PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Say what you will but....

Chiefshrink
08-12-2008, 05:13 PM
after watching Dontrell Savage briefly last Thurs nite, he is definitely our return man. Not only is he fast and quick but he has that rare instinct of finding daylight to make a play. You can tell his "football character" is "always" to make a "big play everytime" very much like Devin Hester. He has the quickness of 'Dante' and the power of 'Tamarick'. Hey, there is a name and a blast from the past for you. I think he has more power than Hester as well to break more tackles. My gut feels real good about this guy and he could be our "Wes Welker" or even better in time than Wes playing the slot that is if Chan uses the slot. Just my thoughts. Yours? Quite frankly I think he could be decent top back.

blueballs
08-12-2008, 05:17 PM
a larger volume of viewable work
would be nice

Ebolapox
08-12-2008, 05:17 PM
what you will but....

well, I said it. do I get a prize?

POND_OF_RED
08-12-2008, 05:20 PM
So after two returns you have already compared him to Hester, Dante, Vanover, and Welker. :huh: I want what you're on.

TrickyNicky
08-12-2008, 05:21 PM
...are you related to him or something?

cdcox
08-12-2008, 05:22 PM
The question is, will he enter the Hall as a Chief?

Micjones
08-12-2008, 05:22 PM
I missed his returns last week, but I'm looking forward to seeing him Saturday.

Extra Point
08-12-2008, 05:24 PM
The skeptics show up for the party, as usual. "Savage is a much better find than Drummond" is obvious. I hope he's not hit the ceiling, and I sure don't want him to hit the floor.

Skip Towne
08-12-2008, 05:31 PM
I like him too. I hope he makes it.

HypnotizedMonkey
08-12-2008, 05:36 PM
I like Savage, but as far as comparing him to greats like that, I'll wait until I see some more out of him. He's got speed, which I like... it just seemed like he was a little immature as a runner and kind of over-exerted himself, it's all a matter of how he matures as a player. It could go either way at this point. He's got the fire though, that's for sure.

Deberg_1990
08-12-2008, 05:36 PM
What about Robinson? Wasnt he drafted specifically for the return man role?

Chiefshrink
08-12-2008, 06:08 PM
Savage has IMO the 'potential' to be a great return man like the others I mentioned. :thumb:

Chiefshrink
08-12-2008, 06:10 PM
It will be between Savage and Robinson IMO. Not crazy about guys from the WAC.

OnTheWarpath15
08-12-2008, 06:11 PM
What about Robinson? Wasnt he drafted specifically for the return man role?

Can't return kicks if you can't get off the trainer's table...

I'll be pissed if they hold a roster spot for a guy that was a questionable pick to begin with, and hasn't practiced at all...

Chief Chief
08-12-2008, 07:17 PM
after watching Dontrell Savage briefly last Thurs nite, he is definitely our return man. Not only is he fast and quick but he has that rare instinct of finding daylight to make a play. You can tell his "football character" is "always" to make a "big play everytime" very much like Devin Hester. He has the quickness of 'Dante' and the power of 'Tamarick'. Hey, there is a name and a blast from the past for you. I think he has more power than Hester as well to break more tackles. My gut feels real good about this guy and he could be our "Wes Welker" or even better in time than Wes playing the slot that is if Chan uses the slot. Just my thoughts. Yours? Quite frankly I think he could be decent top back.

Do you get paid an extra bonus for every set of quotation marks you use?

OnTheWarpath15
08-12-2008, 07:18 PM
Do you get paid an extra bonus for every set of quotation marks you use?

LMAO

Direckshun
08-12-2008, 07:20 PM
I'd put Robinson on PUP and give him eight weeks. By then our season will probably we over and we can experiment with him to see if he's any good.

Put Savage out there as our returner.

I think Savage would be an unbelievable practice squad member, I just don't think he'd slip through it. I think the Chiefs are set at RB even without Savage -- I think they ought to give him a lot of reps in the next three games and see if they can trade him off for a low-rounder. Guy is a Sproles duplicate if you ask me.