PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Croyle Video from FOX Sports

ChiefsCountry
07-30-2008, 10:41 PM
http://video.msn.com/video.aspx?mkt=en-us&brand=foxsports&vid=0ea2af92-39b0-4c49-98f0-9398c06fe9cc&playlist=&editor=&from=FOXSPORTS&fg=/nfl&rf=http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl

Pretty good interview with Brodie.

Huffman83
07-30-2008, 10:45 PM
Uhh...ahhh..uhh....ummm...uhhh...ahhh..uhhh..

That's all I heard.

Color Red
07-30-2008, 10:52 PM
I am fond of Croyle personally, but his interviews have been worthless. I feel for a young guy who has to step up to a bank of mics after going 0 and 6 last year. Sure they are learning something every day, and yeah, they're adding new plays, and of course it's great to have L.J. back there, but what can he really say? Gosh I hope the new guys block for me this year, and man I hope I don't chuck many interceptions this year, and it sure would be great if I start demonstrating Montana-esque field leadership. Well it'll soon enough be the regular season and all reality will come to tell the truth.

Huffman83
07-30-2008, 10:58 PM
I say you're the starting QB of an NFL team. Start learning how to speak to the media. Especially since a lot of media people are rooting for him. It shouldn't be too hard!

talastan
07-30-2008, 11:12 PM
I say you're the starting QB of an NFL team. Start learning how to speak to the media. Especially since a lot of media people are rooting for him. It shouldn't be too hard!:hmmm:

No offense but most of the media reports and QB rankings I've seen have him rated as one of the lowest. I think the guy is incredibly talented and can be the QB the Chiefs need, but the fact is the media doubts he'll be around much longer. That in and of itself would make me nervous around a bunch of microphone toters looking to see what they can take from my words to use out of context to write my career obituaries. JMO though...

Huffman83
07-30-2008, 11:22 PM
True, let me rephrase. I think the local media (who is pretty much the only media that seems to care about KC.) are very positive w/ their attitude towards Croyle.

Who wouldn't love to hear Croyle say something like..."**** yeah! We've got to win!."

Instead of "oh schucks mister...we really would like to win every once in a while!...gee wilakers!"

Silock
07-31-2008, 02:00 AM
I don't care what he says or how he says it. Let his play on the field speak for him.

Damn, too many people so wrapped up in bullshit.

JuicesFlowing
07-31-2008, 02:08 AM
Not every football player has the same personality. As long as Brodie is a leader on the field (and to a certain extent in the locker room?) and his teammates believe in him, that speaks volumes above what he has to say to the media vampires.

unlurking
07-31-2008, 04:41 AM
True, let me rephrase. I think the local media (who is pretty much the only media that seems to care about KC.) are very positive w/ their attitude towards Croyle.

Who wouldn't love to hear Croyle say something like..."**** yeah! We've got to win!."

Instead of "oh schucks mister...we really would like to win every once in a while!...gee wilakers!"
"If you really wanted to win, you'd tell them you should be backing up Jeff George!" Fatlock

donkhater
07-31-2008, 05:50 AM
You guys really search for any little thing to nit-pick about don't you? What QB EVER says anything in an interview? they are full of the same old same old.
CRASH:
It's time you started working on
your interviews.
NUKE
What do I gotta do?
CRASH
Learn your clichés. Study them. Know
them. They're your friends.

CRASH
Write this down.
"We gotta play 'em one day at a time."

NUKE
Boring.
CRASH
Of course. That's the point.
"I'm just happy to be here and hope
I can help the ballclub."
NUKE
Jesus.
CRASH
Write, write -- "I just wanta give
It my best shot and, Good Lord
willing, things'll work out."
NUKE
"...Good Lord willing, things'll
work out."

RibKing67
07-31-2008, 05:55 AM
Not every football player has the same personality. As long as Brodie is a leader on the field (and to a certain extent in the locker room?) and his teammates believe in him, that speaks volumes above what he has to say to the media vampires.

True. Also there are alot of players I have heard interviews with that sound worse than Brodie. They are football players...Who cares if they are a good interview or not?

kcfreakster
08-01-2008, 08:34 AM
Croyle will be alright, he's still young and doesn't have the offensive line that Trent had. I can deal with the rebuilding stage but a seasoned vet like TG might want to find a team he feels like can get him a SB ring before he retires.