PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports *** The OFFICIAL U.S. Hoops Thread *** takin' back what's rightfully ours

SPATCH
08-11-2008, 01:37 AM
Its the most important thing, to me, about this olympics... and I thought it deserved its own thread.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rbZTmcIfdBQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rbZTmcIfdBQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

teedubya
08-11-2008, 01:41 AM
i want to find teh damn torrent.... probably be up in a couple days or so.

SPATCH
08-11-2008, 01:46 AM
i quite enjoyed the thunderous dunks against china... the chinese were trying to defend the dunks at first, which was hilarious because they had american nut-sacks all up in their eyes like everytime ROFL

it was funny when they became completely demoralized and started letting them just dunk uncontested....

oh, and this next matchup they have against angola is gonna be worse... that's going to be a goddamn bloodbath.

teedubya
08-11-2008, 01:49 AM
the talent on this team is ridiculous, for sure... wish Paul Pierce was on the team, though.

teedubya
08-11-2008, 01:50 AM
Kick off Carmelo's ass off and add Paul Pierce. bastiges.

POND_OF_RED
08-11-2008, 02:32 AM
Game winning shots in Olympics:
:mizzou:-1
:KU: -0

Silock
08-11-2008, 03:41 AM
Game winning shots in Olympics:
:mizzou:-1
:KU: -0

Game winning shots in National Championships:
:KU: 4
:mizzou: 0

I mean, at some point, there had to be a shot that put the game away, right?

BigRedChief
08-11-2008, 07:55 AM
Just don't turn it into some kind of ugly Armerican arrogance on the court or with some off the court comments. Stay classy.

BigRedChief
08-11-2008, 08:20 AM
KC Star: Give Coach K an F for diplomacy.

http://www.kansascity.com/862/story/742543.html

Skip Towne
08-11-2008, 08:26 AM
Needs more :KU:

little jacob
08-11-2008, 08:47 AM
zzzz

StcChief
08-11-2008, 09:39 AM
Just don't turn it into some kind of ugly Armerican arrogance on the court or with some off the court comments. Stay classy.
with the cast of characters assembled "somebody will pop off a comment"
unless players aren't allowed to talk in the heat of the moment after a W.

Lzen
08-11-2008, 09:55 AM
KC Star: Give Coach K an F for diplomacy.

http://www.kansascity.com/862/story/742543.html

Lame article. I don't agree.

Lzen
08-11-2008, 09:56 AM
BTW, the next game is schedule for 7am Central Time tomorrow against Angola.

SPATCH
08-11-2008, 11:58 AM
Kick off Carmelo's ass off and add Paul Pierce. bastiges.

but Melo has been the leading scorer for the US each of the last three years... and i don't think paul pierce has played a game of international basketball in his life.

Rooster
08-11-2008, 12:14 PM
I would care more if it wasn't a bunch of NBA players on the team. They should just send college kids IMO.

Saulbadguy
08-11-2008, 12:15 PM
I would care more if it wasn't a bunch of NBA players on the team. They should just send college kids IMO.
That doesn't make any sense, really.

SPATCH
08-11-2008, 12:22 PM

oh, so you would rather us get murdered?

DaKCMan AP
08-11-2008, 12:30 PM
D-Wade FTW!

Demonpenz
08-11-2008, 12:30 PM

that's volleyball

SPATCH
08-11-2008, 12:44 PM
that's volleyball

wow

teedubya
08-11-2008, 12:55 PM
but Melo has been the leading scorer for the US each of the last three years... and i don't think paul pierce has played a game of international basketball in his life.

But see, as a Jayhawk fan, I can not in good conscience like Carmelo Anthony. In fact, **** that dude.

BigRedChief
08-11-2008, 12:59 PM
that's volleyball
Womens Volleyball! :clap:
http://msn.foxsports.com/olympics/pgStory?contentId=8432060#sport=Olympics&photo=8431222

DJay23
08-11-2008, 01:03 PM
That will forever be my favorite interpretation of the National Anthem.

Rooster
08-11-2008, 01:45 PM

We were never "murdered" in the past.

Rooster
08-11-2008, 01:46 PM
That doesn't make any sense, really.

Why?

Valiant
08-11-2008, 02:29 PM

Yes, it would happen..

All of the other countries use their professional players.. They would have kicked the crap out of a TEAM USA full of college best players..

Wait.. those guys are in the NBA after a year the majority of time.. Then when are they going to practice on team USA?? They would not have time with college courses, team practice, thinking about jumping to the NBA and then all the time for the Olympic team..

College kids would get creamed out there..

Pitt Gorilla
08-11-2008, 02:36 PM
LeBron's block against the backboard that lead to the fast break was sick. I remember when Barkley blocked a guy's shot and just plucked it out of the air. LeBron's was just as incredible.

Silock
08-11-2008, 05:17 PM

We would be this time. There are a ton more NBA players now on other teams.

SPATCH
08-11-2008, 06:24 PM
http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/olympics/images/080810kobe-slam.jpg

DAMMNNNNNN

Friendo
08-11-2008, 06:28 PM
But see, as a Jayhawk fan, I can not in good conscience like Carmelo Anthony. In fact, **** that dude.

I can relate--I have a hard time gettin past that rat-bastard HC.

ClevelandBronco
08-11-2008, 06:31 PM
I won't be watching, and I'd enjoy reading that the U.S. team finished poorly. On the other hand, if that doesn't happen I won't really care.

Let me know when they open it back up to the amateurs.

Saulbadguy
08-11-2008, 06:43 PM
I won't be watching, and I'd enjoy reading that the U.S. team finished poorly. On the other hand, if that doesn't happen I won't really care.

:rolleyes:

Tard.

MIAdragon
08-11-2008, 06:45 PM
:rolleyes:

Tard.

X2

Silock
08-11-2008, 06:51 PM

You want them to open it back up to amateurs so that you can . . . not enjoy reading that the US team finished poorly?

ClevelandBronco
08-11-2008, 06:56 PM
You want them to open it back up to amateurs so that you can . . . not enjoy reading that the US team finished poorly?

So that I'd care to watch it. I don't watch pro basketball players under any circumstances.

SPATCH
08-11-2008, 06:59 PM
So that I'd care to watch it. I don't watch pro basketball players under any circumstances.

i don't care

MIAdragon
08-11-2008, 07:13 PM

Who do you think plays for the other countries!?

ClevelandBronco
08-11-2008, 07:16 PM
i don't care

About what?

ClevelandBronco
08-11-2008, 07:17 PM
Who do you think plays for the other countries!?

Pros. I don't watch the other countries, either.

SPATCH
08-11-2008, 07:18 PM
About what?

about the fact that you don't watch pro basketball. i don't care.

ClevelandBronco
08-11-2008, 07:19 PM
about the fact that you don't watch pro basketball. i don't care.

Oh.

DaKCMan AP
08-11-2008, 07:19 PM

What a douche.

MIAdragon
08-11-2008, 07:20 PM

But you'd like to see us flop!?

kstater
08-11-2008, 07:21 PM

Then why take the time to post in a thread about it?

ClevelandBronco
08-11-2008, 07:23 PM
But you'd like to see us flop!?

No. I said that I'd like to read about the U.S. team failing to win.

There's no "us" flopping, and I won't see it.

Choose your words more carefully.

ClevelandBronco
08-11-2008, 07:26 PM

I've seen that question time and again on discussion threads. I've never understood why someone would ask it.

kstater
08-11-2008, 07:27 PM
I've seen that question time and again on discussion threads. I've never understood why someone would ask it.

And yet you don't answer the question.

ClevelandBronco
08-11-2008, 07:29 PM
And yet you don't answer the question.

I posted because I care about you, kstater. I care about you.

BWillie
08-11-2008, 07:34 PM
We aren't going to win the gold. I can just feel it. Something bad is going to happen, it always does. We don't have enough 3 point shooting. The international lane is too big. They call too many fouls and bail out less athletic players. The international game is full of pussies

BWillie
08-11-2008, 07:39 PM

He probably does just like I post in every soccer thread I can because I hate the sport so much. But, I really don't understand your distaste for professional basketball though. You must not be watching the same games I have been the last few years. I think it's great the NBA allows professionals to compete, and for the fact that they actually do compete...for free. It's a great concept. It should be about the best in the world.

DeezNutz
08-11-2008, 07:48 PM

:LOL: Better not watch any of the Games, then, because there's a dirty secret that you don't want to know...

ClevelandBronco
08-11-2008, 07:48 PM
...I think it's great the NBA allows professionals to compete, and for the fact that they actually do compete...for free...

The league has changed.:D

ClevelandBronco
08-11-2008, 07:50 PM
:LOL: Better not watch any of the Games, then, because there's a dirty secret that you don't want to know...

I'm not watching any of the Olympic games in any sport. Does that protect me from the dirty little secret?

DeezNutz
08-11-2008, 07:53 PM
I'm not watching any of the Olympic games in any sport. Does that protect me from the dirty little secret?

Just trying to keep you 100 percent amateur pure because all those 14-year-olds are truly this in every sense.

BWillie
08-11-2008, 07:57 PM
Do you know what is bullshit? US guys that aren't good enough to be on the US National Team playing for other teams. Like Chris Kaman. What the hell. He was born here, went to high school here, went to college here..and he plays for Germany? I don't care if he now has dual-citizenship or not, that is a load of BS. His great grandparents were German, so that makes him German. Just like Mark Teahen is going to play for Canada in the world baseball classic. If you were born here and raised here, you are not german, italian, or anything else, you are f*cking American.

My great grandma came to USA from Sweden at like 50. So that means I'm Swedish, wtf...no.

ClevelandBronco
08-11-2008, 07:58 PM
Just trying to keep you 100 percent amateur pure because all those 14-year-olds are truly this in every sense.

Thanks, Nutz. I appreciate your vigilance.

DeezNutz
08-11-2008, 07:59 PM
Thanks, Nutz. I appreciate your vigilance.

Always keeping up the good fight.

ClevelandBronco
08-11-2008, 08:00 PM
Do you know what is bullshit? US guys that aren't good enough to be on the US National Team playing for other teams. Like Chris Kaman. What the hell. He was born here, went to high school here, went to college here..and he plays for Germany? I don't care if he now has dual-citizenship or not, that is a load of BS. His great grandparents were German, so that makes him German. Just like Mark Teahen is going to play for Canada in the world baseball classic. If you were born here and raised here, you are not german, italian, or anything else, you are f*cking American.

My great grandma came to USA from Sweden at like 50. So that means I'm Swedish, wtf...no.

I'm with you on this one.

Hell, I'm available for whatever Slovenia needs. (Is there anything Slovenia doesn't need?)

BWillie
08-11-2008, 08:05 PM
I'm with you on this one.

Hell, I'm available for whatever Slovenia needs. (Is there anything Slovenia doesn't need?)

More Sheep maybe?

Silock
08-11-2008, 09:00 PM

Yeah, that bugs me, too. They do that a lot in soccer. A guy may not be good enough to play for his home country, so he goes somewhere else that he has "dubious" roots to, and plays for them. Or, the other way, when a guy is much better than his home country and goes to play somewhere else. There's a kid that was born and raised in New Jersey that is scoring goals for Italy right now. He is and was an American citizen, but because his parents are Italian, and he's good, he gets to go play for them. It's a load of horseshit.

luv
08-11-2008, 09:04 PM

Bugs the crap out of me, too. I think it was ESPN that commented that these people would be paticipating in the opening ceremonies with people whose language they can't speak or understand. WTF?

KCCHIEFS27
08-11-2008, 11:02 PM
Why does that bother you guys? Should we just discount our heritage? What about those that are children of American military and are born in a foreign country? Are they not American? Should they go suck a fat one? I say if they want to go play for another team and get embarassed let them go. No harm.

SPATCH
08-11-2008, 11:50 PM
Why does that bother you guys? Should we just discount our heritage? What about those that are children of American military and are born in a foreign country? Are they not American? Should they go suck a fat one? I say if they want to go play for another team and get embarassed let them go. No harm.

maybe they don't teach you the constitution in kansas but there's a little thing in there called "birth or blood". if you're born in the states, you're a citizen. if you're born of american citizens outside of the states, you're a citizen.

so, no. you should probably suck a fat one.

seriously... this is shocking stuff. did you honestly think that military kids aren't american citizens?

SPATCH
08-12-2008, 12:01 AM
oh, bumpage for the game

its getting ready to start. US vs Angola. It's on the USA Network if you want to have a good laugh...

Silock
08-12-2008, 12:31 AM
oh, bumpage for the game

its getting ready to start. US vs Angola. It's on the USA Network if you want to have a good laugh...

Not yet. Isn't it at like 4 or something?

SPATCH
08-12-2008, 12:35 AM
Not yet. Isn't it at like 4 or something?

well... tvguide.com says it starts at 2am. i was thinking that it was eastern time...

anyway. i now have no ****ing clue when they play

edit: just saw the ESPN ticker. it says the game starts at 7am. i give up

Silock
08-12-2008, 06:39 AM
Playing like shit right now.

Finally starting to turn it on in last few minutes of the 2nd quarter.

I guess coach K was pissed that they weren't giving it their all.

the Talking Can
08-12-2008, 06:39 AM
game on right now

SPATCH
08-14-2008, 07:50 PM
alright dudes.......

The US exacted some "oh so sweet-ass revenge" earlier this morning. they monkey-stomped greece (who they lost to in the WC in 06) by a score of 92-69. Chris Bosh and Dwayne Wade both went off inside of ho's mouth. they repeatedly made the greeks taste their taints.

basically, dominance was asserted.

carlos3652
08-14-2008, 07:58 PM
Yeah, that bugs me, too. They do that a lot in soccer. A guy may not be good enough to play for his home country, so he goes somewhere else that he has "dubious" roots to, and plays for them. Or, the other way, when a guy is much better than his home country and goes to play somewhere else. There's a kid that was born and raised in New Jersey that is scoring goals for Italy right now. He is and was an American citizen, but because his parents are Italian, and he's good, he gets to go play for them. It's a load of horseshit.

Cough, Freddy Adu, Cough -

Fredua Koranteng "Freddy" Adu (born 2 June 1989 in Tema, Ghana)

"The American Prodigy/Wonderkid" -

When he was eight, his mother won the Green Card Lottery, and he and his family moved to the Washington, D.C. area, and in 2003 he became a U.S. citizen. -

carlos3652
08-14-2008, 07:59 PM
I hope US does well enough to get the gold, the only two teams that might give them a hard time is Spain and Argentina... maybe Lithuania..

FYI, Im from Argentina, so I hope Argentina wins... but Ill be content with Silver... :p

carlos3652
08-14-2008, 08:04 PM
There's a kid that was born and raised in New Jersey that is scoring goals for Italy right now. He is and was an American citizen, but because his parents are Italian, and he's good, he gets to go play for them. It's a load of horseshit.

This I disagree with, If his parents are Italian (born in Italy) and they bring up their child who is born in the US... the kid is Italian... full blooded mind you... the blood of the parents is what makes you what you are... you grow up in an Italian culture with your family...

Silock
08-14-2008, 08:29 PM
Cough, Freddy Adu, Cough -

Fredua Koranteng "Freddy" Adu (born 2 June 1989 in Tema, Ghana)

"The American Prodigy/Wonderkid" -

When he was eight, his mother won the Green Card Lottery, and he and his family moved to the Washington, D.C. area, and in 2003 he became a U.S. citizen. -

Deciding to become an American when you're young is wholly different than waiting until the last second when you're about to not be able to switch international teams and then decide who you're going to play for.

Adu has always wanted to play for the US.

Silock
08-14-2008, 08:31 PM
This I disagree with, If his parents are Italian (born in Italy) and they bring up their child who is born in the US... the kid is Italian... full blooded mind you... the blood of the parents is what makes you what you are... you grow up in an Italian culture with your family...

See my post on Adu. Rossi waited until he was sure he would be good enough to play for the Italian team before he switched nationalities. That bugs me.

Whatever his parents are, the kid is still an American born in Jersey. If he couldn't play for the Italian team, and then refused to play for America because he considered himself Italian, that would be one thing. But it's not.

Neven Subotic is currently doing this. He's an American kid, but he's waiting to see who he could play for (perhaps Germany). If he ends up playing for America, I won't be supportive of how he made his decision.

NFL16
08-14-2008, 09:01 PM
I really think that the U.S. should win it this year; they've learned from their mistakes in the past. But why do you think it's "rightfully ours?"

carlos3652
08-14-2008, 09:04 PM
I dont know Silock, i feel differently, because i see the other side, various Argentine kids, play for Mexico or the US because the Argentina squad wont call them up... you dont think Rossi as a kid wanted to play for italy...? and if America said no to Adu, would you be mad that he played for Ghana instead? its one thing to defect to play for a lower team because you are not good enough to play for your country, its another when as a kid you grow up in a Italian/German family (yes living in the us) and want to play for your heritage team... and dont think Rossi waited on the Italians... The Italians scout/steal kids from various countries to play for them... see Messi... (Freaking Spain called him up first because he is a citizen of spain, but was born in Argentina...)

Mojo Rising
08-14-2008, 09:13 PM
Is a replay being broadcast tonight? Which channel?

BWillie
08-14-2008, 09:57 PM
See my post on Adu. Rossi waited until he was sure he would be good enough to play for the Italian team before he switched nationalities. That bugs me.

Whatever his parents are, the kid is still an American born in Jersey. If he couldn't play for the Italian team, and then refused to play for America because he considered himself Italian, that would be one thing. But it's not.

Neven Subotic is currently doing this. He's an American kid, but he's waiting to see who he could play for (perhaps Germany). If he ends up playing for America, I won't be supportive of how he made his decision.

Exactly. If Chris Kaman could have played for the US instead of Germany let me assure you he would have. But instead he gains "dual citizenship" about two months ago. LOL

Silock
08-14-2008, 10:28 PM
I dont know Silock, i feel differently, because i see the other side, various Argentine kids, play for Mexico or the US because the Argentina squad wont call them up... you dont think Rossi as a kid wanted to play for italy...? and if America said no to Adu, would you be mad that he played for Ghana instead? its one thing to defect to play for a lower team because you are not good enough to play for your country, its another when as a kid you grow up in a Italian/German family (yes living in the us) and want to play for your heritage team... and dont think Rossi waited on the Italians... The Italians scout/steal kids from various countries to play for them... see Messi... (Freaking Spain called him up first because he is a citizen of spain, but was born in Argentina...)

I get it. I just don't like the fact that if you're not good enough to play for your home country, you just find "roots" somewhere else and play for them instead. Or, if you're too "good" for your home country, you play somewhere "better." If Rossi weren't good enough to play for Italy, I'm sure he'd have "settled" for playing for the US.

I mean, I'm sure Rossi always wanted to play for Italy, but I'm sure he'd love to play for Brazil or Argentina as well.

It's making players into mercenaries instead of nationals. I'd take a player that was slightly less talented but really loved playing for his country and put his heart into it than a guy that was slightly more talented, but was only playing for personal glory.

BWillie
08-15-2008, 01:08 AM
So does anybody know when the next game is? What time? Maybe I'll have to get up early for this one. Don't we play Argentina or Spain next?

Lzen
08-15-2008, 08:43 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AGEc-ayOsjs&color1=11645361&color2=13619151&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AGEc-ayOsjs&color1=11645361&color2=13619151&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Lzen
08-15-2008, 08:44 AM
So does anybody know when the next game is? What time? Maybe I'll have to get up early for this one. Don't we play Argentina or Spain next?

I believe the US plays Spain Saturday at 9:15am and it should be aired on NBC (not USA Network this time).

Lzen
08-15-2008, 08:59 AM
You can get the times for each game here.
http://www.usabasketball.com/men_team.php?page=msnt_schedule

Just remember that the times listed there are local China time. They are 13 hours ahead of us. So, if you are in the Central Time zone, simply subtract 13 hours.

DaKCMan AP
08-15-2008, 09:01 AM
You can get the times for each game here.
http://www.usabasketball.com/men_team.php?page=msnt_schedule

Just remember that the times listed there are local China time. They are 12 hours ahead of us. So, if you are in the Central Time zone, simply subtract 13 hours.

FYP :D

Lzen
08-15-2008, 09:01 AM
Oh, and here's another useful site. This shows which channel will be airing what event.

http://www.nbcolympics.com/tv_and_online_listings/

Lzen
08-15-2008, 09:02 AM
FYP :D

Of you, not me. Don't do that. You might confuse some of those MU fans. :p

DaKCMan AP
08-15-2008, 09:03 AM
Of you, not me. Don't do that. You might confuse some of those MU fans. :p

The world revolves around EST. :p

teedubya
08-15-2008, 10:10 AM
No, the world revolves around Greenwich Mean Time

Skip Towne
08-15-2008, 10:19 AM
No, the world revolves around Greenwich Mean Time

No, Zulu time

Ultra Peanut
08-15-2008, 11:02 AM
UTC MU****AS

SPATCH
08-15-2008, 12:26 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AGEc-ayOsjs&color1=11645361&color2=13619151&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AGEc-ayOsjs&color1=11645361&color2=13619151&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

oh my gentle jesus

SPATCH
08-15-2008, 12:28 PM
I really think that the U.S. should win it this year; they've learned from their mistakes in the past. But why do you think it's "rightfully ours?"

kindly **** off if you have to ask...

NFL16
08-15-2008, 12:35 PM
kindly **** off if you have to ask...

Um...ok I guess?

BWillie
08-15-2008, 02:31 PM
Do you know what is cool? The US is #1 in points scored in the Olympics thus far. However, they are dead last in 3 POINT FG% and FT%, yet are #1 in FG %. Real men don't shoot free throws or threes, that's arena ball, not real basketball.

SPATCH
08-15-2008, 03:09 PM
Do you know what is cool? The US is #1 in points scored in the Olympics thus far. However, they are dead last in 3 POINT FG% and FT%, yet are #1 in FG %. Real men don't shoot free throws or threes, that's arena ball, not real basketball.

duuuuunnnks

sick. ass. duuuunnnnks

SPATCH
08-16-2008, 10:18 AM
well.... it happened. the US started hitting their three's. and the results..... were staggering.

they just made spain (proclaimed the US's #1 competition) look like they were a junior varsity team. this game wasn't even close. and we looked utterly untouchable out there.

easiest victory of the tournament so far...

CoMoChief
08-16-2008, 10:38 AM
USA Boys came to play.

I still wish Garnett and Pierce were on this team.

SPATCH
08-16-2008, 10:45 AM
USA Boys came to play.

I still wish Garnett and Pierce were on this team.

not a part of "the three year plan".

Lzen
08-16-2008, 10:50 AM
Dwayne Wade is THE MAN!!!

CoMoChief
08-16-2008, 11:09 AM
Dwayne Wade is THE MAN!!!

He is the shit.......unless Kirk Hinrich is guarding him :D

SPATCH
08-18-2008, 10:33 AM
holy shit... this team is un-****ing believable...

they just monkey-stomped germany. hard.

Tribal Warfare
08-18-2008, 10:51 AM
I believe one of the major factors this Olympics is that playoff players that just missed the championship game or just didn't win are hungry to replace that ring with a gold medal.

CoMoChief
08-18-2008, 11:41 AM
I believe one of the major factors this Olympics is that playoff players that just missed the championship game or just didn't win are hungry to replace that ring with a gold medal.

To be honest I don't think that has anything to do with their success.

DaKCMan AP
08-18-2008, 11:46 AM
I can't wait to watch Chalmers-DWade-Marion-Beasley. Gonna be SICK!!!!

Tribal Warfare
08-18-2008, 12:25 PM
To be honest I don't think that has anything to do with their success.

I do, past Dream teams didn't give a shit about the Olympics (outside of the '92 squad)

CoMoChief
08-18-2008, 01:20 PM
I do, past Dream teams didn't give a shit about the Olympics (outside of the '92 squad)

While that may be true, I just don't think not winning an NBA title has anything to do with their initiative and drive to be successful in these Games.

Maybe it's getting embarassed in our own sport the last half decade and the A-class players in this league have said thats enough, it's time to put a stamp on things and take back whats ours.

That and these players WILL and HAVE listened to Coach K. Just about everyone in the basketball world has respect for the guy (unless you're a former TarHeel). Larry Brown not so much. Big difference in philosophy and coaching.

What I'd really like to see is to have that current year's NCAA Men's National Champs play for the USA.

Kansas would kick the shit out of everyone and Aldrich would kill Kaun (Russia) down low.

Tribal Warfare
08-18-2008, 01:36 PM
While that may be true, I just don't think not winning an NBA title has anything to do with their initiative and drive to be successful in these Games.

If one has ever been apart of winning franchise and lost when it counted in the playoffs, believe that's enough initiative to kick some international ass to replace lost hardware.

J Diddy
08-18-2008, 01:41 PM
:clap:i really enjoy that version ofThe Star Spangled Banner

El Jefe
08-18-2008, 03:17 PM
:clap:i really enjoy that version ofThe Star Spangled Banner

Who is that singer?

Tribal Warfare
08-18-2008, 03:20 PM
Who is that singer?

Marvin Gay, duh!!!!!!!!!!

CoMoChief
08-18-2008, 03:52 PM
Who is that singer?

:eek:

Ultra Peanut
08-19-2008, 07:26 PM
http://i33.tinypic.com/5ldxms.jpg

SPATCH
08-23-2008, 09:44 AM
I've got that REDEEM TEAM FEVER mo fo's

evolve27
08-24-2008, 12:03 AM
Isn't Basketball Olympic finals game supposed to be on soon? I gotta redeem my night after wasting 3 hours of my life I will never get back.

Silock
08-24-2008, 12:08 AM
Isn't Basketball Olympic finals game supposed to be on soon? I gotta redeem my night after wasting 3 hours of my life I will never get back.

20 minutes, NBC, live in all timezones.

Buehler445
08-24-2008, 12:10 AM
GO USA!

Buehler445
08-24-2008, 12:39 AM
US is looking like ass on a stick.

Ultra Peanut
08-24-2008, 12:41 AM
Ricky Rubio with some AND1 moves.

This makes me think of the Memphis-Georgetown/UConn/Arizona games. Spain's off to a hot start, sure, but barring a complete breakdown, talent will prevail and the US is going to win comfortably.

evolve27
08-24-2008, 12:44 AM
Chris Paul is a freak.

Ultra Peanut
08-24-2008, 12:51 AM
Marc!

Ultra Peanut
08-24-2008, 12:59 AM
Marc!

Yes, I'm going to do this every time he does something I like.

evolve27
08-24-2008, 01:14 AM
Rudy!

tk13
08-24-2008, 01:18 AM
How good is Portland gonna be in a couple years?

Silock
08-24-2008, 01:20 AM
Coach K needs to calm them down at halftime. I think the US is a littttttttle nervous. Lots of pressure on them. Going great on offense, not so great on defense.

Buehler445
08-24-2008, 01:22 AM
Yeah, if we go cold (likely) we're ****ed.

Silock
08-24-2008, 01:22 AM
I'm nervous about this game. Still, I don't think Spain can keep up. US needs to draw some more fouls and get those mother****ers out of the game.

KCinNY
08-24-2008, 01:24 AM
They should be okay w/ Kobe and Lebron back in the 2nd half.

Could be trouble if Spain goes zone and the U.S. struggles with it.

tk13
08-24-2008, 01:28 AM
Definitely need to keep the pressure on offensively too, in transition, keep them from getting a zone set up.

Ultra Peanut
08-24-2008, 01:30 AM
This isn't even remotely time to worry. I've seen this story happen too many times in just the past year to be skurred.

KCinNY
08-24-2008, 01:30 AM
BTW, Jason Kidd looks old and slow. I'm much happier with Paul and even Williams running the point.

teedubya
08-24-2008, 01:38 AM
good game... a bit too close though!

Ultra Peanut
08-24-2008, 01:41 AM
JCN, why hast thou forsaken Grizz? :(

KCinNY
08-24-2008, 01:42 AM
For the love of God...put Paul in for Kidd!!

Mr. Flopnuts
08-24-2008, 01:42 AM
Thanks for the reminder fellas.

Mr. Flopnuts
08-24-2008, 01:43 AM
Didn't we beat these guys by 24 a week ago? WTF?

Ultra Peanut
08-24-2008, 01:45 AM
Marc!

LBJ!

tk13
08-24-2008, 01:45 AM
Neither team is playing a lick of defense right now.

tk13
08-24-2008, 01:46 AM
Well, there's some defense. But overall Spain's offense has been pretty efficient.

Mr. Flopnuts
08-24-2008, 01:47 AM
I think the US is playing pretty good D here in the couple of minutes I've been watching, but they're just not getting the bounces.

Mr. Flopnuts
08-24-2008, 01:48 AM
The longer we let these guys hang around, the tougher it's going to be to convince them they don't have a chance.

tk13
08-24-2008, 01:50 AM
I think the US is playing pretty good D here in the couple of minutes I've been watching, but they're just not getting the bounces.
It's not horrific, Spain has shot pretty well from the floor. Done a much better job penetrating than they should. And they've scored a lot of points.

Ultra Peanut
08-24-2008, 01:51 AM
I didn't think it was possible to posterize somebody on a fadeaway, but God DAMN did D-Wade ever do it.

Mr. Flopnuts
08-24-2008, 01:51 AM
DWAYNE ****ING WADE!!! DAMN THAT WAS PRETTY!!!

Mr. Flopnuts
08-24-2008, 01:53 AM
Eat a Penis. His feet were moving.

Mr. Flopnuts
Gross.

Ultra Peanut
DWAYNE ****ING WADE!!! DAMN THAT WAS PRETTY!!!DWYANE

tk13
08-24-2008, 01:55 AM
Navarro is keeping them in the game.

Ultra Peanut
08-24-2008, 02:00 AM
um excuse me wtf r u doin

Ultra Peanut
08-24-2008, 02:01 AM
They need to start pressing or something, Jesus.

Well, I guess they're pressing in a certain sense. Not the tactic, though.

Ultra Peanut
08-24-2008, 02:04 AM
MAN OF STEEEEEEEEEEL

How in the name of bloody ****ing horseshit was that not a travel?!

pr_capone
08-24-2008, 02:06 AM
good game!

Deberg_1990
08-24-2008, 02:06 AM
Do you believe in Miracles????

Mr. Flopnuts
08-24-2008, 02:08 AM
Too close for comfort.

Ultra Peanut
08-24-2008, 02:09 AM
Do you believe in Miracles????Marc!

teedubya
08-24-2008, 02:09 AM
Why does US have that Memphis Tiger feel right now?

Mr. Flopnuts
08-24-2008, 02:10 AM
Wow.

Ultra Peanut
08-24-2008, 02:11 AM
Why does US have that Memphis Tiger feel right now?free throws lol

Marc! just ****ing got away with murder.

Mr. Flopnuts
This. Is. Necessary.

pr_capone
wow.... kobe is clutch

Ultra Peanut
Fernandez is gone. US wins.

Mr. Flopnuts
08-24-2008, 02:12 AM
Spain is really playing lights out right now.

Ultra Peanut
08-24-2008, 02:12 AM
**** you Navarro.

Ultra Peanut
08-24-2008, 02:13 AM
KOBE YOU ****ING RETARD

Mr. Flopnuts
Another terrible shot by Kobe.

Bugeater
Fernandez is gone. US wins.

Nice ****ing jinx.

teedubya
OMGzzzzzzzzzzzzrrrrrrrrrsssssssssss

Mr. Flopnuts
Word up D.

Deberg_1990
Freakin great game!

Mr. Flopnuts
08-24-2008, 02:15 AM
Spain is playing with passion. The US is playing not to get beat. Kobe wants to win it by himself and is failing. The 4 pt play was nice though.

Silock
08-24-2008, 02:16 AM
Kobe wants to win it by himself and is failing.

I don't see it that way at all. Kobe has been instrumental in this team keeping the lead.

Silock
08-24-2008, 02:17 AM
And Kobe with the runner.

Ultra Peanut
08-24-2008, 02:17 AM
Yes! Eat shit, JCN!

Mr. Flopnuts
08-24-2008, 02:18 AM
Well, I have only watched the last quarter and a half. Kobe has taken some forced, terrible shots since I've started watching. But, I'm a little biased. I've never thought Kobe liked to pass the ball.

Ultra Peanut
I'm going to go, um, somewhere. Somewhere that's not here--oh, nevermind. He hit them.

Mr. Flopnuts
America wins the Gold!!!!

Ultra Peanut
Marc!

Silock
08-24-2008, 02:19 AM
Nah, Kobe has been great under pressure. Sure, some bad shots, but that happens.

He's put this team on his shoulders at times, at least as much as is possible with a team full of All-Stars.

Ultra Peanut
08-24-2008, 02:19 AM
DON'T GIVE UP A FIVE-POINT SEQUENCE! JESUS PLEASE!!!!!!!

Silock
08-24-2008, 02:20 AM
Kobe FTW

Mr. Flopnuts
08-24-2008, 02:20 AM
America wins the Gold!!!

Mr. Flopnuts
08-24-2008, 02:21 AM
Kobe FTW

LMAO Whatever it takes. Just give us back what's ours.

Silock
08-24-2008, 02:21 AM
U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

Deberg_1990
08-24-2008, 02:23 AM
Whassup with Spain playing hard with 20 seconds left???

Bugeater
LOL, Wade can't run out the clock without falling down.

Deberg_1990
Oh..and the Spain guy takes one last shot at the end?? WTF??

Mr. Flopnuts
08-24-2008, 02:24 AM
The Redeem team.

Silock
08-24-2008, 02:25 AM
Feels good!

tk13
08-24-2008, 02:25 AM
Woooo, the gold is coming back home. Great win too. I think some of these previous USA teams this decade might have folded when Spain went on some of those hot streaks.

Coach K deserves a lot of credit... considering how much criticism some of the NBA guys get... they all played hard, played good D, and played team basketball.

teedubya
08-24-2008, 02:26 AM
that was teh best sporting event that I have ever seen at 2 oclock in the morning

teedubya
08-24-2008, 02:27 AM
Kobe

teedubya
08-24-2008, 02:27 AM
How's My ass Taste?

KC_Connection
08-24-2008, 02:28 AM
Spain is playing with passion. The US is playing not to get beat. Kobe wants to win it by himself and is failing. The 4 pt play was nice though.
I guess you weren't watching the same game I was. Kobe stepped up huge, and basically won that game for the US in the 4th.

alanm
08-24-2008, 02:29 AM
that was teh best sporting event that I have ever seen at 2 oclock in the morning
No shit. That was a amazing game. :thumb::eek:

SPATCH
08-24-2008, 02:49 AM
REDEMPTION!!!!!

Fairplay
08-24-2008, 02:52 AM
HEll YEAH Baby :clap::clap::thumb::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:

teedubya
08-24-2008, 12:41 PM
Man, for awhile I thought USA was gonna choke it. Kobe came up BIG. Plus, he is LOVED in China... he is the new Michael Jordan.

He was clutch as ****!

Buck
08-24-2008, 12:53 PM
I am so thankful that Kobe came up huge at the end, otherwise all the Kobe haters would have said he didnt do shit in the olympics.

Tribal Warfare
08-24-2008, 08:11 PM
he is the new Michael Jordan.

ROFL LMAO

08-25-2008, 06:45 AM
sounds like I missed a good one.

El Jefe
08-25-2008, 08:20 AM
Oh yeah it was a good one, BTW Kobe is no MJ.

kepp
08-25-2008, 08:26 AM
sounds like I missed a good one.

It was a good one. Spain was shooting lights-out and made a great game of it. Spain had the one guy who was putting up runners in the lane. I don't know how many times he beat our guards. He must've had 10 or 12 points just off those shots. I felt like I used to feel when I lived in L.A. and was watching Tony Parker kill the Lakers.