PDA

View Full Version : Science Eclipse from a jet

Silock
08-05-2008, 10:11 AM
Pretty cool. I'd advise muting it, though, unless you want to be exposed to the most excited, overreactive Canadians I've ever heard.

<object width="450" height="370"><param name="movie" value="http://www.liveleak.com/e/04a_1217608584"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.liveleak.com/e/04a_1217608584" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="450" height="370"></embed></object>

Reerun_KC
08-05-2008, 10:12 AM
Damn as a pilot, that is freaking awesome. I have some great pictures, but nothing that freaking sweet!

CanadianChief
08-05-2008, 10:17 AM
What makes you think they're Canadian...eh?

Mr. Plow
08-05-2008, 10:19 AM
I'm not completely, 100% sure....but I'm going out on a limb and saying REPOST.

Mr. Plow
Still cool though.

Direckshun
Don't you burn your eyes if you're looking at a solar eclipse?

Rausch
08-05-2008, 10:21 AM
What makes you think they're Canadian...eh?

There was a pause after that gal cussed like she felt guilty.

That and the pilot...

Ultra Peanut
08-05-2008, 10:25 AM
Don't you burn your eyes if you're looking at a solar eclipse?I once stared at the sun for over an hour. It burned my eyes out!

I guess I was just curious. That's why my friends call me Whiskers.

Redrum_69
08-05-2008, 10:31 AM
Don't you burn your eyes if you're looking at a solar eclipse?

dont stare at muslims either...

CanadianChief
08-05-2008, 10:32 AM
I once stared at the sun for over an hour. It burned my eyes out!

I guess I was just curious. That's why my friends call me Whiskers.

Good stuff.

Would you eat the moon if it were made of spare ribs?

Baby Lee
08-05-2008, 10:42 AM
Repost

Silock
08-05-2008, 10:46 AM
Repost

HOLY SHIT! IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD!

Rausch
08-05-2008, 10:47 AM
dont stare at muslims either...

Every time I take my seat.

I think my proudest moment as an American was when I flew about 6 months after 9/11 and saw some ME people about two rows ahead. Just average people on a plane. Nothing strange.

I looked across the isle at some huge jarhead guy and he just nodded about 4 times.

Silent, instantly understood signal.

"Yeah, should some $3it happen, I'm with you..."

'Nadians look for lunar irregularities. Americans look for backup 2 seconds after boarding...

StcChief
08-05-2008, 11:32 AM
[quote=Rausch;4892334]Every time I take my seat.

I think my proudest moment as an American was when I flew about 6 months after 9/11 and saw some ME people about two rows ahead. Just average people on a plane. Nothing strange.

I looked across the isle at some huge jarhead guy and he just nodded about 4 times.

'Nadians look for lunar irregularities. Americans look for backup 2 seconds after boarding... /quote]

yep. I flew in early 2002 abroad and same thing, look around, find potential problems, identify who's on board if their is an issue.....

Fish
08-05-2008, 11:34 AM

'Nadians look for lunar irregularities. Americans look for backup 2 seconds after boarding...

Your proudest moment as an American was stereotyping some random middle eastern people on a plane?

HypnotizedMonkey
08-05-2008, 11:42 AM
Mercury to the left ay!

Rausch
08-05-2008, 11:47 AM
Your proudest moment as an American was stereotyping some random middle eastern people on a plane?

Yup, that's exactly what I meant.

Ultra Peanut
08-05-2008, 11:55 AM
Good stuff.

Would you eat the moon if it were made of spare ribs?Oh good, I was worried you'd pick the Mad Cow Disease.

I'm a worrier. That's why my friends call me Whiskers.

Reaper16
08-05-2008, 12:02 PM
That's what I got out of it as well.

Rausch
08-05-2008, 12:08 PM
That's what I got out of it as well.

That's a shame...

Reaper16
08-05-2008, 12:16 PM
That's a shame...
I mean, I understand the sense of "we're in this together" and the instinctual desire to protect one's fellow man.

But you said yourself that the couple were average people. There was (or should have been) no reasonable expectation that anything was to go down. To me, the man nodding was showing the kind of fear that the terrorists wanted to instill in him.

Fish
08-05-2008, 12:53 PM
I mean, I understand the sense of "we're in this together" and the instinctual desire to protect one's fellow man.

But you said yourself that the couple were average people. There was (or should have been) no reasonable expectation that anything was to go down. To me, the man nodding was showing the kind of fear that the terrorists wanted to instill in him.

That was my point as well. I understand and appreciate the unspoken connection with the "jarhead". But the fact that you found that necessary to ease your own mind says something more to the fear that has been instilled in us as a society. When someone with a different shade of skin and different style of dress makes you think that defensively, then that tells me that the terrorists are succeeding in something.

Not that you shouldn't be observant or cautious or anything, I just found it an odd example of "American pride", when the situation you're proud of was completely rooted in the fear that the terrorists created.

SPATCH
08-05-2008, 01:02 PM
There's the corona! ROFL

awww, look at that conical shadow. ROFL

Rausch
08-05-2008, 01:06 PM

End of story.

It was a look and a few nods, just in case.

But you said yourself that the couple were average people. There was (or should have been) no reasonable expectation that anything was to go down.

What reason was there to believe any person would coordinate an attack using passenger planes as missiles?

None.

To me the point wasn't that there was some nationality I didn't like sitting there. It was that with a glance it was understood that WE didn't matter as much as the preservation of something bigger. It was a clear understanding between two complete strangers that just by flying as an American I now have some new responsibility and it's possible that it might be asked to own up to it. Of course, probably not.

If no one else will we would, looking at him, there was no doubt he would as well.

It's sounds self-important now but back then one didn't know know if your ride might be the next salvo by a nutjob.

StcChief
08-05-2008, 01:06 PM

But you said yourself that the couple were average people. There was (or should have been) no reasonable expectation that anything was to go down. To me, the man nodding was showing the kind of fear that the terrorists wanted to instill in him.spoken like someone not travelling abroad after 9/11.... :rolleyes: Concern in USA even in local restraunts etc and especially in the Air was very high.....

STFU and STFD unless you really have a clue.

Reaper16
08-05-2008, 01:17 PM
spoken like someone not travelling abroad after 9/11.... :rolleyes: Concern in USA even in local restraunts etc and especially in the Air was very high.....

STFU and STFD unless you really have a clue.
I'd feel safe if I was traveling abroad; America was the target, after all.

Fat Elvis
08-05-2008, 02:50 PM

I think he was trying to point out that you had a booger hanging from your nose.