PDA

View Full Version : Life Analyze This Dream

CosmicPal
08-01-2008, 10:26 AM
'cause I have absolutely no idea why I had such a dream.

The Dream:

I'm sitting in a bar all alone. The interior is bright with red walls here, and peach-colored walls there. The booths and floor both give it a 50's diner look.

The walls are adorned with Boston Red Sox photos, shirts, caps, etc. I'm in a Red Sox bar!

The bartender is a slim, experienced man who does nothing but towel-dry the glasses and smiles.

The entire room is filled with a deep golden sunlight.

WTF?

First of all, I'm not a Red Sox fan. I'm not even much of a baseball fan anymore. I used to be a rabid baseball fan growing up, but the strikes, the mind-blowing salaries, and the way the Royals went south really did it in for me as a baseball fan.

And what's with this 50's diner stuff? The smiling bartender who doesn't talk?

Is this dream supposed to tell me something?

beach tribe
08-01-2008, 10:29 AM
It tells you that dreams are random as hell.

seclark
08-01-2008, 10:30 AM
what were you drinking?
sec

CosmicPal
08-01-2008, 10:31 AM
what were you drinking?
sec

Didn't have anything to drink before I went to sleep.

DaKCMan AP
08-01-2008, 10:33 AM
My dream from a few weeks ago was better and - while not realistic - all of the events I could see happening.

The Franchise
08-01-2008, 10:33 AM

What'd you eat before you went to sleep?

seclark
08-01-2008, 10:34 AM

no...what were you drinking in the dream?
sec

beach tribe
08-01-2008, 10:35 AM

Do you really think you will come to a conclusion from an answer to this question?

Not trying to be a smart ass. Just curious.

CosmicPal
08-01-2008, 10:35 AM
My dream from a few weeks ago was better and - while not realistic - all of the events I could see happening.

Ahhh, that's right. I should add that this dream was entirely realistic- like I was actually there. Weird though- 'cause not only did it appear to be so real, at the same time, it felt heavenly or otherworldly.

beach tribe
08-01-2008, 10:36 AM
sec

Sam Adams??

blueballs
08-01-2008, 10:37 AM
your sex drive is dead
eat fresh fruit

CosmicPal
08-01-2008, 10:37 AM
sec

Actually, that's funny that you ask 'cause I was drinking regular beer from a glass- something I never do in a bar. I'm almost always drinking mixed drinks if I'm at a bar. If I do order a beer, I prefer it be in a cold bottle.

CosmicPal
08-01-2008, 10:39 AM

To answer your question, I had microwaved popcorn an hour before retiring to bed.

The Franchise
Do you really think you will come to a conclusion from an answer to this question?

Not trying to be a smart ass. Just curious.

Ehhh....who knows. It's not like someone is going to be able to tell him what his dream meant anyways. I though I might as well ask the normal questions.

seclark
Actually, that's funny that you ask 'cause I was drinking regular beer from a glass- something I never do in a bar. I'm almost always drinking mixed drinks if I'm at a bar. If I do order a beer, I prefer it be in a cold bottle.

interesting...did you have to pay for it?
sec

beach tribe
08-01-2008, 10:41 AM
Ehhh....who knows. It's not like someone is going to be able to tell him what his dream meant anyways. I though I might as well ask the normal questions.

Yeah. It makes sense.

CosmicPal
08-01-2008, 10:41 AM
interesting...did you have to pay for it?
sec

Don't recall any money being exchanged. Just remember standing there in this empty bar holding a beer and looking at all the Red Sox sh*t on the walls.

beach tribe
08-01-2008, 10:42 AM
Don't recall any money being exchanged. Just remember standing there in this empty bar holding a beer and looking at all the Red Sox sh*t on the walls.

Free Sam Adams then?

Otter
Uh, you caught something about the Red Sox on CNN before going to bed and the sunlight was hitting your face as you were having the dream.

:shrug:

Unless it's a reoccurring dream I wouldn't analyze it too much.

seclark

sounds like a pretty cool dream.
sec

Jewish Rabbi
08-01-2008, 10:47 AM
Hopefully it means the Red Sox will miss the playoffs.

Fairplay
08-01-2008, 10:51 AM
Cosmic are you on any medications, if so what are they if i may be so bold to ask.

CosmicPal
08-01-2008, 11:11 AM
Cosmic are you on any medications, if so what are they if i may be so bold to ask.

I've been on a sh*tload of medication even before the back surgery in March of this year. I was given a whole lot more after the surgery.

A couple of months ago, I took a laundry bag full of empty pill bottles to my doc and poured them on the table and asked him if he thought I was taking too many pills. He said, "Nope."

I can live with that.

RJ
08-01-2008, 11:31 AM
Are you certain you were sleeping? I believe you may have been watching the pilot for a new David Lynch series.

Fairplay
08-01-2008, 11:31 AM
Yeah Cosmic, some medications give you vivid, wild type dreams.

I actually looked forward to sleeping because the dreams were cool, but sometimes they were darn right scary.

I told my doc about it (only one med though), and he told me to take it in the morning.

That put an end to that non-sense.

I was having some really weird, WTF type dreams. Made no sense.

Chiefless
08-01-2008, 12:08 PM
I always see dreams as metaphors for what's going on in real life, so...

Has something changed in your personal life? From the description of your dream and your reaction it seems like you are experiencing things you are not familiar with and/or don't even like, i.e. Red Sox bar (baseball in general), drinking BEER in a bar (and from a glass). From the comparisons you made between your dream and your waking world everything is topsy-turvy.

Even close?

sedated
08-01-2008, 12:17 PM
were you watching TV before bed?

sportscenter maybe?

CosmicPal
08-01-2008, 12:22 PM
I always see dreams as metaphors for what's going on in real life, so...

Has something changed in your personal life? From the description of your dream and your reaction it seems like you are experiencing things you are not familiar with and/or don't even like, i.e. Red Sox bar (baseball in general), drinking BEER in a bar (and from a glass). From the comparisons you made between your dream and your waking world everything is topsy-turvy.

Even close?

Maybe....

I'm going to go off the edge here because of the dream itself. Remember, it was vividly bright and colorful inside a bar of all places. The light was a natural glowing radiance from the sun itself.

As weird as it may seems: I was looking backwards and forwards at the same time. Hence, the 50's diner-like interior of the bar. (backwards) The vivid colors. (forwards).

I think in my dream- I was dead. I think I was the guy holding the glass of beer and there was nobody there, but the bartender drying the glasses.

That's what I think....:shrug:

HolyHandgernade
08-01-2008, 12:22 PM

The Dream:

I'm sitting in a bar all alone. The interior is bright with red walls here, and peach-colored walls there. The booths and floor both give it a 50's diner look.

The walls are adorned with Boston Red Sox photos, shirts, caps, etc. I'm in a Red Sox bar!

The bartender is a slim, experienced man who does nothing but towel-dry the glasses and smiles.

WTF?

First of all, I'm not a Red Sox fan. I'm not even much of a baseball fan anymore. I used to be a rabid baseball fan growing up, but the strikes, the mind-blowing salaries, and the way the Royals went south really did it in for me as a baseball fan.

My completely non-professional opinion is that you are feeling nostalgic about something. Nostalgia usually is accompanied by feelings of security and serenity. Baseball, the knowing bartender, 50's decor, golden sunlight (usually symbolizes comforting warmth). The Royals simply may not have been around long enough to be considered "nostalgic" and your mind substituted a team with older history. Do you have any ancestry from the Boston area? I'm curious, did the bartender look like tat one from the intro to the TV series "Cheers". The song "Everybody Know Your Name" certainly has a nostalgic feel to it as well. So, maybe you have a need to reconnect with family you haven't spoken to in some time, just a guess.

-HH

CosmicPal
08-01-2008, 12:24 PM
were you watching TV before bed?

sportscenter maybe?

Ahhh, you might be on to something.

The bar! The Red Sox!

I watch Cheers every night before I go to bed. But, it wasn't Cheers. It wasn't anything near a Cheers scene.

beach tribe
08-01-2008, 12:24 PM
My completely non-professional opinion is that you are feeling nostalgic about something. Nostalgia usually is accompanied by feelings of security and serenity. Baseball, the knowing bartender, 50's decor, golden sunlight (usually symbolizes comforting warmth). The Royals simply may not have been around long enough to be considered "nostalgic" and your mind substituted a team with older history. Do you have any ancestry from the Boston area? I'm curious, did the bartender look like tat one from the intro to the TV series "Cheers". The song "Everybody Know Your Name" certainly has a nostalgic feel to it as well. So, maybe you have a need to reconnect with family you haven't spoken to in some time, just a guess.

-HH

***giggle***

bogey
08-01-2008, 12:26 PM
Do you have any feelings about Manny being traded?

HolyHandgernade
08-01-2008, 12:28 PM
Here, about the 1:04 mark, is that your bartender:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1GmK7m8dOi0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1GmK7m8dOi0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

beach tribe
08-01-2008, 12:30 PM
Or was he more like the bartender from the Shining?

beach tribe
08-01-2008, 12:33 PM
Lloyd

Best bartender from Portland Maine to Portland Oregon.

HolyHandgernade
08-01-2008, 12:36 PM

I would say its definitely not nostalgia that he's feeling if this were the case!

RJ
08-01-2008, 12:37 PM

I was also thinking Stephen King. His stories are usually set in New England and the Red Sox often come up in the dialogue. And he likes using dream sequences as metaphors or prophecies.

Cosmic, have you been reading Stephen King lately?

TrebMaxx
08-01-2008, 12:54 PM
I don't know what to make of all this but a online dream interpretation spit this out.

www.dreamcrowd.com

sitting
To dream that you are sitting, indicates your indecision and not knowing what you want to do with yourself in the near future. It may also suggest that you are just being idle and doing nothing.

Bar
To dream that you are at a bar, signifies your desire to escape from the stresses of your daily life and retreat into a light-hearted environment where pleasure abounds. Alternatively, you are seeking for acceptance in some aspect of your daily life.

night club bar drink drinking alone
To dream that you are alone, indicates feelings of rejection. You may be feeling that no one understand you.

lonely alone
To dream that you are alone, indicates feelings of rejection. You may be feeling that no one understand you.

aloneness bright
To dream that something is bright, represents divinity, a higher consciousness, and spirituality. You need to honor an admirable person or situation. The dream may also be a metaphor for intellect and someone who is smart. If the brightness is blinding, then it suggests that you are not paying attention to some new insights.

bright light red
passion, sexuality, anger, warning

red redness red-eye color colors walls
To dream that you or someone else is hanging up wallpaper, signifies that you are putting up a barrier or some sort of shield between yourself and others. It also suggest that you are covering something up - a secret of sorts. Alternatively, it may mean something that needs beautifying. To dream that you are peeling or stripping off wallpaper, denotes that you are beginning to let your guard down or breaking down a barrier that you have kept between you and others. It also indicates that you are revealing aspects of yourself that have been kept well hidden. The color and pattern of the wallpaper will offer clues as what kind of barrier, secret, or feeling is being represented by the wallpaper.

floor
To see the floor in your dream, represents your support. It may also represent the division between the unconscious and conscious. To see a polished, wooden floor in your dream, indicates that you are fully aware of your unconscious and keeping it suppressed. To see a slanted floor in your dream, foretells that you are deviating too far from your original plans and goals.

floor ground floors give
To dream that you are giving something away, indicates that you need to give more in some relationship or situation. To be able to give helps fulfill our need to share and belong. To dream that something is given to you, suggests that you need to appreciate the gifts your have.

Tags: giving offering give gave
photos
Seeing old or even unfamiliar pictures in your dream may be a reflection of how you remember certain parts of your life. These pictures may represent longing for a time that has passed. However, other interpretations can be made. Although this dream may be difficult to interpret, the dreamer may need to put significant amount of effort into its understanding. Some believe that since a photograph represents something real, it could represent a deception or distortion of some kind. Someone may be trying to sell something to you and is covering up the truth, or you may be doing the covering yourself. New Age thinking points out that dreaming of pictures means you have not learned a particular lesson in life. The dream may be calling attention to past events and reminding you that you are making the same errors all over again.

Tags: photograph photographs image images photo photos camera picture pictures
man
Carl Jung said that the wise old man is the "archetype of the spirit" and the "speaking fountainhead of the soul." Dreaming about him may attempt to bring the dreamer into awareness of the larger meaning of ones life. Old people in dreams represent wisdom and maturity. They may appear in our dreams at times of confusion and lack of direction, or when we need consultation and help in decision-making. See also: Aging

glasses room
To dream that you are in a room, represents a particular aspect of yourself or a particular relationship. Dreams about various rooms often relate to hidden areas of the conscious mind and different aspects of your personality. To dream that you find or discover new rooms, suggests that you are developing new strengths and taking on new roles. You may be growing emotionally. To see an appealing or comfortable room in your dream, signifies opulence and satisfaction in life. To see a dark, eerie or confining room, denotes that that you feel trapped or repressed in a situation. See also: Bathroom, Kitchen
If a strange room was the main feature of your dream, the meaning depends on the action and other elements which should be considered, but as a general guide: To enter a strange room is a warning that a casual affair could turn out to be an incubus if you aren't careful. To find yourself in a strange room signifies sudden success if it was reasonably well-furnished, and legal troubles if it was empty or only partly furnished. If the room was a very small one, it indicates a lucky last-minute escape from a regrettable mistake.

blueballs
08-01-2008, 01:00 PM
it just drew your attention away from another dream
that was too disturbing for your mind to handle
you probably killed people and ate their inards

CrazyPhuD
08-01-2008, 01:31 PM
Was Jonal Saint Dic in the bar also? Because if you're having Dic dreams.......

Chiefless
08-01-2008, 01:37 PM

-HH

That's a really good take...

JuicesFlowing
08-01-2008, 08:05 PM
Other than saying that I share your exact view on baseball, I have no idea what your dream means. I rarely remember my dreams. Half of them have obvious conscious connections, and the other half are meaningless drivel.

Joie
08-01-2008, 09:27 PM
Stop drinking antifreeze before bed? :shrug:

Iowanian
08-01-2008, 09:33 PM
There is good news and bad news.

The good news is that the dream means you've finally figured out that you have an absorbed siamese twin in part of your body. Because you've noticed the detail and excessories worn by the patrons, it reveals that a small part of you is gay.

The bad news is...its your balloon knot.

Iowanian
08-01-2008, 09:36 PM

greg63
08-01-2008, 09:36 PM

The Dream:

WTF?

You're supposed to run for President and once elected influence the senate to extend to you special executive powers bringing peace and security to your new empire through the might of an enormous clone army.

Boon
08-01-2008, 10:06 PM
It sounds to me like your have some concerns regarding the Chief's chances of going undefeated.

CosmicPal
08-01-2008, 10:52 PM
Lloyd

Best bartender from Portland Maine to Portland Oregon.

Creepy. Very creepy. That is damn near the likeness of the bartender in my dream- only he wasn't wearing velvet and he had more hair- mostly white hair, not gray.

Discuss Thrower
08-01-2008, 11:21 PM
Aside from that pretty excellent analysis by HolyHandgrenade, I'd say your dream is just the consolidation of several thoughts... Watch ESPN and you'll undoubtedly have a cursory thought about the RedSox due to the Manny trade... Otherwise, I'd just take every element of your dream and try and trace back your previous thoughts.

Slayer Diablo
08-02-2008, 12:14 AM

The Dream:

You're sitting in a McDonald's sometime in the past, which says that your subconscious wants you to listen/watch--and possibly get a taste of--what you're going to remember.

The McDonald's is quite possibly in Boston...think about times from your childhood to your college years of late night fastfood trips. There could be some significance to it...possibly even using the initials BM...but only you'd know what that is.

So, when did you first think you might be attracted to other men?

Usually attributed to epiphany.

WTF?

Refer to the above comments.

chiefs1111
08-02-2008, 02:28 AM

Maybe your a closet Red Sox fan and don't know it...

POND_OF_RED
08-02-2008, 03:06 AM
I think you've actually just been shown a glimpse of hell.