smelly animals? Cats are the cleanest animals. You don' see cats rolling around in the mud.

Yes they do. Plus they have a pet door so the cats can go outside whenever they want. The cats are well taken care of. Just moody little bitches at times.

vailpass
07-24-2008, 12:56 PM
For a tongue in cheek thread posted in response to the "who really likes brats" and "who really likes frats" threads this thing sure has grown legs.

KCFalcon59
07-24-2008, 12:59 PM
That's a very rare thing. There must be something wrong with the one that does it. Either she is abused, spooked by the other cat or has a medical condition. If cat B is the culprit, then cat A will not share litter box with her. That's when she'll do her business somewhere else. She probably needs to be in a household where she is the only cat.

As for the phrase "smelly animals," you are joking of course. Sniff a typical dog's coat and then a cats. Tell me which one is the smelly one. My Cocker Spaniel's coat smelled like sheep. He also filled the room in no time with his foul breath just by panting. Yuk!

too many excuses. The cats are well cared for. Not the issue. I am also aware that other cats do well and don't cause any issues. They are not perfect animals however.

Frankie
07-25-2008, 09:24 PM
too many excuses. The cats are well cared for. Not the issue. I am also aware that other cats do well and don't cause any issues. They are not perfect animals however.

No they are not. They would be though, if they would cook while we were out at work. ;)

Frankie
07-25-2008, 09:27 PM
So, while we were out at work today..........

............. Puya went hunting!!

Sam Hall
07-25-2008, 10:05 PM
Berger would like you to stay away

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2J9epFCFkwI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2J9epFCFkwI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>