PDA

View Full Version : Football Radio here in tampa says farve has been traded to bucs

Crashride
08-05-2008, 03:29 PM
News should breaking soon supposedly.

Should be a press conference within the hour.

Mecca
08-05-2008, 03:30 PM
ESPN likely would have been on this by now. Mortensen was just reporting that they were going to talk and that was about it.

blueballs
but it's to haaaaaaaught

Bowser
Huh.

Did the Packers get Plummer in return?

blueballs
08-05-2008, 03:31 PM
garicia to the jets
and then.............

teedubya
08-05-2008, 03:32 PM
Go Bret Favor!!!

BigVE
08-05-2008, 03:32 PM
If true this makes more sense than trading him to the vikes.

Frazod
08-05-2008, 03:33 PM
I just hope he goes somewhere, anywhere. I'm way past sick of this crap.

Sure-Oz
Now Jeff Garthia can hate favre as well

eazyb81
If true this makes more sense than trading him to the vikes.

It would be awesome if the Bucs turned around and traded him to the Vikes.

Sure-Oz
08-05-2008, 03:34 PM

If i were the Vikes i'd get on the phone honestly...

Crashride
They have been talking about it all week here on 620. Supposedly there is tons of reporters at one buc place.

Bowser
BucEyedPea is furiously pleasuring herself to the thought of Favre and Gruden on her team right now.

BigVE

LOL, that would be funny. Keep trading his ass until he gets sick of it and retires...again.

dirk digler
Wow that make the Bucs an instant SB contender

Sure-Oz
Madden 09 will have to be recalled

Mecca

That would be awesome because nothing is better than giving a guy who acts like a whining bitch douchebag exactly what he wants, good message to send.

Bowser
08-05-2008, 03:35 PM

Heh. Nice.

You're an evil bastard, and I have nothing but respect for that.

Mecca
Wow that make the Bucs an instant SB contender

I hope that's a joke...

Spott
He's been traded for John Goodman?

eazyb81
08-05-2008, 03:36 PM
That would be awesome because nothing is better than giving a guy who acts like a whining bitch douchebag exactly what he wants, good message to send.

Why the F would the Bucs care about sending a "message" to Favre if Minny gave them a good return?

Stinger
08-05-2008, 03:36 PM
Thompson, Favre talking trade possibilities
By Lori Nickel
Tuesday, Aug 5 2008, 03:46 PM

A source close to quarterback Brett Favre said that Packers general manager Ted Thompson spent the afternoon at the Favre's Green Bay residence, talking with Favre and his family about trade possibilities.

ESPN's website had a similar report posted. It said Favre told "ESPN's Wendi Nix that he was not going to practice. He said there would be another meeting with his family and Packers general manager Ted Thompson to discuss trade possibilities, in hope of resolving the situation."

ESPN said the meeting ended 2:45 p.m. local time.

Update: Thompson did show up to practice. It is also believed that Packers team president Mark Murphy also attended the meeting at the Favre household.

ESPN is now reporting that trade talks with Tampa Bay are heating up. Here's a line from their latest story:

"A source involved in the discussions told ESPN's Ed Werder that Favre is talking to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers about a possible trade there."

Another source close to Favre also confirmed that Tampa Bay was the team being considered right now. As has been previously reported, Tampa Bay could be an attractive alternative to Favre, given his ties to coach Jon Gruden, the fact that the team runs a West Coast offense, and personally, Favre and his family would be less than an hour away by flight from Hattiesburg, Miss. to Tampa.

Other reasons why the two sides might find Tampa Bay agreeable. At 9-7, the Bucs also won the NFC South Division last year. Also, the Packers only face the Bucs once in the regular season -- Week 4, rather than twice against Minnesota.

UPDATE: Indeed, the savebrett.net website, citing a source close to Favre, said it in fact the two sides have already agreed. This is the same website that has fought hard for Favre's return to the team as the starter, and indeed was the first site to report last Friday that Favre was not considering the $20 million dollar deal to sit but would instead make his way back to Green Bay. Anyway, here's the link:

http://savebrett.net/home/brett-favre-traded-to-tampa-bay.html

As of 4:19 p.m., Thompson and other Packers front office personnel like John Scheider and Reggie McKenzie were still at the Packers training camp practice, so it is not clear if Favre and Thompson just verbally agreed on Tampa Bay, or are still considering it and may pursue that trade option. It doesn't seem possible a deal could already be done and there is nothing out of the Tampa Bay organization. Yet. Stay tuned...

http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/archive/2008/08/05/thompson-favre-talking-trade-possibilities.aspx

From the cited source:

http://savebrett.net

Brett Favre Traded to Tampa Bay

BREAKING NEWS

(Tuesday, August 5, 2008 at 3:52 PM, CT) The news media will soon be reporting that Brett Favre has been traded to Tampa Bay according to an exclusive SaveBrett.net source close to Favre.

The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel is currently crediting SaveBrett.net with breaking the story worldwide that the deal is all but done. We expect this news to be the topic of Mike McCarthy's press conference in under an hour. The mood is "very down and gloomy" at training camp according to Adam Chartier of SaveBrett.net who is on-site.

As a courtesy to fellow Favre supporters we informed the Rolfson brothers of BringBackBrettFavre.com with the news in-person, as well as the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel and Green Bay Press Gazette by phone.

Sign the petition in protest of this terrible decision by the Green Bay Packers management.

Skip Towne
08-05-2008, 03:37 PM
Has Nick Athan reported this yet?

Sure-Oz
08-05-2008, 03:37 PM
I bet he is gone, no way GB keeps him, if everything was ok they wouldnt have had a damn 5 hr meeting last night

Bowser
08-05-2008, 03:38 PM
Why the F would the Bucs care about sending a "message" to Favre if Minny gave them a good return?

No shit. If Minny offers up a one, or even a two and a four, I'd jump all over it.

dirk digler
I hope that's a joke...

Nope no joke it is the NFC for christ's sake

Sure-Oz
No shit. If Minny offers up a one, or even a two and a four, I'd jump all over it.

I would too, easily....they already have garcia

Mecca
08-05-2008, 03:39 PM
I bet he is gone, no way GB keeps him, if everything was ok they wouldnt have had a damn 5 hr meeting last night

I enjoy how Favre changes his mind every 5 minutes about this....oh well I won't compete now, yadda yadda.

Mecca
Nope no joke it is the NFC for christ's sake

They won't even win that division....and they won't sniff the Cowboys.

Crashride
Yall heard it from me first. Straight from Tampa.

Stinger
08-05-2008, 03:40 PM
Has Nick "The Erroneous One" Athan reported this yet?

I believe he said something about Farve coaching in Detroit

blueballs
any packer fans now buc fans
i highly doubt it

Sure-Oz
I enjoy how Favre changes his mind every 5 minutes about this....oh well I won't compete now, yadda yadda.

He's tarnished his legacy with this imo

Spott
08-05-2008, 03:41 PM
What will be really messed up is if Favre comes back and then has a season ending injury in his 1st game.

Stinger
08-05-2008, 03:42 PM
He's tarnished his legacy with this imo

IMO .... It seems to me that Brett doesn't care about these given his actions. That or he thinks he will get a free ride on what he does. I am sure both side will claim what they want to think.

Mecca
08-05-2008, 03:43 PM
I enjoyed hearing about how Favre doesn't want to go to the Jets because they're nothing more than a WC contender..um that's the same thing Tampa is.

Sure-Oz
08-05-2008, 03:44 PM
IMO .... It seems to me that Brett doesn't care about these given his actions. That or he thinks he will get a free ride on what he does. I am sure both side will claim what they want to think.

I understand he wants to play and just loves the game, but damn...i thought it was stupid of him to retire anyway

Crashride
08-05-2008, 03:44 PM
I can tell you what. Living here in Tampa him and Gruden are going to MURDER each other. Gruden treats his players like shit so its gonna be really interesting to see how it goes down.

The Franchise
08-05-2008, 03:45 PM
What will be really messed up is if Favre comes back and then has a season ending injury in his 1st game.

He IS on the cover of Madden.

Bowser
08-05-2008, 03:46 PM
I can tell you what. Living here in Tampa him and Gruden are going to MURDER each other. Gruden treats his players like shit so its gonna be really interesting to see how it goes down.

I was thinking Gruden had a massive little guy syndrome. Could be fun to watch!

The Bad Guy
08-05-2008, 03:46 PM
If I'm Garcia, and this happens, I demand to be cut.

Garcia would find quick work in Minnesota.

The Bad Guy
08-05-2008, 03:47 PM
He's going to a system that will be terrible for him.

This is going to turn out very bad for Brett Favre.

Sure-Oz
08-05-2008, 03:47 PM
If I'm Garcia, and this happens, I demand to be cut.

Garcia would find quick work in Minnesota.

Either way Minnesota should win, doubt Garcia stays, i'd raise hell favre style

dirk digler
08-05-2008, 03:54 PM

Why I think this is a perfect fit. I think everyone has forgot that Gruden came up with Holmgren and got his start in Green Bay in 95.

Also don't they run the WCO just like in GB?

Mr. Arrowhead
08-05-2008, 03:56 PM
I enjoyed hearing about how Favre doesn't want to go to the Jets because they're nothing more than a WC contender..um that's the same thing Tampa is.
well maybe its cause he dont have to face N.E. twice a year and also he will be in the NFC, which their is alot less quality teams

Buck
08-05-2008, 04:02 PM
Looks like its getting close.

http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&client=firefox-a&channel=s&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hs=hcU&resnum=0&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tab=wn&q=Brett+Favre+Tampa+Bay&as_drrb=q&as_qdr=h&as_mind=4&as_minm=8&as_maxd=5&as_maxm=8

OnTheWarpath15
08-05-2008, 04:08 PM
I'm going to love seeing GB go 6-10 this year, when they could have been a SB contender again.

Mecca
08-05-2008, 04:09 PM
well maybe its cause he dont have to face N.E. twice a year and also he will be in the NFC, which their is alot less quality teams

Is he gonna cry on the sideline when the Saints drop 50 on them?

I'm sorry that team should easily win that division they have upgraded dramatically, if they stay healthy I don't see any way in the world they can be defended.

Mecca
08-05-2008, 04:10 PM
I'm going to love seeing GB go 6-10 this year, when they could have been a SB contender again.

That won't happen, I'm sure their thought is Favre had some awful years then rebounded due to the talent they put around him. They likely feel with the other players on that team they can win 10 games with Rodgers or basically any QB.

Bowser
08-05-2008, 04:11 PM
That won't happen, I'm sure their thought is Favre had some awful years then rebounded due to the talent they put around him. They likely feel with the other players on that team they can win 10 games with Rodgers or basically any QB.

They better hope.

Outside of Green Bay winning the Super Bowl WITHOUT Favre, I just can't see how this ends well for the Packers.

Mecca
08-05-2008, 04:12 PM
I don't really see how the organization should be looked at poorly for Favre acting like a douche.

OnTheWarpath15
08-05-2008, 04:14 PM
They better hope.

Outside of Green Bay winning the Super Bowl WITHOUT Favre, I just can't see how this ends well for the Packers.

Exactly.

The Packers are kidding themselves if they think they are a better team without Brett Favre than with him.

Mecca
08-05-2008, 04:15 PM
Exactly.

The Packers are kidding themselves if they think they are a better team without Brett Favre than with him.

What are they suppose to do, he's changed his mind every 5 minutes.....look at this now he refuses to compete for the job...

What are they suppose to do suck his cock on national tv?

Bowser
08-05-2008, 04:16 PM
I don't really see how the organization should be looked at poorly for Favre acting like a douche.

It's all about winning. If Rodgers pisses down his leg this season, Thompson and McCarthy will catch holy hell, with or without Favre having any success somewhere else.

I won't argue the Favre acted all diva-ish with this crap, but how do you turn away a QB that was a top 7 QB last year, led your team to the conference championship, and is essentially a walking icon in the NFL?

Mecca
08-05-2008, 04:19 PM
It's all about winning. If Rodgers pisses down his leg this season, Thompson and McCarthy will catch holy hell, with or without Favre having any success somewhere else.

I won't argue the Favre acted all diva-ish with this crap, but how do you turn away a QB that was a top 7 QB last year, led your team to the conference championship, and is essentially a walking icon in the NFL?

I remember people saying the Packers need to stop letting Favre hold them hostage so they do and this happens...

Bowser
08-05-2008, 04:21 PM
I remember people saying the Packers need to stop letting Favre hold them hostage so they do and this happens...

There wouldn't be this drama if Favre had a season last year like the ones he had in '05 and '06.

OnTheWarpath15
08-05-2008, 04:22 PM
What are they suppose to do, he's changed his mind every 5 minutes.....look at this now he refuses to compete for the job...

What are they suppose to do suck his cock on national tv?

Refuses to compete for what?

McCarthy just said on live TV that there wouldn't BE a competition.

He's refusing to be a backup, and rightfully so.

Chiefs fans would be raising holy hell if this were happening to their franchise.

kstater
08-05-2008, 04:22 PM
There wouldn't be this drama if Favre had a season last year like the ones he had in '05 and '06.

Exactly! People forget that last year was an anomaly for a QB his age.

Mecca
08-05-2008, 04:26 PM
I'm sorry, he's gotten a pass way to many times from fans, it goes back to what Owens said after the Superbowl.

Favre has said alot of jackass things in the past and people just let it go...Favre is awfully old, and I fully believe the Packers believe Favre's resurgence had just as much to do with the rest of the team as it did him.

More than anything Favre needs to make up his mind he's changed it about 100 times.

Valiant
08-05-2008, 04:31 PM

I am kind of counting on it..

Simply Red
08-05-2008, 04:34 PM

Spott
08-05-2008, 04:44 PM
I am kind of counting on it..

I sure don't want it to happen but I could easily see it happening with all of this hype it's getting. I could also see him playing horrible this year and throwing 10-12 int's in his first 3 games and getting benched by whatever team he plays for.

StcChief
08-05-2008, 04:50 PM
Tampa seemed the front runner all along.

Valiant
08-05-2008, 04:52 PM
I sure don't want it to happen but I could easily see it happening with all of this hype it's getting. I could also see him playing horrible this year and throwing 10-12 int's in his first 3 games and getting benched by whatever team he plays for.

I would love to see the Pack Defense end his career in week four with a vicious hit.. Not permanently, just enough that he retires for good..

JuicesFlowing
08-05-2008, 04:54 PM
I hope he goes to Tampa. I bought tix to the Tampa Bay game on Nov. 2.

crispystl
08-05-2008, 04:58 PM
garicia to the jets
and then.............

OH GOD NO!

Crashride
08-05-2008, 04:58 PM
I hope he goes to Tampa. I bought tix to the Tampa Bay game on Nov. 2.

Youll probably see me there. I hate the bucs.

BigRock
08-05-2008, 04:59 PM

You're letting your hatred for Favre blind you. Favre is saying he won't compete for the job? Where are you getting this stuff? There's plenty of blame to go around, but the degree to which Green Bay has f'd this up is epic.

And at the end of the day, it all goes to their GM's ego. I don't think Carl is even bad enough that he'd shoo away a HOF QB so that Carl's special boy could run the team.

JuicesFlowing
08-05-2008, 05:02 PM
Youll probably see me there. I hate the bucs.

I don't really care for them either. And I really hate their coach.

dirk digler
08-05-2008, 05:11 PM
You're letting your hatred for Favre blind you. Favre is saying he won't compete for the job? Where are you getting this stuff? There's plenty of blame to go around, but the degree to which Green Bay has f'd this up is epic.

And at the end of the day, it all goes to their GM's ego. I don't think Carl is even bad enough that he'd shoo away a HOF QB so that Carl's special boy could run the team.

Yep I tend to agree. From the sound of it the coach is the one that says there is no competition.

It sounds alot like what happened to Trent Green here and the fact that he wanted to be traded or released because he felt he wasn't going to get a fair shot.

KurtCobain
08-05-2008, 05:19 PM
GB doesn't have the balls to trade Farve to the Vikings. ****ing pussys.

Sure-Oz
08-05-2008, 06:06 PM
GB doesn't have the balls to trade Farve to the Vikings. ****ing pussys.

I wouldn't either....its like us trading priest to denver in his prime

DeezNutz
08-05-2008, 06:11 PM
So what if Chris Simms (sp?) is released. Young player. Is he worth a look for the Chefs?

KurtCobain
08-05-2008, 06:13 PM
I wouldn't either....its like us trading priest to denver in his prime

Favre's in his prime? And if there was a reason for us to trade Priest during that time, trading him to denver would've been no worse than trading him to the cowboys.

Sure-Oz
08-05-2008, 06:16 PM
Favre's in his prime? And if there was a reason for us to trade Priest during that time, trading him to denver would've been no worse than trading him to the cowboys.

He was no slouch last year thats for damn sure.

KurtCobain
08-05-2008, 06:17 PM
He was no slouch last year thats for damn sure.

True, and I believe the vikes would be superbowl bound with Favre. Still, the pack should have the nuts to make that gamble and still prove they can win the division with number four in purple.

Sure-Oz
08-05-2008, 06:27 PM
True, and I believe the vikes would be superbowl bound with Favre. Still, the pack should have the nuts to make that gamble and still prove they can win the division with number four in purple.

Id def. make them give me a 1st rounder and more...theyd have maybe 2 years at most of favre

KurtCobain
08-05-2008, 06:35 PM
Id def. make them give me a 1st rounder and more...theyd have maybe 2 years at most of favre

If I was the Vikings, I'd take the gamble and trade a first plus. Jackson is going to keep them from getting new rings this year.

08-05-2008, 06:35 PM
BucEyedPea is furiously pleasuring herself to the thought of Favre and Gruden on her team right now.

Easy now, or she'll report that post as harassment. :harumph:

ROFL

Valiant
08-05-2008, 06:36 PM

Shit if I am a QB on the Bucs or Vikes I am switching to number 4... Just so that bastard will have to pay me if he wants the number..

KurtCobain
08-05-2008, 06:38 PM
Shit if I am a QB on the Bucs or Vikes I am switching to number 4... Just so that bastard will have to pay me if he wants the number..

A K or a P should do it. They don't make shit money.

Scorp
08-05-2008, 07:12 PM
F*ck Brett Favre..........that is all!

Bugeater
08-05-2008, 07:31 PM
No, I didn't hear it from you first, Tampa has been one of the main players in this drama all along.

Crashride
08-05-2008, 07:34 PM
No, I didn't hear it from you first, Tampa has been one of the main players in this drama all along.

How do you really feel about it GoBo? :rolleyes:

Chiefnj2
08-05-2008, 08:01 PM
Odd move by the Bucs. They run a similar system but Favre still has to learn to work with new players. Plus, Garcia did fairly well last year in Tampa. I don't think Favre is the one missing piece for a SB run this year in Tampa. They'd probably be better off sticking with Garcia.

DT58HOF
08-05-2008, 08:03 PM
he returned to Miss. HE is staying retired

Spott
08-07-2008, 04:29 AM

:)

chagrin
08-07-2008, 05:01 AM
except it looks like he's going to New York, heh

StcChief
08-07-2008, 05:52 AM
this makes since dump him out of NFC.....