PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Why does God Hate the Chiefs?

Reerun_KC
08-07-2008, 03:10 PM
Why? Why does he hate one of the most loyal fan bases in America?

First is was Martha and all his playoff disasters.

Then Grandpa DV and his tissues.

Now we are cursed with Herm for 2 more years.

And to top it all off, Chad Pennington a Chief?

Yes folks God hates the Chiefs, No one should suffer this embarrasement.

dorseybowe
08-07-2008, 03:10 PM
Because Carl Peterson is Satan. Duh.

Reerun_KC
08-07-2008, 03:11 PM
Because Carl Peterson is Satan. Duh.
ROFL

Thread Closed!

evolve27
God hates the Royals too.

Micjones
Garrison Keillor once said on an episode of "A Prairie Home Companion" that Kansas City would be cursed for the blown call in the '85 Series.
:D

RustShack
08-07-2008, 03:12 PM
I think he hates Kansas City, not just the Chiefs.

StcChief
08-07-2008, 03:13 PM
Garrison Keillor once said on an episode of "A Prairie Home Companion" that Kansas City would be cursed for the blown call in the '85 Series.
:DROFL that's a keeper.

Reerun_KC
08-07-2008, 03:13 PM
:D
Rep!

RustShack
08-07-2008, 03:16 PM
I bet god thinks is stupid the Kansas City Chiefs aren't really located in Kansas.

crazycoffey
08-07-2008, 03:17 PM
God hates the Royals too.

Doesn't God hate Oklahoma?
:Poke:

OnTheWarpath15
08-07-2008, 03:18 PM
Not to get this thread off track, but this fan base hasn't been "loyal" since the 90's.

Even when DV's teams were scoring 30+ PPG, people would show up late and leave early.

Now, they just don't show up at all.

Loyalty is showing up even when things are bad, the Redskins are a good example. Over 100% capacity at FedEx Field since it opened, and the Skins record in that time?

42-54.

chiefs1111
08-07-2008, 03:24 PM
Cause God must be a Faiders or Donks fan

KCrockaholic
08-07-2008, 03:40 PM
I bet god thinks is stupid the Kansas City Chiefs aren't really located in Kansas.

your right because Kansas City, Missouri is a bigger market, and has been around longer.

beach tribe
08-07-2008, 03:52 PM
I'll bet God doesn't give a holy shit about the outcome of football.

MOhillbilly
08-07-2008, 03:54 PM
your right because Kansas City, Missouri is a bigger market, and has been around longer.
nobody cares. god included.

Mecca
08-07-2008, 04:03 PM
Not to get this thread off track, but this fan base hasn't been "loyal" since the 90's.

Even when DV's teams were scoring 30+ PPG, people would show up late and leave early.

Loyalty is showing up even when things are bad, the Redskins are a good example. Over 100% capacity at FedEx Field since it opened, and the Skins record in that time?

42-54.

This is a pretty fairweather market I think most people do realize that...I never met a KU football fan till last year....

Micjones
08-07-2008, 04:06 PM
The Chiefs fan base hasn't been loyal since the 90's?
Really?

Skip Towne
08-07-2008, 04:08 PM
This is a pretty fairweather market I think most people do realize that...I never met a KU football fan till last year....

You just haven't noticed us. We're pretty plain looking.

Deberg_1990
08-07-2008, 04:08 PM

42-54.

I think we all know that most of the fan apathy can be directly related to Carl Peterson and stale ownership.

beach tribe
08-07-2008, 04:09 PM

They're all USC, Florida, fans. They used to be Florida state, and Miami fans, but, ya know.

Mecca
08-07-2008, 04:09 PM
Really?

Their loyal when they think the team is good or has a chance.....this year when they are rebuilding there are possible blackouts looming what's that tell you about our fan base?

There are teams that their games would be sold out every week if they went 0-16.

Mecca
08-07-2008, 04:10 PM
They're all USC, Florida, fans. They used to be Florida state, and Miami fans, but, ya know.

LOL....oddly I do know a FSU fan...

OnTheWarpath15
08-07-2008, 04:10 PM
Really?

Care to argue?

Again, even when the football WAS entertaining in DV's tenure, the place wasn't full at kickoff, and the mass exodus started early in the 4th quarter.

As a STH during that time, this was witnessed on a weekly basis.

OnTheWarpath15
08-07-2008, 04:11 PM
Their loyal when they think the team is good or has a chance.....this year when they are rebuilding there are possible blackouts looming what's that tell you about our fan base?

There are teams that their games would be sold out every week if they went 0-16.

Exactly.

Deberg_1990
08-07-2008, 04:12 PM

Maybe a few. But for most sports franchises its simple:

Winning teams sell tickets

Losing teams do not.

Bowser
08-07-2008, 04:12 PM
God has bought a house with some acreage outside of Boston. He has forgotten that there is a place called "Kansas City".

SPATCH
08-07-2008, 04:13 PM

name one.... that's not an expansion team... name one

Mecca
08-07-2008, 04:13 PM
Maybe a few. But for most sports franchises its simple:

Winning teams sell tickets

Losing teams do not.

And that's fine, just don't argue that you are one of the most loyal fan bases when in reality you are like most other cities, I think that was the simple point OTW was making.

Mecca
08-07-2008, 04:14 PM
name one.... that's not an expansion team... name one

Redskins.....oh and I believe Denvers games were always sold out even when their teams were complete ass.

OnTheWarpath15
08-07-2008, 04:15 PM
I think we all know that most of the fan apathy can be directly related to Carl Peterson and stale ownership.

I think it has more to do with KC being a small market, and average fans being priced out and being replaced by the wine and cheese crowd.

The average fan will spend the money to support a winner, but disappears when the going gets tough.

SPATCH
08-07-2008, 04:15 PM
Redskins.....oh and I believe Denvers games were always sold out even when their teams were complete ass.

and you have proof of this?

Bowser
08-07-2008, 04:16 PM
I think it has more to do with KC being a small market, and average fans being priced out and being replaced by the wine and cheese crowd.

The average fan will spend the money to support a winner, but disappears when the going gets tough.

It will be interesting if the Chiefs continue to suck to see the parking lot crammed full of people, and the stadium around half full.

OnTheWarpath15
08-07-2008, 04:21 PM

Yep.

In 2007, there were 4 teams who had attendance numbers exceed seating capacity, meaning there were SRO tickets sold in large amounts.

Denver, Carolina and Cincinnati, who were all 7-9.

Baltimore, who was 5-11.

And as pointed out earlier, the Redskins have been over capacity every year since FedEx Field opened, and their record in that time is 42-54.

OnTheWarpath15
08-07-2008, 04:23 PM
It will be interesting if the Chiefs continue to suck to see the parking lot crammed full of people, and the stadium around half full.

I'm fully expecting it this year.

People will come, and tailgate, knowing that they can absolutely STEAL a pair of tickets if they really want to see the game.

Smed1065
08-07-2008, 04:23 PM

Then they will pull a Chicago on you. They will not let you stay in the parking lot tailgating during the game.

Bowser
08-07-2008, 04:27 PM
I'm fully expecting it this year.

People will come, and tailgate, knowing that they can absolutely STEAL a pair of tickets if they really want to see the game.Hell, I've seen that happen the last three seasons. Wait until after kickoff, and you can get lower level tix for ten bucks.

Then they will pull a Chicago on you. They will not let you stay in the parking lot tailgating during the game.

Maybe, but Chicago isn't really set up for tailgating the way Arrowhead is. And if that happens, expect a full on mutiny against Carl Co.

Fish
08-07-2008, 04:52 PM
This thread needs a Prozac and a rainbow....

Hooray Chiefs!

blueballs
08-07-2008, 04:59 PM
people pray more when down on their luck
than when rolling in success and lombardi trophies
he just wants to keep us close

Hootie
08-07-2008, 05:00 PM
at first, the thought of Pennington as a Chief sickened me (when it was brought up earlier in the offseason)...

But now, if he's brought in as a backup, we can cut Huard (eat his salary) and he'll at least be the type of QB that can strive in Gailey's offense if Croyle can't cut it...

There is nothing wrong with having a true veteran QB...come on, Pennington is a big time upgrade over Huard...and Thigpen doesn't appear to be much of a QB prospect from the sound of it.