PDA

View Full Version : KU **** OFFICIAL KU @ USF GAME THREAD ****

DaKCMan AP
08-01-2008, 09:22 AM
Ok, maybe not. A little early.

BUT, just purchased tickets today for KU @ USF on Sept 12th at 8PM (TV: ESPN2). Up high, but right between the 40 and 50 yard lines, section 336.

:)

kepp
08-01-2008, 09:52 AM
Todd Reesing, meet George Selvie.

Skip Towne
08-01-2008, 10:07 AM
How much did the tickets cost?

DaKCMan AP
08-01-2008, 10:12 AM
How much did the tickets cost?

My uncle said with tax, service charges and everything the bottom line was around $36/ticket.

ArrowheadHawk
08-01-2008, 10:16 AM
I cant wait till the season starts.

Skip Towne
08-01-2008, 10:23 AM
My uncle said with tax, service charges and everything the bottom line was around $36/ticket.

Not bad at all.

kepp
08-01-2008, 10:26 AM
Not bad at all.

Not bad is right...that's pretty cheap for what should be a good game.

Jewish Rabbi
08-01-2008, 10:28 AM
Have fun watching your season go down the shitter in person.

DaKCMan AP
08-01-2008, 10:28 AM
Not bad is right...that's pretty cheap for what should be a good game.

USF tickets are still pretty cheap. You can get season tix for under $250 and don't have to make a donation or anything.

Skip Towne
08-01-2008, 10:32 AM

Shut up, n00b

KCFalcon59
08-01-2008, 10:56 AM

Oklahoma....where the tiggers season goes up in flames!

kcchiefsus
08-01-2008, 12:39 PM
Oklahoma....where the tiggers season goes up in flames!

And Kansas will find the same fate when they actually play Oklahoma...and Missouri, Texas Tech, Texas, and South Florida.

Lzen
08-01-2008, 01:05 PM
And Kansas will find the same fate when they actually play Oklahoma...and Missouri, Texas Tech, Texas, and South Florida.

Not really. I will be happy with 8-10 wins. Hell, considering where this program was 6 or 7 years ago when Mangino got here, we have come a long way. I just want a consistently good team year after year. I think that's what MM has been creating. I really don't expect us to compete for a national championship. Last year was a dream season but I don't expect that to happen again anytime soon.

Lzen
08-01-2008, 01:06 PM
I was actually going to go down and see that game with my friend who lives in Lakeland. They got 4 tix already. But with some unexpected expenses lately, it doesn't look like that will happen after all. :( Oh well. I should be able to see it on TV. And if they lose, at least I don't have to be there to witness it in person. :) But I think they will win.

Spicy McHaggis
08-01-2008, 02:03 PM

You know, I'm starting to think this guy isn't a rabbi at all. In fact, he may not even be Jewish.

kcchiefsus
08-01-2008, 03:41 PM
Not really. I will be happy with 8-10 wins. Hell, considering where this program was 6 or 7 years ago when Mangino got here, we have come a long way. I just want a consistently good team year after year. I think that's what MM has been creating. I really don't expect us to compete for a national championship. Last year was a dream season but I don't expect that to happen again anytime soon.

8-10 wins won't happen.

Bearcat
08-01-2008, 11:25 PM

Happy with 8-10 wins?!?! You know they only play 12, right? ;) I'd be very happy for 8 and f***ing ecstatic for 9 or 10. Nine wins means we would have beaten all of the currently unranked opponents and 2 of the 5 that are currently in the top 25.

I agree though... Mangino has done a great job, and I hope we can take the next step and start making and winning decent bowl games every year. After this past year of football and basketball, I have abnormally low expectations of both... it's the grace period after dream seasons. :)

Chiefspants
08-01-2008, 11:30 PM
Man, I bet this is the first time this year there's been a thread with KU and Mizzou fans arguing about KU's upcoming season.

HolyHandgernade
08-01-2008, 11:35 PM
I think that matchup between Selvie and Spikes will be a great barometer for the success of the season. If Spikes holds his own, I think we'll do really well. If he gets overrun, we'll be hard pressed to beat the better teams on our schedule. Can't wait for this game.

-HH

Bearcat
08-02-2008, 08:30 AM
Man, I bet this is the first time this year there's been a thread with KU and Mizzou fans arguing about KU's upcoming season.

What arguing? We have an MU thread and a KU thread, and this is the calmest I've seen it in a long time... the only arguing in the MU thread has been Midnight Manwhore Douchebag Vulture and against OSU, and this one is even calmer..... :eek:

It's nice, but almost in an eery want-to-stir-something-up-because-it's-a-little-too-nice sort of way.

Al Bundy
08-02-2008, 08:35 AM
USF gets of to notoriously slow starts at home the 1st few weeks of the season. That being said I expect them to beat KU.

Skip Towne
08-02-2008, 09:34 AM
USF gets of to notoriously slow starts at home the 1st few weeks of the season. That being said I expect them to beat KU.

You expected every team we played to knock us out of the Dance.

BWillie
08-02-2008, 01:55 PM
KU will go 8-4 before their bowl. I have spoken. They have a more difficult schedule than last year, but I don't think that is the main hindrance. We lost like five to the NFL draft, and I don't think people realize just how good Collins and Talib were. I think the biggest question mark is our new defensive coordinator. As long as he keeps everything the same I don't think there is anything to worry about. 8 wins is a good year. 9 is a great year. 10 is not realistic IMO.

kstater
08-02-2008, 02:02 PM
KU will go 8-4 before their bowl. I have spoken. They have a more difficult schedule than last year, but I don't think that is the main hindrance. We lost like five to the NFL draft, and I don't think people realize just how good Collins and Talib were. I think the biggest question mark is our new defensive coordinator. As long as he keeps everything the same I don't think there is anything to worry about. 8 wins is a good year. 9 is a great year. 10 is not realistic IMO.

I can't pass up the opportunity to post this again. :D
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ek0ANQ8bRfo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ek0ANQ8bRfo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Skip Towne
08-02-2008, 02:10 PM
Hey, look, KSU had one good play that game. Anybody remember the score of the game? Or what KSU did in games after that?

kstater
08-02-2008, 02:12 PM
A team from Kansas won it.