88TG88
07-30-2008, 06:41 PM
lol

Mama Hip Rockets
07-30-2008, 06:41 PM
i hate that guy.

1ChiefsDan
07-30-2008, 06:43 PM
He always tries to come off as a good guy here with the local media - I have always thought he was an ass

SAUTO
07-30-2008, 06:43 PM
dont be too happy, with him and herm's relationship(godfather) hope hes not the next chief:grr:

RJ
07-30-2008, 06:46 PM
i hate that guy.

Ditto that. Don't know why but he's always annoyed me.

DaKCMan AP
07-30-2008, 06:49 PM
dont be too happy, with him and herm's relationship(godfather) hope hes not the next chief:grr:

go wash your mouth out!

Hammock Parties
Eat shit, you little whiny bitch.

Rain Man
In tomorrow's practice, I bet the other players all make late helmet-to-helmet hits to honor him.

1ChiefsDan
07-30-2008, 06:50 PM
Local news said he was hoping to get on with the Chargers - his hometown. If true we still have to see the asshat 2x a year.:cuss:

SAUTO
07-30-2008, 06:51 PM
i would be PISSED to see him dont know if i could actually cheer for the guy even if he was a chief

Hammock Parties
STAY DOWN

BITCH

SAUTO
[QUOTE=denverdanchiefsfan;4880311]Local news said he was hoping to get on with the Chargers - his hometown.

good then as long as its not us

FAX
Chin straps throughout the world just took a breath of relief.

FAX

blueballs
07-30-2008, 06:52 PM
yes but his wife is still hot /john lynch

'Hamas' Jenkins
07-30-2008, 06:55 PM
Too bad he didn't end up with an injury given all of the cheap shots and careers he's threatened through his own dirty play. It might have taught him a lesson.

Hammock Parties
07-30-2008, 06:58 PM
Seriously.

JOHN

LYNCH

blueballs
07-30-2008, 06:59 PM
I wanted to see LJ break his arm
after him grabing LJ in the pile

Mecca
07-30-2008, 07:06 PM
This is just funny seeing how much Herm loves him, if he could I bet Herm would love to have him take McGraw's spot yes he loves him too but he loves Lynch more...

Lynch was a great place once, he's just hung on to long.

BigRock
07-30-2008, 07:28 PM
If Lynch isn't in River Falls tomorrow, coaching Pollard and Page and Morgan on how to cheapshot a MF'er, I'm going to be sad.

DaFace
07-30-2008, 07:30 PM
Wow...I figured he'd at least be around as a backup for a couple more years. I didn't think they'd just outright release him. :hmmm:

chiefs1111
07-30-2008, 07:32 PM
Im sure the Faiders will try and sign him....

StcChief
07-30-2008, 07:41 PM
Im sure the Faiders will try and sign him....I figured old Al Davis is drooling now to get him

chiefs1111
07-30-2008, 07:44 PM
I figured old Al Davis is drooling now to get him

It would be kinda of funny if they did sign him and then cut Greg Wesley.....

Cards Fan 4 Chiefs
07-30-2008, 07:46 PM
Only thing worse than Lynch in red is this!!!

http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/9360/elwayco2.th.jpg (http://img523.imageshack.us/my.php?image=elwayco2.jpg)

1ChiefsDan
07-30-2008, 07:46 PM
It would be kinda of funny if they did sign him and then cut Greg Wesley.....
ROFL

RealSNR
07-30-2008, 08:09 PM

http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/9360/elwayco2.th.jpg (http://img523.imageshack.us/my.php?image=elwayco2.jpg)
Nope. Bill Romanowski trumps them all.

the Talking Can
07-30-2008, 08:10 PM
In tomorrow's practice, I bet the other players all make late helmet-to-helmet hits to honor him.

:clap:

Mama Hip Rockets
07-30-2008, 08:10 PM

uh, i would much rather have john elway than john lynch.

Cards Fan 4 Chiefs
07-30-2008, 08:25 PM
uh, i would much rather have john elway than john lynch.

I was talking about Jack Elway shithead.

Go smoke Joakim Whoria's pole.

GO CARDS!!!

RealSNR
07-30-2008, 08:26 PM
I was talking about Jack Elway shithead.

Go smoke Joakim Whoria's pole.

GO CARDS!!!You're cute

FAX
07-30-2008, 08:31 PM
I don't know what to think about Mr. Cards Fan 4 Chiefs.

So, I'll think about Japanese massage techniques instead. I've never experienced a Japanese massage performed by one of those petite, little Japanese girls with great balance who walk on your back with their bare feet. With my luck, I'd pull a stomper. Still, I think I'd like to try it someday.

FAX

Ultra Peanut
07-30-2008, 08:33 PM
Welcome to KC, John.

whatsmynameagain
07-30-2008, 08:44 PM
I liked Lynch when he played for the Bucs. Especially during the super bowl vs the fade when they showed him on the sideline and he said something to the tune of, "Every play they are running, we ran in practice!" He was all giddy and I was too because of $$$ I had on the game. I actually predicted the Bucs to take it all that year.
That being said, **** lynch, **** dungy, and **** Warren Sapp.

Nightfyre
07-30-2008, 08:52 PM
not to be a contrarian, but I for one hope Edwards brings him in to teach the young guys. I have always liked Lynch's playstyle, however. I know a lot of chiefs fans didn't like the hit he put on dante hall. I thought it was a clean hit. I mean, it was vicious, flagged and fined, but dante touched the ball before Lynch hit him. And frankly, that is what safeties are supposed to do. I want to see our safeties laying hits like that. And who better to mentor them?

Mr. Flopnuts
07-30-2008, 09:02 PM
Im sure the Faiders will try and sign him....

As long as he'll play for $500, and a bag of Doritos then Oakland could sign him.

SBK
07-30-2008, 09:08 PM
As long as he'll play for $500, and a bag of Doritos then Oakland could sign him.

Nah, that's what the rest of the league would offer. Oakland would offer 4 years $30,000,000.

Nightfyre
07-30-2008, 09:13 PM
Nah, that's what the rest of the league would offer. Oakland would offer 4 years $30,000,000.

all backloaded, no less.

Rain Man
07-30-2008, 09:22 PM
I figured old Al Davis is drooling now to get him

You're half right at the very least.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-30-2008, 09:47 PM

They just don't have the cap room to sign a donkey right now, let alone John Lynch. Wait.?.?.?.?...oh yeah, backloaded or not. They literally have like 500k right now.

Reerun_KC
07-30-2008, 09:51 PM
I saw this thread and wanted to be the first to say the mandatory Chiefsplanet when someone is cut "lets bring him in for a look" Bullshit...

I saw some others talk about it, but first in!

RustShack
07-30-2008, 10:02 PM
Bring him in! cut McGraw. Page and Morgan at FS, Pollard and Lynch at SS... ohh yeah(kool-aid man voice)

Reerun_KC
07-30-2008, 10:04 PM
Bring him in! cut McGraw. Page and Morgan at FS, Pollard and Lynch at SS... ohh yeah(kool-aid man voice)
McGraw has naked pic's of Herms wife... NO other reason he should be on the team....

Jewish Rabbi
07-30-2008, 10:17 PM
I don't know what to think about Mr. Cards Fan 4 Chiefs.

So, I'll think about Japanese massage techniques instead. I've never experienced a Japanese massage performed by one of those petite, little Japanese girls with great balance who walk on your back with their bare feet. With my luck, I'd pull a stomper. Still, I think I'd like to try it someday.

FAX
He's an embarASSment to all Cardinals fans.

chiefs1111
07-30-2008, 10:39 PM
They just don't have the cap room to sign a donkey right now, let alone John Lynch. Wait.?.?.?.?...oh yeah, backloaded or not. They literally have like 500k right now.

Trust me,Al would find a way.........

KCrockaholic
07-30-2008, 11:29 PM
theres nothing wrong with john lynch...do half you guys even know why you hate him? according to NFL network.. John Lynch quit the Broncos reportedly saying "im done with the broncos" ...Lynch was awesome in Tampa was was still good in Denver other than his last 2 years. But really, Lynch isnt a bad guy..show me proof proving me wrong.

Pablo
07-30-2008, 11:35 PM
But really, Lynch isnt a bad guy..show me proof proving me wrong.Uh...he played for the Donkey's. Do you need any more proof than that?

I'm surprised he didn't pick up a drug habit and arrest record out there in Denver.

KCrockaholic
07-30-2008, 11:43 PM
Uh...he played for the Donkey's. Do you need any more proof than that?

I'm surprised he didn't pick up a drug habit and arrest record out there in Denver.

im sure we've had just as many criminals as Denver has...im not backing them up, but im just trying to stay honest.

Even though Marcus Allen played for the Raiders doesnt mean he's a loser..Lynch is actually one of the more respectable players Denver has had in the last few years..and Thats with putting up with Shanahan!!! trust me...NOBODY that plays for Denver likes Shanahan.

Nightfyre
07-31-2008, 12:39 AM
im sure we've had just as many criminals as Denver has...im not backing them up, but im just trying to stay honest.

Even though Marcus Allen played for the Raiders doesnt mean he's a loser..Lynch is actually one of the more respectable players Denver has had in the last few years..and Thats with putting up with Shanahan!!! trust me...NOBODY that plays for Denver likes Shanahan.

qft.

POND_OF_RED
07-31-2008, 12:50 AM
I was really hoping the sentence would have ended with "several times by a machete" at the end of the thread title.

Pablo
07-31-2008, 12:54 AM
I was really hoping the sentence would have ended with "several times by a machete" at the end of the thread title.Nice.

Raiderhater58
07-31-2008, 01:02 AM
whats does QFT mean?

oh, and **** Lynch!!!!11!!

JuicesFlowing
07-31-2008, 01:25 AM
37 years old. He's not coming to KC.

PhillyChiefFan
07-31-2008, 05:31 AM

With our "get young or die trying" attitiude this year, I doubt that is a possibility, fortunately. He is a hard hitter and a good player though, I wouldn't want to catch a pass over the middle with him lurking behind me.

chief52
07-31-2008, 06:27 AM
I guess I am surely in the minority, but I have a lot of respect for Lynch. I think he played the game the way it is meant to be played. Be it preparation or on the field during game day, he gave it everything he had. He played with heart. I bet he would make an awesome defensive coach.

unlurking
07-31-2008, 06:47 AM
whats does QFT mean?

oh, and **** Lynch!!!!11!!
quoted for truth
quite f*cking true
etc.
etc.

Rausch
07-31-2008, 07:31 AM
I guess I am surely in the minority, but I have a lot of respect for Lynch. I think he played the game the way it is meant to be played. Be it preparation or on the field during game day, he gave it everything he had. He played with heart. I bet he would make an awesome defensive coach.

He'd be great camp competiton, depth, and a coach amongst the players.

His play was the prototype for a Cover 2 safety...

vailpass
07-31-2008, 08:10 AM
John Lynch is old school like an old fool. He plays the game at full speed and never asks for mercy. Solid citizen off the field. This hurts Denver in the veteran leadership area.
I'd like him no matter who he played for.

vailpass
07-31-2008, 08:14 AM
IN case you care to know the real story (Lynch wasn't cut)....

Lynch, Broncos separate
The veteran safety is looking for work after asking for his release and leaving camp.
By Mike Klis
The Denver Post
Article Launched: 07/31/2008 12:30:00 AM MDT

John Lynch's four-year run with the Broncos has come to an end, with the safety asking for his release. He helped the Bucs win the Super Bowl in the 2002 season. (Denver Post file photo )John Lynch and the Broncos weren't getting along in early March.

After temporarily reconciling their differences, the team and veteran safety realized they weren't right for each in late July, either.

The result is the Broncos have lost another team leader from their defense.

After 15 NFL seasons and nine Pro Bowl selections, Lynch left the team's training camp Tuesday after asking for his release in hopes of playing elsewhere. Broncos coach Mike Shanahan allowed Lynch the chance to explore other options, including retirement.

"I enjoyed playing with him. I learned a lot from him," Broncos cornerback Domonique Foxworth said. "It's sad to see him go."

After the Broncos' workout on Wednesday, Shanahan said only that Lynch
"was excused for personal reasons." Many players were then excused after the morning workout to join Lynch at a local establishment for a send-off.
Lynch will meet with the media today at Dove Valley.

Lynch is the third vocal leader the Broncos have lost in the past year. The team released middle linebacker Al Wilson because of health concerns before last season, and wide receiver Rod Smith retired last week.

The Broncos now have just three defensive starters from their 2005 AFC championship game — Foxworth, cornerback Champ Bailey and outside linebacker D.J. Williams.

"We've lost a lot, but that's life in the NFL," Foxworth said.

Although Shanahan gave Lynch the option of staying with the Broncos and competing for the starting position he held the past four years, the coach will grant the safety's wish and release him today.

At this point, it would be a surprise if Lynch found another place to play. He turns 37 on Sept. 25, and most teams already have set their secondary.

Lynch first considered retirement after the 2007 season, his fourth with the Broncos. He then decided to play one more year, but nearly left for free agency after the Broncos offered a 33 percent pay cut from $3 million in 2008

Denver Broncos safety John Lynch jokes with reporters as players head back to the locker room after taking part in morning session of the opening day of training camp at the team's headquarters in southeast Denver on Friday, July 25, 2008. The Broncos' camp runs through mid-August. (David Zalubowski, The Associated Press)to $2 million.
But personal talks with owner Pat Bowlen and Shanahan, and a desire not to uproot his wife and four children from the Denver area, convinced Lynch to return. He re-signed with the Broncos on March 1.

One week later, the Broncos signed free-agent safeties Marlon McCree, who started the past two years with rival San Diego, and Marquand Manuel, who started 29 games in three previous seasons with Seattle, Green Bay and Carolina.

Clearly, Lynch wasn't going to be handed his starting position without competing for it. The other safety spot belonged to Hamza Abdullah, a fourth-year player whom Lynch often provided veteran counsel in three previous seasons.

"John is my mentor," Abdullah said this week. "Of course he's the best safety I've ever played with, but he's also going down as one of the best safeties in league history. When I came off the field, he's always the first one to talk to me. 'Hamza, you did this right, you did this wrong.' He grades me hard. His standards for me are almost as high as I put on myself. For a guy to invest that much in me, I love that about John."

Mentoring, however, carries only so much satisfaction for Lynch. Just how much his playing time was going to be cut, however, didn't become evident until training camp. Lynch had been playing with the No. 1 base defense, but he was replaced by McCree in nickel situations.

Given the passing nature of the NFL, defenses generally employ their nickel packages for half the snaps. During the team's morning workout Tuesday, the Broncos sprinkled in McCree for a couple of reps on the first-team base defense.

It appears the Broncos want Abdullah to fill Lynch's role as the eighth man in the eight-man box and allow McCree to play as the deep safety.

Lynch was drafted by Tampa Bay in 1993. He played 11 seasons for the Buccaneers, helping them win the Super Bowl in the 2002 season. He signed with the Broncos before the 2004 season and was selected to the Pro Bowl each of his four years in Denver.

Chief Faithful
07-31-2008, 08:41 AM
quitter

STFU

boogblaster
07-31-2008, 09:30 AM
Old-school .. Good player ... He's done tho ....

Valiant
07-31-2008, 09:35 AM
IN case you care to know the real story (Lynch wasn't cut)....

Lynch, Broncos separate
The veteran safety is looking for work after asking for his release and leaving camp.
By Mike Klis
The Denver Post
Article Launched: 07/31/2008 12:30:00 AM MDT

John Lynch's four-year run with the Broncos has come to an end, with the safety asking for his release. He helped the Bucs win the Super Bowl in the 2002 season. (Denver Post file photo )John Lynch and the Broncos weren't getting along in early March.

After temporarily reconciling their differences, the team and veteran safety realized they weren't right for each in late July, either.

The result is the Broncos have lost another team leader from their defense.

After 15 NFL seasons and nine Pro Bowl selections, Lynch left the team's training camp Tuesday after asking for his release in hopes of playing elsewhere. Broncos coach Mike Shanahan allowed Lynch the chance to explore other options, including retirement.

"I enjoyed playing with him. I learned a lot from him," Broncos cornerback Domonique Foxworth said. "It's sad to see him go."

After the Broncos' workout on Wednesday, Shanahan said only that Lynch
"was excused for personal reasons." Many players were then excused after the morning workout to join Lynch at a local establishment for a send-off.
Lynch will meet with the media today at Dove Valley.

Lynch is the third vocal leader the Broncos have lost in the past year. The team released middle linebacker Al Wilson because of health concerns before last season, and wide receiver Rod Smith retired last week.

The Broncos now have just three defensive starters from their 2005 AFC championship game — Foxworth, cornerback Champ Bailey and outside linebacker D.J. Williams.

"We've lost a lot, but that's life in the NFL," Foxworth said.

Although Shanahan gave Lynch the option of staying with the Broncos and competing for the starting position he held the past four years, the coach will grant the safety's wish and release him today.

At this point, it would be a surprise if Lynch found another place to play. He turns 37 on Sept. 25, and most teams already have set their secondary.

Lynch first considered retirement after the 2007 season, his fourth with the Broncos. He then decided to play one more year, but nearly left for free agency after the Broncos offered a 33 percent pay cut from $3 million in 2008

Denver Broncos safety John Lynch jokes with reporters as players head back to the locker room after taking part in morning session of the opening day of training camp at the team's headquarters in southeast Denver on Friday, July 25, 2008. The Broncos' camp runs through mid-August. (David Zalubowski, The Associated Press)to $2 million.
But personal talks with owner Pat Bowlen and Shanahan, and a desire not to uproot his wife and four children from the Denver area, convinced Lynch to return. He re-signed with the Broncos on March 1.

One week later, the Broncos signed free-agent safeties Marlon McCree, who started the past two years with rival San Diego, and Marquand Manuel, who started 29 games in three previous seasons with Seattle, Green Bay and Carolina.

Clearly, Lynch wasn't going to be handed his starting position without competing for it. The other safety spot belonged to Hamza Abdullah, a fourth-year player whom Lynch often provided veteran counsel in three previous seasons.

"John is my mentor," Abdullah said this week. "Of course he's the best safety I've ever played with, but he's also going down as one of the best safeties in league history. When I came off the field, he's always the first one to talk to me. 'Hamza, you did this right, you did this wrong.' He grades me hard. His standards for me are almost as high as I put on myself. For a guy to invest that much in me, I love that about John."

Mentoring, however, carries only so much satisfaction for Lynch. Just how much his playing time was going to be cut, however, didn't become evident until training camp. Lynch had been playing with the No. 1 base defense, but he was replaced by McCree in nickel situations.

Given the passing nature of the NFL, defenses generally employ their nickel packages for half the snaps. During the team's morning workout Tuesday, the Broncos sprinkled in McCree for a couple of reps on the first-team base defense.

It appears the Broncos want Abdullah to fill Lynch's role as the eighth man in the eight-man box and allow McCree to play as the deep safety.

Lynch was drafted by Tampa Bay in 1993. He played 11 seasons for the Buccaneers, helping them win the Super Bowl in the 2002 season. He signed with the Broncos before the 2004 season and was selected to the Pro Bowl each of his four years in Denver.

Lets see here.. He had to compete for a spot more then likely he would not have won.. And then be regulated to either backup duty or they cutting him.. So he decides to ask for a release instead of being cut or playing backup...

Either way, he got released/cut/quit because he was not in the teams starting plans..

Hopefully your guys replacing him do horrible also..

Rain Man
07-31-2008, 09:40 AM
John Lynch is old school like an old fool. He plays the game at full speed and never asks for mercy. Solid citizen off the field. This hurts Denver in the veteran leadership area.

Honestly, I'd like him if he played for us. I dislike him solely because of the color of his uniform.

Warrior5
07-31-2008, 09:54 AM
Uh...he played for the Donkey's. Do you need any more proof than that?

QFT. Seriously, why did the Donks cut him? Did Lynch all of a sudden develop a sense of integrity?

blueballs
07-31-2008, 10:01 AM
he can coach Brodie
move Curl to special teams

vailpass
07-31-2008, 10:18 AM
Lets see here.. He had to compete for a spot more then likely he would not have won.. And then be regulated to either backup duty or they cutting him.. So he decides to ask for a release instead of being cut or playing backup...

Either way, he got released/cut/quit because he was not in the teams starting plans..
Hopefully your guys replacing him do horrible also..

WTF?
'Cut' is a lot different than "asking for his release in hopes of playing elsewhere."

Simply Red
07-31-2008, 10:22 AM

So I trust that you'd like a player w/ similar qualities. Tony G.?

Simply Red
07-31-2008, 10:22 AM
We'll get you converted Vail, don't worry.
:)

vailpass
07-31-2008, 10:25 AM
So I trust that you'd like a player w/ similar qualities. Tony G.?

If he wouldn't mind blocking more than catching I would welcome Tony G as a Bronco, for about 1/5of what KC pays him.

vailpass
07-31-2008, 10:26 AM
We'll get you converted Vail, don't worry.

Oh I'm already in, who wouldn't want to be a part of anything that counts Frazos and GoChiefs among it's members?

1ChiefsDan
07-31-2008, 11:57 AM
WTF?
'Cut' is a lot different than "asking for his release in hopes of playing elsewhere."
He was under contract - the contract was terminated - that = cut.

Doesn't matter his pussy was sore and he asked to be cut....err...released.

Chief Faithful
07-31-2008, 12:15 PM
Now that he is done with Denver I can admit, I really liked John Lynch,...I mean,...uh,...when he was in Tampa.

Valiant
07-31-2008, 12:25 PM
WTF?

No, this is just a PR move because Lynch was not going to make your team as a starter and there is no use paying that much for a backup..

JuicesFlowing
07-31-2008, 02:37 PM
Regardless, Denver is a turnstile this year. What a mess.

vailpass
07-31-2008, 04:23 PM
Regardless, Denver is a turnstile this year. What a mess.

A 37 year old veteran was beat out by younger talent and that qualifies as a 'turnstile', a 'mess'?
That is exactly how you want it to work. For instance wouldn't you love to have a young DB that could take that roster spot upon which Surtain is loitering?