PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV Hollywood people are weird

kstater
08-08-2008, 05:20 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080808/ap_on_en_mo/people_matthew_mcconaughey

NEW YORK - Matthew McConaughey says the birth of his son will help bring a little joy to others in the world someday. The actor kept the placenta from the July birth of his son and plans to plant it in an orchard, he tells CNN's "House Call with Dr. Sanjay Gupta" in interview scheduled to air in two parts Aug. 9 and Aug 16.
ADVERTISEMENT

McConaughey says he hopes it will fertilize the land, a ritual long followed in several cultures.

"It's going to be in the orchards and it's going to bear some wonderful fruit," he says, according to an interview transcript. "When I was in Australia, they had a placenta tree that was on the river ... and all the placentas of all that tribe, all that clan, whatever aboriginal tribe that was, all the placentas went under that one tree and it was this huge behemoth of just health and strength.

"This tree was just growing taller and stronger above the rest of Mother Nature around it. It was gorgeous."

McConaughey also says he and his girlfriend Camila Alves have enjoyed integrating their new baby, Levi Alves McConaughey, into their lives. Already they've started introducing him to the "sights and the sounds" of the world — including a John Mellencamp concert.

"You're never told in our house, 'Shh, Levi is sleeping.' No. Get used to the ambiance. Come with us. That's how I was raised," he says.

Skip Towne
08-08-2008, 05:22 PM
Blech

The Franchise
08-08-2008, 05:22 PM

NEW YORK - Matthew McConaughey says the birth of his son will help bring a little joy to others in the world someday. The actor kept the placenta from the July birth of his son and plans to plant it in an orchard, he tells CNN's "House Call with Dr. Sanjay Gupta" in interview scheduled to air in two parts Aug. 9 and Aug 16.
ADVERTISEMENT

McConaughey says he hopes it will fertilize the land, a ritual long followed in several cultures.

"It's going to be in the orchards and it's going to bear some wonderful fruit," he says, according to an interview transcript. "When I was in Australia, they had a placenta tree that was on the river ... and all the placentas of all that tribe, all that clan, whatever aboriginal tribe that was, all the placentas went under that one tree and it was this huge behemoth of just health and strength.

"This tree was just growing taller and stronger above the rest of Mother Nature around it. It was gorgeous."

McConaughey also says he and his girlfriend Camila Alves have enjoyed integrating their new baby, Levi Alves McConaughey, into their lives. Already they've started introducing him to the "sights and the sounds" of the world — including a John Mellencamp concert.

"You're never told in our house, 'Shh, Levi is sleeping.' No. Get used to the ambiance. Come with us. That's how I was raised," he says.

Well.....that kid is already gay.

Rain Man
08-08-2008, 05:25 PM
A family in my neighborhood did the same thing, except instead of the placenta they buried the whole baby. Best damn apple pie I've ever had.

kstater
08-08-2008, 05:27 PM
A family in my neighborhood did the same thing, except instead of the placenta they buried the whole baby. Best damn apple pie I've ever had.

I.....I.......I don't even know where to go with this one.

Groves
08-08-2008, 05:27 PM
Weak sauce. If you're going to copy cat, then go all the way. I think the ancient cultures buried the whole living kid in the land, not just the placenta. Or maybe they killed it first?

blueballs
08-08-2008, 05:34 PM
failing career move
get attention

DaneMcCloud
08-08-2008, 05:34 PM

ADVERTISEMENT

He lives in Austin, TX.

Blame George Bush.

plbrdude
08-08-2008, 06:58 PM

that may be wrong on many levels. but i couldn't help but laugh.

Phobia
08-08-2008, 07:07 PM
I think it's cool of him. Better than eating the placenta as some cultures do.

JBucc
08-08-2008, 07:08 PM
I think it's cool of him. Better than eating the placenta as some cultures do.Also better than mistaking it for an organ and shoving it back in.

sportsman1
08-08-2008, 08:06 PM
Heh if only you lived in Memphis. I have only lived here for two months and they have already redefined what is weird for me. This doesn't even register as weird anymore.

Phobia
08-08-2008, 08:18 PM
Heh if only you lived in Memphis. I have only lived here for two months and they have already redefined what is weird for me. This doesn't even register as weird anymore.

Wait a minute.... You're the outsider there. You're the weird one. They're perfectly normal.

Oh, wait. I may have momentarily forgotten about Ultra Peanut.