PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Erik Ainge.

Micjones
08-14-2008, 04:22 PM
There's some rumblings that Ainge may not make the team in New York.
Would you consider the guy for a spot on your Practice Squad if you're Herm Edwards?

Bowser
08-14-2008, 04:24 PM
Have you seen our QB's? I'd say yes.

Micjones
08-14-2008, 04:27 PM
Have you seen our QB's? I'd say yes.

The only thing about Ainge is that he really isn't mobile.
That's pretty much a prerequisite in the offense Chan has brought this team.
Unless Albert and the line progresses well enough to protect a guy like Ainge.

Bowser
08-14-2008, 04:31 PM
The only thing about Ainge is that he really isn't mobile.
That's pretty much a prerequisite in the offense Chan has brought this team.
Unless Albert and the line progresses well enough to protect a guy like Ainge.

Ehh, I'd have no reservations about a cube being on the practice squad. Especially one that people agree has potential. However, our third QB will likely be running the practice squad drills, so I don't know if there is room for him. Now if the question is "Should we cut Huard for Ainge....."

blueballs
08-14-2008, 04:39 PM
Fins are suppose to be making a last ditch effort to deal Beck
before cutting him soon -just throwing out another option
don't even know his practice squad eligibility

Tiger's Fan
08-14-2008, 04:41 PM
I've seen Eric Ainge play. I'd keep Huard.

Micjones
08-14-2008, 04:42 PM
Ehh, I'd have no reservations about a cube being on the practice squad. Especially one that people agree has potential. However, our third QB will likely be running the practice squad drills, so I don't know if there is room for him. Now if the question is "Should we cut Huard for Ainge....."

I don't think we can have 3 QB's on the roster and only one who can boast an NFL start.

Micjones
08-14-2008, 04:42 PM
I've seen Eric Ainge play. I'd keep Huard.

Kid played some big time football against top competition.

chiefs1111
08-14-2008, 04:45 PM
No thank you

The Franchise
08-14-2008, 04:45 PM
I'd grab him and stick him on the practice squad.

StcChief
08-14-2008, 04:48 PM
no we have other develop needs thatg will be there (providing they aren't snagged on the way) ala Lija.

Micjones
08-14-2008, 04:49 PM
no we have other develop needs thatg will be there (providing they aren't snagged on the way) ala Lija.

Like who?

FAX
08-14-2008, 05:18 PM
I don't know, Mr. Micjones. That guy is completely horrible. I'm not sure he would make a decent PS player, to be honest. He hit his personal ceiling his sophomore year, knocked down the light fixture, and left a dent in the drywall.

FAX

beach tribe
08-14-2008, 05:34 PM
I've seen Eris Ainge play too, and i would say.......hell yeah.

beach tribe
08-14-2008, 05:35 PM
I'd take him over Thigpen as a developmental player.

Micjones
08-14-2008, 05:49 PM
I'd take him over Thigpen as a developmental player.

I thought about this earlier today.
I'm not sure I'm ready to give up on Thigpen yet, but this will likely be Croyle's year to prove himself. Might be nice to have someone waiting in the wings if he doesn't pan out.

HolmeZz
08-14-2008, 05:53 PM
Ainge isn't any good.

***SPRAYER
08-14-2008, 05:57 PM
Wow. A thread about a NY Jet. I think I'm in love.

CupidStunt
08-14-2008, 05:58 PM
Like the guy a lot more than Thigpen. Without question I'd dump Huard or Thigpen in a second to pickup Ainge.

DaKCMan AP
08-14-2008, 06:53 PM
Yes.

And I hate Tennessee. And Erik Ainge. And I've seen him play live, in person 3 times.

OnTheWarpath15
08-14-2008, 06:57 PM
All for it, if it means Huard's on the next flight out of town.

milkman
08-14-2008, 07:02 PM
All for it, if it means Huard's on the next flight out of town.

I doubt Huard is going anywhere this season, much to our displeasure.

But I'd sign Ainge to the practice squad anyway.

DeezNutz
08-14-2008, 07:03 PM
**** no! There's no room for young potential on this team, and we know exactly what Ainge is already. Keep Huard.

OnTheWarpath15
08-14-2008, 07:04 PM
I doubt Huard is going anywhere this season, much to our displeasure.

But I'd sign Ainge to the practice squad anyway.

DON'T TAKE MY DREAM FROM ME, DAMMIT!

:D

milkman
08-14-2008, 07:11 PM
DON'T TAKE MY DREAM FROM ME, DAMMIT!

:D

It's what I do.

Let me ask you this, though.

If the Bucs cut Chris Sims, would you sign him to replace Huard?

OnTheWarpath15
08-14-2008, 07:19 PM
It's what I do.

Let me ask you this, though.

If the Bucs cut Chris Sims, would you sign him to replace Huard?

Abso-****ing-loutely.

DeezNutz
08-14-2008, 07:22 PM
Woud you rather have Sims or Ainge, assuming Herm wants to keep Pigpen?

DaKCMan AP
08-14-2008, 07:23 PM

Ainge.

kcfanintitanhell
08-14-2008, 07:24 PM
I'd like to see him play third base for the Blue Jays during the summer for one year, then play basketball for BC the next winter, then play in the NBA for a year, and maybe, just maybe...

DeezNutz
08-14-2008, 07:28 PM
Ainge.

Me, too.

OnTheWarpath15
08-14-2008, 07:29 PM

Damn.

Without having a crystal ball to tell the future, that's a tough one.

If you think that Croyle isn't ever going to make it through a full season due to injuries, then I'd go Simms. He's obviously better suited to be an immediate backup, where Ainge would need a year or two, at least, before you'd want to throw him out there.

If you think that Croyle can be the guy for at least 2-3 years, then you have time to develop Ainge, and I'd prefer him.

Not knowing the answer to those questions, I'd lean towards Simms.

I think he'd do pretty well with Bowe and TG. He had shit to work with in Tampa. Granted, he can't seem to stay healthy, either...

DeezNutz
08-14-2008, 07:34 PM
Granted, he can't seem to stay healthy, either...

I agree that it's a tough call, but this is why I'd say Ainge. Exploding internal organs seem ominous to me.

the Talking Can
08-14-2008, 07:38 PM
hell yes

like an extra draft pick....he may never amount to anything, but he has the accuracy to warrant a couple years as a 3rd stringer to see if it ever clicks...

milkman
08-14-2008, 07:45 PM

My thinking is that we wouldn't be looking at an either/or with Sims and Ainge.

Sign Sims and kick Huard to the curb.

Sign Ainge to the PS.

OnTheWarpath15
08-14-2008, 07:47 PM

Sign Ainge to the PS.

Sign Simms, boot Huard.

Sign Ainge, boot Thigpen?

Might as well upgrade BOTH backup QB positions...

Buehler445
08-14-2008, 07:49 PM

Sign Ainge to the PS.

Sign me up. Fat man likey.

milkman
08-14-2008, 07:52 PM
Sign Simms, boot Huard.

Sign Ainge, boot Thigpen?

Might as well upgrade BOTH backup QB positions...

I saw some of what the Chiefs like about Thigpen.

His accuracy is an issue, and I don't know if that can be fixed, but he did do some good things against the Bears.

In short, I'm not ready to kick him to the curb yet.

DeezNutz
08-14-2008, 08:06 PM

Sign Ainge to the PS.

Good point. I like this scenario.

FAX
08-14-2008, 08:10 PM
Wow. I can't help but wonder what you guys see in Ainge. Besides really poor decision-making, I mean.

FAX

Deberg_1990
08-14-2008, 08:10 PM
Simms is crap. Id rather have Leftwich or Culpepper in a pinch to be honest.

Buehler445
08-14-2008, 08:17 PM

Leftwich signed with Pittsburgh.

Deberg_1990
08-14-2008, 08:17 PM
Leftwich signed with Pittsburgh.

Really? hadnt heard that. Smart move by them.

milkman
08-14-2008, 08:18 PM

Leftwich signed with the Steelers, and dante Culpepper sucks ass.

beach tribe
08-14-2008, 08:19 PM
Wow. I can't help but wonder what you guys see in Ainge. Besides really poor decision-making, I mean.

FAX

I watched every Tennessee game last year. I thought the kid was a gamer.
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=161062

Buehler445
08-14-2008, 08:19 PM
Really? hadnt heard that. Smart move by them.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/football/nfl/specials/preview/2008/08/10/steelers.leftwich.ap/index.html

LATROBE, Pa. (AP) -- The Pittsburgh Steelers signed veteran quarterback Byron Leftwich on Sunday, choosing the former Jacksonville Jaguars starter over Daunte Culpepper, a three-time Pro Bowl player.

The Steelers signed the 28-year-old Leftwich after both he and Culpepper worked out Sunday morning at the team's training camp at Saint Vincent College.

Pittsburgh needed a backup for Ben Roethlisberger after veteran Charlie Batch broke his right collarbone in Friday night's 16-10 preseason victory over the Philadelphia Eagles. Batch, who is scheduled for surgery Monday, is expected to miss four to six weeks.

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said Leftwich, who has started 46 career games for Jacksonville and Atlanta, may not be released when Batch returns.

"We're just going to let the play talk," Tomlin said. "You know how we do it. We're going to evaluate what we see based on performance."

Leftwich was released by Atlanta in February and has played in just nine games the past two seasons because of ankle injuries. A first-round pick of Jacksonville in 2003, he saw action in 15 games that season, making 13 starts. He missed two games in 2004 and five in 2005 with injuries.

A serious ankle injury in 2006 limited him to just six games, opening the door for backup David Garrard to get a 10-game audition and win the starting job. Leftwich was released at the end of training camp last year and signed with Atlanta.

The Steelers also signed veteran punter Mitch Berger on Sunday to compete with Paul Ernster. Punter Daniel Sepulveda, a fourth-round draft pick in 2007, tore an anterior cruciate ligament on the first day of practice, ending his season.

The 35-year-old Berger is a 12-year veteran with a career average of 43.1 yards with five different teams, including Arizona in 2007.

The Steelers also activated Pro Bowl nose tackle Casey Hampton from the physically unable to perform list, where he had been since failing his conditioning test July 27. To make room for Leftwich and Berger on the roster, the team waived wide receiver Gerran Walker and linebacker Anthony Trucks.

FAX
08-14-2008, 08:23 PM
I watched every Tennessee game last year. I thought the kid was a gamer.
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=161062

I didn't watch every game, but I watched quite a few. A lot of Vol fans around here, as you know. I was consistently and highly unimpressed with Ainge. Funny how that goes. It's like two guys seeing the same car wreck and describing it differently. I defer to your judgement, Mr. beach tribe, because your football acumen is second to none. Still, I'll be surprised if Ainge makes it in this league. Very surprised.

FAX

beach tribe
08-14-2008, 08:31 PM
I didn't watch every game, but I watched quite a few. A lot of Vol fans around here, as you know. I was consistently and highly unimpressed with Ainge. Funny how that goes. It's like two guys seeing the same car wreck and describing it differently. I defer to your judgement, Mr. beach tribe, because your football acumen is second to none. Still, I'll be surprised if Ainge makes it in this league. Very surprised.

FAX

Fair enough, and you may very well be correct sir, but he definitely has the measurables to play the position, and his #s are pretty impressive.
Some guy named Manning no longer holds some of UTs records because of this kid.

FAX
08-14-2008, 08:37 PM
Fair enough, and you may very well be correct sir, but he definitely has the measurables to play the position, and his #s are pretty impressive.
Some guy named Manning no longer holds some of UTs records because of this kid.

He's a big guy, that's for sure. I think he's almost 7 feet tall.

You know, I mainly remember him when he first started playing for the Vols. Fulmer kept putting him in games then pulling him out. He was, essentially, splitting time with the other guy (I can't remember who). When I think of Ainge, that's what I mainly think about ... his inability to win the job outright.

FAX

DeezNutz
08-14-2008, 08:39 PM
his inability to win the job outright.

FAX

Herm values this quality in a QB.

DaKCMan AP
08-14-2008, 08:54 PM
He's a big guy, that's for sure. I think he's almost 7 feet tall.

You know, I mainly remember him when he first started playing for the Vols. Fulmer kept putting him in games then pulling him out. He was, essentially, splitting time with the other guy (I can't remember who). When I think of Ainge, that's what I mainly think about ... his inability to win the job outright.

FAX

Brent Schaeffer. They were both freshmen.

RustShack
08-14-2008, 09:12 PM
**** it, bring him in!

Micjones
08-14-2008, 11:03 PM
The kid threw 3 TD's for every interception last season.
Playing SEC football.
He's a big guy with a good enough arm.

I'd definitely take a look. Especially if he's just gonna be on the street.

FAX
08-14-2008, 11:48 PM
Well, I guess I'm one incurably ignorant poster.

Not that I'm trying to justify my opinion here, but seriously ... why is he on the street?

FAX THE INCURABLY IGNORANT

Mecca
08-14-2008, 11:51 PM
Brent Schaeffer. They were both freshmen.

For being a 5 star player Brent Schaeffer sure has bounced around and basically sucked balls.

Direckshun
08-15-2008, 01:29 AM
I would take him simply because I believe you should always have a QB on your PS.

I liked Ainge anyway coming out of Tennessee this year. I thought he was an outside shot to have startint potential.

FAX
08-15-2008, 01:44 AM
I don't get it. If he was good enough to have "outside" starting potential, why is he likely not being fitted for a uniform at the Jetskis? Fa-Va-Rah just came to town, but still ...

FAX

ChiefsCountry
08-15-2008, 01:46 AM
I don't get it. If he was good enough to have "outside" starting potential, why is he likely not being fitted for a uniform at the Jetskis? Fa-Va-Rah just came to town, but still ...

FAX

The Jets organization makes Carl Peterson look like a genious.

FAX
08-15-2008, 01:48 AM
The Jets organization makes Carl Peterson look like a genious.

LOLOROLOR

Well, it that's the case, bring him in. Maybe we can get a draft pick for him later.

FAX

Direckshun
08-15-2008, 01:50 AM
I honestly don't know.

If it makes you feel any better, I was wrong about a shitload of things in the Draft.

Basileus777
08-15-2008, 01:53 AM
Ainge was a guy who just threw short passes and checked down all the time in college. I never understood why anyone would think he would be a good pro.

FAX
08-15-2008, 02:09 AM
It doesn't make me feel any better, Mr. Direckshun. It actually makes me feel worse since your football knowlege is so highly admired and respected on the board. I hate to see you miss.

I guess that, unlike a lot of guys on here, I really don't mind if I appear uninformed on a particular topic or two or ten (no more than ten, I think). Frankly, I'd like to think that I compensate in other areas for those specific matters in which I am, at this point, weak. The fact is that, in part, I view ChiefsPlanet as a great place to learn about a variety of things - including, as it happens, professional football. For example, you, Mr. Direckshun, have been extremely informative and helpful on an array of subjects in the past. So, keep up the good work and don't let the bastards get you down. But, if they do get you down, either keep a police whistle with you and blow really hard on that bad boy in the hope that your enemies have highly sensitive ear drums and have recently removed any excess wax or, in the alternative and as the great David Crosby once remarked on his landmark solo album, play real good possum. Sometimes, if they think you're dead, they'll just take your wallet and your girlfriend and leave you alone after that. Of course, sometimes if they think you're dead, they'll wrap you up in a stinky tarp and dump your body in the trunk of a '79 Plymouth and take you out to some remote, deserted spot by the ocean and throw you down a steep, rocky cliff face 250 feet straight down onto sharp, jagged rocks. If that happens, you need some kind of way to get out of the trunk while they're stopped at a traffic light which would lead one to suggest that a can opener or collapsible blowtorch might come in pretty handy, although even a collapsible blowtorch is going to be difficult to conceal on your person unless you have a utility belt or something like that.

FAX

beach tribe
08-15-2008, 06:21 AM
Ainge was a guy who just threw short passes and checked down all the time in college. I never understood why anyone would think he would be a good pro.

Catch all the Tennessee games in New Jersey did ya?

This statement is false.

08-15-2008, 06:33 AM
He might have a mysterious injury and be placed on IR. I don't think the Jets want to let him go, but they'll have no choice unless they want to carry 4 QB's.

Basileus777
08-15-2008, 10:23 AM
Catch all the Tennessee games in New Jersey did ya?

This statement is false.

The SEC does get quite a few nationally televised games. I didn't see all of the Tennessee games, but the 6 or 7 times I did see Ainge play left with me that impression.

Micjones
08-15-2008, 11:40 AM
Well, I guess I'm one incurably ignorant poster.

Not that I'm trying to justify my opinion here, but seriously ... why is he on the street?

FAX THE INCURABLY IGNORANT

Why was Priest Holmes on the street?
Being cut isn't always a knock on the player's ability.

The Jets can't keep Ainge unless they carry four.

This kid played big time football at Tennessee.
To not even give him a look when you have no solid answers at QB makes no sense. Especially when he can be had for little to nothing.

ChiefsCountry
08-15-2008, 12:44 PM
Why was Priest Holmes on the street?

He was an unrestricted free agent.

Micjones
08-15-2008, 01:00 PM
He was an unrestricted free agent.

And following Fax's logic...
He would never have been if he had any value.

Unfortunately that's untrue.
Players are cut and allowed to become free agents for a number of reasons.

FAX
08-15-2008, 01:06 PM
And following Fax's logic...
He would never have been if he had any value.

Unfortunately that's untrue.
Players are cut and allowed to become free agents for a number of reasons.

It's funny. This is about the fourth time someone has chosen to speak on my behalf this week - inaccurately. Actually, Mr. Micjones, I didn't posit the statement which you have attributed to me. I merely asked a question in the faint hope that someone would provide the answer.

If Ainge is as good as you guys say, why might the Jetskis let him go? It's a legitimate question. If you don't know, that's okay - but I'll not put words on your keyboard if you don't put words on mine. Deal?

FAX

DeezNutz
08-15-2008, 01:13 PM
According to Fax's logic, Carl Peterson should be jockeying a hotdog stand outside of Fargo because of his extensive knowledge of signage.

OnTheWarpath15
08-15-2008, 01:18 PM
It's funny. This is about the fourth time someone has chosen to speak on my behalf this week - inaccurately. Actually, Mr. Micjones, I didn't posit the statement which you have attributed to me. I merely asked a question in the faint hope that someone would provide the answer.

If Ainge is as good as you guys say, why might the Jetskis let him go? It's a legitimate question. If you don't know, that's okay - but I'll not put words on your keyboard if you don't put words on mine. Deal?

FAX

I'm with you, Mr. FAX.

I would like to know why anyone would think that Erik Ainge is on the hot seat.

Can he not beat out Brett Ratliff?

FAX
08-15-2008, 01:19 PM
According to Fax's logic, Carl Peterson should be jockeying a hotdog stand outside of Fargo because of his extensive knowledge of signage.

According to my logic, posting can sometimes be equated to Dante's Eighth Circle of Hell.

FAX

DeezNutz
08-15-2008, 01:21 PM
Diomedes was a good dude. Ulysses was ok, too.

Micjones
08-15-2008, 01:25 PM

FAX

I'm not putting words on your keyboard sir.

I just knew where you were going with that question.
And judging by your post I'd say I was rather intuitive. You question his inherent value to the team because he may be on the outs in New York. I simply pointed out that being cut isn't always a by-product of poor performance.

In the case of Ainge (I already answered this question)...
The Jets would have to carry four to keep him.
Ratliff has been impressive, they have Clemens (a former Second-Round pick), and then there's that Hall of Famer... There simply is no room at the inn.

Then, of course, there's the fact that teams evaluate players in different ways and one team's cutting room floor is another team's opportunity. We've cut players who've gone on to produce elsewhere.

Ainge was pretty productive at Tennessee. I think we need to at the very least take a look at him. We don't have an answer at QB yet.

FAX
08-15-2008, 01:25 PM
Oh, ye falsifiers!! Ye deceivers and counterfeiters and fraudulent defrauders of the first order!! Begone with ye and ye's dang nab posts of woe!!

FAX

DeezNutz
08-15-2008, 01:33 PM
The Leader and I entered on that hidden road to return into the bright world, and without caring to have any rest we climbed up, he first and I second, so far that I saw through a round opening some of the fair things that Heaven bears; and thence we came forth to see again the stars.

FAX
08-15-2008, 01:39 PM
I'm not putting words on your keyboard sir.

I just knew where you were going with that question.
And judging by your post I'd say I was rather intuitive. You question his inherent value to the team because he may be on the outs in New York. I simply pointed out that being cut isn't always a by-product of poor performance.

In the case of Ainge (I already answered this question)...
The Jets would have to carry four to keep him.
Ratliff has been impressive, they have Clemens, and then there's that Hall of Famer... There simply is no room at the inn.

Then, of course, there's the fact that teams evaluate players in different ways and one team's cutting room floor is another team's opportunity. We've cut players who've gone on to produce elsewhere.

Ainge was pretty productive at Tennessee. I think we need to at the very least take a look at him. We don't have an answer at QB yet.

I admit that, in my first post on the subject, I blurted something out regarding Ainge's horribleness, Mr. Micjones. But, later in the thread and under Mr. beach tribe's patient guidance, I unblurted that to some degree. Still later, I pretty much deblurted that whole deal (and retracted a ton of blurt, in the process) by realizing that, when I think of Ainge, I think of Fulmer pulling him time and again - typically after some boneheaded play or another. According to Fulmer's press conferences on the subject and at the time, Ainge was struggling with "confidence issues" in his early collegiate career.

However, I'm trying to be thoughtful and even handed and mature and super ultra mega cool about this by attempting to find out what you guys "specifically" see in Ainge, that makes you believe he's worth signing. Besides his size, I mean. With all respect, "pretty productive at Tennessee" isn't exactly a glowing review. Perhaps the simple answer is that the Jetskis make Carl look smart - as has been previously averred? Truthfully, I still have no idea what specific attributes Ainge possesses that brings you guys to the point of view that he warrants our attention.

FAX

ModSocks
08-15-2008, 03:27 PM
It doesn't make me feel any better, Mr. Direckshun. It actually makes me feel worse since your football knowlege is so highly admired and respected on the board. I hate to see you miss.

I guess that, unlike a lot of guys on here, I really don't mind if I appear uninformed on a particular topic or two or ten (no more than ten, I think). Frankly, I'd like to think that I compensate in other areas for those specific matters in which I am, at this point, weak. The fact is that, in part, I view ChiefsPlanet as a great place to learn about a variety of things - including, as it happens, professional football. For example, you, Mr. Direckshun, have been extremely informative and helpful on an array of subjects in the past. So, keep up the good work and don't let the bastards get you down. But, if they do get you down, either keep a police whistle with you and blow really hard on that bad boy in the hope that your enemies have highly sensitive ear drums and have recently removed any excess wax or, in the alternative and as the great David Crosby once remarked on his landmark solo album, play real good possum. Sometimes, if they think you're dead, they'll just take your wallet and your girlfriend and leave you alone after that. Of course, sometimes if they think you're dead, they'll wrap you up in a stinky tarp and dump your body in the trunk of a '79 Plymouth and take you out to some remote, deserted spot by the ocean and throw you down a steep, rocky cliff face 250 feet straight down onto sharp, jagged rocks. If that happens, you need some kind of way to get out of the trunk while they're stopped at a traffic light which would lead one to suggest that a can opener or collapsible blowtorch might come in pretty handy, although even a collapsible blowtorch is going to be difficult to conceal on your person unless you have a utility belt or something like that.

FAX

Fax, i've always enjoyed reading your posts. Only you can write a post that includes so many elements and is so damn random. If someone tried to take notes on your post, they would be horribly confused about what's going on. but, it's done so well that i have a lot of respect for you.

"I guess that, unlike a lot of guys on here, I really don't mind if I appear uninformed on a particular topic or two or ten (no more than ten, I think)..."

"your enemies have highly sensitive ear drums and have recently removed any excess wax..."

"...which would lead one to suggest that a can opener or collapsible blowtorch might come in pretty handy, although even a collapsible blowtorch is going to be difficult to conceal on your person unless you have a utility belt or something like that."

Hilarious

Micjones
08-15-2008, 04:15 PM
I admit that, in my first post on the subject, I blurted something out regarding Ainge's horribleness, Mr. Micjones. But, later in the thread and under Mr. beach tribe's patient guidance, I unblurted that to some degree. Still later, I pretty much deblurted that whole deal (and retracted a ton of blurt, in the process) by realizing that, when I think of Ainge, I think of Fulmer pulling him time and again - typically after some boneheaded play or another. According to Fulmer's press conferences on the subject and at the time, Ainge was struggling with "confidence issues" in his early collegiate career.

Are you completely glossing over his final two seasons at Tennessee?

However, I'm trying to be thoughtful and even handed and mature and super ultra mega cool about this by attempting to find out what you guys "specifically" see in Ainge, that makes you believe he's worth signing. Besides his size, I mean.

The kid reads defenses well and processes information rather quickly at the line. The ability to read defenses is a great skill to have wouldn't you say? He gets the ball off because of those quick reads (which led to him being sacked only a few times his Senior season).

He certainly has an NFL arm.

And he's smart.

Couple that with the size and a VERY productive Volunteer campaign (I undersold the guy) and you have a solid NFL prospect.

RustShack
08-15-2008, 04:48 PM
I would take him over Huard.

RustShack
08-15-2008, 04:49 PM
Hes also learning from Favre right now isn't he? A lot of people wanted Favre to come teach Croyle, maybe Ainge can pass on the tips :p

Micjones
08-15-2008, 04:55 PM
Hes also learning from Favre right now isn't he? A lot of people wanted Favre to come teach Croyle, maybe Ainge can pass on the tips :p

He's been with Favre what 2 weeks?
That information ought to come in handy for home Game 1 and 2.

RustShack
08-15-2008, 04:57 PM
You can learn things in two weeks, and hes still with the team isn't he :)

Micjones
08-15-2008, 05:00 PM
You can learn things in two weeks, and hes still with the team isn't he :)

I was kidding.
Well... Not exactly...

Oakland and Denver.