PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Probably the most encouraging quote from Herm Edwards yet

Hammock Parties
08-09-2008, 12:31 AM
If this doesn't make you feel good about the offense, nothing will.

“We came out with the intent that when they put eight guys (on the line of scrimmage), we were going to throw the ball,” coach Herm Edwards said. “We wanted to see what those guys could do.”

Rausch
08-09-2008, 12:33 AM
And what we did was convert 3rd downs and score.

Nice.

08-09-2008, 12:34 AM
But will he have this mentality in the regular season.

Hammock Parties
08-09-2008, 12:44 AM
And what we did was convert 3rd downs and score.

Nice.

I'm still waiting for someone to bitch about the fact that we scored on a running play on third down. :evil:

DaneMcCloud
08-09-2008, 12:56 AM

I truly and honestly think that Herm was "stuck" with Solari and the offensive coaches he inherited from Vermeil.

Last night's game (especially the first team) proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that Solari wasn't qualified in any way, shape or form to be an offensive coordinator.

Additionally, the re-made offensive line (minus Solari) was rather impressive against Chicago's vaunted front seven.

I'm not predicting that the Chiefs will win more than 4 games this year (way too many holes - MLB, DE, CB, KR, RT, RG) but with one more draft, this team may be set for years to come.

VERY encouraging. Preseason or not.

08-09-2008, 01:13 AM
I truly and honestly think that Herm was "stuck" with Solari and the offensive coaches he inherited from Vermeil.

Last night's game (especially the first team) proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that Solari wasn't qualified in any way, shape or form to be an offensive coordinator.

Additionally, the re-made offensive line (minus Solari) was rather impressive against Chicago's vaunted front seven.

I'm not predicting that the Chiefs will win more than 4 games this year (way too many holes - MLB, DE, CB, KR, RT, RG) but with one more draft, this team may be set for years to come.

VERY encouraging. Preseason or not.

I only hope that is more than just a dream.

DaneMcCloud
08-09-2008, 01:17 AM
I only hope that is more than just a dream.

If it's not, what will we all to talk about? :evil:

Hammock Parties
08-09-2008, 01:18 AM
Nick was in an offensive meeting during training camp. He said Herm Edwards knows a lot more about offense than he lets on in public.

DaneMcCloud
08-09-2008, 01:25 AM
Nick was in an offensive meeting during training camp. He said Herm Edwards knows a lot more about offense than he lets on in public.

I really, really like you, Clay and I dig you writing. You're definitely improving.

But at the risk of being a dick (ah, who am I kidding!), you lose me when you bring up your boss.

Sorry, Man.

I'd feel the same way if you worked for Harvey Levin (TMZ.com and TMZ series).

I'm just not a fan of star****ers.

Smed1065
08-09-2008, 01:31 AM

About football?

ROFL

HypnotizedMonkey
08-09-2008, 06:32 AM
Air Herm! lol

the Talking Can
08-09-2008, 06:33 AM

hilariously ****ing stupid

ROFL

Sully
08-09-2008, 07:05 AM

Just because he knows more than Nick, doesn't mean he knows a lot.

JuicesFlowing
08-09-2008, 07:17 AM

Chan Gailey calls the plays that work best for the situation. At least from what I've read ... totally unlike Solari.

blueballs
08-09-2008, 07:24 AM
Head coaches are like politicians
they're controled by lobbyest too

08-09-2008, 07:27 AM
I will tell you that Herm really is an enigma. in the Jets 2002 playoff game against the Colts they had a big lead at halftime. and when Herm was asked what the game plan was for the second half he said ''score more points'', I was like :eek:. they won that game 41-0. then two years later in Pittsburgh he reverts to being a ****ing retard. never get comfortable with anything he does for the moment because it means nothing about what he's going to do tomorrow.

Fairplay
08-09-2008, 07:48 AM

Umm....yeah...whatever.

BigChiefFan
08-09-2008, 07:57 AM
Air Herm! lolNot to get off topic, but I really dig your artwork.

HypnotizedMonkey
08-09-2008, 09:03 AM
Not to get off topic, but I really dig your artwork.

thanks! you rock!