PDA

View Full Version : Misc OMG Sprint FINALLY starting to get it?

petegz28
08-07-2008, 09:23 AM
I am listening to Dan Hesse talk about how our customer service #'s are greatly improving cause get this...are you ready???

WE ARE TAKING CARE OF THE CUSTOMER!!!! :eek:

Shit you I do not I say!

Treating the customer in the retail stores like they are the most important person?

Not focusing so hard on getting customers off the phone quick in call centers and instead taking care of them with 1 phone call so they don't call back 100 times?

And the CAPPER! The admission from the top that it used to be the "EXACT opposite".

There is hope.....1000 points of light...stay the course.....the attidue of a lot of people in this city would greatly improve if Sprint turns it around.

And right now we are kicking ass down that path...just hope it keeps going!

:)

beavis
08-07-2008, 09:26 AM
Wow, you work for Sprint? That explains a lot.

petegz28
08-07-2008, 09:28 AM
Wow, you work for Sprint? That explains a lot.

Yea I am smart enough to work at a place where I am allegedly overpaid and under worked.

STFU

StcChief
08-07-2008, 09:29 AM
how's the Oracle work over there?

BigRedChief
08-07-2008, 09:29 AM
I'm in the I.T. field here in the KC area. Although I have no interest in returning to Sprint what is good for Sprint is good for the I.T. market. And that helps drive up my oppertunites.

phisherman
08-07-2008, 09:30 AM
how's the Oracle work over there?

what version do you mean?

there are a few different flavors of oracle around here.

BigRedChief
08-07-2008, 09:30 AM
Yea I am smart enough to work at a place where I am allegedly overpaid and under worked.

STFU
Dude I worked at Sprint and Embarq. You have no idea what overpaid and underworked really means until you work for the government.:)

Redrum_69
08-07-2008, 09:31 AM
LOL you work at Sprint

and spend all your time posting here

LOLOOOLL

StcChief
08-07-2008, 09:36 AM
what version do you mean?

there are a few different flavors of oracle around here.
from a Database application developer's perspective as long as DB version >= 9i
Just trying to get a feel for the "state" of Sprint in the Oracle arena.

Oracle Applications (Payroll,Finance,etc) not as much interest....

petegz28
08-07-2008, 09:40 AM
from a Database application developer's perspective as long as DB version >= 9i
Just trying to get a feel for the "state" of Sprint in the Oracle arena.

Oracle Applications (Payroll,Finance,etc) not as much interest....

Well our standard or at least stated standard is 10 but we ahve a ton of 9.

Mr. Plow
08-07-2008, 09:48 AM
Now.....if Sprint can get my damn phone to stop locking up on me, I'll be happy.

phisherman
08-07-2008, 09:50 AM
try doing a software update.

petegz28
08-07-2008, 09:51 AM
Now.....if Sprint can get my damn phone to stop locking up on me, I'll be happy.

Take it in and have it updated..or have you done that? Tell them you want the firmware upgraded. There are "known" issues with phones just like software and updates come out all the time. It is not widely know and most people look at me like I am crazy when I tell them to take their phone in and get it updated.

You might be able to do it online but I would take it in. If it is something that happens regularly show them what you are talking about. If they give you shit tell me or Phish.

petegz28
08-07-2008, 09:53 AM

Though me may not have towers in Forbidden Donut yet. :D

Deberg_1990
08-07-2008, 10:11 AM
How is that new Instinct Phone doing for Sprint? Ive heard some good things about it.

petegz28
08-07-2008, 10:12 AM
How is that new Instinct Phone doing for Sprint? Ive heard some good things about it.

It's kicking ass. Best Buy said it has been their best selling phone in 2 years.

CoMoChief
08-07-2008, 10:19 AM
**** Sprint,

Sincerely,
Everyone in the world that has or has had Sprint.

Anyong Bluth
08-07-2008, 10:24 AM
Waiting on the Diamond or the HTC Touch Pro.

Is it still coming out Sept 2nd....

BTW, I like Sprint and their service has been great. Yes CS has sucked and I'd have to call a bunch to get shit handled but I'm usually a 1 time a year issue customer.

BUT, I just finished up my contract that they gave me "discount" pricing on some services, and on this months bill I noticed they removed those discounts!? WHY THE HELL would they do that- I get the idea to lock people in for another contract, but all you're doing is making me notice I'm out of contract and pissing me off that I have to deal with this instead of just going about my daily business and having my bill paid in full every month- automatically!!

Now, I might as well look around and see what services are offering, b/c I'm not real excited about the fact that I'm paying like an extra $40 bucks a month b/c I'm "out of contract" and Sprint doesn't have any new phones I want yet out?

The Bad Guy
08-07-2008, 10:24 AM
Do you still have to sign up for the everything plan to get the Instinct?

I have a grandfathered plan that isn't available anymore and I don't want to lose that. That's the only thing preventing me from getting the Instinct.

The Bad Guy
08-07-2008, 10:25 AM
Waiting on the Diamond or the HTC Touch Pro.

Is it still coming out Sept 2nd....

I have the Mogul right now.

I haven't even heard of either phone.

R&GHomer
08-07-2008, 10:29 AM

Absolutely fantastic, the instinct is flying off the shelves. It's kind of funny because we as employee's can't get them yet... lol and Hesse when asked when they would be available he jokingly said not any time soon.

Mr. Flopnuts
08-07-2008, 10:29 AM
Sprint has improved ten fold in the last year. I'm no longer being overbilled and charged for shit I flat out don't use. Of course, they did increase the cost of my plan by 45%. It hasn't affected me yet, but as soon as I need to make any additions whatsoever, I'm ****ed and will drop them. My plan went from 89.99 to 129.99. Same. ****ing. Plan. Can I just go back to being overcharged? That's a huge increase in one shot.

R&GHomer
08-07-2008, 10:34 AM
Do you still have to sign up for the everything plan to get the Instinct?

I have a grandfathered plan that isn't available anymore and I don't want to lose that. That's the only thing preventing me from getting the Instinct.

I may be wrong, but I think so. I'm not sure what all your old plan is offering you, but the everything plan is the best thing going, IMHO.

journeyscarab
08-07-2008, 10:37 AM
We are kicking ass!

petegz28
08-07-2008, 10:40 AM
Sprint has improved ten fold in the last year. I'm no longer being overbilled and charged for shit I flat out don't use. Of course, they did increase the cost of my plan by 45%. It hasn't affected me yet, but as soon as I need to make any additions whatsoever, I'm ****ed and will drop them. My plan went from 89.99 to 129.99. Same. ****ing. Plan. Can I just go back to being overcharged? That's a huge increase in one shot.

You can switch to the $99 plan even if you are in a current contract. Switch to the Simply Everything plan and be done with it. It's only $10 more than you were paying and $30 less than you are now.

Mr. Plow
08-07-2008, 10:42 AM
Take it in and have it updated..or have you done that? Tell them you want the firmware upgraded. There are "known" issues with phones just like software and updates come out all the time. It is not widely know and most people look at me like I am crazy when I tell them to take their phone in and get it updated.

You might be able to do it online but I would take it in. If it is something that happens regularly show them what you are talking about. If they give you shit tell me or Phish.

Actually, I have done that.....twice actually. I don't think this is a Sprint issue at all to be honest.

I have the HTC Mogul. Great phone. But about 3 weeks ago, the damn thing just started randomly locking up on me. Reset it, would work fine for awhile, then lock up again.

Took it in to do the first update to the ROM. Everything went fine. Phone worked ok for the next week or so. I checked back on their (HTC) website - said that I needed to update again to a newer ROM. Which I did myself....which I somehow freaking manage to delete all my contacts when doing the Sync....oh well, I have them somewhere else just in case.

After the second update, it was really hard to boot. Would go to one spot, lock up. I reboot, it would go a little further, lock up, reboot. It literally took me 30-45 minutes just to get the damn thing booted.

For the past day, it's been working pretty well. Until today. Just started randomly locking up again. Since 8am, I've had to reboot from a lockup 7 times....at least.

I'm going to take it back in today to see what they can do.

Mr. Flopnuts
08-07-2008, 10:44 AM
You can switch to the $99 plan even if you are in a current contract. Switch to the Simply Everything plan and be done with it. It's only $10 more than you were paying and $30 less than you are now.

Except my plan is a family plan. So I'd have to pay $99x2. I want the instinct, you can guess why I can't get it. I'm not paying $200 a month for cell phones. Plus, I lose my 27% company discount if I switch to the All Everything plan. I fear my time with Sprint will come to an end soon over this. I'm not paying the 129.99 right now. But when I try to change my phone, or add a service, they'll make me change my plan. I've been with them for 3 years, but I have a feeling I won't make it to 4. I change phones like most folks change socks.

Mr. Plow
08-07-2008, 10:44 AM
I have the Mogul right now.

I haven't even heard of either phone.

Had any issues with yours?

petegz28
08-07-2008, 11:01 AM
Actually, I have done that.....twice actually. I don't think this is a Sprint issue at all to be honest.

I have the HTC Mogul. Great phone. But about 3 weeks ago, the damn thing just started randomly locking up on me. Reset it, would work fine for awhile, then lock up again.

Took it in to do the first update to the ROM. Everything went fine. Phone worked ok for the next week or so. I checked back on their (HTC) website - said that I needed to update again to a newer ROM. Which I did myself....which I somehow freaking manage to delete all my contacts when doing the Sync....oh well, I have them somewhere else just in case.

After the second update, it was really hard to boot. Would go to one spot, lock up. I reboot, it would go a little further, lock up, reboot. It literally took me 30-45 minutes just to get the damn thing booted.

For the past day, it's been working pretty well. Until today. Just started randomly locking up again. Since 8am, I've had to reboot from a lockup 7 times....at least.

I'm going to take it back in today to see what they can do.

Yea that's a flakey phone.

petegz28
08-07-2008, 11:02 AM
Except my plan is a family plan. So I'd have to pay $99x2. I want the instinct, you can guess why I can't get it. I'm not paying $200 a month for cell phones. Plus, I lose my 27% company discount if I switch to the All Everything plan. I fear my time with Sprint will come to an end soon over this. I'm not paying the 129.99 right now. But when I try to change my phone, or add a service, they'll make me change my plan. I've been with them for 3 years, but I have a feeling I won't make it to 4. I change phones like most folks change socks.

I'd be curious to know where you will end up cheaper and get the same network speed and such? I don't price watch but I know ATT bends me dad over for his Iphone crap. And their network sucks ass.

The Bad Guy
08-07-2008, 11:07 AM
I may be wrong, but I think so. I'm not sure what all your old plan is offering you, but the everything plan is the best thing going, IMHO.

I basically have everything the everything plan offers, and I don't pay 99 dollars a month for it.

The Bad Guy
08-07-2008, 11:08 AM
Had any issues with yours?

It locks up occassionally (once a month) but nothing too crazy.

phisherman
08-07-2008, 11:14 AM
I basically have everything the everything plan offers, and I don't pay 99 dollars a month for it.

you on SERO?

Mr. Flopnuts
08-07-2008, 11:25 AM
I'd be curious to know where you will end up cheaper and get the same network speed and such? I don't price watch but I know ATT bends me dad over for his Iphone crap. And their network sucks ass.

Maybe so. I don't see how a company can justify a 45% price increase over night on the same service though. It's a matter of principle for me at this point.

phisherman
08-07-2008, 11:26 AM
it wouldn't hurt to call and see what they can do for you.

seeing as customer care is our #1 priority, i'd bet they can do something that will make you at least a little bit happier.

vailpass
08-07-2008, 11:36 AM
I've been a Sprint customer for 5 years. All in all they have been pretty good. We are on a plan that they no longer offer, they are always trying to get me off of it by offering a 3rd line or something else that would require plan change.

One thing pissed me off: As a 5 year customer all I got was a $150 credit towards a new phone. Some schmoe off the street could sign up as a new customer and get the phones I wanted for a little bit of nothing but not me.
After a few sessions with Customer Retention I ended up with new PDA phones for both my wife and I for nothing. Case solved, customers happy, monthly billing paid on time continues.

HC_Chief
08-07-2008, 11:59 AM
Sprint is run by morons. Everyone knows that... because everyone has worked there.

Mr. Flopnuts
08-07-2008, 12:01 PM
I've been a Sprint customer for 5 years. All in all they have been pretty good. We are on a plan that they no longer offer, they are always trying to get me off of it by offering a 3rd line or something else that would require plan change.

One thing pissed me off: As a 5 year customer all I got was a $150 credit towards a new phone. Some schmoe off the street could sign up as a new customer and get the phones I wanted for a little bit of nothing but not me.
After a few sessions with Customer Retention I ended up with new PDA phones for both my wife and I for nothing. Case solved, customers happy, monthly billing paid on time continues.

I had to talk to customer retention 3 months ago just to get charges removed from my bill that weren't valid in the first place. Here's some advice for Sprint customers. If your rep that you're talking too, is A. dumb, or B. Not listening to you, just hang up and call back. Chances are you'll get someone with more than 12 brain cells left. No offense to those of you who work there, but you're surrounded by idiots. It really does come down to getting the right rep on the phone. And that's sad.

I'm bitching sure, but overall I like Sprint, have always defended them here, and will be sad to leave them should the time come.

phisherman
08-07-2008, 12:45 PM
i would recommend giving them another chance.

we constantly hear about customer service initiatives and feedback has been great. their focus is FIXING YOUR PROBLEM, not getting you off the phone, as it has been in the past.

i know this is a change from how it "used to be", but it wouldn't hurt to give it a shot.

phisherman
08-07-2008, 12:47 PM
i know that pete and i sound like sprint fan boys, but the team that we work on is constantly trying to make things easier for the people that solve your issues.

i know that i'm pretty passionate about doing my job, and i'm pretty sure pete is too.

vailpass
08-07-2008, 12:55 PM
I had to talk to customer retention 3 months ago just to get charges removed from my bill that weren't valid in the first place. Here's some advice for Sprint customers. If your rep that you're talking too, is A. dumb, or B. Not listening to you, just hang up and call back. Chances are you'll get someone with more than 12 brain cells left. No offense to those of you who work there, but you're surrounded by idiots. It really does come down to getting the right rep on the phone. And that's sad.

I'm bitching sure, but overall I like Sprint, have always defended them here, and will be sad to leave them should the time come.

It is true that competency in cust. serv. reps varies by individual. If you aren't getting what you need remember the key phrase: "I am going to quit Sprint and go somewhere else". This is the phrase they have to hear in order to elevate you to Customer Retention. This is like Level 3 support, they are all trained well at what they do. So long as your issue has at least some merit they will work with you to keep you as a customer.

vailpass
08-07-2008, 12:57 PM
i know that pete and i sound like sprint fan boys, but the team that we work on is constantly trying to make things easier for the people that solve your issues.
i know that i'm pretty passionate about doing my job, and i'm pretty sure pete is too.

I've been on board for over 5 years, it isn't because I don't have a choice or enjoy shitty service. IMHO Sprint has come a long way and is as good as or better than any of the others.
We haven't used a land line in over 4 years, our Sprint phones are all we use. We have full data and vision plans as well. I guess you could consider us power users, and Sprint holds up well.

Mr. Flopnuts
08-07-2008, 01:42 PM
I've been on board for over 5 years, it isn't because I don't have a choice or enjoy shitty service. IMHO Sprint has come a long way and is as good as or better than any of the others.
We haven't used a land line in over 4 years, our Sprint phones are all we use. We have full data and vision plans as well. I guess you could consider us power users, and Spring holds up well.

I'm in this boat as well. I really DON'T want to leave Sprint. They've improved dramatically from the time I signed up all the way to today. I just want the damn samsung instinct without having to pay $40 more a month for the same service I have right now. I'll try before I just leave them, but I don't want to buy the phone and then not be able to get the service. I never buy my phones from sprint. That's what craigslist is for. Maybe Sprint will give me the right price on the phone AND let me keep my current rate. That would lock me up for years to come. I don't see myself scrapping the instinct anytime in the next couple of years.

Mr. Flopnuts
08-07-2008, 01:43 PM
i would recommend giving them another chance.

we constantly hear about customer service initiatives and feedback has been great. their focus is FIXING YOUR PROBLEM, not getting you off the phone, as it has been in the past.

i know this is a change from how it "used to be", but it wouldn't hurt to give it a shot.

Personally, I'm glad you're giving me some ideas of what to do. I really don't want to switch carriers. The service is great in my neck of the woods, and the discount I get is unbeatable.

vailpass
08-07-2008, 01:54 PM
How does the Instinct compare with the Palm Centro or the Blackberry Pearl?

jynni
08-07-2008, 02:11 PM
From what I have heard the Instinct is not really a full Smartphone - at least not yet. I'm not sure if software upgrades are planned to make it so.

phisherman
08-07-2008, 02:33 PM
From what I have heard the Instinct is not really a full Smartphone - at least not yet. I'm not sure if software upgrades are planned to make it so.

what makes it a "full smartphone"?

vailpass
08-07-2008, 02:41 PM
what makes it a "full smartphone"?

sync with Outlook? compatible with other e-mail platforms? operate from the heel of my shoe?

The Bad Guy
08-07-2008, 02:43 PM
you on SERO?

Nope.

phisherman
08-07-2008, 02:57 PM
the instinct does sync with outlook.

R&GHomer
08-07-2008, 04:49 PM
the instinct does sync with outlook.

My understanding is while, it will sync with outlook email, it doesn't sync with calendar completely. I've heard they are talking about fixing it though, not completely sure about that one. The instinct is so close to being a full smartphone as it is they may not. I really don't care either way. I have meeting notice reminders and all that stuff turned off on my treo anyway. It's just annoying to me.

The instinct at the price they are selling it at, and what it does is outstanding. Coupled with the "simply everything" plan for $99 you can't beat it IMHO

The Franchise
08-07-2008, 05:12 PM
you on SERO?

I am...and I'm damn happy that I am.

I've been with Sprint for 3 years now and I've never really had a problem with them at all.

Phobia
08-07-2008, 05:27 PM
Heh. My neighbor is a Sprint guy. He heard me talking about a ruggedized phone so he brought a couple test models for me to check out for a day or so. The first one wouldn't turn on. The second one turned on but when I made a call it locked up and wouldn't respond to anything I did, not even depressing the power button.

Heh. I guess I'll be staying with Verizon.

unlurking
08-07-2008, 06:29 PM
I've been with Verizon since 2000 because of their customer service. Unfortunately they have a habit of crippling their phones. Rumored specs have come out showing them to be crippling the HTC Touch Pro (Raphael) to only a 400mhz processor, 128mb ram, no accelerometer. The Sprint HTC Touch Pro version (Herman) is supposed to be 528mhz, 256 mb ram, and includes the accelerometer.

If that's true, **** Verizon. I'm either going to Sprint or AT&T. Will likely depend on when the SEX1 and Touch Pro come out.

petegz28
08-07-2008, 06:48 PM
I've been with Verizon since 2000 because of their customer service. Unfortunately they have a habit of crippling their phones. Rumored specs have come out showing them to be crippling the HTC Touch Pro (Raphael) to only a 400mhz processor, 128mb ram, no accelerometer. The Sprint HTC Touch Pro version (Herman) is supposed to be 528mhz, 256 mb ram, and includes the accelerometer.

If that's true, **** Verizon. I'm either going to Sprint or AT&T. Will likely depend on when the SEX1 and Touch Pro come out.

If you are into that stuff why go with anyone but Sprint? Sprint is cheaper than ATT and has the fastest network. Verizona nd ATT are just getting to 3G and acting like it's a new revelation. Sprint is rolling out 4G this year.

unlurking
08-07-2008, 06:58 PM
I had Sprint from 98-99 and swore I would NEVER go back. I was a day away from filing a small claims suit against them. Thanks to an employer getting the same **** around and threatening to drop about 500 service accounts, I got fixed. As soon as my contract ended I went to Verizon.

VZW customer service has been beyond reproach in my experience. The ONLY reason I'm considering leaving is because I really want a fully functioning Touch Pro or SEX1. Besides, EVDO rev. A has been very good to me. Better than friends with 3G.

If Verizon DOESN'T cripple Raphael, Sprint would have to give me 2 Herman's free for me to consider switching. I'd probably switch to AT&T for 1 free SEX1.

BigRedChief
08-08-2008, 06:24 AM
I've been with Sprint since 2001 and have had no issues that wern't quickly resolved.

Anyong Bluth
08-08-2008, 06:56 AM
If you are into that stuff why go with anyone but Sprint? Sprint is cheaper than ATT and has the fastest network. Verizona nd ATT are just getting to 3G and acting like it's a new revelation. Sprint is rolling out 4G this year.

Truth. Same reason i stick with them and I usually get no service problems.

Billing and Customer Service is totally screwed up and they've shot themselves in the foot with many customers b/c of these 2 areas.

I look at the path of least resistance being having to call maybe 5 times to get something fixed right vs having slower service and it cutting out.

I'd call and signup for a new 2 year contract if they agreed to simply cut me a deal on the diamond and/or touch pro when it comes out but I have ZERO faith of them noted my account even if I ask them to specifically put it in the notes- UNLESS I'm talking to with Retentions, who have always been great. I've got 4 or 5 star customer rating (can't remember how many there are or even if they still use that rating system)

Why can't it just be as simple as me calling, saying, "Hey, I'd like to re-up my 2 year contract, and when the 2 phones I want are available I'd like them at the new contract offer price."

I spend more than the average Sprint customer & have 3 lines with them. You'd think they'd be happy to honor that to keep my business. I've been with them since 2000.

I just don't envision things going that smoothly

phisherman
08-08-2008, 08:00 AM
i'll say it again, just like above. give them another shot.

they don't want repeat callers anymore; they want to solve your problem the 1st time.

no matter what you envision happening, you'll never know unless you just do it.

SLAG
08-09-2008, 12:43 AM
I have had sprint for the past 3 years as well, First on the Employee advantage plan then after said employee was laid off I went to SERO

All in all no complaints, I hope QCHAT holds up and I hope Wi-Max takes hold, that will help sprint VERY MUCH.

I had the mogul for about 3 months, I hated it, I am back with a 700p and I have never been happier, i will probably stick with the 700p til Palm0S Linux comes out sometime in the next 5 years.

Infact, I am using my 700p right now in my hotel room in Wichita, over BT, with the laptop so i dont pay 9.99 to the hotel just for friggen interweb

ChiliConCarnage
08-09-2008, 07:40 AM
Our company returned the instinct due to no calendar synch. They need to get that sorted out

tomahawk kid
08-09-2008, 08:29 AM
Personally, I'm glad you're giving me some ideas of what to do. I really don't want to switch carriers. The service is great in my neck of the woods, and the discount I get is unbeatable.

Also - if you're company has a Sprint contract, you might check into buying one of the Business Essentials plans on there.

Also - Sprint offers some Talk / Message Connect plans, and some "Everything" plans with limited voice minutes (unlimited everything else) plans for the Instinct that would still allow you to get the phone but not pay the $99 in monthly charges.

Obviously I don't know your usage profile, but if you really want an Instinct there are ways to get into one other than going straight to $99 Simply Everything.

Bob Dole
08-09-2008, 09:12 AM
i'll say it again, just like above. give them another shot.

they don't want repeat callers anymore; they want to solve your problem the 1st time.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Bob Dole has spent over 4 hours on the phone with Sprint customer service since May 16, and they STILL can't seem to grasp the concept that a contractual agreement is a two-way relationship. They also can't seem to understand that those of us with an 8-5 job don't always have 90 minute blocks of time during the day when we can sit on the phone and argue with them.

Bob Dole's Palm Centro is currently a very shiny brick.

tomahawk kid
08-09-2008, 09:58 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Bob Dole has spent over 4 hours on the phone with Sprint customer service since May 16, and they STILL can't seem to grasp the concept that a contractual agreement is a two-way relationship. They also can't seem to understand that those of us with an 8-5 job don't always have 90 minute blocks of time during the day when we can sit on the phone and argue with them.

Bob Dole's Palm Centro is currently a very shiny brick.

What's the issue?

Bob Dole
08-09-2008, 11:02 AM
What's the issue?

They can't seem to bill Bob Dole for the plan Bob Dole signed up for, then when Bob Dole refuses to pay the incorrect $900+ bill, they turn the phone off. Then when Bob Dole finally gets the incorrect bill credited and they turn the phone back on, they just picked another incorrect plan that resulted in a $600+ bill (including a charge to reconnect the phone they had disconnected because Bob Dole refused to pay the incorrectly billed amount).

And since Bob Dole didn't put Ross Perot and the Governor of the State of Texas and other dignitaries here in town for our new university campus dedication week on hold while Bob Dole spent another 2 hours on the phone arguing with them, they turned it off again.

A cell phone is a tool and a convenience. When Bob Dole spends more time on the phone talking to customer service than anyone else, it ceases to be either one of those things.