PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Sippio THEN Moss, TO, Reggie Wayne

Bootlegged
08-08-2008, 08:33 AM
and Braylon Edwards. I can't believe ESPN has Moss ranked ahead of him in Fantasy.

KCJohnny
08-08-2008, 08:35 AM
Its only a matter of time.

Reerun_KC
08-08-2008, 08:36 AM
Zippo was on fire last night... Pics from the game?

http://eatourbrains.com/EoB/wp-content/uploads/2007/01/zippo.JPG

FAX
08-08-2008, 08:38 AM
It's an outrage.

FAX

siberian khatru
08-08-2008, 08:52 AM
DOES BOBBY SIPPIO HAVE TO CHOKE A BITCH?!?!

Warrior5
08-08-2008, 09:06 AM
A haircut would move Sippio up the ranks...

Simply Red
08-08-2008, 09:10 AM
I have nothing to add.

ROYC75
08-08-2008, 09:18 AM
W O W

dorseybowe
08-08-2008, 10:26 AM
I hope you're in my fantasy league.

kcxiv
08-08-2008, 10:54 AM
A haircut would move Sippio up the ranks...

Joe Torre visits the Chiefsplanet?

Hootie
08-08-2008, 11:16 AM
I wonder if Sippio even makes the team?

Bowe, Darling, Franklin, Price, Webb...Sippio? Do we keep 6 wideouts?

HypnotizedMonkey
08-08-2008, 11:52 AM
If Sippio continues to rake in quality numbers in the preseason and is a contributor on special teams they should keep him on. I like his attitude.

B-Siiiiiip!!!!

CrazyPhuD
08-08-2008, 11:54 AM

Was Darling even on the field last night?

teedubya
08-08-2008, 11:54 AM
Plus, he is Bowe's cousin. You don't want to piss off Bowe.

Hootie
08-08-2008, 12:09 PM
Was Darling even on the field last night?

Yes, I think he's a lock to make the team...

I like Sippio, but I think, clearly, Herm prefers the first five I listed with Sippio being #6...

Rausch
08-08-2008, 12:10 PM
Plus, he is Bowe's cousin. You don't want to piss off Bowe.

The blending of personalities and talents on this team would make a shrink's eyes bleed.

It's like Bowe is "Cronus" with LJ as "Ares" and Herm as "Dike"...

Hootie
08-08-2008, 12:12 PM
we have a lot of weapons...Bowe, Tony Gonzalez, LJ, Charles...Cottam/Franklin...we just need our line to give Brodie some time...or Chan to keep this playcalling up...and we can be a top 15 offense in the NFL...which is what Herm wants...

Now if we can only get that defense to top 5...then we'll start contending again...we need some friggin' DE's though.

kcfanXIII
08-08-2008, 12:13 PM

I like Sippio, but I think, clearly, Herm prefers the first five I listed with Sippio being #6...

welcher!!!!!!

and what makes you say herm prefers the others?

Hootie
08-08-2008, 12:16 PM
welcher!!!!!!

and what makes you say herm prefers the others?

Just the way they were filtered in...

Maybe Sippio gets more of a look next game following a solid preseason game 1 performance...

Personally, I really liked Bowe, Franklin, Price and Sippio...but I was mostly impressed with Franklin and Price (Bowe of course is our #1)...

Franklin made 2 really, really, really nice catches...and Price made a great effort on that one near TD catch...and then made another great catch and effort to get in the end zone on his eventual TD catch the next play. And he's a big guy...

RustShack
08-08-2008, 12:19 PM
What about Robinson? When does he come back from injury? If he wins the KR/PR job we keep him as another reciever too right.

Buehler445
08-08-2008, 12:31 PM
What about Robinson? When does he come back from injury? If he wins the KR/PR job we keep him as another reciever too right.

I was just getting ready to say that it gets really crowded when you throw Robinson in there.

Posted via Mobile Device

MGRS13
08-08-2008, 12:53 PM

I like Sippio, but I think, clearly, Herm prefers the first five I listed with Sippio being #6...A lock to make the team even if it is apparent he can't play? Why is it this team continues do this? if he doesn't make a play in any preseason games does he deserve to make this team? i don't care which team defense 1,2, or 3's Price and Sippio made there plays against, the fact is they made plays. Darling is this years Huard (Carl signed him so he's gonna get the spot even if he shouldn't) It's no wonder your defending him Hootie.

Hootie
08-08-2008, 01:06 PM
A lock to make the team even if it is apparent he can't play? Why is it this team continues do this? if he doesn't make a play in any preseason games does he deserve to make this team? i don't care which team defense 1,2, or 3's Price and Sippio made there plays against, the fact is they made plays. Darling is this years Huard (Carl signed him so he's gonna get the spot even if he shouldn't) It's no wonder your defending him Hootie.

Who am I defending?

Darling didn't get any looks...it was 1 game...I have no idea if he's a player or if he's not a player. Don't know a thing about the guy...

As for Huard...I am so happy he played last year because had Brodie been the starter from week 1 he'd have ZERO confidence and he'd be a mess this year...

That wasn't an NFL offense we ran last year, and last night proved it...Brodie looked SWEET out there running Gailey's offense with a 285 LB LT who will be upgraded by our 1st rounder Albert once the season starts...

It's a joke people continue to bash me regarding Huard...Huard, if I am indeed correct, had all of our wins last year...all I ever said about Huard was he ran that dumbass Solari offense better than any QB we've had since Herm was hired...including Trent Green. That's not me thinking Huard is a good QB, never once did I think Huard was a good NFL QB...he's a serviceable backup who can make plays from time to time.

After watching Thigpen last night, I of course think Huard should clearly be our #2 QB...and the only way Brodie doesn't take 100% of the snaps this year is if he gets hurt...because he truly looked like a QB out there last night which was great because, and I know some might find this hard to believe, I'M A FRIGGIN' CHIEFS FAN.

Sure-Oz
08-08-2008, 01:06 PM

Probably not...

I'd assume it will be Bowe, Franklin, Darling Price and i hope Sippio...

I think we need a sure handed guy like him around, and play special teams

Hootie
08-08-2008, 01:09 PM
Probably not...

I'd assume it will be Bowe, Franklin, Darling Price and i hope Sippio...

I think we need a sure handed guy like him around, and play special teams

Meh.

I think Webb is in the mix and has more experience than Sippio and Price...and he proved last year he can play a little...

I forgot about Robinson, too...

I think there is a slim chance Sippio makes the team...it'll come down to Sippio or Price and Price was in with the 2nd unit while Sippio didn't get any looks until late in the game...

I don't give a shit about Darling, either...

Bowe is money and Franklin looked awesome...all we need is one of those other guys to step up, I don't care if it's Darling, Price or Sippio and we'll be set with Tony Gonzalez and Brad Cottam.

My bet is Sippio lands on the practice squad.

Sure-Oz
08-08-2008, 01:11 PM
Meh.

I think Webb is in the mix and has more experience than Sippio and Price...and he proved last year he can play a little...

I forgot about Robinson, too...

I think there is a slim chance Sippio makes the team...it'll come down to Sippio or Price and Price was in with the 2nd unit while Sippio didn't get any looks until late in the game...

I don't give a shit about Darling, either...

Bowe is money and Franklin looked awesome...all we need is one of those other guys to step up, I don't care if it's Darling, Price or Sippio and we'll be set with Tony Gonzalez and Brad Cottam.

My bet is Sippio lands on the practice squad.

I'm fine as long as Sipp stay's on the team in some shape or form. I really want Darling to step up, we need 3 good WR's

Hootie
08-08-2008, 01:13 PM
I'm enamored with this Price fella myself...

And wow, wow, wow to Franklin...I have no problem with him being our Brandon Marshall (minus all of the police shit)...

RustShack
08-08-2008, 01:14 PM
I still think Darling will have a better year than Fanklin.

FAX
08-08-2008, 01:15 PM
...My bet is Sippio lands on the practice squad.

That would be my guess if they had to make the decision today. I wouldn't be happy about it given that SIPPIO!!! is the heart and soul of this team and scored the winning touchdown last night and all he does is win friggin' football games.

He and Price will get more looks as the preseason wears on. One of them will emerge as the greatest scoring receiver of all preseason times. We'll see. Right now it's tied 1 to 1.

FAX

Sure-Oz
08-08-2008, 01:17 PM
Where the hell did price come from?? He kinda looked like Plax last night

RustShack
08-08-2008, 01:17 PM
I don't think Sippio is even elligable for the PS...

RustShack
08-08-2008, 01:18 PM
Where the hell did price come from?? He kinda looked like Plax last night

He looked good in TC last year I thought, but he got hurt and we kept him on the IR all year. Nice college stats too, but he didn't play for a very big or good college.

FAX
08-08-2008, 01:18 PM
Why?

FAX

Sure-Oz
08-08-2008, 01:19 PM
He looked good in TC last year I thought, but he got hurt and we kept him on the IR all year. Nice college stats too, but he didn't play for a very big or good college.

Thanks, i like how Franklin's uncle is Darnay Scott, not a bad WR in his day

ChiefsFan4Life
08-08-2008, 01:19 PM
SIPPIO FOR PRESIDENT

FAX
08-08-2008, 01:20 PM
Why isn't SIPPIO!!! available for the practice squad?

FAX

RustShack
08-08-2008, 01:20 PM
I don't think your elligable after you've been in the NFL for two years... or maybe its you can only be on the PS for two years... but he was with the Dolphins as a CB before he went to the AFL and then he was with us last year. I could be wrong though, he might be able to be placed on it. Would someone scoop him up from us though? What if he becomes a star with another team!? :p

TrebMaxx
08-08-2008, 01:23 PM
I don't understand the love affair some have with Webb.

RustShack
08-08-2008, 01:24 PM

I used to have one, but I've lost it.

blueballs
08-08-2008, 01:24 PM
is this meth bad
or are you suggesting we bring in Culpeper

Mr. Flopnuts
08-08-2008, 01:29 PM
Who am I defending?

Darling didn't get any looks...it was 1 game...I have no idea if he's a player or if he's not a player. Don't know a thing about the guy...

As for Huard...I am so happy he played last year because had Brodie been the starter from week 1 he'd have ZERO confidence and he'd be a mess this year...

That wasn't an NFL offense we ran last year, and last night proved it...Brodie looked SWEET out there running Gailey's offense with a 285 LB LT who will be upgraded by our 1st rounder Albert once the season starts...

It's a joke people continue to bash me regarding Huard...Huard, if I am indeed correct, had all of our wins last year...all I ever said about Huard was he ran that dumbass Solari offense better than any QB we've had since Herm was hired...including Trent Green. That's not me thinking Huard is a good QB, never once did I think Huard was a good NFL QB...he's a serviceable backup who can make plays from time to time.

After watching Thigpen last night, I of course think Huard should clearly be our #2 QB...and the only way Brodie doesn't take 100% of the snaps this year is if he gets hurt...because he truly looked like a QB out there last night which was great because, and I know some might find this hard to believe, I'M A FRIGGIN' CHIEFS FAN.

That's the problem for some people on this board. People talk about being "realistic" fans, and don't feel they should be bashed for it, but at the same time want to bash you for being eternally optimistic. It's a chiefsplanet thing. Everyone needs to get over it and realize that this board is all about bashing you when you're not agreed with. It's what makes this place great. People are free to say what's on their mind whenever it's on their mind.

Hootie
08-08-2008, 01:29 PM

He really hasn't done anything to make me think he sucks. I don't think he's a #1, #2 or anything more than a decent #3 WR...

All I'm saying is, as of now, there really is no difference between Webb, Price, and Sippio...and the coaches see them every day, so I will have to trust their judgment...because 1 or maybe 2 of those guys are making it, I doubt all 3 will.

The Franchise
08-08-2008, 01:31 PM
This makes me wish that there was some way we could keep 6 WRs. This is the one position that I thought we were going to completely blow at. I know it's just one preseason game but pretty much all of our WRs (except Darling) showed up in some form last night. Even Webb had a couple of catches that were good.

J Diddy
08-08-2008, 01:35 PM
He really hasn't done anything to make me think he sucks. I don't think he's a #1, #2 or anything more than a decent #3 WR...

All I'm saying is, as of now, there really is no difference between Webb, Price, and Sippio...and the coaches see them every day, so I will have to trust their judgment...because 1 or maybe 2 of those guys are making it, I doubt all 3 will.

He hasn't really done anything to make me think he can play.

Hootie
08-08-2008, 01:35 PM
That's the problem for some people on this board. People talk about being "realistic" fans, and don't feel they should be bashed for it, but at the same time want to bash you for being eternally optimistic. It's a chiefsplanet thing. Everyone needs to get over it and realize that this board is all about bashing you when you're not agreed with. It's what makes this place great. People are free to say what's on their mind whenever it's on their mind.

and I don't mind it...

I love being optimistic, I love the Chiefs...football season is the one sports season of the year I am enthused from week 1 through the Super Bowl...

I just think people are delusional and believe what they want to believe...I am optimistic, but I am realistically optimistic...

Last year, from DAY FRIGGIN' ONE, I wanted them to start the season with Huard, watch us fall to 1-3 with that ridiculous schedule, and then give the reigns over to Croyle for the "easy" stretch...

My feelings were modified after we shocked San Diego and after I watched Croyle in the preseason...and that's only because I legitimately felt the Chiefs had a chance to win the "weak" AFC West...which, IMO, is better than 4-12 even if we don't win a Super Bowl...

However, we choked the Green Bay game away big time (we win that game and LJ stays healthy, I truly believe we push San Diego for the division), lost LJ and proceeded to fold and then I think we pretty much tanked it from there on out...

And I'm happy about it, because now we have Dorsey, Albert, Flowers, Charles, Cottam, Morgan, Franklin and Carr to be excited about...and in addition to Croyle, Bowe, DJ, Page and Pollard that's a pretty good young nucleus to start building around...and we have so much cap room for when these guys are ready we can buy a big time player like Julius Peppers (or whatever free agent end will be available) to push us over the edge when need be...or we can stick to building and adding through the draft...

CrazyPhuD
08-08-2008, 01:37 PM

Well that's a shitty opinion!

FAX
08-08-2008, 01:38 PM

As a complete and total homer of the first degree, I would like to take this opportunity to compliment you on this here post, Mr. Mr Flopnuts.

Some Planeteers like to impress others with their cynicsm because, for some reason, they have come to believe that sounding skeptical is the same thing as sounding intelligent. Others would make great cheerleaders were it not for the unfortunate fact that they lack tittahs.

The truth is, of course, somewhere in the middle. The main thing that Chiefs fans have to remember is that this team will be very, very inconsistent for some time. Good games in which we look like a playoff caliber squad and bad games that make you want to shoot yourself in the pelvis.

Herm has bitten off a heck of a lot with "The Plan". It will take time ... lots of time to see it through. It's probably a 4500 meltdown deal, at least.

FAX

Hootie
08-08-2008, 01:40 PM
This makes me wish that there was some way we could keep 6 WRs. This is the one position that I thought we were going to completely blow at. I know it's just one preseason game but pretty much all of our WRs (except Darling) showed up in some form last night. Even Webb had a couple of catches that were good.

I think Sams will be cut...he's pretty much useless...but that's assuming Robinson handles the KR/PR duties...

We are pretty crowded at skill positions, as well...Jackie Battle looks pretty decent, so can we afford to keep LJ, Charles, Smith, and Battle? Are we giving up on Smith already? He played well last year when he was in the game...

I think we'll have to make some tough cuts this year...

Hopefully next season in the 3rd or 4th round we target a center...because I think Rudy blows.

And shit, if we landed a premiere LT in round 1...move Waters to center and Albert to LG (I don't give a shit if we drafted him to be a tackle) and we'd be on our way to having a great offensive line...

That reminds me, I'm going to bust out the Tivo and see how Richardson did last night...I forgot to watch for him.

The Franchise
08-08-2008, 01:44 PM
I think Sams will be cut...he's pretty much useless...but that's assuming Robinson handles the KR/PR duties...

We are pretty crowded at skill positions, as well...Jackie Battle looks pretty decent, so can we afford to keep LJ, Charles, Smith, and Battle? Are we giving up on Smith already? He played well last year when he was in the game...

I think we'll have to make some tough cuts this year...

Hopefully next season in the 3rd or 4th round we target a center...because I think Rudy blows.

And shit, if we landed a premiere LT in round 1...move Waters to center and Albert to LG (I don't give a shit if we drafted him to be a tackle) and we'd be on our way to having a great offensive line...

That reminds me, I'm going to bust out the Tivo and see how Richardson did last night...I forgot to watch for him.

Yeah, I didn't see much from Sams last night except the two times that he called for a fair catch. I'm hoping that Robinson and Charles can handle the KR/PR duties.

You're right that there are going to be some tough cuts. We're absolutely stacked at the RB position right now. I'm thinking that LJ and Charles are really the only lock. Smith is injured right now so I don't know if he's going to stick around on the roster....especially if Battle out performs him. I'd like to see Savage stay...but we just don't have the room for him. Hopefully he'll stick on the practice squad.

Our right side of the line is still a gaping hole right now. McIntosh is proving that he can't handle the RT position and Jones wasn't doing very good last night at the RG position. If we're going to take our licks this year...then I'd like to see Richardson either put at the RG or RT position so that he can get some experience. At least with Herb Taylor we have a decent backup LT if Albert can't come back right away.

EDIT: Wasn't it said in training camp that Richardson is awesome at run blocking but he needs work at pass blocking? So shouldn't that make him a good fit at the RG spot?

Hootie
08-08-2008, 01:46 PM
at least Herm gets it...you build your team from the trenches...

We have a great young OT and a great young DT...next year we can add to that with hopefully another OT and a DE...

FAX
08-08-2008, 01:48 PM

We have a great young OT and a great young DT...next year we can add to that with hopefully another OT and a DE...

Please. Now, you're going overboard. Herm's "trenchers" have been and remain the worst group of oversized morons in the league. If Hermoine has proved one thing for damn certain, it's that he is utterly clueless when it comes to linemen.

FAX

The Franchise
08-08-2008, 01:49 PM

I'm still not sure about our Dline right now. I'm hoping that Dorsey can add a better push when he comes back from injury.

Hootie
08-08-2008, 01:50 PM
Please. Now, you're going overboard. Herm's "trenchers" have been and remain the worst group of oversized morons in the league. If Hermoine has proved one thing for damn certain, it's that he is utterly clueless when it comes to linemen.

FAX

Well, Hali worries me...but other than that...he didn't really get handed much to work with.

Hopefully Tank and Dorsey are as good as I think they will be...

and McBride was the only DE all night that was getting any sort of pressure, albeit very little...

J Diddy
08-08-2008, 01:52 PM

FAX

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt

FAX
08-08-2008, 02:01 PM
I look at it this way ... the skill positions can't improve as quickly without a solid offensive line. The same thing applies to the LBs and DBs and the defensive line.

Last year, Herm fielded arguably the worst offensive line in the history of professional football ... and that was after having 2 years to evaluate. This year, on the offensive side of the ball, we've patched some holes and drafted a kid who's playing out of his traditional position. We've moved the Big Apple to RT and he's stated publicly it's not his forte. RG is still a question mark as is Center.

Defensively, we've moved Hali to the right side - a position he's obviously uncomfortable in and we're playing a DT on the left side and hoping for the best. Tank and Turk are taking turns falling down which is good if they happen to do it on a quarterback.

I don't see Herm's ability to create or commitment to field lines that allow us to progress in other areas with consistency. Do you?

FAX

The Franchise
08-08-2008, 02:04 PM
I look at it this way ... the skill positions can't improve as quickly without a solid offensive line. The same thing applies to the LBs and DBs and the defensive line.

Last year, Herm fielded arguably the worst offensive line in the history of professional football ... and that was after having 2 years to evaluate. This year, on the offensive side of the ball, we've patched some holes and drafted a kid who's playing out of his traditional position. We've moved the Big Apple to RT and he's stated publicly it's not his forte. RG is still a question mark as is Center.

Defensively, we've moved Hali to the right side - a position he's obviously uncomfortable in and we're playing a DT on the left side and hoping for the best. Tank and Turk are taking turns falling down which is good if they happen to do it on a quarterback.

I don't see Herm's ability to create or commitment to field lines that allow us to progress in other areas with consistency. Do you?

FAX

How much of that also has to be put on the shoulders of Tim Krumrie? At some point in time the guy has to chime in and say look....these guys are out of position....move them back.

Mr. Flopnuts
08-08-2008, 03:27 PM
and I don't mind it...

I love being optimistic, I love the Chiefs...football season is the one sports season of the year I am enthused from week 1 through the Super Bowl...

I just think people are delusional and believe what they want to believe...I am optimistic, but I am realistically optimistic...

Last year, from DAY FRIGGIN' ONE, I wanted them to start the season with Huard, watch us fall to 1-3 with that ridiculous schedule, and then give the reigns over to Croyle for the "easy" stretch...

My feelings were modified after we shocked San Diego and after I watched Croyle in the preseason...and that's only because I legitimately felt the Chiefs had a chance to win the "weak" AFC West...which, IMO, is better than 4-12 even if we don't win a Super Bowl...

However, we choked the Green Bay game away big time (we win that game and LJ stays healthy, I truly believe we push San Diego for the division), lost LJ and proceeded to fold and then I think we pretty much tanked it from there on out...

And I'm happy about it, because now we have Dorsey, Albert, Flowers, Charles, Cottam, Morgan, Franklin and Carr to be excited about...and in addition to Croyle, Bowe, DJ, Page and Pollard that's a pretty good young nucleus to start building around...and we have so much cap room for when these guys are ready we can buy a big time player like Julius Peppers (or whatever free agent end will be available) to push us over the edge when need be...or we can stick to building and adding through the draft...

You and me are in the same boat. Same reasons for Huard starting and all. I too am an eternally optimistic fan. How could you be anything less? To each his own, but it would ruin the game for me.

Line Judge
08-09-2008, 01:53 PM
I spent 4 days at training camp and watched Sippio every chance I got. I don't remember him dropping a pass. He seems to catch everything. They say he won't make the team because he is too slow. Parker was fast but he couldn't catch the ball. Sometimes you just have to move the chains. You need someone to go 5 yards and hang on to the ball in a crowd. You need someone that has a high probability for success when you really need it. They need Sippio. They can keep him and 4 rockets.

Hootie
08-09-2008, 04:59 PM
I spent 4 days at training camp and watched Sippio every chance I got. I don't remember him dropping a pass. He seems to catch everything. They say he won't make the team because he is too slow. Parker was fast but he couldn't catch the ball. Sometimes you just have to move the chains. You need someone to go 5 yards and hang on to the ball in a crowd. You need someone that has a high probability for success when you really need it. They need Sippio. They can keep him and 4 rockets.

If he's THIS good at catching the football...he must run a 4.8 and terrible routes.

Mecca
08-09-2008, 05:27 PM
I don't care if he has the greatest hands in the world, if you can't separate at the NFL level you can't play.

What's the QB suppose to do throw it through the DB's chest?

FAX
08-09-2008, 05:48 PM
A solid possession receiver is nice to have. SIPPIO!!! should have an opportunity, in my opinion. Run him off some picks or isolate him on a linebacker. No problem.

FAX

Bootlegged
08-28-2008, 07:18 PM
Ehem.