PDA

View Full Version : Football Sporting News article about rookie LT's (Branden Albert).

BigVE
07-31-2008, 03:28 PM
It talks about how 5 teams are starting rookies at LT this year and gives a basic breakdown of each player/team. They have small features on Jake Long, Ryan Clady, Branden Albert, Chris Williams and Sam Baker who at this point are penciled in as starters for their perspective teams. Interestingly they praise the Bronco's pick of Clady but were/are down on KC's pick of Albert. About Clady they say that he was the most athletic LT in the draft and that he will be a superstar in the Bronco's chop-blocking...err...I mean zone-blocking scheme. As for Albert they say "Unlike other players on this list, Albert played mostly guard in College. Virginia had a good LT in Eugene Monroe. Still, you have to wonder how a guy who couldn't claim the position in college can do it in the pros." It continues: "I watched Albert, and he was very frustrating. He's not a fiery competitive kid. He got beat because he stopped blocking at times."

I haven't read anywhere else that Albert had "motivational" issues. I guess time will tell if we got a good LT or not but I do have to kind of agree that it's a bit perplexing to think that he will all of a sudden turn into a top notch LT just because thats where we need him the most.

Mecca
07-31-2008, 03:32 PM
The not playing LT in college thing is always going to be brought up, people will immediately go to if he isn't good enough to be a LT on his college team how the hell is he gonna do it in the NFL?

BigVE
07-31-2008, 03:36 PM
The not playing LT in college thing is always going to be brought up, people will immediately go to if he isn't good enough to be a LT on his college team how the hell is he gonna do it in the NFL?

Yeah, to me that's a statement that is made by someone who does not know much about Virginia football and/or Branden Albert. It's an easy guess and an easy way to write about someone you didn't really bother to research.

Mecca
07-31-2008, 03:37 PM
It also gives the Chiefs a very easy out...

If he struggles very much this year instead of giving him 2 or 3 years don't be surprised if he's moved to guard and another OT is taken.

RustShack
07-31-2008, 03:38 PM
Its a good point though...

J Diddy
07-31-2008, 03:38 PM
well that guy sucks

CrazyPhuD
07-31-2008, 03:41 PM
Print Em!

The Franchise
07-31-2008, 03:42 PM

If he struggles very much this year instead of giving him 2 or 3 years don't be surprised if he's moved to guard and another OT is taken.

This is true. If he doesn't pan out the Chiefs would just move him to RG and hope that Barry Richardson made it at RT. That way they could grab Oher next year in the 1st round.

BigVE
07-31-2008, 03:43 PM
This is true. If he doesn't pan out the Chiefs would just move him to RG and hope that Barry Richardson made it at RT. That way they could grab Oher next year in the 1st round.

I hope Albert works out well at LT but if not THIS ^ sounds like a good plan B.

Mecca
07-31-2008, 03:43 PM

But remember that's an easy out, most teams would give a LT 3 years to sink or swim, the Chiefs may only give him a year because of the easy out.

BigVE
07-31-2008, 03:45 PM
Either way we will need a good guard or two in the coming years. Works for me regardless.

RustShack
07-31-2008, 03:48 PM
Even if Albert does a good job, I wouldn't mind drafting Oher or another top tackle if we have a shot. It also depends on how the season goes, who steps up, who doesn't, and who else is available when we draft... but you know.

BigVE
07-31-2008, 03:49 PM
Even if Albert does a good job, I wouldn't mind drafting Oher or another top tackle if we have a shot. It also depends on how the season goes, who steps up, who doesn't, and who else is available when we draft... but you know.

I'm guessing next years top 10 pick will be QB.

Mecca
07-31-2008, 03:50 PM

I hope not...I don't see much in those QB's.

BigVE
07-31-2008, 03:51 PM
I hope not...I don't see much in those QB's.

LOL, makes even MORE sense if think of it THAT way.

RustShack
07-31-2008, 04:00 PM
I think next years top pick is either a OT, DE, or LB personally.

Mecca
07-31-2008, 04:01 PM
DE would be best unless the OT is that much better rated.....if you aren't going to take a QB in this system the best thing they can do is take linemen on either side.

CupidStunt
07-31-2008, 04:15 PM
Clady is nowhere near as athletic as Albert.

OnTheWarpath15
07-31-2008, 04:17 PM

No kidding. This guy lost all credibility with me when he wrote that line.

Red Dawg
07-31-2008, 04:26 PM
Albert quits? The **** he quits. If anything Herm does not draft players that quit. I gurantee they watched Al extensively on film and talked to every coach he ever had about playing and attitude.

This statement is rediculous.

vailpass
07-31-2008, 04:28 PM

Oh no, of course not. Why would anyone think that? It isn't like Clady acatually played the position and was rated ahead of Albert on every board in the league.

OnTheWarpath15
07-31-2008, 04:28 PM
Albert quits? The **** he quits. If anything Herm does not draft players that quit. I gurantee they watched Al extensively on film and talked to every coach he ever had about playing and attitude.

This statement is rediculous.

Honestly, the entire article is ridiculous.

Sully
07-31-2008, 04:43 PM
We are going to be in desperate need for a DE.
I like Hali, but I don't think he's elite. What we have on the other side is no better than Pellom McDaniels or any of the other stiff before Allen.

Of course, I think we'll be in dire need of a QB, too. (Though I wouldn't be surprised to see Quinn come over.

Deberg_1990
07-31-2008, 04:45 PM
DE would be best unless the OT is that much better rated.....if you aren't going to take a QB in this system the best thing they can do is take linemen on either side.

I wonder what young free agent QB's with upside will be available next year in case Croyle doesnt work out?

Aaron Rodger perhaps?? heheh

Mecca
07-31-2008, 04:47 PM
I wonder what young free agent QB's with upside will be available next year in case Croyle doesnt work out?

Probably not seeing how the Packers are basically handling this by telling Favre to **** off.

OnTheWarpath15
07-31-2008, 04:47 PM

That list is abysmal.

http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/features/freeagents/fa.php?y=2009

CupidStunt
07-31-2008, 04:48 PM
Oh no, of course not.

Quit while you're ahead, homer. Helps when you've actually seen the guys play.

Sorry that Clady is not nearly as athletic as a 6'7", 315lb. former basketball player who has some of the best feet of any O-line prospect this decade.

Good luck with your pussy. He's used to facing garbage 240lb. DEs in college and now he gets to go up against 240lb. bust Jarvis Moss. Just imagine when this guy has to take on a 280lb. end who actually has the power to bullrush. :eek:

Mecca
07-31-2008, 04:48 PM
I know Garrard got a new deal......that's pretty sad when the best guy on a list is Kyle Boller who's basically the same thing Croyle is.

Coach
07-31-2008, 04:56 PM

Even if that happens, the G position is still a need as far as I'm concerned. Waters isn't gonna be around here within the next 2 or 3 years, or at least performing at a high level.

And who else, other than Richardson, do the Chiefs have at the G position? I know there's Stollings and Taylor, but it sounds like neither of them are doing well up to this point.

Braincase
07-31-2008, 05:19 PM
Branden Albertson isn't the one I worry about. The guy with the brains is Bary Richardsonson, and if he aplplies his brain to succeeding in the NFL, we could have a very good offensive line in a year or two. I'd love to hear Richardsonson and Niswangerson talk about the state of the world, and the differences they notice in McCainson and Obamason.

rtmike
07-31-2008, 05:49 PM
With Pat Thomas playing with the first string so much it has me concerned. Unless Goonther is coaching him up.
I'm thinking that Maualuga kid from USC would be a good, safe pick.

The games I seen Thomas in he was doing his share of whiffing. Not so with the
Maualuga kid.

It's only preseason but this time last year the LBing corp was a perceived strength. With Donnie on the downside and DJ's contract coming up, LB will need addressed shortly. :hmmm:

StcChief
07-31-2008, 05:59 PM
might be a tad early to make this call..... I know he has a deadline and flying all over to see the rookie LTs.... good luck at a "small snapshot" to make a decision.

but whatever glad it's your sh1tty job to do.

StcChief
07-31-2008, 06:01 PM
Branden Albertson isn't the one I worry about. The guy with the brains is Bary Richardsonson, and if he aplplies his brain to succeeding in the NFL, we could have a very good offensive line in a year or two. I'd love to hear Richardsonson and Niswangerson talk about the state of the world, and the differences they notice in McCainson and Obamason. what are their answers that will tell me alot about their ability to really think.

vailpass
07-31-2008, 06:13 PM
Quit while you're ahead, homer. Helps when you've actually seen the guys play.

Sorry that Clady is not nearly as athletic as a 6'7", 315lb. former basketball player who has some of the best feet of any O-line prospect this decade.

Good luck with your pussy. He's used to facing garbage 240lb. DEs in college and now he gets to go up against 240lb. bust Jarvis Moss. Just imagine when this guy has to take on a 280lb. end who actually has the power to bullrush. :eek:

LMAO Bitter much? Being a perennial loser with no end in sight is kinda getting to ya huh?

CupidStunt
07-31-2008, 06:50 PM
I might root for a team that hasn't cheated its way to a Lombardi in the last few years, but I'll certainly never be "loser" enough to register on a Broncos forum and post thousands of messages whining. Unless you meant something else, but it's tough to tell when you're engaging someone who can't grasp the basics of the language which they speak.

And bitter? Heh ... don't kid yourself, homer. Do a post search and see what I think of that pussy you drafted. Better yet, watch a Broncos game. (No, not those Broncos, you stupid f**ker.)

rambleonthruthefog
07-31-2008, 07:58 PM

another one of you punk. F you, and the pony you rode in on.

BigVE
07-31-2008, 08:26 PM
another one of you punk. F you, and the pony you rode in on.

Ironic, I was thinking the same thing about you...another internet tough guy. I found your pic: