PDA

View Full Version : Football Farve agrees to talks with Bucs

cardken
08-05-2008, 04:19 PM
Tampa Tribune
Report: Favre Agrees To Talk With Bucs
Posted Aug 05, 2008 at 04:58 PM
Updated Aug 05, 2008 at 05:37 PM

LAKE BUENA VISTA - The latest Brett Favre rumors have him talking with the Bucs about a possible trade - again.

We’ve heard these reports before, but the Favre saga seems to be nearing an end and the latest report from ESPN has Favre showing a willingness to talk to the Bucs.

Shortly after 5 p.m. ESPN’s Chris Mortensen went on the air by telephone to report that Favre had agreed to talk with the Bucs about a possible trade later today, but that those talks had not yet taken place.

Favre was given permission to talk to the Bucs previously but he reportedly passed on the opportunity. It could be that he has finally given in to the Packers’ refusal to release him or move him to a team of his choice and that he now realizes the only way for him to play again is with a team such as the Bucs.

Bucs Coach Jon Gruden left his team’s afternoon practice Tuesday saying he hadn’t heard anything about a deal that would bring Favre to the Bucs.

Favre admitted earlier in the day to being at a stalemate with the Packers, who don’t appear to want him back in any capacity. It is believed that Favre’s desire is to play for the Vikings or maybe the Bears, but a deal that would result in that seems unlikely.

Bowser
08-05-2008, 04:20 PM
Favre is banking on the belief that the Packers don't have the balls to trade him.

Tribal Warfare
08-05-2008, 04:25 PM
Favre is banking on the belief that the Packers don't have the balls to trade him.

The Packers' front office would receive the ire of a lynch mob if they do trade him

StcChief
08-05-2008, 04:34 PM
Kinda don't have a choice or ditch Aaron Rodgers

Valiant
08-05-2008, 04:36 PM
The Packers' front office would receive the ire of a lynch mob if they do trade him

I think it would be about 50/50.. 50% of them would see this as a good move and heading towards the future.. And the other 50% are fanboys of Favre..

Seriously all of this is Favre fault.. And what is the difference of trading him or him retiring?? He is not there..

Valiant
08-05-2008, 04:38 PM
Kinda don't have a choice or ditch Aaron Rodgers

Yeah Favre screwed everybody..

He wants to come back and be starter, and Rodgers would demand release/trade..

Gets traded to Tampa, and Garcia would want release/trade..

I hope the Madden curse continues strong and knocks him out of the season after his antics..

Tribal Warfare
08-05-2008, 04:50 PM
I think it would be about 50/50.. 50% of them would see this as a good move and heading towards the future.. And the other 50% are fanboys of Favre..

Seriously all of this is Favre fault.. And what is the difference of trading him or him retiring?? He is not there..

In Green Bay, believe me in their eyes he's a demi-god.

Crashride
08-05-2008, 05:00 PM
Repost