PDA

View Full Version : MU Seven MU players named to All-Big 12 team

eazyb81
07-26-2008, 02:30 PM
The link includes the list but also has a cool article on new 4* DE recruit Brian Coulter.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/story/710196.html

Preseason All-Big 12 football team
Offensive Player of the Year: Chase Daniel, Missouri QB

Defensive Player of the Year: Auston English, Oklahoma DE
Newcomer of the Year: Darrell Scott, Colorado RB

<TABLE class=story-table border=0><TBODY><TR class=story-table-even-row><TD>Pos.</TD><TD>Offense</TD><TD>School</TD><TD>Ht.</TD><TD>Wt.</TD><TD>Yr.</TD></TR><TR class=story-table-odd-row><TD>WR</TD><TD>Michael Crabtree*</TD><TD>Texas Tech</TD><TD>6-3</TD><TD>206</TD><TD>SO</TD></TR><TR class=story-table-even-row><TD>TE</TD><TD>Chase Coffman</TD><TD>Missouri</TD><TD>6-6</TD><TD>245</TD><TD>SR</TD></TR><TR class=story-table-odd-row><TD>OL</TD><TD>Duke Robinson</TD><TD>Oklahoma</TD><TD>6-5</TD><TD>330</TD><TD>SR</TD></TR><TR class=story-table-even-row><TD>OL</TD><TD>Phil Loadholt</TD><TD>Oklahoma</TD><TD>6-8</TD><TD>350</TD><TD>SR</TD></TR><TR class=story-table-odd-row><TD>C</TD><TD>Jon Cooper</TD><TD>Oklahoma</TD><TD>6-2</TD><TD>285</TD><TD>SR</TD></TR><TR class=story-table-even-row><TD>OL</TD><TD>Louis Vasquez</TD><TD>Texas Tech</TD><TD>6-6</TD><TD>335</TD><TD>SR</TD></TR><TR class=story-table-odd-row><TD>OL</TD><TD>Colin Brown</TD><TD>Missouri</TD><TD>6-8</TD><TD>325</TD><TD>SR</TD></TR><TR class=story-table-even-row><TD>OL</TD><TD>Cedric Dockery</TD><TD>Texas</TD><TD>6-4</TD><TD>315</TD><TD>SR</TD></TR><TR class=story-table-odd-row><TD>WR</TD><TD>Jeremy Maclin</TD><TD>Missouri</TD><TD>6-1</TD><TD>200</TD><TD>SO</TD></TR><TR class=story-table-even-row><TD>QB</TD><TD>Chase Daniel</TD><TD>Missouri</TD><TD>6-0</TD><TD>225</TD><TD>SR</TD></TR><TR class=story-table-odd-row><TD>RB</TD><TD>Marlon Lucky</TD><TD>Nebraska</TD><TD>6-0</TD><TD>215</TD><TD>SR</TD></TR><TR class=story-table-even-row><TD>RB</TD><TD>DeMarco Murray</TD><TD>Oklahoma</TD><TD>6-0</TD><TD>191</TD><TD>SO</TD></TR><TR class=story-table-odd-row><TD>PK</TD><TD>Jeff Wolfert</TD><TD>Missouri</TD><TD>6-2</TD><TD>185</TD><TD>SR</TD></TR><TR class=story-table-even-row><TD>KR</TD><TD>Marcus Herford</TD><TD>Kansas</TD><TD>6-3</TD><TD>208</TD><TD>SR</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE class=story-table border=0><TBODY><TR class=story-table-even-row><TD>Pos.</TD><TD>Defense</TD><TD>School</TD><TD>Ht.</TD><TD>Wt.</TD><TD>Yr.</TD></TR><TR class=story-table-odd-row><TD>DL</TD><TD>Auston English</TD><TD>Oklahoma</TD><TD>6-3</TD><TD>257</TD><TD>JR</TD></TR><TR class=story-table-even-row><TD>DL</TD><TD>Ian Campbell</TD><TD>Kansas State</TD><TD>6-5</TD><TD>249</TD><TD>SR</TD></TR><TR class=story-table-odd-row><TD>DL</TD><TD>George Hypolite</TD><TD>Colorado</TD><TD>6-1</TD><TD>285</TD><TD>SR</TD></TR><TR class=story-table-even-row><TD>DL</TD><TD>Brian Orakpo</TD><TD>Texas</TD><TD>6-4</TD><TD>260</TD><TD>SR</TD></TR><TR class=story-table-odd-row><TD>LB</TD><TD>Sean Weatherspoon</TD><TD>Missouri</TD><TD>6-1</TD><TD>235</TD><TD>JR</TD></TR><TR class=story-table-even-row><TD>LB</TD><TD>Joe Mortensen</TD><TD>Kansas</TD><TD>6-1</TD><TD>250</TD><TD>SR</TD></TR><TR class=story-table-odd-row><TD>LB</TD><TD>Joe Pawelek</TD><TD>Baylor</TD><TD>6-3</TD><TD>236</TD><TD>JR</TD></TR><TR class=story-table-even-row><TD>DB</TD><TD>Nic Harris</TD><TD>Oklahoma</TD><TD>6-3</TD><TD>226</TD><TD>SR</TD></TR><TR class=story-table-odd-row><TD>DB</TD><TD>William Moore</TD><TD>Missouri</TD><TD>6-1</TD><TD>230</TD><TD>SR</TD></TR><TR class=story-table-even-row><TD>DB</TD><TD>Jamar Wall</TD><TD>Texas Tech</TD><TD>5-10</TD><TD>196</TD><TD>JR</TD></TR><TR class=story-table-odd-row><TD>DB</TD><TD>Jordan Lake</TD><TD>Baylor</TD><TD>6-2</TD><TD>206</TD><TD>JR</TD></TR><TR class=story-table-even-row><TD>P</TD><TD>Justin Brantly</TD><TD>Texas A&M</TD><TD>6-3</TD><TD>241</TD><TD>SR</TD></TR><TR class=story-table-odd-row><TD>PR</TD><TD>Jeremy Maclin</TD><TD>Missouri</TD><TD>6-1</TD><TD>200</TD><TD>SO</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

OnTheWarpath15
07-26-2008, 02:32 PM
Here we go...

Frazod
07-26-2008, 02:34 PM
Here we go...

What? o:-)

Luckily, the average KU fan can count to 2.

TrebMaxx
07-26-2008, 02:42 PM
What? o:-)

Luckily, the average KU fan can count to 2.

:clap::LOL:LMAO

Stewie
07-26-2008, 02:50 PM
MU fans have glom on to something, so I guess a worthless preseason poll is like winning SOMETHING! Aren't these the same bozos that said Nebraska would be much improved last year?

|Zach|
07-26-2008, 02:51 PM
Aren't these the same bozos that said Nebraska would be much improved last year?

Who?

eazyb81
07-26-2008, 02:56 PM
MU fans have glom on to something, so I guess a worthless preseason poll is like winning SOMETHING! Aren't these the same bozos that said Nebraska would be much improved last year?

Who? The Associated Press?

Stewie
07-26-2008, 02:56 PM
Who?

The media that specifically cover Big 12 football.

Stewie
07-26-2008, 02:57 PM
From last year:

Nebraska looks to continue their return to glory after going 9-5 last season. Season four under Coach Bill Callahan should be even better with his players finally filling up most of the roster.

Frazod
07-26-2008, 02:58 PM
Who? The Associated Press?

I guess Stooie only respects the opinions of Miami stadium owners.

|Zach|
07-26-2008, 02:58 PM
From last year:

Nebraska looks to continue their return to glory after going 9-5 last season. Season four under Coach Bill Callahan should be even better with his players finally filling up most of the roster.

Link?

eazyb81
07-26-2008, 02:59 PM
From last year:

Nebraska only had two players named to the preseason All-Big 12 team last year, so it certainly doesn't look like they thought they would be much improved.

eazyb81
07-26-2008, 03:01 PM
Anywho, it's pretty cool to see Mizzou get some major attention from national outlets like the AP. As Chase says in the story, it matters how you finish, not how you begin, but it's still quite a compliment to this year's team.

Stewie
07-26-2008, 03:03 PM
I guess Stooie only respects the opinions of Miami stadium owners.

People in Miami understand winning... SOMETHING... ANYTHING... oh, please, please, please. "We won the preseason poll! That's something, right?"

At least play a game in 2008 before you crown your ass.

Stewie
07-26-2008, 03:05 PM
Anywho, it's pretty cool to see Mizzou get some major attention from national outlets like the AP. As Chase says in the story, it matters how you finish, not how you begin, but it's still quite a compliment to this year's team.

The AP? Huh?

|Zach|
07-26-2008, 03:10 PM
People in Miami understand winning... SOMETHING... ANYTHING... oh, please, please, please. "We won the preseason poll! That's something, right?"

So...I guess I am confused. Who is it that is making a big deal out of nothing in this thread?

eazyb81
07-26-2008, 03:12 PM

Who's crowning our ass? This is just a preseason all-conference team.

Jesus, I didn't realize this would make ku fans so jealous.

Frazod
07-26-2008, 03:15 PM

If they understood winning, they would have told you frauds to go f#ck yourselves after THIS, Stooie.

Stewie
07-26-2008, 03:17 PM
So...I guess I am confused. Who is it that is making a big deal out of nothing in this thread?

Big deal? MU football is anything but a big deal. I'm just trying to soften the blow when the season becomes an epic disaster. Ya know, like every other year when it comes to MU sports.

Frazod
07-26-2008, 03:18 PM
Big deal? MU football is anything but a big deal. I'm just trying to soften the blow when the season becomes an epic disaster. Ya know, like every other year when it comes to MU sports.

LMAO

Stewie
07-26-2008, 03:19 PM
If they understood winning, they would have told you frauds to go f#ck yourselves after THIS, Stooie.

How come you never post any OU pics when they exposed the MU spread-em-for-me offense?

We won a national title this year. What you got? Oh, wait....

Frazod
07-26-2008, 03:24 PM
How come you never post any OU pics when they exposed the MU spread-em-for-me offense?

Here come the tiny little basketballs again in a football thread.

Oh, you've heard of Oklahoma? That's good.

Yes, we lost to Oklahoma. Never denied that.

And who did you play that weekend?

Wait, I remember.... it was NOBODY. You didn't play anybody, Stooie, because you LOST TO US, chump.

Good thing the NFL doesn't work like that. The team you beat to advance to a playoff game advances past you even though they didn't rate playing in the playoff game in the first place.

That would really be annoying.

Bearcat
07-26-2008, 03:26 PM
Well, at least if MU wins at Arrowhead this year, frazod will have something new to say for 2009.

|Zach|
07-26-2008, 03:28 PM

You didn't really answer my question.

"Who is it that is making a big deal out of nothing in this thread?"

eazyb81
07-26-2008, 03:28 PM

ROFLROFLROFL

I love how you bring up basketball in a football thread like it is relevant. Seriously, why does thread make you so insecure? It's a Big 12 thread, not a kansas sucks thread.

You have a serious case of Napoleon Complex - no one said a word about kansas until you threw a hissy fit.

Stewie
07-26-2008, 03:30 PM
Here come the tiny little basketballs again in a football thread.

Oh, you've heard of Oklahoma? That's good.

Yes, we lost to Oklahoma. Never denied that.

And who did you play that weekend?

Wait, I remember.... it was NOBODY. You didn't play anybody, Stooie, because you LOST TO US, chump.

Good thing the NFL doesn't work like that. The team you beat to advance to a playoff game advances past you even though they didn't rate playing in the playoff game in the first place.

That would really be annoying.

Boo Hoo! Woe is MU sports. "The BCS ignored us because... uh... our AD has the brain of a squirrel..."

Stewie
07-26-2008, 03:32 PM
ROFLROFLROFL

I love how you bring up basketball in a football thread like it is relevant. Seriously, why does thread make you so insecure? It's a Big 12 thread, not a kansas sucks thread.

You have a serious case of Napoleon Complex - no one said a word about kansas until you threw a hissy fit.

See gayzod's first post.

Pablo
07-26-2008, 03:32 PM
I see OU's offensive line is getting some serious love.

teedubya
07-26-2008, 03:34 PM
Mizzou faithful should go ahead and buy tickets to the BCS Championship Game.

Dolphin Stadium (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dolphin_Stadium) in Miami Gardens, Florida (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miami_Gardens%2C_Florida) in January 2009.

Buy Now!!1

http://www.ticketmaster.com/collegebowls/bcs.html

Frazod
Boo Hoo! Woe is MU sports. "The BCS ignored us because... uh... our AD has the brain of a squirrel..."

Another proud anti-man KUnt. We lost, but hey, our AD is a champion cocksucker! We rule!

teedubya

Classic Frazodgina. This shit never gets old.

Frazod
07-26-2008, 03:36 PM
Classic Frazodgina. This shit never gets old.

Oh, here's that autographed photo I promised you. Try not to get too much lipstick on it.

Braincase
07-26-2008, 03:37 PM

They understood that KU fans would travel and not burn down the damn city. Orange Bowl!

Frazod
07-26-2008, 03:38 PM
They understood that KU fans would travel and not burn down the damn city. Orange Bowl!

We only do that to you.

Braincase
07-26-2008, 03:40 PM
We only do that to you.

Yep... and you lost that war. too.

eazyb81
07-26-2008, 03:40 PM
Are any ku fans embarrassed by only having two players make the All-Big 12 team after the best football season in their school's history?

After all that, and you still are no better than Baylor. How sad.

Frazod
07-26-2008, 03:41 PM

To be fair, you did have lots and lots of help.

Pablo
07-26-2008, 03:44 PM
Are any ku fans embarrassed by only having two players make the All-Big 12 team after the best football season in their school's history?

After all that, and you still are no better than Baylor. How sad.Seeing as how y'all are setting this up to be your greatest season ever, are you going to be embarrassed next year when you only have a couple of people on a Preaseason Big-12 team?

Bearcat
07-26-2008, 03:48 PM

You're trying way too hard. LMAO

teedubya
07-26-2008, 03:49 PM

Yeah, we had 2 of our best underclassmen go to the NFL... but who cares about preseason honors.

Id rather laugh at those of you who are still butthurt from our Orange Bowl awesomeness.

SPATCH
07-26-2008, 03:52 PM
BOW DOWN IN RESPECT DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tits McGee
07-26-2008, 04:13 PM
I find it very tiresome when losers try to re-write history.

kcchiefsus
07-26-2008, 04:57 PM

Last time I checked Missouri was in the Union faggot.

BWillie
07-26-2008, 05:06 PM
I'm quite aware that Missouri should have alot better football team that Kansas this year. I still maintain that Missouri and Kansas were the two best teams in the country last year. KU lost one game to a high ranked opponent and beat another high ranked opponent in VA TECH. Missouri lost to a high ranked team twice. LSU lost to two unranked teams and almost lost twice more in overtime.

Braincase
07-26-2008, 05:11 PM
To be fair, you did have lots and lots of help.

And the south had the British. Care for another cup of tea?

Mecca
07-26-2008, 05:13 PM
Um USC might have better defensive players that the all Big 12 team that's weird....down year for the conference?

Frazod
07-26-2008, 06:07 PM
And the south had the British. Care for another cup of tea?

:spock:

Are you really suggesting that the British were actively engaged in the American Civil War?

Braincase
07-26-2008, 06:30 PM
:spock:

Are you really suggesting that the British were actively engaged in the American Civil War?

Are you suggesting the British didn't provide financial support to the Confederacy? They may not have had troops on the ground, but there was plenty of support. The Brits had a vested interest in making the Civil War a long and bloody one, and they were also dependant on southern cotton for their textile industries.

Doesn't really matter now, though. The South lost, the abolitionist movement succeeded, and Ken Burns makes good, if not a little flawed, documentaries.

alanm
07-26-2008, 06:46 PM
From last year:

If they had fired Crosgrove prior to last season and hadn't been decimated with injuries they may have won 6 games. But I'm glad things happened the way they did.
I'm also reasonably certain the all Big 12 team will look different at the end of the season. It always does.

Pitt Gorilla
07-26-2008, 06:53 PM
Big deal? MU football is anything but a big deal. I'm just trying to soften the blow when the season becomes an epic disaster. Ya know, like every other year when it comes to MU sports.Good God, your ego must be fragile. The recognition is nice, that is all. This doesn't mean we won anything or will win anything. There is absolutely no reason for your jealous crying.

alanm
07-26-2008, 06:54 PM
Well, at least if MU wins at Arrowhead this year, frazod will have something new to say for 2009.
I've always thought that playing in Arrowhead equates to a home game for Mizzou. How do they split the $$$.
Also which stadium is bigger Manhattan or Lawrence. I'd think a truer neutral place to play would be in Manhattan or possibly Lincoln.
Probably Lincoln since it holds 81,000

Pitt Gorilla
07-26-2008, 06:56 PM
Are you suggesting the British didn't provide financial support to the Confederacy? They may not have had troops on the ground, but there was plenty of support. The Brits had a vested interest in making the Civil War a long and bloody one, and they were also dependant on southern cotton for their textile industries.

Doesn't really matter now, though. The South lost, the abolitionist movement succeeded, and Ken Burns makes good, if not a little flawed, documentaries.I think you fired Cally a year too early. The recruiting class he put together for this past year was insane prior to the meltdown and subsequent firing. I know MU appreciated it as we got Gabbert and Hoch. You had other 4* linemen and a pretty solid back that left. One more year would have left the pantry full for the next coach. Now, well, not so much.

Mecca
07-26-2008, 07:01 PM
I still wanna know if this is a down year for the conference, atleast D wise.

Pitt Gorilla
07-26-2008, 07:10 PM
I still wanna know if this is a down year for the conference, atleast D wise.I'm not sure what that means. I think Big XII Ds will be fine this year, although they are going up against a ton of talent on O.

beer bacon
07-26-2008, 07:12 PM
Um USC might have better defensive players that the all Big 12 team that's weird....down year for the conference?

You are becoming a bit of a parody of yourself.

Mecca
07-26-2008, 07:12 PM
I'm not sure what that means. I think Big XII Ds will be fine this year, although they are going up against a ton of talent on O.

Because to be honest, I'm not sure if any of those guys would start on SC.....Will Moore likely would even though SC has great safeties but he's a great player outside of that, I don't see much there...

For an all conference D team it doesn't look very impressive.

Mecca
07-26-2008, 07:13 PM
You are becoming a bit of a parody of yourself.

I'm being dead honest about it.....I don't believe many of those players would start for SC, just sayin I thought that meant it was a down year.

KcMizzou
07-26-2008, 07:14 PM
I've always thought that playing in Arrowhead equates to a home game for Mizzou. How so? Arrowhead's a hell of a lot closer to Lawrence than Columbia.

beer bacon
07-26-2008, 07:15 PM
I'm being dead honest about it.....I don't believe many of those players would start for SC, just sayin I thought that meant it was a down year.

I don't know about the players on that list, but I am guessing that by the end of the next season, the All Big 12 defense will have significantly better players than USC's defense. USC has a very good defense, so they could have two or three players that play better at their position then anyone in the Big 12, but not anymore then that.

Mecca
07-26-2008, 07:19 PM
I don't know about the players on that list, but I am guessing that by the end of the next season, the All Big 12 defense will have significantly better players than USC's defense. USC has a very good defense, so they could have two or three players that play better at their position then anyone in the Big 12, but not anymore then that.

Well SC probably has the best LB core and safety tandem in the nation so that isn't really fair to compare to that....but I'm expecting somewhere between 3-6 high draft picks off of the SC D for this coming year.

Skip Towne
07-26-2008, 07:29 PM

Doesn't really matter now, though. The South lost, the abolitionist movement succeeded, and Ken Burns makes good, if not a little flawed, documentaries.

The British could never have bought that southern cotton if it weren't for Rhett Butler running those blockades.

beer bacon
07-26-2008, 07:29 PM
Well SC probably has the best LB core and safety tandem in the nation so that isn't really fair to compare to that....but I'm expecting somewhere between 3-6 high draft picks off of the SC D for this coming year.

That is cool, but your favorite team is not going to have a better defense then the all-conference team for a major BCS conference.

Skip Towne
07-26-2008, 08:29 PM
Corp, not core.

Skip Towne
07-26-2008, 08:31 PM
Jeebus, have all of the mods gone to bed? My delicate sensitivities are being assaulted.

KcMizzou
07-26-2008, 08:33 PM
Jeebus, have all of the mods gone to bed? My delicate sensitivities are being assaulted.Iggy works pretty well.

****ing children.

07-26-2008, 08:34 PM
Adblock+ kicks ass. I can't see your BS anymore Mr. Smut.

alanm
07-26-2008, 08:52 PM
How so? Arrowhead's a hell of a lot closer to Lawrence than Columbia.
It's still in Missouri. I would sort of equate it hypothetically to say.. Nebraska playing Iowa in a Border war game and it being played in Omaha.

KcMizzou
07-26-2008, 08:58 PM
It's still in Missouri. I would sort of equate it hypothetically to say.. Nebraska playing Iowa in a Border war game and it being played in Omaha.The are at least as many KU fans in KC as there are MU fans.

Honestly, more... IMO. I mean, let's be honest... they'd had more success overall.

I understand what you're saying. It's just that I live here.. and I think you're wrong. I don't think a game at Arrowhead in any way favors Mizzou. (Other than them giving up a home game last season... which we'll have to do this season.)

alanm
07-26-2008, 09:12 PM
The are at least as many KU fans in KC as there are MU fans.

Honestly, more... IMO. I mean, let's be honest... they'd had more success overall.

I understand what you're saying. It's just that I live here.. and I think you're wrong. I don't think a game at Arrowhead in any way favors Mizzou. (Other than them giving up a home game last season... which we'll have to do this season.)
I still think a truly neutral field would be in Lincoln then. It seats 81,000+ now and still close enough to both schools.

alanm
07-26-2008, 09:15 PM
Norman wouldn't be bad either.

KcMizzou
07-26-2008, 09:17 PM
I don't see anything wrong with Arrowhead. No need to change.

It's very convenient for both fan bases, and doesn't favor one over the other.

Much ado about nothing, IMO.

KcMizzou
07-26-2008, 09:18 PM
From what I understand, it's unlikely to continue anyway.

Neither school seems very fond of giving up that home game. Esp. KU after that loss last season. If they'd have won that game... damn... (not that I think they would have)

Ebolapox
07-26-2008, 09:18 PM
I still think a truly neutral field would be in Lincoln then. It seats 81,000+ now and still close enough to both schools.

seems too big a pain to go somewhere further from both schools. at least arrowhead is somewhat neutral (although norm stewart used to call KC 'lawrence east'), and located somewhat between the two schools. it's one of the better venues to watch a game at (I haven't been to one that's better), and I'd think it's a cool experience for the players to play in a pro stadium.

KcMizzou
07-26-2008, 09:21 PM
KU fans... what do you think?

Do you feel like Mizzou has a "home game" when playing at Arrowhead?

I don't get that at all.

I was at that game last season (an amazing season for both teams), and man... it was about as even as you could get.

alanm
07-26-2008, 09:26 PM
From what I understand, it's unlikely to continue anyway.

Neither school seems very fond of giving up that home game. Esp. KU after that loss last season. If they'd have won that game... damn... (not that I think they would have)
I think it will go on for the time being anyway. For $$$ alone unless either Faurot of Memorial Stadium or both start expanding seating. Course that depends on whether or not both schools can keep winning on a consistant basis. The Huskers and Buffalo's will have a lot to say on that matter shortly. ;)

PastorMikH
07-26-2008, 09:35 PM

I don't get that at all.

I was at that game last season (an amazing season for both teams), and man... it was about as even as you could get.

I'm an MU fan, but when I lived in the KC area I got the distinct impression that KC was for the most part a Jayhawk town. The local news stations all talked about kansas quite a bit and might have a blurp and the end of the sports segment about MU. In head to head, if KU won, they would talk and talk and talk about the game. If MU won, it got a brief mention then they moved on. I used to get miffed about it since most of the KC area was in Missouri.

Unless things have changed a lot in the last 10 years or so, I'd bet that Arrowhead holds more homefield advantage to KU than MU.

POND_OF_RED
07-26-2008, 11:03 PM
Id rather laugh at those of you who are still butthurt from our Orange Bowl awesomeness.

Really? Why do KU fans just think they outplayed the shit out of VT? Everyone knew there offense was atrocious. The only question people had about the game is how the offense would look against a good defense and they did not play well at all offensively. They put together one touchdown drive. VT's QB handed KU the game on a silver platter and that equates to "we beat the shit out of a 'BCS' team."

Frazod
07-26-2008, 11:03 PM

Very little British aid made it past the Union blockade. What the South really needed was more men and industrial capability. They certainly didn't get those things from England.

Of course, I wasn't really talking North v. South. I was talking Missouri v. Kansas. And much like now, you didn't do too well against us one-on-one. But you were part of the winning dogpile.

Pablo
07-26-2008, 11:08 PM

I don't get that at all.

I was at that game last season (an amazing season for both teams), and man... it was about as even as you could get.No. I'd say KC is more of a KU town than a Mizzou town anyhow. If anyone had a "home field advantage" it would have been KU, only being 45 minutes away. Mizzou's student base would have had to travel 2+ hours.

Frazod
07-26-2008, 11:09 PM

I don't get that at all.

We were both there. You know as well as I do that there was no advantage for either team during that game. The stadium was split right down the middle.

I love hearing the KU fans whine about "losing their home game." Like their puss schedule wasn't advantage enough. They had ONE tough game on a neutral field. WAAAAAAAAAA :deevee:

it's like the goddamn Broncos crying about the cooking spray not being slick enough.

PastorMikH's Hoe
07-26-2008, 11:32 PM
I'm an MU fan, but when I lived in the KC area I got the distinct impression that KC was for the most part a Jayhawk town. The local news stations all talked about kansas quite a bit and might have a blurp and the end of the sports segment about MU. In head to head, if KU won, they would talk and talk and talk about the game. If MU won, it got a brief mention then they moved on. I used to get miffed about it since most of the KC area was in Missouri.

Unless things have changed a lot in the last 10 years or so, I'd bet that Arrowhead holds more homefield advantage to KU than MU.

Hey baby, you stiffed me on our last session.

Bearcat
07-26-2008, 11:43 PM

I don't get that at all.

Nope... looked 50/50 on tv. As far as access to tickets, I guess if Johnson County residents got first pick, that would be a slight edge for Mizzou. But, as far as school ticket sales and the general public, Lawrence is much closer.

It's still in Missouri. I would sort of equate it hypothetically to say.. Nebraska playing Iowa in a Border war game and it being played in Omaha.

Isn't the University of Iowa like 3 hours away? I was only in Omaha for about 6 months, but I think I ran into a grand total of 2 or 3 Hawkeye fans. As far as the Omaha reference, if anything I'd think it would be like Nebraska playing Creighton at the Qwest Center.

I love hearing the KU fans whine about "losing their home game." Like their puss schedule wasn't advantage enough. They had ONE tough game on a neutral field. WAAAAAAAAAA :deevee:

I know! The official count in this thread is, uh... one Nebraska fan. LMAO

alanm
07-27-2008, 12:45 AM
Nope... looked 50/50 on tv. As far as access to tickets, I guess if Johnson County residents got first pick, that would be a slight edge for Mizzou. But, as far as school ticket sales and the general public, Lawrence is much closer.

Isn't the University of Iowa like 3 hours away? I was only in Omaha for about 6 months, but I think I ran into a grand total of 2 or 3 Hawkeye fans. As far as the Omaha reference, if anything I'd think it would be like Nebraska playing Creighton at the Qwest Center.

I know! The official count in this thread is, uh... one Nebraska fan. LMAO
You're forgetting that the Quest Center IS Creighton's home court. :)

KcMizzou
07-27-2008, 12:48 AM
I guess if Johnson County residents got first pick, that would be a slight edge for Mizzou. I'm a little confused about that. Last I knew Johnson county was in Kansas... (they're the pricks who can't drive :p)

Maybe you meant Jackson?

markk
07-27-2008, 08:12 AM
We were both there. You know as well as I do that there was no advantage for either team during that game. The stadium was split right down the middle.

it's like the goddamn Broncos crying about the cooking spray not being slick enough.

i went to the game and it looked like there was more blue and red than there was black and gold. i couldn't see all of the upper deck though.

Bearcat
07-27-2008, 11:26 AM
You're forgetting that the Quest Center IS Creighton's home court. :)

I'm a little confused about that. Last I knew Johnson county was in Kansas... (they're the pricks who can't drive :p)

Maybe you meant Jackson?

Uh, it was past my bedtime and I couldn't sleep... :doh!: LMAO

Yes, I meant Jackson County... they get first choice for Chiefs tickets, so I don't know if that means they get first choice for other games or if it's just season ticket holders in general. Regardless, it was about 50/50 last year and both teams give up a home game, so it doesn't matter.

Braincase
07-27-2008, 01:48 PM
Very little British aid made it past the Union blockade. What the South really needed was more men and industrial capability. They certainly didn't get those things from England.

Of course, I wasn't really talking North v. South. I was talking Missouri v. Kansas. And much like now, you didn't do too well against us one-on-one. But you were part of the winning dogpile.

We do pretty fair against you one-on-one... I think the series is pretty close historically. Last year just happened to be more memorable than most.

HolyHandgernade
07-27-2008, 04:24 PM

I don't get that at all.

I don't think so. Its about as close to a neutral game site as you can get. Its in Mizzou but closer to the KU campus in a city where the street "State Line" just seems to intensify the rivalry. Heck, its pretty close to where the fought the battle of Westport in the Civil War.

I can see why you don't want to give up a home game, but I think the neutral site experience in a large stadium helped them in their preparation for the Orange Bowl. I think Arrowhead made out with only having to pay the schools a million each, but nobody was predicting what turned out for those schools that year. If they both enter this just in the Top 25, Arrowhead will have to offer a lot more to keep it there. If they enter both in the Top 10, I don't know that Arrowhead will be able to offer enough.

Speaking from a neutral point of view, Arrowhead's best chance of seeing the series continue there would be a KU victory. Reading the message boards, they already are not happy about the venue change last year, and I think two losses in a row would kill any potential to give up their game in 2009. Of course, Mizzou wasn't all that excited about the prospect before last season's game, so if they lose, they might not want to come back either! Either way, it'll take major payola to keep it there. I don't really care much since I don't live there any longer, but I imagine the opportunity to play in an NFL stadium, guaranteed if you come to either school, would be a good recruiting pitch to prospects.

-HH

LiL stumppy
07-27-2008, 04:25 PM
Doesn't matter, they aren't getting past OU.... again...

Frazod
07-27-2008, 04:41 PM
Doesn't matter, they aren't getting past OU.... again...

We'll see.

At least your team actually backs up your smack with victory.

Except in bowl games. :D