PDA

View Full Version : Football My Last Day as a New England Patriot

Hammock Parties
07-30-2008, 05:24 PM
http://pregame.com/forums/blogs/tommy-rider/archive/2008/07/29/my-last-day-as-a-new-england-patriot.aspx?gn=376875

Awesome.

Today I walked out of Gillette Stadium for the final time. While I had a great time working for the Patriots and did things I will remember forever, I'm also extremely excited about the opportunity I have with Pregame. I honestly believe with the people RJ has assembled, the sky is the limit for this company in the coming years. I'm honored to be a part of the Pregame team and foaming at the mouth to finally get at it in a couple of weeks.

Now that my time with the Patriots is over, I'm sure some of you would be interested in info from a guy who worked on the inside of an NFL Dynasty. Before I give out that info, I want to make it clear that nobody in that organization did wrong by me. Bill Belichick never yelled at me and the players were more than accommodating 99 percent of the time. I have no axes to grind with anyone. The things I write below are simply the truth from information I've obtained and observations I've made over the years.

--Tedy Bruschi is much more popular with the fans than he is with his teammates. He isn't the team leader people think he is. Actually, Bruschi rarely talks to any of his teammates. He and Mike Vrabel used to be close but they rarely interact anymore either. Bruschi is just an unlikable person in general and I think his teammates know what's what and get sick of his act. He created an image that he presents to the public but his teammates know better. The real leaders of the Patriots are Tom Brady, Matt Light, Richard Seymour and the top guy, Rodney Harrison. Harrison is actually one of the nicest guys you would ever want to meet off the field, which is a total contrast to his sometimes dirty play on it.

--Corey Dillon is about the most miserable piece of shit you would ever want to encounter. You should see the looks and gestures he would give fans when we went on the road. Sometimes an athlete's reputation is blown up by the media but that wasn't the case with Dillon. There is no doubt in my mind that he will end up in jail at some point. You don't have to be a good guy to be a star in the NFL and no one is a better example of that than Dillon.

--Randy Moss is the best player I've ever seen with my own eyes. The guy is a freak and it was an honor to watch him close up the past two years. I don't know what Moss was like in Minnesota and Oakland because I didn't cover him then. However, he's been nothing but a class act since coming to the Patriots. He's actually one of the nicest guys I've come across. He's extremely popular in the locker room and even jokes around and bullshits with practice squad players. Moss was nothing like I thought he would be when he came to New England.

--Hold on for this one: I heard from someone who is close to the case that there is a sex tape of Bill Belichick banging the married woman he had an affair with. I shit you not. The husband who is suing that woman for being unfaithful to him has a tape of his wife and Belichick screwing while the two of them were still married. Belichick is a very powerful man so I imagine he's doing everything in his power to squash this from getting out but it could only be a matter of time. A part of me doesn't want to see it but another part of me can't help but be intrigued.
--Belichick is the best, most well prepared coach on the planet. If you are a Patriots fan, you should love him regardless. However, he's a miserable person. I wish I could say otherwise but I can't. I've seen him on the road, I've flown on planes with him, I've stayed in the same hotels with him and I've seen him interact with others on numerous occasions. He's just miserable. There's no other way to put it. I don't even think most of his players like him, they just put up with him and do everything he says because he's such a great coach and they respect him. The guy may not be a great human being but there is no one else I would want coaching my football team. It doesn't surprise me that Jimmy Johnson and Belichick are close friends. I always trusted Johnson because I knew he would probably kill his mother to win a football game. Belichick is the same way, which makes him a great coach.
--Most of the players and coaches I've met in New England are great. Like any team, there are exceptions. A list of assholes would be Bruschi, Dillon, Willie McGinest, Pierre Woods, Mike Vrabel, Dan Koppen and Stephen Gostkowski. Yes, the kicker. Bruschi is by far the biggest and that seems to be a universal opinion. Sorry but it's true.

The list of good guys is much longer but my personal favorites were Harrison, Moss, Light, Jarvis Green, Deion Branch, David Givens, Ty Warren, Troy Brown, Vince Wilfork, Larry Izzo, Kelley Washington, Donte' Stallworth (A really funny bastard), Jabar Gaffney, Wes Welker and Rosevelt Colvin. I'm sure I left a few guys off that slipped my mind but the above players were always a class act during my time in New England.

That's the straight dope from my years with the Pats. I know some Patriots fans may not like what I had to say, especially about Bruschi and Belichick. But I swear on my life that everything I wrote is the truth and I didn't make anything up to degrade a particular person. As I stated before, no player or coach ever disrespected me in any way. I would have no reason to say things that are untrue. I don't benefit from that in any way. As Bill Belichick would say, "It is what it is." I just call 'em like I see 'em.

I hope you enjoyed a peak inside of one of the greatest NFL teams to ever take the field. I had one hell of a ride and I will never forget my time with the Patriots.

FAX
07-30-2008, 05:28 PM
ROFL

FAX

Hammock Parties
07-30-2008, 05:30 PM
Bob Gretz will one day write something like this. I hope.

FAX
07-30-2008, 05:33 PM
rlolorolooo

That would be great, Mr. GoChiefs. I think we all know what he'd say, though.

FAX

JuicesFlowing
07-30-2008, 05:36 PM
Interesting insight I suppose. I wonder which Chiefs player is the biggest dickhead?

BucEyedPea
07-30-2008, 05:38 PM
Ahem! No one in NE likes that guy. He's generally thought of as a tard.

Tribal Warfare
07-30-2008, 05:50 PM
If you read through the reader's comments, he essentially accuses Bruschi of taking steroids in his later posts

FAX
07-30-2008, 05:54 PM
If you read through the reader's comments, he essentially accuses Bruschi of taking steroids in his later posts

Hmmm. Forgive my ignorance, if possible Mr. Tribal Warfare, but didn't Bruschi have a serious heart condition?

FAX

L.A. Chieffan
07-30-2008, 05:56 PM
Corey Dillon?!? Who woulda thunk it?

DaKCMan AP
07-30-2008, 06:01 PM
Hmmm. Forgive my ignorance, if possible Mr. Tribal Warfare, but didn't Bruschi have a serious heart condition?

FAX

He had a mild stroke.

Rain Man
07-30-2008, 06:05 PM
That writer seems to be relatively unpopular.

DaKCMan AP
07-30-2008, 06:34 PM
It's not too late to move this to another site if you guys want to. I still like myfantasyleague, but it would require a $7 or $8 contribution from everyone.

ummm.. wrong thread?

FAX
07-30-2008, 06:44 PM
It's not too late to move this to another site if you guys want to. I still like myfantasyleague, but it would require a $7 or $8 contribution from everyone.

Okay. It's worth it to me.

FAX

Rain Man
07-30-2008, 06:50 PM
Yeah, where do I send my check? And what are we doing?

FAX
07-30-2008, 06:54 PM
Yeah, where do I send my check? And what are we doing?

We are moving Mr. Bill Lundberg to another site.

FAX

DaKCMan AP
07-30-2008, 06:56 PM
We are moving Mr. Bill Lundberg to another site.

FAX

ROFL

BigRock
07-30-2008, 07:19 PM
Hold on for this one: I heard from someone who is close to the case that there is a sex tape of Bill Belichick banging the married woman he had an affair with.

I wonder if he's wearing the hoodie.

Tribal Warfare
07-30-2008, 07:20 PM
This is, indeed, Tom Casale. I worked with him for 2 years and he was universally disliked around the office. We all wondered from the very start what Fred saw in him and why he was given such a long rope after his indiscretions online. The patsfans ordeal was surreal. He used multiple aliases to, among other things, denigrate his colleagues that he worked closest with.

It's fine. I don't think anyone cares what he says now. We are all just happy he's not in the office anymore spreading his toxic energy. I mean, hell, if the best revenge is living well I think Tom has a long way to go. He was a bad hire that we stuck with for too long and now he's gone.

The other piece of delicious irony here is that he's being paid to make NFL picks for people to base wagers on. Anyone who listened and read his work while with the PFW team knows that is not a good idea. One of his main gimmicks was talking about why he stopped gambling professionally. He'd say it all the time. That's not the ace i want up my sleeve when trying to outsmart the oddmakers. He's a fantasy football writer playing pretend. Just keep that in mind when you read his "analysis" from his stained couch while his poor wife sobs alone in the kitchen.

Btw, I have alot more bullets in the gun. I haven't even mentioned the events surrounding his dismissal. It's very embarrassing. You can probably imagine when you consider how much they put up with him prior to firing him.

I love the irony of the post assigning Tom's opinions of who is "classy". That's great. I am just curious about how the stuff he is writing adheres to the employment agreement that he signed. It's a contract, after all. Signing it and then violating the contents of it is all class.

Btw, he has done steroid himself. Alot. He has the short mans burden and the muscles make him feel better about himself.

then the guy got PWNED

Mojo Rising
07-30-2008, 10:58 PM
"Harrison is actually one of the nicest guys you would ever want to meet off the field, which is a total contrast to his sometimes dirty play on it.

This is true. I met him and his brother on the beach at the Pro Bowl in '02 before Marty took over the Chargers. Both were very nice. He was receptive to my discussion on how Marty was. Maybe I soiled him on Marty?

I know this won't be very popular on this site.

This was just after TG told me he hated the Chiefs (disclaimer, it was after I asked him for an autograph and he was in a franchise showdown with the king. still, you don't tell your fans that you hate your team.)

KCrockaholic
07-30-2008, 11:39 PM
I wonder if he's wearing the hoodie.

ROFL

I already like this sports writer guy...hey 30 years from now when im done writing for a team, ill give everyone an insight on whos the A-hole...haha j/k

Pablo
07-30-2008, 11:41 PM
I know this won't be very popular on this site.

This was just after TG told me he hated the Chiefs (disclaimer, it was after I asked him for an autograph and he was in a franchise showdown with the king. still, you don't tell your fans that you hate your team.)You shut your mouth, talking about Tony like that...

The guy saves lives. He's a f*cking hero and he loves the organization and his fanbase. Tony would probably give every ailing Chiefs fan one of his kidneys, provided he had like an extra 3,000 or so instead of two.

That's just who he is. Gonzo bleeds red and yellow. He bleeds it.

POND_OF_RED
07-31-2008, 12:14 AM
You shut your mouth, talking about Tony like that...

The guy saves lives. He's a f*cking hero and he loves the organization and his fanbase. Tony would probably give every ailing Chiefs fan one of his kidneys, provided he had like an extra 3,000 or so instead of two.

That's just who he is. Gonzo bleeds red and yellow. He bleeds it.

Don't forget that he supports the United Way by preparing meals at a local community center.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BeeRMVYp7nI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BeeRMVYp7nI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

KCrockaholic
07-31-2008, 12:18 AM
Don't forget that he supports the United Way by preparing meals at a local community center.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BeeRMVYp7nI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BeeRMVYp7nI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

haha, I miss that commercial. It was awesome.

Pablo
07-31-2008, 12:21 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BeeRMVYp7nI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BeeRMVYp7nI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>No sh*t.

Tony's such a tall, good looking mexican guy he could have been a Corona model or some sh*t. But was he selfish, no. He could have been a movie star or something, what with his charisma and work ethic. Did he go that route, most definitely not. He decided to share his football skills with all of Chiefs nation and bring joy to millions of folks week in, week out; and somebody wants to sh*t on him? Not on my watch.

I'm sure he's too busy reading bible passages to children with cancer to waste his time browsing through CP, but Thanks for being such a damn stand up guy Tony.

Mojo Rising
07-31-2008, 12:30 AM
He walked by. I had a Chiefs hat on, as did my wife. I sent her (she's a blonde..better chances) to ask him to sign the football and he walked away. I then asked and he turned away...I said...come on Tony, I am a big Chiefs fan.

He turned to me and said, "I hate the Chiefs."

Harrison and his brother were cool.

I later found out that the spot we were hanging out was 5 feet from where all of the professional ladies were.

That might explain why there were so many Pro Bowlers near. The girls were not from Hawaii. Might be part of the travellers that follow all of the big sporting events and conventions.

Pablo
07-31-2008, 12:40 AM
BLASPHEMY!!!

POND_OF_RED
07-31-2008, 12:44 AM
He walked by. I had a Chiefs hat on, as did my wife. I sent her (she's a blonde..better chances) to ask him to sign the football and he walked away. I then asked and he turned away...I said...come on Tony, I am a big Chiefs fan.

He turned to me and said, "I hate the Chiefs."

Harrison and his brother were cool.

I later found out that the spot we were hanging out was 5 feet from where all of the professional ladies were.

That might explain why there were so many Pro Bowlers near. The girls were not from Hawaii. Might be part of the travellers that follow all of the big sporting events and conventions.

Stop this nonsense. He rejected the autograph because he could see through your lies. You aren't a "big Chiefs fan" if you talk to Rodney Harrison and his brother. :D

Pablo
07-31-2008, 12:52 AM
Stop this nonsense. He rejected the autograph because he could see through your lies. You aren't a "big Chiefs fan" if you talk to Rodney Harrison and his brother. :DExactly. For all Tony knew Harrison probably paid you off to go all Tonya Harding on his knee and totally screw up his market value. Tony saw right through you, fella.

Don't try to drag his name through the mud.

DaKCMan AP
07-31-2008, 06:34 AM
All I hear about is how Tony doesn't sign autographs. Who cares.

Disclaimer: I have multiple personalized TonyG autographed pics and his book autographed. Of course, I've never met him in person nor have I had to ask him for an autograph, but have a personal friend who knows Tony well. :D That being said, I haven't asked for autographs since I was a kid. Don't really mean much and would rather just talk/BS with whoever and maybe get a picture with him/her.

InChiefsHeaven
07-31-2008, 06:47 AM
He's a fantasy football writer playing pretend. Just keep that in mind when you read his "analysis" from his stained couch while his poor wife sobs alone in the kitchen.

Wow. That is some grade-A quality smack...that's more nasty than picking on the guys momma...