PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Planet is Wrongly Titled

KCJohnny
08-13-2008, 08:26 AM
I come here for football discussion. This is the best Chiefs site online when actual Chiefs football is talked about.
As of this posting only 3 of the 25 page one discussions that are not stickys are about Chiefs football. I can tolerate the NFTs during the offseason, but now that the NFL football season is officially underway, I am a bit weary of all the exchanges about dating, dogs, dating dogs, etc...

I know Chiefs fans have a life besides the Chiefs (don't they?) but sometimes I wonder if the Chiefs are as beloved by all as they are by some. :huh:

Big Kudos to you guys that keep the relevant NFL/Chiefs discussion going here. Thanks for the spirited football discussion and great knowledge, links, pics, video, etc... your football opinions/analysis is greatly appreciated by KCJ.
GO CHIEFS!
:arrow:

ChiefsFan4Life
08-13-2008, 08:28 AM
Click on The Lounge

Bottom left hand corner

Select Chiefs from prefix

Click Show Threads

Fin

Demonpenz
08-13-2008, 08:29 AM
I agree 100% Maybe have a subforum for nft and football topics.

StcChief
08-13-2008, 08:31 AM
KCJ yes. you can filter out the NFT threads now..... the new version of VBulletin (this app drives the site).

Reerun_KC
There isnt anything wrong with the Planet...

No changes needed.

Hog's Gone Fishin
We need a subforum for Semen!

KCJohnny
08-13-2008, 08:32 AM
Click on The Lounge

Bottom left hand corner

Select Chiefs from prefix

Click Show Threads

Fin

Cool! :thumb:

Demonpenz
08-13-2008, 08:34 AM
hmm I don't like the filter button. Is there anyway you can just fix it so when I log in that it sorts out the football and nft the filter is a pain

Deberg_1990
08-13-2008, 08:34 AM
I come here for football discussion. This is the best Chiefs site online when actual Chiefs football is talked about.
As of this posting only 3 of the 25 page one discussions that are not stickys are about Chiefs football. I can tolerate the NFTs during the offseason, but now that the NFL football season is officially underway, I am a bit weary of all the exchanges about dating, dogs, dating dogs, etc...

I know Chiefs fans have a life besides the Chiefs (don't they?) but sometimes I wonder if the Chiefs are as beloved by all as they are by some. :huh:

Big Kudos to you guys that keep the relevant NFL/Chiefs discussion going here. Thanks for the spirited football discussion and great knowledge, links, pics, video, etc... your football opinions/analysis is greatly appreciated by KCJ.
GO CHIEFS!

Theres always WPI. Enjoy!

Skip Towne
08-13-2008, 08:35 AM
Go check out WPI. It may be more your style.

Reerun_KC
08-13-2008, 08:35 AM
Theres always WPI. Enjoy!
And can be yours for only $99.95

milkman
08-13-2008, 08:37 AM
I look at this place as I would a local sports bar.

Our mutual interest brings us together, but we are a diverse group of people with multiple interests, and, just like regulars at a local sports bar, we have diversified our topics of interest.

the Talking Can
08-13-2008, 08:39 AM

GO CHIEFS!

no one cares what you think about anything...not us, not your family, and not jesus.....

KCJohnny

Our mutual interest brings us together, but we are a diverse group of people with multiple interests, and, just like regulars at a local sports bar, we have diversified our topics of interest.

Roger. Got it. OK.

But 3 out of 25? What kind of sport bars are you frequenting, Johnny?

Reerun_KC
no one cares what you think about anything...not us, not your family, and not jesus.....
NICE TTC, take the thread into another pissing match...

Deberg_1990
08-13-2008, 08:40 AM
Johnny, Fatchatter might be more your liking? All the topics there are filtered out into multiple forums. Its not all thrown together like here. check it out.

KCJohnny
08-13-2008, 08:42 AM
Johnny, Fatchatter might be more your liking? All the topics there are filtered out into multiple forums. Its not all thrown together like here. check it out.

Worth a try, thanks! The only thing is, Phobia posts there so its surely got some Plantization factor...

:D

DaFace
08-13-2008, 08:42 AM
There are also some "quick filters" under the "forums" menu at the top that let you quickly filter the Lounge down to just Chiefs threads, Football threads, and Draft threads all in one click.

Or, just click on an icon to the left of a thread to look at only that type of thread.

milkman
08-13-2008, 08:43 AM
Roger. Got it. OK.

But 3 out of 25? What kind of sport bars are you frequenting, Johnny?

A few years ago when I lived close enough to walk to and from the local sports bar, I would go to have a few, and me an the other regulars talked about everything from our wives to our jobs to our pets.

CosmicPal
08-13-2008, 08:48 AM

Only here, the men outnumber the women 100 to 1, we can't shoot pool, nor can we ogle the hot chick carrying the tray of jello shots.

KCJohnny
08-13-2008, 08:48 AM
A few years ago when I lived close enough to walk to and from the local sports bar, I would go to have a few, and me an the other regulars talked about everything from our wives to our jobs to our pets.

Norm! Howaya?! (Cheers)

You are correctly aligning the cyber-generation's social habits with our dads' generation of fellowshipping at the the pub/tavern/bar.
Like that scene in "Invincible" when Papale's dad says in the bar that the Eagles were the only thing that kept him going during the bad years.

Bottoms up.
(its 1145 pm here in Korea)
:toast::BLVD:

Dartgod
08-13-2008, 08:50 AM
We need a sub-forum for whiny bitches.

Demonpenz
08-13-2008, 08:51 AM
We need a sub-forum for whiny bitches.

no crap. I am tired of the whiny people. Why can't they ever learn

CosmicPal
08-13-2008, 08:51 AM
Norm! Howaya?! (Cheers)

You are correctly aligning the cyber-generation's social habits with our dads' generation of fellowshipping at the the pub/tavern/bar.
Like that scene in "Invincible" when Papale's dad says in the bar that the Eagles were the only thing that kept him going during the bad years.

Bottoms up.
(its 1145 pm here in Korea)
:toast::BLVD:

Shouldn't you be posting on a football thread?

KCJohnny
08-13-2008, 08:52 AM
no crap. I am tired of the whiny people. Why can't they ever learn
Who forced you to post here?

Rooster
08-13-2008, 08:53 AM

LMAO LMAO

Not even Jesus? o:-)

morphius
08-13-2008, 08:54 AM
morphius is a big fan of people that complain about the lack of football topics, by starting threads that have nothing to do with football.

KCJohnny
08-13-2008, 08:54 AM
Shouldn't you be posting on a football thread?

:redface:

Uh... yeah.

Ya got me.

milkman
08-13-2008, 08:55 AM
morphius is a big fan of people that complain about the lack of football topics, by starting threads that have nothing to do with football.

milkman wonders if morphius has been hanging with Bob Dole?

KCJohnny
08-13-2008, 08:56 AM

Nothing to do with football?
:spock:

KCJohnny
08-13-2008, 08:57 AM

Yeah, KCJohnny was thinking the same thing. Speaking in the 3rd person was the schtick of the Senator from Kansas.

Mama Hip Rockets
08-13-2008, 08:58 AM
but now that the NFL football season is officially underway

well, not really.

CoMoChief
08-13-2008, 09:01 AM

GO CHIEFS!

:deevee::deevee::deevee::deevee::deevee::deevee::deevee:

chasedude
08-13-2008, 09:12 AM

GO CHIEFS!

This is Pre-Season, in my book it hasn't officially been started yet.

KCJohnny
08-13-2008, 09:14 AM
This is Pre-Season, in my book it hasn't officially been started yet.

Great! So what's your take on dating, dogs, and dating dogs?

ILikeBigTiddys
08-13-2008, 09:19 AM

Quit being a fecking puzzy. If there wasnt all this off topic talk this board would be dead.

Dartgod
08-13-2008, 09:19 AM
I think you should try the latter.

chasedude
08-13-2008, 09:21 AM

I like Hotdogs :p

boogblaster
08-13-2008, 09:22 AM
Football is the game ... Dog Porkin' is our fame ... The Midwest is usually lame ... Varity all the same .....

Reerun_KC
08-13-2008, 09:22 AM
I like Hotdogs :p

big ol chili dogs?

morphius
08-13-2008, 09:24 AM
or else morphius is becoming more bitter, like Bob Dole.

Bob Dole
08-13-2008, 09:31 AM
Yeah, KCJohnny was thinking the same thing. Speaking in the 3rd person was the schtick of the Senator from Kansas.

Was?

Bowser
08-13-2008, 09:36 AM
My god, Proctor is right. That's it, I'm leaving forever.

Reerun_KC
08-13-2008, 09:38 AM
My god, Proctor is right. That's it, I'm leaving forever.

Well.................. Bye.....................

http://www.chrisbrocious.com/assets/images/612capture_tombstone03.jpg

blueballs
08-13-2008, 09:52 AM
BREAKING NEWS
Bret Favre has retired again
no he just wants traded

el borracho
08-13-2008, 09:53 AM
What the heck are we going to talk about?

A bunch of players most of us have never seen play?
The same GM we have verbally deconstructed for the past two decades?
Our uninspiring head coach?
The upcoming 4-12 season?

I will say I was surprised not to see more dialogue about the Chargers first preseason game but perhaps that topic would be too depressing for us; the Chargers appear light years ahead in the division.

Perhaps instead of a complaint you could start a thread on the topic of your choice.

DaKCMan AP
08-13-2008, 10:00 AM
I think what KCJ really wants is a forum dedicated to the "glory" days of Marty, Gun and RBBC.

milkman
08-13-2008, 10:01 AM

If talking in the third person is a sign of bitterness, then milkman should have been talking in the third person for the last 30 years.

FAX
08-13-2008, 10:02 AM
Bitch, bitch, bitch. That's all people do here anymore. From the veterans to the N00bs (sp?), from the thoughtful to the ignorant, from the mountains to the prairies, it's complain about my love life, complain about my job, complain about the subforums, complain about a poster, complain about the quarterback, complain about Mr. Baby Lee.

It's sickening. Grow up, you little babies!!! The world wasn't made just for you! It was made for everybody and everybody is different!!! Pack up your p*ssy-ass feelings and take them to a local psychiatrist's office, knock on the door, and beg for help!! With any luck, he will be insane and shoot you in the head!!

FAX THE KINDA GROUCHY

Bowser
08-13-2008, 10:04 AM

Bearcat
08-13-2008, 10:11 AM
What do you want us to talk about that hasn't already been talked about? The last game was 6 days ago... if you wanted to talk about that game, go back 4 days. There was discussion on the game, Chan Gailey and the offense, Brodie Croyle, the defense, the young players, etc. Our upcoming strategy is the same as last week... have a good scrimmage and don't get hurt.

Do we really need another prediction thread? More analysis of last week's game? More speculation?

Every Wednesday of the regular season is slow, much less August... the weekend is for football, arm-chair QB, power rankings, and other postgame news on Mon. and Tues, then it gets going again by Thursday or Friday. It's only been like that around here for the past 10 years.

If you're looking for thread ideas, since this one is such a gem, I haven't seen Marty's name mentioned in a while...

blueballs
08-13-2008, 10:15 AM
its' the Redrum69's motherfacation of Chiefsplanet

Skip Towne
08-13-2008, 10:16 AM
Who forced you to post here?

I was about to ask you that.

Ebolapox
08-13-2008, 10:38 AM

yes, but where there any quality poop threads (of discussion)?

if not, no comparison :p

Reerun_KC
08-13-2008, 10:39 AM
I think what KCJ really wants is a forum dedicated to the "glory" days of Marty, Gun and RBBC.

:LOL:

Oh they were so glorious... That era should be called the "Glory Days of Mediocrity!"

FAX
08-13-2008, 10:51 AM
Maybe Mr. KCJohnny could serve as a kind of big sister board monitor and review every post and thread before it makes it's way to the Planet. That way, we can be certain that all posts meet his approval and withstand the scrutiny of one whose high posting standards may not be questioned. Of course, that will be the end of threads about movies, women, prayer requests, poetry, and pie, but at least we will be assured that our contributions to the board are no longer offensive.

FAX

Iowanian
08-13-2008, 10:55 AM
KCJ has a point.....this is the least discussion about the Chiefs during training camp I've ever seen. There are days that go by without a new article, discussion of injuries, position battles etc....

DaKCMan AP
08-13-2008, 11:07 AM
Maybe Mr. KCJohnny could serve as a kind of big sister board monitor and review every post and thread before it makes it's way to the Planet. That way, we can be certain that all posts meet his approval and withstand the scrutiny of one whose high posting standards may not be questioned. Of course, that will be the end of threads about movies, women, prayer requests, poetry, and pie, but at least we will be assured that our contributions to the board are no longer offensive.

FAX

WHAT!?!?!?!? NO PIE??????????????

FAX
08-13-2008, 11:11 AM
KCJ has a point.....this is the least discussion about the Chiefs during training camp I've ever seen. There are days that go by without a new article, discussion of injuries, position battles etc....

I don't know, Mr. Iowanian. I've seen a ton of threads on every imaginable subject (except, perhaps, the color and model number of Herm's preferred cup) related to camp and pre-season. At least as much as last year, if not more. Maybe I'm just imagining it, but it sure seems that way to me.

FAX

blueballs
08-13-2008, 11:13 AM
Bengals WR Chad Johnson now has a plan for how he can get away with having "Ocho Cinco" spelled out over the "85″ on his back. Pro Football Talk learned that Johnson has taken the first steps in the state of Florida toward legally changing his last name to Ocho Cinco. Seriously. If Johnson follows through on this, his actual, legal name will be Chad Ocho Cinco, and the NFL would then (we assume) allow him to put his new last name on the back of his jersey. -- Pro Football Talk

blueballs
08-13-2008, 11:14 AM
The writer, Paul Lukas, got a tip from a reader that the Dolphins are looking to make wholesale changes to their image. Monday, he wrote: "Word in Reebok/Adidas world is that the Miami Dolphins contacted them today to totally re-image them. We're talking new logo, new color scheme, and new uniforms. Why? Because, according to their front office, they want to be "tough," and unfortunately orange and teal don't go along with tough.'" Dolphins spokesman Harvey Greene says there "is no truth to it." "This pops up about every two years," he says. But I'm still a little skeptical. Parcells has a history of doing this stuff, having changed the logos and uniforms for both the Patriots and Jets. -- Palm Beach Post

blueballs
08-13-2008, 11:14 AM
LeCharles Bentley, who missed the last two seasons because of a knee injury after signing with the Browns as a free agent in 2006, has visited the Lions and left without signing a contract. Bentley was at training camp on Tuesday and met with president Matt Millen and the coaching staff. Bentley did not take a physical, which is a prerequisite before a team signs a player. -- Detroit News

blueballs
08-13-2008, 11:15 AM
Broncos sign 13 year vet Tyrone Pool

blueballs
08-13-2008, 11:16 AM
Daunte Culpepper sent me an e-mail to report that he was unwilling to take the deal from the Steelers that Byron Leftwich did. Culpepper is prepared to wait for a better opportunity and when he gets it, he believes he will shine. "The workout went great, as per the (Steelers)," Culpepper wrote. "I feel great. It was good to get out and show the Steelers that I am healthy." And now that he's healthy, Culpepper is ready to prove it to other teams. -- NFL Network

blueballs
08-13-2008, 11:25 AM
you end up wasting your time
because nobody cares
they need to talk about themselves like women folk

FAX
08-13-2008, 11:37 AM
Chin up, Mr. blueballs, this is pretty interesting stuff.

Changing your name to "Ocho Cinco" is kind of cool, in a way. It's odd that he chose Spanish instead of, say, French or Czechoslovakian, or something, but it will be kind of neat when he's in a Mexican restaurant and they call his name like, "Ocho Cinco table for Cuatro!".

FAX

vailpass
08-13-2008, 11:38 AM
There isn't enough football talk and there are too many fugging Bronco fans here.
Have that chick fetch me a gatorade.
I want to be a woman.
Superfly do or die.

milkman
08-13-2008, 11:49 AM
yes, but where there any quality poop threads (of discussion)?

if not, no comparison :p

There were some people who wore some pretty shitty threads there.

Does that qualify?

milkman
08-13-2008, 11:50 AM
:LOL:

Oh they were so glorious... That era should be called the "Glory Days of Martyocrity!"

FYP

Dartgod
08-13-2008, 11:50 AM

Changing your name to "Ocho Cinco" is kind of cool, in a way. It's odd that he chose Spanish instead of, say, French or Czechoslovakian, or something...
This is a great idea.

Chinese: 八十五
Dutch: Vijfentachtig
French: quatre-vingt-cinq
German: fünfundachzig
Greek: ογδόντα πέντε
Italian: ottantacinque
Portuguese: oitenta e cinco
Russian: восемьдесят пять

Personally, I like the German translation the best. Chad Fun Fun Dachzig.

Yeah, that's cool.

Reerun_KC
08-13-2008, 11:52 AM
FYP
REP!

ROFL

CosmicPal
08-13-2008, 11:59 AM
Can we get back to discussing football now? Sheesh.

:p

Ultra Peanut
08-13-2008, 12:26 PM
**** off.

FAX
08-13-2008, 12:29 PM

I am more bitterer than you, Mr. morphius. By a long shot. I am trenchant. I am mordant. I am acid. I am corrosive chemicals. I am rank, sour vinegar. I am a bag of stale sauerkraut. I am a gallon of caustic lemon juice applied liberally to an injured nutsack. I am hell's half acre of ever doubtful and diminishing returns. I am running down the middle of the street in a chicken costume and no shoes screaming the halleleua chorus in falsetto and reverse.

Whew!

I feel lots better. Thanks for listening, guys.

FAX

J Diddy
08-13-2008, 12:40 PM
Bitch, bitch, bitch. That's all people do here anymore. From the veterans to the N00bs (sp?), from the thoughtful to the ignorant, from the mountains to the prairies, it's complain about my love life, complain about my job, complain about the subforums, complain about a poster, complain about the quarterback, complain about Mr. Baby Lee.

It's sickening. Grow up, you little babies!!! The world wasn't made just for you! It was made for everybody and everybody is different!!! Pack up your p*ssy-ass feelings and take them to a local psychiatrist's office, knock on the door, and beg for help!! With any luck, he will be insane and shoot you in the head!!

FAX THE KINDA GROUCHY

http://www.frontrowking.com/Concert_Tickets/Pics/Ron_White1200426767temp.jpg

to quote the great ron white "well **** you"

Rausch
08-13-2008, 12:44 PM

Ron White: understood by the few while needed by the many...

Simply Red
08-13-2008, 12:58 PM
don't care.

Demonpenz
08-13-2008, 01:03 PM

GIT R DUN

FAX
08-13-2008, 01:06 PM

Well, to quote the great Louis Perkinson, Mr. J Diddy, "Up yours with vinyl floors!". Or, the great David Lebromski, "Eat some petroleum till you hit the linoleum!". Or, the great Larry Busher, "Irritate your hemorrhoid piles with about a dozen or so ceramic tiles!". Or, the even greater Sally Vandershoot, "Get your colon contaminated with 10 square feet of double laminated!". Or, the ultra, super great Jimmy Newsome, "Jam up your bone some fairly nice, inexpensive, but pretty darn realistic faux stone!"

Take that.

FAX

Rausch
08-13-2008, 01:10 PM
Well, to quote the great Louis Perkinson, Mr. J Diddy, "Up yours with vinyl floors!". Or, the great David Lebromski, "Eat some petroleum till you hit the linoleum!". Or, the great Larry Busher, "Irritate your hemorrhoid piles with about a dozen or so ceramic tiles!". Or, the even greater Sally Vandershoot, "Get your colon contaminated with 10 square feet of double laminated!". Or, the ultra, super great Jimmy Newsome, "Jam up your bone some fairly nice, inexpensive, but pretty darn realistic faux stone!"

Take that.

FAX

Poe wasn't bad either...

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it. "

J Diddy
08-13-2008, 01:11 PM

Take that.

FAX

what was worse than your barrage was the boredom that ensued

FAX
08-13-2008, 01:20 PM
Not exactly the reaction I had initially hoped for, that's certain. It took forever to look up and cross reference all those horrific quotes. Maybe it's time I faced the fact that I just may not be cut out for all this misplaced, irrational anger stuff.

FAX

Rausch
08-13-2008, 01:22 PM
Not exactly the reaction I had initially hoped for, that's certain.

Hey, howareya?

Myworld: Population - 2

Pennywise
08-13-2008, 01:26 PM
I'd be pissed too if I was stuck in a leg unit in Korea.

J Diddy
08-13-2008, 01:35 PM
Not exactly the reaction I had initially hoped for, that's certain. It took forever to look up and cross reference all those horrific quotes. Maybe it's time I faced the fact that I just may not be cut out for all this misplaced, irrational anger stuff.

FAX

no really, don't get down, you insulted me good you really did

really

FAX
08-13-2008, 01:55 PM
no really, don't get down, you insulted me good you really did

really

Thanks, Mr. J Diddy. I appreciate it. But, I don't think I'll ever be as good as you.

FAX

J Diddy
08-13-2008, 01:56 PM
Thanks, Mr. J Diddy. I appreciate it. But, I don't think I'll ever be as good as you.

FAX

we can dream...

we can dream...

JuicesFlowing
08-13-2008, 05:20 PM
I understand what you're saying KCJohnny. But what I do is check out 3-4 other Chiefs "news" sites first, then when I have a pretty good idea of what's happened in Chiefs Nation, I come to the Planet. That's not to say that CP is the worst site for me, it's the most enjoyable honestly. If there is a thread I don't like, then I ignore it. I have no problem with how it's set up. And I'm sure when the regular season starts, the football threads will dominate the lounge.

blueballs
08-13-2008, 05:23 PM
This place is about drama
and kcjohnny is part of it

milkman
08-13-2008, 05:58 PM
I understand what you're saying KCJohnny. But what I do is check out 3-4 other Chiefs "news" sites first, then when I have a pretty good idea of what's happened in Chiefs Nation, I come to the Planet. That's not to say that CP is the worst site for me, it's the most enjoyable honestly. If there is a thread I don't like, then I ignore it. I have no problem with how it's set up. And I'm sure when the regular season starts, the football threads will dominate the lounge.

I wouldn't be sure of this.

Football discussions will be more prevalent, but the days of football discussion dominance, much like the Chiefs defense, is gone.

Thig Lyfe
08-13-2008, 06:03 PM
This site is more of a congregation of people who happen to like the Chiefs than a 24/7 Chiefs discussion site.

blueballs
08-13-2008, 06:07 PM
There is a Jayhawk and a Tiger on the team
and there hasn't been a thread on the subject

Hammock Parties
08-13-2008, 06:11 PM
We should talk about mother****ing jesus more. And that badass god of his.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-13-2008, 06:26 PM
lol Was this thread necessary?

Haven't we went over this a billion times?

milkman
08-13-2008, 06:28 PM
lol Was this thread necessary?

Haven't we went over this a billion times?

Don't we go over everthing a billion times?

Chiefs Pantalones
08-13-2008, 06:29 PM

lol true...

Bearcat
08-13-2008, 06:42 PM

Damnit, Ca.. :doh!:

Hammock Parties
08-13-2008, 06:48 PM
lol true...

That's the point of Chiefsplanet. It wouldn't be the same without people cracking on GoChiefs about sex, trashing Carl Peterson, slobbering over hot chicks, bullshitting about poop and playing political ping-pong to no end.

In short, WTF is going on?

RJ
08-13-2008, 07:03 PM

Yes. so far......but we still have time to hit two billion.

milkman
08-13-2008, 07:24 PM
Yes. so far......but we still have time to hit two billion.

Raising the bar!

I like it!

Spott
08-13-2008, 07:55 PM
This is the reason I like the planet is that everyone talks about everything. Sure the board centers around football, but one might never know that all they need to get laid by any woman they want is a motorcycle if it wasn't for all the non-football threads around here.

NewChief
08-13-2008, 07:58 PM
Eh, CP is like Digg with commentary for me. It really is one of the places where I go to keep current on things. Without all the NFT stuff, I probably wouldn't come here nearly as often, as I don't really care about the Chiefs like I once did.

gblowfish
08-13-2008, 08:18 PM
You can never have enough earnest, heartfelt poop threads.

CHENZ A!
08-13-2008, 08:43 PM
BORING

Posted via Mobile Device

ChiefsCountry
08-13-2008, 09:01 PM
Chiefs Planet is like a sports bar to me. The Chiefs are the main reason to go there, but the topics vary in the conversation.

Spicy McHaggis
08-13-2008, 09:41 PM
Chiefs Planet is like a sports bar to me.

For me, it's more of an opium den.

KCJohnny
08-14-2008, 07:04 AM

That's probably the best method I've heard of so far. I come to here to survey the analysis of the current state of Chiefs Nation and the discussion with the grownups is pretty stimulating. The problem is I have to hide all the sophomoric graphics/topics which add absolutely nothing from my wife, kids, supervisor, etc... and sometimes I miss the cool vid/pic/gif because of the ubiquitous porn, profanity, personal discussion about sex (which we all know is 90% fabrication, and 10% masturbation), etc...

Oh I know there are those that deem this 'whining' but its really an indicator of the general coarsening of our culture-at-large.

Maybe I'm spoiled because I serve with the best examples of our society everyday. There are some amazing young men and women in our armed forces today selflessly serving our nation at profound risk to themselves and their well-being.

DaKCMan AP
08-14-2008, 07:07 AM
That's probably the best method I've heard of so far. I come to here to survey the analysis of the current state of Chiefs Nation and the discussion with the grownups is pretty stimulating. The problem is I have to hide all the sophomoric graphics/topics which add absolutely nothing from my wife, kids, supervisor, etc... and sometimes I miss the cool vid/pic/gif because of the ubiquitous porn, profanity, personal discussion about sex (which we all know is 90% fabrication, and 10% masturbation), etc...

Oh I know there are those that deem this 'whining' but its really an indicator of the general coarsening of our culture-at-large.

Maybe I'm spoiled because I serve with the best examples of our society everyday. There are some amazing young men and women in our armed forces today selflessly serving our nation at profound risk to themselves and their well-being.

Yeah - the rest of us are immoral, blood-sucking trash. :rolleyes:

Mr. Plow
08-14-2008, 07:11 AM
Mine is more like 72.5% fabrication, 27.5% masturbation.

Fat Elvis
08-14-2008, 07:48 AM

Maybe YOU'RE the reason why the US now privatizes the vast majority of their military services. Boneheads like YOU are the reason why there is 5:1 private civilian contractor to enlisted military personel in Iraq today. Heck, even the military brass uses private security forces rather than relying on YOU.

If you want to pat yourself on the back and tell everyone here why your shit doesn't stink, make sure you put it in the proper perspective.

Baby Lee
08-14-2008, 07:51 AM

Changing your name to "Ocho Cinco" is kind of cool, in a way. It's odd that he chose Spanish instead of, say, French or Czechoslovakian, or something, but it will be kind of neat when he's in a Mexican restaurant and they call his name like, "Ocho Cinco table for Cuatro!".

FAX

What happened to the DuFrains?!?!?

KCJohnny
08-14-2008, 07:54 AM
there is 5:1 private civilian contractor to enlisted military personel in Iraq today.

You obviously do not know what you are talking about.

Field case study complete. Thanks.

Baby Lee
08-14-2008, 08:05 AM
Your 'When I'm not here, I just hang out with a higher class of people' schtick is as d-baggy as Dane's Hollywood schtick.

KCJohnny
08-14-2008, 08:07 AM
Your 'When I'm not here, I just hang out with a higher class of people' schtick is as d-baggy as Dane's Hollywood schtick.

Oh, I totally understand your taking offense at such a stance.
Walk a mile in our boots.

Baby Lee
08-14-2008, 08:18 AM
Oh, I totally understand your taking offense at such a stance.
Walk a mile in our boots.

Oh, noes it's startin' again.

2 cups all purpose flour, sifted . . .

KCJohnny
08-14-2008, 08:21 AM
Oh, noes it's startin' again.

2 cups all purpose flour, sifted . . .

Yeah. When all else fails, attack the poster. Groupthink/dogpile rules!

Baby Lee
08-14-2008, 08:24 AM
Yeah. When all else fails, attack the poster. Groupthink/dogpile rules!

You're the one who said it saddens you to see us here actin' the fools, because you're spoiled by the better people you get to hang out with.
So yeah, attack the poster.

Iowanian
08-14-2008, 08:39 AM
KCJ

Have you been watching the HBO mini-series "Generation Kill"?

Did you see the episode relating to chaplains?

Baby Lee
08-14-2008, 08:42 AM
KCJ

It was a scene, not an episode. Dude you tell him there's a whole episode on chaplains and he's gonna get wood a month of sackcloth and ash won't erase the shame of.

KCJohnny
08-14-2008, 08:46 AM
KCJ

No, I haven't, nor will I, because Hollywood is 180 degrees opposed to the values of the boys who strap it it on and go to fight the enemy in close combat.

FWIW, Chaplains represent all the various religious traditions in the US, and their opinions are as diverse as the religious landscape. I have served under fire with the very best chaplains in the Army, and I can tell you that they are not afraid to speak the truth to commanders and they are not afraid to go in harm's way to reach Soldiers and Marines. Another thing Chaplains do in counterinsurgency operations is negotiate with Iraqi/Afghan religious leaders for terms of peace/stability. I have personally been involved in dozens of these missions as the weapon-bearing member of the chaplain team. The fact that religion is a modern battlefield factor involves us in very particular and mission essential ways.

KCUnited
08-14-2008, 09:02 AM
There's a Joan Osbourne song going through my head right now and it won't quit.

Hum hum hum hum one of us...

AirForceChief
08-14-2008, 09:08 AM
Ironically, I've scanned through a dozen posts responding to the criticism of non-football related topics only to find no talk of football in general, let alone the Chiefs...what the?

Iowanian
08-14-2008, 09:09 AM
CHIEFSPLANET!! POLICE THAT MOUSTACHE!!!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/R3H0i40d1ko&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/R3H0i40d1ko&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

KCJohnny
08-14-2008, 09:11 AM

<OBJECT height=344 width=425>

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/R3H0i40d1ko&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></OBJECT></P>Obviously submitted by a non-military disgruntled lib.:shake:

Pennywise
08-14-2008, 09:14 AM

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/R3H0i40d1ko&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/R3H0i40d1ko&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

What the hell is he saying at the end?

Iowanian
08-14-2008, 09:16 AM
I've never talked to anyone I've personally known, including my brother who was airborne, or my good friend who is a gunny in a marine recon, who hasn't described *that* guy.

My brother's first platoon sgt was *that guy* and he said the dumbass was smoking them....in Iraq.

Its kind of like girls running in 3s...the hot girl, the fat girl and the slut. If you don't know who the slut is, in your group...its probably you.

Baby Lee
08-14-2008, 09:18 AM
What the hell is he saying at the end?

Being outside the grooming standards, he had to "O'dark hundred to unf#ck hisseff"

blueballs
08-14-2008, 09:21 AM
GO YELLOW JACKETS
-there
there is some football

Iowanian
08-14-2008, 09:22 AM
"Capturing an airfield doesn't give you the right to start lookin like no elvis"

KCJohnny
08-14-2008, 09:22 AM
Being outside the grooming standards, he had 'xxx minutes to unf#ck hisseff"

Civilians cannot possibly understand the connection between maintaining grooming standards and maintaining standards for platoon maneuver when engaging the enemy on the asymmetric battlefield.
The sergeant addressed in the video (hollywood fabrication as it is) is in charge of 4 men, their weapons, equipment, accountability and actions on the battlefield. Leader failure to comply with basic standards sends a poor message (and potentially deadly) to junior Soldiers/Marines.

But go ahead and laugh it up at this hollywood caricature...

Baby Lee
08-14-2008, 09:26 AM
Civilians cannot possibly understand the connection between maintaining grooming standards and maintaining standards for platoon maneuver when engaging the enemy on the asymmetric battlefield.
The sergeant addressed in the video (hollywood fabrication as it is) is in charge of 4 men, their weapons, equipment, accountability and actions on the battlefield. Leader failure to comply with basic standards sends a poor message (and potentially deadly) to junior Soldiers/Marines.

But go ahead and laugh it up at this hollywood caricature...

Are you REALLY STILL this dickbag!?!?!?!

I thought you'd learned something over the years.

KCJohnny
08-14-2008, 09:28 AM
Are you REALLY STILL this dickbag!?!?!?!

I thought you'd learned something over the years.

All due respect sir, you cannot possibly add to my military acumen in this venue. Thank you for playing.

Baby Lee
08-14-2008, 09:29 AM
All due respect sir, you cannot possibly add to my military acumen in this venue. Thank you for playing.

Go away and STAY away.

KCJohnny
08-14-2008, 09:31 AM
Go away and STAY away.
:clap:
Nice.

Baby Lee
08-14-2008, 09:40 AM
Sad thing is, if you weren't being a condescending d-bag, and IF you had seen the show, we might have something to constructively discuss.

But you don't know what people around you are even saying and have no idea what the show had to say, and have chosen in response to blindly fling poo.

KCJohnny
08-14-2008, 09:43 AM
Sad thing is, if you weren't being a condescending d-bag, and IF you had seen the show, we might have something to constructively discuss.

I have no need to defend my miltary credentials in this forum. Your name-calling and ad hominem attacks make that goal [constructive discussion] impossible. Combat in real life and combat on TV are apples and oranges.

Iowanian
08-14-2008, 09:43 AM

Shout it out, Tackleberry.

"YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH.....and so forth"

For some reason.....now, I have no problem envisioning you being the guy, making E3 and E4s do pushups, after 24hr missions because their top button is undone.

Frazod
08-14-2008, 09:46 AM
I've been watching Generation Kill, and can't say I'm all that impressed. It's sort of like Band of Brothers with Tourette's Syndrome, only with no interesting characters or class. I think I still have the last two episodes on the DVR but don't even know if I'll bother watching them.

Baby Lee
08-14-2008, 09:48 AM
I have no need to defend my miltary credentials in this forum. Your name-calling and ad hominem attacks make that goal [constructive discussion] impossible. Combat in real life and combat on TV are apples and oranges.

YOU are the one who called us all lesser people. You want to apologize for that, maybe we can talk, and I can explain what actually being discussed, since you have no clue.

Pennywise
08-14-2008, 09:55 AM

True story.

I shot the tail light out of a humvee 20 or 30 yards away all the way through the opposite door of a GP medium (tent) with a wrap around slingshot and a tobasco bottle from an MRE.

Beat that.

Baby Lee
08-14-2008, 09:56 AM
True story.

I shot the tail light out of a humvee 20 or 30 yards away all the way through the opposite door of a GP medium (tent) with a wrap around slingshot and a tobasco bottle from an MRE.

Beat that.

Did you get Ja-LOP-ennoe and Cheese?

Pennywise
08-14-2008, 09:58 AM
Did you get Ja-LOP-ennoe and Cheese?

Nope, just a big piece of pie.

J Diddy
08-14-2008, 10:00 AM
I've been watching Generation Kill, and can't say I'm all that impressed. It's sort of like Band of Brothers with Tourette's Syndrome, only with no interesting characters or class. I think I still have the last two episodes on the DVR but don't even know if I'll bother watching them.

your loss

imo its great

J Diddy
08-14-2008, 10:01 AM

lol

you are stirrer in the cup of poo

Frazod
08-14-2008, 10:05 AM
your loss

imo its great

Meh. Just doesn't do it for me. I still may watch the episodes if I have nothing better to do. I guess I've just come to expect better from HBO.

Baby Lee
08-14-2008, 10:08 AM
Meh. Just doesn't do it for me. I still may watch the episodes if I have nothing better to do. I guess I've just come to expect better from HBO.

Can you put your finger on what is disappointing you?
By all accounts it's hewing close to the source material with a shitload of input from those individuals at liberty to do so.

Chief Pote
08-14-2008, 10:10 AM
I have the answer "why"? Diversion tactics. It's because the Chiefs at one point in time, had hope. I don't think anyone on this board or anyone knowledgeable about sports think the Chiefs have a chance at winning anything of importance this year. NO SB, no playoffs......if that changes, so will the message board.

Fat Elvis
08-14-2008, 10:10 AM
You obviously do not know what you are talking about.

Field case study complete. Thanks.

My mistake in mis-remembering facts. There is currently a ~1:1 ratio of of civilian contractors to military personel. This represents a FIVEFOLD to TWENTYFOURFOLD increase in the ratio, rather than the 5:1 civilian/military ratio I had originally alluded.

http://www.nationaljournal.com/congressdaily/cd_20080812_5175.php

In its report, CBO said there are now more civilian workers than U.S. military personnel in the Iraq, where American forces now number about 144,000 troops. CBO officials estimated that more than 190,000 contract personnel were in the Iraq theater, 160,000 of them in Iraq, with the rest in nearby countries.

About 20 percent of the contract employees were Americans, CBO said.

The report, requested by the Senate Budget Committee, did not list the names of the major contractors but said they number in the hundreds.

CBO officials compared the use of civilians during past wars and found that the 1-to-1 ratio of contract personnel to U.S. troops in Iraq is higher than the ratio in other major U.S. military conflicts, with the exception of the Balkans in the 1990s when there were only about 20,000 military personnel and the same number of contractors.

The ratio during World War II was one contractor to 24 U.S. service personnel. In Vietnam, it was 1-to-5.

Fat Elvis
08-14-2008, 10:12 AM
lol

you are the cup of poo

FYP

Frazod
08-14-2008, 10:43 AM
Can you put your finger on what is disappointing you?
By all accounts it's hewing close to the source material with a shitload of input from those individuals at liberty to do so.

Primarily I find none of the characters interesting. At all. I can't even remember a single character's name right now after watching several episodes (except for the Colonel's "godfather" nickname). They're either bland or vulgar, but not memorable.

Perhaps it's not fair to judge this against Band of Brothers. Maybe the episodes I haven't seen yet are better. I just don't care for it.

Baby Lee
08-14-2008, 10:56 AM
Primarily I find none of the characters interesting. At all. I can't even remember a single character's name right now after watching several episodes (except for the Colonel's "godfather" nickname). They're either bland or vulgar, but not memorable.

Perhaps it's not fair to judge this against Band of Brothers. Maybe the episodes I haven't seen yet are better. I just don't care for it.

Yeah, I can see that. Simon likes to drop you right in without exposition. There's the characters, then figuring out the heirarchy and the jargon.
I guess I've really come to like that type of TV, though.

Frazod
08-14-2008, 10:57 AM
Yeah, I can see that. Simon likes to drop you right in without exposition. There's then characters, the figuring out the heirarchy and the jargon.
I guess I've really come to like that type of TV, though.

I very much preferred John Adams.

Iowanian
08-14-2008, 11:00 AM
Thats probably because of relatability to that character...

Baby Lee
08-14-2008, 11:05 AM
I very much preferred John Adams.

I really enjoyed John Adams, but with it being the summer doldrums, I'm actively jonzing come time for the next GK.

I really like that this show is 'documenting' a group of guys who are highly skilled, highly motivated, and very determined. Seeing how a 'finely tuned Ferrari' adapts to a demolition derby.
Seeing how distractions and situations are handled by these guys is a window we don't get in the more mainstream 'poor Jimmy from Mississippi, dropped into hell' portrayal of battle.
Very interesting to see Fick, who got effed over when he passed the ROE to his command with a bad result, suck it up and realize that morale takes precedence over his own ego and arguably go overboard to quash any naysaying of command.

DaneMcCloud
08-14-2008, 11:14 AM
I am more bitterer than you, Mr. morphius. By a long shot. I am trenchant. I am mordant. I am acid. I am corrosive chemicals. I am rank, sour vinegar. I am a bag of stale sauerkraut. I am a gallon of caustic lemon juice applied liberally to an injured nutsack. I am hell's half acre of ever doubtful and diminishing returns. I am running down the middle of the street in a chicken costume and no shoes screaming the halleleua chorus in falsetto and reverse.

Whew!

I feel lots better. Thanks for listening, guys.

FAX

You forgot myopic...

:fire:

DaneMcCloud
08-14-2008, 11:16 AM

I knew I'd get dragged into this somehow

Dartgod
08-14-2008, 11:18 AM
I have no need to defend my miltary credentials in this forum.
ROFL

You are a queer pathetic type to call me out as an OIF vet with 150 combat patrols. You have the PAIR to go to Iraq and face down the terrorists? DO IT. Until then, STFU and stop calling me out. As far as NFL football, I SHOWED UP. as far as defending your country, YOU groew a PAIR and YOU show up.

I can take my lumps as an NFL prognosticator. Can you or KCTitus take yours as citizens? My balls are stamped in Bronze as in Bronze STar medal. Next time one of you internet cowboys wants to call a soldier out on "balls" better look up "Bronze Star Medal."

Wake the %$#@ up, and discern the times we live in.

Iowanian
08-14-2008, 11:18 AM

Its just jealousy because Eva Longoria wrote her name on your larger than usual manhood with her tongue.

burt
08-14-2008, 11:24 AM

Hey, at least they(we?) are talking about you!:)

I don't subscribe to the idea that the military is some how a better class of person than non military, however, I do respect them and apreciate what they do for our country. So, thank you, Kcjohnny, for your service, and f*** you for your shitty attitude. I will pay, the slimmer
Clayton to kick your ass when you return.

burt
08-14-2008, 11:25 AM
Its just jealousy because Eva Longoria wrote her name on your larger than usual manhood with her tongue.

after reading that....I need a smoke.

Baby Lee
08-14-2008, 11:29 AM

Out of love . . .

burt
08-14-2008, 11:33 AM
Out of love . . .

it would take 3 very large men to drag me "out of love" making......

FAX
08-14-2008, 11:34 AM
True story.

Beat that.

I hit a squirrel square between the eyes with a fruit wheat from about 10 yards.

Done.

FAX

bogey
08-14-2008, 11:37 AM
I hit a squirrel square between the eyes with a fruit wheat from about 10 yards.

Done.

FAX

What's a fruit wheat?

Baby Lee
08-14-2008, 11:39 AM

Done.

FAX

Once writing briefs with 4 other interns in the library at work when I was an intern back in Law School, I noted a 1/4" gap between books on the shelf at the back of the library. Grabbed a rubber band, hollered 'Lookit this' and proceeded to sling that effer right into that gap from about 15 yards.

Should've put money on it.

FAX
08-14-2008, 11:40 AM
What happened to the DuFrains?!?!?

Apparently, they've been kidnapped. No eating until they're found.

Oh. And before I forget ... Ms. KCJohnny is, without question, the shiniest object in the toolbox. No doubt. What he doesn't seem to realize is that some of us have already made the ultimate sacrifice for our country leaving the survivors free to do whatever the f*ck they wish without fear of recrimination from egomaniacal, indoctrinated dumbshits who believe they are better than others. Pay attention, kids. Ms. KCJohnny is the definition of "fool".

FAX

Iowanian
08-14-2008, 11:41 AM
Thats nothing. One time, before man-scaping was vogue, I was getting a hummer from a girl with wider spaces in her teef than Michael Strahan, and her mouth looked like a yard rake that had been dragged through a weed garden.

el borracho
it would take 3 very large men to drag me "out of love" making......

Would they be the same three that drug you in to love-making?

(edit: nothing personal... just adding to the inane dialogue that is this thread)

FAX
What's a fruit wheat?

It is a small wheat cereal square jammed smack full of fruity glom. You eat it for breakfast.

FAX

bogey
08-14-2008, 11:47 AM
It is a small wheat cereal square jammed smack full of fruity glom. You eat it for breakfast.

FAX

Oh... I'll bet that would **** up a squirrel from 10 yards.

burt
08-14-2008, 11:53 AM
Thats nothing. One time, before man-scaping was vogue, I was getting a hummer from a girl with wider spaces in her teef than Michael Strahan, and her mouth looked like a yard rake that had been dragged through a weed garden.

u got guts.

burt
08-14-2008, 11:55 AM
Would they be the same three that drug you in to love-making?

(edit: nothing personal... just adding to the inane dialogue that is this thread)

I was thinking about love making with my Mrs., but now that you mention it...it happened once, just once, in jail. Now we must never mention this again. It's a painful memory.

it's mostly painful because they don't call, they don't write.......

DaneMcCloud
08-14-2008, 12:10 PM
Out of love . . .

Yeah, right ROFL

Oh and PS to Baby Lee - her house IS on the market...

Baby Lee
08-14-2008, 12:13 PM
Yeah, right ROFL

Oh and PS to Baby Lee - her house IS on the market...

Srsly. . . I don't seethe like others over your 'tude. Just chuckle, shake my head and whisper 'that's Dane bein' Dane.' And I used you in the analogy in the hopes that it would resonate with KCJ more than anything.

DaneMcCloud
08-14-2008, 12:15 PM
Srsly. . . I don't seethe like others over your 'tude. Just chuckle, shake my head and whisper 'that's Dane bein' Dane.' And I used you in the analogy in the hopes that it would resonate with KCJ more than anything.

And in all honesty, half the time, it's just to get people's goat.

I'm ornery like that, sometimes.

o:-)

DaFace
08-14-2008, 12:33 PM
Ahhh...an all-out thread hijacking. I haven't seen a good one in a while.

Hammock Parties
08-14-2008, 01:14 PM
I will pay, the slimmer
Clayton to kick your ass when you return.

**** yeah. I'm down.

bogey
08-14-2008, 01:18 PM
Apparently, they've been kidnapped. No eating until they're found.

Oh. And before I forget ... Ms. KCJohnny is, without question, the shiniest object in the toolbox. No doubt. What he doesn't seem to realize is that some of us have already made the ultimate sacrifice for our country leaving the survivors free to do whatever the f*ck they wish without fear of recrimination from egomaniacal, indoctrinated dumbshits who believe they are better than others. Pay attention, kids. Ms. KCJohnny is the definition of "fool".

FAX

I hope I never piss you off.

FAX
08-14-2008, 01:20 PM
Oh... I'll bet that would **** up a squirrel from 10 yards.

Actually, no, Mr. bogey. It bounced off his forehead and the squirrel shrugged it off. I have a theory that squirrels are constantly getting beaned on the noggin by falling stuff like acorns and things. At this point, therefore, in their evolution, their foreheads are fruit wheat resistant.

FAX

seclark
08-14-2008, 01:27 PM
Actually, no, Mr. bogey. It bounced off his forehead and the squirrel shrugged it off. I have a theory that squirrels are constantly getting beaned on the noggin by falling stuff like acorns and things. At this point, therefore, in their evolution, their foreheads are fruit wheat resistant.

FAX

how many times have you had to define a fruit wheat on this board, fax?
just curious...i know i've asked once.
sec

FAX
08-14-2008, 01:32 PM
sec

This is the second time, Mr. seclark.

I am getting quite a few letters and emails from fans, though. Wanting to know my fruit wheat throwing techniques like approaching the target, dealing with wind resistance, stuff like that. Apparently, fruit wheat throwing is big in Europe. I'm like a god over there.

FAX

Chiefs Pantalones
08-14-2008, 01:34 PM
I can't believe you guys are wasting your time with this worthless human being.

But it is funny lmao

bogey
08-14-2008, 01:35 PM
sec

I even tried googling it.

bogey
08-14-2008, 01:35 PM

I am getting quite a few letters and emails from fans, though. Wanting to know my fruit wheat throwing techniques like approaching the target, dealing with wind resistance, stuff like that. Apparently, fruit wheat throwing is big in Europe. I'm like a god over there.

FAX

It should be an Olympic sport.

seclark
08-14-2008, 01:38 PM

FAX

well, i mentioned them to the plain and average mrs. sec and she looked for them at the store. said she couldn't find any so she got a box of cheerios, instead. i can't throw them for $hit, and the squirrels in my yard are not intimidated whatsoever.
any advice?
sec

Hammock Parties
08-14-2008, 01:42 PM
KCJohnny is wrongly titled.

He should have his name changed to KCINHUMANSACKOFSHIT

Fairplay
08-14-2008, 01:43 PM

lol, everyone knew this would eventually come back up.

This is great.ROFL

burt
08-14-2008, 01:44 PM

If anyone seethes over Dane, they have numerous problems, because like you said...."Just Dane being Dane" He's alright in my book...we are a fairly eclectic group...that is why it is fun here.

FAX
08-14-2008, 01:50 PM
well, i mentioned them to the plain and average mrs. sec and she looked for them at the store. said she couldn't find any so she got a box of cheerios, instead. i can't throw them for $hit, and the squirrels in my yard are not intimidated whatsoever.
any advice?
sec

With all respect, Mr. seclark. I never claimed to be an expert at throwing every kind of cereal known to man. However, I imagine that the problem with cheerios is that they are of Satan.

Nevertheless, you might try melting some lead and filling the little holes in each cheerio. That might (and I emphasize, might) allow you to generate more velocity. That's the thing with fruit wheats. The interior, fruity glom gives them some weight so you can pitch them further. They may have discontinued them, though. I haven't seen any in the stores for awhile.

FAX

bogey
08-14-2008, 01:54 PM
If anyone seethes over Dane, they have numerous problems, because like you said...."Just Dane being Dane" He's alright in my book...we are a fairly eclectic group...that is why it is fun here.

He's definitely created a memorable character.

seclark
08-14-2008, 01:57 PM
However, I imagine that the problem with cheerios is that they are of Satan.

FAX

might explain why this guy was sitting on my patio table this morning...

the Talking Can
08-14-2008, 01:58 PM

you've got a bigger hole between your legs than Anna Nicole Smith's rotted corpse.....

you are teh King Douchbag of teh Intertube

bogey
08-14-2008, 02:00 PM
www.hometalkers.com/forums/general-foodie-talk/ 8469-filled-shredded-wheat.html

bogey
08-14-2008, 02:02 PM
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
10-21-2004, 12:08 PM
stsong

Fruit filled shredded wheat?
Does fruit filled shredded wheat still exist? For some reason my husband is craving for fruit filled shredded wheat. I don't anybody make them anymore. Has anybody seen some lately?
Last edited by stsong : 10-21-2004 at 12:42 PM.

10-21-2004, 04:17 PM

kristen nov02

No, I think they discontinued them. I used to love these and have not been able to find them in the last couple of years.

10-21-2004, 07:35 PM
stsong

hey kristen nov02,

Thanks for the reply. I just have to tell my husband that they are no longer available.

seclark
08-14-2008, 02:06 PM
i bet you could still find them on ebay, bogey.
sec

|Zach|
08-14-2008, 02:11 PM
I have no need to defend my miltary credentials in this forum.
False

bogey
08-14-2008, 02:11 PM
i bet you could still find them on ebay, bogey.
sec

I'm not a big fan of fruity glom. I too homophobic for that.

FAX
08-14-2008, 02:15 PM
Sounds like people all over the country are wondering what happened to fruit wheats. I think you could make your own with some strawberry jam and some regular little shredded wheat biscuit things. Just cut open the biscuit, carve out its little wheat guts, slam jam, and fit the wheat parts back together. Maybe we should post that recipe for that lady.

FAX

Fairplay
08-14-2008, 02:33 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9pkZQMYepHQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9pkZQMYepHQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Baby Lee
08-14-2008, 02:35 PM
It should be an Olympic sport.

It needs a fancier title than fruit wheat flinging.

Grainage?

FAX
08-14-2008, 02:36 PM
Who is that person, Mr. Fairplay?

FAX

FAX
08-14-2008, 02:37 PM
Cereal bowling?

Starchery?

FAX

bogey
08-14-2008, 02:38 PM
Glomput

Baby Lee
08-14-2008, 02:41 PM
Cereal bowling?

Starchery?

FAX

Flaxminton?
Jamdo?
Taekwondough?

Fairplay
08-14-2008, 02:45 PM

FAX

I have no idea. They are made fun of a lot on you tube. A group out of germany i think.

|Zach|
08-14-2008, 02:47 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/841v0CfdpmA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/841v0CfdpmA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Third Eye
08-14-2008, 02:49 PM

FAX

Upon first inspection, I really thought that was a woman. After researching it, it turns out that HE is the singer for Tokio Hotel, Bill Kaulitz.

Fairplay
08-14-2008, 02:51 PM
This is funnier, but strong language.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Oz8IAFZx7QM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Oz8IAFZx7QM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>