PDA

View Full Version : The "Bring Back Mr. stevieray" Petition Thread

FAX
07-28-2008, 04:04 PM
I'm pretty sure that Mr. stevieray reads ChiefsPlanet from time to time. I mean, who doesn't? Particularly as the season grows nigh.

Therefore, with great pride, sincerity, and an inherent, vague fear of Giant Toad venom, I am hereby starting this here important thread right here entitled, The "Bring Back Mr. stevieray" Petition Thread.

If you want to see Mr. stevieray back, please post right here on this here thread. Maybe he'll see it and come back.

FAX

Disclaimers: Sorry if repost.

Tribal Warfare
07-28-2008, 04:06 PM
stevie ray, comeback guy the collective misses you

07-28-2008, 04:08 PM
I'm in.

OnTheWarpath15
07-28-2008, 04:09 PM
Selfishly, yeah, I want him to come back.

But I'm sure his life is much better without all the BS this place offers.

Same with Parker. He was back for about 3 weeks, then disappeared again.

DaKCMan AP
07-28-2008, 04:10 PM
Meh. If he wants to come back, fine. If he doesn't, fine. I'm not going to beg anyone to stay or return.

Simply Red
07-28-2008, 04:11 PM
Of course so, I think he knows I'd vote yes to his coming out of retirement.

FAX
07-28-2008, 04:11 PM
Look, my life is tons better when I take an hiatus from ChiefsPlanet, but that's no excuse.

FAX

Skip Towne
07-28-2008, 04:13 PM
Meh. If he wants to come back, fine. If he doesn't, fine. I'm not going to beg anyone to stay or return.

Me too

ChiefsFan4Life
07-28-2008, 04:14 PM

Exactly - this thread is worthless

Deberg_1990
07-28-2008, 04:14 PM
If he wants to stay gone, fine....if he comes back, fine...

Many have left, many have returned, many have never returned. many newbies have come onboard to take their place.

No one person is bigger than Chiefsplanet.

Thats the beauty of this place.

Braincase
07-28-2008, 04:16 PM
The Planet is better with him than without. Tell ya what, if we can get StevieRay back, we'll ban Midnight_Douchebag and another idiot poster drawn at random.

FAX
07-28-2008, 04:16 PM

This here thread isn't about begging, Mr. DaKCMan AP. It's merely an expression of the participants' desire that he return to post at least once in a while. It's like asking for fellatio while you're driving. There's no harm in it ... unless you're asking the girl in the car behind you. Or, unless the girl is in the seat next to you and she has to take her seatbelt off and you run a red light and drive headlong through the plateglass window of a Starbucks at 60 miles per hour and you don't have insurance and she goes through the windshield and flattens a police officer who happened to be sitting at a table enjoying a few minutes off from fighting crime to have a scone and a hot cup of joe.

FAX

Bob Dole
07-28-2008, 04:18 PM
Who?

Braincase
07-28-2008, 04:19 PM
This here thread isn't about begging, Mr. DaKCMan AP. It's merely an expression of the participants' desire that he return to post at least once in a while. It's like asking for fellatio while you're driving. There's no harm in it ... unless you're asking the girl in the car behind you. Or, unless the girl is in the seat next to you and she has to take her seatbelt off and you run a red light and drive headlong through the plateglass window of a Starbucks at 60 miles per hour and you don't have insurance and she goes through the windshield and flattens a police officer who happened to be sitting at a table enjoying a few minutes off from fighting crime to have a scone and a hot cup of joe.

FAX

Gawd, I hate it when that happens. Especially when the hot chick next to you is an off-duy cop t'boot. So embarrassing.

RealSNR
07-28-2008, 04:20 PM
I don't get it. It's the bullshit this place offers that keeps me coming BACK.

I wish stevie well, and hope that he DOES choose to come back, but it's his decision, not ours.

Donger
07-28-2008, 04:21 PM
Never heard of him.

Dinny Bossa Nova
07-28-2008, 04:25 PM
I think he should come back, and bring Bob Dole with him.

Dinny

Dinny Bossa Nova
07-28-2008, 04:27 PM
Who?

I type too slow.

Dinny

07-28-2008, 04:28 PM
Who?

http://www.mayantimes.com/pictires/animal%20pictures/owl$.jpg

PastorMikH
07-28-2008, 04:32 PM
Why do you want Stevieray back? First Down Elvis was much cooler, get him to come back instead!

Come Back FDE!!!

:)

Calcountry
07-28-2008, 04:35 PM
Who?Nice Avvy Bob.

Calcountry
07-28-2008, 04:36 PM
http://www.mayantimes.com/pictires/animal%20pictures/owl$.jpg
That would make a nice HOOTERS ad pic.

blueballs
07-28-2008, 04:41 PM
He's gone
I can take him off ignore now then

teedubya
07-28-2008, 04:43 PM
http://www.dudes411.com/GuitarsStevieRayVaughan.jpg

smittysbar
07-28-2008, 04:44 PM
Would like to see him back

BigRedChief
07-28-2008, 05:08 PM
His last game at Arrowhead.

Jewish Rabbi
07-28-2008, 05:10 PM
I'm pretty sure that Mr. stevieray reads ChiefsPlanet from time to time. I mean, who doesn't? Particularly as the season grows nigh.

Therefore, with great pride, sincerity, and an inherent, vague fear of Giant Toad venom, I am hereby starting this here important thread right here entitled, The "Bring Back Mr. stevieray" Petition Thread.

If you want to see Mr. stevieray back, please post right here on this here thread. Maybe he'll see it and come back.

FAX

Disclaimers: Sorry if repost.
You should have done a "Get rid of Claythan" thread.

FAX
07-28-2008, 05:15 PM

Everybody's a critic.

I have neither desire nor reason to post a "Get rid of Claythan" thread, Mr. Jewish Rabbi. I like Mr. GoChiefs and so should you.

Shalom.

FAX

Jewish Rabbi
07-28-2008, 05:17 PM
Everybody's a critic.

I have neither desire nor reason to post a "Get rid of Claythan" thread, Mr. Jewish Rabbi. I like Mr. GoChiefs and so should you.

Shalom.

FAX
I was just playing...I really don't have anything against anyone on this thread.

Pablo
07-28-2008, 05:18 PM
http://www.dudes411.com/GuitarsStevieRayVaughan.jpgThat would be a good one to bring back.

07-28-2008, 05:19 PM
Everybody's a critic.

Shalom.

FAX

ROFL

patteeu
07-28-2008, 05:28 PM
Come on back, stevieray. It's football time!

DeezNutz
07-28-2008, 05:30 PM
Solid fan and a talented artist.

LocoChiefsFan
07-28-2008, 05:33 PM
I didn't know who this StevieRay fella was, so I googled him. Looks like a pretty cool cat.
http://www.openmusic.ru/gallery-common/0011-stevie_ray_vaughan/0011-stevie_ray_vaughan_18.jpg

TrebMaxx
07-28-2008, 05:35 PM
Count me in. Come back Stevie.

alanm
07-28-2008, 06:08 PM
Come back Stevie, come back!!

FAX
07-28-2008, 06:14 PM
I was just playing...I really don't have anything against anyone on this thread.

No problem, Mr. Jewish Rabbi. Rest assured that my ire is unleavened.

However, it wouldn't hurt to let peep people in on the fact that you're joking because it's difficult to know how to respond to a man of God who's ripping another fellow human being a new asshole.

FAX

Warrior5
07-28-2008, 06:17 PM

However, it wouldn't hurt to let peep people in on the fact that you're joking because it's difficult to know how to respond to a man of God who's ripping another fellow human being a new asshole.

FAX

Oy veh! That wouldn't be kosher.

Oh yeah, and I miss FDE.

old_geezer
07-28-2008, 06:23 PM
Solid fan and a talented artist.

Solid fan; solid man; and a talented artist. Come back StevieRay - we could use more class around here.

Adept Havelock
07-28-2008, 06:28 PM

FAX

I always knew you were a mensch.

SR...COME BACK!

KcMizzou
07-28-2008, 06:29 PM
Selfishly, yeah, I want him to come back.

But I'm sure his life is much better without all the BS this place offers.

Same with Parker. He was back for about 3 weeks, then disappeared again.Eh, I don't know. I think if things here bother you that much, you're taking it way, way too seriously.

I guess if that's the case, by all means you should stay away.

That said, I'd prefer stevie were still around. I like the guy.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-28-2008, 07:28 PM

WTF are you?

teedubya
07-28-2008, 07:29 PM
personally, Id rather bring back Jenny Gump.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-28-2008, 07:30 PM
I miss ya Stevieray.

RJ
07-28-2008, 07:30 PM
I hope that Stevie comes back.......if he wants to.

If he doesn't want to, I hope he doesn't.

I've not yet reached even 5K posts in 8 years, which is probably why this place never pisses me off. But I can imagine that someone who is here on a more regular basis might need a break.....or a divorce.

Mr. Kotter
07-28-2008, 07:54 PM
Eh, I don't know. I think if things here bother you that much, you're taking it way, way too seriously.

I guess if that's the case, by all means you should stay away.

That said, I'd prefer stevie were still around. I like the guy.

I agree....then again, there are a few panty-waist mangina asswipe sausage-smoking rump-ranger wannabes who seem to think me the devil incarnate...because I've taken that attitude and approach with this place.

To me, that's the beauty of the place....if you are in a serious and deep and philosophical mood you can (try to) be; if you are in a silly or somber mood, either under the influence or not....fugg it--go with the flow--dow "what you wanna do"; or if you are in a spiteful and nasty or passive aggressive dickheaded mood....then, so be it--it ain't no thing (as long as you are willing to accept the consequences and/or "man-up" and take the result.)

This board is nothing more than a silly-assed discussion board; on the other hand, meeting people in real life from the board....well, most reasonable and sane people should be able to separate the board from real life.

:hmmm:

On the other hand, I think some dweeby, nerdy, socially-inept types just can't seem to figure that out. Color me, "surprised." Some folks never learn, I guess. Oh well. Too bad.

:rolleyes:

On the topic of the thread:

If Stevie wants to come back, I (for one) would LOVE to see him back. My vote is "come on back, bro!" :thumb:

FAX
07-28-2008, 07:58 PM
Uh ... anybody ... what's a mensch?

FAX

KcMizzou
07-28-2008, 08:02 PM
Uh ... anybody ... what's a mensch?

FAXI dunno... but i found this...

A person having admirable characteristics, such as fortitude and firmness of purpose: “He radiates the kind of fundamental decency that has a name in Yiddish; he's a mensch” (James Atlas).

FAX
07-28-2008, 08:09 PM
Thanks, Mr. KcMizzou. I went to that Wiki place and they didn't seem to have anything.

FAX THE MENSCH

Mr. Flopnuts
07-28-2008, 08:13 PM
How do we know he hasn't already come back and is The Jewish Rabbi?

Stinger
07-28-2008, 08:17 PM
we could use more class around here.

When did we ever have that here?????

FAX
07-28-2008, 08:17 PM
How do we know he hasn't already come back and is The Jewish Rabbi?

You may well be onto something, Mr. Mr Flopnuts. A Rabbi is a teacher and, therefore, an educated man. A doctor is also educated. When you "find" something, something has been lost. The Hebrews were lost for 40 years in the wilderness.

It can't be coincidence.

FAX

Mr. Kotter
07-28-2008, 08:43 PM
Mensch

This comes from definition 5, from the Urban Dictionary....which is why it ressonates with me, I guess (being from 'da ghetto'...and all, eh?)

:shrug:

a snobby person. male or female now humbled

eg, Martha Stewart....heh.

Moobs
07-28-2008, 08:46 PM
Stay away, stevie.

FAX
07-28-2008, 08:48 PM
Mensch

This comes from definition 5, from the Urban Dictionary....which is why it ressonates with me, I guess (being from 'da ghetto'...and all, eh?)

:shrug:

a snobby person. male or female now humbled

eg, Martha Stewart....heh.

I like the first definition a whole lot better.

FAX THE MAY NOT BE A MENSCH AFTER ALL

StcChief
07-28-2008, 08:57 PM
Stevie Ray it's gone downhill since you left, come save us, like the Messiah

milkman
07-28-2008, 09:14 PM
Where do I sign?

Nzoner
07-28-2008, 09:28 PM
This board is nothing more than a silly-assed discussion board; on the other hand, meeting people in real life from the board....well, most reasonable and sane people should be able to separate the board from real life.

Yeah but there's alot(or were alot) of people on this board that are no different in real life than they are here.I've met numerous planeteers in person so I feel comfortable saying that and Stevie is definitely one of those people.I've been around him alot and Stevie will tell you what's on his mind and here like in real life I don't always agree with him but as friends we can get through that and go on,the way it should be.

Like the others,I say if he's happy gone stay away if he's happy here come back.

KcMizzou
07-28-2008, 09:31 PM
Yeah but there's alot(or were alot) of people on this board that are no different in real life than they are here.I've met numerous planeteers in person so I feel comfortable saying that and Stevie is definitely one of those people.I've been around him alot and Stevie will tell you what's on his mind and here like in real life I don't always agree with him but as friends we can get through that and go on,the way it should be.

Like the others,I say if he's happy gone stay away if he's happy here come back.The guy's outstanding in person. About as open and friendly as you can get.

Honestly, I've always found it odd how different he is online.

Nzoner
07-28-2008, 09:35 PM
The guy's outstanding in person. About as open and friendly as you can get.

Honestly, I've always found it odd how different he is online.

I must've never seen that online persona then but then again I don't frequent DC,I do know that Stevie can get very passionate about what he believes I've seen that first hand in person and like I said before some of it I agree some of it I don't but as friends we agree to disagree and go on.

KcMizzou
07-28-2008, 09:41 PM
I must've never seen that online persona then but then again I don't frequent DC,I do know that Stevie can get very passionate about what he believes I've seen that first hand in person and like I said before some of it I agree some of it I don't but as friends we agree to disagree and go on.Yeah, I've never really tangled with him online either. And I respect the hell out of him. He's a great guy.

I just feel like he has a very different personality here, though. It's weird.

2bikemike
07-29-2008, 12:09 AM
I am just now getting back into the planet. I took a a fairly lengthy hiatus. I don't think I will ever get as wrapped up in this place as I once did.

So in all honesty I did not know that Elvis had left the building. So I will wish a speedy return to our very own First Down Elvis. I never met him in person but I always enjoyed his posts.

DaneMcCloud
07-29-2008, 12:59 AM
Yeah, I've never really tangled with him online either. And I respect the hell out of him. He's a great guy.

I just feel like he has a very different personality here, though. It's weird.

I've never met him but definitely publicly tangled with him early on (big shock :))

At that time, I openly questioned and doubted that he'd be the same person if we hung out at a bar. I think that may have been his online persona.

At times, he really seemed angry and bitter while posting on Chiefsplanet. I don't know if this place was "therapy" for him somehow (in which there's absolutely nothing wrong with expressing yourself in somewhat anonymity) or if he was truly fighting demons (which again, I can totally understand).

Life can be rough. Especially when you've got as many mouths to feed and individuals to raise as Steve, so I never felt less of him for our negative confrontations (plus, I'm a dick. Well documented :))

I wish him nothing but the best and if he doesn't come back, I hope his life is spectacular.

Rock on, Stevie!

07-29-2008, 01:02 AM
I've never met him but definitely publicly tangled with him early on (big shock :))

At that time, I openly questioned and doubted that he'd be the same person if we hung out at a bar. I think that may have been his online persona.

At times, he really seemed angry and bitter while posting on Chiefsplanet. I don't know if this place was "therapy" for him somehow (in which there's absolutely nothing wrong with expressing yourself in somewhat anonymity) or if he was truly fighting demons (which again, I can totally understand).

Life can be rough. Especially when you've got as many mouths to feed and individuals to raise as Steve, so I never felt less of him for our negative confrontations (plus, I'm a dick. Well documented :))

I wish him nothing but the best and if he doesn't come back, I hope his life is spectacular.

Rock on, Stevie!

DC is a tough place to have any sort of opinion in. Kind of a damned if you do and damned if you don't place.

DaneMcCloud
07-29-2008, 01:04 AM
DC is a tough place to have any sort of opinion in. Kind of a damned if you do and damned if you don't place.

Yeah, you've got to have balls as big as church bells to hang in that moratorium.

07-29-2008, 01:06 AM
Yeah, you've got to have balls as big as church bells to hang in that moratorium.

Or the patience of Job.