PDA

View Full Version : Science You and Camp

Rain Man
08-13-2008, 08:38 PM
What camps did you go to as a child, and for how long?

Poll coming, just so I can get my poll-making badge.

blueballs
08-13-2008, 08:57 PM
I've slept under bridges and cars

talastan
08-13-2008, 10:59 PM
Drumline, Church, and Boy Scout Camps. Football Camp in Jr High and High School if that counts as well. Oh and I hoboed across the US in a freight car.....JK! ;)

CosmicPal
08-13-2008, 11:02 PM
Classic outdoor camps (2)

And uhhh, yeah, Golf Camp.

Golf Camp was fun though, 'cause they had Cheerleading Camp at the same time and we shared the same dorms with the girls.

RealSNR
08-14-2008, 12:35 AM
I did music camps and a language camp. The language camp sucked balls, even if it was only for a week. I learned nothing that I wouldn't learn in school years later.

DaneMcCloud
08-14-2008, 01:36 AM
I prefer 14 days of sex camp. Those are offered all the time in Woodland Hills, CA.

Though sadly, that wasn't an option.

JuicesFlowing
08-14-2008, 01:38 AM
Good ol' church camp.

BigRedChief
08-14-2008, 06:07 AM
Went to an outdoor camp once. It was through a church but they said it wasn't a religious camp. And they did pray and had services a couple of times but that was okay not a real pushy thing with the religion.

But what I remember was that we had to watch anti-communist propaganda films. At least 5 times in a week. Commmuism is the worse thing to happen to humanity. They will destroy our way of life etc. Thinking about it now, what was the difference of how they were trying to indoctroniate/brainwash their kids any different than the commies?

Stewie
08-14-2008, 06:11 AM
Church camp
Baseball camp
Basketball camp

rad
08-14-2008, 06:23 AM
I prefer 14 days of sex camp. Those are offered all the time in Woodland Hills, CA.

Though sadly, that wasn't an option.

I was born in Woodland Hills. Yolo county, right?

Oh, and yes, church camp. 1 week for like 4 years.

Baby Lee
08-14-2008, 06:35 AM
Boy Scout Troop camped a weekend a month every month for 7 years, except June/July when we'd spend 10 days in Osceola.
Had Church Reunion [1 week] and Retreat [1 weekend] once a year
Had a couple of soccer day camps in younger years, until playing for the traveling team pretty much took care of all the soccer exposure I needed, as well as taking care of those pesky excess free weekends.
In HS went to a couple of mock trial camps

osumatt
08-14-2008, 09:19 AM
Went to Camp Longhorn in Burnett, TX. What a kick-but experience for a kid! Away from my parents for three freaking weeks during the summer. Went there for 5 years as a camper and went one year after that as a CIT (Counselor In Training). Good times...good times...