PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs If Dbowe and Dorsey are as good as we think they are...

rambleonthruthefog
07-28-2008, 06:46 AM
Should we just draft our #1 pick from LSU for the next couple of years?

Bowser
07-28-2008, 07:42 AM
I think we should let Dorsey and Bowe sit in the war room on draft day.

CupidStunt
07-28-2008, 08:29 AM
LSU has some sick talent again next year. There's always a chance.

Rausch
07-28-2008, 08:30 AM
I'm pretting confident in FSU's product.

Year in and year out...

Braincase
07-28-2008, 08:33 AM
Not if we need a QB.

Rausch
07-28-2008, 08:34 AM
Not if we need a QB.

I'm looking at CB, OG, and LB...

Deberg_1990
07-28-2008, 08:37 AM
Any Powerhouse program like LSU who are national championship contenders each year are always going to have top NFL prospects.

Carl should have been trying to draft more Hurricanes players a few years back.

King_Chief_Fan
07-28-2008, 08:53 AM
Should we just draft our #1 pick from LSU for the next couple of years?

we will have to take a break in the tradition next year. We will be drafting a QB.

RealSNR
07-28-2008, 09:15 AM
We need to find a new school. We've gone Penn State, Penn State, LSU, LSU four out of the past five years. It's time to find another school.

DaKCMan AP
07-28-2008, 09:20 AM
Stick to the SEC or one of the top programs from the other conferences (ie. OSU, USC).

eazyb81
07-28-2008, 09:21 AM
We could do a lot worse than just drafting the best player from LSU on the board every year. That school is just a football factory.

ChiefGator
07-28-2008, 10:07 AM
I'm pretting confident in FSU's product.

Year in and year out...

Live in the 90's much?

Three players were drafted from FSU last year... first one at the bottom of the third round.

FSU is so bad I actually feel bad for them and usually I'm hoping they win. They are florida boys after all.

I'm pretty confident over the last four years that FSU's product sucks.

Rausch
07-28-2008, 10:14 AM
Live in the 90's much?

Three players were drafted from FSU last year... first one at the bottom of the third round.

FSU is so bad I actually feel bad for them and usually I'm hoping they win. They are florida boys after all.

I'm pretty confident over the last four years that FSU's product sucks.

FSU has no offense to speak of. Some quick talent at WR I have some (desperate) Willie Davis type hopes for.

The defense is still solid. Last year's performance was a complete debacle but it understates the talent there. The QB position has been so incredibly weak for so long they're starting to be overlooked.

ChiefGator
07-28-2008, 10:18 AM
Every time Bobby Bowden puts on the headset, all my FSU friends quake in their boots. He needs to be ridden off into the sunset. It's too bad they didn't do that long ago, and manage to keep Richt around. I'ld rather he was coaching in the ACC than the SEC, and he is a damn good coach. (Stupid team demonstration at the last Gator game aside)

beach tribe
07-28-2008, 10:29 AM
FSU has no offense to speak of. Some quick talent at WR I have some (desperate) Willie Davis type hopes for.

The defense is still solid. Last year's performance was a complete debacle but it understates the talent there. The QB position has been so incredibly weak for so long they're starting to be overlooked.

What happened to FSU, and Miami?

It's just crazy what has happened to them

ChiefsCountry
07-28-2008, 12:33 PM

Urban Meyer cleaned house in state and USF picked up as well.

RustShack
07-28-2008, 12:42 PM
Any Powerhouse program like LSU who are national championship contenders each year are always going to have top NFL prospects.

Except USC.

Deberg_1990
07-28-2008, 12:44 PM
Except USC.

What are you talking about?? USC has had a ton of top picks the past few years.

sedated
07-28-2008, 12:45 PM
Urban Meyer cleaned house in state and USF picked up as well.

FSU had fallen way before Urban Meyer got to UF.

The Noles started to fall when they blindly stuck by Chris Rix for what seems like a decade.

RustShack
07-28-2008, 12:48 PM
What are you talking about?? USC has had a ton of top picks the past few years.

Most of them didn't turn out to be "great" either.

Deberg_1990
07-28-2008, 12:52 PM
Most of them didn't turn out to be "great" either.

That wasnt the point. The point was that powerhouse college programs will always have lots of NFL prospects. Whether they bust or not is another debate.

afchiefs
07-28-2008, 01:08 PM
What are you talking about? You do NOT pick a player because of the school. You pick the best available player, period! All things being equal you go with the Big 12 (Home Grown)boys to root for. Yes even KU ( OMG I think I just threw up a little bit)

ct
07-28-2008, 01:51 PM

Um...yeah, cause those guys are classy baby!

OmahaChief
07-28-2008, 02:53 PM

Larry Coker and Kyle Wright happened to Miami. Coker was a putz as a coach and Wright for all the talent he had in HS it never translated to the college. Of course he did have 3 diff OCs in the his years there but he still could not read a defense. The Canes D has still be stout until last year when they were on the field most of the game due to the 3 and out offense let by Wright and Kirby Freeman.

Coker was the worst thing to happen to Miami. He took a loaded team that was left to him by Butch Davis and won one NC and was cheated out of another then the ref threw a flag at the end of the Fiesta bowl. This all after the fireworks and shit had went off.

As for FSU I as someone else noted when they stuck by Rix that screwed them over. That and all the trouble that program has been in over the last few years. The NCAA is coming to see them again this year which is never good. Combine that with the fact that Bobby is senile and it makes for a bad team.

rambleonthruthefog
07-28-2008, 04:06 PM
obviously we should not be drafting Miami players, but i do like drafting big time players from big time schools. It all goes with the culture of winning thing.

B_Ambuehl
07-28-2008, 05:06 PM
LSU has another defensive tackle who might be better than Dorsey. Rickey Jean Francois. Hes a 3rd year sophomore with only 2 starts but has been so dominant he's already being hyped as the first pick in the draft:

http://www.gainesville.com/article/20080711/NEWS/637967488/1016/sports&title=SEC_s_best___No__14_Ricky_Jean_Francois

Pablo
07-28-2008, 05:20 PM
LSU has another defensive tackle who might be better than Dorsey. Rickey Jean Francois. Hes a 3rd year sophomore with only 2 starts but has been so dominant he's already being hyped as the first pick in the draft:

http://www.gainesville.com/article/20080711/NEWS/637967488/1016/sports&title=SEC_s_best___No__14_Ricky_Jean_FrancoisYou shut your mouth with that nonsense.

CupidStunt
07-28-2008, 05:30 PM
RJF is not nearly as good as Dorsey. He, just like Tyson Jackson, will struggle mightly without 72 in the middle.