PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Bob Gretz reports Dorsey agrees to terms

JuicesFlowing
07-26-2008, 05:58 AM
I found this on www.bobgretz.com

Dorsey Agees To Terms
July 26, 2008 - Bob Gretz |

From River Falls, Wisconsin

There’s a very simple fact that is the engine that drives all negotiations. It doesn’t matter if two countries are negotiating a treaty or a parent is trying to convince junior to eat his peas. The only way any negotiation reaches a conclusion is if all parties want there to be an ending.

On Friday, there were finally two parties at the negotiating table looking to make a deal in the talks between the Chiefs and No. 1 choice Glenn Dorsey.

We can tell you exclusively that Dorsey agreed to a five-year contract late Friday evening. Terms are sketchy but the numbers that will likely be thrown around the most are $50 million if he maxes out all the bonuses in the contract. The guaranteed money will be $22 million.

The defensive tackle out of LSU is expected here in River Falls on Saturday to sign the deal and get to work.

For some in the Chiefs Nation, the fact that Dorsey missed the first two days of camp is a big problelm and the villian is one person and one person only: Carl Peterson.

You know the themes … Carl never gets his first round picks signed … the Chiefs always have problems negotiating contracts because of Peterson … Carl is personally responsible for $4 a gallon gas … if it wasn’t for Carl Peterson, there would be peace in the Middle East … yada, yada, yada.

In the vacuum of Peterson haters, fed by his good friends in the media, he’s the only guy in the league that can’t get his No. 1 draft choice signed on time.

Did you notice on Friday that the Seattle Seahawks signed their first-round draft choice DE Lawrence Jackson? With that signing, Jackson becomes the first Seahawks No. 1 choice to sign before training camp opened since 2003.

I thought only Peterson couldn’t get his guys signed?

Peterson said on Thursday that the breakdown in negotiations with Dorsey came because his agent Joel Segal wasn’t much interested in getting a deal done right now. Did Peterson intend to send a message with his comment? Of course he did.

Segal is notorious in the NFL for being more concerned about recruiting his next client than getting a deal done. Thus, he wants to see what the players drafted ahead of his client received and what the players selected after him were paid before he agrees to a deal.

In other words, he wants other people to do the heaving lifting of negotiating. He does not want to be caught with a deal that may be called poor, because it will be used against him in signing players for the next draft.

This isn’t something Peterson made up. Here’s what appeared on ProFootballTalk.com this week.

Some media pundits think the whole premise is ridiculous. Why would an agent not get a contract done if the players ahead of him have contracts and have set the market?

Why? Listen to New Orleans GM Mickey Loomis talk about agents. He’s trying to get the seventh choice in the ‘08 Draft signed, DE Sedrick Ellis:

“They’re all just waiting, not wanting to be first … It’s frustrating because I feel like it’s about the agents of these guys not wanting to look bad as opposed to any concern for getting the player in here and getting him acclimated,” Loomis told the Biloxi (Miss.), Sun Herald. “Frankly [the agents] are looking for some huge increases. Yeah, they’ll do a deal if you want to give them outrageous increases. I just don’t know any business that you hand out 20 percent, 30 percent increases every year. You’re not going to be in business very long if you do that.”

To bring a negotiation to an end, there must be a desire to get it done on both sides. The Chiefs and Carl Peterson want to get a deal done weeks ago. Joe Segal finally joined them on Friday.

So say hello to River Falls, Glenn Dorsey.

the Talking Can
07-26-2008, 06:01 AM
awesome!!!

props to carl for doing his job right for once..............

blueballs
07-26-2008, 06:01 AM
first in with
link

the Talking Can
07-26-2008, 06:02 AM
Dorsey Agees To Terms
July 26, 2008 - Bob Gretz |

From River Falls, Wisconsin

There’s a very simple fact that is the engine that drives all negotiations. It doesn’t matter if two countries are negotiating a treaty or a parent is trying to convince junior to eat his peas. The only way any negotiation reaches a conclusion is if all parties want there to be an ending.

On Friday, there were finally two parties at the negotiating table looking to make a deal in the talks between the Chiefs and No. 1 choice Glenn Dorsey.

We can tell you exclusively that Dorsey agreed to a five-year contract late Friday evening. Terms are sketchy but the numbers that will likely be thrown around the most are $50 million if he maxes out all the bonuses in the contract. The guaranteed money will be $22 million.

noob breaks the story....you should have charged premium...

Rausch
07-26-2008, 06:03 AM
And it is done.

I really don't care if our 7th round pick ever gets signed...

blueballs
07-26-2008, 06:05 AM
it's not up at kcchiefs.com
yet

JuicesFlowing
07-26-2008, 06:06 AM
I found it on bobgretz.com, just stumbled upon it this morning.

blueballs
07-26-2008, 06:09 AM
He broke it on his own web site first
Gretz is freelancing
The King must really be dead

CupidStunt
07-26-2008, 06:17 AM
Good stuff.

It was obvious Segal was the problem all along.

StcChief
07-26-2008, 06:21 AM
yeah. all in but #7 who's injuried.... no more excuses

big nasty kcnut
07-26-2008, 06:33 AM
Great news but you know this was carl fault till he leave everything carl fault. Dammit carl.

brorth
07-26-2008, 06:39 AM
I'm so conflicted, I can't stand anything he writes, but I just bookmarked his site and caught myself enjoying the Saturday Morning Cup O'Chiefs. Please someone tell me that I'm just enjoying reading about football, please.

Hammock Parties
07-26-2008, 06:42 AM
I just talked to Nick. He said the Chiefs are furious at Bob Gretz. Not sure why. It's a free country.

blueballs
07-26-2008, 06:44 AM
bring out your dead
your dead king
bring out your dead

KcMizzou
07-26-2008, 06:50 AM
Damnit Carl! :cuss:

Please, please... continue with the wailing and gnashing of teeth...

Bwana
07-26-2008, 07:12 AM
Nice!

tomahawk kid
07-26-2008, 07:14 AM
I just talked to Nick. He said the Chiefs are furious at Bob Gretz. Not sure why. It's a free country.

Less hits on kcchiefs.com?
:shrug:

petegz28
07-26-2008, 07:21 AM
Did 6-8 sign?

Hammock Parties
07-26-2008, 07:27 AM
BTW...you can call me nostradamus:

http://kan.scout.com/2/770765.html

Nick and Chris dove into the guts of the situation, so I’ll just offer up a prediction: Everyone but Dorsey will be inked before training camp. The rookie defensive tackle will miss a day or two of camp. No big deal, especially compared to Dwayne Bowe's holdout a year ago. Besides, there's just no way the Chiefs can have two first-round defensive tackles hold out in seven years, is there?

ct
07-26-2008, 07:34 AM
gotta give some props to bobby on this one, scooped his bosses, nice!

And props to CP for getting this done.

Oh, and while we're at it, props to the relative n00b for busting the scoop on the planet, nice job there dude!

milkman
07-26-2008, 07:40 AM
Great news but you know this was carl fault till he leave everything carl fault. Dammit carl.

Yeah everything is carls fault including that you are almost illiterate and yet want to be a writer.

You might want to buy some punctuation it can only help cause writing like this is just almost unreadable though you won't be able to tell the difference.

I had to stop myself from adding punctuation it wasn't easy.

petegz28
07-26-2008, 07:42 AM
Yeah everything is carls fault including that you are almost illiterate and yet want to be a writer.

You might want to buy some punctuation it can only help cause writing like this is just almost unreadable though you won't be able to tell the difference.

I had to stop myself from adding punctuation it wasn't easy.

Everything is Carl's fault.

Phobia
07-26-2008, 07:42 AM
gotta give some props to bobby on this one, scooped his bosses, nice!

And props to CP for getting this done.

Oh, and while we're at it, props to the relative n00b for busting the scoop on the planet, nice job there dude!

Also props to claythan for patting himself on the back. Well done, claythan. That was really awesome. I'm not sure how this thread became about you but it's an incredible accomplishment anyway.

KCUnited
07-26-2008, 07:43 AM
The best part of waking up, is Dorsey in our camp.

ct
07-26-2008, 07:44 AM
Top player note on rotoworld...

Glenn Dorsey - DL Jul. 26 - 9:35 am et

Chiefs agreed to terms with first-round DT Glenn Dorsey.

Details have not yet been released. Dorsey, perhaps this year's most talented rookie, is expected to step in and start immediately at defensive tackle.

Warrior5
07-26-2008, 07:45 AM

Dammit Gretz!:cuss:

Nightfyre
07-26-2008, 07:50 AM
bring out your dead
your dead king
bring out your dead

I'm not quite dead!

markk
07-26-2008, 07:51 AM
i will bookmark gretz, seems like he has some good inside info

the Talking Can
07-26-2008, 07:53 AM
BTW...you can call me nostradamus:

http://kan.scout.com/2/770765.html

could we please have one single thread that isn't about you, your sad self-esteem, and WPI?

Please?

i'm asking seriously, because this place sucks ever since the mods gave WPI the permission to treat it like the classifieds in Fat Dyke Mag....

Ebolapox
07-26-2008, 07:53 AM
I'm not quite dead!

oh, yes you are.

OnTheWarpath15
07-26-2008, 07:56 AM
Looks like it's time for people to move to the next reason to hate Carl...

Everyone signed, 1 day into camp?

Impressive.

Nightfyre
could we please have one single thread that isn't about you, your sad self-esteem, and WPI?

Please?

i'm asking seriously, because this place sucks ever since the mods gave WPI the permission to treat it like the classifieds in Fat Dyke Mag....

Seconded.

Zebedee DuBois
...and there was much rejoicing...

yeah!

chiefqueen
07-26-2008, 07:57 AM
Guess it's official... here's the Star's link:

http://www.kansascity.com/news/breaking_news/story/721526.html

2bikemike
07-26-2008, 07:57 AM
Wow good news! I guess its a good thing the Jets and Ghoulston agreed to terms.

PhillyChiefFan
07-26-2008, 08:00 AM
And it is done.

I really don't care if our 7th round pick ever gets signed...

Seriously! The guy doesn't have a leg to stand on. He should feel lucky to even be drafted. I would play for league minimum!

GREAT news about Dorsey!

milkman

Impressive.

Aren't all of the old reasons enough?

markk

Please?

where am i going to get my Texas Rangers news?

milkman
07-26-2008, 08:02 AM
where am i going to get my Texas Rangers news?

Who the hell cares?

Braincase
07-26-2008, 08:03 AM
OMG!

OnTheWarpath15
Aren't all of the old reasons enough?

For this crowd?

Anything is enough. We're dealing with people who could be holding a lottery ticket worth 10K and bitch because it wasn't worth more.

Color me crazy, but I'm going to bash him when he deserves to be bashed, and praise him when he deserves to be praised.

This is a time for praise.

DaFace
Wow...impressive. I'd figure it'd be another week at least before he was signed.

Is there some back-story to this seventh-rounder dude not being signed? WTF?

tomahawk kid
07-26-2008, 08:06 AM
Also props to claythan for patting himself on the back. Well done, claythan. That was really awesome. I'm not sure how this thread became about you but it's an incredible accomplishment anyway.

I chuckle every time I read one of these.

They come off bitter as f#ck, but funny nonetheless.

tomahawk kid
07-26-2008, 08:07 AM
For this crowd?

Anything is enough. We're dealing with people who could be holding a lottery ticket worth 10K and bitch because it wasn't worth more.

Color me crazy, but I'm going to bash him when he deserves to be bashed, and praise him when he deserves to be praised.

This is a time for praise.

QFT
:clap:

OnTheWarpath15
07-26-2008, 08:08 AM
Wow...impressive. I'd figure it'd be another week at least before he was signed.

Yeah, he's injured, coming off surgery. Won't be signed until he's cleared for practice.

Coogs
07-26-2008, 08:09 AM

He is still recovering from an injury. He will sign when he is completely recovered. I am assuming that the resaon for this is because someone must be cut once he signs, so why sign him and have to cut a player when he can not practice.

milkman
07-26-2008, 08:11 AM

This is how I felt.

Pretty pleased with the way things worked out here.

DaFace
07-26-2008, 08:11 AM
Yeah, he's injured, coming off surgery. Won't be signed until he's cleared for practice.

He is still recovering from an injury. He will sign when he is completely recovered. I am assuming that the resaon for this is because someone must be cut once he signs, so why sign him and have to cut a player when he can not practice.

Ahh...that makes more sense. Thanks for the explanations.

In that case, I'm pretty impressed all around. 12 picks is a truckload of people to get signed, and they got them all done only one day behind. We were probably helped by 1-4 and 6 getting signed on time, but still.

tmax63
07-26-2008, 08:13 AM
Obviously the next reason to bitch about Carl is that the 7th rd pick (who is TG, Gates, and Kellen Winslow all rolled into one with Jason Dunn's blocking ability added in as a gift) hasn't signed yet. Of course everyone isn't signed and into camp yet. Why let a little detail like an injury and not being able to practice get in the way. You guys are letting Carl off way too easy on this one. I'm sure Dorsey missed some vital detail given out during the gym shorts walk-thru that will torpedo the entire season. All hope is lost.

Nightfyre
07-26-2008, 08:15 AM
Obviously the next reason to bitch about Carl is that the 7th rd pick (who is TG, Gates, and Kellen Winslow all rolled into one with Jason Dunn's blocking ability added in as a gift) hasn't signed yet. Of course everyone isn't signed and into camp yet. Why let a little detail like an injury and not being able to practice get in the way. You guys are letting Carl off way too easy on this one. I'm sure Dorsey missed some vital detail given out during the gym shorts walk-thru that will torpedo the entire season. All hope is lost.

There was hope to begin with?

FAX
07-26-2008, 08:22 AM
Dum dum dum .... de dum de dum .... hmmm ... I seem to be missing my Crazy Crayon.

Great news on Dorsey. Surprisingly fast after yesterday's dire reports. Like many here, I expected this in maybe a week or so. I trust there are flights into River Falls from wherever he is.

As for Mr. GoChiefs, I think the WPI stuff needs to end. I like Mr. GoChiefs very much and believe him to be a good, solid writer in the making, but the WPI promotions have gotten old, at least to me. I've asked this question in the past but still don't understand why the WPI hype isn't considered spam on this board. Everybody knows the link by this point and if they wanted to go there, they know the way.

FAX

Mizzou_8541
07-26-2008, 08:24 AM
Good news. Let's get to work.

Smed1065
07-26-2008, 08:26 AM
He broke it on his own web site first
Gretz is freelancing
The King must really be dead

WPI reported 4 months ago. Told ya it was going to surprise you.

stumppy
07-26-2008, 08:26 AM
Dum dum dum .... de dum de dum .... hmmm ... I seem to be missing my Crazy Crayon.

Great news on Dorsey. Surprisingly fast after yesterday's dire reports. Like many here, I expected this in maybe a week or so. I trust there are flights into River Falls from wherever he is.

As for Mr. GoChiefs, I think the WPI stuff needs to end. I like Mr. GoChiefs very much and believe him to be a good, solid writer in the making, but the WPI promotions have gotten old, at least to me. I've asked this question in the past but still don't understand why the WPI hype isn't considered spam on this board. Everybody knows the link by this point and if they wanted to go there, they know the way.

FAX

He gets away with it because he is the wind beneath our wangs.

:D
Stolen, fair and square.

the Talking Can
07-26-2008, 08:33 AM

FAX

i've been waiting for that explanation for a very, very long time...

in the absence of any stated rationale for allowing Chiefsplanet to become a mere dumping site for WPI, i can only assume that the mods condone it....

it's driving my enjoyment and use of this site to zero...not that anyone should care (trust me, i'm not the "i'm leaving for good!" type)...

Smed1065
07-26-2008, 08:36 AM

Impressive.

:cuss:

Damn it Carl.

Looks like his pressure was well timed as well.

That fudger, he planned this all along, I bet! Conspiracy!

Now can he pay the bet with character?

Bet hes already looking for another team for second contract. /CP Posters.

DaFace
07-26-2008, 08:37 AM

FAX

My personal feeling is that it's no big when he posts articles with links. That's really no different than posting an article from the Star, for example. I can see how the shameless promotion in every thread would get old for some, though. Of course, Phobia does basically the same thing on occasion and no one seems to mind. Neither really bother me.

If it bothers people that much, there are two options. 1) Start a poll of some sort asking for people to agree to some rule about it or 2)Use the ignore feature. That's what it's there for.

Smed1065
07-26-2008, 08:40 AM
For this crowd?

Repost!

DeezNutz
07-26-2008, 08:40 AM
it's driving my enjoyment and use of this site to zero...not that anyone should care (trust me, i'm not the "i'm leaving for good!" type)...

Why let it bother you so much? There are numerous posters on this board that like to wave their hands in the air and announce that they've just taken a dump in their diapers. I glance, and keep moving.

Though I'm not a very aged voice on this site, in fact far from it, it does seem to me that GoatSex contributes more positively than not. Therefore the Warpaint stuff doesn't tend to upset me. Perhaps if I had been subjected to this for a longer period of time, I'd think differently?

OnTheWarpath15
07-26-2008, 08:41 AM
Repost!

LMAO

Dartgod
07-26-2008, 08:43 AM

FAX
I couldn't agree more. We get links from all kinds of news sources here, so if it was only occasionally happening, it wouldn't bother me so much.

But that's not the case. He posts multiple articles every day. I think its time for the mods to put a stop to it.

DeezNutz
07-26-2008, 08:44 AM
In the spirit of this thread:

Nice work, Carl. Now let's get these young players on the field.

:rockon:

FAX
07-26-2008, 08:47 AM
My personal feeling is that it's no big when he posts articles with links. That's really no different than posting an article from the Star, for example. I can see how the shameless promotion in every thread would get old for some, though. Of course, Phobia does basically the same thing on occasion and no one seems to mind. Neither really bother me.

If it bothers people that much, there are two options. 1) Start a poll of some sort asking for people to agree to some rule about it or 2)Use the ignore feature. That's what it's there for.

I don't want to put Mr. GoChiefs on ignore. And, I'm not talking about posting articles with links. I'm referring to the posts that are nothing more or less than WPI references ... and when someone says something about it, Mr. GoChiefs responds with, "It's just a joke." These happen often and are easy to find. I'm sorry, Mr. DaFace, but there's no way those cannot be considered as spam.

FAX

Dartgod
07-26-2008, 08:48 AM
I couldn't agree more. We get links from all kinds of news sources here, so if it was only occasionally happening, it wouldn't bother me so much.

But that's not the case. He posts multiple shitty articles every day. I think its time for the mods to put a stop to it.
FMP...

milkman
07-26-2008, 08:51 AM
Repost!

Reposts are Carl's fault.

Damnit Carl!!!:cuss:

Crush
07-26-2008, 08:53 AM
:cuss: Carl pissed in my coffee! Damn it Carl!

Deberg_1990
07-26-2008, 08:54 AM

Gotta love Goat Turd's always professional attitude.

DaFace
07-26-2008, 08:55 AM
I don't want to put Mr. GoChiefs on ignore. And, I'm not talking about posting articles with links. I'm referring to the posts that are nothing more or less than WPI references ... and when someone says something about it, Mr. GoChiefs responds with, "It's just a joke." These happen often and are easy to find. I'm sorry, Mr. DaFace, but there's no way those cannot be considered as spam.

FAX

I just don't really see it that way. I see it like this...

I work for a market research company. If I were posting on a market research forum, I'd probably frequently talk about the work I do at my own company every day. GoChiefs writes for WPI, but posts frequently here. I don't truly believe that he's trying to "convert" people to WPI for financial gain. He's just excited about his work and wants people to know about it.

That being said, I've always believed (evidenced by my "overthinking") that this place should be a democracy whenever possible. If you can think of some concrete rule to enforce here and get people to agree to it, I'll do what I can to make it happen.

EDIT: In thinking about it, it may not be fair to require a concrete rule here. Maybe just a poll about "Should the mods be more strict on considering WPI stuff spam?" or something to that affect. Maybe.

Smed1065
07-26-2008, 08:55 AM

But that's not the case. He posts multiple articles every day. I think its time for the mods to put a stop to it.

They even pimp the mornings are free but have to subscribe for the evening reports. But I believe there are postings saying Evening report up now?

I think it is crazy because it is at least once a day, if not more. I have noticed lately it is worse IMO.

I am biased, I paid for 2 years and know what happens there. Not just the influence of this site.

IMHO If Fax thinks it is too much, it probably is.

I can also tell you about a Philadelphia website but it might be true as well.

I was here for three years before I started to hate certain relations but it has been tolerated more in the last year like crazy. IMHO.

cabletech94
07-26-2008, 08:58 AM
Hey guys I'm new here, but I haven't seen anyone do this yet: Print 'em!!!

DaFace
07-26-2008, 08:58 AM
Hey guys I'm new here, but I haven't seen anyone do this yet: Print 'em!!!

ROFL...nicely done n00b. Nicely done.

And welcome.

Adept Havelock
07-26-2008, 09:00 AM
Fantastic news. What a way to start a Saturday. PBJ

stumppy
07-26-2008, 09:03 AM

FAX

Why don't we all grab some torches, a few pitchforks, shovels, and the like. Then we can all meet down the road from WPI and run Goat boy and his coworkers out of town. We could tar and feather them too.

Mr. Kotter
07-26-2008, 09:04 AM
Great news. :clap:

Let the rebuilding begin... :(

BigRedChief
07-26-2008, 09:11 AM
i will bookmark gretz, seems like he has some good inside info
His lips will need to be blow torched off of King Carl's ass when King Carl leaves in 2010.

FAX
07-26-2008, 09:13 AM

I work for a market research company. If I were posting on a market research forum, I'd probably frequently talk about the work I do at my own company every day. GoChiefs writes for WPI, but posts frequently here. I don't truly believe that he's trying to "convert" people to WPI for financial gain. He's just excited about his work and wants people to know about it.

That being said, I've always believed (evidenced by my "overthinking") that this place should be a democracy whenever possible. If you can think of some concrete rule to enforce here and get people to agree to it, I'll do what I can to make it happen.

I fully understand what you're saying, Mr. DaFace and I appreciate your openness to finding a solution.

Basically, the issue is this; I can put Mr. GoChiefs on ignore (which I don't want to do because I enjoy the vast majority of his posts), but that is modifying my behavior which, in this particular case, are not the actions in question. Or, I can complain about it, which may or may not result in a solution and makes me look like a whiner. Or, I can just let it go and do what I'm doing now which is overlook those posts to the best of my ability.

Again, I have no problem whatsoever with WPI articles on the subject of the Chiefs or football in general. It's good content and Chiefs news is always welcome in my brain. And, as I've said, I think Mr. GoChiefs writing is solid and improving. My concern has to do with the obvious plugs for WPI that are posted in the guise of "jokes". I think we both know the posts to which I am referring.

The obvious solution is that Mr. GoChiefs voluntarily modify his behavior and cease the WPI posts that are intended solely and particularly to get on peoples' nerves for humor's sake. With that in mind, I hereby challenge Mr. GoChiefs to end that practice in the name of sanity and Len Dawson's liver.

FAX

rambleonthruthefog
07-26-2008, 09:14 AM
this is wonderful wonderful news. Dorsey only one day late. so basically he missed nothing. might as well consider him on time. good good stuff.

Sure-Oz
07-26-2008, 09:15 AM
Hell Yes...i had a feeling he'd sign by next week! Great news!

DaFace
07-26-2008, 09:17 AM
The obvious solution is that Mr. GoChiefs voluntarily modify his behavior and cease the WPI posts that are intended solely and particularly to get on peoples' nerves for humor's sake. With that in mind, I hereby challenge Mr. GoChiefs to end that practice in the name of sanity and Len Dawson's liver.

FAX

Well put, Mr. FAX. I second your challenge.

BigRedChief
07-26-2008, 09:17 AM

EDIT: In thinking about it, it may not be fair to require a concrete rule here. Maybe just a poll about "Should the mods be more strict on considering WPI stuff spam?" or something to that affect. Maybe.
I agree except for the democracy part when we have an individual pissing everyone off but not violating TOS. If we started ruling this place by what the majority thinks it would soon turn into a very bland place.

I've been a supporter of GoChiefs work since day 1. He does have talent. His Chief vids are the best ones I've ever seen. He gets lots of slack just for that reason alone..

Is he immature and an asshole on here sometimes? Of course. I understand some posters dislike of him but he does bring "it" to this board and to put some kind of "govenor" on him to slow the posts down wouldn't be a good thing. Just my two cents.

BigRedChief
07-26-2008, 09:21 AM

I wasn't expecting this at all. I bet we hear some story that Dorsey called his agent and said WTF dude! Everyone around me is signed what are you waiting?

King Carl gets some props for this.:clap:

............I can't believe I gaver props to King Carl.:eek:

beavis
07-26-2008, 09:21 AM
I used to love this place, but the WPI is annoying me enough to bring to the verge of deleting my account. IMO if it were a credible news source, there wouldn't be a need to come on here and pimp it multiple times a day. You don't see Adam Teicher over here posting about how they "broke" some story.

boogblaster
07-26-2008, 09:22 AM
GO-Boy does deliver the news ... So let him live ....

OnTheWarpath15
07-26-2008, 09:23 AM
Fox is reporting 5 years, $51M. No word on guaranteed money.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8381572?MSNHPHMA

big nasty kcnut
07-26-2008, 09:24 AM
Well milkman you try typing on a phone and see how well you type. Also yes i will blame carl cause he messed up the chiefs many of time. Fck him i rather believe other more compedent (cps) people did this draft so fck carl. You know i'm tired of the insult of my writing dream just chill ok. Beside i rather blogcast.

BigChiefFan
07-26-2008, 09:27 AM
Great news!! Now let's hope Dorsey plays like a future HOFer for his career in Kansas City.

milkman
07-26-2008, 09:37 AM
Well milkman you try typing on a phone and see how well you type. Also yes i will blame carl cause he messed up the chiefs many of time. Fck him i rather believe other more compedent (cps) people did this draft so fck carl. You know i'm tired of the insult of my writing dream just chill ok. Beside i rather blogcast.

You've gotten a free pass around here for far to long for your horrible writing because you seem like a nice guy.

I would buy that whole phone excuse if it were only the one post, but every single post of yours screams "I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO WRITE".

Like I said, you seem like a hell of a nice kid, but someone needs to be brutally honest and tell you your writing sucks, and it makes it nearly impossible to take anything you write seriously.

I've decided to be the guy.

Skip Towne
07-26-2008, 09:38 AM
If I wanted to read WPI crap I would go to the WPI site.

blueballs
07-26-2008, 09:42 AM
now that the stress of signing draft picks is done
Carl can focus on hitting Lori's g spot with his nostril hairs

Ebolapox
07-26-2008, 09:42 AM
here's an idea. every time he puts a link that has anything related to WPI, 'nick,' 'athan' or ANYTHING affiliated with WPI, we implement a word filter/replacement with something like 'I'm a warpainted douche!'

Adept Havelock
07-26-2008, 09:49 AM
here's an idea. every time he puts a link that has anything related to WPI, 'nick,' 'athan' or ANYTHING affiliated with WPI, we implement a word filter/replacement with something like 'I'm a warpainted douche!'

LMAO Works for me.

Mr. Arrowhead
07-26-2008, 09:49 AM
This is freaking awesome, big props to King carl, o Shit WTF did i just say, im scared for life now.

Mr. Arrowhead
07-26-2008, 09:59 AM
So is Big Glenn gonna get the same treatment that bowe got last year for being late and that is by being taped up to the goal post. Only problem is whos gonna drag him down there?

blueballs
07-26-2008, 10:02 AM
they'll put super glue on his toliet seat
so he can be late for his first practice

Thig Lyfe
07-26-2008, 10:09 AM
This is great news, but all of Gretz's douchey dicksucking of Carl is kind of a buzzkill.

teedubya
07-26-2008, 10:10 AM
I like how Blob quoted ProFootballTalk.com

Rain Man
07-26-2008, 10:16 AM
Shut up, Gretz.

blueballs
07-26-2008, 10:21 AM
There still isn't a write up a KCChiefs.com
must be rustling Rand out of bed
after firing blob

Hammock Parties
07-26-2008, 10:25 AM
He posts multiple articles every day.

That's extremely far from the truth.

Mojo Rising
07-26-2008, 10:34 AM

Please?

I agree.

BigMeatballDave
07-26-2008, 10:35 AM
Fox is reporting 5 years, $51M. No word on guaranteed money.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8381572?MSNHPHMA

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp08/news/story?id=3506135

RIVER FALLS, Wis. -- First-round draft pick Glenn Dorsey has agreed to contract terms with the Kansas City Chiefs and was expected at Saturday afternoon's practice, The Associated Press has learned.

Dorsey, an All-American defensive tackle from LSU, was the fifth overall pick in the draft. A person who requested anonymity because no official announcement had been made said the deal included a guarantee of about $22 million.

The Chiefs have agreed to terms with 11 of their 12 draft picks. Still unsigned is tight end Michael Merritt, a seventh-round selection out of Central Florida.

StcChief
07-26-2008, 10:36 AM
Carl got it done nearly on time.... Impressive, I wonder how much Clark had to do with it.

Rain Man
07-26-2008, 10:44 AM
The Chiefs have agreed to terms with 11 of their 12 draft picks. Still unsigned is tight end Michael Merritt, a seventh-round selection out of Central Florida.

Our GM can't even get a seventh-round pick signed. When are we going to fire him?

Zebedee DuBois
07-26-2008, 10:47 AM
Our GM can't even get a seventh-round pick signed. When are we going to fire him?

He won't be fired. When his work here on earth is done, He will ascend directly to a heaven of his own choosing. Who are we to question his works - indeed - his works are mysterious unto the fans, true fans and non ticket holders alike.

1ChiefsDan
07-26-2008, 10:49 AM
finally up on the Chiefs website
http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2008/07/26/chiefs_agree_to_terms_with_firstround_pick_dt_glenn_dorsey/

smittysbar
07-26-2008, 10:49 AM
I agree except for the democracy part when we have an individual pissing everyone off but not violating TOS. If we started ruling this place by what the majority thinks it would soon turn into a very bland place.

I've been a supporter of GoChiefs work since day 1. He does have talent. His Chief vids are the best ones I've ever seen. He gets lots of slack just for that reason alone..

Is he immature and an asshole on here sometimes? Of course. I understand some posters dislike of him but he does bring "it" to this board and to put some kind of "govenor" on him to slow the posts down wouldn't be a good thing. Just my two cents.

I agree

BigMeatballDave
07-26-2008, 10:50 AM

I'm still on "Hasn't won a ****ing play-off game in 14 seasons."

BigChiefFan
07-26-2008, 10:51 AM
He's guaranteed an average of $4.5 million a year, plus his base salary, that's alot less than I thought he'd get.

BigMeatballDave
07-26-2008, 10:52 AM
For this crowd?

This is a time for praise.No, its not. He's been on the job for 20 years.

markk
07-26-2008, 10:54 AM
it seems like half the articles posted here are from kan.scout.com

Hammock Parties
07-26-2008, 10:55 AM
it seems like half the articles posted here are from kan.scout.com

I don't even post everything we publish. Mostly it's my own stuff.

Rain Man
07-26-2008, 10:56 AM
No, its not. He's been on the job for 20 years.

Yeah. 1993 was a time for praise.

OnTheWarpath15
07-26-2008, 10:57 AM
No, its not. He's been on the job for 20 years.

If you want to continue to live in the past, and dwell on things that cannot change, then suit yourself.

To simply not giving him credit for getting everyone in (essentially) on time, when NO ONE thought he would, based on past sins?

Kinda childish, IMO.

Yeah, he's a **** up. But he did good in this instance.

BigMeatballDave
07-26-2008, 10:58 AM
I don't even post everything we publish. Mostly it's my own stuff.Dude, whats with the avy? Its a bit disturbing.

BigMeatballDave
07-26-2008, 11:03 AM
If you want to continue to live in the past, and dwell on things that cannot change, then suit yourself.

To simply not giving him credit for getting everyone in (essentially) on time, when NO ONE thought he would, based on past sins?

Kinda childish, IMO.

Yeah, he's a **** up. But he did good in this instance.Praise him if you wish. The man should have been gone 10 yrs. ago. Still winless in the play-offs since the '93 season. Its quite glaring. I'm shocked the douche got everyone into camp so soon. Until he gets this team to a SB, I will continue to bash. Bottom line, Carl Peterson: Epic Fail.

Frazod
07-26-2008, 11:04 AM
Thank God. Now get to work, kid.

smittysbar
Dude, whats with the avy? Its a bit disturbing.

So is yours :D

BigMeatballDave
Yeah. 1993 was a time for praise.:D

CosmicPal
Sweet! Nice news to wake up to. It's been a really nice off-season.

OnTheWarpath15
07-26-2008, 11:11 AM
Praise him if you wish. The man should have been gone 10 yrs. ago. Still winless in the play-offs since the '93 season. Its quite glaring. I'm shocked the douche got everyone into camp so soon. Until he gets this team to a SB, I will continue to bash. Bottom line, Carl Peterson: Epic Fail.

Overall?

Absolutely, epic fail.

Getting all of our picks signed and in camp on time in 2008?

Success.

But hey, it's typical of this place. It's easier to bitch and moan about things that happened over the last 19 years, than to admit he did a good job, this one time, NOW in July, 2008.

I'm still waiting for the "but Dorsey missed a practice" crowd...

And FTR, Dave, I'm not referring to you specifically, just the overall attitiude of this place in general.

Skip Towne
07-26-2008, 11:11 AM
That's extremely far from the truth.

Let's reinstate the Phobia one thread per day just to make sure. He has started far more threads than anyone else.

milkman
07-26-2008, 11:14 AM
Dorsey missed a practice.

Frazod
07-26-2008, 11:17 AM
Carl has done a great job this year, except for his little public jab at Dorsey's personal character, which hopefully won't create problems for us down the road.

But this doesn't excuse nearly two decades of his personal failure and nearly four decades of Hunt failure.

It's time for a winner. We've suffered long enough.

OnTheWarpath15
07-26-2008, 11:17 AM
Dorsey missed a practice.

Like clockwork.

:D

CosmicPal
07-26-2008, 11:19 AM
Carl has done a great job this year, except for his little public jab at Dorsey's personal character, which hopefully won't create problems for us down the road.

But this doesn't excuse nearly two decades of his personal failure and nearly four decades of Hunt failure.

LMAO...love the avi pic.

OnTheWarpath15
07-26-2008, 11:19 AM

Not even trying to imply that it does, Tim.

But the first 8 words of your post say it best. He HAS done a good job this offseason. I think he deserves a little credit.

Wile_E_Coyote
07-26-2008, 11:20 AM
woot

Frazod
07-26-2008, 11:20 AM
Not even trying to imply that it does, Tim.

But the first 8 words of your post say it best. He HAS done a good job this offseason. I think he deserves a little credit.

Sure. Give him a credit for this year.

But Dave's right - this guy should have been whacked years ago.

milkman
07-26-2008, 11:22 AM

Gretz has been whacking him for years.

Oh, sorry, that's not what you mean't, is it?

JuicesFlowing
07-26-2008, 11:23 AM

The 7th rounder has some injury issues, that's why he isn't signed yet.

dorseybowe
07-26-2008, 11:23 AM
RIVER FALLS, Wis. -- First-round draft pick Glenn Dorsey has agreed to contract terms with the Kansas City Chiefs and was expected at Saturday afternoon's practice, The Associated Press has learned.

Dorsey, the fifth overall choice in the 2008 draft, agreed to a five-year deal with an option for a sixth year, Chiefs president Carl Peterson said on Saturday.

A person who requested anonymity because terms of the deal had not been announced said it included a guarantee of about $22 million.

Peterson said the deal was hastened by the signing the day before of Vernon Gholston, who was drafted right behind Dorsey by the New York Jets.

I wonder how Gretz got that info. I guess that's why the chiefs are mad.

Frazod
07-26-2008, 11:24 AM
Gretz has been whacking him for years.

Oh, sorry, that's not what you mean't, is it?

Uh, no. :D

OnTheWarpath15
07-26-2008, 11:25 AM

Agree, 100%

Rain Man
07-26-2008, 11:28 AM
The 7th rounder has some injury issues, that's why he isn't signed yet.

Our GM wasted a 7th-round pick on a guy with injury issues. When are we going to fire him?

CosmicPal
07-26-2008, 11:31 AM
So, does anyone believe Dorsey elevates our Defense to a top-10 D now?

I'd say "Yes" if we still had Jared around, but I think Dorsey will certainly help the LBs and the DBs play better.

Frazod
07-26-2008, 11:33 AM

I'd say "Yes" if we still had Jared around, but I think Dorsey will certainly help the LBs and the DBs play better.

No, not yet. But he'll certainly make everyone around him better.

beach tribe
07-26-2008, 12:38 PM
Unbelievable. Just woke up, and read this.

Way to go Carl. 11 picks in camp on time.

rambleonthruthefog
07-26-2008, 12:40 PM

not yet, no. but when the season starts, who knows?

eazyb81
07-26-2008, 12:44 PM
Awesome, I just stumbled across this thread. Kind of disappointed it's only a 5 year deal, but I guess it doesn't matter that much.

I can't wait to see how Dorsey plays this year. I'm not expecting big numbers for him, but I have no doubt he will take up blockers and make everyone around him better.

beach tribe
07-26-2008, 12:46 PM
Kind of disappointed it's only a 6 year deal,

??

eazyb81
07-26-2008, 12:47 PM
??

I meant only a 5 year deal instead of 6.

blueballs
07-26-2008, 12:52 PM
Chiefs Agree to Terms with First-Round Pick DT Glenn Dorsey
Jul 26, 2008, 11:20:19 AM

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2008/07/26/chiefs_agree_to_terms_with_firstround_pick_dt_glenn_dorsey/

Kansas City Chiefs President Carl Peterson announced on Saturday that the club has agreed to terms of a six-year contract with DT Glenn Dorsey. As per Chiefs policy, no other terms of the agreement were made available. Kansas City has now signed its top 11 selections in the 2008 NFL Draft.

“We’re pleased to announce the signing of the first of our two number one draft choices,” Chiefs President Carl Peterson commented. “We all know Glenn is an outstanding football player and we expect and hope that he will make great contributions to the Kansas City Chiefs. Even though it took a little longer than we had hoped, Glenn has missed only a couple of walk-through practices and we expect he’ll be involved very quickly.”

Dorsey (6-1, 297) joined the Chiefs as the first of the club’s two first-round picks (fifth overall) in the 2008 NFL Draft. He saw action in 51 contests (30 starts) at LSU, registering 179 tackles (83 solo), 13.0 sacks (-93.0 yards) and 27.0 tackles for loss (-123.0 yards), two forced fumbles, four passes defensed and six QB pressures. He completed his collegiate career as the most decorated player in LSU’s illustrious football history, collecting the Outland Trophy, Nagurski Award, Lombardi Award and the Lott Award. He was the first player in school history to receive any of those awards.

Dorsey played in 14 contests (13 starts) for the Tigers in 2007, recording 69 tackles (39 solo), 7.0 sacks (-45.0 yards) and 12.5 tackles for loss (-53.0 yards). He led his team to a National Championship and was a consensus first-team All-America selection. He earned first-team All-Southeastern Conference honors and was named the SEC Defensive Player of the Year.

The Gonzales, Louisiana native was an All-America pick at East Ascension High School. He was named Louisiana’s 4A Defensive Player of the Year as a senior and was rated among the nation’s top defensive linemen by numerous publications.

eazyb81
07-26-2008, 12:56 PM
Technically it's a six year deal, but in reality it's a five year deal because the last year is voidable if he plays a certain amount of snaps, which he will.

Phobia
07-26-2008, 01:09 PM
So, regarding the Claythan issue, my stance has always remained the same. I don't see Warpaint as a competitor to this site. They are a news source for Chiefs info. Post it when it's news with a link back to their site as a courtesy.

I have a problem with Claythan representing that site as a "professional" and then acting like an immature idiot at the same time; case-in-point posting a picture of himself flipping off the mirror the other day and his religion bashing. He's 27 years old and it's time to start acting at least 25. I protected him for a very long time while I had some pull over here but enough is enough. I'm holding him accountable. I've made subtle hints, I've asked point blank, I've made snide remarks, and now it's full chastise mode. He just won't listen to reason so now it's time for tough love.

Phobia
07-26-2008, 01:24 PM
Here's another great post from the kid. Wouldn't you like to have him representing your business on the interwebs?

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=4870534&postcount=786

Rasputin
07-26-2008, 01:39 PM
Now I can sleep at nite, knowing #72 is a :arrow: Chief!

Smed1065
07-26-2008, 01:47 PM

Oh no he did not break it?

Frazod
07-26-2008, 01:48 PM
Sure wish we'd been the subject of Hard Knocks this year instead of last year. :banghead:

Smed1065
07-26-2008, 01:50 PM
I don't even post everything we publish. Mostly it's my own stuff.

Free content cause the paid is the greatest like me. I only weigh 200 lbs now and am a animal.

Just ask me. :)

I told you we would break news that would shock. Asthan is on vacation till next week but he knew it....

Just ask him

Coach
07-26-2008, 02:04 PM
Sure wish we'd been the subject of Hard Knocks this year instead of last year. :banghead:

Oh man, that would have been awesome. Of course, if we didn't have the Hard Knocks last year, and the way the Chiefs played last year, I doubt that HBO would bother the Chiefs this year.

kregger
07-26-2008, 02:44 PM

"Brilliant", as the Guinness boys would say.

CosmicPal
07-26-2008, 03:11 PM

Weird...I was just thinking that to myself a few minutes ago.

mikey23545
07-26-2008, 03:21 PM
His lips will need to be blow torched off of King Carl's ass when King Carl leaves in 2010.

God, this must be a truly miserable offseason for you....LMAO

Mr. Flopnuts
07-26-2008, 03:33 PM
Seriously! The guy doesn't have a leg to stand on. He should feel lucky to even be drafted. I would play for league minimum!

GREAT news about Dorsey!

LMAO Literally. He is recovering from off season leg surgery and can't sign a contract until he can practice. That's per the Star link a couple posts above yours.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-26-2008, 03:39 PM
Why let it bother you so much? There are numerous posters on this board that like to wave their hands in the air and announce that they've just taken a dump in their diapers. I glance, and keep moving.

Though I'm not a very aged voice on this site, in fact far from it, it does seem to me that GoatSex contributes more positively than not. Therefore the Warpaint stuff doesn't tend to upset me. Perhaps if I had been subjected to this for a longer period of time, I'd think differently?

I've come to the conclusion that there are 3 opinions regarding Clayton on this site.

1. People who joined before 2004 hate him

2. People who joined after 2004 don't dislike him in large part at all

3. N00bs with no self esteem and jump on a bandwagon in a desperate plea to be excepted by said members who joined before 2004.

I guess 2004 was a big year in the love/hate relationship of Chiefsplanet and Clayton Wendler.

Phobia
07-26-2008, 03:47 PM
I've come to the conclusion that there are 3 opinions regarding Clayton on this site.

3. N00bs with no self esteem and jump on a bandwagon in a desperate plea to be excepted by said members who joined before 2004.

I guess 2004 was a big year in the love/hate relationship of Chiefsplanet and Clayton Wendler.

I don't hate him at all. He's been a guest in my home. He was perfectly fine in person. I've spend dozens of hours chatting with him privately over the years. I think he's a talented writer. I enjoy many of his articles and certainly enjoy his video editing. He was one of my biggest successes during my Warpaint tenure. Bringing him on has had long lasting improvements on the state of that site.

But he's a boil on my rear sometimes. His unprofessional behavior is abhorrent. His attention whoring goes well beyond amusing or even acceptable levels.

Somebody failed him along the way, perhaps even myself. If I didn't care, I wouldn't even go to the trouble.

Shaid
07-26-2008, 03:51 PM

You might be right. I joined after 2004 and I think he contributes some good info - especially during training camp. I also like his videos. Yes, I've noticed a few immature posts now and then but is that honestly something noone else does around here? Maybe the high post count just makes his instances a bit more noticeable.

beach tribe
07-26-2008, 04:53 PM
You might be right. I joined after 2004 and I think he contributes some good info - especially during training camp. I also like his videos. Yes, I've noticed a few immature posts now and then but is that honestly something noone else does around here? Maybe the high post count just makes his instances a bit more noticeable.

Love him, or hate him, you cannot dispute his contributions to the board.

Nightfyre
07-26-2008, 04:54 PM

I joined right in the middle; having said that Clayton did a lot to earn a miserable reputation back then.

Mr. Laz
07-26-2008, 06:55 PM
Good stuff.

It was obvious [b]Segal was the problem[/] all along.
how do you figure? :spock:

jesus ... some people are so gullible

because gretz says he was the problem he must be

DeezNutz
07-26-2008, 08:09 PM

This sounds about right, Mr. Flopnuts. GoChiefs must have been fairly over the top back in his prime. What I see now seems pretty mild to me. Apparently he's lost his burst. Goatse, just in case, this was NOT a challenge.

Hammock Parties
07-27-2008, 11:48 AM
This sounds about right, Mr. Flopnuts. GoChiefs must have been fairly over the top back in his prime. What I see now seems pretty mild to me. Apparently he's lost his burst. Goatse, just in case, this was NOT a challenge.

I'll f*ck Chiefsplanet til it loves me.

http://deadspin.com/assets/resources/2008/04/teeth-mike-tyson-400a071807.jpg

blueballs
07-27-2008, 11:51 AM
do those gold ones pop out

DeezNutz
07-27-2008, 11:56 AM
I'll f*ck Chiefsplanet til it loves me.

http://deadspin.com/assets/resources/2008/04/teeth-mike-tyson-400a071807.jpg

ROFL