PDA

View Full Version : Life The official "Life's a Bitch" thread

luv
08-04-2008, 08:05 PM
Well, after dealing with getting over an ex and making sure he's paying joint bills, I decide to just focus on my job for awhile. I know it well, and I'm good at it. Should mean a little less stress while I get me and my life back into focus.

We had a meeting today, and the portion of the company that I'm a part of has been sold. Luckily, it will be in Springfield. Unluckily, there are only so many spots available at the new company. While I know that I will still have a job, I don't know what I'll be doing or if I'll have to take a subtantial paycut.

So much for less stress.

UPDATE: I just got offered a new position with the original company. I'll be able to stay where I'm at!! I'm now part of the technical support group. I'll be learning how to import and export data, etc. Kinda nervous, but so thankful for the opportunity.

TinyEvel
08-04-2008, 08:15 PM
Should this have been a "prayer request?"

Hope it's not at that point. Hang in there and keep all professional relationships in good shape and remain as valuable as you can.

Good luck.

luv
08-04-2008, 08:21 PM
Should this have been a "prayer request?"

Hope it's not at that point. Hang in there and keep all professional relationships in good shape and remain as valuable as you can.

Good luck.

I'm trying to keep a positive outlook. I really am. My knowledge of the original company, its processes, etc is very valuble. The job I'm currently doing is covered by three different departments at the new place, plus I just took on more responsibility at the original company. I just don't know what's going to be available for me at the new place. I'm smart, I learn quickly, I'm good at what I do, and I have excellent attendance. There's still that part of me that scared shitless of going under financially. I don't need prayer. I just need to keep my act together, be impressive, and hope for the best.

I hope it will end up being a smooth transition. This just came at a time when I was looking for some stability and security. BAM! The floor falls out from under me again.

Joie
08-04-2008, 08:30 PM
You've been there a long time, recently got a promotion and are good at your job. You'll be fine. Just have faith, luv.

Phobia
08-04-2008, 08:33 PM
Company buyouts don't typically cut salaries - it's horrible for morale. They'd rather cut ties completely. So I wouldn't sweat a reduced salary. I know I probably didn't help much but at least you shouldn't have to worry about them coming in and asking you to take a substantial pay-cut.

StcChief
08-04-2008, 09:05 PM
If you done several jobs in company, likely valuable at least for awhile, if you get to train new folks be leary about long term if you make a lot more.

Phobia
08-04-2008, 09:20 PM
If you done several jobs in company, likely valuable at least for awhile, if you get to train new folks be leary about long term if you make a lot more.
If they asked me to train new people my entire job I'd quit on the spot and charge them $100 an hour consulting. I've never trained my replacement except in a promotion. I never will.

luv
08-04-2008, 09:54 PM

They're going over our processes and reviewing their own. No one is coming in to replace me. I will physically be moving locations, and I'll be starting in their company. Essentially, I'm the one who will need to be trained.

luv
08-12-2008, 05:23 PM
Sometimes, when life's a bitch, you have to be a bitch to whomever gets in your way of making things better. No more playing friendly with the ex. He doesn't pony up.....well, I refuse to let him ruin me.

As for the job? If I'm not supervising 24/7 (and no longer have a company blackberry connected to my hip), then I can now get a second job if I have to.

My life WILL get back to normal.

blueballs
08-12-2008, 05:30 PM
Simply Red is available
you can share the same body care products
and you're automatically a niner

tommykat
08-12-2008, 06:35 PM
Well, after dealing with getting over an ex and making sure he's paying joint bills, I decide to just focus on my job for awhile. I know it well, and I'm good at it. Should mean a little less stress while I get me and my life back into focus.

We had a meeting today, and the portion of the company that I'm a part of has been sold. Luckily, it will be in Springfield. Unluckily, there are only so many spots available at the new company. While I know that I will still have a job, I don't know what I'll be doing or if I'll have to take a subtantial paycut.

So much for less stress.
You so bustedLMAO Didn't u go to Vegas with someone while he did his thing? Sorry Luv, but in all do respect you both were wrong.

luv
08-12-2008, 07:15 PM
You so bustedLMAO Didn't u go to Vegas with someone while he did his thing? Sorry Luv, but in all do respect you both were wrong.

Yes. I went to Vegas with an old "friend". To say goodbye. To completely cut ties. Why? Because I fell for a dipshit who chose to be with a white trash 17 year old girl who lives off the government.

Yes, I share about my life, but not all of it. Anything else that's none of your business knowing or sharing that you'd like to put out there for discussion?

I'm glad you're able to laugh at someone else having a hard time whenever you boohoo about yours.

Hammock Parties
08-12-2008, 07:17 PM
Cucumber.

StcChief
08-12-2008, 08:25 PM
Cucumber.or Zuchini they are coming in well now.

Hammock Parties
08-12-2008, 08:25 PM
Squash

Fish
08-12-2008, 08:34 PM
If they asked me to train new people my entire job I'd quit on the spot and charge them $100 an hour consulting. I've never trained my replacement except in a promotion. I never will.

Pimpin ain't easy........

RJ
08-12-2008, 09:27 PM
I made a nice eggplant/mushroom pasta sauce tonight.

Buehler445
08-12-2008, 09:36 PM
Head up luv. The sun will come up tomorrow. Then you can begin to take over the world.

cdcox
08-12-2008, 09:49 PM
Best wishes, luv. Sorry you are going though this difficult time. From my experience, life is full of these cycles where things are going your way and then not so much. You'll pull through this rough patch.

Demonpenz
08-12-2008, 10:38 PM
When I get down, i remind myself, I google "how to get rid of the blues" then I look at what I have, health, how good I phyiscally feel, and that I live in America where you can do most the stuff you want. Then I remind myself that I will die at some point, and I don't want to be like, wow I was so ****ing moopy.... now I am dead

Phobia
08-12-2008, 10:42 PM
Yeah - you don't have it too bad, Luv. One of my workers fell off a ladder today. She'll be out for a long time. In this industry, if you aren't workin you aren't eatin. I'll do what I can to help her but she'll probably get evicted.

wutamess
08-12-2008, 10:46 PM
Yeah - you don't have it too bad, Luv. One of my workers fell off a ladder today. She'll be out for a long time. In this industry, if you aren't workin you aren't eatin. I'll do what I can to help her but she'll probably get evicted.

Mr. Montgomery Burns?
What'd you call me for?

teedubya
08-12-2008, 10:46 PM
damn that sucks, Phil. My father in law fell off his a couple weeks ago. ****ing ladders!!!

Phobia
08-12-2008, 10:55 PM
Mr. Montgomery Burns?
What'd you call me for?
We had "8". I was hoping basketball got rained out.

J Diddy
08-12-2008, 11:03 PM
you remind me of the cartoon cathy

wutamess
08-12-2008, 11:05 PM
We had "8". I was hoping basketball got rained out.

You played with 8 all night?

Phobia
08-12-2008, 11:08 PM
You played with 8 all night?

Nah - we had one show up late and we picked up a scrub from another team. That second game was the best of the season. We came from 6 down, tied it to force extra innings, and then held on for the win. Great times.

Skip Towne
08-12-2008, 11:15 PM
Luv, you should look around for something else. That company is just too schizo. Call headhunters and look for something similar to what you are doing. Put the ball back in their court and start playing offense instead of defense.

btlook1
08-13-2008, 02:41 AM
Luv, you should look around for something else. That company is just too schizo. Call headhunters and look for something similar to what you are doing. Put the ball back in their court and start playing offense instead of defense.

Yea what the older gentleman said....Good luck!

The Bad Guy
08-13-2008, 04:55 AM
Yes. I went to Vegas with an old "friend". To say goodbye. To completely cut ties. Why? Because I fell for a dipshit who chose to be with a white trash 17 year old girl who lives off the government.

Yes, I share about my life, but not all of it. Anything else that's none of your business knowing or sharing that you'd like to put out there for discussion?

I'm glad you're able to laugh at someone else having a hard time whenever you boohoo about yours.

Way to stand up for yourself.

I really don't understand what you going to Vegas with an old friend has to do with some asshole trying to ruin your credit, and worrying about your job.

Seems like a ****ing lame attempt to say you deserved such things.

08-13-2008, 05:14 AM

SMACK:thumb:

Rain Man
08-13-2008, 05:16 AM
Head up luv. The sun will come up tomorrow. Then you can begin to take over the world.

Bet your bottom dollar that tomorrowwwww, there'll be sunnnnn.

chagrin
08-13-2008, 05:17 AM
or Zuchini they are coming in well now.

LMAO

Are you enjoying them?

Braincase
08-13-2008, 05:31 AM
When I get down, and start feeling blue, I start mailing white-powder-filled envelopes to government officials with a return address in Naperville, Illinois with a Mizzou sticker on the back to seal it. I have made sure they're the same model used to threaten the Orange Bowl selection committee from an anonymous source last year.

It just kind of warms up my day.

Rain Man
08-13-2008, 05:34 AM
Tomorrow!
Tomorrow!
I love ya
Tomorrow!
You're always
A day
Away!

(Bows and leaves the thread.)

Rain Man
08-13-2008, 06:02 AM
Okay, okay. One encore for you.

I am the very model of a modern Major-General,
I've information vegetable, animal, and mineral,
I know the kings of England, and I quote the fights historical
From Marathon to Waterloo, in order categorical;
I'm very well acquainted, too, with matters mathematical,
I understand equations, both the simple and quadratical,
About binomial theorem I'm teeming with a lot o' news,
With many cheerful facts about the square of the hypotenuse.
I'm very good at integral and differential calculus;
I know the scientific names of beings animalculous:
In short, in matters vegetable, animal, and mineral,
I am the very model of a modern Major-General.
I know our mythic history, King Arthur's and Sir Caradoc's;
I answer hard acrostics, I've a pretty taste for paradox,
I quote in elegiacs all the crimes of Heliogabalus,
In conics I can floor peculiarities parabolous;
I can tell undoubted Raphaels from Gerard Dows and Zoffanies,
I know the croaking chorus from The Frogs of Aristophanes!
Then I can hum a fugue of which I've heard the music's din afore,
And whistle all the airs from that infernal nonsense Pinafore.
Then I can write a washing bill in Babylonic cuneiform,
And tell you ev'ry detail of Caractacus' uniform:
In short, in matters vegetable, animal, and mineral,
In fact, when I know what is meant by "mamelon" and "ravelin",
When I can tell at sight a Mauser rifle from a javelin,
When such affairs as sorties and surprises I'm more wary at,
And when I know precisely what is meant by "commissariat",
When I have learnt what progress has been made in modern gunnery,
When I know more of tactics than a novice in a nunnery—
In short, when I've a smattering of elemental strategy—
You'll say a better Major-General has never sat a-gee.
For my military knowledge, though I'm plucky and adventury,
Has only been brought down to the beginning of the century;
But still, in matters vegetable, animal, and mineral,

Saulbadguy
08-13-2008, 06:43 AM
The only thing in life that you can control are your own actions. You should probably get a mentor of some sort because it seems you make lots of bad decisions. And no, you probably shouldn't pose every life question and concern you have to the bulletin board. I think they hire out mentors, but I don't know where to look for one.

Skip Towne
08-13-2008, 06:47 AM
When I get dow, and start feeling blue, I start mailing white-powder-filled envelopes to government officials with a return address in Naperville, Illinois with a Mizzou sticker on the back to seal it. I have made sure they're the same model used to threaten the Orange Bowl selection committee from an anonymous source last year.

:LOL:

BigRedChief
08-13-2008, 07:03 AM
The only thing in life that you can control are your own actions. You should probably get a mentor of some sort because it seems you make lots of bad decisions. And no, you probably shouldn't pose every life question and concern you have to the bulletin board. I think they hire out mentors, but I don't know where to look for one.
JEEZZZ, I was the poster boy for bad decision making before I was 26. I finally decided to become an adult. So I know how people feel in their teens and early 20's abotu what the hell to do with their life. Been there done that.

I've been fired, laid off, quit, downsized etc but something always turns up. And the next job is almost always better than the last one.

Keep your head up Luv.

MOhillbilly
08-13-2008, 07:17 AM
why dont you just move to KC luv?

Saulbadguy
08-13-2008, 07:52 AM
JEEZZZ, I was the poster boy for bad decision making before I was 26. I finally decided to become an adult. So I know how people feel in their teens and early 20's abotu what the hell to do with their life. Been there done that.

I've been fired, laid off, quit, downsized etc but something always turns up. And the next job is almost always better than the last one.

Keep your head up Luv.

I don't think she is in her early 20's.

Fairplay
08-13-2008, 08:04 AM
Hang in there luv.

HemiEd
08-13-2008, 08:26 AM
When I get down, and start feeling blue, I start mailing white-powder-filled envelopes to government officials with a return address in Naperville, Illinois with a Mizzou sticker on the back to seal it. I have made sure they're the same model used to threaten the Orange Bowl selection committee from an anonymous source last year.

LMAO, oh crap.

BigRedChief
08-13-2008, 08:28 AM
I don't think she is in her early 20's.
I'm still not a believer at any age of kicking someone when they are down. But maybe thats just me?:hmmm:

dirk digler
08-13-2008, 08:33 AM

Wow nice to stand up for yourself.

Anyway how long did you go out with this guy and is this the guy from Chicago or wherever?

I am sorry to hear about your tough time but things will straighten out and you will find a nice guy to make you happy.

Demonpenz
08-13-2008, 08:38 AM
I don't believe in cliche's. I believe in advice and action.

MOhillbilly
08-13-2008, 08:47 AM
I don't believe in cliche's. I believe in advice and action.

cliches are there for a reason. mostly cause they are true. Aint braggin if its true.

Demonpenz
08-13-2008, 08:49 AM
cliches are there for a reason. mostly cause they are true. Aint braggin if its true.

People have been posting the same responses for three years or more on luv's threads. Something isn't working.

Saulbadguy
08-13-2008, 08:55 AM
I'm still not a believer at any age of kicking someone when they are down. But maybe thats just me?:hmmm:

I'm trying to help - I was being serious with the mentor thing. She's posted many of her very poor financial and life decisions on this board. But I suppose that could be interpreted as kicking someone while they are down, but in some cases people need to hit rock bottom before they start to scratch their way back up.

MOhillbilly
08-13-2008, 08:57 AM
People have been posting the same responses for three years or more on luv's threads. Something isn't working.

some people gotta grind all the grist.

;)

Bearcat
08-13-2008, 09:03 AM

I agree... I'm always looking for my next job, even if it's just checking up on a few companies once every few weeks. Get a list of companies in Springfield (wikipedia) and check out their websites to see what's out there. It's definitely worth the small amount of time each week... even if it works out with your current company, you never know when you'll need a new job.

Demonpenz
08-13-2008, 09:07 AM
some people gotta grind all the grist.

;)

walked into that one

Fairplay
08-13-2008, 09:08 AM
People have been posting the same responses for three years or more on luv's threads.

I need to get my post count up is my excuse..

Jilly
08-13-2008, 11:08 AM
I know it's a struggle and I don't mean be little that, Luv, but at least you didn't lose your job all together. That's quite a blessing in today's economy. I've had three members of the church lose their jobs in a matter of weeks and are having a heck of a time finding new ones. So yeah, there's some changes ahead for you, but at least you still have an income. And I don't know the story about the ex....but words from a Say Anything come to mind,

JOE: Lloyd, man, no babe is worth it. Yo, hang with us man. We'll teach you Bibles full of truth.
DENNY: Man, all you gotta do is find a girl that looks just like her, nail her, and then dump her, man. Get her off your mind.
MARK: Your only mistake is that you didnt dump her first. Diane Court is a show pony. You need a stallion, my friend. Walk with us, and you walk tall.
LUKE: Bitches, man.
DENNY: Somebody better get that kid a condom.
LUKE: Yo dudes, I gotta bail.

luv
08-13-2008, 11:54 AM

Not everyone is as smart as you. I'm sure you've figured that out. I own up to the decisions I make in life. I just seem to be going through a spell where it seems like things are happening to me instead of me making things happen. Yes, I was incredibly stupid for the financial decisions I made while I was with this guy, but I'm also paying for them. I was getting my emotions out of the way and making headway with putting things together, then my company decides to sell me. I didn't ask for that. That wasn't a decision I made.

For the most part, I'm not one who makes bad choices. I'm unlucky in the relationship department. I share that here in order to 1) see if anyone's been in a similar situation, and 2) it is entertainment value for some here. Don't feel sorry for me, oh wise one. I don't need your pity. I just needed to vent. You can continue to look down your nose to me like you always do. Just think, if I didn't post my idiotic stories and situations, you'd be picking on someone else who might actually take it to heart.

luv
08-13-2008, 12:08 PM
I know it's a struggle and I don't mean be little that, Luv, but at least you didn't lose your job all together. That's quite a blessing in today's economy. I've had three members of the church lose their jobs in a matter of weeks and are having a heck of a time finding new ones. So yeah, there's some changes ahead for you, but at least you still have an income. And I don't know the story about the ex....but words from a Say Anything come to mind,

JOE: Lloyd, man, no babe is worth it. Yo, hang with us man. We'll teach you Bibles full of truth.
DENNY: Man, all you gotta do is find a girl that looks just like her, nail her, and then dump her, man. Get her off your mind.
MARK: Your only mistake is that you didnt dump her first. Diane Court is a show pony. You need a stallion, my friend. Walk with us, and you walk tall.
LUKE: Bitches, man.
DENNY: Somebody better get that kid a condom.
LUKE: Yo dudes, I gotta bail.

I definitely don't mean to make it seem like I've got it harder than someone else. I know I'm better off than a lot of people. I just tend to worry when it comes to finances, and taking a huge cut in pay didn't help whenever I was trying to figure out how to keep up with bills with the added expenses. I feel for anyone who has to look for a job. I always hated jobhunting. I was going to be so proud to say that I'd been with my company for 10 years in November. While I do have a job, I will basically be starting over. It was just a little much to swallow as it happened.

Saulbadguy
08-13-2008, 12:09 PM
Not everyone is as smart as you. I'm sure you've figured that out. I own up to the decisions I make in life. I just seem to be going through a spell where it seems like things are happening to me instead of me making things happen. Yes, I was incredibly stupid for the financial decisions I made while I was with this guy, but I'm also paying for them. I was getting my emotions out of the way and making headway with putting things together, then my company decides to sell me. I didn't ask for that. That wasn't a decision I made.

For the most part, I'm not one who makes bad choices. I'm unlucky in the relationship department. I share that here in order to 1) see if anyone's been in a similar situation, and 2) it is entertainment value for some here. Don't feel sorry for me, oh wise one. I don't need your pity. I just needed to vent. You can continue to look down your nose to me like you always do. Just think, if I didn't post my idiotic stories and situations, you'd be picking on someone else who might actually take it to heart.

YOU are making the bad choices - bad luck is bad luck, but don't try and go blaming any part of your problems on bad luck. Plus, all of your decisions are related to one another some how. You made the decision to stay with the company when you knew ahead of time they were looking to sell, if I recall correctly. I don't feel sorry for you, but I just wonder if you would listen to the people on this board once in awhile, would you be in the same situation you are in now?

luv
08-13-2008, 12:14 PM
YOU are making the bad choices - bad luck is bad luck, but don't try and go blaming any part of your problems on bad luck. Plus, all of your decisions are related to one another some how. You made the decision to stay with the company when you knew ahead of time they were looking to sell, if I recall correctly. I don't feel sorry for you, but I just wonder if you would listen to the people on this board once in awhile, would you be in the same situation you are in now?

I had just gotten a raise at work a month ago. We had been acquired by a different company in the past, but nothing changed where we were at. My boss told me that our portion of the company had been sold about 4 hours before they announced it to everyone as a whole. You honestly think I wouldn't have already been job hunting if I'd known in advance that I'd be taking a big cut in pay? My god, you must think I'm a complete moron. No wonder you treat me the way you do.

Bugeater
08-13-2008, 12:50 PM
I just seem to be going through a spell where it seems like things are happening to me instead of me making things happen.

Heh, I know that feeling all too well. I've been going thru one of those spells for 3 years, hopefully yours doesn't last as long.

Just because someone makes what turns out to be the wrong choice doesn't necessarily mean it was a bad decision. No one knows what the future holds. Lord knows there's a few decisions I'd like have back, but at the time I made them I felt they were the right thing to do based on the information I had at the time.

Redrum_69
08-13-2008, 12:59 PM
Just because someone makes what turns out to be the wrong choice doesn't necessarily mean it was a bad decision. No one knows what the future holds. Lord knows there's a few decisions I'd like have back, but at the time I made them I felt they were the right thing to do based on the information I had at the time.

grape gatorade is a helluva drug

Rausch
08-13-2008, 01:01 PM
grape gatorade is a helluva drug

This post is like Bobby Brown saying Red Bull pumps him up like nohting before...

sedated
08-13-2008, 01:03 PM
Just because someone makes what turns out to be the wrong choice doesn't necessarily mean it was a bad decision.

so you would consider co-signing a loan for a guy you've just started dating a "good choice gone bad"?

Saulbadguy
08-13-2008, 01:39 PM
so you would consider co-signing a loan for a guy you've just started dating a "good choice gone bad"?

Yeah - you should probably do something about that, like now.

Redrum_69
08-13-2008, 01:50 PM
theres always endelt....

Fairplay
08-13-2008, 02:08 PM
I'm listening and nodding my head in a agreement with you luv.

Jilly
08-13-2008, 02:09 PM
I definitely don't mean to make it seem like I've got it harder than someone else. I know I'm better off than a lot of people. I just tend to worry when it comes to finances, and taking a huge cut in pay didn't help whenever I was trying to figure out how to keep up with bills with the added expenses. I feel for anyone who has to look for a job. I always hated jobhunting. I was going to be so proud to say that I'd been with my company for 10 years in November. While I do have a job, I will basically be starting over. It was just a little much to swallow as it happened.

of course it is, but maybe it will be a blessing in disguise...one can only hope I guess.

Bugeater
08-13-2008, 02:09 PM

Heh, I wasn't aware that she did that, obviously I haven't been paying close enough attention. If we're talking about that specifically then no, that's usually not a good idea, it sounds like she made a decision with her heart instead of her head and that will burn you nearly every time. Although I'm not going to pile on her for that as I learned that lesson many times the hard way myself.

phisherman
08-13-2008, 02:12 PM
well, saul's never made a bad decision in his life.

or at least one that he told the planet about.

little jacob
08-13-2008, 02:16 PM

nobody should EVER cosign a loan for ANYONE. i would not cosign a loan for my best friend, my child, my parents, the old lady's parents, no one.

if they did not already have a long history of not being trustworthy in finance they wouldn't have to be asking for a cosigner. a bank with millions and millions in financial backing won't trust them with a few thousand bucks. why would a person with little or no financial backing assume the risk if Bank of America won't??

if you cosign a loan, you should just assume that you're going to have to pay all of that balance off.

Saulbadguy
08-13-2008, 02:16 PM
well, saul's never made a bad decision in his life.

or at least one that he told the planet about.

:rolleyes:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=116258&

MOhillbilly
08-13-2008, 02:20 PM
nobody should EVER cosign a loan for ANYONE. i would not cosign a loan for my best friend, my child, my parents, the old lady's parents, no one.

if they did not already have a long history of not being trustworthy in finance they wouldn't have to be asking for a cosigner. a bank with millions and millions in financial backing won't trust them with a few thousand bucks. why would a person with little or no financial backing assume the risk if Bank of America won't??

if you cosign a loan, you should just assume that you're going to have to pay all of that balance off.

**** that. i dont wanna take a home loan out on my house ever. so my uncle cosighns for me every 10 years or so when i need to make repairs to the farm or buy something i want.

id ****ing die before id live with the shame of not paying the loan off.

Saulbadguy
08-13-2008, 02:21 PM
**** that. i dont wanna take a home loan out on my house ever. so my uncle cosighns for me every 10 years or so when i need to make repairs to the farm or buy something i want.

id ****ing die before id live with the shame of not paying the loan off.
Helps to have a fairly wealthy uncle.

little jacob
08-13-2008, 02:21 PM
there are plenty of people though who don't have shame.

seclark
08-13-2008, 02:22 PM

i've cosigned for loans for each of my 3kids. 2 auto loans, and 1 motorcycle. no problems. of course, i knew they had jobs and were able to pay the loans, which they did.
sec

Sure-Oz
08-13-2008, 02:28 PM
i've cosigned for loans for each of my 3kids. 2 auto loans, and 1 motorcycle. no problems. of course, i knew they had jobs and were able to pay the loans, which they did.
sec

Plus they are your kids, and you'd probably beat them senslessly if they weren't responsible, hell thats what id do :P

Sure-Oz
08-13-2008, 02:29 PM
As for co-signing a loan with a newer "bf" stupid....gf and i didnt talk about each others money expenses or deciding to do much together until almost 2 years. Save that shit for when you're married hehe...

Bugeater
08-13-2008, 02:36 PM

if they did not already have a long history of not being trustworthy in finance they wouldn't have to be asking for a cosigner.

Eh, there's exceptions, it depends on the circumstances. For instance, shortly after my wife and I got married I impregnated her, and due to complications with the pregnancy we were left with a substantial amount of medical bills that insurance did not cover. This came after her being off work bed ridden for six months when we were minus her income, plus our health insurance premiums doubled during that time period. So naturally we started out in a deep hole, and we couldn't satisfy our debtors as quickly as they wished so our credit took a nasty hit right off the bat. Luckily for us we already had a home and decent vehicles so we were able get by without credit for many years, but if we had needed a loan for a car or something else we would've probably needed a cosigner, and it wouldn't have had anything to do with our lack of trustworthiness.

But yes, as a general rule it's a risky proposition, and no one should ever do it if paying off the loan themselves is going to cause financial hardship.

seclark
08-13-2008, 02:37 PM
As for co-signing a loan with a newer "bf" stupid....gf and i didnt talk about each others money expenses or deciding to do much together until almost 2 years. Save that shit for when you're married hehe...

agreed...my post referred to little jacob saying no to any cosigned loans. i know for a fact i'd have never got a loan and started a good credit rating if someone(my father) wouldn't have cosigned for my first loan.
sec

FAX
08-13-2008, 02:38 PM
It's a tough call, really. I've personally guaranteed several loans in the past - for a couple of employees and two friends. One person was flipping houses and the other guy had medical issues. I don't have a philosophical problem with it even though I once had to take up some slack for a buddy who fell behind. Sometimes people need a little assistance and, when I'm not insulting people for grins, I don't mind helping if the circumstances are right.

Having said that, I would have to know the person pretty damn well. It would be extremely uncomfortable, for example, to discuss co-signing a note for a girl I just started dating. I mean, if you decline, I'm pretty sure the relationship would be over. I can hear it now; "You don't trust me?". Oh, my God. Then, on the other hand, it could well turn out to be the most expensive sex you ever had. Those aren't particularly good options unless it's Gillian or Salma or somebody.

FAX

little jacob
08-13-2008, 02:41 PM
i still wouldn't do it. if my daughter can't afford a new car she shouldn't be buying a new car. she should be buying a junker like i drove when i was 17 until she can afford something new. Or, I would be better off just giving her money to put toward a new car.

if you cosign a loan for someone else for a car for example, the lender will not tell you when the person pays every payment late, but your credit score will get lower every month from the late payments. even if you notice that, there is nothing you can do to make them sell the car, because you don't own it. you just agreed to pay for it.

the bank will not tell you before they repo a car but you will get a repossession on your credit, so forget about getting any loans yourself for 7 years or so. the bank will however come and make you pay the difference between the loan balance and the price they got for the car at auction. so after all these black marks on your credit, you will still have to pay the loan off anyway.

seclark
08-13-2008, 02:49 PM
i still wouldn't do it. if my daughter can't afford a new car she shouldn't be buying a new car. she should be buying a junker like i drove when i was 17 until she can afford something new.

if you cosign a loan for someone else for a car for example, the lender will not tell you when the person pays every payment late, but your credit score will get lower every month from the late payments. even if you notice that, there is nothing you can do to make them sell the car, because you don't own it. you just agreed to pay for it.

the bank will not tell you before they repo a car but you will get a repossession on your credit, so forget about getting any loans yourself for 7 years or so. the bank will however come and make you pay the difference between the loan balance and the price they got for the car at auction. so after all these black marks on your credit, you will still have to pay the loan off anyway.

that's cool...i understand.
what i'm saying is sometime in life, you're going to have to take out that first loan. and if you've never taken out a loan before, you're probably going to have to have a cosigner. if it's my kid, i'll go ahead and take the chance.
sec

Sure-Oz
08-13-2008, 02:51 PM
what i'm saying is sometime in life, you're going to have to take out that first loan. and if you've never taken out a loan before, you're probably going to have to have a cosigner. if it's my kid, i'll go ahead and take the chance.
sec

My parents did that for my first car as well...they knew i wouldnt **** up

little jacob
08-13-2008, 02:53 PM
sec

well even quite a few years ago when I was working summer jobs you could make several thousand dollars in just one summer. that would buy a car today, not just back then. what is wrong with them working and saving money instead of teaching them to live on credit at the very max they can afford and more, right out of the financial womb?

bogey
08-13-2008, 03:03 PM
well even quite a few years ago when I was working summer jobs you could make several thousand dollars in just one summer. that would buy a car today, not just back then. what is wrong with them working and saving money instead of teaching them to live on credit at the very max they can afford and more, right out of the financial womb?

Everyone has different philosophies. When I was a young pup all I could afford were $500.00 clunker cars. I'd drive them till they stopped running. When I had finally had enough, and wanted a better car, my Dad co-signed for the loan. I had never had any debt so I didn't have a credit rating and I couldn't get a loan on my own name. To this day, I still have a lot of gratitude and respect for my Dad because he trusted me enough to help me out. When my daughter gets to the point that she needs my help, I will gladly do it. I think I'll get as much out of it as she will.

luv
08-13-2008, 03:17 PM

No, it was a bad decision. I knew it even as I did it. I let myself fall too hard too fast. And I'm also more trusting than I need to be. People can tell you shit until they're blue in the face. Until you go out and make the stupid mistake for yourself, you just don't learn. I spent my whole life learning from my older brother's mistakes. Guess I just needed to make a few of my own.

bogey
08-13-2008, 03:22 PM
No, it was a bad decision. I knew it even as I did it. I let myself fall too hard too fast. And I'm also more trusting than I need to be. People can tell you shit until they're blue in the face. Until you go out and make the stupid mistake for yourself, you just don't learn. I spent my whole life learning from my older brother's mistakes. Guess I just needed to make a few of my own.

We all make mistakes. I once loaned my oldest brother $500.00. It took years to get that back. My wife never lets me forget it.

luv
08-13-2008, 03:22 PM
Two rules my dad always hammered into my head.

1. Never co-sign.
2. Never borrow against your retirement.

Well, I guess he tried to hammer into my head.

He was the hardest person to tell this to. I knew what he would say before he said it. What surprised me was what he said after "you knew better". He said that most people learn lesson in love the hard way. Mine was just a little pricier. My dad's the best.

luv
08-13-2008, 03:24 PM
We all make mistakes. I once loaned my oldest brother $500.00. It took years to get that back. My wife never lets me forget it.

My credit was good enough to get him $12K worth of loans and a vehicle. I also have a few I took out in just my name. Now, I'm back to where I was 10 years ago on my credit. Trust me, I will never forget. At least not for five years.

bogey
08-13-2008, 03:27 PM
My credit was good enough to get him $12K worth of loans and a vehicle. I also have a few I took out in just my name. Now, I'm back to where I was 10 years ago on my credit. Trust me, I will never forget. At least not for five years.

I not fully up to speed on the story. Is he not making the payments at all?

seclark
08-13-2008, 03:28 PM

nothing's wrong with that...but somewhere in life, chances are you're going to have to get a loan. you can write down everything you've paid for in cash on that loan app, but if you've never taken out and paid off a loan, the lender is probably going to want a cosigner.

i'm no expert on this, outside of the fact that i couldn't get my first loan without a cosigner.
sec

little jacob
08-13-2008, 03:33 PM

i believe it's 7 years actually.

little jacob
08-13-2008, 03:35 PM
nothing's wrong with that...but somewhere in life, chances are you're going to have to get a loan. you can write down everything you've paid for in cash on that loan app, but if you've never taken out and paid off a loan, the lender is probably going to want a cosigner.

i'm no expert on this, outside of the fact that i couldn't get my first loan without a cosigner.
sec

you can build credit history without using big-ticket installment debt.

i am really only in favor of borrowing for a house, but that is just my philosophy.

Sure-Oz
08-13-2008, 03:38 PM
That sucks you fell hard for the guy but you learned your lesson. Never give in to financial shit and if they don't like it tough ****in luck...people should be understanding...

Don't let yourself be put in that situation again, don't fall hard either....give it time, always

luv
08-13-2008, 03:39 PM
i believe it's 7 years actually.

I meant that it will take five years to get paid off. Sucks being tied to someone you wish you'd never met.

little jacob
08-13-2008, 03:44 PM
I meant that it will take five years to get paid off. Sucks being tied to someone you wish you'd never met.

is it a car? why don't you apply some pressure for him to refinance or sell the car and buy a cheaper one he can get a loan for?

you still have a severe amount of exposure... since his credit is already crap it won't hurt him to stop paying tomorrow. that's why reputable lenders won't loan him money to begin with. people can end up in bankruptcy because of this stuff. there may be a bad credit lender who will loan him enough for a beater which it sounds like is all he should be buying.

you can't legally make him do anything with all the stuff he bought because he owns it but i would be trying to get him to take your neck off the chopping block any way possible

luv
08-13-2008, 03:52 PM
I not fully up to speed on the story. Is he not making the payments at all?

He said he's making last month's along with this month's. He's technically defaulted on last month's payment. I could have them repossess it now, and get a head start on rebuilding my credit. However, he owes me other money besides making the car payment, and it's the only way he has to get to work. Otherwise, I'd have the car sold or repo'ed.

MOhillbilly
08-13-2008, 03:54 PM
He said he's making last month's along with this month's. He's technically defaulted on last month's payment. I could have them repossess it now, and get a head start on rebuilding my credit. However, he owes me other money besides making the car payment, and it's the only way he has to get to work. Otherwise, I'd have the car sold or repo'ed.

for a small fee i know someone who will get him in the black w/ intrest.

luv
08-13-2008, 03:55 PM
is it a car? why don't you apply some pressure for him to refinance or sell the car and buy a cheaper one he can get a loan for?

you still have a severe amount of exposure... since his credit is already crap it won't hurt him to stop paying tomorrow. that's why reputable lenders won't loan him money to begin with. people can end up in bankruptcy because of this stuff. there may be a bad credit lender who will loan him enough for a beater which it sounds like is all he should be buying.

you can't legally make him do anything with all the stuff he bought because he owns it but i would be trying to get him to take your neck off the chopping block any way possible

I told him that, if he didn't make the payments, I'd find out what I needed to do to get the car sold. Basically, if he defaults on another payment, I'd have them repossess it or find a way to sell it even against his will. Both of our names are on the title, but mine's listed first. Don't know if that means I have any special rights, but I'll be finding out. I think it was enough to scare him. He started asking me how he was supposed to get to work. I told him he wouldn't have to worry as long as he made the payments.

luv
08-13-2008, 03:56 PM
for a small fee i know someone who will get him in the black w/ intrest.

If he dies, the car gets paid off. :hmmm:

Of course, the same goes for me.

Sure-Oz
08-13-2008, 03:56 PM
I told him that, if he didn't make the payments, I'd find out what I needed to do to get the car sold. Basically, if he defaults on another payment, I'd have them repossess it or find a way to sell it even against his will. Both of our names are on the title, but mine's listed first. Don't know if that means I have any special rights, but I'll be finding out. I think it was enough to scare him. He started asking me how he was supposed to get to work. I told him he wouldn't have to worry as long as he made the payments.

Sounds like a real winner....with tons of excuses and won't amount to shit...tell him to ride a bike, car pool etc

luv
08-13-2008, 03:57 PM
Sounds like a real winner....with tons of excuses and won't amount to shit...tell him to ride a bike, car pool etc

Yeah, he's completely full of shit. I don't believe a word he says until he actually acts on it.

Sure-Oz
08-13-2008, 03:58 PM
I wouldn't give him any benefit of the doubt period, be a hardass about this the whole time.

luv
08-13-2008, 04:00 PM
I wouldn't give him any benefit of the doubt period, be a hardass about this the whole time.

Oh, trust me. I've been riding his ass for the past month. Now, I have to be prepared to act on my words. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned! :evil:

blueballs
08-13-2008, 04:02 PM
sell off your half of the loan to someone who needs a kidney

Sure-Oz
08-13-2008, 04:05 PM
Oh, trust me. I've been riding his ass for the past month. Now, I have to be prepared to act on my words. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned! :evil:
I'm dead serious, the guy obviously doesn't give a shit about you, picture him degrading you in the worst possible way, no ****ing way you take any shit from him or any dude period again unless you're really insecure. Hardass all the way....

little jacob
08-13-2008, 04:07 PM
Yeah, he's completely full of shit. I don't believe a word he says until he actually acts on it.

which is why you should not be doing him any favors or trusting him at all... i would talk to a lawyer about the car. if your name is on the title too you might be able to do something.

he is not trustworthy. he WILL continue to screw you as long as you let him. the mission is to get your name off everything related to him.

i 100% guarantee that you will end up with a repo and credit that is totally annihilated rather than just damaged if you keep trusting this clown

Sure-Oz
08-13-2008, 04:10 PM
which is why you should not be doing him any favors or trusting him at all... i would talk to a lawyer about the car. if your name is on the title too you might be able to do something.

he is not trustworthy. he WILL continue to screw you as long as you let him. the mission is to get your name off everything related to him.

i 100% guarantee that you will end up with a repo and credit that is totally annihilated rather than just damaged if you keep trusting this clown

Exactly...

Midnight_Vulture
08-13-2008, 04:10 PM
luv, maybe you shouldnt of met some strange guy over the internet and you wouldnt of had that problem LOL.

Seriously did you actually think you could meet a trustworthy guy over the net???

little jacob
08-13-2008, 04:13 PM
Exactly...

people like this don't just become shady suddenly. his own mother probably knows better than to leave her purse alone in a room with him.

Rain Man
08-13-2008, 04:16 PM
Side story:

Back when I lived in St. Louis, a friend of mine was looking to buy a house. We were both about 25, and both single, and I like looking at houses, so I went with him to be a second set of eyes.

He had the worst Realtors on the planet, a husband and wife team that had absolutely no interest in him at all. All they wanted to do was sell him a house as fast as possible and make their money. They were horrible, and I kept telling him to fire them, but for some reason he felt like he shouldn't. So we'd go into houses, and you'd see a crack in the foundation with water pouring through it, and they'd say, "Oh, that's not a problem. It's like a fountain." And you'd go into another house and there would be poltergeists flinging axes at you and they'd say, "Once they get used to you, they'll probably stop that." These people were flat-out slimy.

At some point, my friend found a house he liked, and it was a little above his range. They were pushing pushing pushing him to buy it, and he said something like, "I don't think I can even get a loan for that amount, much less make the payments."

The sleazy wife said, "Don't worry about the loan. Just get your friend there to sign for it."

I said, "What?"

She said, "Oh, yeah. You just sign a quit-claim deed, and your friend can get the house."

I said, "I don't think you understand. I'm just tagging along to help him look."

She said, "Don't worry about it. He'll make the payments. You're just signing the loan so he can get approved."

Recall that I was only 25 and didn't know much about this stuff, but even so, that didn't seem like a good idea. I said, "If I sign the loan, I'm presumably responsible for it if he defaults."

She said, "He's your friend. He won't default."

"So I am responsible for it, then."

"Only technically."

This woman proceeded to argue with me that I should sign my friend's MORTGAGE LOAN, and the husband was backing her up. They were so pathetic and dishonest it was laughable.

Rain Man
08-13-2008, 04:18 PM
Luv, if your name is on the title, it's not stealing if you take the car. I'm not sure if he would have to sign the sales paperwork, but you could at least take the car.

sedated
08-13-2008, 04:19 PM
"So I am responsible for it, then."

"Only technically."

ROFL

little jacob
08-13-2008, 04:24 PM
Luv, if your name is on the title, it's not stealing if you take the car. I'm not sure if he would have to sign the sales paperwork, but you could at least take the car.

i think in some states they put "and" or "or" on the title. if it's "or" or if there's nothing then one person might be able to sell it... not sure. i dont have any titles like that.

i think if her name is on the title and the loan both, it's just as much her car as it is his

Bearcat
08-13-2008, 04:35 PM

Don't even let it default. Give him a date, if it's the due date or the day before it's considered late... and tell him you will get it repossessed if it's not paid each month by that date.

I know you're trying to get other money back, too, but it sounds like eventually you'll have to cut your losses.

bogey
08-13-2008, 04:40 PM
You should push and push and push until he gets tired of having you around and then he'll figure out a way to get your name off the loan. I doubt he wants 5 years of a pissed off woman on his back.

Rain Man
By "date", Bearcat doesn't mean "date". He means "date".

Bearcat
Always trust expertlaw.com. It has the word 'expert' in it! :p

http://www.expertlaw.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4241

J Diddy
08-13-2008, 04:51 PM
i think in some states they put "and" or "or" on the title. if it's "or" or if there's nothing then one person might be able to sell it... not sure. i dont have any titles like that.

i think if her name is on the title and the loan both, it's just as much her car as it is his

I ran into that once
my wifes name and mine were there so I needed both signatures to do anything

that's why you always ask for "and/or"

Bugeater
08-13-2008, 06:56 PM
Luv, whatever you do don't let that car get repo'd, when that happens the bank auctions it off, and they don't give a shit what they get for it because you'll be responsible for the difference.

Bugeater
08-13-2008, 07:02 PM
That's not a bad idea, if you have a set of keys to it I'd take it and stash it somewhere. Hell even if you don't have keys you could probably get it towed somewhere. If you're going to take the financial hit from it at least don't give him the pleasure of keeping the car.

Or if nothing else, go rent a car, buy the insurance waiver and drive it into the other car. Make sure you're going really fast to ensure that you total it out. Then the insurance company will pay off the loan for you.

tommykat
08-13-2008, 07:39 PM

Just had to go back and look.....Sheesh I meant no harm. Didn't know anything about your friend other than you got to go to Vegas. If you have a problem with me then call, but never ever post a smartass reply about me boohooing about my life! I am fine. Actually, better than I have been in years. So grow up and have a little respect! I respect you. I didn't know that you can control all Luv. Good for you babe!

Skip Towne
08-13-2008, 08:34 PM
Just had to go back and look.....Sheesh I meant no harm. Didn't know anything about your friend other than you got to go to Vegas. If you have a problem with me then call, but never ever post a smartass reply about me boohooing about my life! I am fine. Actually, better than I have been in years. So grow up and have a little respect! I respect you. I didn't know that you can control all Luv. Good for you babe!
OK, mom

luv
08-13-2008, 08:41 PM
So if you only knew I went to Vegas to have fun gambling with a friend, you think that gave him the free pass to sleep around? That makes no sense.

Having a little respect also means that I share stuff about my life and no one else's. You respect me. I respect you.

little jacob
08-13-2008, 08:46 PM
That's not a bad idea, if you have a set of keys to it I'd take it and stash it somewhere. Hell even if you don't have keys you could probably get it towed somewhere. If you're going to take the financial hit from it at least don't give him the pleasure of keeping the car.

Or if nothing else, go rent a car, buy the insurance waiver and drive it into the other car. Make sure you're going really fast to ensure that you total it out. Then the insurance company will pay off the loan for you.

no offense... but... after ordering the car to be repo-ed... this is the worst advice possible.

Rain Man
08-13-2008, 08:49 PM
no offense... but... after ordering the car to be repo-ed... this is the worst advice possible.

I suspect that, as this thread continues, you'll discover that worse advice is possible.

blueballs
08-13-2008, 08:55 PM
the theme of this thread does not seem to correlate
to the thread title

luv
08-13-2008, 08:57 PM
the theme of this thread does not seem to correlate
to the thread title

New word of the day? :p

little jacob
08-13-2008, 08:58 PM
I suspect that, as this thread continues, you'll discover that worse advice is possible.

perhaps. no one has yet suggested killing him at least.

i set the bar for luv extricating herself from this situation at 'not committing a felony'.

if crimes are permissible, simply forging his signature on the title and selling the car would suffice. at least it would be inconspicuous, or less conspicuous than crashing a rental car into a car that you own at high speed.

heck you can do years in federal for insurance fraud, she may not do any time for forgery.

blueballs
08-13-2008, 09:01 PM
New word of the day? :p

it's a trap
run
run

luv
08-13-2008, 09:05 PM
perhaps. no one has yet suggested killing him at least.

i set the bar for luv extricating herself from this situation at 'not committing a felony'.

if crimes are permissible, simply forging his signature on the title and selling the car would suffice. at least it would be inconspicuous, or less conspicuous than crashing a rental car into a car that you own at high speed.

heck you can do years in federal for insurance fraud, she may not do any time for forgery.

I'm not exactly up for anything that stands me a 1% chance of winding up in jail. Whatever I do will be legal. You can rest assured of that.

Bugeater
08-13-2008, 09:14 PM
Yeah, as if she was going to go right out and do that. :rolleyes: Good lord, feel free to pull the stick out of your ass once in while.

Although I was serious about snagging the car and stashing it. Why should she let him enjoy something he's not paying for?

little jacob
08-14-2008, 05:14 AM
Yeah, as if she was going to go right out and do that. :rolleyes: Good lord, feel free to pull the stick out of your ass once in while.

Although I was serious about snagging the car and stashing it. Why should she let him enjoy something he's not paying for?

I know.

Well, why would he keep paying for the car if he can't drive it? If his credit is zero, what's it matter? He'll just quit paying and the bank will repo it, and she gets hurt, not him.

Cntrygal
08-20-2008, 08:41 PM
Give him antifreeze!

luv
08-21-2008, 10:18 AM
Updated the OP. I'm so happy and soooo relieved!

Finally, an upside! :)

TrebMaxx
08-21-2008, 12:11 PM

Good for you Luv! Hope it all works out for you.

chasedude
08-21-2008, 12:17 PM

Congrats Luv, hope the training for the new position is smooth for you.

JuicesFlowing
08-21-2008, 01:28 PM
So .. it's a "Life's a bitch" thread, but you have a new opportunity ... where's the bitching? I'm confused, but congrats I guess.

J Diddy
08-21-2008, 01:29 PM
glad it worked out for you

Sure-Oz
08-21-2008, 01:31 PM
Whatta ya know good things happen to people who bitch ;)

sedated
08-21-2008, 01:36 PM
So if you only knew I went to Vegas to have fun gambling with a friend, you think that gave him the free pass to sleep around?

wait a minute...what?

this sounds like the juiciest part.

Sure-Oz
08-21-2008, 01:37 PM
wait a minute...what?

Who cares if he's just your "friend" right?! haha

luv
08-21-2008, 02:38 PM
wait a minute...what?

Yes, he was my old friend with benefits. He moved to Colorado, so I hadn't seen him in a year. He was doing some contract work in Vegas and invited me out for a few days. I went. It was the last time we were ever going to see each other. With him not in town, what was the point of staying in touch anymore? He felt weird knowing I had a boyfriend, and I felt guilty "cheating". If I'd known the ex was doing what he was doing, I could have had a MUCH better time.

Iowanian
08-21-2008, 02:52 PM
You should give the guy a pic of claythan stuffing your stinker, just to let him know whats up.

2 with 1 stone....Its destiny anyway. Stop fighting it.

TK giving life advice, and snarling a bout snotty remarks, is kind of like Christopher Reeves bitching at someone for falling off of a horse wrong.

sedated
08-21-2008, 03:14 PM
If I'd known the ex was doing what he was doing, I could have had a MUCH better time.

how did you find out he was cheating while you were in Vegas?

that'll teach you to be faithful.

Bearcat
08-21-2008, 03:21 PM
UPDATE: I just got offered a new position with the original company. I'll be able to stay where I'm at!! I'm now part of the technical support group. I'll be learning how to import and export data, etc. Kinda nervous, but so thankful for the opportunity.

Congratulations!

Hmmm, Planet Bash DD and tech support... we used to have someone like that. We called her Jazzzzzzlvr. Watch out, because tk will start tracking you down for all of her computer problems. ;)

Seriously though, the great thing about tech support is that it's (normally) well documented, so it's easy to catch on.

Bearcat
08-21-2008, 03:25 PM
So .. it's a "Life's a bitch" thread, but you have a new opportunity ... where's the bitching? I'm confused, but congrats I guess.

A few weeks ago it was "Life is a bitch".... now it's "Life was a bitch". A very well thought-out thread title, indeed. :)

Joie
08-21-2008, 03:28 PM
You should give the guy a pic of claythan stuffing your stinker, just to let him know whats up.

2 with 1 stone....Its destiny anyway. Stop fighting it.

TK giving life advice, and snarling a bout snotty remarks, is kind of like Christopher Reeves bitching at someone for falling off of a horse wrong.

Is there a right way to fall off a horse?

Iowanian
08-21-2008, 03:38 PM
Is there a right way to fall off a horse?

Not onto your head.

And the answer is...there IS a right way to fall and a wrong way to fall.

Tuck and roll, tuck and roll.

If I had to explain the joke....the joke should be added to the "fail" category.

luv
08-21-2008, 04:17 PM
how did you find out he was cheating while you were in Vegas?

that'll teach you to be faithful.

I didn't. I found out when I came back and told him who I was with in Vegas. Then he came clean about "kind of one time". I found out a little later that it was more than "kind of", and it was every night I was gone.

And I didn't cheat. Like I said, he felt weird and I felt guilty. We still went out, did stuff (gambled, walked the strip, saw a movie), and I had a good time.

blueballs
08-21-2008, 05:31 PM

You'd make an alcoholic a nice catch