PDA

View Full Version : Royals Mr. Jose wants Traded

Mr. Arrowhead
07-29-2008, 02:23 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3509805
Source: Relationship with Hillman in tatters, Guillen wants out of K.C.

By Enrique Rojas
ESPNdeportes.com
(Archive)

Updated: July 29, 2008, 3:37 PM ET

* Comment
* Email
* Print

Left fielder Jose Guillen wants out of Kansas City pronto, according to a source who spoke to ESPNdeportes.com on condition of anonymity.

Guillen feels the Royals have not kept the promises made when he signed for three years and $36 million during the offseason, said the source. But the main reason he is in "living hell in Kansas City" is a foul relationship with manager Trey Hillman.

"Guillen and Hillman are not on speaking terms, they don't talk," said the source. "Guillen is definitely not happy, he's not comfortable and he would do anything he can in economic terms to ease his way out of Kansas City."

When Guillen signed with Kansas City he knew the team wouldn't be a contender in 2008, but he was promised that moves would be made to build a winning team in 2009, said the source.

The 32-year-old is leading the Royals with 14 home runs and 69 RBIs, but he has been nursing a groin injury that kept him out of the lineup on Sunday against the Tampa Bay Rays.

Guillen's bat could help a number of teams in the race for the postseason, but Kansas City has not shown any interest in trading him. The source said Guillen is ready to defer his salary for 2009 and 2010 if it helps increase his value on the trading block.

Enrique Rojas is a reporter for ESPNdeportes.com.

SPATCH
07-29-2008, 02:26 PM
good. great. GRAND. wonderful.

Mecca
Can you blame the guy?

Fans boo him, call him names, while they cheer for complete scrubs like Teahen. This town like I said would rather have nice guys than guys that are good.

DeezNutz
Who is this source? Keitzman?

Mecca
07-29-2008, 02:28 PM
Who is this source? Keitzman?

It says at the top what it is.....

Either way lets bring on some more Gathrights and Gloads, Guillen has been one of the best players on the team but we hate him, KC logic.

DeezNutz
07-29-2008, 02:28 PM
Can you blame the guy?

Fans boo him, call him names, while they cheer for complete scrubs like Teahen. This town like I said would rather have nice guys than guys that are good.

Get him out of the fish bowl of KC and he'll thrive in a more player-friendly market.

'Hamas' Jenkins
07-29-2008, 02:29 PM
First of all Guillen is not a good player, he's remarkably average.

He has an .OBP of 286, FFS, that's just awful. He's a clubhouse cancer who is making 4 times what he should. There's a reason why he's been on almost 10 teams, why he was deactivated by the Angels for trying to fight the manager, and why he never lasts more than a year anywhere.

This is who he is, and to be perfectly honest, it shows how inept Moore is in bringing in free agents.

Mecca
07-29-2008, 02:29 PM
Get him out of the fish bowl of KC and he'll thrive in a more player-friendly market.

I think this market has a serious complex about wanting to feel like the players are their friends, the minute a guy isn't overly nice they freak out and hate him and want him gone regardless of whether he does his job or not.

They are sports players they are not our buddies, it's his job to play ball not be nice or be our friend.

Dartgod
07-29-2008, 02:30 PM

Either way lets bring on some more Gathrights and Gloads, Guillen has been one of the best players on the team but we hate him, KC logic.
If he's going to get a bruised labia over a few booos, then I say good riddance.

Mecca
07-29-2008, 02:30 PM

He has an .OBP of 286, FFS, that's just awful. He's a clubhouse cancer who is making 4 times what he should. There's a reason why he's been on almost 10 teams, why he was deactivated by the Angels for trying to fight the manager, and why he never lasts more than a year anywhere.

This is who he is, and to be perfectly honest, it shows how inept Moore is in bringing in free agents.

I think that sums up how crappy this team is because he's pretty much the best player on the team.

DeezNutz
07-29-2008, 02:31 PM
Left fielder Jose Guillen wants out of Kansas City pronto, according to a source who spoke to ESPNdeportes.com on condition of anonymity.

It does?

DeezNutz
07-29-2008, 02:32 PM
I think this market has a serious complex about wanting to feel like the players are their friends, the minute a guy isn't overly nice they freak out and hate him and want him gone regardless of whether he does his job or not.

They are sports players they are not our buddies, it's his job to play ball not be nice or be our friend.

There's truth to this, but players have to wash the sand out and be able to overcome the little bit of shit that comes their way in KC.

Mecca
07-29-2008, 02:32 PM
It does?

I was just referring that it was posted on ESPN so I guess they're the source.

Nightfyre
07-29-2008, 02:33 PM
I think that sums up how crappy this team is because he's pretty much the best player on the team.

Please, hes batting like .160 this month. He's old and a whiny douchebag. Butler is far and away better since coming back from omaha, imo. Whether or not he can maintain that remains to be seen.

Mecca
There's truth to this, but players have to wash the sand out and be able to overcome the little bit of shit that comes their way in KC.

That's fine but you gotta admit he's taken way more than his fair share for being on this garbage team and pretty much just bitching that he doesn't accept losing....

Dartgod
I think that sums up how crappy this team is because he's pretty much the best player on the team in June. Since then? Not so much.
FYP...

DeezNutz
07-29-2008, 02:34 PM
I was just referring that it was posted on ESPN so I guess they're the source.

I know. Giving you shit.

DJJasonp
Well....there goes our shot at attracting the "higher level" free agents.

That said, after less than 2/3 of a season under a new 3-year contract....Guillen should shut up and continue to lead by example on the field.

Keep the avg up and keep driving in runs (and keep your mouth shut)...and KC fans will stop booing.

Andre Rison was a jackass....but when he produced TD's....KC forgot all about it....and he reinvented himself as spiderman.

Mecca
Please, hes batting like .160 this month. He's old and a whiny douchebag. Butler is far and away better since coming back from omaha, imo. Whether or not he can maintain that remains to be seen.

Ok how about we give a guy more than 2 weeks before saying he's better than a guy who's done it for numerous years.

Deberg_1990

“Give me 25 guys like Ross Gload, and I’ll take the field against anybody,” Hillman said.

“He’s just one of those guys that’ll run into a wall for you. He’s a leader in the clubhouse. Players look up to him.”

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/royals/story/573621.html

ROFL ROFL ROFL

'Hamas' Jenkins

That's why the Royals are the most poorly run franchise in professional baseball.

Nightfyre
07-29-2008, 02:35 PM
Ok how about we give a guy more than 2 weeks before saying he's better than a guy who's done it for numerous years.

or four weeks. Either way, guillen is inconsistent, NOT SPEAKING TO THE HEAD COACH, whiny, and old. Totally tradable, imo.

DeezNutz
07-29-2008, 02:36 PM
That's fine but you gotta admit he's taken way more than his fair share for being on this garbage team and pretty much just bitching that he doesn't accept losing....

Most of the Guillen hate was promoted by Keitzman on 810, no? There will be some idiot on the radio in every city, so I'm not sure how this will be different anywhere else. It gets magnified in KC because of so few media outlets.

OnTheWarpath15
07-29-2008, 02:37 PM
“Give me 25 guys like Ross Gload, and I’ll take the field against anybody,” Hillman said.

“He’s just one of those guys that’ll run into a wall for you. He’s a leader in the clubhouse. Players look up to him.”

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Holy Jesus...

DeezNutz
07-29-2008, 02:37 PM

:banghead:

You're fired.

Mecca
07-29-2008, 02:41 PM

ROFL ROFL ROFL

That's ****in hilarious, we have a manager who hates talent now...

Dartgod
07-29-2008, 02:42 PM
That's ****in hilarious, we have a manager who hates talent now...
I seriously doubt he's talking about his talent.

Nightfyre
07-29-2008, 02:43 PM
I seriously doubt he's talking about his talent.

Taken seriously out of context for the sake of humor, I assume.

SPATCH
07-29-2008, 02:43 PM
they won't trade him... they can't

we're trying to change the ****ing culture around here... shit

:banghead: this sucks... i like guillen... AAAAAAAARRRGGGGHHH

beavis
07-29-2008, 02:45 PM

Why, because he showed up fat and out of shape, sucked the first two months of the season, and has repeatedly embarassed the organization? He hasn't taken nearly enough crap as far as I'm concerned.

Chief Faithful
07-29-2008, 02:46 PM

There are a lot of booing fans that agree with you. I like many of the things Moore has done, but bringing in Guillen is proof that everyone can have a really stupid idea.

Mecca
07-29-2008, 02:46 PM
Why, because he showed up fat and out of shape, sucked the first two months of the season, and has repeatedly embarassed the organization? He hasn't taken nearly enough crap as far as I'm concerned.

I find having players like Mark Teahen, John Buck, Joey Gathright, Ross Gload and the like on the team far more embarrassing than anything Guillens done.

'Hamas' Jenkins
07-29-2008, 02:49 PM
I find having players like Mark Teahen, John Buck, Joey Gathright, Ross Gload and the like on the team far more embarrassing than anything Guillens done.

Think about this:

The Royals would have gotten SIX first round picks if they had simply let Dye, Damon, and Beltran WALK.

Look what they turned those guys into. (Granted, previous administration).

The fact that you guys are tying up 23 million into Gil Meche and Jose Guillen--it's just lunacy.

Do everything you can as fans to tell the ownership group to invest in player development and scouting, because you probably have the worst in all of baseball.

SPATCH
07-29-2008, 02:50 PM

QFT

i was at a game just before the all-star break... i was sitting in the left field seats literally shouting compliments to guillen...

"Jose, i like the high socks tonight."

"lookin good Jose."

guess it didn't work

Mecca
07-29-2008, 02:51 PM
Think about this:

The Royals would have gotten SIX first round picks if they had simply let Dye, Damon, and Beltran WALK.

Look what they turned those guys into. (Granted, previous administration).

The fact that you guys are tying up 23 million into Gil Meche and Jose Guillen--it's just lunacy.

Do everything you can as fans to tell the ownership group to invest in player development and scouting, because you probably have the worst in all of baseball.

I'm not disagreeing with you at all, I think you're right.

I just get frustrated at how Jose Guillen even though he isn't a great player is public enemy #1 when we have total scrubs on this team.

When people will stay act like Teahen is part of the future it's maddening.

Nightfyre
07-29-2008, 02:52 PM

I just get frustrated at how Jose Guillen even though he isn't a great player is public enemy #1 when we have total scrubs on this team.

Where did anyone say that? My rub is that Guillen is NOT part of a successful royals future.

SithCeNtZ
07-29-2008, 02:52 PM
Think about this:

The Guillen and Meche moves are not bad. They were risks a small market has to take in order to try and get better. The Meche deal has worked out ok for the Royals so far and it's not like he has been Mike Hampton.

As for your second comment, they already are doing that. They are going to sign Mellvile for far over slot and have been aggressively pursuing others in the same situation.

Hootie
07-29-2008, 02:53 PM
anyone who has an OBP of less than .300 isn't worth 12M a year...that's for sure

Deberg_1990
07-29-2008, 02:53 PM

Hes almost ready to bust out. Any day now, i swear. This year its gonna happen. ROFL

BigRock
07-29-2008, 02:54 PM
ESPNdeportes

Seriously, come on. At least wait until someone with some credibility confirms the story. The guy who started the "Mahay Dealt to Philies" thread is more accurate.

SithCeNtZ
07-29-2008, 02:55 PM
anyone who has an OBP of less than .300 isn't worth 12M a year...that's for sure

Where the f*** were you people 2 weeks ago when I said this and was getting trashed for it. I guess it takes a public demand to be traded before we can all agree he wasn't having a great season.

Mecca
07-29-2008, 02:56 PM
I'd rather see them spend money on Adam Dunn but they won't do that I'm sure.

Mecca
07-29-2008, 02:56 PM
Where the f*** were you people 2 weeks ago when I said this and was getting trashed for it. I guess it takes a public demand to be traded before we can all agree he wasn't having a great season.

He's obviously not a all star or key cog player, he's a complimentary player, and here he has nothing to compliment.

MTG#10
07-29-2008, 02:57 PM
Good riddance.

blaise
07-29-2008, 02:58 PM
I don't see how people can this this proves the Royals suck (I mean they do suck, but I don't blame this on the Royals). Like seven other teams, including the Angels, have had to let this turd go. The common denominator is Guillen. He can hit some, but he's a turd no matter how you slice it. If they can get something for him then trade him. Not because of personality issues, but because a team in the hunt may need him and he's obviously not part of the future.

Nightfyre

I missed it or I woulda backed you up. Sorry.

beavis
Who exactly is doing that? As far as I can tell, you are the only one bringing him up.

DT58HOF
i dont blame him they are a minor league franchise playing in majors

Bowser
07-29-2008, 02:59 PM
There are a lot of booing fans that agree with you. I like many of the things Moore has done, but bringing in Guillen is proof that everyone can have a really stupid idea.

I'd agree with this, but I think it's pretty aparent that Dayton Moore was under orders to bring in an impact bat from the outfield this year. We tried to bring in Torii Hunter and got outbid for him. We tried to bring in Andruw Jones and got outbid for him (thank god). Guillen was the third choice, and pretty much the last viable option as an impact bat outfielder. I'll agree that his history dictates that you avoid him like an Ethiopian hooker, but I'm not ready to throw Dayton under the bus for signing Guillen. I'm guessing he was TOLD to do it.

MVChiefFan
07-29-2008, 03:00 PM
I'm so sick of rooting for this joke of a team. I don't care if we don't have the money to spend like the Yankees and Red Sox, we should be producing a good team sometime.

Mecca
07-29-2008, 03:01 PM
Who exactly is doing that? As far as I can tell, you are the only one bringing him up.

People have defended Teahen on this forum as recently as during this season...

I guess Dayton Moore isn't what people were expecting eh...and the Braves draft history doesn't make me overly confident about him doing that either.

Bowser
07-29-2008, 03:01 PM
I'm so sick of rooting for this joke of a team. I don't care if we don't have the money to spend like the Yankees and Red Sox, we should be producing a good team sometime.

Are you talking about the Chiefs or the Royals?

KCCHIEFS27
07-29-2008, 03:02 PM
And people were worried about signing Barry Bonds for the league minimum? Ha, give me a break. Atleast he could have produced consistently. Jeez Jose Guillen..I knew he wasn't going to be worth it when he said he couldn't hit in the cold. What a dope.

ChiefsCountry
07-29-2008, 03:02 PM
Well Guillen was suppose to be the #2 guy in the outfield. They already had him pegged for that, Hunter at the last second backed out and so did Jones. That would have made a big difference in how Guillen was looked at.

Mecca
07-29-2008, 03:03 PM
It probably doesn't help that the young guys they were relying on are still for the most part major disappointments.

beavis
07-29-2008, 03:03 PM

I guess Dayton Moore isn't what people were expecting eh...and the Braves draft history doesn't make me overly confident about him doing that either.

Aren't you jumping the gun a little? I mean, by your own admission, the team was and still is in sorry shape. Rome wasn't built in a day. I'd say quite a few of his trades have turned out to our advantage.

Mecca
07-29-2008, 03:05 PM
Aren't you jumping the gun a little? I mean, by your own admission, the team was and still is in sorry shape. Rome wasn't built in a day. I'd say quite a few of his trades have turned out to our advantage.

Eh small stuff, Brian Bannister is pretty blah so I guess that's a marginal win and Kyle Davies is pretty well crappy.

ChiefsCountry
07-29-2008, 03:06 PM
Eh small stuff, Brian Bannister is pretty blah so I guess that's a marginal win and Kyle Davies is pretty well crappy.

Who have the Royals had to trade to rape some organization of their top prospects?

markk
07-29-2008, 03:06 PM

yeah, atlanta hasn't won their division 15 years out of 20. what do they know about success? certainly not more than some applebee's frycook or whatever it is you do for a living

Mecca
07-29-2008, 03:10 PM
yeah, atlanta hasn't won their division 15 years out of 20. what do they know about success? certainly not more than some applebee's frycook or whatever it is you do for a living

What awesome player did the Braves develop in their system....

Chipper Jones is the only 1 I can think of off hand and he was the #1 overall pick in a year where he was far and away that pick every team would have taken him it wasn't some hard choice.

90% of the Braves team was built on other teams talent, they also believe in the "old school" approach to drafting and well drafting on natural talent may not be the best thing in baseball being a great athlete doesn't always translate to being a great baseball player.

It's a little bothersome when you go take a look at those things.

OmahaChief
07-29-2008, 03:13 PM
Guillen is a average talent and aways has been. He has never been a team guy and always been a me guy. That works great when he is putting up big numbers, like he did one month for KC. He keeps using the injury excuse as why he appears to be doggin plays. Well Jose, had you come into camp in shape maybe it would have helped you with that injury issue you have had all year.

Bottom line is Guillen never was and never was intended to be a long term cog in the rebuild so if he nets us anything in return great.

The reason I think people like Teahan is that he trys hard every time he is on the field. No doggin it, no showboatin, just ball playin. I am a fan of his but these last two years he has not shown much. I wish they would pick one spot for him and let him play it all the time. Not sure that would help the numbers but it might.

milmil13
07-29-2008, 03:17 PM
Guillen is the poor mans Manny Ramirez, and he doesn't even produce like Manny does.

Is it any coincidence that the guy has been playing awful and you hear nothing from him, and then last night he hits a home run so he is free to call out the organization again.

I was all for the guy originally, but now it is just getting ridiculous.

Mecca
07-29-2008, 03:18 PM
Guillen is a average talent and aways has been. He has never been a team guy and always been a me guy. That works great when he is putting up big numbers, like he did one month for KC. He keeps using the injury excuse as why he appears to be doggin plays. Well Jose, had you come into camp in shape maybe it would have helped you with that injury issue you have had all year.

Bottom line is Guillen never was and never was intended to be a long term cog in the rebuild so if he nets us anything in return great.

The reason I think people like Teahan is that he trys hard every time he is on the field. No doggin it, no showboatin, just ball playin. I am a fan of his but these last two years he has not shown much. I wish they would pick one spot for him and let him play it all the time. Not sure that would help the numbers but it might.

Being versatile might be the only thing that keeps Teahen in the majors, even a good team will accept a 25th man that doesn't hit very well if he can play a bunch of positions.

ChiefsCountry
07-29-2008, 03:18 PM

Chipper Jones is the only 1 I can think of off hand and he was the #1 overall pick in a year where he was far and away that pick every team would have taken him it wasn't some hard choice.

90% of the Braves team was built on other teams talent, they also believe in the "old school" approach to drafting and well drafting on natural talent may not be the best thing in baseball being a great athlete doesn't always translate to being a great baseball player.

Tom Glavine
David Justice
Steve Avery

Those are 3 off the top of my head, who were pretty damn good to go along with Chipper.

'Hamas' Jenkins
07-29-2008, 03:19 PM

Adam Wainwright, Brian McCann would be the only recent ones I can think of.

Glavine and Justice were probably their two best from the 80's, but both were pre Schuerholz.

Dartgod
07-29-2008, 03:19 PM
Petegz is the only one that I can remember doing that. There may be a couple more, but don't makie it sound as if there is a huge contingency of Teahen supporters here.

'Hamas' Jenkins
07-29-2008, 03:20 PM
Guillen is the poor mans Manny Ramirez, and he doesn't even produce like Manny does.

Is it any coincidence that the guy has been playing awful and you hear nothing from him, and then last night he hits a home run so he is free to call out the organization again.

I was all for the guy originally, but now it is just getting ridiculous.

Three years ago the Cards paid 4 million for Juan Encarnacion who is the same guy that Guillen is at the plate, but a far better defensive outfielder. He's also a poor teammate, but not near the Bonds-esque cancer that Guillen is.

Why in the blue f*ck would Guillen be worth 3 times Encarnacion?

Mecca
07-29-2008, 03:21 PM
Adam Wainwright, Brian McCann would be the only recent ones I can think of.

Glavine and Justice were probably their two best from the 80's, but both were pre Schuerholz.

That's why I didn't count them, I was basically going with the regime Moore comes from.

ChiefsCountry
07-29-2008, 03:21 PM
Javy Lopez and Rafael Furcal is a couple of homegrown Braves.

Mecca
07-29-2008, 03:23 PM
Javy Lopez and Rafael Furcal is a couple of homegrown Braves.

Which I believe is a credit to their foreign scouting because I don't think either were drafted, their draft history is not pleasant.

'Hamas' Jenkins
07-29-2008, 03:28 PM
Ha, #2 on his list of similar batters, Juan Encarnacion.

OmahaChief
07-29-2008, 03:30 PM
Being versatile might be the only thing that keeps Teahen in the majors, even a good team will accept a 25th man that doesn't hit very well if he can play a bunch of positions.

That might be true on a good team but a good team the Royals are not. So letting him concentrate on one position would give them a chance to let him sink or swim and if he keeps hitting like he is he can become a utility player or member of the O Royals. I am not giving Teahan a pass by any means he flat out sucks this year at the plate for the most part and on most other clubs is an end of the bench guy.

Carlota69
07-29-2008, 03:31 PM

I highly disagree! He used to be in a player friendly market.

I'm an Angels fan, and we are super player friendly. We love our players and we hated him. He was the only Angel that drew boos form the crowd. The guy is a grade-A jackass.
He was such a jerk in the clubhouse, that we benched him just before playoffs, and he had a high batting average, RBI's etc...but still we said No way Jose. There's a reason he keeps going from one team to another.

The guy is hopeless, period. Awesome with the bat, but awful outside the lines.

WilliamTheIrish
07-29-2008, 03:33 PM

Your telling me that a guy making 10mil+ a year while putting up Richie Sexon like numbers, can't handle the FEW fans that complain about his lackadaisical play?

Mecca, you are the person on this board with the greatest messiah complex. When you are criticized, you paint the entire board with the brush. And here, defending Guillen, you've done the same.

There's a difference between being professional and being a professional. Unfortunately, neither you nor Guillen understands the distinction.

Hilarious stuff.

Deberg_1990
07-29-2008, 03:40 PM
i dont blame him they are a minor league franchise playing in majors

Pretty much. They will NEVER compete until they get their minor league system to produce with consistancy.

Guys like Gordon and Butler MUST hit or they dont stand a chance.

Carlota69
07-29-2008, 03:41 PM
Your telling me that a guy making 10mil+ a year while putting up Richie Sexon like numbers, can't handle the FEW fans that complain about his lackadaisical play?

Mecca, you are the person on this board with the greatest messiah complex. When you are criticized, you paint the entire board with the brush. And here, defending Guillen, you've done the same.

There's a difference between being professional and being a professional. Unfortunately, neither you nor Guillen understands the distinction.

Hilarious stuff.

Guillen is the farthest thing from professional.

When he was an Angel, he fought the coach on being taken out in the 8th inning for a pinch runner. And not just a little bit of protesting, but a full blown arguement with Sciossia in front of everyone. You dont do that as a professional. Then, the next year, after we traded him to Washington, he tattled taled on one of our pitchers for pine tar. Whether the guy really had pine tar or not, you dont go trying to get the other club in massive trouble with the league. Its not how players conduct themselves. Guillen is a fkn pussy.

My favorite part? His kids are still Angel fans. He tried to get them to like whatever team he was on that year (seattle I think) and the kids didnt want to root for them. They wanted the Angels to win. there was nothing he could do about it. I was amused.

I cant stand Guillen, in case you havent noticed.

WilliamTheIrish
07-29-2008, 03:41 PM

Another great example. NOBODY in this thread is saying Mark Teahen is better tha Guillen. But you have your crown thorns and apparently the blood running into your eyes blinds you to this fact.

Mecca
07-29-2008, 03:43 PM
Another great example. NOBODY in this thread is saying Mark Teahen is better tha Guillen. But you have your crown thorns and apparently the blood running into your eyes blinds you to this fact.

What about Gordon then?

He looks alot more like the next Teahen than he does Evan Longoria...

WilliamTheIrish
07-29-2008, 03:52 PM
What about Gordon then?

He looks alot more like the next Teahen than he does Evan Longoria...

Maybe you can show in this thread where anybody said anything about Gordon vs. Guillen.

Jesus, you make me LMAO. You get spanked in this thread defending Guillen and you want to move on to somebody who has defended Alex Gordon.

As has been pointed out (twice) Guillen was signed because Hunter went elsewhere. Moore needed to get a bat. Took a chance. At least they took a chance.

Hamas pointed out -as did others- that the Guillen your reading about in ESpanishPN is the real Guillen. It's not the fans who are f'heads. It's Guillen.

RockChalk
07-29-2008, 03:54 PM
Guillen is the farthest thing from professional.

When he was an Angel, he fought the coach on being taken out in the 8th inning for a pinch runner. And not just a little bit of protesting, but a full blown arguement with Sciossia in front of everyone. You dont do that as a professional. Then, the next year, after we traded him to Washington, he tattled taled on one of our pitchers for pine tar. Whether the guy really had pine tar or not, you dont go trying to get the other club in massive trouble with the league. Its not how players conduct themselves. Guillen is a fkn pussy.

My favorite part? His kids are still Angel fans. He tried to get them to like whatever team he was on that year (seattle I think) and the kids didnt want to root for them. They wanted the Angels to win. there was nothing he could do about it. I was amused.

I cant stand Guillen, in case you havent noticed.

tell us how your really feel :D

I'm with you though, the guy is a turd

Demonpenz
07-29-2008, 03:55 PM
I would cut mecca some slack, I am sure his mullet is alittle curly today with the humid temps

teedubya
07-29-2008, 03:55 PM
Long Live KING Mark Teahan. The best player EVAR!!11

Sfeihc
07-29-2008, 03:56 PM
Trade his ass and get all you can for him.

Demonpenz
07-29-2008, 03:56 PM
I would love to bump the first "babies" thread. I saw this kind of thing a mile away, I am going to bump that sucker for the people who didn't know shit back in that thread

markk
07-29-2008, 03:59 PM
I would cut mecca some slack, I am sure his mullet is alittle curly today with the humid temps

haha

teedubya
07-29-2008, 03:59 PM
Perhaps he wasn't hugged enough by his mom and daddy.

He needs a sports psychologist... something. Dude is mental.

cookster50
07-29-2008, 04:23 PM
Most of the Guillen hate was promoted by Keitzman on 810, no?

No, it is due to his poor attitude and lashing out at the fans.

Sure-Oz
07-29-2008, 04:45 PM
Texiera traded to the Angels for Kotchman and a AA player....

Mahay has 10 teams interested in him, we better ****ing cleanup and get something good...and Guillen if possible....

SAUTO
07-29-2008, 04:54 PM
texiera is in the last year of his contract and wants a-rod money, so yeah mahay signed through next year and guillen for 2 more should be worth something

DeezNutz
07-29-2008, 05:07 PM
No, it is due to his poor attitude and lashing out at the fans.

In the media.

'Hamas' Jenkins
07-29-2008, 05:08 PM
The Royals are going to have to pay a significant portion of Guillen's salary to be able to move him.

The guy isn't even a league average hitter this year. his OPS+ is awful, and he's making more money than 90% of the guys in the league.

'Hamas' Jenkins
07-29-2008, 05:09 PM
Texiera traded to the Angels for Kotchman and a AA player....

Mahay has 10 teams interested in him, we better ****ing cleanup and get something good...and Guillen if possible....

Just amazing to me that they got so little for him. If that's the best offer, let him walk and take the two first rounders.

kcxiv
07-29-2008, 05:11 PM

Cant wait to see how the fans turn on DeWayne Bowe. Its going to happen. He's going to be very outspoken. Its just a matter of time.

DeezNutz
07-29-2008, 05:13 PM
I highly disagree! He used to be in a player friendly market.

Has the Planet stopped handing out sarcasm meters? I don't know if there's a more player-friendly market than KC. If a player does anything here for even the shortest amount of time, there will be a host of fans who will defend that person to the death. For example, see yesterday's DeJesus thread.

I agree with Mecca, however. There's been a lot of unfounded love spouted on this forum for much of the young talent on this team. The Matt Holliday discussion comes to mind. People were freaking out over the thought of trading Butler (whose fat ass has really started to hit well lately, by the way), Teahen, or Hochevar.

BigRock
07-29-2008, 05:14 PM
Say, here's an enormous surprise:

http://www.kansascity.com/385/story/725943.html

Royals outfielder José Guillen denied an online report by ESPNdeportes.com that surfaced Tuesday claiming he wants out of Kansas City because of a fractured relationship with manager Trey Hillman.

“This is completely catching me by surprise,” Guillen said. “This isn’t coming from me. Trey and I are fine right now, and I’ve never said I wanted out of Kansas City.

Much more at the link.

'Hamas' Jenkins
07-29-2008, 05:16 PM
Has the Planet stopped handing out sarcasm meters? I don't know if there's a more player-friendly market than KC. If a player does anything here for even the shortest amount of time, there will be a host of fans who will defend that person to the death. For example, see yesterday's DeJesus thread.

I agree with Mecca, however. There's been a lot of unfounded love spouted on this forum for much of the young talent on this team. The Matt Holliday discussion comes to mind. People were freaking out over the thought of trading Butler (whose fat ass has really started to hit well lately, by the way), Teahen, or Hochevar.

And all three of them still probably wouldn't fetch Holliday.

Sure-Oz
07-29-2008, 05:17 PM

Posted on Tue, Jul. 29, 2008
Guillen denies online report of rift with Hillman, desire to leave Kansas City
By BOB DUTTON
The Kansas City Star
OAKLAND, Calif. | Royals outfielder José Guillen denied an online report by ESPNdeportes.com that surfaced Tuesday claiming he wants out of Kansas City because of a fractured relationship with manager Trey Hillman.

“This is completely catching me by surprise,” Guillen said. “This isn’t coming from me. Trey and I are fine right now, and I’ve never said I wanted out of Kansas City.

“This is the team that is paying me a lot of money, and this is where I want to be. I don’t know where all of this stuff is coming from. I hate to be put in this situation, and now I look like a bad guy again.”

The story, written by Enrique Rojas, quotes an unidentified source as saying Guillen and Hillman are not on speaking terms. The source also said Guillen “would do anything he can in economic terms to ease his way out of Kansas City.”

Guillen denied it all.

“Everyone has been calling me and asking me about that stuff,” Guillen said. “I’ve known Enrique for a long time, and he knows my family. But I don’t know where he got this from. It was not from me.

“I want to know where he said it came from.”

Guillen, 32, was a free agent last winter when he signed a three-year contract with the Royals for $36 million. He is batting .260 in 100 games but leads the club with 14 homers and 69 RBIs.

General manager Dayton Moore said neither Guillen, nor his agent Adam Katz, has ever expressed a desire to leave the Royals.

“This is puzzling to me because I tried to stay tuned in,” Moore said. “Unless he’s telling me one thing and saying another, I’ve been under the understanding that he and Trey are getting along well.

“We’re happy that José is here and contributing to our team. Nobody has ever made me aware of any such desire to leave Kansas City.”

Guillen has been at the center of controversy almost from the moment he signed with the Royals on Dec. 6, 2007. That same day, he was suspended for 15 days by Major League Baseball for unspecified violations of its drug policy.

The suspension was later rescinded, but Guillen’s slow start prompted criticism from fans, especially once he acknowledged reporting out of shape to spring training.

Guillen lashed out at teammates, calling them “babies,” for their reaction to a May 28 loss to the Twins. He also fired back at fans over criticism regarding a perceived lack of hustle.

Guillen subsequently apologized to fans for his profane comments but maintained he was being unfairly criticized because his on-field movements are limited by injuries to his hip, groin and neck.

“They just think I’m lazy,” he said. “Nobody knows what’s going on here.”

Guillen fueled the previous controversies with his own on-the-record comments in contrast to the use of an unidentified source in the ESPNdeportes.com report.

“I don’t want out of Kansas City,” Guillen said. “That’s not true. I don’t have a problem with Trey. That didn’t come from me. If you hear it from me, then you know it’s a fact — but it didn’t come from me.”

To reach Bob Dutton, Royals reporter for The Star, call 816-234-4352 or send e-mail to [email]bdutton@kcstar.com

BigChiefFan
07-29-2008, 05:47 PM
I would go by what Jose G. is saying.

Mama Hip Rockets
07-29-2008, 05:50 PM
If he's going to get a bruised labia over a few booos, then I say good riddance.

seriously. what an asshole.

Braincase
07-29-2008, 06:02 PM
Interesting comparison...

Mama Hip Rockets
07-29-2008, 06:11 PM
Interesting comparison...

what is interesting about that?

KcMizzou
07-29-2008, 06:18 PM

Posted on Tue, Jul. 29, 2008
Guillen denies online report of rift with Hillman, desire to leave Kansas City
By BOB DUTTON
The Kansas City Star
OAKLAND, Calif. | Royals outfielder José Guillen denied an online report by ESPNdeportes.com that surfaced Tuesday claiming he wants out of Kansas City because of a fractured relationship with manager Trey Hillman.

“This is the team that is paying me a lot of money, and this is where I want to be. I don’t know where all of this stuff is coming from. I hate to be put in this situation, and now I look like a bad guy again.”

The story, written by Enrique Rojas, quotes an unidentified source as saying Guillen and Hillman are not on speaking terms. The source also said Guillen “would do anything he can in economic terms to ease his way out of Kansas City.”

Guillen denied it all.

“Everyone has been calling me and asking me about that stuff,” Guillen said. “I’ve known Enrique for a long time, and he knows my family. But I don’t know where he got this from. It was not from me.

“I want to know where he said it came from.”

Guillen, 32, was a free agent last winter when he signed a three-year contract with the Royals for $36 million. He is batting .260 in 100 games but leads the club with 14 homers and 69 RBIs.

General manager Dayton Moore said neither Guillen, nor his agent Adam Katz, has ever expressed a desire to leave the Royals.

“This is puzzling to me because I tried to stay tuned in,” Moore said. “Unless he’s telling me one thing and saying another, I’ve been under the understanding that he and Trey are getting along well.

“We’re happy that José is here and contributing to our team. Nobody has ever made me aware of any such desire to leave Kansas City.”

Guillen has been at the center of controversy almost from the moment he signed with the Royals on Dec. 6, 2007. That same day, he was suspended for 15 days by Major League Baseball for unspecified violations of its drug policy.

The suspension was later rescinded, but Guillen’s slow start prompted criticism from fans, especially once he acknowledged reporting out of shape to spring training.

Guillen lashed out at teammates, calling them “babies,” for their reaction to a May 28 loss to the Twins. He also fired back at fans over criticism regarding a perceived lack of hustle.

Guillen subsequently apologized to fans for his profane comments but maintained he was being unfairly criticized because his on-field movements are limited by injuries to his hip, groin and neck.

“They just think I’m lazy,” he said. “Nobody knows what’s going on here.”

Guillen fueled the previous controversies with his own on-the-record comments in contrast to the use of an unidentified source in the ESPNdeportes.com report.

“I don’t want out of Kansas City,” Guillen said. “That’s not true. I don’t have a problem with Trey. That didn’t come from me. If you hear it from me, then you know it’s a fact — but it didn’t come from me.”

To reach Bob Dutton, Royals reporter for The Star, call 816-234-4352 or send e-mail to [email]bdutton@kcstar.comHmmm...

Well, if he denies it, I have to believe him. It's not like the guy has any problem speaking his mind.

Coach
07-29-2008, 06:27 PM
Hmmm...

Well, if he denies it, I have to believe him. It's not like the guy has any problem speaking his mind.

Not to mention that his outburst about the "bunch of babies" was and still is true and exactly needed at the time.

He may seem a douchebag, but as far as I'm concerned, I would have to agree with you on that one.

Mecca
07-29-2008, 06:30 PM
Cant wait to see how the fans turn on DeWayne Bowe. Its going to happen. He's going to be very outspoken. Its just a matter of time.

We'll see what happens with that, we'll see if it's a we love him cause he's our guy but we hate the other ones because he's on another team or if it's just "he's a punk"

KCUnited
07-29-2008, 06:38 PM
Just heard Guillen's presser on the radio. He said that if he wanted out of KC the media would be the first to know, not some anonymous source reporting it to the media. I'm not sure anyone can deny that.

SCTrojan
07-29-2008, 06:46 PM
ESPN has updated its story:

Guillen, however, denied he wants out.

"This is completely catching me by surprise," Guillen told The Kansas City Star. "This isn't coming from me. Trey and I are fine right now, and I've never said I wanted out of Kansas City.

"This is the team that is paying me a lot of money, and this is where I want to be. I don't know where all of this stuff is coming from. I hate to be put in this situation, and now I look like a bad guy again."

Team general manager Dayton Moore seemed just as shocked.

"This is puzzling to me because I tried to stay tuned in," Moore told the newspaper. "Unless he's telling me one thing and saying another, I've been under the understanding that he and Trey are getting along well."

beavis
07-29-2008, 07:43 PM
"This is the team that is paying me a lot of money, and this is where I want to be. I don't know where all of this stuff is coming from. I hate to be put in this situation, and now I look like a bad guy again."

This guy is unreal. I'm really begining ot thing he has a severe mental issues. He just got through raking the fans over the coals in the local paper, saying he didn't want to play anymore home games this year, and he's worried because someone else is making him look like the bad guy?

Please, dump him now, give him away. I just don't want to read this crap anymore. If he played football, he'd belong with the Raiders.

teedubya
07-29-2008, 07:47 PM
I ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ Jose Guillen

Carlota69
07-30-2008, 08:04 AM

No, I wasnt being sarcastic. I dont know how player friendly royals fans are, but I know how player friendly Angels fans are. We NEVER boo our players, but we booed Guillen.

The guy is a complete jerk-off. And it isnt the media. He is a cancer in the clubhouse and it certainly doesnt surprise me that he isnt getting along with your coach. Its the way he operates. I dont know if you guys would be better off without him or not, but we were....Good riddance...

markk
07-30-2008, 08:49 AM
i saw video of the interview and he didn't sound like he was being a jerk, he just said the fans had been tough on him and he'd been playing better on the road so he wished he could play on the road all the time. and really, the fans are being unfair to him, at least the "who's that guy in right field again?" contingent.

hillman was also on TV and totally discredited it, said they have never had cross words with each other, never had an argument and that they are on speaking terms.

sounds like ESPN deportes is just making things up

blaise
07-30-2008, 11:08 AM
I read this story yesterday and when I got into my car to go home at four o'clock I thought, "They'll be talking about this on the radio." I heard Senior Tour Golf on one channel and basketball ref interviews on the other. I understand the ref interviews on 610 because of the Tim Donaghy thing, but Senior Tour golf on 810? Is there two people in the whole city that like that? Who in the flying hell wants senior tour golf talk?

Sure-Oz
07-30-2008, 11:57 AM
There is probably some truth to this...maybe guillen vented to someone about the fans etc...and that "source" blew shit up

I think there is no truth to him wanting to be traded but im sure he is frustrated with how he is looked at by the fans, and the gloads and teahens of the world continuing to suck and have a roster spot

Mama Hip Rockets
07-30-2008, 03:28 PM
There is probably some truth to this...maybe guillen vented to someone about the fans etc...and that "source" blew shit up

I think there is no truth to him wanting to be traded but im sure he is frustrated with how he is looked at by the fans, and the gloads and teahens of the world continuing to suck and have a roster spot

but teahen and gload are not making 12 million dollars a year, and they are actually trying. the fans are not booing guillen's ability, but his lack of effort.

Sure-Oz
07-30-2008, 03:30 PM
but teahen and gload are not making 12 million dollars a year, and they are actually trying. the fans are not booing guillen's ability, but his lack of effort.

I believe his injuries are hurting him and he'd be better off dh'ing...i don't think he is manny'ing it out there honestly. But everyone wants a damn run producer and a guy that can hit, when healthy guillen can play solid OF and has a gun. Yeah he's slumping but we'd be much much worse without him. We got rid of our nice guys like Sweeney and now we bitch on him "hotdogging" it, when he has been hurt most the year. Atleast he doesn't sit out cause of a back ache

Mama Hip Rockets
07-30-2008, 05:16 PM
I believe his injuries are hurting him and he'd be better off dh'ing...i don't think he is manny'ing it out there honestly. But everyone wants a damn run producer and a guy that can hit, when healthy guillen can play solid OF and has a gun. Yeah he's slumping but we'd be much much worse without him. We got rid of our nice guys like Sweeney and now we bitch on him "hotdogging" it, when he has been hurt most the year. Atleast he doesn't sit out cause of a back ache

he sits out because of a groin ache somewhat frequently.

kstater
07-30-2008, 05:22 PM

If he's hurt, he should go on the DL and leave the spot to someone capable of catching a pop up. It's simple, drop a pop up, get booed.

Sure-Oz
07-30-2008, 05:32 PM
If he's hurt, he should go on the DL and leave the spot to someone capable of catching a pop up. It's simple, drop a pop up, get booed.

I think he should accept DH duties...but they won't put butler on the field...
Makes me wonder if the injury is a nagging one or not...

Sure-Oz
07-30-2008, 05:32 PM
he sits out because of a groin ache somewhat frequently.

That's what happens when the royals fan base kicks you in the balls almost everyday

Mama Hip Rockets
07-30-2008, 06:01 PM
That's what happens when the royals fan base kicks you in the balls almost everyday

aw, poor guy. he can't handle the hostile baseball crowds in kansas city. good thing he's not playing in philadelphia or new york.

KCUnited
07-30-2008, 07:02 PM
Sucks how distracted the team is with all this Guillen nonsense.

tk13
07-30-2008, 07:29 PM
There is a bunch of BS in this thread. Fans aren't on Guillen because they only like nice guys. That is a giant load of crap. They're on him because he makes more money than anyone else on the team. And that's pretty much the end of that.

Maybe that's fair or maybe it isn't, but being nice has jack squat to do with it. Mike Sweeney was the nicest guy in KC sports, by far... and probably to his detriment... but he got booed and was given a really hard time by the fans his last couple years because he couldn't stay healthy. It sure wasn't because he wasn't nice or mouthed off all the time. It was because he made the most money and people had expectations for that player. And maybe that was unfair, and maybe it was unfair to Guillen, but he knew what he's getting into when he signed up to become the highest paid guy on a baseball team.

I don't know what parallel universe people are living on where guys like Teahen and Gload are being lauded as the go-to-guys... because those two guys are torn apart daily on just about any reputable Royals forum.

Mama Hip Rockets
07-30-2008, 08:14 PM
There is a bunch of BS in this thread. Fans aren't on Guillen because they only like nice guys. That is a giant load of crap. They're on him because he makes more money than anyone else on the team. And that's pretty much the end of that.

Maybe that's fair or maybe it isn't, but being nice has jack squat to do with it. Mike Sweeney was the nicest guy in KC sports, by far... and probably to his detriment... but he got booed and was given a really hard time by the fans his last couple years because he couldn't stay healthy. It sure wasn't because he wasn't nice or mouthed off all the time. It was because he made the most money and people had expectations for that player. And maybe that was unfair, and maybe it was unfair to Guillen, but he knew what he's getting into when he signed up to become the highest paid guy on a baseball team.

I don't know what parallel universe people are living on where guys like Teahen and Gload are being lauded as the go-to-guys... because those two guys are torn apart daily on just about any reputable Royals forum.

exactly. if guillen was hitting .300 with 25 HR, people wouldn't be booing him. but all in all, he's having a pretty average season statistically. and for a guy making 12 million dollars or whatever, he should be playing much better and trying much harder.

DeezNutz
07-30-2008, 08:45 PM

What reputable Royals forums are you referring to? I'd be interested. These horseshit players (hyperbole) get loved on the Planet fairly consistently.

I don't think the money is as big of an issue with Guillen as it was with Sweeney because ownership is actually making some effort to win, thus spending money. Sweeney was the only significant contract at the time and when he went down much of the anger was displaced from the Glass family onto him. The team didn't suck because of Sweeney; it sucked because there wasn't any other talent to speak of.

The frustration levels with Guillen are directly tied to his production. He's had an embarrassing April and July. He was pretty solid in May and he had a very strong June, thus garnering some All-Star thoughts. Almost everyone loved his "babies" comment because he was hitting more consistently at the time. This latest incident is coming at the wrong time.

Cards Fan 4 Chiefs
07-30-2008, 08:53 PM
Jose Guillen should have been a perennial All-Star, borderline Hall of Fame type of player. He came up in 1997, the same year as two other brilliant rookie outfielders, Vladimir Guerrero and Andruw Jones. He didn't quite have their talent tools wise, but was very close. The Pirates rushed him all the way from A-ball to the bigs, which was probably the first mistake that led him on this disapointing path. It's too bad he's such a head case that he has never experienced stability with any team.

tk13
07-30-2008, 08:55 PM
Spend about 5 minutes on Royals Corner. You'll find plenty of people who rip Gload, Teahen, Gathright, Pena, etc... on an almost daily basis.

Sure-Oz
07-30-2008, 08:58 PM
Spend about 5 minutes on Royals Corner. You'll find plenty of people who rip Gload, Teahen, Gathright, Pena, etc... on an almost daily basis.

I have been there and they do, but listening to the radio you hear no mention of these guys really. You are def. right cause of the salary and it isnt fair, but saying guillen is hot dogging it all the time is bs too.

KCUnited
07-30-2008, 08:59 PM
I don't get why people care what Guillen or anyone else makes. I'm not paying his ass. Glass and Moore are the only ones who should care what Guillen makes, there is no cap in baseball. The Royals have to pay more for average guys on other teams. If we hadn't gotten Guillen, who would've been in our outfield earlier in the year when DeJesus was hurt (I'm stealing this from Nick Wright 610)? Teahan, Gathright, German. After DeJesus comes of the dl, Teahan, Gathright, DeJesus. Sucks.

Sure-Oz
07-30-2008, 09:03 PM
Forget Guillen for now...

when is the trade deadline tomorrow? Are we making any moves?

Mama Hip Rockets
07-30-2008, 09:11 PM
I don't get why people care what Guillen or anyone else makes.

because when you make millions and millions of dollars, you should run out grounders and at least attempt to catch fly balls.

Sure-Oz
07-30-2008, 09:16 PM
Ramirez looks like he may be traded....details here from mlbtraderumors.com

snippet... if it goes down.....

Marlins get Manny Ramirez, one prospect (BOS), and cash (likely Ramirez’s remaining salary)
Pirates get Jeremy Hermida and three prospects (two FLO, one BOS)
Red Sox get Jason Bay and John Grabow

KCUnited
07-30-2008, 09:18 PM
because when you make millions and millions of dollars, you should run out grounders and at least attempt to catch fly balls.

So if he were making $200,000 a year it would be acceptible. Its not your money, so what do you care? Nobody paid Jose Guillen to run out grounders. And about fly balls, its far more embarrassing to see Aviles and Gordon collide on something routine, or German in left floating like a turd in a punchbowl, or Teahan who shouldn't even be in the outfield. We overpaid for an average outfielder who drives in runs. We are the Royals.

DeezNutz
07-30-2008, 09:22 PM
The running out ground balls is a joke. Should he? Yes, of course. But even the players who claim they do, don't. Example: Teahen. He's on 810 every week and he'll talk about how he "owes it to himself" to hustle all the time, and all the radio heads praise him up and down for this, but watch him more closely. Mark "Hustle" Teahen doesn't run out every grounder.

But production is overrated, right? Guillen has driven in some important runs, important in a Royals sense that is, and Teahen can barely drive himself home after the game.

Sure-Oz
07-30-2008, 09:25 PM
To Mark's credit he has 2 inside the park HR's too bad his bat is consistently inconsistent. I would rather have Guillen , Aviles or Dejesus up with runners on than any other Royal, period.

DeezNutz
07-30-2008, 09:29 PM
To Mark's credit he has 2 inside the park HR's too bad his bat is consistently inconsistent. I would rather have Guillen , Aviles or Dejesus up with runners on than any other Royal, period.

He's a very good base runner. There's no doubt about that. Very instinctive. But he's slugging the softest .392 in the history of the game. 2 inside the park HR's and a lot of bloop doubles up the line. For such a big guy, it's like his inner bitch comes out every time he steps in the box.

Sure-Oz
07-30-2008, 09:31 PM
He's a very good base runner. There's no doubt about that. Very instinctive. But he's slugging the softest .392 in the history of the game. 2 inside the park HR's and a lot of bloop doubles up the line. For such a big guy, it's like his inner bitch comes out every time he steps in the box.

Similiar production is coming from TB with BJ Upton as well, except he has more runs and SB's, that dudes killing me in fantasy baseball

Mama Hip Rockets
07-30-2008, 09:40 PM
[QUOTE=KCUnited;4880592]So if he were making $200,000 a year it would be acceptible. [QUOTE]

it would be more acceptable, yes. when you get paid like that, people have expectations.

kind of like a 10-6 record would be great for the chiefs, but bad for the patriots. it all depends on the expectations.

KCUnited
07-30-2008, 09:48 PM
[QUOTE=KCUnited;4880592]So if he were making $200,000 a year it would be acceptible. [QUOTE]

it would be more acceptable, yes. when you get paid like that, people have expectations.

kind of like a 10-6 record would be great for the chiefs, but bad for the patriots. it all depends on the expectations.

Holy shit that's retarded. There is no cap in baseball, so the football analogy doesn't fit, Guillen's salary isn't eating up cap. You aren't paying Guillen, so you should hold him to the same standards of every other player on this team that under performs.

Mama Hip Rockets
07-30-2008, 09:51 PM
[QUOTE=thurman merman;4880646][QUOTE=KCUnited;4880592]So if he were making $200,000 a year it would be acceptible.

Holy shit that's retarded. There is no cap in baseball, so the football analogy doesn't fit, Guillen's salary isn't eating up cap. You aren't paying Guillen, so you should hold him to the same standards of every other player on this team that under performs.

if it makes you feel better, i have also booed jimmy gobble, joel peralta, tony pena jr, john buck, and joey gathright at ballgames.

DeezNutz
07-30-2008, 09:52 PM
What really confuses me is when baseball fans begin managing the owner's finances even more specifically. For example, when the team was after Hunter, people were cool with the thought of offering him 15 mil. per, but some were like, "There's no way, I'd give him 20. It would be stupid if we did this."

Who the **** cares? I want good players. I don't give a **** what David Glass spends to get them. When we have a payroll that's on par with more competitive clubs, then we can start being a bit more precise. Don't get me wrong. Don't spend to spend, but WTF...I'm not the least bit worried about Glass spending another couple mil. He'll still probably be able to eat.

KCUnited
07-30-2008, 09:58 PM
What really confuses me is when baseball fans begin managing the owner's finances even more specifically. For example, when the team was after Hunter, people were cool with the thought of offering him 15 mil. per, but some were like, "There's no way, I'd give him 20. It would be stupid if we did this."

Who the **** cares? I want good players. I don't give a **** what David Glass spends to get them. When we have a payroll that's on par with more competitive clubs, then we can start being a bit more precise. Don't get me wrong. Don't spend to spend, but WTF...I'm not the least bit worried about Glass spending another couple mil. He'll still probably be able to eat.

Yep.