PDA

View Full Version : Royals Guillen: Fans "really getting into my head"

DeezNutz
07-29-2008, 08:32 AM
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/royals/story/724643.html

Royals notebook: Guillen, back in lineup, happy to hit the road
By BOB DUTTON
The Kansas City Star
OAKLAND, Calif. | Outfielder José Guillen returned Monday to the Royals’ lineup after a one-game absence because of an ailing left groin. And it’s best — perhaps — that his return came in a road game.

Guillen acknowledged, again, being irritated by the boos Saturday night at Kauffman Stadium when he failed to make the catch on a high pop to short right field. He said the groin injury, aggravated earlier in the game, prevented him from making the play.

“Some fans got upset,” he said, “and I got upset because they thought I wasn’t trying. I heard all kinds of stuff out there. It bothers me. I should catch that ball, but I was having problems coming in.” The ball fell for a two-out double in a tie game. Tampa Bay went on to score two runs in a 5-3 victory.

“A lot of those fans,” Guillen said, “they’re really getting into my head right now. They don’t know what’s going on. Fans who understand baseball, they know what’s going on. They know I care about winning.”
Guillen’s movement remained limited going into Monday’s series opener against the A’s at McAfee Coliseum.

“He feels a little bit better,” manager Trey Hillman said. “He’s going to try to play defense and hit fourth.”

On cue, Guillen hit the first pitch he saw Monday from Oakland starter Dallas Braden for a two-run homer in the first inning. It was Guillen’s first homer since June 23 but boosted his club-leading totals to 14 homers and 69 RBIs.

“I feel much better playing away from home,” he said. “I’m serious. I’m dead serious. Look at my numbers at home and my numbers on the road. What does that tell you?”

There is a disparity:

Guillen is batting .254 in 49 home games with five homers and 25 RBIs. He entered Monday with a .265 average in 50 road games with eight homers and 42 RBIs.

“Playing away has been more fun for me,” he said.

“Why? I don’t know, but I’m real happy to be out of there. It’s been more fun for me to play on the road than to play at home. I wish we could go the rest of the season playing away.”

The current trip lasts just two more days.

The Royals return Friday to Kauffman Stadium for a nine-game home stand against the White Sox, Red Sox and Twins.

wutamess
07-29-2008, 08:40 AM
Can you blame him?

Deberg_1990
07-29-2008, 08:42 AM
Why didnt Hillman move him to DH??

MVChiefFan
07-29-2008, 08:43 AM
On one hand, I have no idea why people are so quick to boo him. On the other hand, I'm really starting to not like him. That's all I got.

Sure-Oz
07-29-2008, 08:50 AM
We have some dumbass fans...he's our best hitter, this team would be ****ed without him

tomahawk kid
07-29-2008, 08:52 AM
We have some dumbass fans...he's our best hitter, this team would be ****ed without him

What he said.

Royals fans are starting show "Chiefs fans like" depth of knowledge about the game.

Dartgod
07-29-2008, 08:53 AM
It's probably not a good idea for a professional athlete to publicly state that the fans are getting to him. On the other hand, I can see why it is bothering him.

And IMO, from what I saw, Gruds should have made the play on that pop-up anyway.

Beerfund
07-29-2008, 08:55 AM
Why didnt Hillman move him to DH??

Prolly cause then butler would go to first and Gload would have to sit out.

eazyb81
07-29-2008, 08:56 AM
It's laughable that fans take the time to boo Guillen, yet have let so many POS players play like crap for years or outright steal money from the organization (Sweeney) without booing them.

Guillen isn't going to win the MVP this year, but he's hardly a major problem. The fans should focus their booing on Gload, Pena, Gathright, and especially Hillman and Moore for putting these players on the field.

DeezNutz
07-29-2008, 08:58 AM
On the one hand, I'm inclined to believe Guillen. If he's really hurting, he's probably doing about as much as he can. On the other hand, there have been some conflicting stories about his condition. For example, Split said a month or so ago that Guillen wasn't receiving treatment.

markk
07-29-2008, 09:04 AM
i just said this the other day... he's playing through pain and people boo him for it. nobody who knows anything is booing.

he could be taking days off or going on the DL. it's not like the team is in contention.

it cracks me up that people boo Guillen, our top run producer (outside of DDJ maybe), but when the lineups are announced people will cheer for guys like mark teahen who don't belong in the major leagues, or Gathright who is an OPS black hole.

guillen is out there playing because he wants to win. fans are booing because they want to boo.

tomahawk kid
07-29-2008, 09:08 AM
i just said this the other day... he's playing through pain and people boo him for it. nobody who knows anything is booing.

he could be taking days off or going on the DL. it's not like the team is in contention.

it cracks me up that people boo Guillen, our top run producer (outside of DDJ maybe), but when the lineups are announced people will cheer for guys like mark teahen who don't belong in the major leagues, or Gathright who is an OPS black hole.

guillen is out there playing because he wants to win. fans are booing because they want to boo.

QFT.

rep.

Sure-Oz
07-29-2008, 09:10 AM
Has anyone seen guillen run around the bases? he looks like he's got damn bricks in his back pocket...the dude isnt right at all and probably has had nagging injuries all year. He is probably one of our most passionate players and wants to win...im sick of some of these assclown fans loving mediocrity, hell we aren't even at that

Sure-Oz
07-29-2008, 09:11 AM
I am really suprised gathright is batting .250 ish, he'd be below .200 without his speed easily, im suprised he doesnt get reemed along with teahen, gload, etc etc GORDON!

Demonpenz
07-29-2008, 09:12 AM
last tuesday this guy behind us was like GET YOUR HEAD IN THE GAME GUILLEN~! He turned and looked at the fan. Jeez you have to be mentally tougher than that. To even give a response is just going to have that fan get on him more

Sure-Oz
07-29-2008, 09:14 AM
jose needs to go milton bradley on some of our fans, that'll shut em up

tomahawk kid
07-29-2008, 09:18 AM
last tuesday this guy behind us was like GET YOUR HEAD IN THE GAME GUILLEN~! He turned and looked at the fan. Jeez you have to be mentally tougher than that. To even give a response is just going to have that fan get on him more

If I was playing with a pulled groin and in constant pain, the fan should consider himself lucky that I didn't jump the fence and beat the ever loving sh!t out of him.

I remember when KC used to be considered a great sports town. Now we're just like every other city - a bunch of drunken idiots in the stands mouthing off about sh!t we have no knowledge of.

Deberg_1990
07-29-2008, 09:18 AM
Baseball has probably the greatest percentage of "casual fans" than any other sport.

That just the nature of it. Its a methodical summertime game played for a social/casual crowd.

Demonpenz
07-29-2008, 09:21 AM
[QUOTE=tomahawk kid;4876443]If I was playing with a pulled groin and in constant pain, the fan should consider himself lucky that I didn't jump the fence and beat the ever loving sh!t out of him.
QUOTE]

Yeah because that is professional. He makes eleven million dollars a year, maybe he can use some of those to plug his ears, or wipe his tears, or how about cover his eyes so he is forced to take a walk every once in awhile. For a guy who called his teamates babies earlier it sounds like he is the one crying.

tomahawk kid
07-29-2008, 09:27 AM
[QUOTE=tomahawk kid;4876443]If I was playing with a pulled groin and in constant pain, the fan should consider himself lucky that I didn't jump the fence and beat the ever loving sh!t out of him.
QUOTE]

Yeah because that is professional. He makes eleven million dollars a year, maybe he can use some of those to plug his ears, or wipe his tears, or how about cover his eyes so he is forced to take a walk every once in awhile. For a guy who called his teamates babies earlier it sounds like he is the one crying.

I just know this - if you, me or any other fan in that stadium had a pulled groin we couldn't climb a flight of stairs.

It's a question of self awareness at the heart of the issue. More and more people have a stunning lack of it.

The notion that someone's salary makes it okay to berate them from the stands is some of the biggest redneck BS logic I've ever heard in my life. If someone showed up to your job everyday and berated you (on top of whatever personal issues you had going on at the time - injury or otherwise), you probably wouldn't react very favorably either.

eazyb81
07-29-2008, 09:31 AM
I just know this - if you, me or any other fan in that stadium had a pulled groin we couldn't climb a flight of stairs.

It's a question of self awareness at the heart of the issue. More and more people have a stunning lack of it.

The notion that someone's salary makes it okay to berate them from the stands is some of the biggest redneck BS logic I've ever heard in my life. If someone showed up to your job everyday and berated you (on top of whatever personal issues you had going on at the time - injury or otherwise), you probably wouldn't react very favorably either.

:clap:

Totally agree.

Demonpenz
07-29-2008, 09:32 AM
[QUOTE=Demonpenz;4876453]

No one is allowed yell profanity, or verbally abuse a player, you will be removed from the game, they are though allowed to voice an opinion. There is a reason he has been on 9 teams, he is a headcase. He can even handle some boo's from one of the easiest sports towns. He is crying to the media about a crowd that half full every night.

Demonpenz
07-29-2008, 09:34 AM
I would also like to point out that we aren't even in a pennant race, and is still cracking under the presure of the Kansas City fans.

Demonpenz
07-29-2008, 09:36 AM
I am going to reread that for laughter sake. The presure of the 14 thousand that show up to the K every night.

beavis
07-29-2008, 09:37 AM
I would also like to point out that we aren't even in a pennant race, and is still cracking under the presure of the Kansas City fans.

Exactly. Has everyone already forgotten the profanity laden tirade he went on about a month ago?

The guy is a headcase. His numbers maybe the best on the team, but they still don't warrant a $12 million salary, IMO.

beavis
07-29-2008, 09:38 AM
[QUOTE=Demonpenz;4876453]

If he really is injured, then he shouldn't be in the lineup. He's being a total drama queen about the severity of the injury.

If he's really feeling the pressure of the fans in KC, maybe he'd enjoy the scrutiny in NY more. What a joke. KC is easier on pro athletes than any city in the country.

Demonpenz
07-29-2008, 09:43 AM
You can't even berate or really get on the players at the K. A couple weeks ago there was a thread where a person was yelling out to buck "GIVE GRIENKE A TARGET" over and over and he was removed from the game. With the K being half empty if you simple yell or cuss there will be a large section of fans and ushers that will hear it. When I yelled out. F SANTA HAT DAY F BOBBLE HEAD DAY F T SHIRT TUESDAYS AND FIREWORKS GIVE ME A REAL TEAM an USHER was up my ass within a second. He has 14 homeruns and has some rbi's, but you can thank most of those rbi for 300 hitters aviles, grudz, and dejesus infront of him.

tomahawk kid
07-29-2008, 09:46 AM
You can't even berate or really get on the players at the K. A couple weeks ago there was a thread where a person was yelling out to buck "GIVE GRIENKE A TARGET" over and over and he was removed from the game. With the K being half empty if you simple yell or cuss there will be a large section of fans and ushers that will hear it. When I yelled out. F SANTA HAT DAY F BOBBLE HEAD DAY F T SHIRT TUESDAYS AND FIREWORKS GIVE ME A REAL TEAM an USHER was up my ass within a second. He has 14 homeruns and has some rbi's, but you can thank most of those rbi for 300 hitters aviles, grudz, and dejesus infront of him.

Awesome dude.

Have another Busch Light.

Demonpenz
07-29-2008, 09:51 AM
Awesome dude.

Have another Busch Light.

You advocate jumping a fence, beating the "Shit" out of someone, and then you call me a redneck........I think I just got Demonpenz'd

"If I was playing with a pulled groin and in constant pain, the fan should consider himself lucky that I didn't jump the fence and beat the ever loving sh!t out of him."

Chief Chief
07-29-2008, 09:52 AM
Guillen got EXPOSED to the fans when Split made it public that his teammates avoid him around the batting cage and he's not getting treatment for his injury. In my mind, this is the boy who cries "Wolf!" about his injury and cries louder about his teammates when the team goes on a losing streak and his bat happens to be hot at the time. Remember: He didn't say anything bad about anybody in April when he couldn't do jack at the plate. So, in an attempt to not look worse in front of Saturday's home crowd, Guillen keeps himself in the game (he probably didn't tell Trey or any of the coaches about his injury, but if he did, he didn't admit how severely it was affecting his ability to cover the outfield) and then can't go anywhere near all-out to attempt the catch of a pop-up. How else do you expect the fans to react when they see that? He brings it out afterward about the injury but I now no longer can believe anything he says.

Demonpenz
07-29-2008, 09:57 AM
"The notion that someone's salary makes it okay to berate them from the stands is some of the biggest redneck BS logic I've ever heard in my life. If someone showed up to your job everyday and berated you (on top of whatever personal issues you had going on at the time - injury or otherwise), you probably wouldn't react very favorably either.[/QUOTE]

He even berates his boss

I don't got truly no respect for [Scioscia] anymore because I'm still hurt from what happened last year . . . Mike Scioscia, to me, is like a piece of garbage . . . He can go to hell . . . I can never get over about what happened last year. It's something I'm never going to forget. Any time I play that team, Mike Scioscia's managing, it's always going to be personal to me.[1]

Deberg_1990
07-29-2008, 09:59 AM

Hey, the fans in KC have high expectations. They absolutely expect to win between 65-75 games a year. Theres a tradition to uphold.

Demonpenz
07-29-2008, 10:02 AM
Hey, the fans in KC have high expectations. They absolutely expect to win between 65-75 games a year. Theres a tradition to uphold.

exactly...he can't even handle those fans, teamates, or coaches in a professional manor. Lets not forget that he tried to fight the pitching coach because his music wasn't playing.

tomahawk kid
07-29-2008, 10:02 AM
You advocate jumping a fence, beating the "Shit" out of someone, and then you call me a redneck........I think I just got Demonpenz'd

"If I was playing with a pulled groin and in constant pain, the fan should consider himself lucky that I didn't jump the fence and beat the ever loving sh!t out of him."

You're right - I did imply you're a redneck.

Demonpenz
07-29-2008, 10:03 AM
Notice in the following article that he slams the fans.

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. | Outfielder José Guillen initiated a near-brawl with pitching coach Bob McClure in the Royals' clubhouse before Saturday's game against the Tampa Bay Rays at Tropicana Field.

Witnesses said no blows were exchanged, but the two had to be separated after exchanging heated words. Guillen remained in the lineup as the designated hitter.

Guillen is thought to have been upset at what he considered excessive supervision by coaches in the clubhouse. The coaches' lockers in the visitors' clubhouse at Tropicana Filed are located alongside the players' lockers.

Witnesses said Guillen knocked over a chair near his locker and began talking in a loud voice. When McClure told Guillen to be quiet, Guillen responded by knocking over another chair and moving toward McClure.

Manager Trey Hillman was conducting his pre-game news conference in the dugout when the incident occurred. Hillman was later observed talking quietly with Guillen.

General manager Dayton Moore declined comment on the matter when reached by phone.

Saturday's incident is the third time in less than six weeks that Guillen allowed his emotions to rage in the clubhouse.

He lashed out at teammates, calling them “babies” after a May 28 loss to the Twins. He also reacted angrily to questions regarding boos by fans at his failure to run hard on an infield grounder in a June 28 victory over the Rockies.

Guillen subsequently apologized for using abusive language in his comments on the
Fans"

DeezNutz
07-29-2008, 10:04 AM
There were 24,322 fans there on Saturday, and those people were raucous. I was personally assaulted when I refused to give someone my stuffed otter.

Demonpenz
07-29-2008, 10:07 AM
You're right - I did imply you're a redneck.

That is cool. It just lets me know who knows what they are talking about and who doesn't.

Mr. Laz
07-29-2008, 10:13 AM
Fans who understand baseball, they know what’s going on. They know I care about winning.” (http://www.kansascity.com/sports/royals/story/724643.html)

he was alright until he said this

might as well of just said "those stupid fans ......"

SithCeNtZ
07-29-2008, 10:23 AM
Baseball has probably the greatest percentage of "casual fans" than any other sport.

That just the nature of it. Its a methodical summertime game played for a social/casual crowd.

Or maybe the "casual fans" realize that he has sucked ass for most of the season and him playing hurt is akin to having TPJ in the middle of the lineup again. His .391(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) OPS in July is just awful. He now has a lower OBP than Joey Gathwright did. Think about that for a moment and how bad you have to be to accomplish that. I respect him for playing through injury but when it becomes extremely obvious that you are only harming your team because of it, then it becomes a problem.

AJKCFAN
07-29-2008, 10:51 AM
You can see the handwriting on the wall with Guillen (baseball's Andre Rison)... it's going to end in KC just like all his previous stops.

If they're going to move him, the time is now when he has had a good year all things considered.

We'd need a high-market team that can take on his salary.
That Guillen has destroyed, leaving them a good impression.
That covets a middle of the order bat to play OF and some DH.

Yankees?

He KILLED them in the Bronx last time out.

They just did get Nady to help compensate for the Matsui injury.
They have shown interest in obtaining another arm.
They just lost their starting C for the season.

Could they be interested in Guillen, Bannister, Buck and Grudz

for

Cano, Cabrera, Hughes & Kennedy?

Nzoner
07-29-2008, 10:58 AM
Wasn't there a country concert after the game Sat

Demonpenz
07-29-2008, 10:59 AM
yeah emerson drive

Nzoner
07-29-2008, 11:04 AM
yeah emerson drive

Maybe Jose felt like Reggie walking into that redneck bar :)

Demonpenz
07-29-2008, 11:08 AM
Depends on if reggies ops was .251 nice 48 hours reference

teedubya
07-29-2008, 11:11 AM
Guillen is troubled. He has a vulgarity filled tirade in the media.... wants to beat up his teams pitching coach... gives 25% effort, and is mad at the fans?

Good lord. Maybe team number 10 will work out for him?

Demonpenz
07-29-2008, 11:13 AM
Guillen is troubled. He has a vulgarity filled tirade in the media.... wants to beat up his teams pitching coach... gives 25% effort, and is mad at the fans?

Good lord. Maybe team number 10 will work out for him?

You left off the steriods

KcMizzou
07-29-2008, 11:16 AM

Good lord. Maybe team number 10 will work out for him?Yeah, you'd think at some point he'd wise up and take a long look in the mirror.

If everywhere you go, people have a problem with you... maybe it's you.

KcMizzou
07-29-2008, 11:19 AM
Can you blame him?Absolutely.

teedubya
07-29-2008, 11:19 AM
Oh yeah.... steroids. Dude is lucky to be in MLB still. Count your blessings, douche.

petegz28
07-29-2008, 11:31 AM
It's probably not a good idea for a professional athlete to publicly state that the fans are getting to him. On the other hand, I can see why it is bothering him.

And IMO, from what I saw, Gruds should have made the play on that pop-up anyway.

He should of. He overran it and the wind pushed it some I know but still.

Dartgod
07-29-2008, 11:48 AM
He should of. He overran it and the wind pushed it some I know but still.
Part of the problem was that he looked away from the ball to see where Guillen was. Guillen should have helped him out and let him know he had no play on the ball.

Demonpenz
07-29-2008, 11:58 AM
Most of the time you are taught either you say "Ball" or "I got it" or you don't say anything that way if you say "yours" or something like that it can't be confused with something else

Dartgod
07-29-2008, 12:05 PM
Most of the time you are taught either you say "Ball" or "I got it" or you don't say anything that way if you say "yours" or something like that it can't be confused with something else
I see. Maybe that was the problem. Maybe Guillen said something when he shouldn't have?

Fish
07-29-2008, 12:21 PM
I see. Maybe that was the problem. Maybe Guillen said something when he shouldn't have?

Instead of "I got it!", I think I overheard him saying "Get the **** back. This is mine. I can't believe you would try to catch my ball. Why are you acting like a baby. No wonder this team sucks. Just let me catch my ball. I don't understand why you wouldn't want me, SuperJosé, to catch the damn ball. Don't you know I'm injured? I hate everyone!"

I can understand where another outfielder would be confused. It's not your normal ball call.....

Dartgod
07-29-2008, 12:30 PM
Instead of "I got it!", I think I overheard him saying "Get the **** back. This is mine. I can't believe you would try to catch my ball. Why are you acting like a baby. No wonder this team sucks. Just let me catch my ball. I don't understand why you wouldn't want me, SuperJosé, to catch the damn ball. Don't you know I'm injured? I hate everyone!"

I can understand where another outfielder would be confused. It's not your normal ball call.....
LMAO

Mama Hip Rockets
07-29-2008, 01:15 PM
i don't understand why the fans are getting criticized here. if the guy's groin is so sore that he can't even run, he shouldn't be on the field. his shitty play should be booed. playing hurt is cool if you are brett favre or michael jordan. playing hurt is not cool if you can't even run down a routine fly ball.

SithCeNtZ
07-29-2008, 01:40 PM
Left fielder Jose Guillen wants out of Kansas City pronto, according to a source who spoke to ESPNdeportes.com on condition of anonymity.

Jose Guillen
Guillen

Left Field
Kansas City Royals

2008 Season Stats GM HR RBI R OBP AVG
100 14 69 43 .287 .260

Guillen feels the Royals have not kept the promises made when he signed for three years and $36 million during the offseason, said the source. But the main reason he is in "living hell in Kansas City" is a foul relationship with manager Trey Hillman.

"Guillen and Hillman are not on speaking terms, they don't talk," said the source. "Guillen is definitely not happy, he's not comfortable and he would do anything he can in economic terms to ease his way out of Kansas City."

When Guillen signed with Kansas City he knew the team wouldn't be a contender in 2008, but he was promised that moves would be made to build a winning team in 2009, said the source.

The 32-year-old is leading the Royals with 14 home runs and 69 RBIs, but he has been nursing a groin injury that kept him out of the lineup on Sunday against the Tampa Bay Rays.

Guillen's bat could help a number of teams in the race for the postseason, but Kansas City has not shown any interest in trading him. The source said Guillen is ready to defer his salary for 2009 and 2010 if it helps increase his value on the trading block.

beavis
07-29-2008, 01:41 PM
Link (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3509805)

Source: Relationship with Hillman in tatters, Guillen wants out of K.C.
By Enrique Rojas
ESPNdeportes.com

Left fielder Jose Guillen wants out of Kansas City pronto, according to a source who spoke to ESPNdeportes.com on condition of anonymity.

Guillen feels the Royals have not kept the promises made when he signed for three years and $36 million during the offseason, said the source. But the main reason he is in "living hell in Kansas City" is a foul relationship with manager Trey Hillman.

"Guillen and Hillman are not on speaking terms, they don't talk," said the source. "Guillen is definitely not happy, he's not comfortable and he would do anything he can in economic terms to ease his way out of Kansas City."

When Guillen signed with Kansas City he knew the team wouldn't be a contender in 2008, but he was promised that moves would be made to build a winning team in 2009, said the source.

The 32-year-old is leading the Royals with 14 home runs and 69 RBIs, but he has been nursing a groin injury that kept him out of the lineup on Sunday against the Tampa Bay Rays.

Guillen's bat could help a number of teams in the race for the postseason, but Kansas City has not shown any interest in trading him. The source said Guillen is ready to defer his salary for 2009 and 2010 if it helps increase his value on the trading block.

beavis
07-29-2008, 01:41 PM
Dammit, beat me by one minute.

Dartgod
07-29-2008, 01:42 PM

Jose Guillen
Guillen

Left Field
Kansas City Royals

2008 Season Stats GM HR RBI R OBP AVG
100 14 69 43 .287 .260

Bye-bye, Jose. Don't let the door hit ya on the way out.

but he was promised that moves would be made to build a winning team in 2009I know of one move that could help fulfill that promise.

eazyb81
07-29-2008, 01:42 PM
Hmmm, somehow I don't think this will give DM leverage in trade negotiations for Guillen.

SithCeNtZ
07-29-2008, 01:45 PM
This is still probably the best news for the Royals all season. Guillen is putting up poor numbers and it is unlikely that he is going to improve the next 2 years, so getting out from under his contract would be a huge plus for the Royals going forward. They gambled on Guillen and lost, but at least they didn't lose anything because of it.

SCTrojan
07-29-2008, 01:47 PM
And then there's this:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3509805

eazyb81
07-29-2008, 01:49 PM
This is still probably the best news for the Royals all season. Guillen is putting up poor numbers and it is unlikely that he is going to improve the next 2 years, so getting out from under his contract would be a huge plus for the Royals going forward. They gambled on Guillen and lost, but at least they didn't lose anything because of it.

You're ready to say they "lost" the Guillen gamble after half a season? His OPS+ was 116 or higher in 3 of the previous 4 seasons, so I definitely wouldn't agree that this is just the best we can expect for the rest of his contract.

Also, good luck to DM in trying to sign someone like Adam Dunn this offseason if Guillen wants out by any means necessary after half a season with this organization.

Deberg_1990
07-29-2008, 01:51 PM
Yeaaaa,

Lets dump Guillen for more Ross Gloads.

Demonpenz
07-29-2008, 01:53 PM
hmmm Kcroyals.com reports that local fans have volenteered to build him a boat so he can ride out of kansas city on the river of his own tears

KCUnited
07-29-2008, 01:54 PM
How much of Guillen's injury problems can be attributed to him showing up to spring training fat and out of shape?

That being said, his comments about the fans don't bother me at all. I watch on TV at the fans behind the plate with the best seats and they don't even pay attention to the game.

Dartgod
07-29-2008, 01:57 PM
How much of Guillen's injury problems can be attributed to him showing up to spring training fat and out of shape?

That being said, his comments about the fans don't bother me at all. I watch on TV at the fans behind the plate with the best seats and they don't even pay attention to the game.
They're all on their cell phones telling their friends and family to look at them on TV.

ROFL

markk
07-29-2008, 01:57 PM
i don't have a problem with guillen. i didn't care for the signing, but i dont have a problem with him.

but if he wants out, let's flip him and get some more prospects. i'm all for it.

Kraus
07-29-2008, 01:59 PM

This is BS. Hillman was talking to and had his arm around Guillen just last night during the game.

eazyb81
07-29-2008, 01:59 PM
i don't have a problem with guillen. i didn't care for the signing, but i dont have a problem with him.

but if he wants out, let's flip him and get some more prospects. i'm all for it.

The problem is that we've lost all leverage now that this report is out. Every GM will know that we have to trade him and will offer us crap. Plus it doesn't help that he's been horrible at the plate lately.

SithCeNtZ
07-29-2008, 02:00 PM
You're ready to say they "lost" the Guillen gamble after half a season? His OPS+ was 116 or higher in 3 of the previous 4 seasons, so I definitely wouldn't agree that this is just the best we can expect for the rest of his contract.

Also, good luck to DM in trying to sign someone like Adam Dunn this offseason if Guillen wants out by any means necessary after half a season with this organization.

I just look at the fact that he is now off the 'roids and suddenly he can't stay healthy, he is already 32 so he is getting past his prime, and his numbers have dropped. All of those signs point to him not being all that good for the next couple of years. Besides, the gamble I referred to went beyond just pure numbers. There was always a chance he would blow up and not get along with people in KC and that is exactly what has happened. I don't care if his numbers are slumping because he is over the hill or just because he is too busy crying about the most critical media market and fan base in the history of sports, either way he is of no use to us now.

Reaper16
07-29-2008, 02:03 PM
And then there's this:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3509805

Just ****ing wonderful.

This, btw, deserves its own thread. Or the title of this thread should be changed to reflect this breaking news.

markk
07-29-2008, 02:04 PM
The problem is that we've lost all leverage now that this report is out. Every GM will know that we have to trade him and will offer us crap. Plus it doesn't help that he's been horrible at the plate lately.

that's not the point, the point is that he's an outfielder with a good arm and a decent bat.

the leverage doesn't come from "we don't have to trade him" (which we still don't), it comes from that there is more than one team who might be interested.

Atlanta, according to ESPN, had already inquired about Guillen

Demonpenz
07-29-2008, 02:07 PM
send him to the expos

BigRock
07-29-2008, 02:09 PM
This is BS. Hillman was talking to and had his arm around Guillen just last night during the game.

It's from ESPNdeportes, what do you expect? The home of such gems as "Royals nearing deal with Bartolo Colon" and "Royals to sign Sammy Sosa".

eazyb81
07-29-2008, 02:12 PM
that's not the point, the point is that he's an outfielder with a good arm and a decent bat.

the leverage doesn't come from "we don't have to trade him" (which we still don't), it comes from that there is more than one team who might be interested.

Atlanta, according to ESPN, had already inquired about Guillen

Do you really expect teams to be falling over themselves to give us prospects for Guillen and his 91 OPS+? The odds were slim to begin with, but now that he is making this public charade about demanding a trade, I don't think GMs of winning teams will want to bring a guy like that in and risk the overall chemistry.

markk
07-29-2008, 02:17 PM
Do you really expect teams to be falling over themselves to give us prospects for Guillen and his 91 OPS+? The odds were slim to begin with, but now that he is making this public charade about demanding a trade, I don't think GMs of winning teams will want to bring a guy like that in and risk the overall chemistry.

alright Steinbrenner... we'll see what happens.

Mecca
07-29-2008, 02:25 PM
Kansas City would rather have shitty players that can't play than anyone that can as long as their nice guys....

Keep cheerin for Mark Teahen as he sucks donkey balls.

beavis
07-29-2008, 02:37 PM
Kansas City would rather have shitty players that can't play than anyone that can as long as their nice guys....

Great post. :rolleyes:

DeezNutz
07-29-2008, 02:39 PM

Link?

Mama Hip Rockets
07-29-2008, 06:03 PM
hmmm Kcroyals.com reports that local fans have volenteered to build him a boat so he can ride out of kansas city on the river of his own tears

ROFL

Mama Hip Rockets
07-29-2008, 06:07 PM

it's not about whether he's a nice guy. he has had huge hot streaks and huge cold streaks, and overall his numbers are very average this year. if he was putting up albert pujols numbers, i could understand him whining. but when he is an average player who whines like a little bitch about everything, and doesn't give any effort on the field due to a sore groin or sore hips or sore thighs or sore vagina or whatever is bothering him that particular week, he can just leave as far as i'm concerned.