PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports Cotto vs Margarito

kcxiv
07-26-2008, 10:12 PM
anyone see this fight? Holy Smokes it was a good fight. Margarito wins in a knock out beating the undefeated Cotto. Marg took some HUGE shots and it didnt even phase him.

J Diddy
07-26-2008, 10:14 PM
yeah I was gonna watch the replay

you might want to put in a spoiler alert

ZootedGranny
07-26-2008, 10:20 PM
Fantastic fight, but around the 3rd round, it was obvious that either Cotto was going to wear down and get dropped, or he'd outpoint Margarito and look like a mutant from all of the punishment.

kcxiv
07-26-2008, 10:31 PM
Fantastic fight, but around the 3rd round, it was obvious that either Cotto was going to wear down and get dropped, or he'd outpoint Margarito and look like a mutant from all of the punishment.

Margarito just went to the body early gave up a few rounds that way, but he had to slow Cotto down from body shots, he did that, then easy pickings. Margarito has a damn titanum jaw. Not once did he even flinch from the massive shots that Cotto was throwing at him. Many people say he's hardest puncher in the division.

kcxiv
07-27-2008, 03:10 AM
http://www.justin.tv/sportinwood/173455/Cotto_vs_Margarito

can watch the fight at that link.

FAX
07-27-2008, 09:33 AM
Thanks for the link, Mr. kcxiv.

Watching it now.

FAX

Skip Towne
07-27-2008, 09:38 AM
I want to see someone get phased. I'll bet that is a sight.

kcxiv
07-27-2008, 09:52 AM
I am going to watch it again, it was a great fight.

FAX
07-27-2008, 10:00 AM
I've watched a lot of Mexican fighters over the years and wondered more than once if they can even get knocked out. Sometimes, it doesn't seem possible.

FAX

FAX
07-27-2008, 10:04 AM
End of round three and not a single clinch. You have to like that.

FAX

kcxiv
07-27-2008, 10:30 AM
I've watched a lot of Mexican fighters over the years and wondered more than once if they can even get knocked out. Sometimes, it doesn't seem possible.

FAX

He took some clean shots this fight and never even flinched.

FAX
07-27-2008, 11:38 AM
Hmmm. It was a good fight, no question. The ending was kind of anti-climactic, though. Margarito just wore him down. To me, it looked like Cotto was a beaten man from the 5th round, or so. At that point, you knew that Cotto couldn't hurt his opponent and it was just a matter of either weathering the rounds and winning on points or giving up.

FAX

kcxiv
07-27-2008, 11:53 AM
Hmmm. It was a good fight, no question. The ending was kind of anti-climactic, though. Margarito just wore him down. To me, it looked like Cotto was a beaten man from the 5th round, or so. At that point, you knew that Cotto couldn't hurt his opponent and it was just a matter of either weathering the rounds and winning on points or giving up.

FAXWhere the fought imo was lost was in the 2nd round. Margarito went to the body hard that round. I think at one point in that fight he actually hurt Cotto. He was smart, he pounded the body until he slowed down then it was easy picking. This is why everyone ducked him for so long. You cant hurt the guy or even slow him down. He was like a freight train just kept coming then eventually ran over his target.lol

ArrowheadHawk
07-27-2008, 12:54 PM
Boxing is boring. MMA is teh shit!

kcxiv
07-27-2008, 01:13 PM
Boxing is boring. MMA is teh shit!

While i like MMA, i rather watch a good boxing match over MMA any day of the week and on Christmas.

ArrowheadHawk
07-27-2008, 01:24 PM
While i like MMA, i rather watch a good boxing match over MMA any day of the week and on Christmas.
Fair enough. But to each their own. If I watch boxing I fall asleep. I think the last time I watched a fight I liked it was De La Hoya vs the guy who just retired sorry cant remember his name. With MMA I can get into it even if I don't know the fighters and the fights are not overly hyped.

kcxiv
07-27-2008, 01:47 PM
Fair enough. But to each their own. If I watch boxing I fall asleep. I think the last time I watched a fight I liked it was De La Hoya vs the guy who just retired sorry cant remember his name. With MMA I can get into it even if I don't know the fighters and the fights are not overly hyped.

Well for everyones sake that likes MMA you all better home Dana White changes his tune, he's about to kill the UFC as it stands now.

Also, MMA is going to go the same way boxing is going once the money starts getting bigger. Money will change everything in MMA.

ArrowheadHawk
07-27-2008, 01:58 PM
... Money will change everything in MMA.What exactly do you mean by this. I hope you don't mean that I will have to buy a PPV with only one good fight on it.

kcxiv
07-27-2008, 02:39 PM
What exactly do you mean by this. I hope you don't mean that I will have to buy a PPV with only one good fight on it.

People ducking one another and hand picking fights making for less interesting fights ala. Floyd Peterson. Its going to end up like boxing. There are going to be different heavyweight belts. You are already starting to see separation between the different promotions.

kcxiv
07-31-2008, 12:33 PM
http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll6/StreetVandalNBS/pwnd.gif How it happend. heh