PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs NFL Network #2 all-time player not in the HOF

Nzoner
07-29-2008, 06:59 PM
Just watching this program and the #2 pick was our very own late great #58 Derrick Thomas.Nice little piece on DT including an interview with Dan Reeves who said,"We played those guys twice a year and Derrick Thomas was my Lawrence Taylor."

Grunhard also had his say in that if DT were alive today he'd already be in the HOF,out of sight out of mind,and for any voter who said DT didn't play the run he'd personally find film and show that person they didn't do their homework.

Sorry if this was repost

Marco Polo
07-29-2008, 07:00 PM
Good piece, thanks. Who was #1?

StcChief
07-29-2008, 07:05 PM
So KC Chiefs get a "real" presenter this year. Even if you have to pay 'em.
Joe Buck, Bernie Mackliz could do the job. Gretz etc in KC can't get it done.

BigRock
07-29-2008, 07:05 PM
Good piece, thanks. Who was #1?

Jerry Kramer, the RG from the Lombardi days.

Rain Man
07-29-2008, 07:14 PM
I think Everson Walls, Deron Cherry, Albert Lewis, and Kenny Easley all should be high on the list. Defensive backs are woefully underrepresented in the Hall.

teedubya
07-29-2008, 07:41 PM
Otis Taylor should be up there too. ****ers.

Amnorix
07-29-2008, 07:42 PM
I think Everson Walls, Deron Cherry, Albert Lewis, and Kenny Easley all should be high on the list. Defensive backs are woefully underrepresented in the Hall.

The Hall is absurdly unbalanced. It's really pathetic.

RealSNR
07-29-2008, 08:00 PM
Karl ****in Mecklenberg.

Let that name sink in next time somebody says Derrick Thomas isn't HOF worthy :cuss:

StcChief
07-29-2008, 08:06 PM
Karl ****in Mecklenberg.

Let that name sink in next time somebody says Derrick Thomas isn't HOF worthy :cuss: Karl couldn't hold DT jock

Rain Man
07-29-2008, 08:10 PM
Karl ****in Mecklenberg.

Let that name sink in next time somebody says Derrick Thomas isn't HOF worthy :cuss:

I'm going to get into my car and drive all the way to North Dakota just to hit you.

In all seriousness, Mecklenburg was a hated rival - really, really hated - but I must admit that most of that was because he was really good. Not DT good, but good.

Kevin Greene is a linebacker that is surprisingly absent from HoF talks in my opinion.

RealSNR
07-29-2008, 08:15 PM
I'm going to get into my car and drive all the way to North Dakota just to hit you.

In all seriousness, Mecklenburg was a hated rival - really, really hated - but I must admit that most of that was because he was really good. Not DT good, but good.

Kevin Greene is a linebacker that is surprisingly absent from HoF talks in my opinion.Look at Mecklenberg's stats. They're on the Joe Namath-like level in terms of mediocrity. And he didn't even guarantee a Super Bowl victory. Nor did he win it.

Oh, and I'm in Maine right now. You'll have to drive a bit further.

Nzoner
07-29-2008, 08:18 PM
Kevin Greene is a linebacker that is surprisingly absent from HoF talks in my opinion.

Greene was mentioned in the piece as well.

Red Dawg
07-30-2008, 09:40 AM
Swann, Long, Young just to name a few should have never gotten in. The fact that Chris Carter was not first ballot and is not even a second ballot is plain pathedic must less DT not getting in yet.

Redrum_69
07-30-2008, 09:42 AM
the hall of fame doesnt like liberals...

Rausch
07-30-2008, 10:06 AM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=69598

Nzoner
07-30-2008, 10:23 AM
Swann, Long, Young just to name a few should have never gotten in. The fact that Chris Carter was not first ballot and is not even a second ballot is plain pathedic must less DT not getting in yet.

Yep,Cris Carter was mentioned on the program as well.

Chiefnj2
07-30-2008, 10:36 AM
Greene was mentioned in the piece as well.

I'm sure the folks from the Rams and Panthers could make a case that Greene is more deserving than Thomas.

Rausch
07-30-2008, 10:41 AM
I'm sure the folks from the Rams and Panthers could make a case that Greene is more deserving than Thomas.

Greene was an all around force (and personal favorite.)

I think his character issues with the Panthers (even his favorite coach, Capers, couldn't calm him) soured many...

Redrum_69
07-30-2008, 10:43 AM
I have a Trent Green jersey card that has his rams and chiefs jersey swatches on it and his autograph...

i'd be happy to sell it to a green fan

I also have an uber rare tony gonzalez autograph card that was an insert a few years back....its pretty damn cool