PDA

View Full Version : Funny Stuff Don't Tase the Bride, Bro....

gblowfish
08-01-2008, 10:29 AM
Mich. police taser Durango newlyweds during wedding reception
Witness: Officers overreacted
http://tinyurl.com/5l4amc

July 24, 2008
By Ted Holteen | Herald Staff Writer

Police arrest Ania Somora at her wedding reception Saturday night at Burnison Art Gallery in Chikaming Township, Mich.
Courtesy of The News-Dispatch of Michigan City, Ind.

The Michigan wedding of Durango newlyweds Andy and Ania Somora came to an abrupt end last weekend after the bride and groom were tasered by local police and spent their wedding night in jail.

According to a news release from the Chikaming Township (Mich.) Police Department, Officer Jeff Enders responded Saturday to the Burnison Art Gallery in Lakeside, Mich., after gallery owner Judi Burnison asked for assistance with unruly guests at the Somoras' wedding reception.

Burnison, who rented the gallery to the Somoras for the reception, told Enders the party had gotten out of hand, and there were broken glasses and spilled drinks.

Burnison declined to comment Wednesday, but she said her lawyer would respond to questions.

However, no call was received as of Wednesday evening.

Enders told the assembled guests to leave, but many became upset, police said. Enders called for backup, and 14 law-enforcement agencies responded to help clear the crowd. Police said that many of the 100 guests left peacefully, but several continued to be disorderly and to swear at the officers.

However, eyewitness Kacpar Skowron, a professional Chicago photographer and friend of Ania Somora, said police overreacted and ruined a perfectly good wedding.

"My perspective is that the main officer (Enders) handling it was cool at first, but then he started threatening that everybody would be arrested. But trying to kick the party out at 11:20 (p.m.) on a wedding night when we had a contract to be there? He was a big jerk," Skowron said.

Skowron said the crowd got particularly unruly after police handcuffed Andy Somora's father and put him in the back of a police cruiser. He said the elder Somora, whom he described as "a distinguished older gentleman," was trying to talk to Enders to defuse the situation.

"I didn't believe it, but I witnessed it. It was brutal, and that's when Andy got really mad," he said.

Skowron said Andy Somora had to be restrained by police and was tasered at least twice. His wife also received a shock because she was touching her husband during one of the incidents. Skowron said husband and wife were both arrested, but Chikaming police would not confirm that claim, and no mention of the use of a taser is included in the news release.

Chikaming police arrested four men and one woman, but the department would not release the names of those arrested until they were arraigned.

The charges against those arrested include assault and battery, disorderly conduct, resisting and obstruction of police officers, and damage to property.

An arraignment was scheduled for Wednesday, and media calls were referred to Enders as the investigating officer. However, Enders was off duty Wednesday and did not return a phone call for this story.

gblowfish
08-01-2008, 10:29 AM
Pic of Tased Bride:

beach tribe
08-01-2008, 10:33 AM
I come to expect these things from the tight shirted ones.

seclark
08-01-2008, 10:33 AM
they got off lucky. at least their backs weren't broken first.
sec

OnTheWarpath15
08-01-2008, 10:36 AM
"My perspective is that the main officer (Enders) handling it was cool at first, but then he started threatening that everybody would be arrested. But trying to kick the party out at 11:20 (p.m.) on a wedding night when we had a contract to be there? He was a big jerk," Skowron said.

Did you have a contract to **** up an art gallery?

Christ, it's not like the cops just stopped in and started tazing people for kicks.

Had everyone left peacefully like the majority, this wouldn't have happened.

Act like a ****stick, get treated like a ****stick.

Jewish Rabbi
08-01-2008, 10:37 AM
The cops could have raped them first.

beach tribe
08-01-2008, 10:39 AM
The cops could have raped them first.

What's with the jail bait in your av Rabbi?

Didn't you say something about catholic priests earlier.

No I'm not catholic.

mikey23545
08-01-2008, 10:39 AM
It's the same at any party, at the end of the night you have to take out the trash....

The Franchise
08-01-2008, 10:40 AM

Christ, it's not like the cops just stopped in and started tazing people for kicks.

Exactly......

NOW CHECK YOUR PMS! :)

OnTheWarpath15
08-01-2008, 10:42 AM
Exactly......

NOW CHECK YOUR PMS! :)

LMAO

Sorry...

But you might want to include you're e-mail address if you want me to e-mail it to you...

:D

The Franchise
08-01-2008, 10:43 AM
LMAO

Sorry...

But you might want to include you're e-mail address if you want me to e-mail it to you...

:D

Oh yeah....man I'm stupid. :banghead:

Chiefnj2
08-01-2008, 10:50 AM

Why should everyone leave when only a few guests were unruly?

The Franchise
08-01-2008, 10:53 AM
Skowron said Andy Somora had to be restrained by police and was tasered at least twice. His wife also received a shock because she was touching her husband during one of the incidents. Skowron said husband and wife were both arrested, but Chikaming police would not confirm that claim, and no mention of the use of a taser is included in the news release.

So technically she didn't get tazed.....she just got shocked because she was holding on to her husband.

NUT HOOKS!

OnTheWarpath15
08-01-2008, 10:57 AM
Why should everyone leave when only a few guests were unruly?

Because the ****ing cops and the gallery owner said so?

It's not that difficult...

rambleonthruthefog
08-01-2008, 11:27 AM
911 is a joke.

http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/2006/startracks/061113/flavor_flav.jpg

Dartgod
08-01-2008, 11:34 AM
Pic of Tased Bride:

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c24/nekrokitty13/movies/db_Bride11.jpg

FYP...

StcChief
08-01-2008, 11:41 AM
these Taser's seemed like a good idea, at first.

If a real weapon was involved would it have been drawn?

Bwana
08-01-2008, 11:59 AM
Hmmm? I little delay in the Honeymoon I would expect.

el borracho
08-01-2008, 01:12 PM
I wish I was the wedding photographer; I bet he got some once-in-a-lifetime shots. Man, that wedding photo album is gonna rock!

Slayer Diablo
08-02-2008, 01:01 AM
To an extent, that's pretty cool...how many people can honestly say their wedding made it into newspapers across the whole US?

chiefs1111
08-02-2008, 02:14 AM
Can't we all just get along????

JuicesFlowing
08-02-2008, 05:44 AM
That is an awesome story.

JuicesFlowing
08-02-2008, 06:01 AM
Pic of Tased Bride:

That photo could end up in the FAIL pic thread, except people wouldn't know the story behind it, thus making it pointless.

dtebbe
08-02-2008, 09:16 AM
The moral of the story is that if you are going to party your ass off, rent the local KofC or American Legion hall like the rest of us white trash. Our wedding reception was at our local Legion hall, and I would say there was about 2" of beer on the floor by the end of the night. Other than a few stained shoes, a good time was had by all. The guys running the hall were much too busy partaking in the partying to even consider calling home, much less the cops :D

My aunt (about the only one there who didn't drink) had to drive the Priest home.....

DT

wazu
08-02-2008, 09:46 AM
The moral of the story is that if you are going to party your ass off, rent the local KofC or American Legion hall like the rest of us white trash. Our wedding reception was at our local Legion hall, and I would say there was about 2" of beer on the floor by the end of the night. Other than a few stained shoes, a good time was had by all. The guys running the hall were much too busy partaking in the partying to even consider calling home, much less the cops :D

My aunt (about the only one there who didn't drink) had to drive the Priest home.....

DT

Man, usually I think I'm pretty laid back about cutting loose and having a good time, but standing in an inch or two of beer just sounds nasty.

blueballs
08-02-2008, 09:52 AM
he can sue the police department
they gave his wife the shocker at the wedding
how the **** does he follow that on his wedding night