PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Dorsey’s knee injury not as bad as Chiefs feared

KCJohnny
08-04-2008, 07:23 AM
Dorsey’s knee injury not as bad as Chiefs feared (http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/732684.html)

Dorsey injury not serious
RIVER FALLS, Wis. | Glenn Dorsey’s knee injury isn’t as bad as the Chiefs initially feared.
Dorsey, the team’s top draft pick, has a mild sprain of the left knee and won’t play in Thursday’s preseason opener against the Bears in Chicago. But coach Herm Edwards said he is hopeful Dorsey could play in the following game against Arizona on Aug. 16 at Arrowhead Stadium.
Dorsey was injured when some players fell on his leg during a play in Saturday night’s Family Fun Night practice. Edwards said Dorsey, who was on the ground with his leg in a prone position, avoided more serious damage by moving the leg before the weight of the pile crashed down.
Even if Dorsey does not play against the Cardinals, Edwards indicated his timetable for return is ahead of that of their other first-round draft pick, offensive tackle Branden Albert.
Albert, who has a sprained foot and is on crutches, might not play at all in the preseason.
“I’m hoping he will but I don’t know that yet,” Edwards said. “It’s all about how fast he can heal. We don’t know about him because he’s never been hurt. It’s all new to him.”

| Adam Teicher, ateicher@kcstar.com (ateicher@kcstar.com)

CoMoChief
08-04-2008, 07:38 AM
Albert, obviously is a bigger concern than Dorsey's injury.

El Jefe
08-04-2008, 07:38 AM
Man both of our top picks hurt, that sucks.

kepp
08-04-2008, 07:46 AM

Absolutely. The term "sprained foot" scares me. Didn't they say LJ's foot was sprained at first?

KCJohnny
08-04-2008, 07:48 AM

Yes, Albert's foot is a HUGE concern, but with Glen in the middle and our speedy new DBs and new LB, we can win some ugly bucball games....

Anyway, its all about 2009, right?

Otter
08-04-2008, 07:51 AM

Are you kidding? This is grade A, legitimate "why we suck" material!

RibKing67
08-04-2008, 07:58 AM
Absolutely. The term "sprained foot" scares me. Didn't they say LJ's foot was sprained at first?

I believe HIPPA has somethng to say about what injury LJ had and I am not going to risk talking about Alberts' injury. My God cant we respect HIPPA around here anymore.

KCJohnny
08-04-2008, 09:31 AM
Chiefs nation is in sad shape. This post immediatley sank to the bottom even tho it has good football news.

You goobers deserve your misery.

Monty
08-04-2008, 09:32 AM

It does, but I'd much rather see this happen during the Pre-Season as opposed to later in the year.

KCUnited
08-04-2008, 09:45 AM
Chiefs nation is in sad shape. This post immediatley sank to the bottom even tho it has good football news.

You goobers deserve your misery.

Could be because it was reported yesterday.

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=188384

KCJohnny
08-04-2008, 09:50 AM
Could be because it was reported yesterday.

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=188384

I'm in Korea (US Army) when I find out is when I find out...

Ebolapox
08-04-2008, 10:00 AM
I believe HIPPA has somethng to say about what injury LJ had and I am not going to risk talking about Alberts' injury. My God cant we respect HIPPA around here anymore.

most of these people don't even know what hippa is

DaKCMan AP
08-04-2008, 10:04 AM
I'm in Korea (US Army) when I find out is when I find out...

So doesn't that, in effect, make YOU the goober?

RibKing67
08-04-2008, 10:04 AM

I thought King Carl educated everyone last year on the HIPPA matter.

DaKCMan AP
08-04-2008, 10:05 AM

I know that I'm hippa than you. ;)

Rausch
08-04-2008, 10:07 AM
I thought King Carl educated everyone last year on the HIPPA matter.

He did.

And before leaving he also complimented the wife on her choice of throw rugs in the livingroom...

el borracho
08-04-2008, 10:12 AM
It does, but I'd much rather see this happen during the Pre-Season as opposed to later in the year.

Hmmm, I don't know about that. Preseason is all about teaching and trying new things; once the season begins there is a lot less time for instruction. Obviously I wouldn't wish for any injury but, given the choice, I might have wished it to come later in the year.

modocsot
08-04-2008, 10:32 AM

Probably not HIPPA... HIPAA, maybe. ;)

Reerun_KC
08-04-2008, 12:04 PM
Anyway, its all about 2010, right?

New GM and Coach, Life will be sweet!

Gonzo
08-04-2008, 12:10 PM
Whew....
Now we'll be good. Print Em!

chagrin
08-04-2008, 01:27 PM

This can only happen to f*cking KC, two Rd 1's in a week

FAX
08-04-2008, 01:36 PM
Sure it sucks. A lot of our players suck. Our HC sucks. Our training and conditioning staff sucks. The ticket, parking, and beer prices suck. Our special teams suck. Dick Curl sucks. Carl sucks. But, unless we want to turn into a bunch of whiny complainers with nothing better to do than bitch about how we haven't won a playoff game since before the invention of the personal computer, the microwave oven, and Tang, we just need to get over it.

FAX

JuicesFlowing
08-04-2008, 01:40 PM
Hmmm, I don't know about that. Preseason is all about teaching and trying new things; once the season begins there is a lot less time for instruction. Obviously I wouldn't wish for any injury but, given the choice, I might have wished it to come later in the year.

I agree with you there. I just hope it's not one of those pesky re-occurring injuries ...