PDA

View Full Version : Football Hot Seat

Buzz
07-29-2008, 09:50 AM
x

Deberg_1990
07-29-2008, 09:53 AM
Id say thats pretty dead on.

If Croyle struggles this year hes done as a starter in KC. Hes only a 3rd rounder so its not a very big investment in him.

Gunther should have been gone two years ago. Although The defense was a little better last year(in fact the first half of the season they were pretty good) but fell off badly in the 2nd half.

blueballs
07-29-2008, 09:55 AM
Gun then Priefer

Deberg_1990
07-29-2008, 09:57 AM
then Priefer

Im surprised he wasnt gone after last season??

Im actually excited to see what Gailey and Eric Price can bring to the offense.

boogblaster
07-29-2008, 09:58 AM
Both have to elevate their game ... Croyle has to get faster ... Gun needs to rest his D more so they can play all 4 quarters ....

Rooster
07-29-2008, 09:59 AM
Pretty accurate IMO. Most likely is the reason Gun has taken on the linebacker coaching roll too. We need more out of that unit.

blueballs
07-29-2008, 10:04 AM
the thing with a young QB it can take several seasons
the league is littered with QBs that have a breakout year and turn to shit
or visa versa

el borracho
07-29-2008, 10:14 AM
If the Chiefs fire Gunther but keep Carl and Herm I will stop watching. Honestly, defense all starts up front and Carl has failed to provide a decent line in ages. Even this year's line is pretty suspect with no DEs outside of Hali (who hasn't really been all that special to date).

el borracho
07-29-2008, 10:16 AM
Oh, and Croyle will probably be running for his life again this year. The right side of the line is still very questionable. I can't imagine Croyle making it through this season without some injury.

TEX
07-29-2008, 10:39 AM
I'd say that's pretty accurate. I'd hope that Herm would also be on that list if the Chiefs show no improvement.

Deberg_1990
07-29-2008, 10:43 AM
I'd hope that Herm would also be on that list if the Chiefs show no improvement.

Yes. Lets hope Clark has a quicker trigger than his dad.

FAX
07-29-2008, 11:08 AM
And Teflon Dick Curl is nowhere to be found on the list of possibles. The guy is, frankly, amazing.

FAX

Fire Me Boy!
07-29-2008, 11:16 AM
Herm won't be gone, neither will Carl. Doesn't matter if we don't win a game. Bank on it.

Clark has said we're going with young guys and you don't want to make that kind of move in the middle of rebuilding. He won't can Herm because he believes in what Herm can do with young guys. He won't can Carl because a new GM will want to bring in his own coach.

I don't think Gun is on the hot seat as long as the defense improves, and I think it will. The defense has struggled this decade because of too much time on the field. In the early 2000s it was (allegedly) because the offense scored too quickly; now it is because the offense can't sustain a drive.

Not being a homer, I think the offense will improve. Gailey's offenses always have been respectable. The defense will improve because of improved talent/speed and a little rest.

JMO.

TEX
07-29-2008, 11:19 AM
And Teflon Dick Curl is nowhere to be found on the list of possibles. The guy is, frankly, amazing.

FAX

He goes with Herm.

Reerun_KC
07-29-2008, 11:25 AM
Herm won't be gone, neither will Carl. Doesn't matter if we don't win a game. Bank on it.

Clark has said we're going with young guys and you don't want to make that kind of move in the middle of rebuilding. He won't can Herm because he believes in what Herm can do with young guys. He won't can Carl because a new GM will want to bring in his own coach.

I don't think Gun is on the hot seat as long as the defense improves, and I think it will. The defense has struggled this decade because of too much time on the field. In the early 2000s it was (allegedly) because the offense scored too quickly; now it is because the offense can't sustain a drive.

Not being a homer, I think the offense will improve. Gailey's offenses always have been respectable. The defense will improve because of improved talent/speed and a little rest.

JMO.
Then maybe they are trying to drive fans away so they can move the team? ROFL

Herm wasted 2 years here already trying to prove he is a playoff coach.. Now we should give him more time to rebuild...

Just say no to Carl, Herm and Herm's pathetic coaching staff...

Chief Faithful
07-29-2008, 11:29 AM
I agree that Edwards is golden right now. Before Edwards is fired they will pull a ShannaRat and scapegoat Crolye and Cunningham first. Carl is safe, but I don't see him getting another contract when this current one expires.

Fire Me Boy!
07-29-2008, 11:30 AM
Then maybe they are trying to drive fans away so they can move the team? ROFL

Herm wasted 2 years here already trying to prove he is a playoff coach.. Now we should give him more time to rebuild...

Just say no to Carl, Herm and Herm's pathetic coaching staff...

Say what you will - I for one think we've had two of our best drafts in years under Herm. I want to see Herm draft for us a couple more times during this rebuilding project, then turn the reigns over to a good head coach.

FAX

JMO.

I think there is great correctness in this verbiage of iron.

Frankly, Gun needs a couple of players on defense to emerge as stud playmakers in crunchtime types. With that, he is safe. As for the offense, it's line, line, line. We have to be able to run the ball, pure and simple. If we can run it effectively, Croyle will perform well and he's safe, too.

FAX

Fire Me Boy!
I agree that Edwards is golden right now. Before Edwards is fired they will pull a ShannaRat and scapegoat Crolye and Cunningham first. Carl is safe, but I don't see him getting another contract when this current one expires.

Why? Because CP already said a year ago that this was his final contract?

Deberg_1990
07-29-2008, 11:33 AM

JMO.

How many excuses does Gun get?? Does he need a Pro-Bowl player at every position before we can finally put some blame on him??

Gun is a turd.

Fire Me Boy!
07-29-2008, 11:34 AM
How many excuses does Gun get?? Does he need a Pro-Bowl player at every position before we can finally put some blame on him??

Gun is a turd.

No, I think he DOES have to have a fair shake though. He had crap talent under Vermiel; and the defense is on the field all the time, with TERRIBLE field position, under Herm.

Deberg_1990
07-29-2008, 11:40 AM
No, I think he DOES have to have a fair shake though. He had crap talent under Vermiel; and the defense is on the field all the time, with TERRIBLE field position, under Herm.

I think 4 years is enough time. Gun has had 4 seasons and every excuse in the book, yet we still see the same defensive mistakes time and time again.

rtmike
07-29-2008, 11:44 AM
As long as Gun never gets on the 'net, he'll have a job forever. ;)

el borracho
07-29-2008, 12:03 PM

Why do you have to be so mean in the offseason? :deevee:

JuicesFlowing
07-29-2008, 03:15 PM
The entire season has already been written off. Everyone in the world is expecting the Chiefs to struggle this year. So where does that leave the Chiefs? Nobody is getting canned anytime soon. If Brodie struggles, they'll draft a QB next year. If they struggle in 2009, THEN I'd start thinking about firing someone ... not after this season.