PDA

View Full Version : Football Pennington is a Fin: Am I the only one relieved?

Jawshco
08-09-2008, 09:29 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-bucs-dolphins&prov=ap&type=lgns

The Dolphins have signed Pennington. This makes perfect sense for them, but I'm so happy it didn't happen to us. Brodie looked good on Thursday, and we don't need another QB controversy. Plus, Pennington isn't that good. I mean Huard showed me enough to feel comfortable going into the season the way we are.

For me, I'm relieved.

SPchief
08-09-2008, 09:29 PM
I'm shocked. This is so suprising

blueballs
08-09-2008, 09:30 PM
wear diapers

Jawshco
08-09-2008, 09:31 PM
wear diapers

Crap, I knew someone was going to say that! Couldn't think of anyway else to word it though...

UteChief
08-09-2008, 10:00 PM
I am relieved. He didn't do anything as a Jet and won't accomplish anything as a Dolphin.

Mr. Flopnuts
08-09-2008, 11:29 PM
I can't begin to tell you just how disappointed I am that Chad to the mother grabbin Pennington won't be leading the Chiefs to a Super Bowl this year. This is a mistake bigger than the one Green Bay made. BIGGER!!!!!!

FloridaMan88
08-10-2008, 06:22 AM
I'm sure Herm is greatly distressed by this. After all Pennington, who can't throw the ball more than 5 yards downfield is the perfect fit for Herm's miserable offense.

HypnotizedMonkey
08-10-2008, 06:44 AM
Ricky Williams baby!!! This bong rip's for YOU!

blueballs
08-10-2008, 08:19 AM
That division is a broadcaster's nightmare or heaven
they got to blow Belichick - Parcells and Favre
and the sad sack Bills get ignored like lime jello salad

Otter
08-10-2008, 08:26 AM
Brodie is starting all 16 games. No need for Pennington.

dorseybowe
08-10-2008, 11:54 AM

Geez, I hope so. [Visions of Trent Green getting his head slammed]

RibKing67
08-10-2008, 11:59 AM
and the sad sack Bills get ignored like lime jello salad

No you have it all wrong. Mecca has the Bills going to the playoffs. They are not lime jello salad.

The Bad Guy
08-10-2008, 12:06 PM

The Dolphins have signed Pennington. This makes perfect sense for them, but I'm so happy it didn't happen to us. Brodie looked good on Thursday, and we don't need another QB controversy. Plus, Pennington isn't that good. I mean Huard showed me enough to feel comfortable going into the season the way we are.

For me, I'm relieved.

Yep. 1 good preseason quarter and now we don't need to have any QB controversies.

If Brodie Croyle is that weak-minded that competition rattles him, then I don't want him as the QB of this team.

The Bad Guy
08-10-2008, 12:07 PM

There's a better chance of you starting one game for the Chiefs than Brodie starting all 16.

JuicesFlowing
08-10-2008, 12:20 PM

I'd prefer Pennington as a backup to Huard, but we don't need that drama all season. If Croyle stays healthy (and plays well) it's not going to matter who the backup is.

RibKing67
08-10-2008, 12:29 PM
There's a better chance of you starting one game for the Chiefs than Brodie starting all 16.

Then sign me up I want to play just one more game in pads b4 I die.
Come on, why do you have to think so negitive of Brodie anyway?
He did look much improved Thursday. I am not a fortune teller but I would like to see Brodie start all 16 games and make guys like you eat your words.

The Bad Guy
08-10-2008, 12:33 PM
Then sign me up I want to play just one more game in pads b4 I die.
Come on, why do you have to think so negitive of Brodie anyway?
He did look much improved Thursday. I am not a fortune teller but I would like to see Brodie start all 16 games and make guys like you eat your words.

Being realistic isn't being negative.

The guy was constantly hurt at Alabama.

He was hurt last year.

Yeah, I'm secretly hoping he can't start all 16 so I can see Damon Huard again.

Get a grip.

dorseybowe
08-10-2008, 12:48 PM
Croyle's major injuries since high school:

1) torn labrum
2) elbow dislocation
3) torn ACL's in both knees.

The Bad Guy
08-10-2008, 01:16 PM
Croyle's major injuries since high school:

1) torn labrum
2) elbow dislocation
3) torn ACL's in both knees.

Pretty extensive.

dorseybowe
08-10-2008, 01:19 PM
Pretty extensive.

No doubt. It's not even worth mentioning all the minor nicks. Hamstrings, bruised throwing hand, etc. etc. I really wanted the guy to add about 30 lbs coming out of college, but he obviously isn't working very hard on that.

Rasputin
08-10-2008, 01:23 PM

For me, I'm relieved.

PBJPBJPBJPBJPBJPBJPBJPBJ

blueballs
08-19-2008, 09:01 PM
No dolphin fans has showed up with puffed out chests
Finheaven must have forgotten all about chiefsplanet

Smed1065
08-19-2008, 09:11 PM
Since TG became the starter..........

Err.. I mean they got him.

Had him....

bigbucks24
08-19-2008, 10:30 PM
No dolphin fans has showed up with puffed out chests
Finheaven must have forgotten all about chiefsplanet

Finheaven is still around, though more people are at ThePhins nowadays. And Dolphin fans still read this board. As with any board, there are a few fans that are sure that Noodle Arm is going to lead the beloved Phins to the promise land. However, like most boards including this one, most of the Phin fans know that Noodle is severely limited, but it better than anything we have on the roster. He isn't the long term solution, but might help us to be a 4-12 team instead of a 2-14 team. Most of us realize that he is what he is and is our best option, for now.

blueballs
08-19-2008, 10:32 PM
Fin fans invaded
but not nearly as cockroachy as JET fans