07-27-2008, 11:35 AM
not enough. we'll get creamed.

Mr. Arrowhead
07-27-2008, 11:35 AM
You can currently bet at chiefs +15.5
wow im surprised its that low, i was guessing at least in the 20s

teedubya
07-27-2008, 11:38 AM
shit take that bet. Bet your mortgage on that shit.

Skip Towne
07-27-2008, 11:45 AM
Not enough points. They can beat us as badly as they want to. What if Brady is all pissed off that day?

SithCeNtZ
07-27-2008, 11:45 AM
shit take that bet. Bet your mortgage on that shit.

I bet alot of people were saying that same thing when we played @ SD last year...

Bugeater
07-27-2008, 11:47 AM
Not enough points. They can beat us as badly as they want to. What if Brady is all pissed off that day?

I'm thinking there's a good chance the whole team may just be a little ticked off. Something about 18-1.

blueballs
07-27-2008, 11:49 AM
ribs corn on the cob beer
lots and lots of beer

DeezNutz
07-27-2008, 11:51 AM
Does anyone believe that Herm might be able to get more out of this team in week 1 than many might otherwise expect? For example, Denver two years ago and Indy last year should have been nasty, too. Obviously NE is better than both these teams, but...

This could be the one game on this year's schedule when Herm's rah-rah style pays benefits. Chiefs lose, but I wouldn't be shocked to see it stay within 2 TDs.

Crashride
07-27-2008, 11:56 AM
You never know. I can see us pulling one out. Maybe im just so excited about football period its blinding me. But I do know just because the patriots went 18-1 last season doesnt guarentee there coming close to that record again.

SithCeNtZ
07-27-2008, 11:57 AM
Does anyone believe that Herm might be able to get more out of this team in week 1 than many might otherwise expect? For example, Denver two years ago and Indy last year should have been nasty, too. Obviously NE is better than both these teams, but...

This could be the one game on this year's schedule when Herm's rah-rah style pays benefits. Chiefs lose, but I wouldn't be shocked to see it stay within 2 TDs.

Yep. You also can't discount that week 1 is often a very random affair. You never know how good teams are going to play in the opening week. In 2006 the Pats had a great team and made the AFC championship game. In week 1 they were at home against the lowly Bills who were not expected to be anything good. Final score? 19-17 pats and they were losing in the fourth quarter. I doubt the line goes higher than 18 points.

Consistent1
07-27-2008, 12:01 PM
I think about 25 for the Pats is realistic.

Skip Towne
07-27-2008, 12:07 PM
I think about 25 for the Pats is realistic.

I don't remember what is the highest point spread I have seen but I'm pretty sure it wasn't that high. Usually they just say "off the board" when it is that lopsided.

Nzoner
07-27-2008, 12:09 PM
I don't remember what is the highest point spread I have seen but I'm pretty sure it wasn't that high. Usually they just say "off the board" when it is that lopsided.

I've only seen 1 NFL ps in the 20's in all my years of following lines and that was the '85 Bears,as I recall it was 21

teedubya
07-27-2008, 12:10 PM
If the Chiefs somehow pull out a victory in this game, the homerism optimism around here will be at a ridiculous level.

That being said... We have the unfortunate task of being Pats first "opponent" since their Superbowl debacle. I say "opponent" because preseason opponents don't count.

siberian khatru
07-27-2008, 12:12 PM
I think 10 1/2 is realistic. That's pretty high in the NFL.

POND_OF_RED
07-27-2008, 12:14 PM
Who is backup QB for NE? I think this will affect my decision to bet since Dorsey will murder Brady on the first series. :bong::homer:

Skip Towne
07-27-2008, 12:16 PM
Who is backup QB for NE? I think this will affect my decision to bet since Dorsey will murder Brady on the first series. :bong::homer:

It could be Howdy Doody and they would still kill us.

DeezNutz
07-27-2008, 12:17 PM
Yep. You also can't discount that week 1 is often a very random affair. You never know how good teams are going to play in the opening week. In 2006 the Pats had a great team and made the AFC championship game. In week 1 they were at home against the lowly Bills who were not expected to be anything good. Final score? 19-17 pats and they were losing in the fourth quarter. I doubt the line goes higher than 18 points.

:thumb:

Bearcat
07-27-2008, 12:38 PM

Herm's philosophy is all about keeping both teams in the game, so he'll do everything possible to keep it close by halftime and hope for the best in the 2nd half. Unfortunately, it only goes so far when playing a team like the Patriots, so I could see a 10-7 halftime score quickly turn into something like 31-13.

Rausch
07-27-2008, 12:46 PM
Herm's philosophy is all about keeping both teams in the game, so he'll do everything possible to keep it close by halftime and hope for the best in the 2nd half. Unfortunately, it only goes so far when playing a team like the Patriots, so I could see a 10-7 halftime score quickly turn into something like 31-13.

You look back Gunther always puts his best team out there when we're playing the best team. Our defense looked spectacular in Indi. When DV was here (They will punt this time) under DV we compeletely confused Payed-a-Ton the 1st half and did beat them. Even in the Indi playoff game our defense played as well as could be expected. On the road. With no help at all from the offense.

I'd expect a low 20's score from the pats and our offense to lose this game. I just don't think we'll be able to score above our average even though our defense can hold them below theirs.

RustShack
07-27-2008, 12:53 PM
We will beat the Patriots. We will also lose to teams we should easly be able to beat after beating the Patriots.

kstater
07-27-2008, 12:54 PM

Rausch
07-27-2008, 12:56 PM
We will beat the Patriots. We will also lose to teams we should easly be able to beat after beating the Patriots.

That is our MO...

Skip Towne
07-27-2008, 01:17 PM
That is our MO...

What's our MO on the road?

Rausch
07-27-2008, 01:18 PM
What's our MO on the road?

Outside of Indi or SD?

Suck and lose...

StcChief
07-27-2008, 01:26 PM
$100 bucks I take Chiefs and 44 points

Mecca
07-27-2008, 01:40 PM
That's a road game to opener the year with a really young team....it might be over by the end of the 1st quarter....

I expect Brady and Moss to light it up.

ClevelandBronco
07-27-2008, 01:44 PM
Ithink you guys are better off playing them in the first game than playing them later. There's usually some rust on even the best teams in week 1.

I'd look sideways at anything over 12.5

Rasputin
07-27-2008, 02:30 PM
The only way we lose is if the Pats cheet, what are the odds of that? :D

Consistent1
07-27-2008, 02:52 PM
That's a road game to opener the year with a really young team....it might be over by the end of the 1st quarter....

I expect Brady and Moss to light it up.

Yep, the Chiefs keep it under a 20 point spread and they have done something good.

Chiefshrink
07-27-2008, 04:31 PM
It will either be a route or 10pts or less. Pats will either be pissed as some have suggested or their hangover loss with still be psychologically crippling them and that is what I am betting on. There will be no pressure on the Chiefs which actually helps them thus these young guys can go hog wild feeling free to make mistakes as rookies as they improve. That is the key to young guys is allowing them to make and embrace mistakes as long as they continually improve each week. "Embracing failure as opposed to accepting failure is the key to success". Embracing means you are not afraid and learn from it and improve. Where accepting failure means you repeat the same insane loser behavior over and over with very little if any success because now you have adopted that identity of losing.

recxjake
07-27-2008, 04:36 PM
Chiefs > Pats... book it

07-27-2008, 04:38 PM
If the Chiefs somehow pull out a victory in this game, the homerism optimism around here will be at a ridiculous level.

That being said... We have the unfortunate task of being Pats first "opponent" since their Superbowl debacle. I say "opponent" because preseason opponents don't count.
Nah, I would all but expect a loss to the Raiders the following week.