PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs cuts coming soon

angelo
08-12-2008, 11:21 AM
Who do you think is on the chopping block by position.

The following are my observations after scavenging all the info I can.
I am also a noob so I patiently await your fury.

QB
none

WR
Jabari Arthur
Sergiori Joachim
Kevin McMahan(Practice SquadKevin Robinson(Practice Squad)

O-Line
Will Svitek
Edwin Harrison(P/S)
Ken Shackleford
Travis Leffew
Rob Smith

RB
Jackie Battle (trade or P/S)
Kolby Smith (trade if keeping Battle)

FB
Chris Manderino

TE
John Paul Foschi
Michael Merrit(P/S)

Defense

D-Line

Jason Parker (P/S)
Derek Lokey
Maurice Murray
T.J.Jackson (P/S)
Johnny Dingle
Jonal Saint Dic

Line Backers
Aden Durde
Steve Octavien
Lerue Rumph
Oliver Hoyte
Napolean Harris

DB
Rashad Barksdale
Kayyam Burns
? Tyron Brackenridge

Special Teams
Nick Novak
B.J.Sams

This is just My opinion. I would enjoy some input.

Ang

blueballs
08-12-2008, 11:25 AM
isn't it after the 3rd or 4th game
not enough info right now

Redrum_69
08-12-2008, 11:33 AM
i hope larry has a career year
but hes not a complete back
like LT

penguinz
08-12-2008, 11:35 AM
i hope larry has a career year
but hes not a complete back
like LTLT is not a 'complete' back either. He is more complete than LJ but he half asses blocks quite often.

Hammock Parties
08-12-2008, 11:35 AM
Edwin Harrison will stick for now, same for all the RBs and FBs. I see Jason Parker, Derek Lokey, Lerue Rumph, Oliver Hoyte, Napoleon Harris, Novak and Sams sticking for now, too. Brackenridge will make the final roster.

gblowfish
08-12-2008, 11:36 AM
You can't cut the Dic!!!
That ain't kosher!!!

Wait...
Maybe it's too kosher....

BigChiefFan
08-12-2008, 11:38 AM
I don't think we'll cut Napolean Harris.

FAX
08-12-2008, 11:39 AM
Even contemplating cutting, trading, or demoting Kolby Smith is strange. I can't believe how deep we are at RB. We need to be talking to some other teams about some of those draft pick things.

FAX

FAX
08-12-2008, 11:40 AM
You can't cut the Dic!!!
That ain't kosher!!!

Wait...
Maybe it's too kosher....

Have to, Mr. gblowfish. They thought Dic would be okay, but it turns out Dic was soft.

FAX

chiefsngop
08-12-2008, 11:45 AM
I don't think we'll cut Napolean Harris.

If Thomas goes down with an injury this year, who fills in for him if we cut Nap Harris ?

Not a big Harris fan, askin a legitimate question, who would we have to fit that bill in the event of a Thomas injury ?

Deberg_1990
08-12-2008, 11:47 AM
How will we ever replace John Paul Foschi ???

FAX
08-12-2008, 11:49 AM
It's kind of a shame, because I know Herm likes Dic.

FAX

Buehler445
08-12-2008, 11:49 AM
I hope we keep Kolby. I like him and as many injuries as we had last year it is stupid to dump a quality backup. Moreover, Charles is not an every down back, so putting him as a backup is scary if someone goes down. But that doesn't mean the chiefs won't drop him.
Posted via Mobile Device

StcChief
08-12-2008, 11:51 AM
gotta keep Saint Dic just to see the jersey..... we have kept worse.

FAX
08-12-2008, 11:52 AM
If he is cut, Kolby will find a job somewhere. He has a lot of potential. According to Herm, he's better than Dic.

FAX

FAX
08-12-2008, 11:53 AM
So, if this is accurate and he does get cut, I wonder who beat Dic?

FAX

Jawshco
08-12-2008, 11:57 AM
It is too early, but for the sake of argument I'd be surprised if Kolby and Battle are cut. I think we keep LJ, Kolby, Charles and Battle.

Savage will be the odd man out who gets cut. Battle can be a 2nd FB behind Cox.

Hammock Parties
08-12-2008, 12:01 PM
Battle is NOT a fullback.

Deberg_1990
08-12-2008, 12:04 PM
It is too early, but for the sake of argument I'd be surprised if Kolby and Battle are cut. I think we keep LJ, Kolby, Charles and Battle.

Savage will be the odd man out who gets cut. Battle can be a 2nd FB behind Cox.

I would love to keep Kolby for depth, but he probably does hold some trade value:

1. Hes a young RB.
2. He had 2 or 3 decent rushing performances last year. Just enough to entice a RB starved team.

penchief
08-12-2008, 12:07 PM
Even contemplating cutting, trading, or demoting Kolby Smith is strange. I can't believe how deep we are at RB. We need to be talking to some other teams about some of those draft pick things.

FAX

I agree. It wouldn't surprise me to see Kolby be the odd man out. He will have the highest trade value and there is nothing really spectacular about him. That said, I think they'd probably try to sneak Savage on the practice squad before they traded Smith. Alot depends on how well everyone does from here on out.

chiefsngop
08-12-2008, 12:25 PM
gotta keep Saint Dic just to see the jersey..... we have kept worse.

Nope, if I couldn't get the CRAPfonso Thorpe jersey, I'm not holding out hope for the Saint Dic shirt.

chiefsngop
08-12-2008, 12:27 PM
Battle is NOT a fullback.

Not an every down FB, I would agree. But could he ba situational, change of pace FB ?

Just a question, I'm gettin a feel for the Chan man's O but not real up on the different ways he's gonna deploy the FBs.

Micjones
08-12-2008, 12:28 PM
A better question might be...
What notable players will be cut?

alanm
08-12-2008, 12:30 PM
Edwin Harrison will stick for now, same for all the RBs and FBs. I see Jason Parker, Derek Lokey, Lerue Rumph, Oliver Hoyte, Napoleon Harris, Novak and Sams sticking for now, too. Brackenridge will make the final roster.
They'll keep Octavian over Harris for now. He's cheaper and he plays special teams.

chiefsngop
08-12-2008, 12:35 PM
A better question might be...
What notable players will be cut?

Knowing how Chan will use the 2 back positions in his O might help answer that.

I think Nap Harris might be on his way out, but I'm worried that if that happens and Thomas gets hurt or isn't as good as some think we'll be in a tough spot. This team needs a heavy hitting MLB.

RustShack
08-12-2008, 12:58 PM
Merritt can't be cut if hes not on the roster, LJ, Charles, and Smith will be our top three RB's... we could keep a 4th and that would be Battle. Cox will be the one FB we keep, I think Hoyte makes the roster as a backup LB, and we could use him at FB also if Cox were to get hurt. I hate to say it but Sippio is probably gone, I hope Robinson returns soon so we can also show Sams the door.

RustShack
08-12-2008, 12:59 PM

I think Nap Harris might be on his way out, but I'm worried that if that happens and Thomas gets hurt or isn't as good as some think we'll be in a tough spot. This team needs a heavy hitting MLB.

The Tampa Two is more about speed and coverage from its LB's, and I think Harris fits that better than Thomas...

PhillyChiefFan
08-12-2008, 01:20 PM
It's kind of a shame, because I know Herm likes Dic.

FAX

ROFL terrrriffic

J Diddy
08-12-2008, 01:22 PM
The Tampa Two is more about speed and coverage from its LB's, and I think Harris fits that better than Thomas...

we don't run the tampa 2
we run the kc two step

blackhawk
08-12-2008, 01:29 PM
DE
Rashad Barksdale
Kayyam Burns
? Tyron Brackenridge
OK!DE

JohnnyV13
08-12-2008, 02:42 PM
Donnie Edwards can play MLB in a cover 2 scheme. In fact, I would be surprised if Thomas is the opening day MLB.

Edwards played inside in the chargers 3 4 scheme AND Donnie's first NFL start came in Detroit in 96 when he played MLB.

Hammock Parties
08-12-2008, 02:46 PM
Donnie Edwards can play MLB in a cover 2 scheme. In fact, I would be surprised if Thomas is the opening day MLB.

Edwards played inside in the chargers 3 4 scheme AND Donnie's first NFL start came in Detroit in 96 when he played MLB.

That may be true but Edwards has spent ZERO time in that position through OTAs and training camp.

Direckshun
08-12-2008, 03:04 PM
I'm pretty sure we'll cut Napoleon Harris so we can make room for the 2nd best safety in the division, Greg Wesley.

FAX
08-12-2008, 03:06 PM
Oh, will the crow ever will be served on that fateful day when Greg Wesley makes his stunning comeback to ProBowl status with the goat herd.

FAX

Micjones
08-12-2008, 03:22 PM

I think cutting Harris would be a mistake.
A part of me thinks he's being scapegoated for poor Defensive Tackle play over the last 8 games.

Hammock Parties
08-12-2008, 03:22 PM
I think cutting Harris would be a mistake.
A part of me thinks he's being scapegoated for poor Defensive Tackle play last season over the last 8 games.

Nah. His gap discipline last year was terrible.

FAX
08-12-2008, 03:26 PM
It's difficult to tell who should be cut and who shouldn't - at least, at the second tier. You would have to attend camp, know the plays and schemes so you have an idea what the expectations are, and watch tons of film. We were so terrible last year that, as a casual fan, it's pretty darn hard to determine where to lay the blame in a lot of positions.

FAX

Micjones
08-12-2008, 03:27 PM
Nah. His gap discipline last year was terrible.

How do you explain such a dropoff after a good start to the season?

Hammock Parties
08-12-2008, 03:29 PM

You start losing and players stop caring. Especially when the other side of the ball isn't holding up the bargain.

RustShack
08-12-2008, 03:31 PM
I think we could see a diffrent Harris if hes healthy with a healthy Hali, Dorsey, Tank, and Turk infront of him... I would think him being benched in favor of Thomas will put a chip on his shoulder and he should play better now... Who knows with him though, maybe Gun just sucks at motivating him. I think he has the talent though..

RustShack
08-12-2008, 03:31 PM

Boone

Micjones
08-12-2008, 03:32 PM
You start losing and players stop caring. Especially when the other side of the ball isn't holding up the bargain.

I don't buy for one second that he quit on this football team.
I believe that poor DT play over the second half of the year (in part a result of Boone wearing down from increased playing time) had an effect on him.

FAX
08-12-2008, 03:32 PM

That's the part I hate the most. Honestly, I don't care if we win 1 game or 8 games this year (draft position, notwithstanding). But, I want to see the young guys play every minute of all four quarters of every game like their lives depended on it. Giving no quarter and forcing the enemy to earn every inch of turf. If they do that, I'll believe that we have a real chance of changing the culture of the team over the long haul and recreating a winning tradition at the Chiefs.

FAX

Hammock Parties
08-12-2008, 03:33 PM
I don't buy for one second that he quit on this football team.
I believe that poor DT play over the second half of the year (in part a result of Boone wearing down from increased playing time) had an effect on him.

The guy flat out had lousy gap discipline.

Did the DTs wear down? Yes. But Nap was terrible. He's not getting a raw deal.

RustShack
08-12-2008, 03:34 PM

I remember you were defending Harris saying he would be starting again soon when Thomas first took over..

Micjones
08-12-2008, 03:39 PM

He wasn't terrible when the Defensive Tackles were performing.

Hammock Parties
08-12-2008, 03:40 PM
I remember you were defending Harris saying he would be starting again soon when Thomas first took over..

I never said that. The only thing I did was temper people's overreaction to the news that Thomas was starting. Now that Nap hasn't received any first-team reps in a LONG time it appears he's lost it for good.

Direckshun
08-12-2008, 03:40 PM
Me too...

Micjones
08-12-2008, 03:44 PM
Uh oh...

booger
08-12-2008, 03:48 PM
QB-3
Croyle Thigpen Huard

RB-3
LJ Kolby Smith Charles

FB-1
Cox

WR-5
Bowe Darling Franklin Price Webb

TE-3
TG Cottam Allan or JP Foschi for the final spot.

OL-9
T-4 Albert McIntosh Taylor Richardson
G-3 Waters Jones Harrison
C-2 Niswanger W. Smith

DL-9
DT-5 Dorsey Tankba Edwards Boone (DT/DE) T.J. Jackson
DE-4 Tamba Turkba Johnston Parker/T.Johnson/Dingle ( one of the 3 needs to take this spot and step up to claim it)

LB-7
DJ P. Thomas D. Williams Edwards Rumph E.J. Kuale and Hoyte

DB-9
CB-5
Flowers Surtain Carr Patterson Leggett
S-5
Page Pollard Morgan McGraw

ST K/P/LS-3
Colquitt Barth Darche

RB/KR/PR-1
Savage

We could look at the waiver wire for upgrades for the final DE spot, 1 or 2 of the final LB spots, a OL or two a Combo G/C or G/T, possibly even for the 3rd TE spot. Allan is the better Reicever but Foschi the better blocker and special teamer.

CoMoChief
08-12-2008, 03:48 PM
Kolby Smith will not get cut
Neither wil Brack as sad as it is to say. He played like S-H-I-T the other night.

Hammock Parties
08-12-2008, 03:49 PM
Leggett was abused worse than anyone.

JohnnyV13
08-12-2008, 03:55 PM
PFW's audible's section (quoting some anonymous scout) on Nap Harris:

“(Chiefs MLB) Napoleon Harris is awful. He has no thump to him at all. He is the last one moving. He has no instincts. He always runs to a block and gives himself up. All his movement is lateral, never downhill. He shows no second effort. He looks like Tarzan and plays like Jane. He belongs on the third team. He is stealing a paycheck.”

Micjones
08-12-2008, 03:59 PM
We could look at the waiver wire for upgrades for the final DE spot, 1 or 2 of the final LB spots, a OL or two a Combo G/C or G/T, possibly even for the 3rd TE spot. Allan is the better Reicever but Foschi the better blocker and special teamer.

We definitely need to locate a DE with some NFL experience.
I hear Jerome McDougle may be looking for work here very soon.

booger
08-12-2008, 04:05 PM
We definitely need to locate a DE with some NFL experience.
I hear Jerome McDougle may be looking for work here very soon.

I think what we need most out of that spot is another pass rusher. Just a pure Pass rusher. Boone can rotate in and play DE and hold up on running downs along with playing DT. Johnston hopefully will improve because right now he's the 3rd DE.

Hopefully there is a draft pick or young kid someone trys to waive and put on the PS. There are only 4 teams ahead of us when it comes to the claim order by going on last seasons record. I would love to see Miami cut Matt Roth since he doesn't really fit a 34 at DE or OLB. Maybe have another shot at Quinton Moses. Someone who can atleast put pressure on the QB as part of a Rotation.

OnTheWarpath15
08-12-2008, 04:07 PM

Laziness.

If you don't think he quit, you really need to go back and watch the last 6-8 games.

I can't count how many times I got pissed at Harris, thinking it was Wesley - you know the move - the runner is near the sideline, and Harris would just kinda lolligag over there like his mere presence would force the guy OOB.

Nope.

The Denver game at Arrowhead was the first time I remember seeing it, then it became part of his repertoire...

OnTheWarpath15
08-12-2008, 04:08 PM

“(Chiefs MLB) Napoleon Harris is awful. He has no thump to him at all. He is the last one moving. He has no instincts. He always runs to a block and gives himself up. All his movement is lateral, never downhill. He shows no second effort. He looks like Tarzan and plays like Jane. He belongs on the third team. He is stealing a paycheck.”

That might be the most accurate write-up I've ever read on an NFL player.

FAX
08-12-2008, 04:15 PM

Ouch.

FAX

RustShack
08-12-2008, 04:23 PM
QB-3
Croyle-Huard-Thigpen

RB-4
Johnson-Charles-Smith-Battle

FB-1
Cox

WR-6
Bowe-Darling-Franklin-Price-Webb-Robinson

TE-3
Gonzalez-Cottam-Allan

T-4 Albert-McIntosh-Taylor-Richardson
G-4 Waters-Jones-Stallings-Harrison
C-2 Niswanger-W. Smith

DT-5 Dorsey-Tank-Boone-Edwards-T.J. Jackson
DE-4 Tamba-Turk-Johnston-Johnson

LB-6
Johnson-Thomas-Williams-Edwards-Harris-Hoyte

CB-4
Surtain-Flowers-Brackenridge-Carr
S-4
Page-Pollard-Morgan-McGraw

ST K/P/LS-3
Colquitt-Barth-Darche

KR
Robinson-Charles

PR
Robinson

chiefsngop
08-12-2008, 05:24 PM

Yep yerrr right. But no matter the defensive scheme, you gotta lay wood on the opposing offense. Use the speed and covering abilities to handle short posts, flags, and outs, but when they come with the quick slant over the middle you gotta have the ....... BOOM !

I'd like to see Thomas get an opportunity for a real light-em-up hit this weekend, and see what happens.