PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs No way Chiefs are as bad as last year

rambleonthruthefog
07-24-2008, 10:17 AM
was looking as some box scores and stats from last years games. man we were bad last year. i figure there is no way we consistantly play like this. remember these good times?

Kansas City (0-1, 0-1 away)
Houston (1-0, 1-0 home)
1 2 3 4
0 0 3 0
0 10 7 3
Jacksonville (3-1, 2-0 away)
Kansas City (2-3, 1-1 home)
1 2 3 4
3 7 0 7
0 0 0 7
Kansas City (4-9, 2-4 away)
Denver (6-7, 4-3 home)
1 2 3 4
0 7 0 0
14 10 17 0
Kansas City (4-12, 2-6 away)
New York Jets (4-12, 3-5 home)
1 2 3 4 OT
0 3 0 7 0
0 10 0 0 3

Mr. Plow
07-24-2008, 10:19 AM
I don't see a whole lot of improvement this year.

Tribal Warfare
07-24-2008, 10:21 AM
Never say never, shit happens.

Nzoner
07-24-2008, 10:24 AM
Too bad if you live in the KC Metro that we'll have to find out by listening to the radio broadcast of home games.

Deberg_1990
07-24-2008, 10:26 AM
Im of the belief that there is no way the Chiefs are as good as last year. :)

But thats not neccessarily a bad thing.

BigChiefFan
07-24-2008, 10:27 AM
We will be just as bad if not worse, IMO. Way too many variables and rookies to have an immediate impact.

StcChief
07-24-2008, 10:33 AM
solid. 2-14 to 5-11 possibility

bsp4444
07-24-2008, 10:59 AM
I really feel we will be four games better, but if I had to put money on it, I'd say three games better. The offensive coordinator's gotta be good for a win or two, and if LJ is healthy for a full season, another win or two. In a perfect world, Connar Barth is all world and we don't lose three to missed field goals like last year (man I've just about got us going undefeated, it's fun to dream).

StcChief
07-24-2008, 11:18 AM
I really feel we will be four games better, but if I had to put money on it, I'd say three games better. The offensive coordinator's gotta be good for a win or two, and if LJ is healthy for a full season, another win or two. In a perfect world, Connar Barth is all world and we don't lose three to missed field goals like last year (man I've just about got us going undefeated, it's fun to dream).
so we are all the way back to mediocre 7-9 huh. drafting at a #17 to #20

petegz28
07-24-2008, 11:25 AM
If we can manage at least one 1st down per posession this year that would be a huge step for this team.

rambleonthruthefog
07-24-2008, 11:26 AM
so we are all the way back to mediocre 7-9 huh. drafting at a #17 to #20

getting better is a good thing. 4 wins last yr, 8 wins this yr, maybe 12 wins and a run in the playoffs the following year.

whoever thinks that a top 5 pick in next years draft is the answer is a f*cking moron. what pick was Dbowe? what pick was TG? What pick was LJ? What pick was JA? shall i keep going? consistant improvement is the answer.

FAX
07-24-2008, 11:40 AM
I believe we will appear much improved at times, but very inconsistent. So far as I can tell, that's the most frustrating part about fielding a young team. You never know what you're getting from week to week. Akin to observing a one-eyed dog with a baloney tail in a very crowded beaver house, there will be many comments like, "What the hell are you doing?"

Herm's Heartbreakers.

FAX

StcChief
07-24-2008, 11:43 AM
I believe we will appear much improved at times, but very inconsistent. So far as I can tell, that's the most frustrating part about fielding a young team. You never know what you're getting from week to week. Akin to observing a one-eyed dog with a baloney tail in a very crowded beaver house, there will be many comments like, "What the hell are you doing?"

Herm's Heartbreakers.

FAXFAX Coined it and I agree. Win a few, lose a few heartbreakers

next we can move up to Browns level and be Cardiac Kids

FAX
07-24-2008, 11:50 AM
I don't know ... I kind of like Herm's One-Eyed Dog With A Baloney Tail In A Very Crowded Beaver House.

FAX

Skip Towne
07-24-2008, 11:52 AM
If Carl thought we were going to be good he would have raised ticket prices.

FAX
07-24-2008, 11:55 AM
If Carl thought we were going to be good he would have raised ticket prces.

ROLROLOLRROOL

Quite so, Mr. Skip Towne. Herm came, Herm saw, Herm yanked Carl's friggin' dream out from under his fashionable loafers.

CP is probably having migraines.

FAX

Mr. Plow
07-24-2008, 11:59 AM
getting better is a good thing. 4 wins last yr, 8 wins this yr, maybe 12 wins and a run in the playoffs the following year.

ROFL

Fish
07-24-2008, 12:02 PM
Yes way.

FAX
07-24-2008, 12:04 PM
Don't laugh, Mr. Mr. Plow. Mr. rambleonthruthefog's refreshingly positive attitude is nice to see. Frankly, we could use a little more of that around here. I remember a time when <strike>a lot of us</strike> <strike>some of us</strike> <strike>one guy</strike> <strike>a lonely, naive doofus on strong dope</strike> I thought we were going to be good someday.

FAX

Mr. Plow
07-24-2008, 12:08 PM
If we hit 5 wins this year, I'll be Mr. Positive.

HemiEd
07-24-2008, 12:10 PM
It is easy to become a playoff game winning, superbowl team. You just have to go 4-12 a couple years and you are golden.
Just ask Arizona, Cincinatti, Detroit, Oakland etc. No problem!

MegaMustache
07-24-2008, 12:11 PM
Yummy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5ORX3TPXcI

alpha_omega
07-24-2008, 12:14 PM
Too bad if you live in the KC Metro that we'll have to find out by listening to the radio broadcast of home games.

Ya, that will suck. The DT 7 sack game was the last one i remember listening to on the radio.

Mecca
07-24-2008, 12:51 PM
It is easy to become a playoff game winning, superbowl team. You just have to go 4-12 a couple years and you are golden.

I think most people here would switch teams with Arizona in the drop of a hat..Cincy also hasn't consistently picked in the top 10 lately....

I think the people expecting the Chiefs to be ok are the ones that are use to thinking 7-9 is a bad year, odds are this team will at best win 3-5 games.

OnTheWarpath15
07-24-2008, 12:56 PM
This is the one season I've ever NOT cared about wins and losses.

I just want to see individual and team improvement over the course of the season.

While I figure them to be a 4-6 win team, I'd be perfectly content with fewer wins if you could see that the team was getting better as they gained experience. Too many young players to expect much. But, if everyone pans out, and we have another draft in 2009 like 2008....2010 could be the beginnings of some great things.

I'm willing to wait.

rambleonthruthefog
07-24-2008, 12:56 PM

its not easy for any team, any season, ever.

Colts
1998 record 3-13
1999 record 13-3

Rams
1998 record 4-12
1999 record Super Bowl Champs

Patriots
2000 record 5-11
2001 record Super Bowl Champs

again, shall i continue, or would ya'll like to continue throwin your f*gg*t azz loser comments at me?

Mecca
07-24-2008, 01:00 PM
its not easy for any team, any season, ever.

Colts
1998 record 3-13
1999 record 13-3

Rams
1998 record 4-12
1999 record Super Bowl Champs

Patriots
2000 record 5-11
2001 record Super Bowl Champs

again, shall i continue, or would ya'll like to continue throwin your f*gg*t azz loser comments at me?

Show me where we have a QB that compares to those teams.....or really talent, we don't stack up to be able to do that.

OnTheWarpath15
07-24-2008, 01:04 PM
Show me where we have a QB that compares to those teams.....or really talent, we don't stack up to be able to do that.

While I do agree with you, STL and NE had no idea prior to that season that Warner and Brady would become, well, Warner and Brady. It was just as much a shock to them as it would be to us if Croyle had a phenomenal year.

And no, that doesn't mean I think Croyle is either of them, before you reply...

Mecca
07-24-2008, 01:07 PM
While I do agree with you, STL and NE had no idea prior to that season that Warner and Brady would become, well, Warner and Brady. It was just as much a shock to them as it would be to us if Croyle had a phenomenal year.

And no, that doesn't mean I think Croyle is either of them, before you reply...

Nah I know but even expecting that to happen is asking a ton.

Odds are we're gonna be picking top 5 again and I'm fine with that.

Easy 6
07-24-2008, 01:08 PM
We're gonna roll across the AFCW like an elephant through a wheatfield...

Or, maybe we'll go 8-8/9-7.

rambleonthruthefog
07-24-2008, 01:10 PM

I'm with warpath. i'm just sayin'

quit playin' the were gonna suck no matter what card. just about every player in this league is a phenomenal athlete. parody in the league is obvious. those who say we can't are chumps. will we or not, no one knows. but don't tell me we can't before we don't. getting better is what is important not getting a top 5 or 10 pick as i stated before, and after looking at last years box scores and stats, its gonna be damn difficult to be worse.

FAX
07-24-2008, 01:11 PM
We're gonna roll across the AFCW like an elephant through a wheatfield...

Or, maybe we'll go 8-8/9-7.

Something tells me we're going to have wheat in our ears.

FAX

OnTheWarpath15
07-24-2008, 01:11 PM
Nah I know but even expecting that to happen is asking a ton.

Odds are we're gonna be picking top 5 again and I'm fine with that.

Me too, though I might expand that to Top 10. Never know what other teams are going to do. IIRC, the Rams finished 5-11 recently and were picking 12th or something.

tmax63
07-24-2008, 01:13 PM
It's all gonna depend on the rookies. If Albert comes out and pancakes alot of the guys that line up against him, if Franklin comes in and provides an opening while everyone is watching DBowe and TG, if Dorsey turns into the beast he's expected to be etc,etc,etc. If most stumble we go 4-12, if most play well then 6-10/7-9 with big hopes for next year. If they all come out guns ablazin' they might sneak in the back door. I see 6-10 with big hopes for next year and maybe a top 15 pick in round 1.

Mecca
07-24-2008, 01:14 PM
I look at the schedule and I see a few things that hurt......

The beatable teams we have are mostly on the road, that hurts, we're in the AFC, we have a NFC division that may produce 2 playoff teams and several more contenders...

If you honestly think the Chiefs are going to win games go through their schedule and show me, I'm not willing to count any road game as a win, this team has always struggled on the road and bad teams struggle extremely on the road, that Falcons game that everyone thinks can be a win can easily be a loss since it's not here.

Easy 6
07-24-2008, 01:15 PM
Something tells me we're going to have wheat in our ears.

FAX

We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight in the landing fields yada, yada...

VICTORY OR GRAIN FILLED EARS!

kcchiefsus
07-24-2008, 01:17 PM
I think most people here would switch teams with Arizona in the drop of a hat..Cincy also hasn't consistently picked in the top 10 lately....

I think the people expecting the Chiefs to be ok are the ones that are use to thinking 7-9 is a bad year, odds are this team will at best win 3-5 games.

I disagree. I think our floor is 4 games barring ALOT of injuries. I mean, just look at some of the games on our schedule this year:

@ Oakland- 4-12 last year
Oakland- 4-12
Miami- 1-15
@ New York- 5-11
Buffalo- 7-9
@ Denver- 7-9
Denver- 7-9
@ Atlanta- 4-12
@ Carolina- 7-9
New Orleans- 7-9

We play 10 games against teams with losing records last year. Now you can probably say most of those teams improved this year but I would say so have we. Oakland, Atlanta, Miami, and New York are teams that I really don't see being any better than us. Also, look at the rush defense for each of those teams.

Oakland- 31st
Miami- 32nd
New York- 29th
Buffalo- 25th
Denver- 30th
Atlanta- 26th
Carolina- 18th
New Orleans- 13th

Most of those teams are at the bottom of the NFL in rush defense. Granted so were we but I like our chances with a healthy Larry Johnson and an improved offensive line to run all over most of those teams.

I see no reason why we can't see a game or two improvement over last years record. I also wouldn't be surprised to see a game like last years game at San Diego where we surprise everybody and beat a team we seem to have no business beating.

alpha_omega
07-24-2008, 01:19 PM
...the were gonna suck no matter what card...

But then we can all be ecstatic if it turns out that our team is actually any good.

Mecca
07-24-2008, 01:19 PM
Not counting any road game as a win for a team like this......

I think New Orleans and Buffalo will rip the Chiefs a new one to be honest with you.

OnTheWarpath15
07-24-2008, 01:30 PM
I look at the schedule and I see a few things that hurt......

The beatable teams we have are mostly on the road, that hurts, we're in the AFC, we have a NFC division that may produce 2 playoff teams and several more contenders...

If you honestly think the Chiefs are going to win games go through their schedule and show me, I'm not willing to count any road game as a win, this team has always struggled on the road and bad teams struggle extremely on the road, that Falcons game that everyone thinks can be a win can easily be a loss since it's not here.

I'm not that pessimistic about the road games, considering 2 of our 4 wins were on the road, against division rivals, no less.

I'll break it down this way:

No Chance: New England

Less than 25% chance: Tennesee, Tampa, New Orleans, San Diego, @ San Diego, @ Denver, @ Cincinnati

Toss up: Denver, Buffalo, @ Carolina, @ Jets, @ Oakland

Should win: Oakland, Miami, @ Atlanta

Easy 6
07-24-2008, 01:32 PM

I think New Orleans and Buffalo will rip the Chiefs a new one to be honest with you.

Why so?

I really dont get the Buffalo pick in particular.

kcchiefsus
07-24-2008, 01:33 PM
I'm not that pessimistic about the road games, considering 2 of our 4 wins were on the road, against division rivals, no less.

Less than 25% chance: Tennesee, Tampa, New Orleans, San Diego, @ San Diego, @ Denver, @ Cincinnati

I'm even a little more optomistic than you are about some of those games. Our home record last year obviously wasn't what it was in years past but I simply cannot believe we have a less than 25% chance against teams like Tennessee, Tampa, and New Orleans in our own backyard.

Dartgod
07-24-2008, 01:34 PM
Unless you're a "real" fan.

Mecca
07-24-2008, 01:34 PM

I think Buffalo is making the playoffs and I think Carolina is to talented to let us win I'd put them in the less than 25% mark......the others are fine other than I might move Atlanta to toss up being a road game.

Mecca
07-24-2008, 01:35 PM
I'm even a little more optomistic than you are about some of those games. Our home record last year obviously wasn't what it was in years past but I simply cannot believe we have a less than 25% chance against teams like Tennessee, Tampa, and New Orleans in our own backyard.

Just so you know when New Orleans scores 20 points the game will be over, offensive heavy teams are gonna make us look real bad.

kcchiefsus
07-24-2008, 01:36 PM

What's so great about Buffalo? Are you buying into the hype also, with Buffalo being no different than teams like Arizona, Houston, Detroit, etc. who are supposed to breakout every year? I don't buy it.

Mecca
07-24-2008, 01:37 PM
What's so great about Buffalo? Are you buying into the hype also, with Buffalo being no different than teams like Arizona, Houston, Detroit, etc. who are supposed to breakout every year? I don't buy it.

They improved over the course of last season with half their roster being on IR, when you factor in who's back from IR and their schedule I see them as an 11 win team.

Hog Rider
07-24-2008, 01:40 PM

But we could use a new one, couldn't we?

kcchiefsus
07-24-2008, 01:40 PM
Just so you know when New Orleans scores 20 points the game will be over, offensive heavy teams are gonna make us look real bad.

Cincinnati was supposed to be an offensive heavy team last year and while they still got their yards they couldn't score very often on us.

I guess I just haven't given up on this team before training camp or the season has even started. For all we know the offense could be even better than anybody expects. With guys like Tony Gonzalez, Dwayne Bowe, and Larry Johnson as well as rookies like Brad Cottam, Will Franklin, and Jammal Charles we certainly have the skill position players to put up some points. It all comes down to the offensive line being improved and Croyle being better. I assume you have no faith in either of those happening.

Mecca
07-24-2008, 01:41 PM
Cincy was bad in general though....the Saints are much better than that, you could see Cincy going down before that game came around.

Deberg_1990
07-24-2008, 01:44 PM
It all comes down to the offensive line being improved and Croyle being better. I assume you have no faith in either of those happening.

Its a QB driven league. If Croyle improves so will the win total.

kcchiefsus
07-24-2008, 01:48 PM
Its a QB driven league. If Croyle improves so will the win total.

I know. I just think it's funny that Mecca is already assuming Croyle will not make that improvement. I guess we should just wait until Mark Sanchez enters the draft to get a good quarterback.

FAX
07-24-2008, 01:49 PM

Not so, Mr. Mecca. The Kansas City Chiefs will roll into town in a dense, whirling fog of chaff and dust, stomping into a butcherly mush all who dare cross our path, hurling our pitiable foes into the air with our giant noses, impaling both guilty and innocent alike with our enormous teeth, and spraying our backs with river water. Then, without bothering to count the bodies, we'll wade back to the bus through the urine and blood and spittle and gore and dismembered, heaving, noisome remains of our enemies. Let no man doubt the horror.

FAX

Mecca
07-24-2008, 01:50 PM
Mecca got railed last year when he said the Chiefs would win 5 games.......

Even if Croyle is better look at this, LJ is declining, our best defensive player is gone.....there hasn't been "significant" improvement there's decent improvement.

Deberg_1990
07-24-2008, 01:54 PM
I know. I just think it's funny that Mecca is already assuming Croyle will not make that improvement. I guess we should just wait until Mark Sanchez enters the draft to get a good quarterback.

I dont have alot of faith in Croyle either, but hes who we are stuck with so ill root for him to get better. If he sucks this year, ill be rooting for the Chiefs to draft a top QB next year.

If Croyle sucks this year through the first half of the season and hes the only part of the team thats playing bad, i firmly expect to see Huard or some other vet (Leftwich perhaps?) in there. Especially if by some miracle we still have a playoff shot.

kcchiefsus
07-24-2008, 02:02 PM
Mecca got railed last year when he said the Chiefs would win 5 games.......

Even if Croyle is better look at this, LJ is declining, our best defensive player is gone.....there hasn't been "significant" improvement there's decent improvement.

LJ is declining based on what? Oh, I guess he gets the entire blame for last years performance. None of it has to do with the offensive line.

You know why Mecca gets railed? Because Mecca is a ****ing know-it-all who makes countless predictions and when he gets a couple right he loves to rub it in everybody's face.

beach tribe
07-24-2008, 02:03 PM
They improved over the course of last season with half their roster being on IR, when you factor in who's back from IR and their schedule I see them as an 11 win team.

11 wins with a 3rd rnd QB? You don't say.

Mecca
07-24-2008, 02:09 PM
LJ is declining based on what? Oh, I guess he gets the entire blame for last years performance. None of it has to do with the offensive line.

You know why Mecca gets railed? Because Mecca is a ****ing know-it-all who makes countless predictions and when he gets a couple right he loves to rub it in everybody's face.

Anyone with eyes can see LJ is declining he's an old RB with alot of mileage on his tires...

JuicesFlowing
07-24-2008, 02:11 PM
Whether we win more games this year or not, I think this year's team will be a lot more exciting to watch. I do think they can win more than 4, given the schedule and the fact that Mike Solari is gone.

Deberg_1990
07-24-2008, 02:20 PM
Anyone with eyes can see LJ is declining he's an old RB with alot of mileage on his tires...

But even you can admit if hes used properly, he can still be a highly effective back.

I mentioned in another thread that they need to limit him to 20-25 carries tops and to around 1200-1400 yards a year.

Give those extra carries and yards to Kolby and Charles. Extend his career by 3-4 years.

Tomlinson usually averages around 330 carries a year.

Probably helped him be more effective long term.

DT58HOF
07-24-2008, 02:23 PM
Yummy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5ORX3TPXcI

only 1 problem she has nice boobs but her belly is almost as big as her boobs!! YUCK:deevee:

Mama Hip Rockets
07-24-2008, 02:27 PM
i don't really see how the chiefs could possibly be much better this year. they traded their best player, and basically have a bunch of teenagers playing.

Baby Lee
07-24-2008, 02:32 PM
I'm fine being rid of everyone we've shed [ecstatic in places, satisfied with what we got in return in . . . ahem . . other]. I'm impressed with whom we've added.

We're going to be a good team soon, how soon depends on growing pains. Shades of a mini-cowboys revival in the offing.

Mr. Arrowhead
07-24-2008, 02:33 PM
we will definetly be more talented and yes better, but i dont know if Youth will translate that in more wins. But we will be better as far as talent goes.

blueballs
07-24-2008, 02:57 PM
I have the same hope for your mothers ass

RedThat
07-24-2008, 03:17 PM
I think the Chiefs will be just as bad as last year.

If anything, maybe a slight improvement? 5 or 6 wins thats it.

The team is just too young. A really young team will have it's share of growing pains. Young teams do make a lot of mistakes, and I expect that from the Chiefs this year.

I think having a good draft is a necessity for this franchise to improve and have some sort of foundation built for itself. Drafting a DT, and a LT are good starts, hopefully those guys will be good because those postions are key to building a good team.

I just don't see it this year. Unless Croyle surprises like Derrick Anderson did last year, and if Brandon Albert becomes the next Joe Thomas in this draft year. But those are some high odds for that to happen.

I don't like the coaching in particular. I think the overall game planning, play calling, and lack of execution in performance on the football field are what killed this team last year, and I anticipate the same thing will happen this year.

StcChief
07-24-2008, 03:20 PM
Herm's Heartbreakers /FAX will keep Chief faithful guessing

tmax63
07-24-2008, 03:26 PM
I think Chan Gailey solves at least 2 of the problems you foresee.

King_Chief_Fan
07-24-2008, 03:28 PM
I think the Chiefs will be just as bad as last year.

If anything, maybe a slight improvement? 5 or 6 wins thats it.

The team is just too young. A really young team will have it's share of growing pains. Young teams do make a lot of mistakes, and I expect that from the Chiefs this year.

I think having a good draft is a necessity for this franchise to improve and have some sort of foundation built for itself. Drafting a DT, and a LT are good starts, hopefully those guys will be good because those postions are key to building a good team.

I just don't see it this year. Unless Croyle surprises like Derrick Anderson did last year, and if Brandon Albert becomes the next Joe Thomas in this draft year. But those are some high odds for that to happen.

I don't like the coaching in particular. I think the overall game planning, play calling, and lack of execution in performance on the football field are what killed this team last year, and I anticipate the same thing will happen this year.

and if all fails......we draft a QB to continue to build the team

RedThat
07-24-2008, 03:34 PM
Maybe the Chiefs are better off getting Brett Favre?

And then next year you draft BPA.

The QB class is weak next year. But hey you never know? what do I know?:shrug:

Nzoner
07-24-2008, 03:36 PM
I don't have any faith in Herm,I just hope I'm wrong because I'll gladly eat crow

RedThat
07-24-2008, 03:40 PM
I don't have any faith in Herm,I just hope I'm wrong because I'll gladly eat crow

I agree with you. As a coach I don't think he can do it.

But I think he will help in the overall evaluation and scouting process? Recruiting better players out of the collegiate level.

There are some pros and cons to that. You can do draft good players out of college, but if your coach isn't that good? kinda like a catch 22?

better hope the guys the Chiefs draft are prepared up and comers. Blue chippers I'd say.

Deberg_1990
07-24-2008, 03:44 PM
I agree with you. As a coach I don't think he can do it.

But I think he will help in the overall evaluation and scouting process? Recruiting better players out of the collegiate level.

There are some pros and cons to that. You can do draft good players out of college, but if your coach isn't that good? kinda like a catch 22?

better hope the guys the Chiefs draft are prepared up and comers. Blue chippers I'd say.

A good NFL head coach will surround himself with top notch assistants. Look at Super Bowl or consistant playoff winning teams. Other teams always want to raid their position coaches.

Has Herm ever really surrounded himself with top assistants???

kcchiefsus
07-24-2008, 03:48 PM
Maybe the Chiefs are better off getting Brett Favre?

And then next year you draft BPA.

The QB class is weak next year. But hey you never know? what do I know?:shrug:

Things can change over the course of a year though. Nobody thought Matt Ryan was a top 5 pick a year ago. For all we know guys like Matthew Stafford, Rudy Carpenter, Curtis Painter, etc. could establish themselves as top quarterbacks.

Although hopefully Brodie Croyle does enough for us to not need one.

kcchiefsus
07-24-2008, 03:49 PM
A good NFL head coach will surround himself with top notch assistants. Look at Super Bowl or consistant playoff winning teams. Other teams always want to raid their position coaches.

What's wrong with Chan Gailey?

RedThat
07-24-2008, 03:52 PM

Yes he has..Dick Curl..lol

just being sarcastic there. you gotta point.

He hasn't really? Donnie Henderson is a decent defensive coordinator and so is Gun.

Hopefully Chan Gailey can be an upgrade? they're gonna need him to be.

Deberg_1990
07-24-2008, 03:53 PM
What's wrong with Chan Gailey?

Nothing. At least i hope not. But hes about the biggest "name assistant" Herm has ever had.

Bwana
07-24-2008, 03:54 PM
We win four games max this year, but it will be worth it in two years or so, if they can build something worth watching.

RedThat
07-24-2008, 03:57 PM
Things can change over the course of a year though. Nobody thought Matt Ryan was a top 5 pick a year ago. For all we know guys like Matthew Stafford, Rudy Carpenter, Curtis Painter, etc. could establish themselves as top quarterbacks.

Although hopefully Brodie Croyle does enough for us to not need one.

You're right. Lets hope Brodie can become a good one. There gonna need him to be. But I think he is gonna need all the help he can get. I really hope Albert can be a great player for the Chiefs. They really need a top flight OLineman. LJ should improve the running game. And I even think have Chan Gailey will help do wonders for the running game.

that is a positive for a quarterback. the saying goes, a QB's best friend is a good running game, and of course a good offensive line.

*A running game will open things up for your QB. And when Brodie had time to throw the ball, he was pretty good.

kcchiefsus
07-24-2008, 04:03 PM
We win four games max this year, but it will be worth it in two years or so, if they can build something worth watching.

Again, I don't see how 4 games should be our max. Not when we were sitting at 4-3 a year ago and then lost 9 straight once LJ went down. With a healthy LJ back I think we are improved at just about every position except for defensive end. I think our ceiling is 6, MAYBE 7 wins. But if I had to guess I would say 6-10 for us.

rad
07-24-2008, 04:05 PM
I think we're gonna break the all-time NFL single-season record for penalties.

kcchiefsus
07-24-2008, 04:13 PM
I think we're gonna break the all-time NFL single-season record for penalties.

And why is that? Herm Edwards teams are usually very disciplined teams. We are certainly not the first team to go young.

FAX
07-24-2008, 04:32 PM
And why is that? Herm Edwards teams are usually very disciplined teams. We are certainly not the first team to go young.

Too many plays for negative yards will do it, Mr. kcchiefsus. If, for example, we start on the 50 and run 3 consecutive plays for a total of 150 negative yards, they'll have to spot the ball somewhere in the parking lot and that's bound to lead to delay of game.

FAX

kcchiefsus
07-24-2008, 04:43 PM
Too many plays for negative yards will do it, Mr. kcchiefsus. If, for example, we start on the 50 and run 3 consecutive plays for a total of 150 negative yards, they'll have to spot the ball somewhere in the parking lot and that's bound to lead to delay of game.

FAX

What do plays for negative yards have to do with penalties?

beach tribe
07-24-2008, 04:46 PM
I think if we can run the ball effectively,and stop the run, some people are in for a pleasant surprise.

keg in kc
07-24-2008, 05:26 PM
I said the same thing leading into the 2007 season.

Learned my lesson.

beach tribe
07-24-2008, 05:59 PM

We may end up winning that many, but it's not impossible to pull out more.

Four Max? doubt it. Fourish? Likely.

beach tribe
07-24-2008, 06:00 PM
I said the same thing leading into the 2007 season.

Learned my lesson.

Yea, but we didn't run the ball effectively, or stop the run. So what lesson did you learn exactly?

alanm
07-24-2008, 06:22 PM
Cincinnati was supposed to be an offensive heavy team last year and while they still got their yards they couldn't score very often on us.

I guess I just haven't given up on this team before training camp or the season has even started. For all we know the offense could be even better than anybody expects. With guys like Tony Gonzalez, Dwayne Bowe, and Larry Johnson as well as rookies like Brad Cottam, Will Franklin, and Jammal Charles we certainly have the skill position players to put up some points. It all comes down to the offensive line being improved and Croyle being better. I assume you have no faith in either of those happening.
None of those guys went to USC.

Mecca
07-24-2008, 07:10 PM
None of those guys went to USC.

Hey you can't deny the fact that we could use some SC guys.

tmax63
07-24-2008, 07:37 PM
I'd help her have at least one more or at least give it a shot.....

blueballs
12-23-2008, 11:20 PM
rumbleonthruthefog bump night
is not looking good for rumble

Reerun_KC
12-23-2008, 11:20 PM
We are worse than last year...

FloridaMan88
12-24-2008, 03:09 PM
You are what your record says you are and the Chiefs record is 2-13

You can't spin it any other way

rambleonthruthefog
12-24-2008, 04:25 PM
i've been called out, and fairly so. what a mess this season has been. i was duped by the averageness of the chiefs i grew to love. i blame herm more than anyone. and i'm glad to see the king has stepped down. to those of you who called me on my homerism, blow me. i'm optomistic about our future, though i would like it to be hermless. i understand if they give him next season. i won't understand if he still sucks, and they give him the whole season, again though. c'mon draft. and brock, you're still a buzzkill.

BigChiefFan
12-24-2008, 04:30 PM
i've been called out, and fairly so. what a mess this season has been. i was duped by the averageness of the chiefs i grew to love. i blame herm more than anyone. and i'm glad to see the king has stepped down. to those of you who called me on my homerism, blow me. i'm optomistic about our future, though i would like it to be hermless. i understand if they give him next season. i won't understand if he still sucks, and they give him the whole season, again though. c'mon draft. and brock, you're still a buzzkill.
He's here to take his lumps-good move.

TEX
12-24-2008, 05:55 PM
I actually picked the Chiefs to be WORSE than last year way back in this thread. I had them going 3-13. I knew they would be bad, but looks like they're gonna be even worse than I thought. Hard to believe when I went into the season expecting just 3 wins... :doh!:

Bowser
12-24-2008, 05:56 PM
FATALITY bump.

KCBOSS1
12-24-2008, 06:04 PM
Actually, I agree with the original post. I don't think that we are as bad as last year. I think that there were several games this year that could have gone the other way fairly easy. But it is what it is. Our record is worse and maybe our draft pick is higher, at least by one. I have some optimism as well. I think we need to start with the entire coaching staff....clean house. Then maybe a quarterback depending on who's available, draft or otherwise....Use LJ in the offseason to acquire some stud offensive line men. then build from the trenches out in the draft, beginning with the offensive line.

blueballs
12-24-2008, 06:38 PM
Actually, I agree with the original post. I don't think that we are as bad as last year. I think that there were several games this year that could have gone the other way fairly easy. But it is what it is. Our record is worse and maybe our draft pick is higher, at least by one. I have some optimism as well. I think we need to start with the entire coaching staff....clean house. Then maybe a quarterback depending on who's available, draft or otherwise....Use LJ in the offseason to acquire some stud offensive line men. then build from the trenches out in the draft, beginning with the offensive line.

Bowe dropping the on-side kick
and possibly one in NE

Bwana
12-24-2008, 10:39 PM
Again, I don't see how 4 games should be our max. Not when we were sitting at 4-3 a year ago and then lost 9 straight once LJ went down. With a healthy LJ back I think we are improved at just about every position except for defensive end. I think our ceiling is 6, MAYBE 7 wins. But if I had to guess I would say 6-10 for us.

Can you hear me now?

Brock
12-24-2008, 10:58 PM
Merry Christmas Homer.