PDA

View Full Version : Money Paycheck mixup

POND_OF_RED
07-30-2008, 12:53 AM
So last week my paycheck had an extra $120 on it. I receive my paychecks on a TotalPay Card which can be used at any ATM. Obviously I withdrew all the money from the card before the mistake could be cleared. Now I was overwhelmed to have the extra cash that wasn't needed so obviously I spent it on weed. Well last night my boss called and said there was a mixup on my paycheck and that I needed to pay it back. I told him I had already spent it on "bills" and he tells me that they can probably just take it off the next paycheck. So now I will be shorted on the next paycheck $120. I'm sure they have every right to do this but I was just wondering if anyone knew for sure if I could fight this in anyway. I mean it was there mixup and by not having this $120 on the upcoming paycheck I will more than likely be weedless for a couple weeks which will really **** with my morale and willingness to work. Do you think there is any way my boss will understand my predicament and negotiate a settlement with me?

J Diddy
07-30-2008, 01:02 AM
no way to fight it, however you can have them deduct little at a time if you show it's an undue hardship

I told you this but you'll probably forget it when you need it

pothead

07-30-2008, 01:04 AM
Should have just told them about the mistake from the start. There was no way they were just going to write it off.

DaneMcCloud
07-30-2008, 01:04 AM
I think that he'll not only negotiate a settlement, he'll probably give you a bonus and a salary bump.

Then out of the kindness of his heart, he'll purchase all the weed you need for the next month. I'm sure he knows you need it, man.

And it's clear that you're a valuable employee.

He needs you, Dude.

Don't worry.

Rain Man
07-30-2008, 01:06 AM
Why don't you just become a drug dealer?

J Diddy
07-30-2008, 01:08 AM
Should have just told them about the mistake from the start. There was no way they were just going to write it off.

funny thing my boss paid me an extra $500 once, I called him and told him about it. he said you're a valuable employee, consider it a bonus

i got it good

07-30-2008, 01:11 AM
funny thing my boss paid me an extra $500 once, I called him and told him about it. he said you're a valuable employee, consider it a bonus

i got it good

That is exactly why I would tell them up front. You never know how you might get rewarded.

J Diddy
07-30-2008, 01:12 AM
That is exactly why I would tell them up front. You never know how you might get rewarded.

yep I made some crazy hot stripper happy 500 times

POND_OF_RED
07-30-2008, 01:16 AM

I'm too nice and smoke too much to even come close to making a profit.

That and the middle school kids around here actually know the value of a good eighth so it's not even worth haggling with them.

POND_OF_RED
07-30-2008, 01:20 AM

In hindsight this would have probably been the best way of going about it. Especially since I found out that some girl with real money problems got my smaller paycheck instead. The paycard was new though so I figured it might have been a mixup on the card not the payroll so I just kept my mouth shut.

teedubya
07-30-2008, 02:11 AM
I think that he'll not only negotiate a settlement, he'll probably give you a bonus and a salary bump.

Then out of the kindness of his heart, he'll purchase all the weed you need for the next month. I'm sure he knows you need it, man.

And it's clear that you're a valuable employee.

He needs you, Dude.

Don't worry.

Can I get a company bong subsidy, as well?

markk
07-30-2008, 06:31 AM
"I'm sure they have every right to do this but I was just wondering if anyone knew for sure if I could fight this in anyway. "

remind me never to hire you

StcChief
07-30-2008, 07:59 AM
"I'm sure they have every right to do this but I was just wondering if anyone knew for sure if I could fight this in anyway. "

remind me never to hire you being $120 short now will be a nice lesson in life....

He doesn't sounds like someone I would wanna hire either. but the hair drug test weeds him out.

Rausch
07-30-2008, 08:02 AM
I think you're being too hard on yourself.

I'd totally use a bank error in my favor to buy illegal drugs...

seclark
07-30-2008, 08:03 AM
weed will get you thru times without money, better than money can get you thru time without weed.

props to you, i guess
sec

Radar Chief
07-30-2008, 08:10 AM
Can't cope,
don't mope,
there's hope,
smoke dope.

:bong:

milkman
07-30-2008, 08:12 AM

I was going to say that he'd probably smoke all the profits, but the dumbass already beat me to it himself.

Gotta like that about him.

He knows his limitations.

CoMoChief
07-30-2008, 08:27 AM
Maybe you should tell your boss what you REALLY used the money for. I'm sure he'd get a kick out of it and may even let you keep the money.

Fish
07-30-2008, 08:32 AM
Give the poor girl some pot to make up for it.

Demonpenz
07-30-2008, 08:36 AM
I would call a lawyer or very least try an online law bulliton board. Something doesn't sound right if they can just take your money like that

Dartgod
07-30-2008, 08:37 AM
Do you have a cat?

Yes?

Are you sure?

DaKCMan AP
07-30-2008, 08:38 AM
pathetic

blueballs
07-30-2008, 09:17 AM
when do you get paid
and what ATM do you use

markk
07-30-2008, 09:19 AM
I would call a lawyer or very least try an online law bulliton board. Something doesn't sound right if they can just take your money like that

It wasn't his money in the first place.

Mr. Plow
07-30-2008, 09:19 AM
I mean it was there mixup and by not having this $120 on the upcoming paycheck I will more than likely be weedless for a couple weeks which will really **** with my morale and willingness to work.

:)

Rausch
07-30-2008, 09:20 AM
:)

Sounds like some $#it that was on the extras on the "Office Space" DVD...

patteeu
07-30-2008, 09:21 AM
I'm too nice and smoke too much to even come close to making a profit.

That and the middle school kids around here actually know the value of a good eighth so it's not even worth haggling with them.

You could always steal a nice bicycle and sell it to make up the $120 shortfall. That way you won't have to go without weed next week. Problem solved.

Radar Chief
07-30-2008, 09:26 AM
You could always steal a nice bicycle and sell it to make up the $120 shortfall. That way you won't have to go without weed next week. Problem solved.

Or better yet cut a few steps and just steal the weed.
The people selling that stuff will never miss it, and won’t mind even if they do. :thumb:

StcChief
07-30-2008, 09:28 AM
Do you have a cat?

Yes?

Are you sure?ROFL wrong pothead..... paging not-so-QuicksSurfer

Mr. Plow
07-30-2008, 09:33 AM
Sounds like some $#it that was on the extras on the "Office Space" DVD...

He should just try to explain it to his boss like that.

SEA of RED
"Well.....you see....you screwed up and gave me extra money. So....I....like....totally thought it was....uhhh....mmmm, cheetos.....a bonus....or something. So I spent it....on....uhhhhh....bills....ya.....bills....so I can't pay you back for it...."

Wack Boss
"Didn't you think it was odd that you had an extra $120 on your paycheck that you normally wouldn't have?"

SEA of RED
"I thought it was a bonus for something.....uhhh...that I can't remember doing."

Wack Boss
"I would have thought you would have checked on it before spending the money though. So, unfortunately, I am going to need the money back. We'll just deduct it from your next check."

SEA of RED
"It was your mistake...hey, a donut....so can't we just call it even?"

Wack Boss
"No. We can't just call it even. Stop licking the cheeto dust off your fingers."

StcChief
07-30-2008, 09:43 AM
I'm seeing a pattern here. SEA_OF_RED aka SEA_OF_CUBBIE_BLUE won't post when their losing in Cards thread. He was stoned :bong: and missed the game. :)

POND_OF_RED
07-30-2008, 09:48 AM
I'm seeing a pattern here. SEA_OF_RED aka SEA_OF_CUBBIE_BLUE won't post when their losing in Cards thread. He was stoned :bong: and missed the game. :)

Kind of accurate. Usually if we lose I just smoke all night to ease the pain. Sundays last winter were a blast.

Demonpenz
07-30-2008, 09:49 AM
It wasn't his money in the first place.

but they made an error, seems to me they are breaking the law stealing the money, back. I would get my lawyer on the phone STAT!

Skip Towne
07-30-2008, 10:03 AM
I used to have a big longhaired cat that was vey shy and would hide when company came over. My friends would joke that I thought I had a cat but really didn't.

Rausch
07-30-2008, 10:04 AM
I used to have a big longhaired cat that was vey shy and would hide when company came over. My friends would joke that I thought I had a cat but really didn't.

Uh.

Did you just tell us you're the "cat lady" with a penis?

Fire Me Boy!
07-30-2008, 10:17 AM
but they made an error, seems to me they are breaking the law stealing the money, back. I would get my lawyer on the phone STAT!

No. It's stealing when he took the money that he knew didn't belong to him. And as far as payrolls, I know with a direct deposit system (obviously, not sure on how his deal is set up), there's print there that states that if an error is made the company can go back into the account to recoup losses. He's actually somewhat lucky the company is taking it off the next paycheck and not just taking the money back out of his account.

DJ's left nut
07-30-2008, 10:23 AM

And you would lose.

Then be out attorney's fees as well.

He had no legal entitlement to the first $120. Even worse was that he recognized it as an error. He commmitted conversion when he took the first $120 and knowingly withdrew it to prevent the company from rectifying the error. The company is entitled to an offset to get it back.

I dunno, maybe there'd be some kind of laches argument, but even that's only an affirmative defense, it's not something that can be brought as a cause of action by the dipshit stoner himself.

He's an idiot and you make me laugh for thinking he's entitled for remuneration on account of being an idiot.

Carry on.

Demonpenz
07-30-2008, 10:24 AM
No. It's stealing when he took the money that he knew didn't belong to him. And as far as payrolls, I know with a direct deposit system (obviously, not sure on how his deal is set up), there's print there that states that if an error is made the company can go back into the account to recoup losses. He's actually somewhat lucky the company is taking it off the next paycheck and not just taking the money back out of his account.

agree to disagree I guess. In my mind if they made an error than it is your money. The same way if I give someone too much money than that it is on me not the person taking the money

Mr. Plow
07-30-2008, 10:25 AM

Heh. :clap:

I like this game.

POND_OF_RED
07-30-2008, 10:26 AM
He's an idiot and you make me laugh for thinking he's entitled for remuneration on account of being an idiot.

Carry on.

Such hostility. I would offer you a joint to calm you down but I've been royally ****ed by the man.

Demonpenz
07-30-2008, 10:27 AM
And you would lose.

Then be out attorney's fees as well.

He had no legal entitlement to the first $120. Even worse was that he recognized it as an error. He commmitted conversion when he took the first $120 and knowingly withdrew it to prevent the company from rectifying the error. The company is entitled to an offset to get it back.

I dunno, maybe there'd be some kind of laches argument, but even that's only an affirmative defense, it's not something that can be brought as a cause of action by the dipshit stoner himself.

Carry on.

I would still contact a lawyer, they shouldn't be taking your money like that, sometimes I think big brother gets too much involved with day to day stuff. The other day I was act by a banker for more than my social security card to withdraw my money. I told that guy listen, dude, I don't care for you or your face. I TOOK MY MONEY RIGHT THERE AND PUT IT IN a different bank. I know it was harsh but you got to listen to the customer. Now back on the point the people shouldn't take the guys money because he needs that money.

J Diddy
07-30-2008, 10:28 AM
Such hostility. I would offer you a joint to calm you down but I've been royally ****ed by the man.

lolROFL

Pablo
07-30-2008, 10:29 AM
It's pretty simple man. While not the same, maybe this can help you out.

I'm assuming you have insurance through your work. So you slip and fall, and you really hurt your back. Go to the doctor, and tell him you're in desperate need of Lortabs. And 5's don't really do it for you...you need 7.5's or 10's.

Bam..you regain some sort of motivation to work, maybe...

You won't be high, but you'll be sufficiently de-motivated.

DaKCMan AP
07-30-2008, 10:29 AM
I would still contact a lawyer, they shouldn't be taking your money like that, Now back on the point the people shouldn't take the guys money because he needs that money.

It isn't his money.

J Diddy
07-30-2008, 10:31 AM
I would still contact a lawyer, they shouldn't be taking your money like that, sometimes I think big brother gets too much involved with day to day stuff. The other day I was act by a banker for more than my social security card to withdraw my money. I told that guy listen, dude, I don't care for you or your face. I TOOK MY MONEY RIGHT THERE AND PUT IT IN a different bank. I know it was harsh but you got to listen to the customer. Now back on the point the people shouldn't take the guys money because he needs that money.

you'd probably have a different opinion if they didn't check and your money/identitiy got taken on account of it

J Diddy
07-30-2008, 10:31 AM
It isn't his money.

and, never was, I might add

Pablo
07-30-2008, 10:32 AM
"It's my money and I need it NOW!"

Just call the attorney from those godawful commercials...

Apparently he's all about getting/saving your money..or something.

Demonpenz
07-30-2008, 10:33 AM
It isn't his money.

I am not here to argue all night, but like I said earlier difference of opinion, I don't want to get my law book out but I am sure that possession is 2/4ths of the law

J Diddy
07-30-2008, 10:33 AM
I am not here to argue all night, but like I said earlier difference of opinion, I don't want to get my law book out but I am sure that possession is 2/4ths of the law

tell that to an irs agent after they overpay you on accident

Demonpenz
07-30-2008, 10:35 AM
you'd probably have a different opinion if they didn't check and your money/identitiy got taken on account of it

Well it doesn't matter now. I freaking told those jacks to back off. Now they are out of a customer. It's a tough deal all the way around but I felt I was in the right to have money when I want it without having to giving so much. It is funny because I talked to the manager and I asked him "HELL DO YOU NEED A BLOOD SAMPLE TOO?" haha lol he didn't have an answer to that. I just poked him in the chest and said listen here bub. Where I come from we DON'T TREAT PEOPLE like that we do business over a handshake and cornbread

Demonpenz
07-30-2008, 10:36 AM
tell that to an irs agent after they overpay you on accident

I never had no time for no IRS agent. Last time I spoke to one of those guys. I told them come over here and I have a dog and a shotgun with IRS written on the shells. No way no how those guys are going to get Jack from me. JACK

Rausch
07-30-2008, 10:43 AM
I never had no time for no IRS agent. Last time I spoke to one of those guys. I told them come over here and I have a dog and a shotgun with IRS written on the shells. No way no how those guys are going to get Jack from me. JACK

I cry.

I read this post and I cry for America...

J Diddy
07-30-2008, 10:47 AM
Well it doesn't matter now. I freaking told those jacks to back off. Now they are out of a customer. It's a tough deal all the way around but I felt I was in the right to have money when I want it without having to giving so much. It is funny because I talked to the manager and I asked him "HELL DO YOU NEED A BLOOD SAMPLE TOO?" haha lol he didn't have an answer to that. I just poked him in the chest and said listen here bub. Where I come from we DON'T TREAT PEOPLE like that we do business over a handshake and cornbread

well I'm sure he was probably more happy to get rid of you than lose his job

your lucky he didn't have you arrested for poking him in the chest

J Diddy
07-30-2008, 10:47 AM

ROFL

DaKCMan AP
07-30-2008, 10:51 AM

More like difference in intellect.

RJ
07-30-2008, 10:53 AM

ROFL

I love when demon does this shit. This is when he's really at his finest as a poster.

Demonpenz
07-30-2008, 10:59 AM
well I'm sure he was probably more happy to get rid of you than lose his job

your lucky he didn't have you arrested for poking him in the chest

See this is the crap I am talking about. I have this quote in my blazer that says "all that needs to happen for evil to win is for good men to do nothing" Some people need to hear that spoken by the late hank williams jr to fully get the meaning of it. boy america isn't what it used to be, it used to mean fighting out back the school over bragging rights, tying cats togther, catfish grabbin, now it has turned into one big Hippie, wussie, liberial cry fest, and we are swirling the toilet of shame. Now we got this Bama dude running for president, shit, glad pops wasn't around to see this

J Diddy
07-30-2008, 11:09 AM
See this is the crap I am talking about. I have this quote in my blazer that says "all that needs to happen for evil to win is for good men to do nothing" Some people need to hear that spoken by the late hank williams jr to fully get the meaning of it. boy america isn't what it used to be, it used to mean fighting out back the school over bragging rights, tying cats togther, catfish grabbin, now it has turned into one big Hippie, wussie, liberial cry fest, and we are swirling the toilet of shame. Now we got this Bama dude running for president, shit, glad pops wasn't around to see this

times are changing, these aren't the backwoods of arkansas anymore, we have a global economy with televisions, telephones, washing machines, and hell they even have heated bathtubs. Its time to adapt to the big city life and get you a refrigerator

Don't be too upset about ol bocephus, he's drinking a beer in them pearly gates with john goodman and your pa is bartending (see it works out, he got him a job finally)

Demonpenz
07-30-2008, 11:10 AM
Not me dude, I aint changing, this is how I live, this is how I breath, this is how I love, this is my beer. coors.

StcChief
07-30-2008, 11:23 AM
I am not here to argue all night, but like I said earlier difference of opinion, I don't want to get my law book out but I am sure that possession is 2/4ths of the lawJetrho you need to cypher
some more it's 1/2.

Mr. Plow
07-30-2008, 11:27 AM
ROFL

I love when demon does this shit. This is when he's really at his finest as a poster.

Yup. Just what I thought. :)

Demonpenz
07-30-2008, 11:27 AM
Jetrho you need to cypher
some more it's 1/2.

Like I read earlier in my post it may be different depending on the state. I have seen some 2/4ths and some 4/8ths. So it actually may depend on the county.

DaKCMan AP
07-30-2008, 11:29 AM
Not me dude, I aint changing, this is how I live, this is how I breath, this is how I love, this is my beer. coors.

Well, if you're proud/content with your mediocrity, then ok. I guess..

Pablo
07-30-2008, 11:31 AM
Well, if you're proud/content with your mediocrity, then ok. I guess..You better quit talking trash to penz or he might split your lip, sally.

That's one good ol' country boy that likes nothing better than to crack some heads, then crack open a cold one.

J Diddy
07-30-2008, 11:33 AM
You better quit talking trash to penz or he might split your lip, sally.

That's one good ol' country boy that likes nothing better than to crack some heads, then crack open a cold one.

heh, I've seen deliverance

they are defenseless against a bow and arrow

StcChief
07-30-2008, 11:33 AM
Like I read earlier in my post it may be different depending on the state. I have seen some 2/4ths and some 4/8ths. So it actually may depend on the county.

I think it was the 1/5th of JACK that got you corn-fused. better stick with watered down yard beer... Coors.

DaKCMan AP
07-30-2008, 11:34 AM
You better quit talking trash to penz or he might split your lip, sally.

I like talking trash to trash. :) Problem is, most "good ol' country boys" can't comprehend most of the insults.

Demonpenz
07-30-2008, 11:35 AM
Well, if you're proud/content with your mediocrity, then ok. I guess..

Yes I am proud of who I am, if you want to call it mediocre, my family came over here with nothing but dreams, and wussies have all but taken that away. I remember pops telling me how mom and him would dig basements when she was pregnant. Sure it was a tough living, but we made it through, now these sally's down in DC want to change all that, they say give us your dogs, give us your chain guns, give us this and that, no way dude, no way no how jack, I am proud to be american and I will be dead in the ground when you can tell me what I should and shouldn't be proud of, I tell you what jack, I will give you dollars to doughnuts to go down to your local pound. Look in those dogs eyes, look at them good and well, because thats where the united states is headed, Right to the pound, the pound of shame, the shame pound, then brother you can tell me with a straight face what I should be proud of, because in the end it's not what your house is, or who the magizenes at sack and save say's is hot, it's about the UNITED STATES, and these colors don't run brother... Not for you, or any of the buddies, so why don't you roll up that commie flag your wavin, smoke it with your shame pipe and leave the good boys of america alone.

Pablo
07-30-2008, 11:36 AM
heh, I've seen deliverance

they are defenseless against a bow and arrowBut they're mighty good at raping city folk...

RJ
07-30-2008, 11:40 AM
If there were more Americans like Demon this country wouldn't be going to hell in a big-assed handbasket. The boy brings a tear to my eye.

J Diddy
07-30-2008, 11:40 AM
Yes I am proud of who I am, if you want to call it mediocre, my family came over here with nothing but dreams, and wussies have all but taken that away. I remember pops telling me how mom and him would dig basements when she was pregnant. Sure it was a tough living, but we made it through, now these sally's down in DC want to change all that, they say give us your dogs, give us your chain guns, give us this and that, no way dude, no way no how jack, I am proud to be american and I will be dead in the ground when you can tell me what I should and shouldn't be proud of, I tell you what jack, I will give you dollars to doughnuts to go down to your local pound. Look in those dogs eyes, look at them good and well, because thats where the united states is headed, Right to the pound, the pound of shame, the shame pound, then brother you can tell me with a straight face what I should be proud of, because in the end it's not what your house is, or who the magizenes at sack and save say's is hot, it's about the UNITED STATES, and these colors don't run brother... Not for you, or any of the buddies, so why don't you roll up that commie flag your wavin, smoke it with your shame pipe and leave the good boys of america alone.

ROFL

the shame pound

J Diddy
07-30-2008, 11:41 AM
But they're mighty good at raping city folk...

this is why I carry a bow and arrow

Pablo
07-30-2008, 11:43 AM
this is why I carry a bow and arrowCity folks don't know how to shoot a bow and arrow...what do they have to shoot in city limits?

Stray dogs?

DaKCMan AP
07-30-2008, 11:45 AM

LMAO

I don't smoke, otherwise I'd be more like those "good ol' boys".

J Diddy
07-30-2008, 11:46 AM
City folks don't know how to shoot a bow and arrow...what do they have to shoot in city limits?

Stray dogs?

dude I live in Joplin, there are plenty of gay men wanting to rape me here

target practice isn't so much practice as it is a necessity

Pablo
07-30-2008, 11:49 AM
dude I live in Joplin, there are plenty of gay men wanting to rape me here

target practice isn't so much practice as it is a necessityIs Joplin the homosexual hotbed for Missouri?

Demonpenz
07-30-2008, 11:50 AM
That reminds me of a story, Me and old Jimmy were out one time in the Galaxy... Now this was before you really got in trouble for drinking and driving "Poor em out boys, sherrif Dawkins would say even though you could smell the left over whiskey on his moustache.... Anyway we were feeling the wild turkey bite and we went out drinking and shooting stuff. We came accros some squirls and we shot them no big deal. We had a quail pouches on which also double as beer or flask holders, now jimmy's (his real name isn't jimmy but he got that name for a exciteable moment in 3rd grade social study's) he wasn't shy about bragging about the squirls we got. Back then mcdonalds was alot nicer, it wasn't the liberal whine fest it is now, there were no commie slides, no shame salads, no liberal milkshakes, anyway We walk into Mcdonalds cocked on some blackgberry brandy,

may I take your order the lady says?

I will be dammed if jimmy didn't slap that squirrel down and say, yeah can you cook it up!

I jeez we were hooping and hollaring so much I thought they were going to call the law on us.

I will be a Damn 3 legged dog if Ole Dawkins and his mustache wasn't right behind us.
"go on home boys, you have had your fun" he said

We must have laid 3 miles of burned firestone rubber on the pavement that day. I got so carried away I dropped my squirl and the damn thing hit the ground and spin like a damned tumble weed. that was before people could steal your money for no good reason like the guy in this story

RJ
07-30-2008, 11:56 AM
ROFL

Good times, huh?

DeezNutz
07-30-2008, 11:56 AM
(his real name isn't jimmy but he got that name for a exciteable moment in 3rd grade social study's)

LMAO

Demonpenz
07-30-2008, 12:04 PM
This other time Jimmy and my other buddy Snugga went to an Aerosmith concert, now this was before they went all liberal pansy singing with those brothers in that Rap group. I THINK RAP FORGOT THE C INFRONT OF IT. IT SHOULD BE CRAP. ANYWAY. This was before ticketmaster so we changed the 6 to a 7 with a Sherlock Holmes magic pen I stole from my brother sammy. We were going to see both concerts because back then the lighting was all dark and everyone was high so they couldn't see we changed the numbers. Anyway we were outback in My Vega which at the time just got out. We got so soooo f'd up I walked up to this man who was taking the tickets and was like "THIS SHOW IS COCK... I WILL BE COMING BACK TOMORROW!" LATER ON After we picked up some brewskies and my bread album we were hanging in the garage talked to people on channel 11 about the concert. I told this dude about the concert... His handle was KansasStyxtramp.... about what we had done. Well turns out it was ole hawkins the sherriff. He told us too knock off the racket and we better not try to get into the concert tomorrow. We were so ready to stick it to hawkins and his mustache and all the commies. We would call cars not made in america Shamecars. Anyways we got really high and we never made the concert, but that day was the day the music lasted forever.

J Diddy
07-30-2008, 12:07 PM
Is Joplin the homosexual hotbed for Missouri?

http://eefy.editme.com/JoplinMO

i don't know how reliable this info is, it was the first website I saw that confirmed the rumors

Pablo
07-30-2008, 12:25 PM
http://eefy.editme.com/JoplinMO

i don't know how reliable this info is, it was the first website I saw that confirmed the rumorshrrrmmm....now I see why the location under your avatar say "over the rainbow".

That's thuper!

POND_OF_RED
07-30-2008, 12:42 PM
So I just got home from some heavy negotiating. Luckily my area manager was the only one at the office and not the district manager. My area manager smokes with me often so he understood my predicament and worked out that I only have to pay back $60 through two paychecks. All is well in the world. PBJPBJPBJ

J Diddy
07-30-2008, 12:44 PM
hrrrmmm....now I see why the location under your avatar say "over the rainbow".

That's thuper!

in high school we called it
jo, mo home of the homo

course i didn't live in joplin then

Fire Me Boy!
07-30-2008, 01:08 PM
agree to disagree I guess. In my mind if they made an error than it is your money. The same way if I give someone too much money than that it is on me not the person taking the money

You can disagree all you want. If someone gives me too much money, I tell them. Less than a week ago the carhop at Sonic gave me $1 too much. It would have been very easy for me to say, "It's only a buck. It's mine," but I didn't. I knew it was a mistake, and I knew it wasn't mine. I called over the little intercom and told them they gave me too much change. I'd have done that if it was 20 cents, same as if it was $20 million. Stealing's stealing, no matter how you define it. Someone who claims to have this good ol' boy thing down should know that while the mistake might be on you, you ought to be able to trust someone to do what's right. Personally, I try to do what's right in the hopes someone else will too.

Demonpenz
07-30-2008, 01:11 PM
You can disagree all you want. If someone gives me too much money, I tell them. Less than a week ago the carhop at Sonic gave me $1 too much. It would have been very easy for me to say, "It's only a buck. It's mine," but I didn't. I knew it was a mistake, and I knew it wasn't mine. I called over the little intercom and told them they gave me too much change. I'd have done that if it was 20 cents, same as if it was $20 million. Stealing's stealing, no matter how you define it. Someone who claims to have this good ol' boy thing down should know that while the mistake might be on you, you ought to be able to trust someone to do what's right. Personally, I try to do what's right in the hopes someone else will too.

If a lady gave me too much money I would take it, maybe she would get caught and get fired so she learns next time. You are doing a diservice to the lady (because she now doesn't know she needs to get her shit straight,) and a diservice to Sonic because they can't count for shit.

J Diddy
07-30-2008, 01:14 PM
If a lady gave me too much money I would take it, maybe she would get caught and get fired so she learns next time. You are doing a diservice to the lady (because she now doesn't know she needs to get her shit straight,) and a diservice to Sonic because they can't count for shit.

i hope you are joking

Demonpenz
07-30-2008, 01:19 PM
I guess that is wrong with the USA today, no one is willing to go the extra mile to do what it takes to help business' I was putting ketchup on my steak one day in applebee's and this snotty young lady failed to bring me another beer, she said she can only carry two beers at a time or some shit. Well she walked her to her boss and mumbled to her boss something stupid I am sure like "I'm a dumb commie I bring shame on this all american eatery" So the boss comes over looking like a fool and was like I am sorry but we only allow one beer per person at a time. Then he said "it is obvouious you probably were drinking before you got her" NOW WAIT A DAMN MINUTE! I told him as I grabbed his name tag. HEY GREG..... GREG that sounds like a commie name. LET ME SHOW YOU MY ID you see THAT. That's MY NRA CARD AND IT'S GOT MY BIRTHDATE ON IT... GOT THAT JACK! NOW YOU WILL GIVE ME A BEER OR I WILL CALL CORPORATE on you and tell them what kind of liberal place you got here. Well Greg and Commie Mcgee talked it over and decided to call the Law. Now I Didn't want no trouble that day but I decided that I have had enough. So I waited in S-10 for the law to show up so I could tell the cop that this person is RED a card carrying commie. Who shows up? Sheriff Hawkins. He tells me to go on my way, wouldn't even give me a to go cup for my brew. Now I now Hawkins was doing his job. His job of shame but some things just aint right

Rain Man
07-30-2008, 01:20 PM

You'd think with $20 million, the cashier would stop and say, "Hey, why am I carrying all of these suitcases ot $20 bills to the car?" but if the register told them to, I'll bet some of them would do it.

RJ
07-30-2008, 04:29 PM
I guess that is wrong with the USA today, no one is willing to go the extra mile to do what it takes to help business' I was putting ketchup on my steak one day in applebee's and this snotty young lady failed to bring me another beer, she said she can only carry two beers at a time or some shit. Well she walked her to her boss and mumbled to her boss something stupid I am sure like "I'm a dumb commie I bring shame on this all american eatery" So the boss comes over looking like a fool and was like I am sorry but we only allow one beer per person at a time. Then he said "it is obvouious you probably were drinking before you got her" NOW WAIT A DAMN MINUTE! I told him as I grabbed his name tag. HEY GREG..... GREG that sounds like a commie name. LET ME SHOW YOU MY ID you see THAT. That's MY NRA CARD AND IT'S GOT MY BIRTHDATE ON IT... GOT THAT JACK! NOW YOU WILL GIVE ME A BEER OR I WILL CALL CORPORATE on you and tell them what kind of liberal place you got here. Well Greg and Commie Mcgee talked it over and decided to call the Law. Now I Didn't want no trouble that day but I decided that I have had enough. So I waited in S-10 for the law to show up so I could tell the cop that this person is RED a card carrying commie. Who shows up? Sheriff Hawkins. He tells me to go on my way, wouldn't even give me a to go cup for my brew. Now I now Hawkins was doing his job. His job of shame but some things just aint right

I notice you're always driving a different vehicle. That's a good idea, makes it harder for Sheriff Dawkins to recognize you. I've grown sorta fond of ol' Sheriff Dawkins. Despite his job of shame he sounds like a fair man with a good heart.

38yrsfan
07-30-2008, 04:39 PM

i got it good

Same thing happened to me ... told em and they said keep it ($200+).

Honesty is a much better policy and you sleep better.

J Diddy
07-30-2008, 04:43 PM
Same thing happened to me ... told em and they said keep it ($200+).

Honesty is a much better policy and you sleep better.

Yes it is, plus I respect the guy who does stuff like this for me all the time. Chiefs tickets, all expense paid trips to vegas, all expense paid family trips to disney world, insanely crazy christmas parties. Just good times.

I couldn't sleep thinking I tried to rip him off.