PDA

View Full Version : Poop Gretz: Patriots OL problems + our ex-players really did suck

the Talking Can
08-06-2008, 05:47 PM
except for Allen, all our trash is jobless or fighting for backup spots...

Gretz (http://www.bobgretz.com/chiefs-football/chiefs-of-07where-are-they-now.html#more-694)

...Things don’t look so good right now for the Patriots blocking unit. Starting LT Matt Light has missed most of the camp practice time with some sort of ailment. That’s the thing about the Patriots; they provide little or no detailed information on injuries when they are not required to by the league. RT Oliver Ross was signed as a free agent but he’s on the PUP list and the top backup there Ryan O’Callaghan has been sidelined by an undisclosed injury. NFL veteran OL Anthony Clement who was signed at the start of camp is already on the season ending IR list with a knee injury.

And the starting right tackle is Nick Kaczur and he could face NFL discipline after he was arrested and charged in April for illegal possession of prescription painkiller oxycodone. He cooperated with federal agents in a sting of his alleged supplier. New England also has problems at the guard spot.

...Another Chiefs starter from last year that has been trying to get re-signed in New England is CB Ty Law, but right now he’s unemployed. Cleveland may also be a spot where Law could land.

Out in Denver former starting C Casey Wiegmann has been getting a lot of practice time with the first unit as starter Tom Nalen has battled injuries, including the torn biceps that ended his ‘07 season and a knee problem this year. Also with the Broncos is WR Samie Parker who is fighting for one of the backup receiver spots behind Brandon Marshall and rookie Eddie Royal.

Kris Wilson is in Philadelphia with the Eagles playing tight end, rather than fullback and he’s struggling to make a place for himself on the regular-season roster.

Joining DE Jared Allen in Minnesota is former Chiefs nickel back Benny Sapp and it sounds like he hasn’t changed much from his days at Arrowhead.

Down in Tampa Bay, Jimmy Wilkerson has been the primary backup behind right defensive end Gaines Adams. In Miami, Boomer Grigsby is trying to become the fullback for the Dolphins.

LB Keyaron Fox is getting time with the Steelers second defense in Pittsburgh, including action from a scrimmage over last weekend. WR-KR Eddie Drummond signed last week with Steelers.

S Greg Wesley got hurt early in Raiders camp, but he’s back practicing and it doesn’t sound like he’s impressing a lot of people.

Right now Law, WR Eddie Kennison, LB Kendrell Bell, and TE Jason Dunn are not employed by NFL teams.

blueballs
08-06-2008, 05:50 PM
EK got a try out with Tampa I think
Favre to Eddie

CrazyPhuD
08-06-2008, 06:19 PM
EK got a try out with Tampa I think
Favre to Eddie

In what the senior league? DO they allow wheel chairs?

alpha_omega
08-06-2008, 07:09 PM
What about Ryan Sims?

Fish
08-06-2008, 07:22 PM
“The address here is One Arrowhead Drive, my office is here and I’ll be glad to bring Kendrell in and have some of those fans and media people say the things that I’ve heard said about this guy,” Cunningham said. “I want them to face him when they say those things.”

Atta boy Gun....

alanm
08-06-2008, 07:27 PM
The only guy I miss out of all those listed is Wilkerson.

KCSupersized
08-06-2008, 07:52 PM
And the starting right tackle is Nick Kaczur and he could face NFL discipline after he was arrested and charged in April for illegal possession of prescription painkiller oxycodone. He cooperated with federal agents in a sting of his alleged supplier.

I wonder what the commish is waiting for?
I would think it's a slam dunk!