PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Bottom Line...

Rick
08-08-2008, 03:24 PM
We won with what we had. Our first team played better than theirs and our back ups somehow won the game. We showed we could be worse---look at last years preseason----THAT was horrible. No predictions of win or loss here but I thought last night was a nice step forward instead of looking like last year or worse. :D

RustShack
08-08-2008, 03:27 PM
Go Chiefs!

chiefs1111
08-08-2008, 03:46 PM
Yeah,we have some good young talent here.

KCrockaholic
08-08-2008, 03:48 PM
Will Franklin seemed to step it up big for us...and DaJuan Morgan was in on alot of tackles in the 3rd and 4th Q

Vegas_Dave
08-08-2008, 04:02 PM
Brodie looked VERY solid. Made good choices. When the play was busted, he threw it away right away rather then trying to "make something happen". His passes were on target and were thrown well.

Smart play by Brodie.

chiefs1111
08-08-2008, 04:07 PM
Brodie looked VERY solid. Made good choices. When the play was busted, he threw it away right away rather then trying to "make something happen". His passes were on target and were thrown well.

Smart play by Brodie.

Yup,now lets hope he can continue to do that.....

Rick
08-08-2008, 04:15 PM
Will Franklin seemed to step it up big for us...and DaJuan Morgan was in on alot of tackles in the 3rd and 4th Q
I didn't know Franklin was so big. He was well-known at Missouri for not being afraid to go over the middle and take hits---sure showed that last night.:clap:

Micjones
08-08-2008, 04:17 PM
The thing that impressed me most was the fact that the team seemed to have a sense of pride. That goes a long way in my book. Just give a damn fellas.

Micjones
08-08-2008, 04:18 PM
I didn't know Franklin was so big. He was well-known at Missouri for not being afraid to go over the middle and take hits---sure showed that last night.:clap:

I didn't realize Jamaal Charles was so well put together.
I thought he was considerably smaller.

Coogs
08-08-2008, 04:19 PM
The thing that impressed me most was the fact that the team seemed to have a sense of pride. That goes a long way in my book. Just give a damn fellas.

:clap: Yep!

Micjones
08-08-2008, 04:23 PM
This team for years seemed to lack the mental toughness necessarily to being a contending football team. I'm glad Herm's been able to impose his will on this team. They need to be prideful.

KcMizzou
08-08-2008, 05:52 PM
The thing that impressed me most was the fact that the team seemed to have a sense of pride. That goes a long way in my book. Just give a damn fellas.Yeah... and it was great seeing the vets jumping around and high fiving the young guys at the end there. LJ, Gonzo, etc...

An infusion of young, talented, enthusiastic players is just what the doctor ordered. Win or lose, I look forward to watching them again.

JuicesFlowing
08-08-2008, 06:00 PM
I'm glad that they have a new attitude. Last year absolutely horrid. I think a winning culture is definitely being taught to these youngsters. And we have some seasoned veterans in there to help lead the way.

Rick
08-08-2008, 06:40 PM
Yeah... and it was great seeing the vets jumping around and high fiving the young guys at the end there. LJ, Gonzo, etc...

An infusion of young, talented, enthusiastic players is just what the doctor ordered. Win or lose, I look forward to watching them again.True, that was awesome to see. I can't remember when a preseason game meant so much to this team-----that's where it starts.:rockon:

Craqhead
08-08-2008, 06:44 PM
Yup good too see them young fella's out there flying around and having fun. Making plays.

Mecca
08-08-2008, 06:47 PM
We don't really know if they have a new attitude or not, people were saying that last year after they won a real game in San Diego and we saw how that turned out....the 1st preseason game doesn't tell us a whole lot...

chiefs1111
08-08-2008, 06:50 PM
We don't really know if they have a new attitude or not, people were saying that last year after they won a real game in San Diego and we saw how that turned out....the 1st preseason game doesn't tell us a whole lot...

Very true,but you can always hope...

KcMizzou
08-08-2008, 06:51 PM
We don't really know if they have a new attitude or not, people were saying that last year after they won a real game in San Diego and we saw how that turned out....the 1st preseason game doesn't tell us a whole lot...I'm not saying it's an indication that we'll be a good team this season. Just that it's refreshing, and it's a step in the right direction.

I do feel fairly confident that we'll be a better team this season.

Mecca
08-08-2008, 06:52 PM
Here this is what I saw and it's stuff I already knew.....

Jamaal Charles is an excellent 2nd back because of his speed and difference from LJ. DaJuan Morgan is very talented but extremely raw..our DL is very shitty, our OL has numerous issues...

Croyle is up and down, he threw some good balls mixed with bad ones and his happy feet thing frustrates me, I don't know if he's scared of dying or he just does it.

KcMizzou
08-08-2008, 06:54 PM
DaJuan Morgan is very talented but extremely raw..Speaking of Morgan, I was impressed when he ran down the RB on that long breakaway run. I though for sure that was going to the house.

I didn't realize he was that fast.

TEX
08-08-2008, 06:58 PM
True, that was awesome to see. I can't remember when a preseason game meant so much to this team-----that's where it starts.:rockon:

Yep. It usually does mean the world to bad teams.

Rick
08-09-2008, 03:23 PM
Yep. It usually does mean the world to bad teams.That's news? I thought 4-12 meant good!!!

:bong:

Mr. Arrowhead
08-09-2008, 03:26 PM
wow, a thread that positive about the chiefs. I dont know if i can take this

BigMeatballDave
08-09-2008, 03:45 PM
Croyle is up and down, he threw some good balls mixed with bad ones and his happy feet thing frustrates me, I don't know if he's scared of dying or he just does it.Peyton has happy feet. Who cares?

MGRS13
08-09-2008, 04:04 PM
The offense looked better then I thought. The defense looked worse then I could ever imagine. But most importantly what I took away from the game was that the Bears might just get that #1 overall pick in next years draft that I wanted the chiefs to get.....I mean shit the bears looked just awful they are going to be terrible.