PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Your training camp feelings: the defensive line

Rain Man
08-02-2008, 01:55 PM
Well?

Poll coming faster than a Ron Edwards head slap.

Hammock Parties
08-02-2008, 01:56 PM
Deepest interior line we've had in years.

Defensive ends kinda blow.

kcxiv
08-02-2008, 01:57 PM
I dont have an opinion one way or another. I haven't seen them practice/play. We hear reports, but everyone seems to have slightly different impressions. Some reporters know what to look for and others don't. First game is on Thursday, so i will just wait to see how they come out.

el borracho
08-02-2008, 02:18 PM
I don't even see room for disagreement here.

Hali is clearly a downgrade from Allen
Edwards is still Edwards
Dorsey is clearly more inspiring than Alphonso Boone
Boone is clearly a downgrade from Hali

Deberg_1990
08-02-2008, 02:46 PM
I pray the run defense (Our achilles heel for years) improves.

The pass rush will fall off, but thats sort of expected.

shaneo69
08-02-2008, 04:04 PM
My feelings on the defense in general are that it's the beginning of Herm's 3rd year in KC, and we'll have 3 rookies starting in the secondary, an over-the-hill Donnie Edwards at one OLB, an undrafted FA at MLB that sucks ass, and Derrick Johnson at the other OLB, who hasn't improved since his rookie year. On DL, we have one potentially great DT in Dorsey who will probably suffer rookie growing pains, one adequate LDE who's trying to switch to RDE, and a bunch of other journeyman on the line.

It doesn't look to me like Herm's built anything on defense in his first two years here. And our two big FA signings look to be backup LB's.

Yeah Marty drove us all nuts when he was here, but that guy could take a new job and find defensive players off the scrap heap and still end up with a top 10 defense every year, no matter who his D-coordinator was. Herm says he's building a team yet he has basically nothing to show for his first two years here. Hopefully after year 3, these guys will be considered solid starters and we won't be replacing them again next offseason.